Lost: Terrier Border Male In South East (SS15)
- Dog ID 41113
- Status Lost
- Registered 10 Jul 2012
- Name BILLY
- Breed Terrier Border
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 02 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Basildon. Home is in Billericay.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area SS15
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Vanished from relative's garden, Kings Road, Basildon, SS15 4AQ on 2nd July, believed stolen & passed on, possibly to people who were unaware. Billy has a unique bond with an autistic boy who is missing his best friend and remains totally devastated! Billy is a microchipped, castrated Border Terrier who loves children. Has your friend or neighbour acquired a dog like Billy in the past 4 months? Please search your heart & call DogLost in confidence. Reunite this child & his best friend.
- Phone 1 07821 386775
- Phone 2
- Reward? Yes
- Listed By Leanne
- Views 20986
- Followers 17
- See more dogs Lost in SS15
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-05-19 20:16 Elise
- Dear team Billy.
just to update that Billy is in dogstoday mag this month. also i have sent out yet another reminder to vets.and im trying to do newspaper appeal againFourth time lucky!!
- 2013-04-30 22:30 Elise
- belle thank you for posting update for me, so far every lead has not led me to Billy. lost dogs was a good try, sadly wasn't our boy but did show that microchipped dogs get home!!
- 2013-04-29 22:09 Belle
- Great match but sadly not Billy - but his owner, Elise is still actively searching for her dog so will keep on looking!
glossoplass, that BT has now been reunited with his owner.
- 2013-04-28 10:51 Belle
- Good spot glossoplass! Have alerted owner who is untiring in her search for Billy. Fingers crossed. x
- 2013-04-27 23:07 glossoplass
- 2013-04-25 23:18 Elise
I do not have facebook, can you give me an email address ( not facebook) or tel num please and i will follow that lead too,
- 2013-04-25 23:16 Elise
- Thank you springerMad, i am following nup that lead.
- 2013-04-18 13:44 LucyL
- Have you seen this one Elise found in Newquay
- 2013-04-14 20:01 SpringerMad
found in rye, might be worth checking.
- 2013-03-24 20:23 Elise
- Thanks Belle for updating page, Charlie did not have a microchip, and to double check he was also a full male, so sadly he wasn't our boy. I do act immeadtly on any lead, even if do not post that on page right away.
- 2013-03-21 19:19 Belle
- Unfortunately the Stokenchurch dog was not castrated and - as Elise said - those things don't grow back! So not Billy but the search continues.
- 2013-03-20 21:59 Elise
- Thank you so much Caroline, i have emailed stockenchurch dog rescue about charlie(dog 1656).
Thank you so so much for being Billy alert!!
- 2013-03-20 14:40 Belle
- Thanks Caroline - have alerted Elise. Fingers crossed.
- 2013-03-18 12:24 Caroline28
- There is a Border Terrier at Stokenchurch Dog Rescue who looks similar to Billy - thought it worth mentioning - obviously Elise is the only person who will be able to tell if it looks like him or not. http://www.stokenchurchdogrescue.co.uk/dogs/1656
- 2013-03-14 15:23 Belle
- Good to see another pic of Billy. Will keep looking Elise. :)
- 2013-03-10 17:00 Elise
- Kimmybear, yes the bond of love with your dog is def unbreakable. Will never give up pining for, and searching for my boy xx
- 2013-03-05 20:47 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Absolutely true, Elise. The bond of love with a dog is forever. It's unbreakable. Luv to you both, Elise & Lucy. xxx
- 2013-03-03 23:15 Elise
so sorry to see Oscar is also still missing.thank you for thinking of Billy too, ah theres no pain like losing a family member and living in limbo and torment, yes its a truly awful experience, not knowing is definately the most unbearable part, i agree. I still so strongly believe my boy is alive somewhere. Not a day goes by when Billy isnt still part of our lives too and that will be the case till we are reunited.Agree with you, my naive eyes have also been very much opened!, but i have met the angels of doglost ah please dont beat yourself up for not getting oscar microchipped, no one ever believes their dog would be stolen. I prayer so hard both our boys, and all those on doglost missing list who have loving homes, get reunited safe and well. Wish i could say something to ease your pain,but other than to let you know how you feel, as im living with the pain too, i do not have any words to help you. Have faith that your bond with oscar is unbreakable,we must have hope, thats all we got, dont let go of that, even on the darkest days.
- 2013-03-03 22:58 Elise
Thank you so much , this little man has not been castrated or microchipped and our boy is both.
Thank you so much though!!
- 2013-03-03 22:52 Elise
thank you, that doesnt look like Billy but i have still left message with contact to be sure.
