Lost: Black And Tan Dachshund Miniature Female In North East (HG5)
- Dog ID 42315
- Status Lost
- Registered 21 Aug 2012
- Name ROXIE AND QUEENIE
- Breed Dachshund Miniature
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Adult
- Colour black and tan
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 21 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Knaresborough.
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area HG5
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Queenie and Roxie were STOLEN from their owners property near Knaresborough between 12 and 2pm lunchtime on Tuesday 21st of August when thieves broke into the garden. Queenie requires daily medication to keep her slipped disc under control and without this her walking could be effected and ultimately her back legs could collapse. Have you or someone you know recently bought a miniature dachshund or has a new one appeared in your area ? Please call the numbers below if you have any information .
- Phone 1 07793 393575
- Phone 2 07772 840945
- Reward? SUBSTANTIAL CASH
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 15836
- See more dogs Lost in HG5
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-06-18 22:14 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Roxy and Queenie's poster featured on this programme which can be viewed on Iplayer
Robbed, Raided, Reunited Series 2, Episode 11. really hope it brings some news xxLast edited: 2013-06-18 22:19:33 by minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- 2013-01-26 11:07 Ellaamy
- Roxie and Queenie are still missing. Queenie would now be 7 years of age and Roxie 3 years old.
The girls now have their own Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FindRoxieAndQueenie
- 2012-11-25 16:44 janiejewel1649
- Hope Queenie, and Roxy are found soon. Keep making them "Too hot to handle" All xd.
- 2012-11-25 11:24 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- How hard for Roxie and Queenies owners. All crossed for good news of their girls soon. x
- 2012-11-25 10:47 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Oh no,How sad.
R.I.P Little girl whoever you was, Hope your owners can be found and at least have closure xx Run free sweety x
- 2012-11-25 10:27 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Not long spoken to the RSPCA.
It is with the deepest regret to report that sadly the found Dach passed away. When she was handed into the kennels she was very dehydrated and taken to a local vet and put on a drip. The vet and RSPCA did a brilliant job trying to save her and everyone is totally gutted.
Owners of Queenie and Roxie did got to the RSPCA this morning and have confirmed she was not one of theirs. Well done to them for checking her out we hope one day it will be one of your girls.
Thank you to everyone who has helped and tried to find the found Dach's owners. Especially to Gill who would of given her a brilliant home if had the chance. Also thanks to Gill for contacting the RSPCA this morning I know the news has deeply upset you.
Run free at the Bridge and sweet dreams little one. xxx
- 2012-11-25 10:23 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Roxie and Queenies owner went to see the found Dachshund at Halewood this morning but very sadly the poor little thing had passed away overnight . It wasn't Roxie or Queenie . Rest in peace little girl x x
- 2012-11-24 22:57 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Had an update from Jumanji, Roxie and Queenie's owner are going to go the kennels tomorrow to see the found girl. Fingers crossed for them.
The found Dach is being well looked after by the staff, many thanks to them for alerting us to her. x
- 2012-11-24 21:16 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks skippy RSPCA had already alerted me this afternoon and it was being shared from that post. I've been liasing with them this evening and have sent a photo blown up of Roxie and Queenie. If it is not Roxie and Queenie's owner who has been in touch re their Dach they have the contact details now and will ring them. x
- 2012-11-24 20:54 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Well done Jan - was about to tag you on the post to make sure you saw it - but as always - you're ahead of the game! Didn't realise when I posted that tribalclaire had already posted and alerted owners - well spotted tribalclaire :) Fingers crossed for Roxie and Queenie. x
- 2012-11-24 20:40 bazil
- Fingers crossed x
- 2012-11-24 20:38 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- I've alerted Jumanji to the found Dach. x
- 2012-11-24 20:26 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks skippy, the RSPCA posted the details this afternoon on my fb page, others have started sharing the details, I have just had more info from the RSPCA on the found. I've given them the link to Queenie and Roxie looks like their owner has been in touch with them already. Would be great if it was one of them. x
- 2012-11-24 17:35 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- I have just seen a report on the doglost Northwest facebook page about a female Black and Tan Dachshund in RSPCA Halewood in Liverpool. Wondered if it worth checking out:
Is anyone missing a black and tan female Dachshund in Liverpool?
