Reunited: Black And White Border Collie Male
- Dog ID 42116
- Status Reunited
- Registered 14 Aug 2012
- Name 2 PUPPIES STOLEN
- Breed Border Collie
- Gender Male
- Age Puppy
- Colour black and white
- Marks & Scars 7 weeks old.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 12 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Udimore near Rye, East Sussex.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area TN31
- Date Found 31 Aug 2012
- Where Found recovered by SUSSEX POLICE after following leads given
- Found In Region South East
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 31 Aug 2012
- Other Info ANY INFO PHONE POLICE OR DOGLOST Crime reference number ER3/067960/12
- Phone 1 07930 759398
- Phone 2 POLICE 101
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 7551
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-09-06 21:43 Jayne - Head Office
- see the real story in October issue of dogs today magazine...Springermad...was not having a go at you...sorry if it seemed that way...it was not intended...right been on for 14 hours today..time to clock off...see you all tomorrow...
- 2012-09-06 21:10 SpringerMad
- yes, no doubt that is true! I was just thinking sometimes it is nice to see how the dogs became reunited, as it is not terriby often one ever gets to know the finer details of where and how etc.
- 2012-09-06 19:49 Jayne - Head Office
- Thats great...but it was doglost helpers through our alert system...and CJ working with police that got these dogs home...
- 2012-09-06 19:22 SpringerMad
- I have just received this email from my local police weekly email and thought it would be nice you everyone to see the following.
Police reunite stolen puppies with mother - On 12 August two collie puppies were stolen from a property in Udimore near Rye. Over the coming week’s information from members of the public and Facebook led to a warrant at a property in Netherfield being carried out. Although the puppies were not found at the address more information was gathered and on the 31 August a call was made to Battle Neighbourhood Policing Team stating that the puppies had been found.
They were swiftly collected and reunited with their mother and siblings. The pups’ owner said she was very grateful for Police help and although no one is going to be charged with the theft this was a good outcome.
Rother Wildlife Crime Officer PC Keith Baldwin said “The work of all Officers involved in this investigation from across Rother District was impeccable but more importantly we would not have solved this crime without the help of members of the public speaking with local officers. The theft of dogs will not be tolerated and is investigated as rigorously as we would deal with any other crime. The safety and welfare of the animals involved is always paramount and it was great to see the two pups unharmed and back where they belong.
“I’d like to thank DogLost.co.uk too, who have been great in assisting us in getting messages out about the missing pups. I know they have said they are also pleased with the outcome”
Photos of the puppies being reunited will soon by on our website (www.sussex.police.uk) but will also be on our Facebook page so keep an eye out for them
PLEASE CAN YOU BUMP THIS??
- 2012-09-02 08:03 noodle
- Fantatsic news, well done to the police
- 2012-09-01 21:31 Angelmort
- Well done to the Police and all involved and these babies will be going home with their saviours. Can't get much better than that! x
- 2012-09-01 12:11 janiejewel1649
- So pleased to see these two babies reunited. Well done Police and DogLost:-)xxx Stay safe now you gorgeous pair.
- 2012-09-01 11:12 Jackie
- So pleased these 2 little ones are back with their mum, well done to the police for taking this seriously...wish more would do the same....looks like there future is now secure in the hands of the same police...Happy days little ones xxx
- 2012-09-01 09:17 Jayne - Head Office
- Fantastic news...Well done to doglost helpers who fed us leads..to CJ for co ordinating with the police...and to Sussex police for a result...doglost rocks....
- 2012-09-01 00:18 Sarah W
- What a terrific outcome for these cheeky pups.
- 2012-08-31 23:26 Clarkey, Area Co-ordinator East Sussex
- Brilliant news! Well done!
- 2012-08-31 22:41 jobadger
- Lovely news - great to have a happy ending - and well done to the police...x
- 2012-08-31 20:57 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- That's just brilliant news - well done Sussex Police! Welcome home you two for now at least - good luck in your new homes too!
- 2012-08-31 20:49 mathers22
- Fantastic news - well done DL and Police xx
- 2012-08-31 20:39 Laura
- so glad to hear that these 2 puppies have been found safe and well! x
- 2012-08-31 20:35 Shereen
- YES!!! Great work!!!! and they've found their forever Homes!...Well done all!.Xxx
- 2012-08-31 20:12 millypod
- So pleased these two puppies are back with rightful owner.
Well done to everyone involved.xx
- 2012-08-31 20:04 Julie
- Absolutely fantastic - well done to wonderful Sussex Police for retrieving them. Over the moon ! Julie x
- 2012-08-31 19:12 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Great to see that these two little ones are safely back with their mum, stay safe now xxx
- 2012-08-31 19:07 Claire Weston Turville
- Absolutely brilliants news and will be kept in check by their new owners no doubt!. Welcome back little ones x
- 2012-08-31 19:05 Helen, Area Co-ordinator Norfolk and Suffolk
- Brilliant news! Well done to everybody who helped get these babies home xx
- 2012-08-31 19:00 Lankeela
- Fabulous news, great result and well done to Sussex police
- 2012-08-31 18:37 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- I have been waiting for a few hours to make this post REUNITED. I had to wait until owner was tracked down as i had a messages from SUSSEX POLICE - who have been so great working on the leads given to get these dogs back.
