Reunited: White / Tri Shih Tzu Female
- Dog ID 41385
- Status Reunited
- Registered 20 Jul 2012
- Name TEDDIE
- Breed Shih Tzu
- Gender Female
- Age Young Adult
- Build Small
- Colour White / Tri
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Black tips to her ears. 14 months old.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 18 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Castlemorton Common, Malvern, Worcestershire.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area WR13
- Date Found 07 Sep 2012
- Where Found Returned by someone 12 miles away who had bought her at a fair and was told that they would have the pedigree papers posted and never got them. They paid £350 for her! The daughter then saw he
- Found In Region Central
- Found In Post Area GL20
- Date Reunited 07 Sep 2012
- Other Info Teddie was with me one minute in the garden at our house and the next minute she had totally disappeared. We live in the middle of Castlemorton Common. Teddie is 14 months old and is a loving member of my family. PLEASE help me find her. If you have any info please call me on the number below. Thank you.
- Phone 1 01684 833304
- Phone 2
- Listed By Alin
- Views 2824
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-09-09 13:43 emmalouise
- Pepsi- I'm sure your family could provide a wonderful dog for a dog that is actually homeless, please consider a nearby rescue or one like Many Tears has dogs in foster all over the country and have a lot of shih tzu type breeds!
- 2012-09-08 21:23 janiejewel1649
- Yes. Well done Pepsi, and I do know how difficult this must have been for you to do. But you have done the right thing: you have made one family very, very happy. Am so thrilled that Teddie is back where she belongs. Stay safe now Teddie:-)xxx Keep us posted
- 2012-09-08 20:10 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- What wonderful news that Teddie is home safe and well. Well done Pepsi for coming forward once you realised that she may be stolen....I fear that many many people are unaware of how widespread dog theft (or not returning of lost pets) has become, and so fall foul of the conmen selling on these much loved pets.
Very pleased that Teddie is back where she belongs and Pepsi, I hope your family find an equally lovable family member again soon.x
- 2012-09-07 22:25 jobadger
- So pleased this girl is home. How very upsetting for the family who bought her - but what a lovely honest thing to do in returning her. There are still nice people out there. xx
- 2012-09-07 19:21 Laraine
- Alin - so pleased you have got your girl back - brilliant news and a good start to the weekend. Speak to Pip Singleton who is the Warden for our area - lovely lady who I am sure will be interested in your story.
Pepsi - well done you for having the courage to return her to her owners, I know how quickly you can become attached to a dog, hope you get a new one soon to replace her - look on the Many Tears website, they have a number of similar dogs for re-homing.
- 2012-09-07 19:19 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks for explaining Alin. It is often impossible to say exactly what has happened to a dog or how many times they've been sold on in the time they've been missing before they hopefully end up with someone who realises that they in fact have a missing dog and come forward.
We're all glad that Teddie is back home and it's also good to know that she's been loved and looked after by someone until now.
Pepsi thank you for doing the right thing and I hope you find another little dog to add to your family real soon XX
- 2012-09-07 19:00 Alin
- I would just like to confirm that I have spoken with Pepsi and as I explained to her that in an effort to let people know how easy it is to be scammed I have have inadvertently laid the blame at Pepsi's door which was not my intention. Both Pepsi and I have been put in a dreadful situation as a result of a scam. We together are trying to make people aware of how easy it is to be conned and how devastating the consequence. Pepsi's family had grown attached to Teddie and obviously I was mortified that she was stolen. I have reiterated to Pepsi how truly grateful I am that she returned Teddie and I am going to put the Dog wardens in the area in contact with her if I can persuade them to look into this as we never would wish anyone else to go through this. My apologies to Pepsi again.
- 2012-09-07 19:00 walkingt
- Its brilliant that Teddie is back - well done pepsi
- 2012-09-07 18:44 Owl
- 2012-09-07 18:07 pepsi
- First of all Alin it wasnt a story!! unbelievable i know how stupid were we to have bought her i never asked you for the money back im out of pocket and as a whole family we are all upset by this especially my children because of losing her and bein calledd liers by all of you but i suppose thats what you get for being honest i wish i hadnt of bothered now
- 2012-09-07 18:03 Alin
- Just to update you all. When the vet scanned Teddie (although I was in no doubt nor were my cats who hate new dogs and leave home!) we couldn't find the chip. He scanned with two different scanners and eventually decided that as the story was a bit far fetched it might have been a scam and they are skilled at locating and removing chips!! anyway have a new one now. Interestingly my chip started 985 which is not far removed from the batch that was reported. Thanks for all the lovely comments. I cant the remember when I was so happy - sad I know.......
