Lost: STILL MISSING Grey And White Inuit Male In South West (SP4)
- Dog ID 42164
- Status Lost
- Registered 16 Aug 2012
- Name TEDDY
- Breed Inuit
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Large
- Colour STILL MISSING grey and white
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Full masked Northern Inuit Dog (looks like a husky) black tipped tail, brown eyes. Mid to long coat.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 15 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Larkhill Salisbury Plain. Approximately 2 miles north of Larkhill Racecourse.
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area SP4
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info May be timid around strangers but he is a friendly dog. Has separation anxiety and will be missing his pack. 18 months old.
- Phone 1 07929858977
- Phone 2 07512989923
- Reward? Reward if found
- Listed By overthrown
- Views 9887
- Followers 7
- See more dogs Lost in SP4
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-03-24 20:49 dogangel
- Hi, I have sent a txt to the owner about a inuit dog on a for sale website. It has only been posted in the last 26mins and the dog looks very similar-however, it does not state whether it is male or female. Owner has not replied yet.
- 2013-01-17 18:38 overthrown
- Kiera is a female and is hopefully being sorted out a new home. Stripe is bi-eyed and sadly definitely not my boy.
Sadly we have no further news and no further leads for Teddy. Any help as always is much appreciated as are followers to Teddy's page www.facebook.com/MissingDogTeddy
Thank you all for your help and support over the last 5 months...
- 2013-01-12 23:47 carouselfacepainting
- 2013-01-07 16:40 John
- Just checked in to alert you to the Husky found in Westbury, but see that Ladygrey alerted you on the day. Here's his link on Bath Cats & Dogs Home's site -
- 2013-01-05 12:54 Freetherich
- I still looking out for Teddy, I travel alot in the amesbury/andover areas and will keep on looking,forever hopeful.
- 2012-12-22 22:13 Ladygrey
- Husky type dog found in westbury, has been taken to bath cats and dogs home. Last edited: 2012-12-22 22:28:46 by Ladygrey
- 2012-11-27 14:18 Lilybear
- Teddy, you remain forever on my radar until you're home once again.
- 2012-11-26 10:08 Claire Weston Turville
- Dog been sighted on A303 nr Andover. Please look at Doglost Found Section.
- 2012-11-25 19:03 mathers22
- Going to put him on fbook again. Good luck xx
- 2012-11-07 08:13 denise
- I have been looking for Teddy the German Shepherd and also looking if any news on this Teddy, such a beautiful boy, I too watched YouTube video, I was in tears it is heartbreaking. I live in Bucks and have been, of course, looking out, but if you want me to poster or anything else, let me know x
- 2012-10-16 13:29 emmalouise
- I saw the very sad video about teddy on fb :(
particularly because of his breed it's likely he could be living rough, there's a lot of woodland and open areas around there, don't give up hope!
I agree with what Claire's said too, there's a lot of army training up there and farms around, definitely worth speaking to them for any sightings or to at least know if he's got into trouble x
- 2012-10-10 20:31 rescuedogsrock
- Have you reported it to The New Forest lost dogs group, http://www.newforestdog.org.uk/lostdogs/ just incase he has moved further into the forest. I ask because while I'm sure it probably wasnt Teddy, I was having a picnic with my dog here http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/26263 and a dog appeared on the heath below like Teddy, and there was no owner in site, I looked around but it just disappeared. I'm sure it was just a dog that had run off from its owner and then rejoined them, but just incase may be an idea to register him on the new forest lost dogs.
- 2012-10-07 16:02 scootjockey
- Was looking for Halewood RSPCA tele No earlier.... viewed some dogs I may have typed in WN5 0DZ defo saw a HuskyX named Teddy. Good luck stolen Tays mum x
- 2012-09-26 19:27 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-09-21 16:53 AkitaTaz
- I hope that some good news comes from the sighting below. It looks to be near some woods, so plenty of shelter and food there. Will be thinking of you tomorrow xx
- 2012-09-19 22:30 County Pet Services
- A dog fitting Teddy's discription was seen on Sunday morning crossing the slip road from the A303 to join the A3093,near Picket piece Andover, I have informed Teddy's owner.
