Lost: Blue And White Whippet Male In South East (CM3)
- Dog ID 41744
- Status Lost
- Registered 01 Aug 2012
- Name JIMMY STOLEN
- Breed Whippet
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Colour blue and white
- Marks & Scars 6 months old...photo taken when 3 months pld.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 28 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Chelmsford, Essex
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area CM3
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 07852 986072
- Phone 2
- Reward? cash reward
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 6615
- Followers 8
- See more dogs Lost in CM3
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-24 12:44 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you, Sue. Everyone, please remember that Jimmy will be older now so will look a bit different, but check out his markings and he is still a young dog.x
- 2013-04-24 08:34 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news.
- 2013-03-23 21:43 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- No news :-(
- 2013-03-02 14:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Oh my gosh! Yes, you could be right. Thank you! x
- 2013-01-28 22:17 Hev106
- There were three whippets found just after midnight in Gillingham area Kent that are now believed to be in Jasmil Kennels, two of the dogs COULD be jimmy x the three found dogs are posted on the doglost kent fb page x
- 2013-01-21 23:50 cindy
- Could this be 47671? Sorry if it is.
- 2013-01-21 20:55 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see Jimmy is still missing. Hope he is reunited soon with his RIGHTFUL owners.
All xd., and good luck. Keep making him "TOO HOT TO HANDLE"
- 2013-01-14 19:42 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi there so sorry to hear Jimmy has been stolen what a lovely whippet feel so sorry for the owners please let me know if you would like any help with poster ect as like mentioned on here Jimmy may have been moved we have had quite a few dogs go missing near sites KT16 GU areas & have been found or sold back I know quite a few others who would be more than happy to spread the word ect please let me know if you need help & good luck!
- 2013-01-14 15:14 mathers22
- Have put him on facebook again as a follow up to the Telegraph article I put on yesterday. Wish he could be found xx
- 2013-01-14 13:39 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Featured in the Sunday Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/pets/9797749/Dognappings-organised-gangs-behind-a-surge-of-dog-thefts-across-the-country.html
- 2012-09-28 19:42 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jimmy should be in the paper today.
- 2012-09-21 14:37 Jayne - Head Office
- Further alerts sent to helpers in CM4,5,11,12,13,14,15,16.
- 2012-09-21 14:07 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Requesting alerts for Ongar area.
- 2012-09-21 14:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jimmy will be the Ongar area paper next week. We have had a sighting os a similar dog in this area. Possibly being walked with other dogs. We do not know at this point, whether this is Jimmy, but anyone seeing a dog like Jimmy please act discreetly. Call owner and/or us. If it is isn't Jimmy, we can easily and sensitively eliminate the dog from our enquiries. But we really do need to know about it. The location of this sighting is very possible. He could have been passed on. Remember he is about 8 months old now. Thank you. x
- 2012-09-19 21:09 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Please watch for a dog like Jimmy in Ongar/Ingatestone area. Further update shortly.
- 2012-09-19 18:32 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Owner, have emailed you some information that has come into admin about a dog similar to Jimmy
- 2012-08-29 10:35 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-08-15 21:31 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- No news :-) He could have travelled by now. But someone knows where he is. Really, really angry about all this. Poor Jimmy and owner. Owners if you read this please keep postering. Your mission is to make Jimmy way too hot to handle. Put the pressure on them! x
- 2012-08-15 19:45 JemHarvs
- Any news or sightings on little jimmy? Keep looking out for him! x
- 2012-08-14 22:29 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks Sue. Requesting that now. x
- 2012-08-14 19:49 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- If Jimmy is stolen he needs to go on the Countryman's Weekly advert list asap
- 2012-08-10 23:34 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you, Kris. That would be really great. Apparently this was not Jimmy sighted as owners have contacted the person who saw the dog and they say it is a young dog but more like 1 or 2 whereas Jimmy is 6 months. Last edited: 2012-08-11 20:11:22 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-08-10 19:23 kris
- will also pass the info to harlow cops - dog lovers and go on 'sites' regulary xx
- 2012-08-09 21:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Ah, great idea Kris. Crystal moon - absolutely! Notifying owners. x
- 2012-08-09 15:49 kris
- may just be worth putting some posters up around writtle college and the fields behind the shop there - several lurchers have turned up loose on those fields in the last few months - probably using the area for a bit of coursing. we have a greyhound show at braintree sunday - will poster the showground to spread the word. everything crossed for you x
- 2012-08-09 11:04 Crystal Moon
- There’s a young adult grey and white whippet been spotted near Beverly, East Yorkshire. No collar and very scared. ID 41946.
