Rainbow Bridge: Golden Golden Retriever Female
- Dog ID 41304
- Status Rainbow Bridge
- Registered 17 Jul 2012
- Name MEG
- Breed Golden Retriever
- Gender Female
- Age Elderly
- Build Medium
- Colour Golden
- Marks & Scars 16 years old.
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 16 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Missing from garden Edenfield,Rossendale.
- Lost In Region Rainbow Bridge
- Lost In Post Area BL0
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region Rainbow Bridge
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 18 Jul 2012
- Other Info Meg was let out in the garden before going to bed,she was heard barking then she was gone. Meg is 16 years old and has arthritis. Meg never wanders off on her own.
- Phone 1 07591 684424
- Phone 2
- Listed By AkitaTaz
- Views 3490
- See more dogs in Rainbow Bridge
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-07-25 11:51 Sandra
- So sad to hear about Meg,poor girl.My thoughts are with her family at this very sad time.Please try to take some comfort that you were with her at the end and that you will see her again at rainbow bridge-R.I.P beautiful Meg x
- 2012-07-24 17:12 Jackie
- So so sorry to hear about Meg but she went with you with her and that's all she would have wanted....Rest easy now Meg till you all meet again...she'll be waiting for you when it's your time xxxx
- 2012-07-24 09:04 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Poor sweet Meg. Please take some comfort that you were with her at the end. Having lost our Ozzie fairly recently I know how raw you will be feeling right now, but the pain will ease in time, believe me xxx
- 2012-07-23 09:49 Meru
- I am so very,very sorry to hear about Meg - RIP beautiful girl - play free over the Bridge sweetheart xx
- 2012-07-23 08:35 AkitaTaz
- Good Night God Bless Meg xx
- 2012-07-23 00:30 Sarah W
- I'm so very sorry about gorgeous Meg, try and take solice in that you were reuniteded together for the briefest of time and could be there to comfort her as she ran again, free and healthly at the bridge xxx
- 2012-07-22 23:38 digbysmum
- Oh that is so sad - not the outcome we wanted. I am so very, very sorry, and my thoughts are with the family at this time. Run free at the bridge, lovely Meg xxx
- 2012-07-22 20:53 flaggbag, Area Co-ordinator Stroud
- so very sad, poor megs family.....
- 2012-07-22 18:30 Shereen
- Poor Meg : ( im so sorry thoughts are with her family.Xxxx
- 2012-07-22 18:05 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Sending my sympathy to Megs family. So very sorry to hear this sad news
- 2012-07-22 17:28 angi
- so very sorry to read the news that Meg is now at the bridge. My thoughts are with her loving family...run free gorgeous girl forever young until the day you meet again xxx
- 2012-07-22 16:52 bazil
- So sorry to read this very sad news. Thankfully she was with her loving family at the end. Run free Meg, you were a much loved pet xx
- 2012-07-22 16:00 janiejewel1649
- We thought we heard you weeping
We thought we heard you sigh
We thought wqe saw some tear drops
as we looked down from the sky.
We know we heard you crying
in the middle of the night
but let us tell our loved ones
you are never out of our sight
We welcome Megan to Heaven
now her "Forever home"
and reassure her loving family
she will never walk alone
We have also got Lennox with us
who was treated so unfair
He plays with ALL the pets
especially Cassie, who belonged to Kimmybear
Although you cannot see us
we will always be around
It`s just that we are so light now
our feet wont touch the ground
Megan said she had no choice
when from you she had to part
but before you go to bed at night
she said can you whisper to her:
From all at Rainbow Bridge
- 2012-07-22 15:24 Angelmort
- I am so sorry to read Meg has passed over but pleased she was with you at the end. My heart goes out to you all. x
- 2012-07-22 15:11 janiejewel1649
- 2012-07-22 14:52 janiejewel1649
- So sorry for your loss of Meg. My thoughts are with you. Night, night Meg, sleep tight, you are now wearing your well earned Angel wings, and one day you will be reunited with your family. Sending your owners loads of (((((HUGS))))) and healing vibes for their sadness. RIP Megan+++ God Blessx
- 2012-07-22 13:28 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- So very sorry to hear this sad news but at least she was able to pass peacefully with her loving owners close by. RIP sweetheart.
