Reunited: Black And White Border Collie Female
- Dog ID 42679
- Status Reunited
- Registered 03 Sep 2012
- Name JESS
- Breed Border Collie
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black and White
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Long Haired
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 01 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Ashley, Cheshire
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area WA15
- Date Found 19 Sep 2012
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 20 Sep 2012
- Other Info 2 1/2 years old. She was wearing a black collar when she went missing. SPAYED and MICROCHIPPED. Please look out for her, if found she should be reported to the Council Dog Warden (which is the LAW)
- Phone 1 07546 522108
- Phone 2
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 3085
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-09-26 20:18 Jackie
- Welcome home Jess...fantastic news for your family...you stay safe now little one xxx
- 2012-09-22 22:59 florida4
- your perseverance in following leads helped you get Jess back congratulations I will take her off my facebook wall now x
- 2012-09-20 19:12 janiejewel1649
- Fantastic news. Am so pleased Jess is safe and well. Am sure she is getting some good food down her. Stay safe now Jess:-)xxx
- 2012-09-20 18:53 Birma04
- So happy she's home again where she belongs :-)
- 2012-09-20 15:26 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Brilliant news. I'm so pleased.
Welcome home beautiful Jess. Stay very safe now xx
- 2012-09-20 11:05 millypod
- So pleased to see Jess is home and safe. Well done to everyone involved.xx
- 2012-09-20 09:33 Meru
- Brilliant news! - Welcome home Jess - please stay safe and close now lovely girl xx
Well done everyone!
- 2012-09-20 08:30 Claire Weston Turville
- Absolutely wonderful news. Your Jess is the double of my girl Remy with spotted nose/legs. Mine is also very noise sensitive and runs off if there is a bang. I am told by my vet that these dogs can hear a bang some 12 miles away and that's why they are so clever of picking up noises from sheep lost in snowdrifts! Stay safe Jess xxLast edited: 2012-09-20 08:33:52 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-09-20 08:08 Sarah
- FANTASTIC!! I am so pleased for you sb I hope I might bump into you both one day :) Brilliant way to start the day I am exstatic to hear she is back safely xx
- 2012-09-20 08:02 AnnieSparky
- Great news, am so pleased Jess is home safe and sound xx :))
- 2012-09-20 07:58 mathers22
- What wonderful news to wake up to so glad she's been found safe. She's a beautiful dog. Well done to everybody - good work xx
- 2012-09-20 03:58 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Brilliant news, i'm so pleased that you have finally found her!
Welcome home Jess, stay safe ((HUGS)) xx - into the blue you go
- 2012-09-20 00:37 doggo
- Skippy-seconded.Big Welcome Home Jess you beautiful Collie. Very welcome news-what a huge relief. Bet you all sleep well tonight for the first time this month! Big woofs from my Border Collies and well done to you & everyone for such a happy ending. Stay safe now Jess.xx
- 2012-09-20 00:10 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- sb - that's fantastic news!!!!! So very pleased Jess stayed off the motorway and is now home safe with you! Well done to you and to all those who helped with postering and searching.
Welcome home Jess - stay safe and close to home lovely! :)xx
- 2012-09-19 22:59 sb
- I am absolutely thrilled to announce that we have found Jess!!!
She was in woodland surrounded by motorway sliproads, and so was effectively trapped there, but thanks to the vigilance and kindness of the general public, I was notified of a possible sighting today, and there she was!
I am so grateful to all of you for working so hard to bring her home, and have been stunned by your willingness and generosity to help so much with this. I am eternally grateful, as is Jess, who is a lot thinner, but otherwise fine, and very happy to be home again, sleeping in her own bed.
- 2012-09-18 22:02 AnnieSparky
- Ah, I was hoping so much she was Jess :( Thanks for letting us know sb.....will keep looking out for Jess. Hoping shes found very soon xx
- 2012-09-18 21:53 sb
- RSPCA dog was already reunited with her owner. Any other leads gratefully followed...
- 2012-09-17 22:00 sb
- Thank you everybody. No luck searching over weekend, but thanks for RSPCA information...waiting to hear back from them. Jess's owner.
- 2012-09-17 18:59 mathers22
- Fingers xx - keep looking for news on Jess
- 2012-09-17 18:46 doggo
- Absolutely worth checking.Fingers crossed for Jess,there is so much woodland round where she's been seen. I've circulated her details to dog people round Altrincham,& will keep an eye out in Chorlton.
