Reunited: Black And White Terrier Boston Male
- Dog ID 42227
- Status Reunited
- Registered 18 Aug 2012
- Name BEAU
- Breed Terrier Boston
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Black and White
- Marks & Scars Very distinctive dog, white stripe between eyes
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 17 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Greenwich.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area SE10
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 20 Aug 2012
- Other Info He was last seen in the Norman Road area Greenwich/Deptford area. Very distinctive dog, white stripe between eyes.4 years old
- Phone 1 07827 015733
- Phone 2 07768935950
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 2171
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-08-20 18:01 janiejewel1649
- This is great news. Welcome homne handsome. Stay safe now Beauxxx
- 2012-08-20 17:05 Woods
- What a relief!!! I'm new to dog ownership (dog is 1yr).... Could I ask how Beau got away just in case there's something we need to improve on? X
- 2012-08-20 16:49 millypod
- Brilliant news well done Team Beau and to the honest man that handed Beau in at the PDSA. Stay safe now Beau.x
- 2012-08-20 16:04 Winchy
- fabulous news will tweet to all and dog groups i posted to on fb he is home :)
- 2012-08-20 15:09 tinkerwolf
- Brilliant, brilliant news! I'll pull the posters down as I go past them.
Once you've got over the whole experience please get him microchipped or tattooed :-)
- 2012-08-20 14:56 Kim
- Good News, Beau is back my partner went to all the vets within a 3 mile radius of us and left posters in each. I received a phone call around 2pm from the PDSA in New Cross and some gentleman had handed him in. He is now safe and sound back home on the Sofa snoring like hes never been away. We would like to thank everyone for there suggestions and superb support, I cannot convey our grattitude enough. Thank you all so much xxxxxx
- 2012-08-20 11:53 BettySwallops
- I live in Brockley high Road and will put some posters up tonight. It's near Deptford so he may have wandered up there. I'll also share on facebook. Let me know if I can do anything else I will add posters to Hilly Fields.
- 2012-08-20 10:44 tinkerwolf
- Pretty much every dog walker that I know that I saw in Blackheath this morning mentioned it to me before I said anything so the dog walkers in Blackheath know, the posters are really powerful.
I'd get him posted on any boston terrier facebook pages and forums now (I've just looked and there are several groups on facebook, and there's bostonterrierforums.com I know some will be national or even international but I think you need to spread the word across the UK just in case, it certainly can't hurt). If someone has taken him further afield breed enthusiasts are a good start point I think.
Whilst your partner is out maybe he could drop into the two Pets at Home that are local too?
Please let me know if I can do anything else.
- 2012-08-20 10:17 Kim
- I forgot to say up until Friday we actually owned 2 Bostons a Girl and Beau whilst we were out in the park and on the heath we were approached by people who had seen the posters and asked if Lola was the Lost Dog they do look very similar apart from he is a lot stockier than Lola, but he is still missing
- 2012-08-20 10:12 Kim
- Thanks for all of your help, Beau is still missing we have put aproximately 150 posters up in Greenwich, Deptford, a few around Lewisham. My partner has twittered him and he is also on face book, local dog warden contacted, & police & battersea. plus I have also rang animal rescue centres as far as North London just in case. My partner is also visiting all the local vets in the area to leave a poster of him with them. To date I have had one text from someone who may have seen him on Friday night on our street which is presumably before he ran off. I hadnt thought about a poster at London Bridge so Will do that, thanks. Posters are all around Greenwich station and I have even given a couple of posters to cabbies who are allways working areound the area...
- 2012-08-19 23:48 Woods
- Hi, just seen this on my fb... Can put some posters up in Avery Hill park tomorrow...hope he's foundLast edited: 2012-08-19 23:48:50 by Woods
- 2012-08-19 11:50 Abbalish
- Report made at Battersea, ref 293906
- 2012-08-19 08:52 tinkerwolf
- I've put more up on the Heath (everyone going to the farmer's market today will see at least one of them I'm sure) and a few in Greenwich Park (on the side which has the rose garden). The dog walkers that I spoke to recognised him so if he's in the area still he's going to get reported.
Greenwich Park office opens Monday, I really recommend someone calls them, probably better the owner? The park is partially open so a good search could be done all over, we went over a lot of the area by the rose garden but didn't see anything, we also went over most of the heath.
Could someone put some posters up in Greenwich Station? Also is it worth putting them up at London Bridge Station/any other major stations that Greenwich feeds on teh off chance someone took him through?
Let me know if I can do anything else.
- 2012-08-18 22:51 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter.
- 2012-08-18 20:42 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx TW...you are a star...Boston terriers are so distinctive...I am sure your posters will get a result...
- 2012-08-18 20:23 tinkerwolf
- I posted on some facebook pages of people who live in Blackheath/Greenwich and someone mentioned he'd been seen. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
I'll poster more of the Heath when I walk it tomorrow early (and the farmer's market which is still on the heath). Also can you tell me if you've let Greenwich Park know? If not I can drop a poster in (assuming I can attract someone's attention) tomorrow morning as we walk not far from there, there must be a chance he's gone there is that's where he's used to being walked. Hopefully it will be a wasted effort as you will have found him.
If he's still in Blackheath/Greenwich we're going to find him because the dog walkers here are so close knit :-)
If someone has picked him up then you need to make him too hot to handle/get his photo out everywhere you can so that if he's spotted he's reported. Get on facebook/twitter and share, get help from anyone you know and be cheeky and ask for help from breed specific pages etc.
Let me know if I can help search wise, but I will need pointing in the right direction to make any search useful.
Stay safe little Beau x
- 2012-08-18 16:19 Kim
- Hi TW,
We live down on straightsmouth near greenwich station, since the park has been closed we have been walking both dogs on blackheath. However he was last seen last night at 10.30 running down straightsmouth towards the train station / deptford creek area. Distraught, worrying that someone may have picked him up and jumped straight on the train to essex/kent or london bridge.
- 2012-08-18 15:38 tinkerwolf
- Right, well I've put up some posters in Blackheath Village (on the Heath and in the village, it's very busy at the moment so lots of people will see). I can't see him going from where he was lost to Blackheath but lots of dog walkers do walk from Blackheath to Greenwich and vice versa so they will hopefully keep an eye out.
I assume he would usually have been walked in Greenwich Park but that is currently closed due to the Olympics, has anyone got in touch with the Park to look for him if he usually went there?Last edited: 2012-08-18 15:39:50 by tinkerwolf
- 2012-08-18 15:08 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Tinkerwolf...he went missing near Greenwich station.
- 2012-08-18 14:52 tinkerwolf
- I've got some posters ready to put up in Blackheath (will take a few to the farmer's market tomorrow too if he's not found by then). Where did he go missing in Greenwich, where does he usually go?
- 2012-08-18 14:02 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in postcodes SE3,4,7,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16,18. E1,14,16.