Lost: Black And White Spaniel English Springer Male In South West (EX20)
- Dog ID 42636
- Status Lost
- Registered 01 Sep 2012
- Name KIPPER
- Breed Spaniel English Springer
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black and white
- Tail Half
- Marks & Scars Blue collar, half docked tail...FROM INFORMATION GIVEN THIS DOG HAS BEEN DUMPED ON EXMOOR...CALLER W
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 29 Aug 2012
- Where Lost home. Merton/Petrockstow area, North Devon, near Tarka Trail and Ball Clay Pit.
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area EX20
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Very freindly, would go with anyone. Very fond of pheasants. Blue collar, long fur in need of a clip, floppy black 'fringe'.
- Phone 1 01805 603090
- Phone 2 07967526465
- Reward? £500
- Listed By Laura Twomey
- Views 4140
- See more dogs Lost in EX20
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-03-28 13:56 Laura Twomey
- have put them back.
- 2013-03-28 13:56 Laura Twomey
- have put them back.
- 2013-03-28 13:49 Laura Twomey
- Where have Kippers photos gone???
- 2013-01-19 21:04 4paws
- could this be 47275 found dog?
- 2013-01-03 22:05 Scruffpot
- 47026 ? Dumped nr Cheltenham
- 2012-12-07 17:08 Laura Twomey
- Haven't given up on finding Kipper yet. Received information from an anonymous caller that a dog fitting Kipper's description was seen getting into the back of a red Discovery/Landrover type car at a popular dog walking site on the Somerset side of Exmoor. This was appx four weeks ago. Apparently a middle aged couple were feeding thier own dog treats when Kipper came along. The time scales and location fit with previous info, perhaps this couple think they've done a good deed rescuing a stray - PLEASE TAKE HIM TO THE VET TO BE SCANNED!! And why the anonymous calls?? If you know where my dog is PLEASE tell me. Laura Twomey
- 2012-10-23 17:53 Laura Twomey
- Hi Scooby, thanks for that one, checked it but the dog was reunited the next day. He'll pop up sooner or later! Thank you all for still thinking of dear Kip. Laura xx
- 2012-10-19 15:39 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Found Dog
19 Oct 2012 Springer Spaniel
Location: Axminster EX13
Our Ref: 281942
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-10-15 15:44 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in TA22,23,24.
- 2012-10-14 18:11 Gypsy
- Good luck Laura!! Hope this is definately Kipper and you have him home soon. Like Bazil I wish I could be there to help ypu search but I also live in the North East. Keeping everything crossed for you xx
- 2012-10-14 18:10 SH
- Come on lovely one, make yourself seen so your family can come & get you xxx
- 2012-10-14 17:54 bazil
- Brilliant if this sighting is Kipper, good luck, fingers crossed hope you have your boy home very soon. Wish I lived closer to help look for him, I'm too far away in the North East x
- 2012-10-14 15:55 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Great news, I hope this sighting was Kipper. Please contact Whitehouse kennels, 01934 750352, and St Giles Kennels, 01823 490333 and make sure they have his detils.
I will ask for email alerts to go out to the Minehead area.
- 2012-10-14 12:55 Laura Twomey
- Hi Bazil, thanks, yes did check with Halewood RSPCA and the dog they have is not neutered, so can't be him. Just had a confirmed sighting of Kipper in Minehead area of Somerset going to follow that up, wish me luck! Laura x
- 2012-10-07 18:06 bazil
- I keep looking at the mentioned found dog, I think they are different dogs but best check out to rule out as photos can be so deceiving. Good luck and hope your beautiful Kipper is home soon xx
- 2012-10-05 18:19 Laura Twomey
- Thank you, yes I did spot that one, the pics are very fuzzy, he does look alot like Kipper, but maybe too much black on the side. Have asked admin if they know if he's docked and neutered which Kip is. Laura xx
- 2012-10-04 16:19 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- I don't think its Kipper, but black and white springer found in north west Doglost ID 43621 if you want to have a look just incase xx
- 2012-09-30 13:05 Brian Vaughton
- Kipper's poster is now showing in Musbury and Whitford, both near Axminster. I wish you luck - Brian
- 2012-09-28 11:57 amy
- Hi Laura, if they mean the rescue near instow, Bideford. The only one I can think of is one just outside in Westleigh, its the kennels for Diana Lewis North Devon Animal Ambulance. The man who runs it is called Chris Steer his number is 01271 860376 hope this helps x
- 2012-09-26 23:00 Laura Twomey
- Just had news of two possible sightings, just waiting for a lady to ring tomorrow with details. Not sure how useful this info will be as the sightings were during the 3 or 4 days after he went missing. Will post again tomorrow. Laura xx
- 2012-09-25 09:00 Laura Twomey
- Thank you, haven't tried the shelter at Instow, do you know the name of it? Laura x
- 2012-09-24 21:37 Pops
- will share this link on facebook, have friend who works for RSPCA so she will defo pass word around... theres a dog shelter either in or near Instow.. have you tried there...?