- 2012-09-17 14:42 AnnieSparky
- This is probably unlikely match as about 40 miles away but just incase Jess was picked up:
From lost and found section on www.rspca-halifax.org.uk
Found 15/09/2012 in HX6
ID 3890 Black and White border collie 3-4 Years spots on nose Female no collar (?not)sure if chipped
Telephone: 01422 365628
- 2012-09-16 06:30 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you everyone for all your help and support :)
- 2012-09-15 22:36 sb
- Thank you so much for all your efforts today, esp Sarah and jainwp. I am deeply touched by your dedication, and very appreciative. I searched the area at daybreak this morning, then again for another 2 hours this evening, but no sign of her, and dog walkers I asked had not seen her either. Many thanks, Jess's owner.
- 2012-09-15 16:30 Sarah
- Sorry for delay have only just managed to get to my computer. Once again sorry to say still not seen her....
As I said last night went for a walk in Styal Woods this morning had a look for her there but no luck showed her poster to the people I met.
Quarry Bank Mill (National Trust) now have her poster and will display for a few days, they have also notified all the staff who will be on the look out for her too.
I also gave a poster to the Bus that runs there.
Had another drive round the area - nothing new, but did pull over several times as it was obviously dog walking hour spoke to the owners and showed them her poster and one gentleman asked for my poster so he can show it round when walking his dogs.
I did see the poster in the window of the Security office by Big Wood as they promised so thanks to them.
- 2012-09-14 23:47 jainwp
- Drove up Shadow Moss rd at about 3pm, on way back from airport, it's v noisy in day, due to lot of road works going on, so expect that's why Jess only coming out at night. Will try to get some posters printed off for tomorrow.
- 2012-09-14 22:43 Sarah
- I really hope you can find her - keeping everything crossed for you. I will keep my eyes open tomorrow - going to walk in Styal Woods will take poster to them there too...
- 2012-09-14 21:54 sb
- Out searching area this evening, including Big Wood, but not sighted yet. She probably comes out at night, so more likely to see her after dark. Many thanks, Jess's owner.
- 2012-09-14 15:43 sb
- Thank you everyone, particularly Sarah, for all the help you are giving us. This is amazing. I really appreciate everything you are doing. Jess's owner.
- 2012-09-14 15:37 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Many thanks Sarah and everyone else who is helping keep a look out for Jess, her owner will be so pleased to know there are eyes and ears in the area :)
- 2012-09-14 15:23 Sarah
- Jackalee as requested adding my post from FB
OK first of all Sorry not seen her.....
I have been out down Shadowmoss Road as well as surrounding areas. I have left her poster with the following
1.Regus (and they are doing internal email too)
2.PZ Cussons next door
3.Site Managers Office
4.With an Amey driver who is also working around the airport said he will spread the word.
5/6.MTP Cantine + Securtiy have one each (Where all the metro workers go by the airport) asked them to keep a look out on all sites there too)
7/8.Couple of Receptions on Business Park on Mollingot Rd off of Shadowmoss Road
9.With Security at entrance to second business park Threapwood Road (they are putting inthe wondow so all who drive to work will see her)There is a place called Big Wood there which looks like a good place to lay low.
Lastly 10.with a courier who works the area...
Hope this helpsLast edited: 2012-09-14 15:24:51 by Sarah
- 2012-09-14 15:13 florida4
- As I live in the SK3 area, I have shared this on my facebook page, hope Jess comes home soon
- 2012-09-14 13:03 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thanks Jayne :)Last edited: 2012-09-14 13:06:00 by Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- 2012-09-14 12:45 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in SK1-9 M19-22,90.
- 2012-09-14 08:42 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Bumped for alerts request
- 2012-09-13 23:49 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Please can alerts go out further afield to the areas surrounding SK8, thanks
- 2012-09-13 23:05 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Have bumped Jess due to the sighting. Anyone in the area sb mentioned to help keep an eye out for Jess???
- 2012-09-13 22:58 sb
- There has been another (almost certain) sighting of Jess on Shadow Moss Road, just north of Ringway (which leads east from the north side of Manchester Airport). It was at about 8pm on 13/9/12, and she was heading towards Wythenshawe/Heald Green. As this was a night time sighting, she is probably lying low during daylight hours. However, I would be incredibly grateful if anyone could search in that area. With many thanks, Jess's owner.