The two officers that bought them home fell in love with them so will be buying them for themselves.
Mum rushed to greet her long lost puppies maybe to say where have you two naughty pups been to ??
A great reslt all round many thanks to Sussex police now also working with doglost to combat dog theft!
Please other forces take note and follow the leads of those now working very closely with us.
Results like this show how well it works for us both!!
Kent Sussex Essex Surrey Thames Valley
WELCOME HOME PUPS stay safe now till your new home. xx
- 2012-08-31 16:00 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- SUSSEX POLICE working hard on this one following many leads given so watch this space !!!!!!
- 2012-08-29 10:34 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-08-23 13:20 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- no updates and pups still missing.they will now be around 9 weeks old so anyone spotting any up for sale please alert us by putting links on here.
- 2012-08-21 01:41 Teddys Mum-JW
- Glad there is something going on in the background. I do so hope there is a positive outcome soon.
- 2012-08-20 11:38 Clarkey, Area Co-ordinator East Sussex
- Hi. Any updates on these puppies please?
- 2012-08-16 20:41 SpringerMad
- Right I have now managed to tick the right box to get alerts!
Hope there is good news shortly.
- 2012-08-16 17:00 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx everyone its through the tweets we have been passed the possible info...police have been informed and local trusted doglost helpers will be contacted...I am sure you can understand we cannot give the area at this time...may we request at this sensitive stage no more tweets as we dont want to alert these people...and watch this space...the great team Doglost are onto it...oh and owner is totally amazed at all your help...tx again team doglost for sharing on the internet...
- 2012-08-16 15:12 Jayne - Head Office
- Call to HQ about a possible sighting of 2 similar puppies....will speak to owner and CJ before posting on site.
- 2012-08-16 14:07 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-08-15 16:06 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Clarkey - if you have time to spare just use the email facility on this page and maybe email out in wider areas to vets pet stores etc.
Spoken to owner to give advice- lets hope someone recognises these pups and gets them back home to mum.
- 2012-08-15 12:59 Clarkey, Area Co-ordinator East Sussex
- Sorry I can't do too much at the moment due to car probs and no printer to do posters. Rang my vets in Battle to alert .. glad to say they were already aware..no poster but hv details on desk! What hv owners done so far .. posters, dog wardens..needs to be ALL areas (Kent/E.Sussex/Rother) http://www.animalwardens.co.uk/lost-found-dogs-search/all-dog-warden-phone-numbers ..vet alerts? If they were looking for hop picking work do you think anyone would hv taken them on locally or know where they would be stayed? Camp/caravan sites? Is there a Facebook page?Last edited: 2012-08-15 13:02:04 by Clarkey, Area Co-ordinator East Sussex
- 2012-08-15 07:41 Jayne - Head Office
- Springer mad.....you have not ticked the box that allows us to send you posters /alerts via email....if you go into your account details and click the box you will receive automatically....we cannot do this from our end....only the person who set up the account can change their details.
- 2012-08-14 20:42 SpringerMad
- Am TN31, that should read!!
- 2012-08-14 20:40 SpringerMad
- Just seen this. I haven't got an email alert? Am TN42 and this is the second dog from this postcode in recent weeks. And I have only spotted them by actively looking down the list for my area. Not quite sure what else to do!
- 2012-08-14 18:38 marianne
- left message on owners phone if theres anybody in the area who can print off posters call me on 07833282114 and i will collect them,need to make these pups to hot to handle
- 2012-08-14 17:18 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Mariane....If you call owners I am sure they could provide you with poster...and would be most grateful for your help.
- 2012-08-14 16:53 marianne
- ive notified all local farmers and friends and dog walkers when ive been out with my lot if someone can print some posters off for me am willing to put up as live on udimore road hope these pups are found soon
- 2012-08-14 16:02 Jayne - Head Office
- Thanks Clarkey....vehicle noticed coming down the drive by a neighbour at the time the 2 dogs were taken was a white Vauxhall....the vehicle did not stay more than 10 minutes...and no attempt made to contact owners who were in the house at the time...5 puppies were left behind...now safely in the house and not in the run...so we feel it was an opportunist...maybe looking for hop picking work...and saw temptation...hence only 1 pairs of hands...one puppy in each....one of the puppies has a distinctive white blaze on one of its back legs....tx for sharing and tweeting...If you could put a poster up in your local vets please as these dogs will have been sold on by now and new owners will surely take them to vets for their jabs..we believe the dogs are relatively local...and if sold on it will probably have been through a local carboot sale on Sunday or a local pub.
- 2012-08-14 15:32 Clarkey, Area Co-ordinator East Sussex
- Got alert .. have shared on Fbk. Any information/details as to how/who stole these puppies? Were any vehicles involved .. just thinking how we can find these little ones.
- 2012-08-14 13:29 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in TN1-6 AND TN17-40.