RSPCA in Halewood have one.
Someone must me missing this little lady!
- 2012-11-24 14:14 tribalclaire
- have just contacted owners as there is a dachshund on facebook fingers crossed its her x
- 2012-10-24 22:22 Ellaamy
- There is the chance that Queenie and Roxie have been split up and sold on seperatly. Therefore if you have been offered a single mini smooth dachshund for sale for a low price or you have any doubt at all as to where they might have come from please get in touch with me on any of the numbers listed above or contact Dog Lost direct. As to the length of time Queenie has gone without her medication we're unsure of what condition her back and legs will be in, however whatever her condition we are desperate to have her back, even if her legs have given way. If you have Queenie or know where she is, please get in touch.
- 2012-10-16 20:08 Ellaamy
- I've just realised my comment re the Fairburn sighting hadn't saved. A lady was located who lives nearby to the M62 who has two BT standard dachshunds and she lets them roam free over the land, they have been known to roam down as far as the motorway before, so it seems as if they were her dogs that were seen.
- 2012-10-16 20:06 Ellaamy
- Hi Visionvalue, no unfortunately they haven't been found, we're still desperately awaiting information. There has been absolutely no new information on them now for weeks. We have been out and about putting up the new posters and although we have had masses of media coverage it's not bringing anything new at the moment. Just praying something comes of the postering.
- 2012-10-13 10:46 visionvalue
- It seems to have gone very quiet about these two little girls have they been found or any new sightings at all? When I looked in the search list for them nothing is coming up. Last edited: 2012-10-13 10:48:44 by visionvalue
- 2012-10-04 23:29 visionvalue
- Has anyone been down to Fairburn/Brotherton area lately?
- 2012-10-04 10:21 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Bumped for more media coversge this week in the following publications
Ripon Gazette & Boroughbridge Herald,
Pateley Bridge and Nidderdale Herald
- 2012-09-26 23:41 Owl
- Also happened to run into the maintenance team who deal with the verges of A1 and other roads round there. Helpful friendly guys, they will keep an eye out while they are travelling around.
- 2012-09-26 23:39 Owl
- Wispa found very fresh scent in Brotherton village today, leading to woods in water company enclosure. Have sent details to Jumanji who has emailed them to owner.
- 2012-09-26 08:08 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- lets hope that all this publicity brings much needed clues to where they are.
- 2012-09-25 11:38 Lankeela
- Hope the publicity brings the news you have been waiting for.
- 2012-09-25 06:47 glynafon
- 2012-09-24 20:51 visionvalue
- Just been reading this on Selby online. Hope it brings some witnesses forward
- 2012-09-24 18:14 Jayne - Head Office
- They have just been on Tyne Tees news...anyone have the link please...
- 2012-09-24 13:45 Lankeela
- Following this story and just waiting for some good news. Hope they are soon back with you.
- 2012-09-24 12:54 visionvalue
- Just bumping this up for owner if she hasnt already contacted any of them
Just putting the contact numbers for the West Yorkshire Dog wardens just in case they have been taken further afield
Bradford dog warden 01274 43 39 27
Leeds dog warden 0845 124 01 13
Calderdale dog warden 01422 39 23 73
Kirklees dog warden 01484 22 68 83
Wakefield dog warden 0845 850 65 06
The more people know the better :)
- 2012-09-23 23:14 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Yes Merlintrude this is a real possibility and I have discussed with ellaamy their owner the need to contact as many kennels and dog wardens as possible.
- 2012-09-23 19:25 Merlintrude
- It may be worth checking with dog wardens ie Selby,Castleford, York, Richmond etc in case the woman has taken them home with her and then contacts her local dog warden ?
- 2012-09-23 16:05 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- She would have been travelling north on the A1- the area is between junctions 41 and 42 of the A1.
- 2012-09-23 14:48 Jayne - Head Office
- Do we know which direction the lady in the red car was travelling?
- 2012-09-23 14:23 mathers22
- Hopefully if she's an animal lover(which looks like she is) she will have taken them somewhere. If I was in that situation I wouldn't leave them on the roadside so hopefully she has done the right thing wherever that may be!! xx
- 2012-09-23 14:19 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- The lorry driver who saw the dogs by the side of the road has been questioned further and we cant be 100% certain that the dogs were actually dumped by the man in the blue corsa or if he has seen them and pulled up beside them and then driven off. But the lorry driver said he saw the driver of the car speed off from the scene amd the two dachshunds were left standing roadside .