- 2013-03-03 22:48 Elise
thank you, that doesnt look like Billy but i have still left message with contact to be sure.
- 2013-03-03 22:38 Elise
that is very kind of you, much appreciated!
- 2013-03-01 14:25 LucyL
- Hi Elsie, so sorry to see Billy is still missing... our Oscar is also still missing (he's been missing over 2 years now :-() I always keep Billy in mind when searching for Oscar. Losing our beloved dogs is a truly awful experience and the not knowing is the worst thing, 2 years on and still not a day goes by that I don't think of Oscar and wonder where he is. This experience has really opened my eyes to the disturbed world we live in but also I have met some wonderful people through doglost, I don't know what I would have done without them! Sadly Oscar wasn't chipped (something I will never fogive myself for now) but I will never give up hope of finding him. Prayers for Oscar and Billy. Stay safe and come home soon boys. Xx
- 2013-03-01 08:06 Amberpops
- 49390 found in Birstall near leeds. I know it's a long way from where Billy was taken from but this little man looks very tired.
- 2013-02-26 23:58 Scruffpot
- Dog found in Southampton. Pics not too clear, but may be worth a look. http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=49221
- 2013-02-26 11:54 Lisar
- I really do feel for you, and will always keep an eye out for Billy. I have asked my Friend to put a poster up at Longwood Equestrian Centre. Lots of visitors from all over go there. Good luck with the Slough DW. Keep strong x
- 2013-02-25 22:26 Elise
Ive rang slough warden but spoke to out of hours and he didnt have access to system, i will ring again tomorrow daytime.
- 2013-02-25 22:18 Elise
- so sorry everyone, its been an emotional day. Staff at mayhew were very nice and helpful,but sadly Dale is not our boy.Our search and despair continues. so very very sad here, lots of tears again, but all your kind support will see us through. Thank you all so so much for being Billy alert, cannot thank you all enough.
Sorry LisaR thought your link was also Dale, i will look into that too.
Bless you Billy supporters
- 2013-02-25 16:01 Belle
- Sadly the dog was not Billy. Desperately sorry for Elise :(
Lisar - I tried to look at the page you posted and it did not allow me in. Maybe others will have more luck and I hope Elise will check it when she gets here.
- 2013-02-25 15:55 Jayne - Head Office
- Alert sento helpers in SS13,14,15,16,17. CM11,12,13. RM14,15.
- 2013-02-25 14:30 Lisar
- I do hope you have a positive outcome with Dale but did you also see the facebook link that I posted below, Elise? This male dog was with the DW at Slough.
- 2013-02-25 08:45 MSPickles
- Also have fingers tightly crossed xx
- 2013-02-24 23:19 debbie
- Fingers tightly crossed xxx
- 2013-02-24 20:14 Claire Weston Turville
- Good luck xx
- 2013-02-24 19:55 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, even though Billy is chipped sometimes it is still worth having a look,
even if they say not chipped. x
- 2013-02-24 19:49 AnnieSparky
- Everything crossed here too :)x
I too always have your Billy in my thoughts when searching rescues etc xx
- 2013-02-24 19:02 Jayne - Head Office
- Paws crossed here....
- 2013-02-24 18:56 Belle
- Will be checking here every five minutes Elise. Hope and pray that it's Billy. And if it's not, we'll keep looking :)
- 2013-02-24 16:42 Elise
- Thank you so much everyone!!!
I have emailed and left a phone message on mayhew answer machine.
Please god our prayers are finally answered, time has NOT been a healer, but having angels like yourselves watching for our Billy means more than words, honestly.
- 2013-02-24 15:05 Belle
- Came here to post the dog on the Mayhew site but Scruffpot's seen him too! Have alerted owner to the dog and she will check. Long shot but fingers crossed...
http://themayhew.org/dogs/dale/Last edited: 2013-02-24 15:06:16 by Belle
- 2013-02-24 14:14 Scruffpot
- Border dog found as stray in London & now up for rescue at The Mayhew. Photos and video here:
- 2013-02-21 11:56 Lisar
- Here's a link to the page https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=566868086666470&set=o.573357276023792&type=1&theater
- 2013-02-20 20:02 trixs
- Apologies it's on bellas angels fb page not dog lost
- 2013-02-20 19:31 trixs
- There was a male border similar found in slough...not sure all details. It has been posted on doglost essex fb page. Think its with dw.
- 2013-02-19 22:38 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- We still have hope that Billy will get back to his family. We never say never and many miracles happen on this site. ome on Billy, sweetheart, where are you? x
- 2013-02-19 19:39 Elise
- hi jemharvs
any luck uploading quiz?
