Reunited: Tan And Dark Brown Colour Terrier Border Male
- Dog ID 41718
- Status Reunited
- Registered 31 Jul 2012
- Name SCRUFFY
- Breed Terrier Border
- Gender Male
- Age Older Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Tan and Dark Brown colour
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 27 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Birchwood, Warrington.
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area WA3
- Date Found 03 Aug 2012
- Where Found
- Found In Region North West
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 03 Aug 2012
- Other Info He is 8 years old. He's got a dark brown streak down his back. MICROCHIPPED! He is a family pet, who is very much loved and missed! If FOUND he SHOULD be REPORTED to the Council Dog Warden (which is the LAW)
- Phone 1 0844 800 3220
- Phone 2
- Reward? yes
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 1521
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-08-03 19:16 millypod
- So Pleased to see Scruffy is home. Well done team Scruffy you did good.xx As already said there are plenty of dogs in pounds needing homes without stealing other peoples. Stay safe now Scruffy.xx
- 2012-08-03 18:24 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Excellent - great news that Scruffy is home safe. I don't understand why some people think it's ok just to keep a member of someone elses family.....anyway - well done to all especially the poster girls :-))))) - it sounds like they made all the difference!!!! Welcome home scruffy - stay safe and close now!
- 2012-08-03 18:18 Andi
- Excellent news, so glad he is home - can't believe that people were going to keep him!! If they are that desperate for a dog, tell them there are plenty at the rescue shelters!! Welcome home Scruffy - stay safe now xx
- 2012-08-03 18:16 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have just spoken to Scruffy's VERY happy and relieved owner.
They had a call to alert her to a dog which was going to a vets in the area for the second time to try and see if the dog was chipped, at this point no one was sure if it was Scruffy. They went and waited for the people to come in with the dog, the vet scanned him in the resception in front of the two people who had him and scruffy's owner, Scruffy did go running straight up to his owner! and was very happy to see her.
These two people had seen the posters that his owner had put up, they have even shaved Scruffy to try and change how he looked! It seems that they had no intention giving him back!
This shows owners why its so important to get your dogs microchipped! it could of been a whole different story if Scruffy hadn't been chipped! if your dogs not chipped, please seriously think about having it done!!
I and Scruffy's owner would like to thank everyone for all your help with looking for him. A special thank you to Andi for taking the time to print posters off and taking them to his owner, also another special thank you to Dominique Taylor who also printed posters and sent them by post. Your all STARS xxxxLast edited: 2012-08-03 18:18:01 by Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- 2012-08-03 17:38 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have just had a message of Scruffys owner to say he is home, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whoop whoop.
Im just going to phone and will update soon :)
Im really really pleased that Scruffy is back home, made my day. Welcome home Scruffy (((HUS)), stay safe xx - into the Blue you go xxLast edited: 2012-08-03 17:45:48 by Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- 2012-08-02 14:05 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you for the offer millypod, i will keep you in mind if any more are needed :)
Thank you Andi for taking the time to take the posters to Scruffy's owner this morning :)
- 2012-08-02 11:58 millypod
- Hi if you need any more posters printing i dont mind sending some through the post.Admin will have my email address. xx
- 2012-08-02 11:44 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- sorry Andi, i keep missing you - Been busy with Scruffy. Thank you for taking the posters round, appreciate it.
- 2012-08-02 10:52 Andi
- Maggie - have just spoken to the owner and will take her a supply of 30+ posters this morning to get her started x
- 2012-08-02 10:38 Andi
- Before I saw your reply I have just printed a batch of DL posters off here, do you want me to drop them in this morning or not? Let me know either way x
- 2012-08-02 10:37 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I phoned Scruffys owner last night and again this morning!
The have contacted the DW, dogs home, some vets, other rescues in the area and surrounding areas and a couple of other people. They will be putting posters up when they arrive!! I have given them loads of advise by phone and more in email!
He could possibly still be in the area!! please keep a look out for him! if you do see him pls contact his owner straight away!!!
- 2012-08-02 10:34 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Hi Andi, sorry i have been busy with doing a new poster for Scruffy's owner.
Thank you for your kind offer which i really appreciate. I have printed posters off myself and sent them this morning to his owner, they should get them tomorrow morning, also someone else as done the same.
Thank you again for all your help x
- 2012-08-02 09:34 Andi
- If you can email me the poster in a format I can print, I will gladly print a batch off and make the trip to Birchwood this morning, but I would need the poster in the next hour or so to be able to do this. Hope that helps and that Scruffy is soon home x
- 2012-08-01 20:31 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Anyone who lives in the Birchwood area of Warrington or close to it? Owner of missing dog hasn't got a printer so need some kind person who could print one off (when ive made a new one) and take it to her so she can then photo copy it. Also if anyone can then help with putting poster up, putting flyers in letter boxes!! I would really appreciate your help - thank you Last edited: 2012-08-01 20:32:06 by Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- 2012-08-01 20:04 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I've just been on the phone talking to Scrffy's owner. i will update shorly
- 2012-07-31 09:31 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in WA1,2,3,4,13.