Reunited: Fawn Pug Male
- Dog ID 41890
- Status Reunited
- Registered 06 Aug 2012
- Name ARTHUR
- Breed Pug
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Toy
- Colour Fawn
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Black face mask.
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 06 Aug 2012
- Where Lost Primrose Hill Farm, Gainford, Nr. Barnard Castle, DL2 3QG
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area DL2
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 09 Aug 2012
- Other Info Escaped from Caravan at Hare N Hounds Agility show
- Phone 1 07702004891
- Phone 2 07930859644
- Reward? yes
- Listed By gwen
- Views 1757
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-08-10 11:16 bazil
- Well done everyone, great to see Arthur safely home x
- 2012-08-10 00:13 Owl
- Congratulations to the tracker dogs and their handlers, a job well done.
- 2012-08-09 19:19 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Great news :)x
- 2012-08-09 18:52 millypod
- Good to see Arthur is safe. Well done to everyone involved.x
- 2012-08-09 18:38 allie08
- So pleased he's safe again x
- 2012-08-09 17:01 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Great news that this little boy is safely home XX
- 2012-08-09 16:31 AmyandWispa
- Welcome home Arthur!!
- 2012-08-09 16:28 Jayne - Head Office
- Great news....
- 2012-08-09 16:19 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Delighted to report that Arthur has indeed been found!
Well done to the two girls who found him in the field next to where he had been tracked to last night.They telephoned his owner and he responded to chicken and his siblings!!!! :)))
Well done to his owner who has worked tirelessly to find him.
Huge thanks to all local helpers who have given practical help and support to owner and special thanks to gwen.And big thanks to the dogs who tracked him and helped identify key points to work with.
Thanks Owl for your advice and input too!
Stay safe now lovely boy!!!
xxxLast edited: 2012-08-09 16:52:10 by minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- 2012-08-09 16:14 twinks
- omg thats brill news, is he ok? xx
- 2012-08-09 15:57 bessamour
- Arthur was found this afternoon at 3pm :-))
- 2012-08-09 15:28 twinks
- can anyone comfirm if arthur been found please? xx
- 2012-08-09 13:27 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks gwen.Thanks Owl.
There has been another reported sighting of Arthur this morning.
He was seen on the road heading towards Barwick castle.A driver tried to contain him and he headed towards a play area near the edge of Winston village.
Owner has postered the village and trying to get the spaniels back to see if they can track him again.
everything crossed xx
- 2012-08-09 11:23 Owl
- Sorry Gwen, but a search and rescue dog is not what you need here. Those dogs have a very specific training in finding humans and their particular talents are not what you need here. Stick with tracker dogs! I have been chatting with minigirl about your pug, and am awaiting contact details for some other tracker dogs in your area. The problem is of course that Arthur is nipping through places that a bigger dog & handler can't go, like through corn fields. Stick with scenting, smelly food, cooking bacon on a camping stove, anything to attract him and keep him in one area. I'm inclined to think he will stick to the edges of the cornfields, as there are more places to sleep and rest in the hedges and field corners. Wish we could come and help you but we are a long way away.
- 2012-08-09 10:14 gwen
- Am heading back out shortly to rejoion the field search and visit more farms in the area, we would dearly love ot find a search and rescue dog available for hire. We have had some tracker dogs in the fields but feel that maybe an experienced rescue dog would be what we need to find him. The corn is being cut now in some of the adjoining fields, this is good and bad, if the fields we have seen him in are cut it gives him less hiding points, but worried that he will be too scared or too weak to run from combine, so just hope he is hiding out in the edges rather than in the standing corn. We really need helper on the ground here to help with the filed searches. If anyone can get to the area and spare a couple of hours please ring me for directions.
- 2012-08-09 09:44 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Spoke to owner this morning.
The food in the trap hasn't been touched yet.
Bumping Arthur's page as there was movement in the field last night and some spaniels tracked to the hedges, and neighbouring field.
In the neighbouring field some paw prints and green dog poo were found.
The neighbouring field is VAST and full of high corn.
Come on Arthur- time to give yourself up
- 2012-08-08 20:55 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks gwen.
Have spoken to owner again earlier this evening.
Any more news from the tracker dog who was out earlier?
We are trying to check any other tracker contacts in the area.
Really hoping for news soon
- 2012-08-08 17:43 gwen
- Hi everyone and thanks for the comments. I am Arthurs breeder, his owner is still at the caravan so does not have internet access. WE have a feral cat trap, but no luck with it last night. He has not been spotted at all yet today, we do have more people coming out this evening to help search again. HAve posters up in the 2 nearest ivllages, but not gone further afield yet as he was spotted still in the fields yesterday so we are concentrating our manpower on the actual fields. We have a hound with tracking experience in the field now, and a GSD is coming later. If anyone has contacts details for an actual search and rescue dog who we could pay to come out woudl be very grateful. Have now posted pic of Arthurs brother, they are very similar.
- 2012-08-08 10:58 lhasalover
- A humane trap would be useful if you know he's still around the area, ask around see if anyone can lend you one. Good luck, hope you catch him soon x
- 2012-08-07 13:49 Lankeela
- Lots of people waiting for news! Hope he is soon back safe and sound.
- 2012-08-07 12:31 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Have spoken to owner- Arthur has been sighted again this morning in the cornfields.
Have given advice on tips for scenting the area.
All crossed for more news of him very soon
- 2012-08-07 11:44 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks Jayne
- 2012-08-07 11:23 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in DL1,2,3,4,5,10,11,12,13,14.
- 2012-08-07 09:58 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- thanks liznhar.
There were two sightings of Arthur last night in the fields near the caravan.
I have emailed scenting info/advice this morning.
Everything crossed for more news of him.
xxLast edited: 2012-08-07 09:59:30 by minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- 2012-08-06 22:30 liznhar
- I have copied and pasted the original posting on FB which explains the situation a little more .....Help, anyone in the Barnard Castle area, a pug has escaped from his caravan at the Hare and Hounds agility show Primrose Hill Farm, Near Gainford, Barnard Castle DL2 3QG. Please anyone in the area or who can come to the area, help look for him. He is Fawn and is only 7 months old. Please look out for him his name is Arthur and his owner Marion Cairns is obviously desperate to find him as soon as possible.
- 2012-08-06 22:25 liznhar
- There may be a problem with getting a photo on here at the moment as this pup went missing at an agility show so the owner isn't at home at present.
- 2012-08-06 22:16 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Have emailed and requested a photo