Lost: Black German Shepherd Cross Male In South East (KT24)
- Dog ID 41433
- Status Lost
- Registered 21 Jul 2012
- Name JACO
- Breed German Shepherd cross
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars White on chest
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 21 Jul 2012
- Where Lost West Horsley, Surrey, KT24
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area KT24
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Jumped over garden fence. The area has lots of farm land close by. He is of a skinny build, wearing a white collar with silver studs. Jaco is a rescue dog
- Phone 1 01273959639
- Phone 2 01483 280860
- Listed By vicky
- Views 2717
- See more dogs Lost in KT24
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-08-17 18:31 doglady
- alpha you talk as if you know more? yes dogs are put into rescue with chips but it is followed up to see if the owner wants the dog or not..some say they moved the dog on but the owner should be contacted If they can be.And if this person you say got e-mails to the fact they wanted the dog gone..You would still need that owners consent ie they have to sign the dog over. or if the dog is in a council pound or other holding and the 7days are then fair enough but when you have a owner looking for there dog only to find it was put into rescue with out consent then question should be ask if the right actions was taken. If anyone can prove this dog was put into rescue with the full owners consent then I will apologies but as it is they haven't. Last edited: 2012-08-17 18:45:20 by doglady
- 2012-08-16 21:24 alpha
- doglady I find your post disgraceful.... as you put it 'they may have caused this dog to have been lost' what rescue would want a dog to be missing...
It's so sad how some people are to quick to point the finger at others and believe the things they hear or read...
The so called friend as you have put it, has emails from the owner asking for help, and if she could not help, the owner would dump Jaco at a rescue centre..
There are people that have their dogs/pets chipped that dont care unfortunately, There are many cases of dogs in pounds & rescue centres that are chipped but not wanted by there owners..
Where-ever Jaco maybe, I hope he is safe and found soon!! Last edited: 2012-08-16 21:29:13 by alpha
- 2012-08-16 14:55 doglady
- This is disgraceful...WHO IS THIS RESCUE DO WE KNOW?????????? they may have caused this dog to have been lost and also the so called friend...Is anyone in the area making sure that posters are up dated? Lets hope this poor dog is found safe and sound I'm filling very sorry for this owner who if she didn't have cared would not have had this little one chipped...or would not be trying to find the dog.
- 2012-08-15 19:37 PaulaK
- Have been in touch with Jackos owner today, he was passed on to rescue by a "friend" who was supposed to be looking after Jacko without owners consent. She was under the impression he was fine and wasnt aware he was missing until a few days ago. Desperately wants to know where he is so all help searching for this boy is appreciated.
- 2012-08-15 17:12 vicky
- still missing.. come on Jaco show yourself.
- 2012-08-02 13:09 PaulaK
- Awww come on Jaco show yourself to someone
- 2012-07-31 09:38 Pete the Dog
- I have EMailed poster to Surrey Wildlife Trust. Even if they cant put it up, the rangers will be well aware. I will patrol the Merrow area today...
- 2012-07-30 09:12 vicky
- Hi Paula, foster mum was out looking in the Merrow area on the night a black dog was spotted... was no sign of him when she arrived.
- 2012-07-29 13:41 PaulaK
- Has anyone called Vicky??
- 2012-07-27 20:04 hhug
- ***Possible Sighting of Jaco at 6:30 this evening outside number 40 Patridge Way in Merrow, man said there was a black dog standing in the road, is anyone local?Last edited: 2012-07-27 20:09:39 by hhug
- 2012-07-25 20:54 UK
- Hi Vicky, Just an idea I am not sure if anyone has already asked whether it is possible to put up DL Posters up at Sheepleas both Shere Road and St Mary's? - I will ask if there isn't already a poster up in Newsagent in E Horsley whether they will very kindly put up a Jaco Poster. Good Luck in finding Jaco
- 2012-07-25 13:15 vicky
- Still no sign of Jaco... local vets have been mailed, gamekeeper is aware, posters are up.. people out looking.. come on Jaco show yourself!!
Thanks Pete the Dog
- 2012-07-24 16:04 Pete the Dog
- Guildford Borough dog warden aware and eyes peeled. Posters going up as and when... (owners never called us to report Jaco as missing i believe... not taking it personally!) Fingers crossed he will turn up soon.
- 2012-07-22 15:20 janiejewel1649
- Hope Jaco is reunited soon. He`s gorgeous. Paws and fingers xd.
- 2012-07-22 12:11 vicky
- Thank you Bosun's mate.. yes that the correct area, Jury farm Ripley Lane.
Foster mum has been looking but no luck as of yet.. she has contacted the local police station & I believe she has notified the gamekeeper.
- 2012-07-22 11:03 Bosun's mate
- I think the postcode is Jury's Farm/Ripley Lane area but if there are any more details on location, it'd be good to know. We are planning a walk on the public footpaths through Jury's Farm in a short while so will keep our eyes peeled. As the poster mentions, this area is rural with farm land either side of Ripley Lane so lots of ground to cover. Will drop a poster in to local gamekeeper on our walk.
- 2012-07-22 10:28 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out.
- 2012-07-22 08:29 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- yes it is South East,i've change it :)
Thank you Saza :)
- 2012-07-22 07:34 Saza
- Think this should be in south east section. Hope he is home soon.
- 2012-07-21 17:48
- Sorry to see that JACO is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.