Reunited: Black Lurcher Female
- Dog ID 41432
- Status Reunited
- Registered 21 Jul 2012
- Name BESS
- Breed Lurcher
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour black
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Black bitch with white marks on paws,going grey on lower jaw.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 17 Jul 2012
- Where Lost A village in the preston area
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area PR4
- Date Found 10 Oct 2012
- Where Found Preston
- Found In Region North West
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 10 Oct 2012
- Other Info Was stolen out of a kennel at 4am tuesday 17th july,a dark coloured people carrier was used,and a man was seen putting the dog in it!
- Phone 1 07818412811
- Phone 2
- Reward? reward offered for safe return
- Listed By blackworm
- Views 2044
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-12 11:18 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Brilliant news x Stay very safe now Bess xx
- 2012-10-11 21:12 SH
- So pleased, stay safe now xxx
- 2012-10-11 09:28 Meru
- Fantastic news! Welcome home Bess - stay safe and close now lovely girl xx
- 2012-10-11 08:38 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thrilled to see Bess in the blue!!
- 2012-10-10 22:25 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Fantastic news blackworm - so pleased you got your girl back. Stay safe now Bess! :)xx
- 2012-10-10 22:21 mathers22
- That's absolutely brilliant - well done everyone xx
- 2012-10-10 20:23 AnnieSparky
- Fantastic news lovely Bess is back home safely, am so pleased for you xx :)
- 2012-10-10 20:04 millypod
- Well done to everyone involved in getting Bess home.xx
- 2012-10-10 20:01 janiejewel1649
- Brilliant news. Am really thrilled for Bess and her family. Stay safe now beautiful Bess, where you belong:-)xxxxxx
- 2012-10-10 19:36 blackworm
- She has been returned to her owner,but we are still looking for the thief.....(wink)
Thanks very much for all you help,you all deserve a big pat on the back.
- 2012-10-04 22:28 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- we will keep looking blackworm....if you need alerts to go out to a different area, best to email admin
- 2012-10-03 19:39 blackworm
- She could be in wales now as ive had some info,please keep looking,thanks very much.
- 2012-10-03 19:37 blackworm
- Thanks Annie but that isnt Bess.
- 2012-09-19 19:44 AnnieSparky
- Have sent text to number on poster about found Lurcher below.......just incase x
- 2012-09-18 22:18 AnnieSparky
- Black Lurcher photo on Cheshire West website, says male but markings are so similar to Bess though it worth checking to make sure:
Type: Lurcher (D)
Date: 12 September 2012
Found: Ellesmere Port
Rehousing Date: 24 September 2012
Telephone: 0300 123 8 123
- 2012-08-29 15:48 blackworm
- Thanks for the help ladies,but the dog below wasnt bess.
- 2012-08-24 06:44 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Bess's owner is going to call about the found dog below today.
Fingers crossed x
- 2012-08-23 19:19 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you Skippy i will pass on to owner, thank you for looking out for Bess
- 2012-08-20 22:35 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- There is a Black female Lurcher with white on her chest (and a little white on paws) on the Cheshire West Website - picked up in Frodsham on Saturday 18th
- 2012-08-19 22:25 blackworm
- Thanks ladies,she is still missing.
- 2012-08-19 09:21 AnnieSparky
- Thanks for checking Majorjet...hope poor unwanted Reggie gets a nice home and hoping Bess is found soon x
- 2012-08-19 01:04 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks AnnieSparky for looking out for Bess you are a star. The one in the Pound is an unwanted, microchipped and name is Reggie, so will not be Bess. If you click on the pics on the Wirral Pound site you will get more details.
Kennel Reference: 212021770
Date Found: 10 August 2012
Collar and tag Details: greyhound collar
Description: Greyhound, black, white on chest, 3 years, 'Reggie', microchipped Reggie needs to be an only pet as does not mix with dogs it doesn't know and he doesn't like cats
- 2012-08-18 11:55 AnnieSparky
- Photo of dog in Birkenhead Council Kennels similar to Bess...does state male but people tell me sometimes listing errors occur:
Kennel Reference: 212021770
Date Found: 10 August 2012
Collar and Tag Details: greyhound collar
Description: Greyhound, black, white on chest.
Council Kennels Telephone:0151 606 2003Last edited: 2012-08-18 11:59:44 by AnnieSparky
- 2012-08-16 08:26 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Sue for putting her in CMW, hope it brings some sightings. x
- 2012-08-15 09:07 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-07-29 11:47 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Got the photos blackworm and have also attached the two dogs that skippy is referring to (thanks!)
- 2012-07-29 10:42 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- There are a couple of black and white lurchers on the new strays page that Leigh dogs home have, both picked up in the St Helens area.
The first (St Helens ref 1841) has too much white on the face to be Bess I think - the second (St Helens ref 1798) I think probably has too much white on the front paw, but you might want to take a look for yourself.
Hope Bess is back with you soon.x
- 2012-07-29 01:41 blackworm
- Susan,i have forwarded you the only 2 pictures i have,thanks very much for your help,and everyone else.
- 2012-07-28 17:51 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Blackworm, have you got a better picture of Bess? If so can you email it to me and I'll get her an advert in The Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-07-28 13:59 AnnieSparky
- There's a picture of that poor dog on the Leigh Dogs and cats home website too...in the "stray gallery"
Theres another Black Lurcher in the "adoption gallery" under name of Sea Urchin.
Phone: 01942 671215
- 2012-07-27 18:15 kath
- Can you checK thE st Helens star. Article and picture of a lurcher found dumped doesn't say if male or female. Dog had been stabbed but is making a good recovery and is now in Leigh cats n dogs home x
- 2012-07-25 19:04 blackworm
- Thanks for that Benj,it isnt her though!
She has got a white flash on her chest.
A little bit more info,the man seen putting her in the people carries is discribed as jocky like,short slim build,he was also seen in the area 2 week before with another man,in the same vehicle.Last edited: 2012-07-25 19:05:29 by blackworm
- 2012-07-25 11:58 Benjielad
- No mention of white chest so this probably isn't her but thought i'd put this on for checking: Katie at Hyndburn Strays in Need: http://www.hyndburnstraydogsinneed.co.uk/index.php?menu=strays
- 2012-07-21 21:57 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- This seems very unlikely, but is there any chance Bess could have been mistaken for a 'Dark Brown Whippet'? There was a post on the 'Lost and Found dogs Preston and fylde areas' facebook page on 17th July as follows:
Ribbleton, Preston... Dark brown Whippet, very friendly, found wandering on Ribbleton Avenue today contact Andy 07922 109933
Bit of a stretch I know, but it may be worth trying to get her details posted on that facebook page anyway. Hope she turns up soon.x
- 2012-07-21 21:29 blackworm
- Thanks Jayne.
- 2012-07-21 17:52 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in ALL PR postcodes as village not named.