Lost: Liver And White, Spaniel English Springer Female In East Anglia (PE22)
- Dog ID 42165
- Status Lost
- Registered 16 Aug 2012
- Name CHLOE
- Breed Spaniel English Springer
- Gender Female
- Age Elderly
- Build Medium
- Colour Liver and White,
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Mainly white, freckles on nose wearing red neckerchief
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 15 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Mareham Le Fen area Lincolnshire.
- Lost In Region East Anglia
- Lost In Post Area PE22
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info THis dog is 17 years old and deaf and not used to being out alone Wearing red neckerchief. Wandered off when door was accidently left open.
- Phone 1 07508901760
- Phone 2 07944306796
- Listed By Cynthia
- Views 4098
- Followers 1
- See more dogs Lost in PE22
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-12-05 08:58 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Nothung at all I'm afraid. Really hope someone took her in and that she is safe and warm.
- 2012-12-04 14:15 Christine Williams
- Shared on facebook/twitter & the facebook Deaf Dog Network page. Any updates please
- 2012-11-12 11:59 ninja
- The dog on the ELDC website was checked but sadly it isnt Chloe
- 2012-11-10 23:18 Scruffpot
Dog Reference: EHDS/22798/12
Location Found: Coningsby
Dog Description:Elderley female springer spaniel
Looks like her to me in the photograph. It's still there on their website and not a million miles from Mareham le Fen. Hope the owner keep coming back here to check.Last edited: 2012-11-10 23:21:28 by Scruffpot
- 2012-10-28 00:37 Fluffylegs
- any followup info, so sorry Chloe has not been found, poor girlie. 2 months now.keep checking on here hopefully.
- 2012-10-27 12:57 cynthia
- jollyloluk do you have a link for the similar dog please as can't seem to find it x
- 2012-10-12 22:04 jollyloluk
- similar dog on rspca lincs website
- 2012-10-07 18:18 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- If still missing please put on the list for a CMW advert
- 2012-09-28 22:58 ninja
- I have sent an email with another picture of this girl, fingers crossed i have done it right!
- 2012-09-27 22:26 Owl
- Similar markings but not Chloe alas. The found dog does have a rescue place if not claimed.
- 2012-09-26 21:05 Owl
- Have spoken with owner who has seen the photo. She has spoken with the dog warden describing distinguishing marks, and the dog does sound like Chloe. We will know either way tomorrow.
- 2012-09-26 18:30 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Have informed owners of a possible match that Glynafon spotted on e-lindsey web site.
- 2012-09-18 11:51 Fluffylegs
- sorry not to see any more news about poor Chloe....so sad that time is passing and nights getting colder..Please be safe Chloe x
- 2012-09-09 20:57 Owl
- We were out there again yesterday, and got some fairly fresh scent leading on to the Carrington estate, through fields and to some farm buildings where there was lots of scent. Then it led back northwards to her previous trail on Coldharbour Lane so it looks as if she is going round a circuit. There is plenty of clean water, plenty of shelter in farm buildings and thick hedges, and enough small game to keep her going. Estate office at Collingham are aware and so are all local farmers. There are many people looking out for her.
- 2012-09-09 11:03 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Chloe has proved to be a survivor so hopefully she will be able to find enough food and water until somebody is able to catch her.
- 2012-09-08 21:39 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Hope to see Chloe home safe soon.x
- 2012-09-08 12:30 bazil
- So sad this old girl is still missing. Hope she is somewhere safe and if she is still outdoors she is managing to find food and water x
- 2012-09-08 00:22 Fluffylegs
- poor little lady, do you think she is just wandering from hither to thither completely lost or would she be picking up scents. It seems a lot of activity over a lengthy period for such an old girl,she must have some stamina. Your news is encouraging albeit sad that she is so alone out there. What skills you both have.!!
- 2012-09-06 20:56 Owl
- We did go back on Tuesday, picked up the trail again and it didn't go on into new Bolingbroke but looped back to a concrete are in teh middle of fields with some old bales stacked there. This time a fresher scent took us another direction, heading south along a dyke to join Coldharbour Lane, following it west then south towards Boston. We went past Mabels Hounds kennels and a farm, then took a track on our left going back eastwards across the fields. We followed this until it grew too dark.
- 2012-09-03 17:11 bazil
- Poor Chloe and her owners, praying for her safe return xx
- 2012-09-02 13:07 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Really hope she is sighted again soon. There are vast woodlands close to New and Old Bollingbrooke so she will have lots of places to hide.
- 2012-09-01 21:41 Owl
- We are thinking of returning early in the week if she isn't found by then, to continue where we left off.
- 2012-09-01 20:39 janiejewel1649
- Really worried about this Senior Citizen. Please come home soon Chloe. All xd.
- 2012-09-01 18:06 Fluffylegs
- Poor Chloe; does this sound as if she only went on this journey after being sighted 6 days ago? or could she be coming and going.
What are your search plans now, we keep checking in...keep safe lovely lady.
- 2012-09-01 13:26 bazil
- Praying she is safe, so concerned for this lady xx
Well done Owl and Wispa x
- 2012-09-01 00:10 Owl
- Wispa and I have been out on Chloe's trail. Wispa followed her scent from the house straight to the are of sighting at Moorend, then east along Main Street for a short distance, then over Main Street and down a farm track, on through footpaths and field edges to Mumby Bridge, then east and through more paths and fields until after nearly 3 hours following scent we ended up on the edge of New Bolingbroke where there appeared to be fresh scent. So Chloe appears to have moved further from home than was expected. It's a fair distance for a 17 yr old dog to cover but she has had 6 days from last sighting to do it so maybe only did 3/4 mile a day. Plenty of water to drink, cover to shelter in, and bits of carrion and small game.