- 2012-09-13 07:06 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you everyone for all your help, its greatly appreciated.
- 2012-09-13 07:05 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Hi Sb,
Thank you for taking the time to post on here, i know how worried you are about Jess. I know you have been searching and searching for her!
Please put her in the paper, it will reach even more people and might bring some news of Jess.
You are doing a fantastic job!!
- 2012-09-12 21:54 sb
- Thanks everyone for your offers of help. I have spent many, many hours searching the area where there was a possible sighting, but with no luck, so not sure if it was her or another dog. No other sightings. I have contacted every official person I can think of, but thanks for offering to help. She is very shy and timid (typical collie) so may still be in the area, but hiding, so if you see a collie in the Hale/Bowden/ Mobberley/Knutsford/Wilmslow/Altrincham area, potentially along the River Bollin, please let me know. Alternatively someone may have put her in their car, so she could be further afield. She has very distinctive markings, so please check any collie like this that you see. We miss her very much. With many thanks, Jess's owner
- 2012-09-11 12:49 juliej353
- I live in WA16, ten minutes away, I can help search for Jess anytime, is there a plan?
- 2012-09-11 12:39 Jaspbenswood
- Work in WA14 and live in M33 - do you need help in this area still?
- 2012-09-11 10:30 Sarah
- Just spoken to the Golf Club who will hopefully put poster up - I have emailed it to them. I will be out looking today and spreading the word fingers crossed...
- 2012-09-11 10:01 Helen
- Really hope that Jess' owners get some help with the searches. Must be very difficult trying to cover a large area on your own. I am 60 miles away and couldn't help as much as I would like but could travel down for a day at the weekend to help if this would be useful. Such a worry, particularly when they are near motorways and railway lines. Really hope that she is found very soon. If there is anything I can do from a distance, such as email posters to local businesses and vets, I would be very glad to help.Last edited: 2012-09-11 15:09:03 by Helen
- 2012-09-11 06:51 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Update about the possible sighting:
She was sighted just west of Hale Golf Course, by the river Bollin, north of M56 but east of railway from Ashley to Hale. Sunday night (9/9/12) at about 6 pm.
Her owners searched the area but not seen her. Shes been scenting the area ect. Jess's owner could really do with some help with searches?
- 2012-09-10 08:10 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I had a message to say that someone called Jess's owner to say they are 99% sure they seen her in local woods, i have asked for more info regarding this.
Her owner went straight out and spent ages in the woods but didn't see her, i've re-sent scenting instructions.
I have bumped her page and will update when i get more info about the sighting
- 2012-09-09 07:36 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- i believe that M33 postcode and others where sent out when Jess was fist put on here, please scroll down the page.
I have now added the pic that jainwp been sharing on FB for jess's owner. I'm sorry that shes not had any news about Jess but hopefully she will be found very soon x
You might have to refresh the page to see the new pic added in the first slot
- 2012-09-06 20:13 jainwp
- as according to someone who knows the owner (one of my vets) poss sighting on Atlantic St Alti
- 2012-09-06 20:12 jainwp
- Also please send alerts to M33, neighbouring post code - and
- 2012-09-05 08:57 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in WA13,14,15,16.
- 2012-09-04 20:16 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Can new alerts go out pls due to the right postcode now being added, thank you.
I've bumped her page so Admin sees this
- 2012-09-04 20:15 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Jess was last seen in Ashley, near Manchester Airport/M56.
Her owner did phone the highways but no dogs been picked up BUT they did have a report of a dog on the M56 but it ran off.
Her owner is desparate to find her, please help
- 2012-09-03 18:05 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have updated Jess's details to show on her poster.
Jess went missing from her owners garden, shooting nearby which could of scared her.
Her owners contacted everyone she can think of, Dog Warden, chip company, dogs homes, vets ect.
E-mail sent with information and advise - I hope Jess is home very soon
- 2012-09-03 17:58 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- thank you Jayne x
- 2012-09-03 16:05 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in M22,90. wa15,16. sk9.
- 2012-09-03 15:43 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Photo added, can alerts go out pls
- 2012-09-03 13:33 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Owners going to send me (i think) a pic later on
- 2012-09-03 13:28 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- requested photo