- 2012-09-07 17:40 Maggie
- What wonderful news. Unless Teddie learns to talk you'll never know the true story. You must be so very happy to have her back with you. The £350 is irrelevent & whoever is the guilty party will get their 'reward' later in life. Just enjoy Teddie.
This also gives hope to other people who are still looking - never give up.
- 2012-09-07 17:29 Jackie
- So happy you have Teddie home again....hope she soon settles back into her normal life again...xxxx
- 2012-09-07 16:25 Angelmort
- 2012-09-07 14:23 Jayne - Head Office
- Great news...
- 2012-09-07 13:41 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- OMG Alin, I'm so pleased that you have Teddie back!!!!
- 2012-09-07 13:28 Alin
- I cant believe how luck I am the people were very nice but gutted that they had been sold someone elses dog! It was so fortunate that their daughter found the Lost Dog ad on the internet and they plucked up courage to ring me. Not totally convinced about the story but if my insurance pay up I will give them their £350 back. Hooray
- 2012-08-27 10:23 Laraine
- I agree with you Alin. If there had been a sighting then it would make sense to organize a search, as the area would be whittled down. It would be almost impossible to group search the whole area the sniffer dog mapped out. I walk the common each day, and I have a scenthound and two spaniels who are constantly diving in and out of the undergrowth, so fairly certain she is not holed up in the Hollybed/Golden Valley area. I think all dog walkers are aware that she is missing, with that and all your posters I think any sighting would have been reported to you. If she had gone down a rabbit hole, then the sniffer dog would have possibly found her, if not she would have lost enough weight by now to be able to get out. It is the lack of sightings that is worrying, and that is what makes me think that someone has taken her. Fingers crossed they take her to a vet at some stage, and the vet is the sort who routinely scans new patients!! I feel so sorry for you it must be so distressing not knowing what has happened.
- 2012-08-22 23:16 Maggie
- I'm so sorry you haven't any news about Teddie, it must be very difficult for you. I know the common is a big area, but if you would feel happier trying a group search why not 'go for it'. If you decide to do this I'm sure the more experienced people at Dog Lost will give advice and 'bump' Teddie to get her back on the first page. I'm still happy to join a search and will keep any eye on Teddie's page.
- 2012-08-22 11:09 Alin
- Well it is 5 weeks today and still no Teddie. I guess that my only hope is that someone has her and she will end up at a vets at some point. I am not sure where we would conduct a group search as the area is so big. I have a horrible feeling that if she got stuck somewhere she just couldn't get home. I call every night and we still are walking the area most days. Thanks to everyone for there help.
- 2012-08-08 13:45 MSPickles
- Oh no what a shame.
My thoughts are with you and hope Teddie is found soon. If you do change your mind about a group search, please let me know too.
- 2012-08-08 07:56 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- That's a shame Alin but like Maggie says, you know that people from all areas are looking out for Teddie.
- 2012-08-07 20:26 Maggie
- What a disappointment. At least you know that people further afield are aware of Teddie. Try not to give up hope.
We are thinking about you and Teddie.
Sounds as though you have decided not to go for a group search, but if you change your mind let us know.
- 2012-08-07 18:31 Alin
- Had my hopes raised today when Swindon dog warden rang to say they had a very dirty Shih Tzu who looked very similar to Teddie. Swindon is 60miles away, however just when my husband was going to look (he works there) the dogs owners turned up. Big blow
- 2012-08-06 21:34 Owl
- Thanks for update, sorry to hear no sightings as yet. I believe she is simply lost and will be keeping a low profile probably not very far from habitation.
- 2012-08-06 17:14 Alin
- Hi All, still no news on Teddie. I have been checking food and T-shirt with no luck. Spoke to my vet who says that it would be almost impossible to search the common effectively as it is so big. If she got hurt there are a number of predators who would strip her carcass clean. I just hope she is lost and will eventually show herself. Again a big thank you to all who are still keeping their eyes open.