Another witness who saw the dogs has said she also saw a woman who was wearing a long black coat with a red car who had stopped and was trying to coax the dogs to her. By the time the witness had driven past, turned round and gone back both the lady in the red car and the dogs had vanished.
We need to find this lady with the red car to ind out what happened in the time our witness was turning round.
- 2012-09-23 14:10 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thanks Jytte !
- 2012-09-23 12:26 mathers22
- Having said that - better if they hadn't stolen them in the first place - morons!!
- 2012-09-23 12:25 mathers22
- Absolute scum bags people who dump dogs they could have at least tied them up safely and made a phone call. Can't print what I would do. Hope they are soon found safely you are all doing brilliantly xx
- 2012-09-23 10:42 Jytte
- I have just spoken to a lady at Ponderosa rescue kennels, Allerton Bywater, which is very close to the area these two might be. Gave her the two mobile Nos, in case they found, or anyone turns up with these dogs. The kennels are not far away at all. 01977 552303 and 01977 516713
- 2012-09-23 07:30 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Oh I do hope they're found safe and sound....how scary to know they are on a motorway...Good Luck....
- 2012-09-23 00:50 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- BUmped as i have received an email from Roxie and Queenies owner with further information about the sighting on Tuesday of the dachshunds being dumped which is as follows ......
The Highways Agency have just phoned me....Queenie and Roxie were dumped by a man who was driving a blue Golf. They were thrown from the vehicle at between 9:37 and 9:41 on Tuesday morning!! The man who phoned it in had continued his journey and phoned in when her arrived at his destination 25 minutes later,that's where he'd got (we think) slightly confused with the motorways as the M62 and A1 cross in that area. The second call at 9:41, was the vet nurse who I've spoken to saying the two dachshunds were on the motorway embankment between junctions 40 and 41 running southbound. There was another call a few minutes later saying the dogs were running loose near Junction 42 heading in the Selby direction. The highways agency have confirmed however that to date they have not found any bodys of dogs on the motorway in that area and Network rail got back to me saying they hadn't either. Just hoping that someone has managed to catch them or that if not they're still running around somewhere. I'm heading back down there now.
We really do need LOTS posters up in all surrounding areas to where the dogs were seen to be dumped and if anyone is able to help with searching for them it would VERY much appreciated !!!!
- 2012-09-22 23:12 visionvalue
- Is their any more on these two girls? Has anyone been down to Fairburn area these past two days?
- 2012-09-20 21:39 Lankeela
- Saw their poster and details at Driffield show today. Nearly ran off the road coming home trying to look in the fields! Stay positive, you are getting nearer.
- 2012-09-20 15:57 BettySwallops
- Rang Yorkshire Radio asked them for a mention. Stay positive x
- 2012-09-20 15:01 visionvalue
- Have just been on the phone to the Dam Vets in Selby and also Holmfield Vets in Brayton selby and informed them of Roxie and Queenie so they have put them in their Lost Found book if they get taken in there :)
- 2012-09-20 13:33 Gypsy
- Keep checking in hoping for good news. These poor girls must be so scared and their owners must be going through a nightmare! Wish I was closer so I could help search...will keep circulating these girls online and hoping for a happy ending soon. Good luck xx
- 2012-09-20 13:21 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in WF7,89,10,11. DN14. YO8. LS25.
- 2012-09-20 12:14 visionvalue
- Just putting the contact numbers for the West Yorkshire Dog wardens just in case they have been taken further afield
Bradford dog warden 01274 43 39 27
Leeds dog warden 0845 124 01 13
Calderdale dog warden 01422 39 23 73
Kirklees dog warden 01484 22 68 83
Wakefield dog warden 0845 850 65 06
The more people know the better :)
- 2012-09-19 22:17 Owl
- Thanks, but we should be back on wheels by the end of tomorrow. Another sighting was reported prior to the one near J42. The dogs were seen earlier near the M62 intersection so must have then headed north to J42 area.