- 2012-08-28 15:34 scootjockey
- Hi, this old girl really touches my heart. Im at Tays dads at mo PE23 firsby/spilsby if there any thing at all we can do to help? stolen Tays mum x
- 2012-08-28 12:02 bazil
- Oh great news your Chloe has been sighted and is keeping herself safe. Get that BBQ going, and lets hope your clever girl will show herself again so you can get her home. Praying today is the day she is found xx
- 2012-08-28 10:15 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Just spoken to the owner and have discussed having a BBQ on Moorside. Fingers crossed she will show herself.
- 2012-08-28 09:00 Cynthia
- CHLOE SIGHTED!!!!! Yesterday Monday on Moorside, Mareham Le Fen. She is obviously still about, it was definitely her from description. We have never stopped looking, but until yesterday no sightings. She is not far from home but she is obviously laying low. Please any local people look in your sheds and garages again.
- 2012-08-25 17:16 bazil
- Oh hope they have a team of helpers to keep searching for her, wish i lived closer x
- 2012-08-24 16:29 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- This old dog is STILL MISSING.
- 2012-08-20 11:06 bazil
- I keep checking here for some news, so sorry to read Chloe is still missing. Hope she is found safe very, very soon x
- 2012-08-19 17:37 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Still no sign og Chloe. All suggestions are being acted upon. So hope this old lady is tucked up somewhere safe.
- 2012-08-19 11:13 Mel
- I don't know the area or if there are other houses nearby but I was wondering if it was possible that she's wandered into a neighbouring house/garden/shed as those people were perhaps packing a car up to go on holiday? Please Chloe show yourself!
- 2012-08-19 02:55 Fluffylegs
- I have e mailed the Rector -Canon Alec Boyd, asking if he can pray at the services for Chloe's safe return and if he could ask parishioners to look out for her and also could he go into DOG LOST site and print off some posters for the church services!There seems to be lot going on there this weekend.
I hope this request has not offended anyone or gone against any current searching and publicity going on in the village by those that live there. If so I apologise in advance. The signal here is not good and Ive had to take a chance to find one at 2.30am
I do hope Chloe is found very soon it was so hot today..maybe dog bowls of water could be put around the village in case she is wandering at night.
Good luck with the searching..Please be safe CHLOE!!!
- 2012-08-17 11:28 bazil
- Was hoping to see this beautiful lady in the blue this morning, so sorry she is still missing. Great that more people are helping to search for her x Last edited: 2012-08-17 11:29:23 by bazil
- 2012-08-17 09:21 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- message from Fluffylegs who can't get online at the mo
There is an event on at St Helens Church Friday/Sat/Sunday so this would be a good place to hand out flyers in Mareham, she is going to contact the vicar and ask him to mention at the services being held
- 2012-08-17 09:16 Cynthia
- Still no sign or sightings of Chloe. More people joining in the search now. Posters put up outside and in pub, shop etc. Dog walkers in the area are looking and local farmers and gamekeepers aware.
- 2012-08-16 20:58 Mel
- Shared on It's a Spring Thing and bumped to the top of ESSuk FB.
- 2012-08-16 16:14 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Thank you bazil. Owner says she has checked all unused buildings. Let's hope this old girl is found soon.
- 2012-08-16 16:03 bazil
- I have appealed for helpers to look for Chloe on the FB pages I posted her on. They all have members all over the country. Any news/sightings x
I see on google earth there is a church on Horncastle Road, if not already done thoroughly search this as its a nice peaceful area for her to lay low and any allotments, unused barns, stables, sheds etc and childrens playhouses in gardens...good luck x
- 2012-08-16 15:47 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Thanks Jayne. Information sheets emailed to Cynthia.
- 2012-08-16 15:28 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in PE20-25.
- 2012-08-16 15:08 Helen, Area Co-ordinator Norfolk and Suffolk
- Details added to Dog Lost Lincolnshire facebook group and other groups in the area.
- 2012-08-16 14:32 Cynthia
- Have emailed a pic to admin as site will not let me upload photo direct
- 2012-08-16 13:43 bazil
- Oh no, hope Chloe is found safe very soon. I have posted to my FB page and other FB springer pages. Stay safe old girl x
- 2012-08-16 12:54 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- If there are any local helpers the owner would appreciate it if they would make contact so she can arrange a search as there is a lot of open ground to cover.
- 2012-08-16 12:52 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- I have now spoken to Cynthia and the owner thinks Chloe went missing about 8:30 yesterday morning. She was at work when her teenage son took delivery of a parcel and they think Chloe must have wandered out then. Her son didn't notice Chloe was missing and he went out for the day. Owner came home and assumed Chloe had been taken out by her husband. It was only later on in the day that they realised she was missing. I have advised that they check out all the ditch bottoms in case she has stumbled into one and cannot climb out. Photo will be sent in to admin later on today.
- 2012-08-16 12:27 Cynthia
- Sorry about the phone number, have corrected it now!
- 2012-08-16 12:26 Cynthia
- Chloe was seen wandering in Fieldside on Wednesday morning, she is old and may be confused and sat in someones garden or field waiting to be found
- 2012-08-16 12:25 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- First contact number appears to be too long. Am trying to contact owner via second number.
- 2012-08-16 08:54
- Sorry to see that CHLOE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.