- 2012-09-24 18:41 reggiemollieros
- I have shared on twitter with this link and the photo. I am sorry for the agony you are going through and hope you get good news soon.
- 2012-09-24 13:24 Laura Twomey
- Thanks Leila, will call you later, that would be a huge help. And thank you Terry, will drive over later get posters up in those places. Yes, you're right Owl, it could be some horrid person trying to throw us off the scent. There's an article in coming in this Thursdays North Devon Journal about Kipper with a sad pic of my youngest daughter, so if he is being held, that might help. Thanks again everyone, your support has really kept me going. Laura xx
- 2012-09-24 11:19 Owl
- I think we have to continue looking at all possibilities. Kipper may be loose on Exmoor as described but it's also possible that this may be a red herring and he is still being held.
- 2012-09-24 08:24 spooksnscout
- Laura, You should also poster in Molland - The London Inn and the Molland Tea Rooms (which also acts as an Exmoor Information Centre). Very close to Exmoor, and full of good doggy people. Also the Masons Arms in Knowstone would put a poster up I'm sure (I have recently moved from there or would do it for you). Also, contact all the vets in South Molton. Thinking of you and Kipper. Terry xx
- 2012-09-23 19:18 Leila
- Do you need some help, we are very close to exmoor and know alot of the keepers and could get your details spread around? Call me if you need my help? 01398 331 021
- 2012-09-23 13:07 Laura Twomey
- Thanks Annabelle, will take some posters to those pubs. Such a huge place, so hard to know where to start. Have informed as many vets, dog wardens, tourist spots as I can think of. We think possibly the caller was the wife or girlfriend of a gamekeeper who picked Kipper up. She possibly knows us which is why she won't give her name.She phoned the Animal Search UK call centre quoting his unique ref number, Kipper was possibly caged for three weeks before being put on Exmoor last Wednesday. Just worried that if he's traumatised/weak he may be hiding. If all this is true, and don't have much evidence - then the motive could be that Kipper has in the past got into some pheasant pens and caused a bit of havoc. If he is he is out there, I'm sure he'll turn up soon, thanks again for your help and kind thoguhts. Laura xx
- 2012-09-23 02:02 Annabelle
- Just a thought as Kipper was dumped on Exmoor? My husband and I and 'our dear old Collie' ...recently stayed at Exe Valley Caravan Site, Mill House, BRIDGETOWN, Nr. DULVERTON. This is a lovely dog friendly/dog walking area site, and most of the campers had dogs. The wardens are very helpful and friendly, and would certainly display a poster for Kipper. That W.E. there was some sort of hunt in Bridgetown (we are not supporters) and there were dozens of followers with dogs (many Springers) in cars and land rovers. The pub in the village is called 'The Badgers Holt' frequented by many doggie people. They again I am sure would display a poster. Unfortunately my printer is down at the moment. 'Tarr Steps' another Exmoor pub with many dogs would also display. Do feel for you Laura, and hope you are reunited with Kipper soon.
- 2012-09-22 20:10 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Poster emailed to the Exmoor Moorland Landscape Partnership, I will contact Kipper's owner. Can posters be displayed in all tourist offices.
- 2012-09-22 19:51 Jan
- Have you tried The Blue Cross at Tiverton? They keep a list of lost and found dogs?
- 2012-09-22 19:35 Jayne - Head Office
- Allll EX postcode helpers have been emailed..
- 2012-09-22 19:31 Jayne - Head Office
- Sorry Laura about delay in sending out alerts...please call doglost direct next time and we will do immediately for you.
- 2012-09-21 08:44 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-09-20 21:37 Laura Twomey
- A woman made a call to Animal Search UK yesterday saying that she had heard that a dog fitting Kippers description had been dumped on Exmoor. She refused to give her name or contact details as she was scared of getting into trouble. Very odd, maybe my thorough postering/ads/internet posting have made him too hot to handle. Can you alert helpers in the Exmoor area? Our house is only about 25 from the bottom edge. Thank you everyone. Laura Twomey
- 2012-09-05 17:32 Gypsy
- Sounds like a typical Springer! Will keep sharing. Someone knows where this boy is x
- 2012-09-04 21:11 Laura Twomey
- Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts, still no sign, am thinking someone has him, as we've completely searched our area. He's very friendly and would go with anyone, the most useless guard dog ever! - was often seen asking delivery men for a game of fetch. Laura Twomey xx
- 2012-09-03 23:51 bazil
- Come on Kipper stay safe but be seen xx
- 2012-09-03 17:43 Gypsy
- Any news on Kipper? x
- 2012-09-02 14:13 amy
- Shared poster on my facebook. Let me know if any help is needed i'm ex39. Stay safe little boy and come back soon
- 2012-09-02 09:10 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in EX19,20,21,22,37,38,39.
- 2012-09-02 00:40 bazil
- Hope the gorgeous Kipper is home safe very soon. I will post on my FB page. Stay safe Kipper xx
- 2012-09-01 22:17 Gypsy
- Have shared. Hope this lovely lad is home soon x
- 2012-09-01 14:28
- Sorry to see that KIPPER is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.