- 2012-09-19 20:27 rottie
- Wish i was closer owl would come and pick you up,i am derby area,is anyone else available to help with transport for you on dogs lost i wonder. Off work saturday would happily help with transport then if you still without a car.You and your dog do a brilliant job for these lost boys and girls. Xx
- 2012-09-19 17:39 Owl
- Couldn't get back today as starter motor has died, off road tomorrow as well.
- 2012-09-19 12:50 Dachlady
- I really wish I was nearer to help look...I'm down south but have been following and posting on FB for my friends in the north to keep a look out. Praying that you find them today xx
- 2012-09-19 12:10 visionvalue
- Have put a request on the RSPB community site for anyone going to Fairburn Ings to get in touch with reserve or the number on the poster if they see them. Let's hope today they are found.
- 2012-09-19 11:55 Lankeela
- I'm at Driffield Show at Wetherby racecourse tomorrow, if any sightings could come and help search later in the day.
- 2012-09-19 11:03 Ellaamy
- British Transport Police, Network Rail and Highways Agency all informed. No reported sightings or bodies found (thank goodness), but they will contact us if any sightings.
- 2012-09-18 23:40 Owl
- Picked up the trail from verge of A1 northbound near Fairburn, took us a while to a get a clear way forward as the missing dogs had been wandering about here and there in a confused state, but then they took off and crossed the A1246 on to the relative safety of the Fairburn RSPB reserve. We got a nice fresh trail through the reserve and down to the river, then headed east to follow the river bank right under the A1 and eventually end in Brotherton village. Not sure whether they went on from there or went back to the river bank, will continue tomorrow. I don't think it was as far as 5 miles, it just felt like that! Probably more like 3. Wispa had taken the scent from their blanket to get their trail, so I reckon it's them. There is a lot of cover on the bird reserve and along the river bank, so the fact that they haven't been seen doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't there.
- 2012-09-18 23:17 Aud40
- I have put Roxie and Queenie on Fb again do hope the dogs seen are them,wish I was able to come and help.good luck tomorrow.x x x
- 2012-09-18 22:36 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- still circulating on twitter.
- 2012-09-18 22:27 Ellaamy
- Thank you so much Owl, Minigirl and Jumanji for all your fantastic expertise and support today. xxx
- 2012-09-18 22:25 Ellaamy
- We have walked for miles today across farmland and down the side of the motorway and can not see anything. In a way that's good because we haven't found them dead. The tracker dog picked up a really good scent which we followed for about 5 miles which came to a complete stop when we got to a garage just outside a village.
The more and more I think about it I'm getting surer that they were probably picked up at the side of the A1 this morning. To my knowledge 3 cars stopped and were trying to catch them, one rang a local vets who called us. We're heading out again first thing in the morning to start all over again.
Please keep looking out for them in case they have been picked up and somebody has them.
- 2012-09-18 20:58 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Sadly the dogs weren't found today but Owl who went to help search is going to update on how the search went .
- 2012-09-18 20:35 Lankeela
- Any news on these two?Last edited: 2012-09-18 20:36:40 by Lankeela
- 2012-09-18 19:55 visionvalue
- Any further news on these little ones?
- 2012-09-18 15:13 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thanks visionvalue !
I Have contacted Fairburn Ings now and also contacted Selby Dog Warden and told him about the sighting.
- 2012-09-18 15:04 visionvalue
- Hope these two are found soon. It might be worth popping into Fairburn Ings and asking them to be on the look out for them also.
- 2012-09-18 14:32 Shereen
- Oh my Goodness Good Luck everyone! Fingers and Paws crossed here in Oxfordshire.Xxx
- 2012-09-18 13:31 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thanks Lankeela ! I Have just had a text from minigirl who also says the nearest place to the sightings is Fairburn x
- 2012-09-18 13:24 Lankeela
- This is in the Fairburn (Selby) area. Do so hope that this is them and they are safe.
- 2012-09-18 12:53 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thanks Owl and good luck everyone !l
- 2012-09-18 12:48 Owl
- We will be on our way there shortly but it's well over an hour from us.
- 2012-09-18 12:46 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thanks RIverlady !
Co ordinator minigirl has gone out to help and is just meeting Amy their owner. She Is going to give me more precise details for the area of the sighting ASAP.
