- Dog ID
- Registered 01 Jan 1970
- Marks & Scars
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost
- Where Lost
- Lost In Region
- Lost In Post Area
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1
- Phone 2
- Listed By
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-09-17 19:42 lost and found spaniels
- Strayaid got few luchers in would emagin been checked, one like this it's up for rehoming now must have been in few days , stray aid Last edited: 2012-09-17 19:42:58 by lost and found spaniels
- 2012-09-12 19:14 twinks
- sadly it wasnt bailey, xx
- 2012-09-12 14:01 twinks
- HE WALKED PAST THE NORTHERN GRID AT PENSHAW AT 13:20 ISH
WAS SEEN BY FEW PPLE
- 2012-09-12 14:01 twinks
- is anyone in area of penshaw to help bailey been spotted owner is on way but doesnt know area or can any twitter it please he been seen around 1ish please help, i live too far away to help
- 2012-09-12 10:39 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-09-11 07:29 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Bumped for possible sighting yesterday x
- 2012-09-11 07:05 herkysmama
- Bazil, We are in your debt. Dog seen at Stadium of Light then in Southwick yesterday am. Please ask Tracey for more details or pm me on FB. Last edited: 2012-09-19 13:37:58 by herkysmama
- 2012-09-11 06:47 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thank you so much bazil and twinks- your local knowledge is invaluable. have alerted owners to check your messages.
Really hoping for more news of Bailey very soon.
- 2012-09-10 18:54 twinks
- this is kennels Bazil talking about......Tarril Boarding Kennels & Cattery, Ferry Boat Lane, North Hylton, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, SR5 3HL
Telephone: (0191) 549 5108 24 Hour Fax: (0191) 516 9162 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2012-09-10 13:02 bazil
- I am no expert but I have been listing all of Bailey's sightings/possible sightings and I think he is now trying to get home. If this is right he will be travelling from Forfield Road back up towards Townend Farm and Renfrew road. I know he has to cross the river and he might do this near the busy A19 roundabout rather than travel East/South again away from home area.
If he had a good feed on Sat he may have the energy to do this, although there is a possibility he may stay in the Fordfield area for more food. I also think the Boarding Kennels on Ferryboat Lane may attract him, smell and dogs barking.
Good luck, I am hoping to find some time to come down and help look for him, just a bit busy at the moment. Stay safe Bailey xLast edited: 2012-09-10 13:11:45 by bazil
- 2012-09-10 10:39 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks terrierlady
Taken from Bailey's facebook page- possible sighting on saturday on
" After the school (Highfield or sth?) but on the same side (north) there is some green. The lady in a house opposite feeds seagulls there each day. Lurcher fitting description was eating the seagull food. It looked very thin and starving so she gave him lots of cat food. He ran off but went back and ate it when she had returned to the house. He would not go near her. We left dog food and a bowl of water and the lady left pies but they were untouched half an hour ago."
- 2012-09-08 19:25 terrierlady
- Stanhope show Sunday 9th September - there is a terrier and lurcher show around midday which is always well attended by lurcher people from all over the North East - if you have leaflets hand them out - may jog someones memory.
- 2012-09-08 11:41 bazil
- Any news x
- 2012-09-07 10:53 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks twinks x
Taken from Bailey's facebook page-
A dog that might fit description running round Backhouse Park NOW near Vilette Road (wherever the hell that is). On our way. Someone please Tweet this!! It's covered in mud apparently heading towards Valette Road (sp?) x
- 2012-09-05 08:09 twinks
- some1 commented on post i put on fb for bailey & said they think it could be him they saw in southwick area y/day ive sent the messages to Baileys fb page, hope it him, also i was asked is bailey wearing collar that he has on in picture? xx
- 2012-09-03 15:45 bazil
- Any idea what time the sighting was in the graveyard yesterday? Stay safe Bailey x
- 2012-09-03 11:39 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- possible sighting on Saturday- taken from bailey's facebook page:-
Gentleman called just after 4pm saying there was a dark haired woman with a push chair and a dog exactly like Bailey on a lead walking down North Hylton Road past Wearview Estate in the direction of Southwick.
