Lost: Light Grey Weimaraner Female In Wales (CF72)
- Dog ID 41456
- Status Lost
- Registered 22 Jul 2012
- Name DUSK STILL MISSING
- Breed Weimaraner
- Gender Female
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Light Grey
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars Has an old scar going from flank to belly, have to look closely to see it. Quite a stocky weimy but
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 21 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Disappeared from Brynna Woods along with a 9 month male weimy at noon
- Lost In Region Wales
- Lost In Post Area CF72
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Dusk went missing along with our 9 month male weimy. Dusk can be a stressy girl if seperate from her family and in new situations. She can also be wary of people mainly men. The pup follows her everywhere and I'm hoping they are still together. Contact anytime of day or night. Picture 1 is the pup at a younger age.
- Phone 1 01443 238261
- Phone 2 07724 958369
- Reward? yes
- Listed By Doggydusk
- Views 3341
- See more dogs Lost in CF72
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-01-07 10:37 RCPersse
- No sightings at all 4paws :(
- 2012-12-26 16:02 4paws
- Checked with hularescue as Dolly female adult weimaraner up for
rehoming but chipped as Dolly a while ago so not Dusk.Last edited: 2012-12-26 16:02:37 by 4paws
- 2012-12-15 18:52 4paws
- Is there anything to update on these 2 dogs.. Any sightings at all?Last edited: 2012-12-17 12:58:01 by 4paws
- 2012-10-21 20:01 RCPersse
- Have all CF postcodes been contacted??? If not - please cover Cardiff. I was in Cardiff when someone was taking great interest in my poster in the car window.....face looked like they had something to possibly say - but they had gone by the time I got there and wouldn't look at me when I was rushing back over the road.
- 2012-10-12 17:06 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Might be worth a look in case Dusk has been picked up and sold on:
- 2012-09-11 17:07 LESLEYL
- Between J34 + J35, there were steep banks at side of the motorway. I was travelling westbound.
- 2012-09-11 17:05 LESLEYL
- The dog I saw near the motorway was alongside it on the steep banks and it ran up the bank, back into the fields. Didn't notice if it was docked, sorry.
- 2012-08-31 18:08 Doggydusk
- Hi, thank you for the link, unfortunately is isn't DD :-( xx
- 2012-08-31 17:47 RCPersse
- Check the one on here http://www.lostandfounddogs.co.uk/lost-found-dogs
- 2012-08-22 17:58 RCPersse
- I put some posters up at bus stops in Bryncae - but didn't go as far as Pencoed. There is a garage etc down that way. Hopefully they saw something too x
- 2012-08-19 16:51 Doggydusk
- really! did it actually go on to the motorway down by J35? any idea if it was docked or not? think best get some posters up down there. I hope to god they didn't go on the motorway. thank you x
- 2012-08-17 13:54 LESLEYL
- Saw a dog fitting the description alongside the M4 near Brynna area back in July - the dog ran back into the fields alongside the motorway.
- 2012-07-29 10:22 RCPersse
- Yes it was Ruth handing flyers out. She lives in the next road to us. We are all thinking of you and doing what we can. xx
- 2012-07-28 16:13 Doggydusk
- Hi, thanks so much again for the support. I rang the wildlife trust (I think it is) which own the woods to report it and they were going to get back to me but I haven't heard anything yet. Strange about the Jack Russell too. Ours went missing by the crater just along from the pond on the bottom path below the entrance from Maywood. I can't imagine our dogs running into the mine entrance as we walk past it all the time and some are sealed off. I'm going to give them a ring on Monday again, I can't think of any other holes etc that they could get into as the pup is even scared of tractor tyres left on the floor. The girl you prob seen is my friends daughter who works for the dogs trust she's been so helpful. I haven't been able to do much the back end of the week as have been working but out in full force again today. Just can't get head around how they went so quick. xx
- 2012-07-27 17:13 RCPersse
- Not sure. Hopefully they will come on here and see this. I saw a local girl with more flyers to hand out to people today. Everyone is trying really hard around here. The dogs are well known by everyone who walks the woods. Will take my dog down tomorrow and go off track if we get chance when we get home from a show.
