Reunited: Black And Fawn Chihuahua Female
- Dog ID 42071
- Status Reunited
- Registered 12 Aug 2012
- Name BELLE
- Breed Chihuahua
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Toy
- Colour black and fawn
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars long coated, diamond shape white on chest
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 12 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Bournemouth Championship Show, Organford, Poole, Dorset from inside the showground taken from box on benching.
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area BH16
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 01297 35886
- Phone 2 07889 029 353
- Listed By Sherlock Bones-POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Views 5561
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-08-18 18:00 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Great news and a great story. Want we want to hear now is that this person is appropriately charged and that the CPS pursue the prosecution.
- 2012-08-18 16:23 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Excellent news and well done everyone involved. Welcome home Belle
- 2012-08-18 16:17 Jayne - Head Office
- The owner has just called to update us on what happened last night....she had several calls from a man with an Irish accent demanding money for the return of her dog...he kept ringing and changing the meeting place so owner was going all over Dorchester...she came across some policemen and when she received the next call they went to the venue with them and hid in the back of the car and in some bushes...basically they took him into custody....she says the look on his face was prize when he was arrested....well done Dorset police and to everyone in the dog world who assisted in making Belle too hot to handle...Belle is well and happy to be back with her siblings and is none the worse for her ordeal....Owner who is not on the internet would like to thank everyone who helped her.
- 2012-08-18 15:45 valgrays border collie rescue
- 2012-08-18 12:27 lesleyjane
- So glad to see Belle in the blue, all the hard work paid off, well done everyone ( apart from Bournemouth CH Show organisers!). But why do people buy dogs in pubs???
- 2012-08-18 09:56 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Great news that Belle is home. Well done to all who help to poster and spread word of Belle. Welcome home Belle!x
- 2012-08-18 09:56 Jayne - Head Office
- Great news well done to the volunteers who put the doglost posters up....
- 2012-08-18 09:55 mathers22
- Wonderful news welcome home Belle xxx
- 2012-08-18 09:29 J MO
- Welcome home Belle. This is the kind of news you like to see when you log into Doglost in the morning. Stay safe now Belle and let's hope that Bournemouth CH Show look at the procedures for dogs being removed from the show and actually start checking removal passes.
- 2012-08-18 08:36 millypod
- Brilliant news. so pleased Belle is home with her family. Welldone to everyone involved. posters doing there magic again:) xx
- 2012-08-18 08:16 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Great news ! So glad to see this little chi reunited. stay safe now little girl xxx
- 2012-08-18 08:06 janiejewel1649
- Lovely news. Welcome home Belle. Stay safe now cupcake:-)xxx
- 2012-08-18 08:01 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Best news ever to wake up to. Over you go to the blue. x
- 2012-08-18 07:56 Bobble
- Just spoken to owner - great news she IS home - Bournemouth Police have been marvelous! whoop! whoop!
- 2012-08-18 07:30 Jan.Petsearchuk
- That is the most wonderful news...what a relief for her owner...bet the little mite is glad to be home...
- 2012-08-17 23:55 Ottis1
- What fantastic news and this time it is true that Belle has been reunited with her owner Kim.
- 2012-08-17 23:26 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Just seen this on Our Dogs FB page, posted at 11pm :
Great news! Belle, the Long Coat Chihuahua who went missing at Bournemouth Championship Show, has been reunited with her owner. Yes, the dog was sold to someone in a PUB (!!!!) the next day, they saw posters for Belle and contacted her owner.
Don't know if one of you want to contact the owner to confirm. Fabulous news :)
- 2012-08-17 17:17 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Winchy and Bobbie...
- 2012-08-17 11:33 Winchy
- have been tweeting constantly to all Dog mags and dog groups & vets
they have retweeted and some of their followers too. FB groups posting and reposting too
- 2012-08-16 10:33 Bobble
- Spoken to owner Belle is to be featured in the Bournemouth Echo and Advertiser, also the Daily Express. South vets all been emailed and very helpful person postering like mad the area where she went missing. I will contact Blackmore Vale Magazine and associated from same place, covers Wimborne and other parts of Dorset and Somerset to get her in next weeks edition, although hopefully she'll be home by then.
- 2012-08-15 21:28 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-08-15 20:12 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Pasha...do believe Belle was an opportunist theft and is still in the area.