- 2013-02-18 20:59 Elise
Sadly no updates, Billy has vanished. We have house up for sale now as its too painful here. Thank you for checking Billys page!
Get our family reunited with our irreplacable missing member, thats all anyone can do for us now.
- 2013-02-16 14:23 MSPickles
- Just wondering if there are any updates. Still checking Billys page and wishing there was more that I could do.
Elise, both you and your son are in my thoughts. Come on Billy, mummy is waiting xx
- 2013-01-27 23:20 Elise
- Thank you, i did follow these leads,as i do all leads, but sadly our family is not reunited and every day i am still in limbo and torment.
Do appreciate everyone still being Billy alert
- 2013-01-23 06:50 JemHarvs
- Hi Rosie, dog was scanned and unfortunately wasn't billy. Thank you everyone for continuing to look really appreciated and I know Elise does too! X
- 2013-01-22 21:18 Rosie8
- Hi billy was shared on our page. Is there any update please x
- 2013-01-22 07:11 Belle
- Please check dog 47698 which has been found and looks very like Billy.
- 2013-01-18 11:38 Elise
- Come on Billy. mummy is still willing you home so so much, its been 6 months but life without you has not got easier. we are so heartbroken, please find your way home
- 2013-01-06 22:30 Elise
- JemHarvs i will send you the quiz and you can put it on page with a paypal link to doglost, people can pay donation to play quiz.All donations go to doglost and their wonderful work
- 2012-12-27 09:13 JemHarvs
- That's a great idea about a PayPal account Elise what do u think? I can look into it for you!? x
- 2012-12-26 19:06 jobadger
- A wonderful idea - do you have a Paypal account where we might buy tickets for the event (those of us who cannot attend due to distance might like to support it even so) Good Luck - I'm sure it will be a fun evening. xx
- 2012-12-26 14:08 SanBarn
- "Bumped" ready for the fund raising event :-) xx
- 2012-12-23 20:50 Elise
- Dear DOG LOVERS
PLEASE support us and attend our next fund raising event;
QUIZ NIGHT , Friday 4th January , 7.30pm start at the Rising Sun pub (hall)situated opposite Billericay police station, Sun corner.
Entrance is £5 which INCLUDES A HOT DRINK AND CAKE/BISCUIT!! and a prize for the winning table!
Bring your own soft drinks and nibbles, ALCOHOLIC DRINKS AVALIABLE AT THE BAR ONLY.
Be sure for a fun night night!
Raffle, auction and more!!!
Anything raised after the cost of the hall will pay for pet detective if Billy is not home, and if Billy is home all proceeds will be equally split to DOGLOST and SNAP, two very worthwhile charities, and two especially close to our hearts.
PLEASE COME and bring your friends!! teams of 7ish to a table.
Thank you, hope to see you then!
- 2012-12-18 18:19 Elise
- MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, at your xmas and new year celebrations/parties please spread the word of upcoming quiz night 7-10pm on friday 4th jan at rising sun pub hall, billericay. I am raising money to pay for pet detectives, and if Billy is home by then i will donate all proceeds to two charities, one being doglost, so please come along for a fun night and support worthwhile cause.
- 2012-12-18 18:11 Elise
- dear anniesparky
thank you so much for thinking of our Billy. I rang that kennel and the man said all dogs get scanned for microchip, and it hasnt got one, to be double sure i asked if was a full male and it was, so def not our boy
- 2012-12-15 11:51 AnnieSparky
- Saw picture of male BT in stray kennels in Lincolnshire and thought of Billy.......no details with picture and know its a long shot due to distance but thought would post just incase:
Photo dog no. 793
Contact details for kennels are on their website but basic details are:
Tel 01652 652453
- 2012-12-06 18:26 Elise
- Jemharvs can you please mention on facebook to Julie that ive put ads in vange. And huge thanks to Bouchs who let me put poster in window FREE OF CHARGE, martins would only let me put postcard in and charged me £3.50!! Thanks hun, look forward to see you!!
- 2012-12-04 18:12 Elise
Thanks hun, i have emailed animal search, am following up every lead, just incase one of them is our Billy boy xx
- 2012-12-04 18:10 Elise
thank you so much, i rang the number but you have to email, which i did, i am waiting for a reply to find out if AFP136689 is microchipped. So much thanks for being Billy alert!!
- 2012-12-03 23:10 JemHarvs
- Looks very similar! Not sure face/ears are quite dark enough? What do u think Elise?! x
- 2012-12-03 18:35 wensmum
- Please look at this lad, in case......