- 2012-09-03 11:38 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Update copied from Bailey's facebook page.
owners still searching, postering and scenting the area,
'We've been out shoving leaflets at people again. Met a girl who told us she stroked Bailey in Castle Town graveyard yesterday. (Luca had a pee in that graveyard a couple of days ago while we were out putting posters up - wonder if he found it?)
If she's right, we might now know the "triangle" Louise from doglost told us lost dogs tend to follow:
Castle Town graveyard, Bayswater Avenue in Townend Farm and The Ash Path in Redhouse.
All the sightings have been within those areas (except the old man's who called today about Push Chair Woman). Not sure what's a worse thought - somebody else taking him before we find him or him out there alone with all those busy roads. Having said that, the dog we all thought had zero road sense seems to have managed so far. Touch wood.'
- 2012-08-31 18:25 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Copied from Bailey's facebook page
URGENT BAILEY UPDATE:
Seven different people have seen a dog they swear is Bailey running around Town End Farm, Sunderland TODAY - thin but alive!
This is near the A19 and Hylton Castle - about two miles from our home. If you know anyone in that area, please ask them to keep a look out. 0191 500 6105 or @findbailey or here if you see anything!!
- 2012-08-30 19:29 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- thank you riverlady x
- 2012-08-30 17:34 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-08-29 10:53 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Two possible sightings of him yesterday.
Have spoken with owners and emailed scenting information.
Everything crossed for more news of Bailey today
- 2012-08-29 09:23 herkysmama
- Hi. We're going round Redhouse estate with posters now! Thanks so much. Have asked caller to call back as she said dog had "bushy tail" which Bailey does not have, but the sighting sounded positive enough for us to try. Plus it's the first time anyone has seen any dog resembling him. Please call back to confirm tail description and/or with any more info, caller and THANK YOU!
- 2012-08-29 07:30 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Message left for Bailey's owners x
The possible sighting was around 2pmLast edited: 2012-08-29 07:44:29 by minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- 2012-08-29 07:27 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks Sue.
Thank you very much Christina180- what time was the possible sighting?
Wil alert owners x
- 2012-08-28 23:39 Christina180
- I'm sure I spotted this dog today in Redhouse. He walked into the Redhouse Pharmacy before running off up Renfrew Road.
- 2012-08-25 17:00 bazil
- Just put info up about Jimmy on strayaid but other comments posted before mine....hope Bailey is found safe soon xLast edited: 2012-08-25 17:14:50 by bazil
- 2012-08-25 16:56 herkysmama
- We just heard that fourteen Jack Russels have been stolen in our local village (Boldon).... Not sure if it's true or not but it points in a particular direction if it is.
- 2012-08-25 16:54 herkysmama
- Witchy-poos: Thanks for message. Checked Jimmy out on Stray Aid. Not him, sadly but thanks so much. A
- 2012-08-24 22:54 Witchy-poos
- Have you seen the boy in Stray Aid? Jimmy on the homing side. Not sure how long he's been in. xx
- 2012-08-24 19:22 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Have added Bailey to the list for an advert in the Countryman's Weekly
- 2012-08-22 17:08 herkysmama
- jollyloluk - Thanks so much. Have checked stray action - not him.
LoopyLurcher - Thank you. We have contacted everyone you mentioned and set up a Facebook page for Bailey. http://www.facebook.com/lostlurcher
Jumanji - Thanks for the call. My husband left you a message last night I believe.
Jayne - thank you very much for your help.
- 2012-08-21 14:28 jollyloluk
- lurcher on strayaction.com , under strays based in durham
- 2012-08-21 13:49 LoopyLurcher
- Hoping Bailey is found safe & soon. Have you contacted all the rescues, dog wardens, vets + traveller liaison officers with a poster?
- 2012-08-20 20:27 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Message left on owners landline for an update and offering advice.
- 2012-08-19 19:31 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in NE 34,35,36,37,38. SR4,5,6.