Lost: Brown Lurcher Female In Central (DN22)
- Dog ID 41126
- Status Lost
- Registered 11 Jul 2012
- Name SINDY
- Breed Lurcher
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Brown
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Small round mark on rear right thigh.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 10 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Retford, Notts.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area DN22
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Sindy was lost in the fields between Rampton Hospital, Treswell and Rampton Village whilst on a walk. Owner feels that she chased after a rabbit. She has done this before but usually comes back. He has contacted all local farmers and walked all over the fields but there has been no sign of her at all. PLEASE call him with any information on her. Thank you.
- Phone 1 01777 248069
- Phone 2 07581 330830
- Listed By stormscreen
- Views 1686
- See more dogs Lost in DN22
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-24 14:16 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Found dog, Id 44329 Listed as greyhound cross, maybe worth ruling out
- 2012-09-04 14:55 Coco
- I will print off her picture and laminate it. I'll put posters up in Clarborough and North Wheatley. Good luck. I'll keep my eyes peeled x
- 2012-08-13 21:55 Donnybluewayne
- May I suggest posters in the hospital as staff come and go all the time. Also, go to all the farmers, again if you have to. Those that come and go from the hospital and those that work the land have a good chance of seeing her. Trick is never to give up mate. If you walked at certain times, in certain areas, do it every day, she will maybe look for you there they do turn up, don't lose the faith. Wayne, South Leverton.
If you want a hand other than me looking willy nilly ring me on 07957265077 regards
- 2012-08-02 14:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-07-31 16:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Sorry it's all gone quiet Craig. Yes, people do pick dogs up and keep them unfortunately but keep the area postered so that people are aware she's a missing dog if they see her. Her advert goes in the Countryman's Weekly in a day or two as well.
- 2012-07-31 15:50 stormscreen
- Still no sign of Sindy after weeks of looking. Many thanks for everyone's help. Can't believe she is in the area. Do people pick up dogs and just keep them? Final hope is that if whoever has her takes her to the vet then we will be notified when the chip is scanned. Thanks again. Craig (Sindy's owner).
- 2012-07-20 17:01 Donnybluewayne
- Craig can we have an update please?
Been out every evening down lane where she ran off and I park up on Retford Road at top of village, just around bend by farm on RHS but I park up and look down the walkway at side of detached house on LHS. Have you anywhere where you want me to look ?
Is the farmer on RHS on bend aware? Will he let us onto his land ?
Your posters are becoming rain damaged. Need some advice please.
- 2012-07-13 21:19 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Really hope Sindy is hom soon xx
- 2012-07-13 21:08 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I've emailed some info Craig, let me know if it doesn't arrive as emails to hotmail sometimes never get there!
- 2012-07-13 20:59 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Craig I'm going to email you some scenting information that might be useful
- 2012-07-13 14:36 stormscreen
- Sinday spotted on Thursday night outside our village (Woodbeck) on the road to Retford. May have been attracted to a farm with other dogs. Looked down there this afternoon but could not see her. Still, positive news that she has been sighted. Craig (sindy's owner)
- 2012-07-12 17:26 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, no news as yet, posters are up all around, so fingers crossed we hear something soon xx
- 2012-07-11 21:17 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Craig, make sure you put loads of posters up while you're about searching then you have lots more eyes looking out for her and will hopefully get reports coming in of sightings and will have an idea of exactly where she is.
- 2012-07-11 18:16 stormscreen
- Many thanks for all the comments on here. This is the first time I have ever lost one of my dogs and I can believe how many people have offered help. Spent another day out looking today but unfortunately nothing yet. Thanks again for all your help, what a fantastic network of dog lovers. Craig (Sindy's owner).
- 2012-07-11 18:05 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-07-11 17:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Details put on Facebook Central and East Mids & Warks
- 2012-07-11 17:05 Jayne - Head Office
- Whoops tx for pointing that out Jackie...have now changed to notts.
- 2012-07-11 16:29 Donnybluewayne
- I live bungalow (with large conservatory) on Treswell Road just past Tomlinsons on opposite side of road. I am off looking now, my telno is 07957 265077 if you want me to look into a specific area please call me.
- 2012-07-11 13:13 Jackie
- * Nottinghamshire, not Northamptonshire. Will print posters for Retford Halcroft petshop, hospital and haospice. Will share on Facebook and Twitter. Good luck xLast edited: 2012-07-11 13:14:23 by Jackie
- 2012-07-11 13:12 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, he has contacted DW, farmers, local kennels, vets. I have suggested local radio and the paper and sites on the internet.
- 2012-07-11 13:03 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Tried to call owner but both numbers just ringing out.
- 2012-07-11 12:56 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in DN21,22. NG22,23. LN1.
- 2012-07-11 12:54 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-07-11 11:14
- Sorry to see that SINDY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.