Reunited: Black Labrador Retriever Female
- Dog ID 42640
- Status Reunited
- Registered 01 Sep 2012
- Name MOLLY
- Breed Labrador Retriever
- Gender Female
- Age Young Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Black
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 01 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Molly slipped her lead when being dropped off at Labrador Rescue North West Tincklers Lane, Eccleston, Chorley at approximately 2pm this afternoon.
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area PR7
- Date Found 07 Sep 2012
- Where Found Caught in a humane trap.
- Found In Region North West
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Molly is a very slight/nervous/small lab who is wary of new people especially men. She has no collar on. Someone with a dog may have more chance of getting close to her. Approximately 20months old.
- Phone 1 01257 452500
- Phone 2 07964 528142
- Listed By mollymunch
- Views 2426
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-09-10 09:53 Meru
- Fantastic news! Welcome home Molly - stay safe and close now lovely girl xx
- 2012-09-08 21:31 jobadger
- Lovely news that this youngster is safe. To the individual who stole the original trap - what goes round comes round........... Well done to those involved. x
- 2012-09-08 16:07 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Actual photo now uploaded :) You may have to refresh to see it.
The photo was taken today by Andi and her son Jaz. The rescue have invited Jaz to go and visit Molly once she is settled, help with her socialisation. Jaz will be only too pleased to help.
Welcome Home Molly xxx
- 2012-09-08 11:18 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- I am so please this girlie has been caught. Good luck Molly xx
- 2012-09-08 00:03 reggiemollieros
- Fantastic news, so pleased to read the update xx
- 2012-09-07 23:33 digbysmum
- Oh brilliant news! Welcome home dear Molly - stay safe now xxx
- 2012-09-07 19:54 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Just seen a message on Labrador Rescue North West:
Just to let you all know that Molly has been caught this evening!! After some stealing swine 'acquired' the original humane trap. A new one was purchased and delivered today. Sam and Ian assembled it with some bait food and she has just been found in it.
Details are still sketchy but many many thanks to everybody who has shown concern, offered help and time for Molly. She is on her way to MKF for lots and lots of TLC.
At last, so glad you have been caught young lady, stay safe now.
- 2012-09-07 11:42 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Come on Molly xx Let people help you to get back to where you belong xx
- 2012-09-06 18:49 Andi
- Tried for a couple of hours, saw Molly but no success - she took off across the field - we will try again tomorrow when she hasn't had anything to eat and see if can tempt her in with food
- 2012-09-06 15:26 Andi
- Just seen your message, will call you now
- 2012-09-05 22:46 Mattie
- andi can you ring me 01257450031
- 2012-09-04 10:07 Mattie
- No more news on Molly she is still missing thank you Andi sorry I didnt know your names the whole area was searched yesterday no sign at all Ive been ringing vets and a humane trap has been checked first thing so keep looking please.
- 2012-09-03 18:08 Andi
- Mattie - if you want the "young lad" you refer to below to come back again and sit quietly on his own waiting for her, he is very happy to do so as he is very concerned about her and would be more than happy to help if you think that would be useful? (He is my son!) He feels that it was probably our dog being there that stopped her going up to him, so he can come on his own if that would help? Let me know if that is something you want to try? Last edited: 2012-09-03 18:10:14 by Andi
- 2012-09-03 16:18 Mattie
- Update is this Sam and I have been looking and trying to get this girl since saturday we live at the rescue the nearest she has been to anyone was the Young lad helping us sunday she seemed to look as if she trusted him then shot off we have since learned Molly had a very bad start in life and her family turned this round but sadly due to ill health they gave her up now it looks like she has regressed back to fear we are doing all we can thank you for all help offered and received we feel on the advice of the warden we wait as the humane trap is in place and food inside we will monitor it she may be resting its been a tough few days for her made worse that whilst we are surrounded with acres of fields there is a busy country road in between we are hoping and praying we get her safe very soon.
- 2012-09-03 15:35 mollymunch
- No sitings of Molly so far today. However, trap now in place and Warden has advised to stop searching for now in case she is laying low.
- 2012-09-03 15:07 mollymunch
- Not received your email as yet Kathryn but maybe you are best contacting Lab Rescue directly as I am in SK7 so will just need to forward it on, thanks anyway. www.Homealabrador.net or phone on numbers advertised on poster.
Food which was left out overnight has been eaten by Molly and as far as I know she is still in the same area as yesterday. Glenys is putting updates on the website under Lost and Found section "Missing from MKF" Last post was first thing this morning stating they were waiting to get the humane trap.
- 2012-09-03 13:30 viking
- hi am new to here just wondered if any news on Molly ??? i live in eccleston
- 2012-09-02 20:46 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- mollymunch, heard about your efforts today, such a shame you didn't manage to get hold of her, poor thing is probably so frightened :(
I am emailing you some scenting instructions on your registered email address, they may help. Molly is running scared and will probably hide away as much as she can. Would it be possible for someone to put some bedding near to the area, somewhere safe and take some food and water at the same time everyday, twice a day? It will help gain her confidence, keep her in the area and stop her from travelling further looking for food.
If you are using a trap do you have enough people to monitor it 24 hours to check no wildlife or cats have been trapped, or even Molly herself?
Have a look at the info I am sending to you, its a bit late to contact you now but I will include my number and if you need any help please do not hesitate to contact me.
Many thanks to Mash and Jaz for helping in the search, its very much appreciate :)
- 2012-09-02 17:43 mollymunch
- Molly seems to be staying close to Lab Rescue in Eccleston mainly in the fields across the road. They will try and catch her tomorrow using a humane trap. Thanks to everyone who has been helping to search today for this scared little girl, hopefully tomorrow we may have some good news.
- 2012-09-02 14:10 Andi
- Heading off out again now to take another look now the shooting has stopped
- 2012-09-02 12:18 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see Molly is missing. All xd for her safe return. Sounds like another dog who may have had a bad experience? Stay safe Molly until you are found.
- 2012-09-02 11:55 Andi
- Just back, had a walk along the lanes and into the fields but as Skippy says, there is a lot of shooting over there this morning, constant gun shot noise, will head out again later on when the noise has settled and take another walk around
- 2012-09-02 11:40 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Shared on the 'Help find badger' facebook page, so several local helpers already looking out....apparently there's shooting in the area this morning, so she may be lying low! Hope it doesn't drive her further afield. :(
- 2012-09-02 11:36 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in PR25,26,4,7. L40. WN6.
- 2012-09-02 11:20 mollymunch
- She was spotted last night near the rescue and again this morning. Still in the area - Eccleston Mawdesley. Please look out for her if you are in that area. Thanks.
- 2012-09-02 10:25 Andi
- Just about to head out now to walk around the area, any news on sightings or which direction she was heading in?