- 2012-07-27 16:28 Caro
- I have been thinking about mine workings too as the area is riddled with them. Has the owner tried scenting too or taking out another dog they may know in case it could pick up the scent? Wishing them all the luck to be found.
- 2012-07-26 22:18 RCPersse
- Flyers were handed out in the woods this evening with this photo on. Given to dog walkers etc. A lot of people seem to be aware. Hope you have good news soon. I currently have 10 posters spare at the mo in plastic pockets of anyone wants them as am a bit tied up tomorrow x
- 2012-07-26 17:18 RCPersse
- So according to this link......from what I can work out......Brynna wood is sat on a mine??? http://www.welshcoalmines.co.uk/forum/read.php?2,2940
- 2012-07-26 16:52 RCPersse
- Still missing. Have been out postering with the doglost posters & tried to weatherproof them & have one in the car window, which was receiving plenty of attention. Even went over to Llanharry just in case. I don't know where the community centre is though/??? Oddly on my travels.......I discovered that a 15 year old JRT went missing from the same woods on Monday!! Would anyone be able to search off track in the woods?? Am thinking that they are on top of old iron mines??? Or am I wrong? Maybe the fire brigade could help? They were very helpful with a JRT that went missing a couple of years ago locally.
- 2012-07-24 22:49 Chrissie
- Hi, are the owners aware that there is a public footpath running through the woods that comes out right along side Bryncae community centre??
- 2012-07-24 22:47 Chrissie
- Hi, are
- 2012-07-23 18:58 Doggydusk
- Thank you so much, I'm trying so hard to remain optimistic and I know it's only been 2 days but it's so hard. Have postered all around brynna and will go further afield tomorrow. It's just too quiet without them both x
- 2012-07-23 15:54 RCPersse
- Have text owner re Porth Animal RescueShelter and also Cynllan Lodge Kennels. Lot of doggy people go there for training etc too. Have spread the word with local friends via facebook and posted in http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/234159730005812/ & http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/149727775107163/ & the Llangeinor Hunt pages too. Will head over that way shortly x
- 2012-07-23 10:01 Caro
- Hi I will poster the park in Talbot Green this evening. Lots of pooch walkers pass through enroute to the woods around. Paws crossed this lovely pair come home soon. Caro x
- 2012-07-22 21:11 Doggydusk
- Hi Ros,
Thank you I will contact you now regarding that list. I've tried dogs trust, crofts kennels, Llangeinor Kennels, Rhondda Cynon Taff Council, Cardiff dogs pound. I've put posters up (although some have come down but more will go up tomorrow) I've talked to dog walkers and local dog showers and breeders and hunters, been round local stables asking riders to keep their eye out. Have contacted the police and network rail as there is a line nearby and put a message on the radio. Am just praying it's what you mentioned and someone will maybe contact vet or something tomorrow. I just can't understand how both disappeared so quick and they have excellent recall and don't like to loose sight of you. Many thanks Vickie.
- 2012-07-22 16:42 Ros
- Hi, Obviously being Sunday there's not much you can do in terms of ringing around dog wardens etc but have you got all the contact details you need for the area? Croft Kennels is probably the holding kennels that would be used.
When our dog went missing she was being looked after by someone reluctant to hand her over to a pound and we got her back after they saw the posters. I think I still have an email with all the useful contacts on so if you want that email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll forward it. I'm limited as to how much I can do to help practically as have a new baby but my husband is a keen cyclist so if they are still missing tomorrow I'll ask him to go out that way. Good Luck.
- 2012-07-22 11:45 Doggydusk
- Thank you words can't say how grateful I am. They have been reported stolen with South Wales Police as it was odd the way they disappeared
- 2012-07-22 10:38 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in CF31,35,36,37,38,71,72,61,62,63.
- 2012-07-22 07:47
- Sorry to see that DUSK STILL MISSING is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.