Lost: Black And Tan Terrier Cross Female In South West (PL34)
- Dog ID 42511
- Status Lost
- Registered 28 Aug 2012
- Name OBBIE
- Breed Terrier Cross
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Young Adult
- Colour black and tan
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 27 Aug 2012
- Where Lost King Arthur's Castle, Tintagel, Cornwall
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area PL34
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 01268 570422
- Phone 2 07739 631799
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 2165
- See more dogs Lost in PL34
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-01-07 00:08 coralvb
- Please check this Gumtree advert - just to be sure.. http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/recently-found-terrier-looking-for-adoption/1006252237
- 2013-01-02 21:42 Daisy18078
- I know this is a real long shot due to location etc but please take a look at 'Found dog ID 46926'.
- 2012-10-26 08:18 AnnieSparky
- Any news about little Obbie? x
- 2012-09-19 13:59 AnnieSparky
- Thanks Sue.....hope it brings news of little Obbie.
No news as far as I know sadly :(
- 2012-09-19 08:30 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-09-14 20:48 AnnieSparky
- Moogie...thats really good you ringing the coastguard and that they took Obbies details.
Lots of people will know about her now....hope so much she is found safely x
- 2012-09-14 14:07 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Phoned coastguard who said they wouldn't go looking for a dog unless the owners where trying to get to it and it was dangerous. However, he did take the details with contact number which was logged on to the system. He was very helpful.
- 2012-09-13 23:20 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Added details to pirate fm help desk. I'll try to contact coast guard tomorrow. Will let you know. I don't have a fax but will phone or find an email.
- 2012-09-12 06:11 jenny4
- So sorry to hear this , sadly I am too far down the line to help, hope Obbie gets home real soon, its a nightmare time i know but keep faith that she will soon be found .....lots of posters and radio coverage .....Last edited: 2012-09-12 06:11:25 by jenny4
- 2012-09-11 21:31 AnnieSparky
- Trish thats great you have shared Obbies details in Tintagel.....local knowledge could make all the difference. Wish I could do more but am up in Lancashire x
- 2012-09-11 21:09 Trish
- I have spread the word to family and friends in Tintagel. I was there on Sunday, shame I didn't know but just got back from holidayLast edited: 2012-09-11 21:09:59 by Trish
- 2012-09-11 21:09 AnnieSparky
- Hi Moogie, thanks for posting and helping. It is really sad Obbie is still missing.
When I txted owners for update I advised checking posts on here for advice/support or ringing DogLost number. Was hoping they would see the post with coastguard contact details...there is a fax number her poster could be faxed (no email or I would have sent it).
There is a kind lady local to Tintagel who is helping share Obbies poster in the close community and also in the Tintagel Visitors centre. She mentioned how very good the coastguards are there if a dog needs rescuing.
I dont know what area the owners live but they are grateful for any help and advice x Fingers crossed she is found soon x
- 2012-09-11 20:38 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- So sorry to read this. How terrible that the owners have had to return without their dog. Obbie's details have been spread around a few pages on facebook and I have emailed Network Cornwall members (over 3000 members) Have the coasguard been contaced? Hope she's found safe very soon
- 2012-09-07 11:17 AnnieSparky
- Txted owner for update.....sadly Obbie is still missing :(
The kind lady who emailed me from Tintagel has passed Obbies details on to local vets x
- 2012-09-04 13:07 AnnieSparky
- Sorry keep calling Obbie "he" for some reason when I can see shes a little girl.
Is it possible please for the co-ordinator to let owners know about the kind people in Tintagel area looking out for her and maybe ask them to send her details to the coastguard as there are dangerous cliffs near to where she went missing. Apologies if already done :)....I can txt owners if it helps or if I can do anything else from up here in Lancs......feel really sorry for them and Obbie xx
- 2012-09-03 19:50 AnnieSparky
- Any news on Obbie? Did he wander off within the castle ruins?
I had an email reply (after sending poster)today from a lady who works at the Visitor Centre.She will inform all the staff there about Obbie and also has said to pass on to owners that it is a small community there and if Obbie is hopefully found he will be very well cared for. She has Doglost number and Obbies poster. Thankyou so much to this very kind lady x
- 2012-09-02 10:07 AnnieSparky
- Poor Obbie and owners....I think King Arthurs Castle, Tintagel is close to cliffs and rocks?
The coastguard may keep a lookout for him.....though I know they are very busy. They have rescued dogs near there before. Worth ringing or faxing them to see?
Cornwall TR11 4WZ
Telephone: 01326 317575
Fax: 01326 314331
Sorry am not local but will email his poster to few more places nearby I can find on google!
Hope hes found soon x
- 2012-09-01 18:29 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter.
- 2012-09-01 17:53 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Poor Obbie is still missing. She was on holiday with her owners who have now returned home without their beloved dog. If there are any local helpers who could put up posters or email local businesses it would be very helpful.
- 2012-08-29 13:39 AnnieSparky
- Poor Obbie. Is his family on holiday? Any news?
I'm a long way from Tintagel but have sent his poster to a few places in the Tintagel area including Tintagel National Trust and tourist places.I can send to the nearest vets if needed. Hope hes found soon xx
- 2012-08-29 08:22 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in PL29.35.
- 2012-08-28 16:26 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Text sent requesting photo.
- 2012-08-28 15:36
- Sorry to see that OBBIE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.