- 2012-09-17 19:01 Claire Weston Turville
- Hope the video brings someone to your phone. Also have you tried postering up near the Army Camp nearby? The Army does do a fair amount of manoeuvres/training in that area. You could try Warminster. Most Service camps have their weekly orders they may just put your poster on their Orders Bulletin. You would probably need to speak to the Camp Adjutant who oversees the Bulletin. Hope this helps to get your lovely boy back to you.Last edited: 2012-09-17 19:03:29 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-09-17 13:03 Jayne - Head Office
- 2012-09-16 14:25 Lilybear
- Teddy your poster in my car. Am to and from Wiltshire/Hampshire/Dorset. I travel the A360 across the plain, I'm always looking out. I can't say I've seen any posters as I travelled through Tilshead, Shrewton. There was one up at the petrol station in Tilshead on the main counter which is a great spot. I'm not this way again until next Friday, I don't know if anyone local could check? I will check Rangebourne Pet Shop in Devizes has a poster.
- 2012-09-15 11:22 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have just seen on Teddy's FB page that his owners have put half-page advert in the Western Daily Press, which is in today (15/9/12)
Hope it brings some news of Teddy x
- 2012-09-13 23:06 Rosalie
- Some people who have lost their dogs have tried barbequeing very smelly foods pilchards for example to try and tempt them out, they maybe laying low nearbye, maybe near where he ran off etc. It might be worth a try. Wind could carry the smell for some way. I am told they don't often go far from where they ran off. Has anything like this been tried.
- 2012-09-11 12:26 overthrown
- We have checked both of the reports below out and sadly neither were Teddy.
Possible sighting on Sunday 9th September on the A345 through Netheravon (close to Dog and Gun pub). A dog fitting Teddy's description was seen at the side of the road eating a dead rabbit. The lady who reported the sighting to me said that a car was parked up next to the dog with hazard lights on and a lady was in the car on her phone so she didn't stop. The dog wardens have not had any reports or dogs brought in.
Edited to add: the sighting was around 7am, I got the call to say he'd possibly been seen at 7pm. Have been to the area but no sign of Teddy.Last edited: 2012-09-11 12:28:22 by overthrown
- 2012-09-09 13:53 Gypsy
- Someone has placed an ad on Gumtree about a found Husky in Newport.
- 2012-09-08 22:33 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- This is some distance away from where Teddy was lost and description may be of a dog with more grey than teddy, but national pet register has a report of a young male greywhitecream husky found today in SY7 (Herefordshire. Details as follows:
Husky, mostly grey with off-white/cream bits. Possibly quite young,but not a puppy. Friendly with people and other dogs and seems ok with cats even though they were growling at him! Just turned up outside our garden Saturday evening, not wearing a collar. Can contact me on 07790603822
Found in Brampton Bryan Park Brampton Bryan Herefordshire
Found on 08/09/2012
Listed on September 8, 2012
Pet Type Dog
Pet Breed Husky
Dominant Colour Grey
Distingushing Marks None
Reported By n/a
- 2012-09-05 23:18 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- One on Teddys articles:
- 2012-09-04 21:24 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Well done for getting all this publicity, bumped due to the poster delivery. I hope it brings news of more sightings.
- 2012-09-04 20:22 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- 11,000 have started to be delivered today:
People on Teddsy FB page have confirmed recieving some in the Stonehenge Trader Magazine:
More to come.
Coralvb - good shout but yes it was another dog. Anything urgent you can PM Teddys owner on FB page:
- 2012-09-03 15:51 coralvb
- I see from Teddys page that the dog was not Teddy, but such a coincidence and found so close to where Teddy went missing.