Got to be worth owner checking out.
- 2012-08-08 23:32 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner, try the Blackmore direction one again, nearest Chelmsford. Any ones on concrete areas as opposed to grass areas? Try them. Poster there. Also, Ingatestone and you do need to poster all along the A414 on the telegraph poles etc in the eyeline of motorists on each side of road. x
- 2012-08-06 21:00 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner has spoken to them and another site. She has done well, but sadly still no Jimmy. Police have issued a crime number. That's sadly all we have to report so far. :-(
- 2012-08-05 09:03 JemHarvs
- Just down road from little Waltham so will go with dog out that way and poster and see if we spot jimmy! Is it worth asking traveller sites if they've seen him or are they not too friendly? x
- 2012-08-04 20:54 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you Jamie. This is Little Waltham area so everyone please watch out for Jimmy and also keep a close eye on your own animals. Please can anyone help poster as we need to make him too hot to handle! We are desparate for help with this. Thank you. x
- 2012-08-04 09:51 Jamie Popplewell
- Away till this eve, but out with my Lab tonight at Hullbridge, just across the river, will keep a good lookout, also its low tide at 9pm, posted Facebook also, good luck everyone as usual.
- 2012-08-04 09:35 Jayne - Head Office
- alerts sent to helpers in CM0, ss4,5,11,12.
- 2012-08-03 23:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks Spangles, have requested further alerts. x
- 2012-08-03 21:10 Spangles
- Depends on what area of CM3 but maybe wider alerts could go out, CM3 borders SS postcodes in some directions and other CM postcodes in others, would suggest SS5,6,7,8 to start with x
- 2012-08-02 22:24 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner is having trouble trying to post on here, but she has got a crime number. Hopefully police will now investigate. x
- 2012-08-01 22:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, we need everyone please! Jimmy's farm is next to a "site" and he vanished when in the field next to them after a few minutes. Have advised owner best as I can. Wuzzy, would you be able to pass this new info via Farmwatch/police? Many thanks. Scruffpot, I think we are looking at similar scenario as before. We need loads of posters to make Jimmy way too hot to handle, and with the above info, we all know where we need to poster. This is a baby and we don't want that kind of life for him. Please include the pubs, the A414 and A127 cafes and garages, lay bys, bins, schools, close as possible to all sites, scrap yards, boxing clubs, supermarkets and aggregate/building supply places. Ingatestone, Ongar, Brentwood also need postering (add one for Billy, the border terrier there as well please). Let's go folks! Let's get this baby home! xxxx
- 2012-08-01 19:22 Scruffpot
- Cm3 covers quite a wide area, both North and South of Chelmsford. Can the owner be a little more specific? It would help a lot. I live in that area but could still be miles away from where he went missing.
- 2012-08-01 19:15 JemHarvs
- 2012-08-01 17:08 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Emailed owner. x
- 2012-08-01 16:57 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Need to know how he disappeared? Have texted owner and asked for email addy.
- 2012-08-01 14:38 Jayne - Head Office
- Thanks Wuzzy.
- 2012-08-01 13:42 Wuzzy
- Have emailed details to members of Farmwatch which will include some farmers in the area.
- 2012-08-01 09:20 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in CM1,2,3,4,8,9.
- 2012-08-01 08:29
- Sorry to see that JIMMY STOLEN is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.