Oh my, I wasn't expecting that lot!! its Animal search, AFP136689
- 2012-12-01 14:46 Elise
Oh my god, my heart goes out to you! I wouldn't wish this pain on any dog lover! Want to say some words of encouragement to but frankly i don't know what to say, no words have eased my pain. It's 5 treadful months tomorrow, i can't imagine how you and family feel being apart from oscar for so long. I campaign daily and will now always keep your fur baby in my mind too! Read the reunited story of king charles spaniel lily id num 23903? Lily went missing In June 2010, ans came home April 2012, the reunion video is a tear jerker!!!
I read this because it gives me hope. I know its hard to read reunion stories when your in the red, but this one gives us hope!!
Hope we are both in the blue soon!
Sadly Harlow was another cruel hoax, i agree, i was also impressed with Harlow council. My heart sank when i read your story as our boy also went from garden, god where are we safe!!
Keep strong dear friend, im praying your Oscar home to safe and well soon, i will never give up hope. I really can idetify with you, i have met some angels(doglost) through this traumatic event, but have met some sick, disturbed beings also!!
Unfortunately poor weather literally put a damper on things! but those who attended, enjoyed the night so that was good.
Believe me you are not the only one who prefers the loyal love of a dog to the ass of humans! I will be alert for your Oscar, i do hope his microchipped??!
Elise(french for Elizabeth, not ELSIE) xx
- 2012-12-01 14:10 Elise
- JemHarvs, Thank you Jackie has rang, ive spoken to her and got more details,a fellow bt owner/lover on side! I am going now to put a poster up in Martins window! It's worth a try! I'll do anything for Billy, 5 months tomorrow our lives were ripped apart and its still so,so,so, hard. I am busy writing the next quiz!! I will campaign until the bitter end!!! Can't wait to see week before xmas, xmas won't be the same if our Billy boy not here though im trying to put brave face on for Samuels sake xx
- 2012-11-30 18:08 Julie
- Elise please check out a found Border Terrier of today's date on the found page marked down as a Border Terrier cross. Keeping everything crossed for you. Julie x
- 2012-11-27 14:20 LucyL
- Hi Elsie, we also phoned Harlow council and were told the same thing that they know nothing of a Border Terrier being found, the man we spoke to was friendly and seemed to know what he was talking about. I think this must have been a prank caller! I am on the outskirts of Harlow, a place called Threshers Bush, my Oscar disappeared from our garden back in January 2011 and has not been seen since! We like you are doing everything possible to find him and have had some very nasty experiences whilst doing so. His DogLost page is 27306. I hope that one day soon our boys will find their way home, never give up hope. I hope your quiz goes well tomorrow and you raise lots of money to help find Billy. p.s I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves dogs more than humans! x
- 2012-11-26 17:16 Elise
- Thank you in advance for everyone who is kind enough to come and support us!!
- 2012-11-26 17:14 Elise
- HELLO DOGGY FRIENDS,
Please come and support us tomorrow, i have written 10 rounds of quiz, from human biology to summer olympics so something for everyone! your £5 includes a hot drink and cake, and a fun night.
Pet detectives is £395 PER DAY plus travelling expenses, every penny, once ive paid for hall hire, will go towards Billys fund and getting him home safe again.
- 2012-11-26 17:07 Elise
- Netty-B Thank you but im sure that was a hoax, i spoke to Harlow council direct and they were helpful and knowledgeable about what dogs they had. Yes give me a dog over a person any day!! Billy will be home im sure of it, you are right, it will be his microchip that brings him home, thank you xx
- 2012-11-24 22:20 Netty-B
- Sorry Elise, have heard from Lynn but she has no more info, said the lady did not call her back. So sorry. I know what you mean about loving animals more than people, animals are so grateful for the slightest things you do and love you whatever, people just take and use you,with no thanks.I know which i prefer,animals every time. I really hope Billy is home soon, the microchip will ensure this in time i am sure. Take care. xx
- 2012-11-24 11:50 Elise
- CJ thank you for your reply and help xx
- 2012-11-23 09:47 Elise
- Netty-B. Did you get back in touch with Lynn? Do fear this is a prank, sick call thou, as Harlow council were very helpful, and thorough. Sadly i know to well how sick people can be!!(No wonder we love animals instead of people!) I am devoted, and will fight for Billys return until i die, bless you for your thoughts and prayers xx
- 2012-11-23 09:41 Elise
- LucyL, so sorry you have also lost your baby. Harlow council havent had a bt in, sorry!. Are you in Harlow area? Give me details of Oscar and i will look for him while im hunting for Billy, hugs Elisex
- 2012-11-23 09:38 Elise
- Ms Pickles thank you for continued support, i am meeting the wickedest, cruelest of scum bags so to have nice people in contact means alot at mo! Just when i think it can't get worse, it does! Shame you are unable to attend quiz, hope its well attended! Im praying Billy will be home safe and sound soon!! thank you