- 2012-09-03 00:20 coralvb
- Sorry forgot the link. Scroll down a little on this FB page to find the photo - Lost and stolen dogs UK.Last edited: 2012-09-03 00:28:22 by coralvb
- 2012-09-03 00:19 coralvb
- Someone on this facebook page (Wiltshire horse riders)is apparently saying they have found a dog fitting Teddys description at the Avebury stones. They have apparently saif=d the dog is a bitch but it seems very close to where he went missing - too coincidental. I say apparently as you ave to joint the group and until they accept my request I cannot see the posting for myself.
If you go to this FB page and scroll down a little you will see a photo of the found ddog. It must be worth checking out..Last edited: 2012-09-03 00:27:08 by coralvb
- 2012-09-02 22:42 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- Update from owner:
We have adverts coming out in 2 local papers next week and also 11,000 flyers going out in the Stonehenge Trader Magazine to the local villages next week too. We had a front page ad out in the Warminster Journal last week and I am trying to get hold of the Gazette and Herald still who said they might do a story on him but heard nothing since.
- 2012-09-02 12:19 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- I can see on FB that Teddys owners and supporters are working hard in trying to find him and updating / making new posters. They hadn't put the youtube link on here so I will do it.
- 2012-08-30 13:23 Lynda
- Sounds grim but have you asked the local councils if their road-workers have picked him up. They have to record any dogs picked up whether alive or not....
- 2012-08-29 20:46 overthrown
- Thank you to everyone who has helped with the searches and with putting posters in local areas. Sadly there have been no sighting of Teddy for 10 days now. He has been missing for 2 weeks this evening and we are devastated that we have heard nothing.
Teddy has his own page on facebook dedicated to getting the word out as much as possible and we are also attempting to get his video on youtube to go viral.
Join the search: www.facebook.com/MissingDogTeddy
- 2012-08-27 10:57 Lilybear
- My friend lives edge of the Plain at Easterton, has seen lots of posters up and about B3098 towards Market Lavington. Have sent poster to Trotters Equine & Country Store, Station Rd Tidworth, fingers crossed they may already have it.
- 2012-08-26 18:07 triphazard
- I'll happily poster around here - not too far from Larkhill and Salisbury Plain in between us, so it's possible he may come this way. Spire FM is the local Salisbury radio show - and it's on all day, not just breakfast, if that's any help.
- 2012-08-26 11:11 Lilybear
- Sorry I'm not local to help with search. Sadly I have no news of any sightings, the Local Police & Switchboard/Control have details of search, a colleague has e-mailed his friend - Ministry of Defence Police, Salisbury Plain for attn of Rural Beat Officers.
- 2012-08-25 18:56 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Garrison has gone the way of most other radio stations: The only Salisbury local show is the breakfast show. firstname.lastname@example.org is the presenter.
- 2012-08-25 18:47 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Garrison FM have a Salisbury service. I'll dig out some names. I know they've helped in the past.
- 2012-08-24 20:44 Kirsty
- There is an AMWA event going on (Alaskan Malamute Working Association)Near Tidworth all weekend 25th to 27th. Have posted on a couple of places, but would be good if someone could get there with posters. There will be lots and lots of husky types there. I expect it will be signposted where it takes place. Sorry can not offer any practical help in person.
- 2012-08-24 08:40 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- The flags on the Salisbury Plain ranges will be going down from Friday 24th at 7pm until Tuesday 28th at 8am. If anyone can come out and help with the search during these times please contact 07929 858977.
- 2012-08-24 07:46 Bobble
- Out Salisbury Plain way yesterday so naturally did a slight detour to keep an eye out for him. We did not see any posters, so if there is anyone in any part of the Plain, please get out and Poster like mad! I have also passed his details onto a shooting club who get up there with their gundogs and passed the word around anyone else who may be walking their dogs on the Plain or Wiltshire Downs. Re-postered Mere BA12. Please get out and Poster like mad it will make all the difference.
- 2012-08-23 21:53 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- Overthrown and Lilybear, is there a local radio station covering Larkhill etc? Try and get them make announcements for you. I know there was radio station in Bulford and another one in Ludgershall that helped us with another dog once but friends of the owner did it so unfortunately I don't have their contact details.
