Lost: Black Cocker Spaniel Female In South East (UB9)
- Dog ID 41563
- Status Lost
- Registered 25 Jul 2012
- Name LOTTIE
- Breed Cocker Spaniel
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars white flash on chest, scar on rear right thigh, lump on end of tail from too much wagging!
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 15 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Colne Valley Country Park, Denham, Bucks
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area UB9
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info A very friendly happy pretty dog who has probably been stolen as cocker spaniels are being targeted by thieves.
- Phone 1 07789 277199
- Phone 2 01753 886599
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By Sue Radford
- Views 2944
- Followers 7
- See more dogs Lost in UB9
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-04 13:40 karen14568
- Good Luck Sue & Family - we have everything crossed for you - will be following and sharing on FB
Karen, Geoff and Jackie xx
- 2013-04-04 10:38 Lynne
- Tweeted and Fb'd. Need to stir things up again. xoxo
- 2013-04-04 09:22 mathers22
- Have put her on facebook again - good luck xx
- 2013-04-04 09:08 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news.
- 2013-03-14 12:15 Sue Radford
- Thanks Karen, I've emailed you. Sue
- 2013-03-04 13:39 karen14568
- Hi Sue - we have missing dog Roxy in similar area to your Lottie - I have some newspaper contacts and a magazine contact that may help with Lottie, as they are our Roxy. E-mail or phone me if I can help in any way
07774 724 797
- 2012-08-23 11:14 Sue Radford
- Hi Shannon, Thanks, I had noticed 42265 but despite desperately wanting it to be Lottie, I just know it isn't. White flash is wrong shape/size, shape of head different, smaller etc. I really appreciate your awareness though so please don't hesitate to flag up any other contenders.
Thanks also to Nik and Charlotte for all your help.
- 2012-08-22 20:20 Shannon
- Could 42265 be Lottie?
- 2012-08-15 09:06 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-08-08 23:01 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Sue, press release went to Uxbridge Gazette & Hillingdon Times.
- 2012-08-06 21:32 Sue Radford
- Thanks so much Charlotte for doing an article; I hope it is published. Would you please tell me to which newspapers have you submitted it please?
- 2012-08-06 17:35 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Charlotte has done a story on Lottie which had been sent over to both local papers. Rather cheekily the Trinity Mirror ad department phoned to flog an ad.
- 2012-07-31 20:43 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Any news? Is there still a car boot at Denham at the weekends? Would be an ideal opportunity to spread the word by handing out fliers there. Any luck with the local newspaper?
- 2012-07-28 18:59 Sue Radford
- Hi Nik, Lottie was last seen near where the Chiltern Line crosses the River Colne in the Country Park. She was happily putting up birds as usual and it adjoins my family farm so she knows her way home, but on this occasion didn't come back when called.
I've been over to the Country Park today putting up more posters and speaking to people as unfortunately I can't get there for tomorrow's fun day due to family commitments. Also been knocking on doors in adjoining houses and leaving flyers with people.
- 2012-07-27 17:30 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Sue, can you give us a more precise location ? Also, SAT's idea about the fair on Sunday is a good one - particularly if a team can be got together.
- 2012-07-27 14:51 SAT
- Sorry, I meant there will be a fair there on 29th July, so it will be a good opportunity to talk to local people and for everyone to see the posters etc.
- 2012-07-27 13:19 Sue Radford
- Thanks Nik for your help and advice. Press in Uxbridge area would be good as she's very unlikely to have traveled upstream as would have to go through family farm en route.
- 2012-07-27 13:04 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- I read on the SO21 page it wasn't Lottie - so sorry x
- 2012-07-27 12:29 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- So sorry it wasn't Lottie. Charlotte will be in contact to do a story which we'll try to get in the Uxbridge/Hillingdon papers.
- 2012-07-27 12:04 Sue Radford
- I went to see the spaniel in SO21 area but she isn't Lottie, just a gorgeous younger lookalike. The search goes on.......