- 2012-11-23 09:33 Elise
- Kimmy, thank you mentioning quiz again!, I have to pay for hall hire, and have put hours of work into writing quiz questions, so do hope people turn up and support us!'Thank you for your support, these are very dark days!!!x
- 2012-11-21 23:51 Netty-B
- Hi Elise, sorry you have had no luck finding Billy. The white female they mention is probably the young westie found in the staple tye area recently as well.I will get in touch with Lynn who recieved the call, and see if she has anymore details but these people did contact her because of posters up for her lost border terrier Florenece, she was offering a large reward, so could have been a prank call, you know how sick some people can be!!!!!!! Or maybe they said they were going to hand it in and didn`t. What puzzles me is hers was a female and yours a male.The finders must have known what sex it was and Lynn did put on her text maybe Oscar, because he is a lost local dog, so assume was male, but strange the council know nothing of it. Will let you know what i find out. Good luck with your fund raising, i think you are one devoted dog owner and deserve to get Billy home, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.xx
- 2012-11-21 13:28 Elise
- Netty-B, well done for helping reunite a family!! I have contacted Harlow council following your post, but they assure me they have had no brown dogs in recently, in their kennels at mo is one white, female dog, do you have more info please. Harlow council were very nice and helpful, and did ring me back, they assured me they do scan for microchip too. Thank you i hope Billy is home soon, i am not coping
- 2012-11-20 14:28 LucyL
- Sorry to see that Billy is still missing. Netty-B I have just seen your comment about a border terrier found staple tye area, could this be my Oscar? Do you have anymore details?
- 2012-11-20 10:21 MSPickles
- Still reading and looking out for any news on Billy. Please don't think that were not reading this Elise.
Sorry I can't make your quiz night (live too far away) but I'm sure it will be well attended.
Keep strong, I'm sure Billy will be home, safe and sound soon.
- 2012-11-19 22:20 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- PLEASE come and support us on Tuesday 27th November for a QUIZ NIGHT, should be a night of fun. I have put a lot of work into arranging this in aid of Billy's fund(to pay for private investigators) it is being held at the Rising sun pub conference hall, sun corner, opposite Billericay police station, 7pm quiz starts at 7.30pm. Entrance £5 which includes a hot drink and biscuit, and a prize for the winning table.Bring your own soft drinks and nibbles, alcoholic drinks available from the bar. The night also includes raffle, auction, and more!! From Billy's owner. x
- 2012-11-19 17:01 Netty-B
- Had a text from lady who i helped look for her border terrier a little while ago saying a brown dog possibly a border terrier found staple tye area, Harlow.Harlow council have the details. Bit of a long shot i know, and would assume he has been scanned now, but things are not always done right! I hope Billy is home soon, never realised how many border terriers there were about until i helped look for one. luckily this one was found, and yours will be too one day.
- 2012-11-19 12:22 Elise
- jobadger, thank you for following us forever, have worked hard since day one he was so cruelly taken from us, and i will until the day i die, but i would prefer him home than a lifetime battle! I will believe in justice the day he is returned to us safe and well.
- 2012-11-19 12:18 Elise
- Jemharvs, look forward to seeing you there! thank you, someone knows but for whatever reason is not doing the honest, decent thing, thanks for facebook link
- 2012-11-19 12:16 Elise
- Dear Jytte. thank you kindly for adding and sharing to your facebook
- 2012-11-19 08:50 jobadger
- I've watched Billy's page since forever - you are working so very hard to bring him home - I hope there is some positive news soon....... xx
- 2012-11-18 19:43 JemHarvs
- Billy's Facebook page:
- 2012-11-18 19:42 JemHarvs
- I'll be there with bells on it and have got a team together! Come on people should be a fun night. Elise has put alot of effort into the questions! Can't wait!
Don't forget to join Billy's Facebook page people and spread spread spread the word and his face around! Someone must recognise him! Xx
- 2012-11-18 18:07 Jytte
- Have added to my Facebook page, and asked people to share, I hope someone knows something - Jytte
- 2012-11-18 09:31 Elise
- I don't think anyone is reading this page anymore, but if you are, PLEASE come and support us on Tuesday 27th November for a QUIZ NIGHT, should be a night of fun. I have put a lot of work into arranging this in aid of Billy's fund(to pay for private investigators) it is being held at the Rising sun pub conference hall, sun corner, opposite Billericay police station, 7pm quiz starts at 7.30pm. Entrance £5 which includes a hot drink and biscuit, and a prize for the winning table.Bring your own soft drinks and nibbles, alcoholic drinks available from the bar. The night also includes raffle, auction, and more!!
