Lost: Grey / Salt And Pepper Minature Schnauzer Male In South East (SO31)
- Dog ID 41463
- Status Lost
- Registered 22 Jul 2012
- Name SAM
- Breed Minature Schnauzer
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Build Small
- Colour Grey / Salt and Pepper
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars Has one eye
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 19 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Warsash shore / Hook park
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area SO31
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 01489 601198
- Phone 2 07769736525
- Reward? yes
- Listed By Oatesj
- Views 781
- See more dogs Lost in SO31
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-02-03 16:52 Jojo
- 2012-08-25 15:46 Inkie's Mum
- Jacks, just walked Inkie down the field, your poster as you enter from the car park, and the one into the horses field have both gone, and I'm sorry, but I only have paper ones, no laminated ones to replace them with. Have you been down to Solent Breezes and postered?
- 2012-08-14 22:10 jacks
- hi all those looking for Sam we are very grateful. he was wearing a blue collar without a tag it fell off sometime ago but he was chipped. He was getting hard of hearing but he could still hear what he wanted! we have no idea what has happened to him but miss him so much I have been to where we lost him + chilling area most evenings with no joy. i only hope if someone has him that they look after him thanks to all
- 2012-08-13 16:10 MandyJ
- Hi can you tell us if Sam was wearing a collar what colour it was and if it had a tag on it? I am still looking when out with my dogs. I hope he gets home soon. One of my dogs has gone deaf and we didnt realise untill one day she lost sight of me and although I could see her and called her she ran all the way home, it was then we found out she was deaf. Could Sam have tried to go home?
- 2012-08-12 12:02 Inkie's Mum
- Hi been back down the field yesterday and today, checked out "rabbit island" along the right hand side of the path from the gate you entered, in a straight line to the gate to the playing field, but no sign. Have you thought about scenting the area? Empty your hoover bag into carrier bags and spread it along the pathway where you walked, Sam may pick up your scent and show himself. Any help you need, happy to come and assist, let me know on here.
- 2012-08-06 07:08 Maty
- Shared to Schnauzer Forum
- 2012-08-06 06:45 Inkie's Mum
- That's what we were saying, that perhaps he'd been picked up if someone thought he was lost, rather than just dawdling. Then you have to make him too hot to handle... The Daily Echo does a Lost and Found pets in their classified, and I think it's free to list Lost dogs etc. Otherwise, get one of their reporters to come and do an article, anything that will help. I keep tucking posters under car windscreens whenever I park and walk Inkie. So hope he comes home soon. Have you tried the RSPCA? Warsash Sailing Club - lots of them have dogs they walk, and also any of the horse livery fields, girls on horses are higher up and may have seen something. If you need help, let me know.
- 2012-08-05 21:12 jacks
- thanks for all your help. We posted posters in all the houses with the peacocks, checked the field by the road to Solent Breezes checked that road + all hedges with no joy. Sam is a really lazy dog even as a pup so I cant see him walking far. 8 people walked the route we took saturday after he went missing checking all hedges bramble areas etc (they were amazing as we did not know them!)As much as I hate to think of this but I think he has been stolen we have heard of a couple of older dogs been taken and sam did look good for his age. I dont know what else to do we appreciate all that you and all the other people have done to help us. We have not given up but are at a loss as to what else to do
- 2012-08-05 12:49 Inkie's Mum
- Hi Jacks, today (Sunday), we did the same walk you did, with our working Lab, he was in and out of the bushes, but sorry we didn't find anything. We also walked the unmade road where the peacocks are, and tried to check the bank and the wild meadow, it's grown quite high though. Spoke to other dog walkers, all were aware of Sam. Will keep looking x
- 2012-08-04 17:58 Inkie's Mum
- Hi Jacks, I've been down the field Friday and Saturday, walked the perimeter as close to the fencing as I could get, also checked in the little copse as you exit the big field and go into the old Playing Field, but no sign. However, there doesn't look to be any way Sam could have exited the field other than through the gates, or the gate halfway along Hook Lane (the unmade up part), which is where Inkie goes for a drink from around the troughs. Have you been across to the house with the peacocks, and the newly built one next door? Also, the cornfield, could Sam have made his way out and into there? We are walking from Christmas House to Cowes Lane and up into the fields tomorrow morning, so will have a good look for your boy. If you wanted to organise a thorough search and could get perhaps 10 people together, we could do a really good look about, quartering the field and checking the blackberry bush clumps. Was Sam wearing a collar? Could he have snagged it, and would he bark if he was stuck? Have you been down the road that leads to Solent Breezes (off the unmade road//junction with Cowes Lane) as there are some houses down there too. Just trying to think of some other suggestions.
- 2012-08-01 23:24 jacks
- hi Inkie's mum.
We walked Sam up Cowes Lane from the beach into the big field through the gate. He followed us into the field we checked he was with us a couple of times then we looked behind us again and he was gone. we searched the field/s for 3 hours and had no sign of him.
I have put posters in several shops in Warsash and Locks Heath Centre as well as a couple of vets and numerous posters around the immediate area and mailed copies of the posters to most if not all of the houses in Cowes Lane and Hook Park Lane.
Please accept our thanks - to one and all helping to keep an eye out for our Sam - we really miss him so badly and wish with all our heart that he turns up OK soon. Thanks to everyone for their concern and best efforts - we really really appreciate it so much
- 2012-07-31 22:17 Inkie's Mum
- Can Oatesj let us know where they first realised he'd gone missing, as it's a huge area, and it might help to narrow a search area. There are woods, shoreline, reedbeds, waterways and beaches where a little dog could have lost themselves, Warsash has a long shoreline, and so if it was the village end, or the Cowes Lane end, it would help people searching. Lots of people are aware and I put some A5 size posters under windscreen wipers at two locations at the weekend. Spoke to everyone I saw and lots were aware, which is good. Also, the pet shop in Warsash if not already postered, and Pets at Home at Park Gate
- 2012-07-26 16:39 MandyJ
- I came on here hoping to see Sam had been found, I live in Warsash and walk my dogs every day around this area so I will keep looking for him, I really hope you find him soon my heart goes out to you, I have added him to my Face book page too xxxLast edited: 2012-07-26 16:41:39 by MandyJ
- 2012-07-26 15:39 milliemoo
- Just wanted to say that I got a poster put up at Richmond Hydrotherapy (Brook Lane) and also Annette from Hamble Hounds has put it out in her newsletter. I really hope that Sam is found soon. We walk often in this area and will continue to look for him.
- 2012-07-25 15:09 Oatesj
- Hi guys,
Unfortuantely sammy is still missing just wanted to say thankyou in your ongoing help to bring him home
- 2012-07-24 22:17 mosspage
- maybe worth a look
24 Jul 2012
Location: Eastbourne BN22
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-07-22 22:05 Inkie's Mum
- Seen the posters around the shore dog walking entrances and gates, they also say that Sam is deaf, so wouldn't necessarily hear people calling him. I walk there at least four times a week, so have been keeping my eyes open. He's quite elderly too, according to their posters.
- 2012-07-22 14:46 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in SO30,31. PO14,15.
- 2012-07-22 14:19
- Sorry to see that SAM is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.