Lost: Red Grizzle (fawn) Terrier Border Male In South West (BS35)
- Dog ID 42143
- Status Lost
- Registered 15 Aug 2012
- Name RUFUS
- Breed Terrier Border
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Red Grizzle (fawn)
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Neutered
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 14 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Littleton Upon Severn (Near Old Severn Bridge) BS35 1NS. 5 miles north west of Bristol
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area BS35
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Friendly, good with animals and children. Believed to have been taken from the orchard at Rock House Farm between the hours of 11am-3pm. Rufus is the dog on the left in the photograph.
- Phone 1 07771900581
- Phone 2 01454412738
- Reward? Yes
- Listed By Laurie
- Views 1397
- Followers 2
- See more dogs Lost in BS35
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-28 21:29 Belle
- Hi - please have a look at these dogs in case one might be Rufus...
this one is way down the page but has a photo you can enlarge:
http://www.piratefm.co.uk/contribute/help-desk/?st=1Last edited: 2013-04-29 09:57:35 by Belle
- 2013-02-20 15:31 nickiP
- Hi there, I saw a Border Terrier in Southmead Bristol at 11.50am today. Tried to catch it but it was too wary and wouldn't let me or another lady I was walking with near. Looked a bit like this one but couldn't be 100% sure. It didn't have a collar on and looked as if it had been roaming for quite some time. It headed away from us up Pen Park Road next to Southmead Hospital. I notified the dog warden of my sighting - I will keep my eye out for it again, might be worth getting in touch with the dog warden service as they said they would look out for it. Good luck!
- 2012-10-08 09:20 reggiemollieros
- Just to let you know the Border Terrier referred to in my post below has now been listed in the Found section with a photo
- 2012-10-07 23:31 reggiemollieros
- I just saw this post on the Vets Get Scanning Facebook page
Hope the owner of a border terrier can be found, pls share. thanks
A Border Terrier was for sale at Ballinaslow horse fair in Galway yesterday 6th. Turns out he may have been stolen as he has a UK microchip. If anyone is still missing a border please pm Julie Cowan Bryan with the microchip no. Thanks
Or message me and I'll forward.
Here is the page address https://www.facebook.com/groups/106838306012291/
- 2012-09-16 21:04 AnnieSparky
- Long shot but posting this from Animal Warden website on a few lost male Border pages esp as poss stolen so just in case:
15 Sep 2012
Location: Tadley RG26
Colour: Brown Tan
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-08-19 15:19 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- Thanks good Work!
- 2012-08-17 23:20 JP
- Shared on FB - have family at S.Beach
- 2012-08-17 19:16 liver1047
- posted on facebook,, as im in little stoke..
- 2012-08-17 14:49 ML
- Posters up around the area xx
- 2012-08-17 09:15 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- Thanks ML
- 2012-08-17 08:58 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts resent.
- 2012-08-16 23:14 ML
- Couldnt get there today but will be heading that way with posters tomorrow xx
- 2012-08-16 20:41 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- Great !
- 2012-08-16 20:18 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Photo now on
- 2012-08-16 19:54 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- when new photo is uploaqded I will request alerts sent again
- 2012-08-16 19:51 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- owner is about to upload a single photo of Rufus. He is on the left btw!.He disapeared from owners orchard , which is unusual, as if he goes walkabout his mum comes too[pictured] and they are back very quickly . No suspicious vehicles have been sighted, this is a small close knit community , and no one saw anything. Dw have been alerted, and Im sending advice sheets now
- 2012-08-16 09:02 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- Thanks Dinkydoodle. I cant leasve a message no voicemail, so texted owner to call me back and in the meantime will email out advice
- 2012-08-15 22:13 dinkydoodle
- Plaster the area with posters, make sure pub is aware, they will display a poster for you. Call all farms in the area. A dog who went missing here a year ago was found after several days on Ingst Farm so please get permission to check here. Presume the corn has been harvested now but if not check all corn fields as there are lots in this area.
Good luck I hope Rufus is found soon.
- 2012-08-15 21:36 twoDs
- Have shared on FB and BT World,which dog is Rufus in the poster and any info exactly where he went missing?
- 2012-08-15 14:45 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- will contact owners
- 2012-08-15 12:33 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in BS10,11,32-37. GL11,12,13.
- 2012-08-15 12:00
- Sorry to see that RUFUS is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.