- 2012-08-02 10:42 MSPickles
- Still checking in for news of Teddie.
If she isn't back by the weekend and you decide to do a group search let me know and I shall come over with my 2 springers. Hopefully this won't be needed xx
- 2012-08-02 09:12 Alin
- Last night I put down food and old T-shirt surrounded by sand as per Owl's instructions. Went back this morning and the only thing which had been around was the owner of the house who hadn't read my notice! I have left everything there and will go down and do a barbeque tomorrow.
Thanks Maggie for searching but as you say the common is so big its difficult to know where exactly to start!
- 2012-08-01 15:58 Maggie
- I didn't realise how big the common is! I've walked with my dog round part of it, the chances of me spotting anything is small, but if we were close to Teddie my dog would know. We didn't see anything. There are so many places she could be hiding, are you considering a group search?
She wouldn't have any problem surviving on the common, would she?
I'll walk over there when I can.
Don't give up hope.
- 2012-08-01 07:51 Alin
- Its two weeks since Teddie went and still cant find her! Walked most of the 8 mile figure of eight with think she has gone on yesterday but nothing yet. Going out again around the burnt out farm first think then will head up to the quarry later today
- 2012-07-31 15:12 Alin
- Yes we have been round and through there several times. Been out twice today but with no luck. Many thanks for your help
- 2012-07-31 09:47 Laraine
- I have spoken to as many dog-walkers as I could find today and told them the route the tracker dog took. One lady asked if you have searched the burn't out farm in the dip below Berrow Downs - no-one is living there at he moment, and work is not due to start on it until Oct. so it would be a safe, dry place for Teddie to hide in during the day.
- 2012-07-30 19:49 Alin
- We stared well today walked down New Road to B4208 opposite Robin Hood, turned left up to Pheasant and left again hugged the farms back up towards Gullet Quarry. We then crossed Plough Road and around Brickland Cottage going left and back out onto New Road. We the crossed over to Hollybed Street and walked to the end around the area called Berrow Down. We think Teddie is doing a figure of 8 not quite getting high enough up to meet our track at the top of New Road. So if anyone around this area manages to get a sighting I would be very grateful although we think it will be very early morning and late evening when she is traveling. The main thing is that we are sure she is still alive so fingers cross. We are now off to take one of my collies to try to leave a trail home for her.
- 2012-07-30 14:18 Laraine
- I would be happy to help with a group search as well
- 2012-07-30 12:47 Maggie
- Good luck today. Will watch your updates in case you need a group search. Happy to come over and help, just say when.
- 2012-07-30 08:53 Jayne - Head Office
- Gl19 done. If any more alerts needed please email admin or Sue to do tx. cannot monitor all posts and would hate to miss a request.
- 2012-07-30 08:31 Alin
- Owl has arrived safely. We got a couple of hours searching in last night and off again today. Very surprised at the route we have gone, but if Teddie has gone in a triangle which sometimes dogs apparently do she is actually in a couple of miles south of us. Fingers crossed today.
- 2012-07-29 14:41 Alin
- Hi Dormouse thanks for your help.
- 2012-07-29 14:39 Alin
- Hi Owl, just wondered if you were still coming. Had a call from a lady who said her friends small dog walked all around the hills for 7 weeks before coming home, so I am not to give up hope. PS have lost your land line number which is why I haven't rung you.
- 2012-07-29 13:41 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Fingers crossed for today xx
- 2012-07-29 13:13 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Have alerts been sent to GL19 and surrounding areas yet please?
- 2012-07-29 12:39 dormouse
- I live in GL18 - not far away. I will put a poster at bottom of Chase End Hill this pm and one in PO at Bromesberrow Heath to morrow. Anything else I can do over this side please ask.
- 2012-07-28 22:56 Alin
- Hi Sue thanks for the offer of help. Owl is coming with her tracker dog tomorrow and is going to try to see if she can get a trace on Teddie and if so narrow down the search area. If she does this it might be that I will need help to go through scrub/bracken etc. I have had a couple of offers of help so will add a comment if we get that far. In the mean time if you could spread the word and put up some posters I would be very grateful. I have sent them to the vets in Tewkesbury but don't know the dog walking areas. Thanks again to everyone
- 2012-07-28 22:43 Sue
- Would be happy to help with searching, I'm in Tewkesbury so not too far away.
