Lost: Terrier Patterdale Female In South West (BS41)
- Dog ID 42093
- Status Lost
- Registered 13 Aug 2012
- Name CILLA
- Breed Terrier Patterdale
- Gender Female
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 11 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Ashton Court, Bristol.
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area BS41
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info 2 and a half years old. Wearing a red collar with 'I Love Walkies' on it.
- Phone 1 07976 588148
- Phone 2
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 1485
- See more dogs Lost in BS41
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-25 06:30 jan
- Thank you so much for writing to me, you have given me more hope that Cilla is still out there, i will take a drive to where you said you saw her and have a good look around, but please keep looking for me, and thanks again
- 2012-10-23 23:55 qwerty
- Thought I should also add that the photos do share a resemblance with the dog that I saw and that it is remarkable that I was very aware of a red collar which must have been very visible/noticeable which is how it appears on your photos (might sound like a strange point to mention but we have golden retrievers who wear red collars but they are not noticeable on them). Hope you find her - I'll keep my eyes open for her when on our dog walks.
- 2012-10-23 20:13 qwerty
- Just saw your advert in the vets in St Paul's Road, Clifton. This may not be of any help but on the afternoon of Saturday 5th October I was driving near Failand. I turned my car into Beggar Bush Lane from Clevedon Road (heading in the direction of Clifton) and a black dog with a red collar was bounding towards me in the road (Beggar Bush Lane) - I hooted my horn and flashed my lights and the dog ran to the edge of the road near the woodland to the left of me (not hurt by me or the van behind me). I turned around at the golf course entrance to go back and look for the dog but it was nowhere to be seen. I think it may have gone into the woodland I have just mentioned. If you look on google maps at the junction of Clevedon Road (B3128) and Beggar Bush Lane you will see this woodland on the corner of these two roads. My memory at the time was that it seemed to be of the size of a short small black labrador but I knew it wasn't a labrador. I can't remember if there was any white on the dog as my main concern was to make sure it wasn't hit (which it wasn't). If the size I have described and a fast bounding style run fits then it may be an area to search.
- 2012-10-10 07:11 jan
- Still no news on Cilla, sorry so long to reply, been away on holidays. No news either on whether anything was put into the local papers, beginning to wonder if i will ever see my little girl again
- 2012-09-26 09:55 Lilybear
- Hi, just wondering if any news on Cilla, any luck with a press release? My friend in Brisol contacted me last night for any update. Cilla remains in my thoughts. Fingers and paws crossed. Will drop Jan a text.
- 2012-09-16 14:29 Lilybear
- I've a friend who works for a big Organisation in Bristol. Will get her to ask all her colleagues to print a poster (or two!) to put up in their local shop/garage/pub..
- 2012-09-13 22:28 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Text from Jan today, unfortunately the one taken to St Giles yesterday was a male.
- 2012-09-13 07:53 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Good luck today Jan, I hope it's your girl X
- 2012-09-13 06:00 jan
- thankyou for all your help, will telephone St Giles Kennels today, and act on other areas if no luck, but do hope it is Cilla, keep you posted and thanks again
- 2012-09-12 22:01 Lilybear
- There would have been on site security & event control at the Balloon Festival working alongside A & S Police. I'm sure they've already been contacted? Was trying to find some contact details for the organisers, found this link but not sure if of any help?
- 2012-09-12 21:54 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thanks all, I have sent a text to owner alerting to your posts. It will be great if the one taken to St Giles is Cilla.
- 2012-09-12 21:51 Lilybear
- BBC Points West broadcast live from the Balloon Festival each year, it would be lovely to think they would consider running a story on the search for Cilla.
Telephone: 0117 973 2211
BBC Points West
- 2012-09-12 21:04 Lilybear
- this is Bristol - has a great website. http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk
General newspaper enquiries
Telephone: 0117 934 3000
If you have a story or would like us to attend an event, please contact us using the following details:
Telephone: 0117 934 3254
I don't know Bristol, copied the above from their site which is very good, lots on there about the Balloon Festival. Would be fantastic to get the search for Cilla into the local Media. I do hope there is news of Cilla soon. Keep safe sweet girl.