- 2012-11-14 17:36 Elise
- Jemharvs, thank you, im going to do that tomorrow after jew party tonight xx
- 2012-11-11 18:40 JemHarvs
- Hi Elise,
Is it worth putting details of quiz up now so people know when to put in diaries. Not long to go?!
Will put on Facebook now for you xx
- 2012-11-07 19:45 Elise
- Jayne.that is very kind of u! I have emailed u my address.
- 2012-11-06 18:23 Elise
- Team Billy
please support me in the next fundraising event;Jewellery sale. £1 an item!!!
All proceeds go to Billy fund, Wednesday 14th November 7pm @ 7 Middle Cloister, Billericay, CM11 2AL. Entry free, just donation of your unwanted jewellery!!
- 2012-11-06 18:23 Jayne - Head Office
- Elise well done...email me on jayne.doglost@gmailcom...used to have a stall at covent garden...doing accessories...could send you down a few bits...believe they are coming into fashion again...
- 2012-11-06 18:14 Elise
thank you so much for your help today, was lovely to see you!! We made a profit towards detective costs today, so im happy.
Very much looking forward to seeing you and Harvey!xxLast edited: 2012-11-06 18:18:03 by Elise
- 2012-11-06 18:04 Elise
- Thank you everyone who supported me today, £55 profit made! The next events for diary is a jewellery party, pta table and quiz night!
- 2012-11-06 17:46 JemHarvs
- Well done for all your hard work this morning Elise! There was lots to see and do! Shame more people didn't show up! Your hard work and determination is inspirational! And hope it raises more awareness of Billy!
Next up Quiz night! Come on people lets help Elise with this one! All going to a good cause.
Me and Harvey look forward to seeing u soon x
- 2012-11-03 18:24 Elise
- Team billy,
Please tell all your friends about our coffee morning this Tuesday!! i have put alot of work into arranging this and it should be a fun morning !! Tons of yummy cakes will be avaliable plus guess the name of the teddy, auction, table sale, raffle(NICE PRIZES TO BE WON), guess name of sweeties in jar, and more!!
- 2012-11-01 13:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Billy is in the Yellow Advertiser and has publicity for the fund raising. Bumping.
- 2012-10-29 22:13 Elise
- Hello team Billy
Please come and support us on TUESDAY 6th NOVEMBER for a coffee morning, plus bargain buys, plus a raffle!! Come and grab a bargain and help us to raise the funds to continue our campaign for Billy's safe return. There will be huge range of hot beverage and cake/biscuit for £1 each, plus we are selling our belongings for reasonable donations, and doing a raffle(NEW gifts) for a bargain £1 a strip of tickets. Please come and support us on Tuesday 6th November@ Rising sun conference hall, sun corner, Billericay, near police station at 10am-noon
Don't come alone, bring your friends!
Thank you for your support
- 2012-10-29 19:26 Elise
- 2012-10-28 15:16 Elise
- Im trying to add a link to billy page for items i am selling to help raise funds.have enquired about halls.am viewing some tomrow
- 2012-10-26 18:17 Elise
- Hello team Billy!
I am in process of arranging a coffee morning and a quiz night, but i have to arrange funds for continuing my campaign, any good suggestions of fun ways to funraise welcome
- 2012-10-23 14:39 Elise
- Thanx spangles! Didnt go missing from our garen but never mind. I sent a few photos for them to chose from x
- 2012-10-21 17:47 Spangles
- Elise, the article says,
Billy was stolen from his garden in Basildon, Essex on the 2nd July 2012 and is now believed to be in the Laindon area (South Essex). If you know someone who has recently acquired a male, neutered Border Terrier then please encourage them t
o get him scanned to see if it could be Billy. If you have any other information on his whereabouts then please let us know on 01483 278259. He is sorely missed by the owners' autistic son who had a very strong bond with Billy.
They have also put a fab and very clear picture of Billy with it x
- 2012-10-21 17:39 Elise
- Aptly i have changed my phones ringtone to Kelly Clarkson; What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!
- 2012-10-21 17:37 Elise
- Thank you pet detectives for not ignoring my appeal, plea to you to help.
Thank you so much spangles for adding the link to Billys facebook and doglost pages, as i dont have facebook im still having trouble reading pet detectives, but at least im getting the word out to the world of facebookers!!