- 2012-07-28 21:08 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- GL19 makes more sense... it says GL9 below! Jayne can you send out alerts for GL19 and surrounding codes please.
Alin, someone could have taken Teddie there and either let her go or she's got loose.
- 2012-07-28 20:55 Alin
- I have just been over to GL19 3GS which is Redmarley and is 7 miles from me. I don't think the sighting was of Teddie as it is across country and some really busy A roads and the M50 (albeit over a bridge) although I spoke to some children who remember seeing a little dog running lose and described it as poodle like last Wednesday. I am going back tomorrow to put some posters up and keep my fingers crossed. On Monday I will contact Gloucestershire Dog wardens and have already contacted vets.
- 2012-07-28 20:11 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I meant GL9 which you've done now but according to this site GL9 is about 37 miles from WR13
- 2012-07-28 20:01 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in WR2,6,8,13,14. GL9.
- 2012-07-28 20:00 Jayne - Head Office
- Will resend..just in case...Um what post are you refering to Sue...
- 2012-07-28 19:43 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- According to below alerts haven't been sent out to this area Jayne
- 2012-07-28 19:29 Jayne - Head Office
- Possible sighting of Teddy at Redmarley GL9 which is about 8 miles away...feasible for a dog thats been out for 10 days....owner says sighter reported the dog had a collar on...but as we know from experience this could be because someone found her and put a collar on...then she may have escaped again..so we are not dismissing this sighting.
- 2012-07-28 11:39 Alin
- Have just been speaking to Owl who is the most amaising woman. she has boosted my spirits so much - even if the worst had happened at least I would know. I was then contacted by a lady from the club Teddie and I attended for puppy training and she is asking around and posting Teddie on her facebook page. My faith in human nature has been retored I am lost for words. Thank you
- 2012-07-28 11:31 Owl
- I have just been speaking with Teddie's owner. They have found where she escaped on to the Common. I am planning to go with my dog to see if we can find scent, just have to make a few arrangements.
- 2012-07-27 10:21 MSPickles
- Hoping the paper advert will bring some good news. Come on Teddie, time to go home now.
Fingers and paws crossed here xx
- 2012-07-27 09:44 Alin
- Thank you to everyone who has been helping - I am so touched by your kindness. Unfortunately I still haven't heard anything but her photo is in the paper now. I think I need a Tracker dog!!!!
- 2012-07-27 08:30 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Good luck, I hope it brings some news
- 2012-07-26 23:20 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Bumped due to ad going in the paper on 27th July. Hope it brings some news on Teddie xx
- 2012-07-23 20:33 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, still no news but an ad is going in the paper on Friday.
- 2012-07-20 20:04 Laraine
- Has the owner contacted local riding stables and Malvern Hills Consevators. Many people ride in that area, and the conservators' wardens visit the commons on a regular basis?
- 2012-07-20 20:01 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks everyone for your help.
- 2012-07-20 19:42 MSPickles
- Have also shared on facebook. Hope Teddie is found safe and well soon x
- 2012-07-20 19:12 Neighbark
- Have put out on facebook....
- 2012-07-20 16:52 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Put on Facebook Central and Hereford & Worcs
- 2012-07-20 13:11 Laraine
- Just given a poster to my local postman who is going to put it up on the staff notice board at the Gt. Malvern sorting office
- 2012-07-20 12:29 Laraine
- Will [print off posters and do Birtsmorton, Hollybush Common and Coombe Green Common.
- 2012-07-20 12:06 Laraine
- I live in the next village and can help with any searches that the owner is organizing, have notified friends on fb, and will let all dog-walkers I meet know Teddie is missing
- 2012-07-20 11:51 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, she has contacted, vets, Police, DW, she has postered. I have given her sites to check on the internet and have advised radio and local paper. She has contacted local kennels.
- 2012-07-20 11:48 michelle
- Dog shaved but matching this description was found in swinton greater manchester last night. The dog has been posted on a facebook group called, dogs in Salford . Think the dog will be taken to Leigh animal sanctuary if not claimed x good luck x
- 2012-07-20 11:26 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-07-20 11:25 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in WR2,6,8,13,14.
- 2012-07-20 10:50 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter