Lost: Black And Tan Pinscher Miniature Female In North East (S9)
- Dog ID 41983
- Status Lost
- Registered 09 Aug 2012
- Name SPICE
- Breed Pinscher Miniature
- Gender Female
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Colour black and tan
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars brown front legs and brown marking on chest
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 08 Aug 2012
- Where Lost from home address in Sheffield - Willow Drive, S9 4AT
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area S9
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Last confirmed sighting was at High Hazel's Park in Darnall, Sheffield S9
- Phone 1 07816681740
- Phone 2 07850758743
- Reward? 250 pounds
- Listed By suzyq82
- Views 2514
- Followers 1
- See more dogs Lost in S9
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-05-20 14:04 mazuki5080
- shared on fb group FIND MY DOG - South Yorkshire
- 2012-10-25 16:44 chrissie
- i must add at this point ..that everyone who has a dog chipped needs to be checking the dogs chip no hasnt been changed to a new name and address as this is what happened when my dog was stolen ! AND IT WAS AFTER I WAS CONTACTED BY PETLOG AND ASKED IF I HAD PASSED THE DOG ON TO WHICH BOTH MYSELF AND MY SOLICITOR REPLIED TO.SO KEEP CHECKING YOUR CHIP CO AND MAKING SURE THE CHIP IS STILL IN YOUR NAME .
- 2012-10-10 10:09 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Has anyone got any further news about this little girl, she must be somewhere! Are posters still being put up I wonder? as they frequently get taken down.
- 2012-09-29 21:07 Jan.Petsearchuk
- That is brilliant, I so wish all vets would automatically scan dogs new to them...in this age of technology microchips could be much more useful than they are at present....
- 2012-09-26 15:53 Snoopy
- I agree keep postering and sharing everywhere. If the worst had happened you would have heard about it. She could have been picked up and taken anywhere. I have just read that doglost have a link to microchip scanners so if you give her number here it will be flagged up as on doglost if she is ever scanned.
- 2012-09-15 14:04 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Are the posters still up? you have to keep re-postering and making her hot property, get her in the local papers with photograph, local radio? many people won't know what a min. pin looks like until they see a photograph....don't give up, never give up, she's out there somewhere. Ask local delivery men, postmen, window cleaners, put posters out at school, put posters with photograph underneath car windscreen wipers in local car parks...keep on until you hear something.
- 2012-09-10 20:18 suzyq82
- Still nothing :(
- 2012-08-29 09:00 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Please don't lose faith, dogs have been found months and years after going missing...she is microchipped, this has to work in your favour if anyone takes her to a vet anywhere in the country...please contact all vets with her details. My friends papillon was found after 12 months due to a vets visit...he was an old and sick dog when he was stolen from her secure back garden, sold on but eventually she got him back...please don't give up on Spice.....keep leaving your smells, clothes, hair, dust from hoover bag...anything which will smell like you - around the area....she's got to be out there somewhere!
- 2012-08-28 20:43 suzyq82
- Been out tonight with a BBQ, bacon, chicken etc but no sign. Walked up and down the length of where she was tracked to and called her all the way but nothing. I'm losing faith now.
Thanks everyone for your help and kind words.
- 2012-08-26 16:08 suzyq82
- My bf went out last night to where she was tracked to and left a trail of dog biscuits, trailed some pilchards around in tights and put her bed in a disused building there but food was still there when he went to check this morning. Not been able to BBQ because of weather but I would have thought she would have come for the smelly fish :(
- 2012-08-26 11:10 Jan.Petsearchuk
- That's great news, fry up, BBQ anything to tempt her, if she is anything like my two Min Pins were she will love her food! Keeping everything crossed that she is found soon. Wondered about taking her bed and owners clothing and leave in the same area?
- 2012-08-24 17:36 Owl
- Yes Jan, we were there Tuesday and again yesterday evening. Wispa got fresh scent both days, leading us to the same place but along slightly different paths. It is an area of scrubland where not many people go, with plenty of places to shelter. Her people will be having a fry up to attract her.
- 2012-08-24 11:07 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Have we any further news about this little one? I hope she is home soon.
- 2012-08-21 13:20 suzyq82
- It's about 2-3 miles away from our house.Phebe is coming back through today to see if Wispa can pick up any scent of Spice along where we think she went. I'm wondering if someone has taken her in. I miss her :(
- 2012-08-13 23:37 Snoopy
- How far is the place she was tracked to from your house? Could she be trying to make her way back?
- 2012-08-13 18:49 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thank you everyone for all of your help.
Thank you to Owl and Wispa for your input in tracking.
Sadly there have been no new sightings of Spice- owners are postering and scenting and doing all the right things.
Really hoping for more news of Spice very soon
- 2012-08-13 16:22 Snoopy
- Do you have another dog or friends with dogs she knows who might coax her to come out if she is hiding in the area? Also if you make small playing card size posters, 6 to a sheet of paper then cut up you can leave piles in shops, pubs,bus and railway stations, bus and train seats, that people can pick up and keep with them so they have your contact details to hand should they spot her.