- 2012-09-12 19:36 sar0112
- Black patterdale cross wearing Red collar taken in to St Giles Kennels in Wrantage Somerset today from the Mendip area - sorry didn't get a look at the dog to know if it's this one but worth ringing them to check 01823 490333.
- 2012-09-12 10:42 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-09-06 19:34 jan
- had a phone call following my posters, saying a dog was seen dead on the road about half a mile from the balloon festival venue, but contacted all the appropriate people and nobody picked up a dogs body, appealing for anybody who was in the Bristol area on Saturday the 11th August at approx 11.15pm, who saw an accident involving a dog to please let me know, missing cilla so much, but really need to know if she has died
- 2012-08-28 22:01 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have sent emails to some helpers in the Bristol area in the hope that their local knowledge will bring more help. Thank you Dinkydoodle for your advice and to Sue for contacting me. Need to get as much publicity as possible.
- 2012-08-27 11:46 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Cilla's details now updated and will get her advertised asap
- 2012-08-25 18:22 jan
- my baby boo
- 2012-08-25 18:22 jan
- no sue havent had an email from you, would like to speak to you private if i could please
- 2012-08-25 10:47 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Did you get my email Jan?
- 2012-08-25 06:42 jan
- no its not 42302, she has more white on her paws than cilla, and she has a half tail, cilla has a full tail, cilla also has a limp, because she broke her leg when she was 6 weeks old
- 2012-08-24 21:23 jollyloluk
- could this be 42302 found dog
- 2012-08-24 20:46 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Cilla's poster has been updated with all her pictures. Refresh the page to see.
- 2012-08-24 19:36 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Jan I will email you
- 2012-08-23 19:56 jan
- how do i amend the page please
- 2012-08-23 18:19 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Jan you need to put these ID numbers in the search bar and then you will see which dogs they are referring to.
Are you Cilla's owner?
Can you let us know the missing details on her page. How old is she? Is she black as the photo we have she looks brown around her face? Is her tail, docked, half docked or full? Was she wearing a collar and ID tag? Is she microchipped?
I can get her a free advert with her photo but only if I have all her details.
- 2012-08-23 17:16 jan
- can't find any of the numbers mentioned below, Cilla is still missing, and really really desperate to find her
- 2012-08-22 08:38 mathers22
- @Bobble - they'e checked the GL7 patterdale and that's not a match which was 42169. Shame lets home for 42320. I don't know areas at all.
- 2012-08-22 07:21 Bobble
- Or maybe 42320 found 21/8? Would have travelled a bit, but feasible especially if taken?
- 2012-08-21 22:23 mathers22
- Could this possibly be found female patterdale 42340 she was with another dog that ran off - could be the one of the stolen two Cilla I think her name is - fingers crossed xx
- 2012-08-21 22:16 mathers22
- Could be either lost 42169 or 42093 two stolen patterdales. Fingers xxx
- 2012-08-16 21:00 jspencer
- thankyou for that, but do you know if the sighting was before the fireworks or after
- 2012-08-16 12:59 hr4033
- A friend of mine saw a man with what she thinks is this dog desperately trying to find the owner at Ashton Court during the Balloon Festival. Hope you find her. At least you know she will be safe somewhere.
- 2012-08-15 22:21 dinkydoodle
- Owner, please make sure you have advised Estate Ranger that Cilla is missing and let them know you will be putting up lots of posters (and take them down after she is found). Make sure also Bristol dog warden has been informed and also visit dogs home on a daily basis. Inform all local vets and Holly Hedge rescue. There are also several dog walking companys who take dogs to the area, I think some of them have details in the cafe by the golf course. The DW for Ashton Court is Wooferz.
2 Shih Tzus were lost in Ashton Court a year or so ago and they were both found by passers by who then saw posters and was able to call the owner.
Good luck I hope Cilla is found soon.
- 2012-08-13 14:53 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in BS1-9,13,14,40,41,48.
- 2012-08-13 14:47
- Sorry to see that CILLA is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.