Lost: Ginger Cross Breed Male In Central (NG22)
- Dog ID 42660
- Status Lost
- Registered 02 Sep 2012
- Name CLYDE
- Breed Cross Breed
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Large
- Colour Ginger
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Large Rottie cross Akita with long curly tail. 18 months old.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 01 Sep 2012
- Where Lost East Markham. Nottingham.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area NG22
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Clyde is 18 months old and went missing from the farm he lives on. He ran off with another dog that later returned. The area is open countryside and his owner is very worried about him.
- Phone 1 07773 365207
- Phone 2
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 2976
- See more dogs Lost in NG22
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-01-24 13:58 4paws
- Theres a very similar dog found 47736..worth a look?
- 2012-12-28 09:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-11-21 18:27 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks Kelly, will let the owner know.
- 2012-11-21 18:25 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Poster sent to Notts TLO
- 2012-11-21 08:20 Kelly DW
- Sorry meant to put they have called him Red Ruben.
- 2012-11-21 08:18 Kelly DW
It maybe a long shot but I have seen on facebook a dog which looks simular to Clyde. He is meant to be coming in from a pound and going to Tag Rescue in Ramsgate this is their website but he isnt on yet but it maybe worth ringing them to see which pound he is in and just double check. www.tagpetrescue.org.uk or call 01843 822931.
- 2012-11-13 13:38 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- The kennels have said that the found dog was claimed by two lads. Unsure at this point whether they provided any proof of this and owner is looking into it further as they still think that this was Clyde.
- 2012-11-13 13:08 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Really wish I wasn't in work today Sue - would drive to Acorn and see if he is there - I can get there Friday but not before - Cheshire West normally rehome through Acorn Kennels, Whitchurch if dogs aren't claimed in 7 days. Has the DW confirmed the dog hasn't been claimed? I did notice that the photo appeared to have a reference...(middle bit of the name (dogid 1198 I think) Do hope they can track this boy down.
Just thinking - I think one of lost dog Hezka's helpers is local to Whitchurch - she may be able to drop in and take a look about?
- 2012-11-13 09:02 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- 2012-11-12 23:12 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Thanks for the update Sue - All crossed here.xx
- 2012-11-12 20:37 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Skippy I've spoken to the owner, she's looked at the photo and thinks it may be Clyde so she's going to phone them tomorrow. Fingers crossed for Clyde
- 2012-11-12 19:25 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Thanks Sue - dog has now disappeared from the website - I sent an email through to admin with the phot but just realised I didn't add all the details.
They had the dog listed as a Male Mastiff picked up in Ellesmere port on 01/11/12 - no reference on the site I'm afraid. Hopefully the dog warden will be able to help.
- 2012-11-12 17:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks Skippy, I've notified the owner.
- 2012-11-12 09:19 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Some distance away, but there is a very similar dog on the Cheshire west dog warden website - picked up in Ellesmere Port on 1st November:
- 2012-09-11 20:41 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, still no news on Clyde. He has been on the radio and will be going in the paper shortly. Nothing found on railway line which is good news.
- 2012-09-04 12:30 Owl
- Thanks JennyB. Owners have already been in touch with railways and were going to ask for a call to be put out on local radio.
- 2012-09-03 21:51 JennyB
- So sorry to see that Clyde is missing - it is well worth contacting your local radio stations and asking them to put out regular alerts for you - we did this when our GSD went missing over Christmas and they were extremely helpful to us. Also keep in regular contact with Network Rail, because they were also good to us. Hope this helps - we will keep a look out for Clyde, but it is a little out of our region. Will keep checking back to keep track of Clyde's movements, and if it looks like he is moving towards Collingham, we will come out to look with you. Best wishes JennyB xxx
- 2012-09-03 20:44 Owl
- The trail we picked up led through the fields down to join Quakefield Rd and followed it into East Markham village. Then through the churchyard down to skirt part of the fishing lakes, then along field edges and through a fence on to the footpath which runs parallel to the railway and leads to the Fountains inn at Tuxford. Then across A6075 on to Marnham Road, over roundabout and railway bridge, past Orchard caravan park, until we stopped just short of Merryfield Farm. Clyde was nipping in and out of fields on the way, doing a bit of hunting. Wispa showed us where he had been, the grass was flattened. She had done 2 hours and was getting tired, and at first I wasn't sure if the trail had come to a dead end or not. But then a light wind got up and she began pick up his scent in the air. She, and I, think he is out in those fields somewhere in that area. He may have roamed as far as Skegby.
- 2012-09-03 15:21 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, Wispa is going out at 2.00pm to do some tracking....fingers crossed. Railtrack are working on the line and have not seen anything.
- 2012-09-03 09:15 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in NG22,23. DN22.
- 2012-09-02 18:00 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Circulating on twitter.
- 2012-09-02 17:20 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Photo on site for alerts to go out please xx
- 2012-09-02 17:17 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Put on Facebook Central and East Mids & Warks
- 2012-09-02 14:49 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, she needs to contact DW. She could also try to put an ad on the radio. There are a few travellers in the area, have advised her to poster with 'reward' on. Advised her to contact 'railtrack' as the main Edinburgh line is not far away.
- 2012-09-02 14:45 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Photo has been sent to admin.
- 2012-09-02 14:45 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-09-02 13:33
- Sorry to see that CLYDE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.