Reunited: Black Patterdale X Lucas Terrier Male
- Dog ID 42567
- Status Reunited
- Registered 30 Aug 2012
- Name RUNTY
- Breed Patterdale x Lucas Terrier
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Black
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars Black with white chest
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 25 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Kells wagon road haig pit
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area CA28
- Date Found 03 Sep 2012
- Where Found The coast guard found him, they found him at the bottom of the cliffs at kells
- Found In Region North West
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 03 Sep 2012
- Other Info Approx: 1 years old. White on his chest, docked tail. He was wearing a red collar when he went missing. Please look out for him, if found he should be reported to the Council Dog Warden (which is the LAW)
- Phone 1 07730489998
- Phone 2
- Reward? Yes
- Listed By Dockray
- Views 981
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-09-04 20:36 Jackie
- A starving dog missing for nine days has been reunited with his owner after being rescued from a cliff ledge at St Bees.
Safe at last: Rescuers with Runty after his dramatic rescue from a cliff ledge at St Bees
The 12-month-old black Patterdale terrier was found marooned by thevillage’s lifeboat crew after he was seen by a young man who was fishing near the bottom of Saltom Bay cliffs yesterday afternoon.
Runty, so-called because he was the runt of the litter, had escaped while out on a walk at Kells on August 25.
His owner, MariaDockray, and her family had been frantically searching for him, putting up posters and posting flyers through doors.
Maria’s mum, Angela Groggins, said: “We have been crying and having sleepless nights worrying about him. After nine days we had given up hope he would be found.
“We would like to thank the young man who raised the alarm and everyone who helped rescue him. We are very grateful.”
After being checked by the vet, Runty enjoyed his first meal, half a chicken, in the comfort of his home.
Dick Beddows, St Bees deputy launching authority, said: “St Bees RNLI received a launch request from Liverpool coastguard to assist local coastguards search for a dog which had been spotted. The boat, helmed by Ian Wrigley and crewed by Dale Rickerby and Simon Graham, found the dog marooned on a ledge which coastguards couldn’t reach on foot.
“Subsequently, Dale swam ashore and after a struggle with a very frightened and slightly aggressive dog managed to calm it down before retrieving it in a casualty pouch and bringing it back to the boat.’’
- 2012-09-04 20:35 Jackie
- Just read about Runty's narrow escape on the news...Welcome home Runty you lucky lad, the gods were looking out for you that day...stay safe now..xxx
- 2012-09-04 20:34 Jackie
- 2012-09-04 18:12 AnnieSparky
- So glad to hear Runty is getting better and great to see the news story and picture. The Coastguards and Lifeboat crews are amazing people x
- 2012-09-04 17:49 Jayne - Head Office
- We would love to issue a statement to the press on how helpful the coastguards/lifeboats have been in so many dog related incidents in the past...thats the wonderful thing about the volunteers of lifeboats...they aint covered by health and safety fiascos...they just go out there and save lives...
- 2012-09-04 17:43 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you Jayne, i've let his owner know.
Runty is doing ok, he had all the ticks removed, they gave him injection and his on tablets at the mo. Im sure he will make a speedy recovery :)
I have asked for a reunited pic Last edited: 2012-09-04 17:47:28 by Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- 2012-09-04 17:35 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Link to Runtys story in the News and Star
- 2012-09-04 17:35 Jayne - Head Office
- Have passed on your details and owners to Nik our press officer.
- 2012-09-04 17:00 Jayne - Head Office
- Great stuff...
- 2012-09-04 16:50 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have just had a message to let me know that all the National and Local Papers want to run a story about Runty :)
- 2012-09-04 15:10 Angelmort
- Welcome home Runty! Hope you're feeling 100% real soon. x
- 2012-09-04 11:30 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- What a relief. Welcome home Runty xx Hope you recover well. Stay safe now x
- 2012-09-04 09:46 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Wow - lucky boy Runty! Well done coastguard! :)x
- 2012-09-04 09:24 Meru
- Great news! Welcome home Runty - stay safe and close now little fella and feel better soon xx
- 2012-09-03 19:58 millypod
- Hope Runty feels better soon.x Well done to the coastguard for rescuing Runty.
- 2012-09-03 18:27 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Welcome home Runty. A lucky boy, hope you recover soon from your ordeal. Stay safe now
- 2012-09-03 18:04 AnnieSparky
- Thats great news.....poor little fella, hes had a rough time of it....hope hes ok and well done coast guard and everyone involved x
- 2012-09-03 17:49 lesleyjane
- Wow, lucky dog!! Hope he is ok after his ordeal. xx ps microchip now??
- 2012-09-03 16:12 mathers22
- Welcome home Little Runty so happy for you and your family. Well done to everyone - especially the coast guard xx
- 2012-09-03 16:03 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have just had a message from Runty's owner to say that he's been FOUND :))
The coast guard found him, they found him at the bottom of the cliffs at kells. Well done to them for rescuing Runty :)
His owner is on her way to the vets to get him checked over,he's very thin, got large ticks on him and no claws on his back paws :( - I have asked for them to let me know how he gets on.
Welcome home Runty ((HUGS)), stay safe xx - into the blue you goLast edited: 2012-09-03 16:19:12 by Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- 2012-09-03 11:42 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Runty's owner got a phone call on Wednesdy 29th August by a man walking his dog, saying he had seen a dog very much like Runty at the Wilton area. The dog barked and ran on to the land of Uldale Farm.
Runty's owners also put a missing Ad in a few newspapers.
I have bumped his page
- 2012-09-03 11:06 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you for looking out for Runty jollyloluk, sadly the found on stray action wasn't Runty, it was along shot tho but ANY posible is ALWAYS worth checking.
- 2012-08-31 08:43 jollyloluk
- theres a similar dog on stray action.com , cant see if it has white chest but has red collar on
- 2012-08-30 20:11 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you Jayne x
- 2012-08-30 19:49 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in CA 21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,14.
- 2012-08-30 18:39 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Runty and his mam and dad were being walked by a family member in a field when he went missing, his mam and dad came back when called but Runty didn't.
His owners contact Dog Warden, vets, dogs home, put posters up. They are doing everything they possibly can to find him.
I will update his page and send out info and more advise
- 2012-08-30 17:55 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Photo added. Can Alerts go out please
- 2012-08-30 16:30 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- requested photo