Lost: Fawn And White Italian Greyhound Female In Central (S80)
- Dog ID 42085
- Status Lost
- Registered 13 Aug 2012
- Name DAISY
- Breed Italian Greyhound
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Toy
- Colour Fawn and White
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars No collar, White chest. 3-4 years old.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 13 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Worksop, Notts.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area S80
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Daisy got out of the garden with the owners other dog, which has returned but she hasn't. She is not wearing a collar. Daisy is around 3 years of age and was last seen around 8.00am. PLEASE contact the owner with any info/sightings. Thank you.
- Phone 1 07817 923266
- Phone 2
- Listed By RUTH
- Views 4202
- See more dogs Lost in S80
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-09-23 20:20 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- We're still looking out for her Ruth.
- 2012-09-21 12:52 RUTH
- It has been almost 6 weeks since Daisy went missing. Someone must know of her wherabouts. Im sure she's still alive. PLEASE PLEASE remind everyone that she is still dearly missed. I think some unsuspecting person may have bought her. We have reason to suspect she may have been taken down to the south coast and sold on (Hastings area)
- 2012-09-07 19:23 Owl
- We decided to start our search today where there had been 2 sightings by different people in a field opposite a farm on Lady Field Rd just NW of Thorpe Salvin. Wispa got a good scent which led us down a footpath to cross the railway line and the canal, still following the proper path. Then all the way up the hill to Anston, running along the field edge to join First Lane on the edge of Anston. Then right turn down B5069 Sheffield Rd to the cemetery and across the A57 into fields by Anston Stones wood. The scent there was very fresh but I called a halt rather than plunge on into the woods as Wispa had done her allotted time beyond which she gets mentally tired and may become less accurate & focused. So the search will now extend to Anston. We did get to talk to lots of people who said they would watch out for her.
- 2012-09-06 18:44 RUTH
- Possible sighting of a similar bitch (in a blue collar!) by a kind caller (saw her missing poster in Tesco Worksop) in Wigthorpe but had ran by the time theyd turn the car around. Possibly with a black warrior 4x4. Sunday 2nd Sept Please remind everyone that Daisy is STILL missing. Going out again tomorrow with Wispa to follow her scent
- 2012-08-24 17:23 Owl
- This complex is in between Max's farm and Daisy's farm. The people there know about Daisy. It's not derelict buildings as far as i can see, but building sites. It's strictly private, but if we found a trail leading on to it I hope the security people would let us in to follow it. But all trails have gone clean past it and over through tracks and fields to Whitwell. I hear there has been a possible new sighting near Thorpe Salvin, and Daisy could have had a straight run through that way from Whitwell using the lanes. Going back tomorrow to see what sense we can make of it.
- 2012-08-22 16:48 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Ruth why don't you give Max's owners a call to find out details of exactly where he was in case in can help find Daisy.
- 2012-08-22 11:51 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Ruth Max is now home. He'd been in 40 acre complex which is factories and wildlife. Just wondering whether Daisy could also be there and maybe worth checking out any derelict factories/buildings that she might have found a way into for some shelter
- 2012-08-21 10:44 RUTH
- Glad you got her back safely. Will keep searching. For the good of God I pray she returns safely x
- 2012-08-20 20:48 Corinne
- Last yeay I lost my young IG, and slept in my van where he went missing for several nights, searching fields by torchlight but no luck - I just didn`t know what to do, but several days later he was found under a barn floor, filthy, hurt and half starved. He had tried to circle back to me but got stuck. All I can say is, search all buildings again - they don`t always make a sound! Thinking of you and Daisy.
- 2012-08-20 09:19 RUTH
- Been a whole week now without Daisy. Everyone please keep searching for my little girl x
- 2012-08-19 11:32 Owl
- We also know she was seen running on the road near her home the morning she went missing.
- 2012-08-19 11:31 Owl
- There is now a Facebook page for Daisy, http://www.facebook.com/FindDaisyMissingDog
- 2012-08-15 19:28 Owl
- We went tracking Daisy this morning and the trail led from her home up to the main Barlborough to Worksop road and straight across on to the drive leading to Burnt Leys farm. Then into fields which were being harvested and on through farmland in the direction of Hodthorpe and Whitwell, so those villages will now be postered. The scent was all round the field area where we finally called it a day, but wind was gusting strongly had made it hard for Wispa to get a direction for air scent. I don't think Daisy's disappearance is in any way connected with that of Max even though the farms are not far away from each other. Daisy likes to chase and hunt small wildlife so may have been distracted while chasing something and got completely lost.
- 2012-08-14 10:17 Owl
- Possible sighting on road to Thorpe Salvin by someone driving home last night, but too dark to be sure.
- 2012-08-13 17:24 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Circulating on twitter.
- 2012-08-13 16:53 Jayne - Head Office
- alerts sent to helpers in S21,25,26,43,44,80,81.
- 2012-08-13 16:53 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- There are two dogs recently missing from Worksop, Daisy and German Shepherd Max 41961. Perhaps owners could look out for each others dogs while they are searching.
- 2012-08-13 16:52 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Put on Facebook Central and East Mids & Warks
- 2012-08-13 14:48 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-08-13 14:47 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Owner emailing photo.
- 2012-08-13 14:47 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, she has contacted DW, and local kennels. She needs to contact local vets and visit the local pound. She could also put an ad on the local radio and check sites on the internet. Owner is contacting local police as well. She could also ask postman
- 2012-08-13 12:13
- Sorry to see that DAISY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.