Lost: Blue & Tan Terrier Border Female In North East (DH1)
- Dog ID 42535
- Status Lost
- Registered 29 Aug 2012
- Name MADDIE POSSIBLE SIGHTING
- Breed Terrier Border
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Build Small
- Colour Blue & Tan
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars dark skin on underneath due to skin allergy
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 22 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Shincliffe Village
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area DH1
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info 10 years old. SPAYED, MICROCHIPPED and was wearing a collar with an ID Tag. Maddie is in need of daily medication, she has dark skin on underneath due to skin allergy. Please look out for her, if FOUND she should be reported to the Council Dog Warden (which is the LAW)
- Phone 1 07786 242760
- Phone 2 0191 384 5115
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By Pjefferies
- Views 1752
- See more dogs Lost in DH1
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-11-08 14:12 Pjefferies
- Maddie is still missing, thank you to anyone that has posted or commented on here
- 2012-10-09 09:14 Aud40
- Any any update on Maddie possible sighting,do hope it was her
- 2012-09-26 23:34 Aud40
- Do hope this sighting is Maddie,I have re-posted Maddie on facebook.Come on Maddie time to come home.x x
- 2012-09-25 21:45 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Bumped possible sighting.
Owner has had a report of a dog possibly matching Maddie's description living rough on the Meadowfield Industrial Estate over the past three weeks. Several people have tried to catch this dog and a feeding station has been set up.
Will telephone owner with more advice tomorrow
.everything crossed that this is Maddie
- 2012-09-12 11:33 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks Sue- owner having internet problems at the moment- she is trying to arrange a photo via another family member x
- 2012-09-08 15:07 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I emailed Maddie's owners for a better photo so that I can advertise her but I haven't heard back from them. Owners if you read this please can you forward me a photo asap. Thanks
- 2012-09-05 18:14 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Possible sighting reported to owners today of a sighting of a dog matching Maddie's description , earlier in the week on the sports centre field at Meadowfield.
Owner has been searching the area and putting posters up.
everything crossed that this is Maddie and there will be more news of her soon
- 2012-09-04 00:18 Aud40
- Do hope Maddie is soon found,I will keep re- sharing Maddie poster on Fb pages.Wish we lived nearer so we could help.
- 2012-09-03 15:51 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thank you to the Northern Echo who have agreed to run an appeal in the newspaper about Maddie.
- 2012-09-03 12:52 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thank you Majorjet, Kathy, twoDs and Aud40.
Sadly there is still no news on Maddie.
Owner is scenting and postering and spreading the word.
They have managed to make Maddie very well known in the area, and lots of people are looking out for her.
Really hoping for news of her very soon.
Will add her to the list for an advert in the Countryman's weekly.
If found, she must be reported to the dog warden, as is required by LAW
xxLast edited: 2012-09-03 23:47:27 by minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- 2012-09-01 22:55 Aud40
- Shared on Face-book pages and with friends in the Durham area do hope we have some positive news of Maddie soon .
- 2012-09-01 18:09 twoDs
- Posted on BT World and shread on faceBook,do hope she's home soon.
- 2012-08-31 20:01 Kathy
- Thank you for the amended poster - have printed some off to take around. Hope lovely Maddie is found soon.
- 2012-08-30 20:05 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Kathy for sending an email into Admin re the photo which has been forwarded to myself, great Maggie has now sorted the photo out for you. If you cannot see the change on the page you may have to refresh your browser to view it.
I've updated the details to show up on her DogLost poster. Hope she is back home soon.
Thanks Maggie for doing the photo. :) x
- 2012-08-30 20:05 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks Maggie.
Maddie went missing on a walk near Shincliff garden centre.She is wearing a collar with ID and she is microchipped.
All the relevant authorities have been notified and the owner has been searching and postering the area and postering a huge surrounding area.
Owner has notified many local community groups and tried some scenting in the area.
She is going to aim for a media appeal.
There was a possible sighting reported two days ago on the other side of Durham,around 8 miles away in the Brandon village/ Pithouse New Brancepth area.This sighting was of a dog on it's own.Owner has been over and checked and postered this area.
Everything crossed for news of Maddie,who is in need of her daily medication.
If found,she must be reported to the dog warden,as is required by LAW
- 2012-08-30 19:56 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I changed the pics around - thank you for your help Kathy, greatly appreciated :)
- 2012-08-30 13:48 Kathy
- Have put on Facebook and also advised the President of Border Terrier Welfare. If I can help at all, please let me know. I have printed off the poster to take to my local shops and pet shop, but wonder if you can change the poster. At present, it is a poster within a poster and the photo of Maddie is, because of that, quite small. Is it possible to just have her photo (large) where the inside poster is, and all the info on the bottom as usual? As it is now, you cannot make her out from a distance.
- 2012-08-29 15:29 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in DH1-7.
- 2012-08-29 15:09 bazil
- Hope Maddie is found safe and home soon for her medication x
- 2012-08-29 12:36
- Sorry to see that MADDIE POSSIBLE SIGHTING is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.