- 2012-10-20 19:21 Spangles
- Billy is on the Pet Detective FB page, https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Pet-Detectivescom/161636650538601
- 2012-10-20 11:27 Elise
- thank you sanbarn for putting that link, i wouldn't know how! x
- 2012-10-20 11:25 Elise
- Thank you Julie , Billy does belong with us, his family, thanks i will never give up fighting for my boy either! x
- 2012-10-18 15:58 SanBarn
- Billy is in the Basildon Yellow Advertiser again, well done Elise! Page 20, here is the link (I hope)
- 2012-10-17 19:17 Julie
- Elise - thank you is more than enough our reward will be when Billy is safely back home where he belongs with you and Samuel. Rest assured we are all looking out for Billy and will never give up until we find him. Julie xx
- 2012-10-17 14:46 Elise
thank you for updating poster! Billy will be in newspaper again this week, im not giving up on my boy, still fighting for him!
love E x
- 2012-10-15 16:47 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, I've put as much on poster as I can fit, so had to shorten it, but it says the same things. x
- 2012-10-14 09:48 Elise
- Willow1 thank u so so much! Jemharv gave me a witham link.ive rang but isnt billy its a full male.but thank u. Thank u for getting ur troops on board team billy! Im sure he is in bas.area still but am so desperate i try anything and everything. Do prayer u get justice! Lots of love to willow xx
- 2012-10-13 21:44 willow1
- oh thats ok elise anytime i am here if u need help with anything.i am waiting to hear back from southend on sea fm see if they can help out too for billy and tinks.. i keep in touch with ya about that see what they say
- 2012-10-13 20:54 Elise
- Jemharvs. Been so concerned for u.glad ur mum been with u.and sounds like ur auntie taking good care of u! Get ur strength back then join team billy again.we would lve to see u and harvey when u back in cm!xLast edited: 2012-10-14 09:41:03 by Elise
- 2012-10-13 20:48 Elise
- Willow1 thank u for sending kimmy that link.
- 2012-10-13 20:48 Elise
- Willow1 thank u for sending kimmy that link.
- 2012-10-13 20:46 Elise
- Kimmybear.ok do u want me to resend updated poster?i do hope ur bones are right.it wiakl be best day ever if i get my billy home safe!did u find billy facebook ok?xx
- 2012-10-13 20:37 Elise
- Julie. Thank u doesnt seem enough but no words can show u how i appreciate ur help. Had another lead today .i followed it up but wasnt my boy sadly.ur a star for being billy alert
- 2012-10-13 19:06 willow1
- thats ok no worrys
- 2012-10-13 16:15 JemHarvs
- Thanks Willow1, hope u can access Facebook Kim. Been trying to push it, just been in bed a lot recently as quite poorly, but as soon as I feel better I'll do more too. ( not a great start to my Devon move!) but will hopefully be back in few weeks to for visit and to see Elise! Hang in there girl xx
- 2012-10-13 14:50 willow1
- here u go kimmybear for ya https://www.facebook.com/FindMiniSausageDog?ref=ts&fref=ts#!/groups/Billyborderterrieressex/
- 2012-10-12 23:31 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jem Harvs, I've been trying to locate Billy's page on face book that you kindly made. Is it under your name or someone else's? I want to really start sharing this now. Seem to have lost the link. Thanks. x
- 2012-10-12 23:29 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, I have having so many problems with my email recently and unable to receive your messages properly. I can see email messages on my phone, but sometimes they get truncated as too big for phone. So sorry, but once I get see what you need me to change on Billy's poster, I will do it. I feel you are getting closer - just a feeling in my bones. xxx
- 2012-10-12 19:00 Julie
- Elise rest assured I am always 'Billy alert' and always looking when I am out and about and looking at rescues etc. All good wishes to you and your little boy. Julie x
- 2012-10-12 16:22 Elise
- DW Sarah Moran. thank you i am working on your tip now!
- 2012-10-12 16:21 Elise
- Julie thank you, i tried this but didnt get far as don't have facebbook myself, kimmybear kindly helped me(thank you Kimmybear) and it was not my boy. thank you for being Billy alert thou!!
- 2012-10-09 20:51 Julie
- Elise if it hasn't been mentioned before it may be worth putting an ad on Dragondriving website I believe some dogs have been found after being advertised on here. Good luck. Julie x
- 2012-10-09 17:13 Elise
- Aud 40, thank you so very much for message! I will NEVER give up hope, my love for Billy is much too strong for that! Appreciate what you are doing so much! Cant promise to stay strong im making it through each day at the moment, one day at a time, thats all i can do. Without Samuel i would just hide under duvet forever, but i cant do that because he needs mummy, am finding much comfort and support at church at the moment thou.