- 2012-07-22 13:27 jobadger
- I'm so very very sorry that Megan went to the Bridge this morning. Run free gorgeous - your family will be with you again in time. xx
- 2012-07-22 13:20 dinkydoodle
- Run free gorgeous girl, so lucky to be part of a wonderful family, thoughts with them. Hope you've found my golden boy Callum to play with xxx
- 2012-07-22 13:11 DianeM
- My thoughts are with Meg and her loving family, run free and play forever at the bridge sweetheart xx
- 2012-07-22 12:58 AnnieSparky
- Very sad to hear about lovely Meg.....but glad she was with her loving family. RIP Meg, now running and playing at Rainbow Bridge xx
- 2012-07-22 12:56 Gypsy
- Very sorry to hear this. Run free gorgeous Meg xxx
- 2012-07-22 12:48 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- So sorry to hear this. Bless you Meg. Run free at the bridge lovely girl!xx
- 2012-07-22 12:26 Tigermouse
- Tears falling here for Meg, this is such sad news.
RIP sweet Meg, run happy and free at Rainbow Bridge until the time your family joins you. Sleep tight sweetheart xx
- 2012-07-22 12:23 Julie
- So sad for you but at least she was found and you were able to be with her. A wonderful age too and dogs don't live to such a ripe old age without being loved and cared for. Good bless Meg. Love Julie xx
- 2012-07-22 12:02 millypod
- So sorry to see this, RIP Meg.xx
- 2012-07-22 11:46 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator Bedfordshire
- Run Free at Rainbow Bridge Beautiful Girl, Happy that she was surrounded by family and love when she left for the Bridge. Sweet dreams Meg xxx
- 2012-07-22 11:18 Owl
- So sorry Meg has gone, but at least she was found and cared for and then departed surrounded by the love of her family.
- 2012-07-22 11:07 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Such a sad sad ending. Heart goes out to Meg and her family.
Run free at the Bridge Meg and sweet dreams sweetheart. ♥♥♥
- 2012-07-22 11:05 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Just seen the heartbreaking news that Meg has gone to the Bridge. Posting from her FB Group.
It is with much sadness that we inform you that our loving friend and pet, Megan, has been put to sleep this morning. We've had 16 wonderful years with Meg's and she will never be forgotten in our hearts. XXX bye, bye Meg's love you forever
- 2012-07-22 10:58 Owl
- Thanks for posting that, skippy, lots of us are keeping her in our thoughts.
- 2012-07-21 15:41 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- latest post I've seen on her post on doglost NW facebook page was from Thursday evening:
meg has comee through the shock and has drank some water but her hind leg is in a bad way, the vet will advise more tomorrow.x
will let you know if I see anything further.
- 2012-07-21 13:38 Sandra
- Has anyone heard how Meg is?I do hope she's ok!
Sending love and best wishes to her.x
- 2012-07-19 14:13 Angelmort
- Lots of heaing being sent to Meg and her family. Get well soon! x
- 2012-07-19 12:40 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- What a relief this gorgeous girl has been found. Sending her lots of positive and healing thought.