- 2012-09-18 11:40 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- have adjusted tweet and circulating....any placenames?
- 2012-09-18 11:14 Jan.Petsearchuk
- I do so hope it's them.....what a nightmare. Good Luck....everything crossed here for a happy reunion.
- 2012-09-18 10:50 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- SIGHTING of 2 Daschunds running loose in a field next to Junction 42 of the A1.
Owner on her way but is 40 minutes away . If anyone is local to this their help would be greatly appreciated !
- 2012-09-16 21:26 Aud40
- So sorry to hear of Roxie and Queenie being stolen,have you thought of going to the TV stations such as, look north,your area local press they have helped with others that have been lost the more that they are publicised the better.I have posted on my FB page also Dog Stolen/lost on FB,friends and family living in Barnsley area and will contact my local vets tomorrow.the more people that are aware of the girls being stolen the better
- 2012-09-16 19:07 lizzy
- I wonder if any of the national newspapers would carry the story given that the the police has released a statement. Hope you are reunited very soon, will keep looking for you.
- 2012-09-16 18:29 Ellaamy
- Thank you Bazil and Riverlady xx
- 2012-09-16 18:28 Ellaamy
- Here is the latest press statement from the Police.
Police seek new leads in search for stolen dogs
Knaresborough police are making a fresh appeal for information following the theft of two pedigree Miniature Dachshunds.
They were stolen from a house between Plompton Woods and Spofforth off the A661, between 11.45am and 2.10pm on Tuesday 21 August 2012.
They are both girls, Roxie aged two and Queenie aged six. They both have smooth, black and tan fur.
Queenie's owners are particularly concerned for her welfare as she suffers from a severe slipped disc which needs daily medication to help contain the condition. Without this medication her back legs could collapse and the medication will now be out of her system.
PC Cheryl Power, of Knaresborough Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "The theft of these much loved family pets has had a devastating effect on the owners, who are desperate to get them back. They want their dogs back regardless of whatever condition they may be in, especially due to Queenie's illness.
"I urge whoever has the dogs to give them back or leave them somewhere where they can be found and returned safely to their owners."
PC Power added: "If you saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area at the time, please contact the police or Crimestoppers as soon as possible.
"I am particularly keen to speak to anyone who was on the A661, the main Harrogate to Wetherby road, and might have seen the dogs been taken across the main road in a black cage style basket which was also stolen."
The blue Mercedes Vito van which officers previously appealed for, has now been traced and ruled out of the enquiry.
Anyone who can help to reunite the Dachshunds with their owners is asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for Cheryl Power. Alternatively information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 2012-09-16 18:25 Ellaamy
- Hi Lizzy, thank you for your post. I've looked at the photograph and it's not Roxie or Queenie. I joined lost your pet and asked for a better picture to be sent to my email account as it looks very much like Queenie, but as the photo is quite dark I wasn't sure. They have not responded but after looking again I'm sure it's not.
I've just checked both phones are working, it's the 2nd one on Orange doesn't get good reception at home. Fingers crossed the next one will be :-)
- 2012-09-16 15:50 lizzy
- Owner can you please check photo on lost your pet (click the uk flag) Female duchshund found on 11/09/12. Tried to phone owner but first number no longer available and unable to get through to 2nd number listed.
- 2012-09-16 11:28 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-09-16 01:07 bazil
- Hoping these two beauties are home safe very soon x
- 2012-09-15 12:15 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in DN1-22 POSTCODES.
- 2012-09-12 18:41 Ellaamy
- Hi scootjockey, glad the posters are still up. I wasn't sure if the motorway services would keep them up. Fingers crossed we've got a couple of sightings.Thanks Jayne and Jumanji for keeping the updates coming xx
- 2012-09-12 10:03 Jayne - Head Office
- two possibile sightings....one phoned in to HQ form a lady who saw the poster in her local vets and saw a man last week with 2 daxies that she had not seen before in a place called Callander FK17.Scotlad.
Another sighting locally of a Daxie in Broad acre estate, Harrogate also a blue van with ladders was parked nearby...as indeed was when they went missing...also another possible sighting was at Bilton which is not that far away from the estate.
- 2012-09-11 07:07 Jayne - Head Office
- Featured in todays Yorkshire post.
- 2012-09-08 14:39 Gypsy
- I'm really surprised that with all the media coverage these girls have still not been recovered. Will keep sharing and cross-posting. Hope Roxie and Queenie are home soon - you are doing an amazing job!! xx
- 2012-09-08 13:42 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Bumped due to further and extensive media coverage . Well done to owners ! You are working so hard to find your lovely girls and I hope there will be news of them very soon xxx
Roxie and Queenie are in this weeks .....,.
Ripon Gazette & Boroughbridge Herald,
Pateley Bridge and Nidderdale Herald
Roxie and Queenie were also featured in yesterday's York Press on Page 7, also their web link is:
- 2012-09-07 22:51 scootjockey
- Hi I saw your poster on the services m62/m18 sevices. Im so sorry they are still missing, have you any leads at all. Stolen Tays mum xxx
- 2012-08-25 09:43 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thankyou for putting on the links for all the media coverage Majorjet xxx
- 2012-08-25 00:28 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- WOW great getting all this media coverage. Hope we see them back home where they belong soon. Good luck. x
- 2012-08-25 00:27 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
NORTH YORKSHIRE POLICE
- 2012-08-25 00:24 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- 2012-08-25 00:19 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
Published on Wednesday 22 August 2012 12:30
Heartless thieves have stolen two beloved miniature dachshunds and police are appealing for information to help being them home.
Roxie and Queenie, pedigree dachshunds aged two and six, were stolen from a house between Plompton Woods and Spofforth at around midday on Tuesday.
Queenie has been suffering from a severe slipped disc and needs daily medication - without this her back legs could collapse.
Sgt Matt Hagen, of Knaresborough Police, said: “Roxie and Queenie’s owners are absolutely distraught at the loss of their beloved pets.
“We would particularly like to speak to the occupants of a Mercedes Vito panel van which was parked near to the owner’s home as they could have vital information which could help our investigation.”
Police say the thieves struck at the house off the A661 between 11.45am and 2.10pm on Tuesday.
Anyone who knows anything about the thefts or knows the whereabouts of the two dogs is asked to call police urgently on 101, select option 1 and ask for Cheryl Power. Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be called anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 2012-08-25 00:04 Gypsy
- Queenie and Roxie's owners look like they are doing a fantasic job! Hope these girls are safe and home soon x
- 2012-08-24 22:18 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- BUMPED as Queenie and Roxie owners have managed to get media coverage for them in this weeks HARROGATE ADVERTISER, WETHERBY NEWS, RIPON GAZZETTE and YORK PRESS.
They are also featured on NORTH YORKSHIRE POLICE WEBSITE and YORK PRESS WEBSITE !
Hopefully they will be found soon ! X
- 2012-08-24 21:05 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- There is no firm news of Queenie and Roxie yet. Concern is growing now for Queenie as she has missed several days medication for her slipped disc now and her condition may have worsened.
- 2012-08-22 16:50 Jayne - Head Office
- The Police have been informed amd a crime number has been issued for this theft.
- 2012-08-22 16:48 Jayne - Head Office
- Excellent news. The van has been located and it belongs to a workman on genuine business who pulled over to take a phone call.
- 2012-08-22 14:33 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
Roxy and Queenie featured on ITV Calendar news
Thank you Calendar and hope this brings news of them
- 2012-08-22 10:27 allie08
- Oh no how awful, one of mine had a slipped disc, i know how worrying it must be for you and how awful for the 2 of them to be missing, hope they're back home soon x
- 2012-08-22 09:05 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in HG1-5. YO26,51,61.
- 2012-08-21 22:48 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Roxie and Queenie were stolen between 12 and 2 pm today when the thieves broke down a gate to steal them. It is thought that a blue van with an Irish number plate and blacked out side and back windows may have been involved with the theft and the police are assisting the owners.
I have advised the owners that they should still inform the dog warden and check with the Stray kennels.
There is particular concern for Queenie as she is receiving medication for a slipped disc. Without the medication her condition may return and can result in her back legs collapsing .
Please look out for Roxie and Queenie !
- 2012-08-21 21:45 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Text sent to owners
- 2012-08-21 17:54
- Sorry to see that ROXIE AND QUEENIE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.