- 2012-08-22 23:40 Lilybear
- Wiltshire Police Log: 128-22/08/12 Tel:101 has full details of the search for Teddy, asking that any sightings/info be passed onto owners. The local stations and rural crime team have been informed/have posters. Hoping there is soon good news. Good luck everyone.
- 2012-08-22 22:08 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- I am away this weekend but will ask if there is anyoneelse about that can help you. I presume you have Karens number from Country Pet Services? If not post here and I will text it to you, she may be able to help.
I don't know the plain, but did compete there on a horse, so I would suggest going out in 4x4's / bikes / horses and if anyone has a trial bike use that. Sometimes trial bikes particulary go out during this time so you could look up on the internet any groups/forums and ask them to look out for teddy. Also I think there is a gliding club at Netheravon? I will post on Tidworth Dogs FB page to see if anyone can help. SamLast edited: 2012-08-22 22:19:52 by Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- 2012-08-21 13:08 overthrown
- The flags on the ranges will be going down from Friday 24th at 7pm until Tuesday 28th at 8am. Anyone who can come out and help us search during these times please please get in contact. My telephone number is 07929858977, we could use as many helpers as possible.
- 2012-08-19 23:37 overthrown
- The rangers have been notified and I have a friend who is in the army and is in the area whilst the military exercises are going on. He is going to contact the rangers at work again tomorrow to remind them Teddy is still missing. There have been no further sightings.
- 2012-08-18 10:25 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- Sarah from the hunt kennels in Bulford has posted on FB & notified teh saddle club (larkhill) and is going to speak to the racecourse guys today. CPS, do you know if the owners have notified the rangers? I would think this is the best course of action now to try and get a sighting.
- 2012-08-18 09:59 Lilybear
- Have shared link with my friends that live, work in area. Have messaged the City of Salisbury Police on Facebook. I do hope there is soon news of Teddy. I have also e-mailed the Salisbury Neighbourhood Policing Team: 'email@example.com' Last edited: 2012-08-18 10:04:29 by Lilybear
- 2012-08-17 22:53 County Pet Services
- Have been out searching again today, still no sign or sighting of Teddy, he must be out there somewhere, someone must have seen him.
- 2012-08-16 21:56 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- CPS - got your texts back ta. Dissapointing you didn't see him. I put him on Tidworth Dogs Fb page and someone shared to Larkhill Freebay so I have asked her if she could bump and stressed we needed a sighting. I will email the lady who had the hunt kennels. Good Luck
- 2012-08-16 15:48 County Pet Services
- Had an email from the NI rescue late last night asking if I could help, sent them my no. and asked them to call and I would go straight out once I knew location, someone was going to call back but no one has, so I will just do a general sweep of the area and the Great Bustard pub, hope this boy is found soon.
- 2012-08-16 15:32 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- Have posted on Tidworth Dogs Club FB page. Will Text Karen (Doglost Helper) who is more that way than me (I am SP10). This is a good contact for MOD land :N D LINGE MBE
Lt Col (Retd, SO2 Lands, Liaison and Policy,HQ DTE Salisbury Plain, Tel: 01980 67 4679 Mil: 94325 4679
- 2012-08-16 11:19 honiahaka
- Teddy was sighted Near the Bustard inn towards Shrewton in the pheasant pen about an hour ago ( 10am ) anyone in this area please keep a look out for him ..he may be frightened ...Owner is in area with other dogs looking now.
- 2012-08-16 09:31 Tungulria
- Walking with 5 dogs this afternoon over by the Golf Driving Range so will be sure to keep a look out and an extra lead handy. Do owners live Larkhill direction and if so will dog perhaps head this way or do they live towards Netheravon etc?
- 2012-08-16 08:01 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in SP1,2,3,4,9,10,11. sn9,10.
- 2012-08-16 00:50
- Sorry to see that TEDDY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.