Thanks Jan for the Text letting me know the good news x
- 2012-07-19 12:25 angi
- lots of healing vibes on the way to the lovely Meg.I pray she makes a full recovery xxx
- 2012-07-19 09:57 allie08
- Aww pleased she's been found, hope she's better soon x
- 2012-07-19 09:25 Meru
- Very glad to hear Meg has been found - Get well soon sweetheart - healing vibes coming your way xx
- 2012-07-19 08:50 AkitaTaz
- Glad to hear that Meg is finally found xx Fingers crossed that she makes a full recovery and is home for her birthday this week xx
- 2012-07-19 08:47 Sandra
- Thinking of you Meg and your family..really hope she pulls through.x x
- 2012-07-19 01:12 Sarah W
- Have been thinking about the lovely meg and searching the internet, so am delighted to see her found and in the blue. Really sorry though to hear about her injured leg, am sending you lots of good wishes that she makes a full recovery. x
- 2012-07-19 00:28 bazil
- Saying prayers for beautiful Meg, hope she recovers from her injury. Welcome home Meg xxx
- 2012-07-19 00:25 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Hope you're on the mend soon Meg xx
- 2012-07-18 23:56 digbysmum
- So pleased lovely Meg has been found, and wishing her a speedy recovery. Hope her leg can be mended xxx
- 2012-07-18 23:25 jobadger
- So pleased you've been found Meg - get well soon gorgeous. xx
- 2012-07-18 22:56 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thank goodness she is found but oh Meg please get well soon.
- 2012-07-18 22:17 Owl
- Poor Meg, will keep her and her people in my thoughts tonight and hope she starts to feel better tomorrow.
- 2012-07-18 21:48 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Sending Meg healing thoughts and hope she pulls through o.k. ♥♥♥
Thank you to everyone who helped in the search for her and shared her details. x
- 2012-07-18 21:47 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Posted by helper on her fb details on DOGLOST NORTH WEST:
Found but injured and in vets. Apparently her leg was trapped. No more details as yet x
UPDATE from her owner:
I've just come back from the vets. She's very dehydrated and one of her hind legs has been trapped so is in a bad mess. At 16yrs old it's touch and go but she's a fighter. Thanks for everyone's concern it's been really comforting.
- 2012-07-18 20:52 Tigermouse
- So glad that Meg has been found but sorry to hear she's been injured. Sending all my love and good wishes for her full recovery - get well soon Meg xx
- 2012-07-18 20:34 janiejewel1649
- Pleased Meg has been found, but sorry she has been injured. Sending her absent healing for her full recovery. GET WELL SOON Golden girl. Keep us posted if you can please on Meg`s progress.
- 2012-07-18 19:56 AnnieSparky
- Oh my goodness...poor Meg but so glad shes been found. Was she hit by a car? Really hoping she recovers well.....let us know how she gets on if you can xx
- 2012-07-18 19:56 Mr Ollie
- Positive healing thoughts to Meg sending gentle hugs to you beautiful girl you get well soon xxxxxxxx
- 2012-07-18 19:28 SuzieLewis
- Meg has been found! She is badly injured but alive. Will spend the night at the vets. Thank you for all your help xx
- 2012-07-18 15:10 AkitaTaz
- Come on Meg, show us where you are hiding xx
- 2012-07-18 14:27 janiejewel1649
- All xd for the safe return of Meg.
- 2012-07-18 12:37 Tigermouse
- Has Bleakholt animal sanctuary been contacted? That's in the same area so if Meg has been found wandering she could have been taken thereLast edited: 2012-07-18 12:37:53 by Tigermouse
- 2012-07-18 12:00 SuzieLewis
- Thank you everyone x
- 2012-07-18 11:45 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks Jayne and Riverlady x
Stay safe Meg until we can find you xx
- 2012-07-18 10:06 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-07-18 08:00 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in BL0,8,9. OL11,12,13. BB4.
- 2012-07-17 23:59 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Beautiful Meg is still missing. I'll try to find out more information tomorrow as its too late now.
- 2012-07-17 22:36 AnnieSparky
- Thankyou for confirming that, glad he was reunited.....had wondered if I should have emailed them. Hoping this lovely girl is found soon x
- 2012-07-17 22:25 SuzieLewis
- Confirmed from the animal warden that the below dog was a male labrador and is now back with his owners.
- 2012-07-17 17:32 AnnieSparky
- She is gorgeous...hope shes found soon.
Long shot as says male but incase they have got it wrong.....from AW site
17 Jul 2012
Location: Bury BL9
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)