- 2012-07-26 23:48 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Hi Mumstaxi- Owner is off to see the spaniel you have just mentioned in the morning as she thinks it is Lottie, id 41524 fingers crossed for her that it is :)***oops sorry Sammie- i took so long to finish my post(dogs started barking at a loud noise) that i missed yours going on to say the same thing x ***Last edited: 2012-07-26 23:50:50 by ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- 2012-07-26 23:29 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- Mumstaxi - I think if you look on the found page for these dogs Sue has posted on them. So fingers crossed it might be her. I will be very interested as someone posted there was a fair that weekend, and a lot of dogs keep turning up in the SO21 area (which is not far from me, hence I noticed the post)
- 2012-07-26 23:15 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Top part of the Colne Valley Country Park is in Three Rivers. Call DW Debbie Sandling on 01923 776611 so that she can keep an eye open in the Maple Cross area. Also contact the DW for the southern part of the park. Would also suggest you contact the local papers. Contact me at doglostpr@gmail if you need help with that.
- 2012-07-26 22:46 mumstaxi
- hi sorry having trouble with facebook postings, if someone could look on my facebook page my name is thomasina sumner there is a picture of a black spaniel and a terrier which have been picked up together near a travellers site about 60 miles from ub 9 could someone please check the picture while i try and find out who posted it thank you
- 2012-07-26 22:18 SAT
- Hi just a thought, there is the annual fair on Sunday where she went missing. It's bound to attract many visitors and would be a good opportunity to jog people's memory.
- 2012-07-26 15:34 Abbalish
- Report made at BDCH, ref 293231.
have also circulated via FB and Twitter
- 2012-07-26 12:31 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Forgot to mention dog groomers, paper boys/girls and home delivery services (i.e. Tesco, etc)
- 2012-07-26 12:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hi. You say you've notified the vet, but you really nearly to advise as many as possible in the surrounding area as microchips can sometimes move so might not be picked up. I would also suggest trying to get something in the local paper. You really need to make her TOO HOT TO HANDLE. Are there any houses near the country park? Would also be worth asking local sorting office, taxi drivers, bin men to keep an eye out for her. Good luck xx
- 2012-07-26 10:44 SueD
- I've shared her page via Facebook so the news should filter around the Field Spaniel community. Fingers crossed for you.
- 2012-07-25 22:16 Sue Radford
- Thanks so much to everyone for your help. I'm leaving no stone unturned and have contacted all those Barney'n'Ozzie's mum has suggested and spoken to canal residents who have been lovely but have not seen her. Big thanks to Riverlady for doing Twitter and BorderTerrific for posters. Have put up posters in Country Park and in local shops and vet. Also have just had a load of flyers printed so will do rounds tomorrow. Lottie went missing when I was on holiday and being looked after by my mum so only got going on this now I'm back. She's so friendly she'd go off with anyone........
- 2012-07-25 22:07 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- just left a message on owners mobile to alert to the found Cocker spaniel 41524 and they are going to check - working cockers,field spaniels and springers are often mistaken.
- 2012-07-25 19:59 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have you tried Dogs Trust at Harefield and RSPCA Uxbridge, Hillingdon etc? Also Battersea Old Windsor?
- 2012-07-25 18:44 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-07-25 14:28 Aunt Stef - Area Co-ordinator.West London.
- Have spoken with Lottie's owner. There has been no news of Lottie despite posters & local authorities including the police & Battersea being informed. It would appear that Lottie has been taken in by someone who has not informed the authorities. I will be sending Lottie's owner further advice & contact details of who to alert etc . I will put Lottie up on facebook Doglost West London & request twitter.There is a reward for Lottie's safe return.
- 2012-07-25 13:37 BorderTerrific!
- Will put up posters on the canal and by Denham lock, just beside the country park - attracts lots of Dog walkers, can be an effective way of getting their attention!
- 2012-07-25 13:36 Jen
- Not been over there this week, but worth asking on the narrowboats on the canal.Grand Union runs alongside the park,leading across to Uxbridge golf Course. Good luck xLast edited: 2012-07-25 13:37:11 by Jen
- 2012-07-25 13:08 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in UB 7,8,9,10,11. HA4,5,6. SL0,2,3,9.
- 2012-07-25 11:43
- Sorry to see that LOTTIE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.