Lost: Spaniel English Springer Male In South West (DT2)
- Dog ID 41591
- Status Lost
- Registered 26 Jul 2012
- Name WEDNESDAY
- Breed Spaniel English Springer
- Gender Male
- Build Medium
- Tail Half
- Marks & Scars Had an Embolism when very young so walk with a limp (front right paw scrapes the ground) and sometim
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 23 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Close to Moreton Tea Rooms, Moreton, Nr Dorchester, Dorset. He went into the further river and was swept downstream.
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area DT2
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info River was in full flow due to all the rain we have been having. Was not wearing a collar. Believed to have been chipped
- Phone 1 Mike 07894477106
- Phone 2 Mike 01202 255536
- Reward? £100.00
- Listed By McClintock
- Views 1559
- See more dogs Lost in DT2
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-03-03 19:42 Thecosh
- Just seen on Facebook that Dorset Dog Rescue have found a liver and white springer in Wimborne and from my limited local knowledge I think that the river frome and the river stour (which goes through Wimborne) meet downstream from Moreton so I know it's a long shot but it is worth a call to find out if its Wednesday. Sorry if the link doesnt work. http://www.facebook.com/Dorsetdogrescue/posts/450392898365780
^^ sorry this dogs owners have just been found. Last edited: 2013-03-03 20:02:51 by Thecosh
- 2013-02-10 14:03 Spoony8
- Can't see markings but have you checked out Found in UK and Strayaid as springers on there that have been found x
- 2013-02-08 21:28 glossoplass
- Ok this is very unlikely, but:
Spaniel English Springer
Colour brown white
Marks & Scars limping/red eyes/lethargic
2120 hrs liverpool street railstn- taken by police to battersea dogs homeLast edited: 2013-02-08 21:28:53 by glossoplass
- 2012-09-26 21:56 jollyloluk
- hard to see markings from pic... there are a couple of springers on strayaction.com under strays
- 2012-08-13 11:50 Lilybear
- Thank you Gypsy, I telephoned the owner, he is going to call now, although a long way off he is just so grateful for some news in the hope that Wednesday is still out there somewhere. * Sadly was not Wednesday.Last edited: 2012-08-13 18:14:42 by Lilybear
- 2012-08-12 17:16 Gypsy
- Found Dog
12 Aug 2012 Springer Spaniel
Location: Exmouth EX8
Our Ref: 275740
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-08-12 10:07 Lilybear
- Wednesday, back in Dorset DT2 for a couple of days this coming week. So hoping for some news. Are you and Quivva off on an adventure together??! Last edited: 2012-08-12 10:07:48 by Lilybear
- 2012-08-07 20:17 Lilybear
- Yesterday returned to Dorset. Postered along with Quivva from Lincoln Farm (?) animal sanctuary, Bere Regis, through to Crossways. Spoke with local workmen etc.. so hope there is news soon of Wednesday.
- 2012-07-31 11:02 Bid
- Posters up in Wool,WInfrith, and East Burton which is just downstream of Moreton
- 2012-07-27 20:41 Hopeful
- Thoughts are with u it's just horrible will look out for Wednesday on search for Quivva (bella) x please let them both get home safe x
- 2012-07-27 20:23 County Pet Services
- So sorry to hear that Wednesday is missing, I have contacted my friend that lives in the area.
- 2012-07-27 12:45 Lilybear
- I have just e-mailed the poster link to the Dorchester East Neighbourhood Policing Team, fingers crossed they are able to share and print for their local stations. I hope that by the time I return to Dorset in coming days Wednesday is safe and home.
- 2012-07-27 12:11 Lilybear
- Wednesday, you are in my thoughts. Stay safe, there are good people out there looking for you. Have to head home later but back to Crossways, Dorset in coming days. I will come back with posters.. I will e-mail the editor of The Bridge, community magazine for Crossways, Moreton, Tincleton and Woodsford. They have such excellent contacts: WI, Scout Groups, Allotment Society etc... Fingers Crossed Mr Brewer can help spread the word of your boy. Keep strong. I don't know the area that well, there is an open afternoon at Warmwell Racing Stables, 2 x 4 I think. Great place to circulate posters, sadly I won't be here... I wish you all well.
- 2012-07-26 23:22 digbysmum
- Oh what a worry. I do hope that dear Wednesday will be found, safe and well xxx
- 2012-07-26 22:02 Bid
- I walk in this area , so will put posters anywhere there aren't already some, and spread the word.
- 2012-07-26 18:51 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have spoken to Wednesday's owner and sugested working back up the river from a place where it meets the Frome rather than searching down stream from where he went missing. The fields are still very flooded and it is a fast running river. We are hoping that he may have quicky been swept to a safer place where he could then get out. All the farmers in the area have been notified. Wednesday is not a young dog so please all keep your eyes open for him.
- 2012-07-26 16:49 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in DT1,2,3. BH20.
- 2012-07-26 12:47 AmyandWispa
- Sorry to see Wednesday is missing.
I have put him on my new Dogs Lost and Found UK fan page on Facebook.
Really hope you find him!
- 2012-07-26 08:41
- Sorry to see that WEDNESDAY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.