- 2012-08-15 20:06 Ottis1
- posted along with photo on animalwardens.co.uk only option was lost and found but its worth a try.
- 2012-08-15 19:19 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Bumped due to the cover Bell is given.
http://www.dogworld.co.uk/product.php/77399 Last edited: 2012-08-15 19:21:26 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-08-15 19:17 Jayne - Head Office
- Great coverage..
- 2012-08-15 14:20 Ottis1
- I am just waiting on my post for Belle to go 'live' in GUMTREE Poole,Bournemouth~under pets,missing,lost and found.you are right Bobbie,lets make Belle too hot to handle.HAS NOW GONE LIVE.Last edited: 2012-08-15 14:26:01 by Ottis1
- 2012-08-15 12:03 Bobble
- The theft of Belle is featured on front page of Dog World, lets hope this helps to get her home,anyone who can needs to get posters up - make her too hot to handle. Thats my motto at themoment POSTER POSTER POSTER! Last edited: 2012-08-15 12:03:49 by Bobble
- 2012-08-14 14:19 Wetnose
- I know this isn't helpful in finding Belle but I hope that dog show folk will take the opportunity to make their feelings known that although we take every precaution we can to keep our dogs safe at a show while there is a rule that prohibits having our dogs with us at all times and no event security there is a risk of this happening again. Please chip your dogs and make sure it's written boldly on crates and boxes that the dog is identifiable . Team up with the person on the next bench and take it in turns to watch your dogs. Shows are trying to save money by dropping security measures, only Stafford showground still have excellent and vigilant security on hand so we have to step up our own security . In particular look after older people and their dogs, it takes them longer to walk to the loo and back!You never know who is watching for their moment.
- 2012-08-13 21:32 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Belle's owner has told me that she was booked to be chipped next week when she is also due to be scanned for a hereditory illness which she may be a carrier of. Belle has shown no signs of the illness yet but needs to be monitered as it affects the brain and can cause fits. A close relative of hers has developed this illness (name much too long for me to remember) which is why Belle needs to be tested. A crime ref no has been issued by the police.
The owner does not live locally and does not have internet access so we need to help all we can get to trace Belle and return her to her home.Last edited: 2012-08-13 21:40:34 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-08-13 20:32 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- have added a second image of Belle
- 2012-08-13 17:59 FRECCLE
- dog is called Belle. She's NOT microchipped and she's probably still in the Bournemouth area
- 2012-08-13 17:53 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have moved the post saying that she has been found. THIS IS UNTRUE.
I have just spoken to the owner and the search is still on so please share far and wide.
- 2012-08-13 17:45 Snoopy
- Really, it had said on facebook that her box and blanket had been found thrown in the bushes.
- 2012-08-13 17:32 katia
- 2012-08-13 16:18 Folly
- I left this show at 1pm on Saturday with a dog and no one checked removal passes on the exit gate or carpark exit. The same happened last year at this show and when I complained, I was told they had no-one to man the security and to pay a firm would be too costly. This is almost the only championship show to be so lax although I understand Paignton also don't bother. A small breed dog was stolen from Farmer Palmers, just in the next road, about 5 weeks ago. That was reported on this site and I don't know if it was recovered. I do hope this little one is soon recovered.
- 2012-08-13 13:10 Angelmort
- There should have been a lot of active CCTV in and outside this venue. Has it been checked yet?
- 2012-08-13 12:33 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in all BH postcodes.
- 2012-08-13 09:37 Julie
- Have added to my facebook page, asking people to share. Thinking of you
- 2012-08-13 09:12 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Shared on my Facebook page, although not my breed, hope that this will help to get the word spread to others who show from all over the country.
- 2012-08-13 09:06 CrestieP
- I was at the show yesterday and noticed what I assumed to be lots of members of the public wandering around. I left the show at about 2pm and was not checked at all. I had my pass ready as I thought you were always checked. I just drove out without being stopped!!
- 2012-08-13 08:42 Winchy
- tweets sent and fb posts
posted to any dog people i can think of
please make this girl TOO HOT TO HANDLE
will post more
cars were checked on leaving, but lots of comments that not checked that well Last edited: 2012-08-13 08:54:43 by Winchy