- 2012-08-12 23:55 suzyq82
- Have put my scent where we tracked her too and have left an old vest of mine. Where she was tracked to is a business park so have distributed posters around there and put them in bus stops etc. there's also a rescue centre near there so have given them a poster. My bf works on the railways so he has walked 6 miles today leaving a scent and looking for her. The problem is that she could have crossed over into rotherham and even if she hasn't, the area that she could be in is huge and lots of wasteland so very difficult to check out. We are going around all the cafes tomorrow to leave posters as they're closed this wknd.
Sorry to go on, I'm just worried and missing her and trying to stay hopeful but it's so hard. Thank you for all of your help. You do an amazing job x
- 2012-08-12 21:50 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Have you postered vets, local delivery people like postmen, bread, milk...any delivery people? make her too hot to handle. She is microchipped so there is every chance you will get her back, do not give up hope, many dogs are found months and years after going missing...have you put any of your scent in the area she went missing..your clothes, hoover dust...anything which smells of your family, don't forget to notify the microchip company in case she is taken to a vet or anywhere.
- 2012-08-12 21:46 Snoopy
- Have you informed the railway and postered all the stations on the line?
- 2012-08-12 21:45 Snoopy
- Someone could have picked her up in a car and taken her anywhere. Bet she will escape again if they have. Maybe time to spread the word and poster further a field.
- 2012-08-12 19:56 suzyq82
- Still no sign and no sightings of her since Wednesday. We have spent all day searching and going up and down the railway and waste ground and postering in the areas.
Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is so hard to stay hopeful, the longer times goes on. We are devastated and desperate to know what has happened one way or another :-(
- 2012-08-11 21:38 suzyq82
- I managed to get into the warehouse car park and it just goes all the way down to waste land. The grass there was pretty high so I'm hopeful that she didn't go that way. We have put some more posters up and have been back several times and up and down the path. We left some food out but think the birds ate it. I have also been and 'scented' with my scent the path back to the park. I hope and pray she comes home or at least makes it to the park. No sightings since Wednesday :(
- 2012-08-11 21:22 Owl
- When Wispa and I tracked Spice yesterday, we found a trail which led clockwise around the park, then otu briefly towards the main road before doubling back down a track beside some allotments. Then around the far end of the golf course via a cycle track, and along the same cycle track as far as the business park. I think it likely that Spice will return to the cycle track and hang around it. There is shelter and water. Her people tell me she is brilliant at tracking down anything edible which has been dropped. She may come back to the bins round the cafe in the park.
- 2012-08-11 10:25 Jan.Petsearchuk
- I can only imagine how you feel Suzy but having owned Min Pins, I know what love bugs they are and also how they enjoy the warmth....I hope you get her back very soon. Please remember when you mention places in your area, people are reading this from a wide area and won't know local places (I live on the Derby/Staffordshire borders and do petsearch, I have circulated Spice far and wide). Good luck.
- 2012-08-11 09:42 suzyq82
- We now think she may be as far afield as Tinsley Business Park so please spread the word if you know anyone who works around there.
I'm trying so hard to stay positive but she's so small and not meant for being outside.
I miss her so much :(
- 2012-08-11 06:45 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Never ever give up, dogs have been found years after they went missing...good luck.
- 2012-08-10 22:35 musicmax
- DON'T GIVE UP my lucky was missing 6 days from Wordsworth avenue parson cross and found in shiregreen bottom near to Concorde park it was a poster someone saw in a garage that gave them my details so they could return her i know what your going through at the moment it hurts like hell use these posters aswell as your own stick them in shop windows on street lights put it on Facebook keep searching the day my baby although shes 12 was found i had been searching the shiregreen area for 9 hours then i got a call this website works and i haven't been told to say that it does good luck and i wish you success
- 2012-08-10 13:26 suzyq82
- My next door neighbour has just told me that some kids say they saw her in the park yesterday, however without speaking to the children, I can't confirm this. High Hazels Park is in the Darnall area of Sheffield S9.
I can't thank you enough for all of your help and support. Phoebe is coming through this afternoon with her dog to try and sniff out her scent. Fingers crossed x
- 2012-08-10 13:22 LindseyT
- Oliver's Mount near High Hazel Park is in the S9 area of Sheffield x
- 2012-08-10 11:32 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks Jayne,thanks Owl.
Spice went missing from home on Thursday.
The last reported sighting of her was on Oliver's Mount near High Hazel Park.
Owner has notified all the relevant authorities and been out searching and postering.
Discussed and emailed scenting info and advice.
Please lookout for her and contact owner with any sightings. As Owl says she may well be wary of strangers.
If found,she must be reported to the dog warden, as is required by LAW
Hoping for news of her very soon
- 2012-08-10 11:28 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Lost from home address...so where is home? North East covers a big area and Olivers Mount nr. High Hazel Park mean nothing to those of us out of the area.
- 2012-08-10 11:05 Owl
- This is an ex-puppy-farm girl who has been with her people for a while now but is still going to be shy of strangers, so please bear this in mind.
- 2012-08-10 09:37 Jayne - Head Office
- Alert6s sent out to helpers in S1-14,60,61.
- 2012-08-10 08:01 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Please could poster alerts go out.
Have sent a message for an update and to offer help/advice
- 2012-08-09 20:33
- Sorry to see that SPICE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.