Lost: Black Labrador Retriever Female In Central (SY13)
- Dog ID 41746
- Status Lost
- Registered 01 Aug 2012
- Name HEZKA
- Breed Labrador Retriever
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars 8 years old. Microchipped. No collar.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 30 Jul 2012
- Where Lost A49/Bradeley Green/Whitchurch. Shropshire.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area SY13
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Updated 6.2.13: Hezka is still missing despite extensive searches in the Whitchurch and surrounding areas. We now believe she could be anywhere in the UK. The property Hezka went missing from borders the canal near Whitchurch - were you on holiday on a canal boat at the end of July/beginning of August - she went missing on the day that a canal boat sank in the lock near Whitchurch, resulting in congestion on the canal - do you remember seeing a dog on the towpath? She may have been mistaken for a stra
- Phone 1 07802 535856
- Phone 2
- Listed By Angela
- Views 1916
- See more dogs Lost in SY13
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-02-06 11:55 Angela
- Thanks Albert, it wasn't Hezka, but that lucky girl was reunited with her owner, which is lovely news for them.
- 2012-12-13 22:40 albert
- Have a look at doglost ref 46223. Black lab found today in central region. Similar looks to Hezka.
- 2012-10-17 21:51 Angela
- Thanks Skippy - I don't think this is her, but will send the link to Hezkas owner just in case :)
- 2012-10-16 08:41 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- for reference the labrador posted below by scooby5575 was a male yellow lab which has not been reunited.
You might want to check this one out though?
Bit closer to home this time - there is a female black lab picked up and is currently in Birkenhead kennels:
Kennel Reference: 212028773
Date Found: 15 October 2012
Collar and tag Details: check chain
Where Found: Tranmere,Raffles Road
- 2012-10-12 20:35 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Found this posted on Gumtree in the last hour, doesnt give any details but maybe worth a check x
Wigston, Leicester | Show on map
Get email alerts
Margaret on 07500078468
Found in Wigston. Labrador
- 2012-10-11 19:45 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Beautiful black lab girl reported as found in Dublin today on the animal search site - believed to be have been stolen - there is a photo on the site if you want to take a look:
Found Dog (AFP133287)
Found on Thu 11th Oct 2012
Found dog in Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland
Sex: Bitch (Female)
No collar or flea collar
Neutered: Not sure
Thrown over a back wall
Very well trained lab so sweet must be stolen so want to find her owners
- 2012-10-07 20:32 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Sorry it wasn't Hezka - will keep looking out for her....
- 2012-10-02 22:18 Angela
- Unfortunately it was not Hezka at Manchester Dogs Home, the search continues.
- 2012-10-02 13:28 Angela
- Thanks Skippy, tried ringing Animal Wardens, they said the dog was in Manchester Dogs Home, getting through to them is not easy, I have emailed them and am awaiting a response.
Thanks Jesca - the one at Rhosgoch has been rehomed, but I don't think it was her. Thanks again both.
- 2012-09-30 23:30 Jesca
- 43361 Labrador/retriever found Bodedern area
At Pen y Orsedd Kennels, Rhosgoch
tel no 01407 711444. Photo on site
- 2012-09-24 08:00 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Not a million miles away:
20 Sep 2012
Location: Sale M33
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-09-10 21:08 jollyloluk
- homeless hounds have a black lab girly on
- 2012-09-05 09:06 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-08-22 19:23 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- You sound like you've doing a great job with the boat folk Angela and good that some at least have been helpful. It's time consuning but well worth doing because people notice lots while their going along the canals.
- 2012-08-22 10:36 Angela
- Thanks Sue. Yes I've contacted local marinas, gone through the internet to find magazines, had responses from Canal Boat Magazine (no joy, won't publish it); Towpath Talks and Narrowboats (both brilliant and placed her in mags and website). I have a friend who lives on the canal and will be handing out posters. I've also suggested we contact hire companies and ask if they will send a poster to people who were hiring boats during the week she went missing - this is ongoing.
Jollyloluk - I've been on Homeless Hounds, she does look very like Hezka, I've emailed the organisation but so far have not received a response. I've emailed them again this morning as there is no telephone number for them.
- 2012-08-21 20:26 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Angela have the owners been in touch with any boating organisations? Often people with longboats belong to clubs etc. They may be able to contact their members to make them aware of Hezka.
I'm sending her advert off to the magazine tonight and it should be published in about two weeks time.
- 2012-08-21 17:16 Angela
- Thanks will have a look now.
- 2012-08-21 11:28 jollyloluk
- theres a black lab bitch just been added to the homeless hounds website , look under pound dogs
- 2012-08-17 21:30 Angela
- Thanks for that, I will forward the link to the owners for them to check if it is Hezka. She could literally be anywhere, so all leads are gratefully received.
- 2012-08-16 19:28 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- I know it's up the road a bit, but there is a female black lab listed on the Cheshire West website as found in Chester yesterday - photo on the link below if you want to take a look, although the picture quality isn't great.
- 2012-08-09 23:03 JemHarvs
- Hope u get your girly back soon she's lovely xLast edited: 2012-08-09 23:05:32 by JemHarvs
- 2012-08-08 19:02 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Circulating on twitter
- 2012-08-08 18:27 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Put on Facebook Central and West Mids Shrops & Staffs
- 2012-08-06 22:20 Angela
- Thanks Mena, this is not her. I have put a photo of Hezka on the site which the owner provided me with.
- 2012-08-04 00:51 mena viana
- could this be her????
- 2012-08-03 13:33 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Dog fitting description seen in a confused state in Whitchurch.
- 2012-08-02 10:35 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in SY12,13,14. CW3,5,6. LL13. CH3.
- 2012-08-02 10:30 Jayne - Head Office
- Have put similar dog on as alerts need to go out.
- 2012-08-01 19:41 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks Lizzy - not sure what area it came under.
Owner emailed me back saying he was trying to find a photo of Hezka and will send it to admin as soon as possible.
Fingers crossed Hezka is found soon.
- 2012-08-01 14:41 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-08-01 14:41 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, he has contacted the DW's, local vets, chip company, police. He has also contacted local radio and I have suggested the local paper and also have given him the names of sites on the internet to check. I have strongly urged him to visit the local pound even though he has spoken to them. There is also a traveller site close by but have advised him not to go onto the site but to poster with 'reward' written on but no amount.
- 2012-08-01 12:22 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Yes that's right, it's Central so have changed region.
- 2012-08-01 11:48 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- I wasnt sure where this was so 'googled'. Its Shropshire area.
Sent email with general advice and requesting photo.
- 2012-08-01 10:04
- Sorry to see that HEZKA is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.