- 2012-10-09 17:05 Elise
- Spangles, we are gutted too!!, nothing can prepare you for this emotional rollercoaster. thank you, no words can express my gratitude to team Billy!! im SO pleased that bt has got home! hes photo made me go through another box of kleenex! have contacted and remined my 163 contacts again, with so many people alert from Essex, Ireland and Devon im amazed Billy not home yet! Will never give up waitng for that call!! What do you think i should do about that email/photo i sent you? would it be exploiting hes special needs or would it make people realise the severity of what they are doing?
- 2012-10-09 16:58 Elise
- thank you so much reggiemollieros for keep looking!!
- 2012-10-09 16:57 Elise
- kim, can you please update billy poster to what i sent you, as vetinary treatment is now VERY overdue, huge thanks for bumping page too
- 2012-10-09 16:54 Elise
- just had a friend say she saw Billy poster in Rayleigh, thank you whoever postered in rayleigh for me!
- 2012-10-09 09:19 Aud40
- Never give up hope Elise we are all 100% behind you and will keep looking for your little Billy,just wished I lived near to you but I do keep going through the rescue kennels looking.Stay strong.x
- 2012-10-08 23:50 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Bumped Billy a bit as there have been a few possibles on here which proves everyone is still looking, even in Devon now too thanks to JemHarvs! :-) xLast edited: 2012-10-08 23:57:15 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-10-08 23:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I second everything Spangles has said, and, this just goes to show that these fur babies do keep getting back home! Billy will too. x
- 2012-10-08 22:48 Spangles
- Elise, gutted that it wasn't Billy but as I said before, we are all here to help you find him, however long or short a time it may take we will keep looking, just read that the little BT had been stolen in June this year and his family had given up hope of finding him, he will be back with them tomorrow, so never give up, your call will come xxx Last edited: 2012-10-08 22:52:34 by Spangles
- 2012-10-08 20:25 reggiemollieros
- Sorry to hear that Elise. Will keep looking x
- 2012-10-08 18:13 Elise
- Dear Spangles and reggiemollieros
Thank you, ive followed this lead through, spoke to the very lovely Julie in Ireland, This dog is not billy, has a different microchip number, and is a full male, billy is castrated. thank you for being alert!! much appreciation
- 2012-10-08 09:18 reggiemollieros
- The dog I refer to in my post is now listed in the Found section here with a photo.
- 2012-10-07 23:25 reggiemollieros
- I just saw this post on the Vets Get Scanning Facebook page
Hope the owner of a border terrier can be found, pls share. thanks
A Border Terrier was for sale at Ballinaslow horse fair in Galway yesterday 6th. Turns out he may have been stolen as he has a UK microchip. If anyone is still missing a border please pm Julie Cowan Bryan with the microchip no. Thanks
Or message me and I'll forward.
Here is the page address https://www.facebook.com/groups/106838306012291/
- 2012-10-07 10:31 Elise
- Lorraine, thank you for emails. It is so good that you have given more dogs a loving home, they must be so grateful!!, i can undewrstand how that helped you and family when Lily was missing.Unfortunately in our case this is not an option for the reasons i explained to you, but i think you are a gem!!
- 2012-10-07 10:27 Elise
- Thank you starman, everybodys situation is uniquely painful, there are many personal reasons for my pain which i do not what to devolge on here, i also hope everybody who has lost a cherished family member is very soon safely, happily reunited with their loved one.My coping mechanism is to shut myself away, but i do once again express my gratitude to all on doglost, and team Billy!
- 2012-10-07 10:20 Elise
- lucy l, see lorraine below contacts, it may help you to read her story and talk to her, i pray to god our nightmare does not last as long as yours, will prayer for oscars safe return! is he microchipped? ElISe
- 2012-10-06 11:16 starman
- Don't say that Lucy, apparently nobody knows what Elise is going through, even those who have been through the same! I hope anyone who has lost a cherished pet is soon reunited but we should support one another....one persons loss is not greater than anothers....
- 2012-10-04 13:30 LucyL
- No problem Elsie, our Oscar has been missing for nearly two years now so I know what your going through x
- 2012-10-04 10:45 Elise
- Jemharvs, thank you hun
am praying you get to meet Billy when you here end of month
hope you settling into Devon life, Samuel is missing Harvey already!
thank you for keeping in touch xx
- 2012-10-04 10:42 Elise
- borderfan(love that name!) im on the case vwith your message, thank you so much and please stay alert
god bless you xx
- 2012-10-04 10:39 Elise
- Lucy l, Billy had a new black collar with diamondy studs, did also have an id disc,doubt he be in Harlow area,but do hope this dog is traced back to rightful owner though, is your local dog warden aware? God bless you for being alert and thinking of our Billy!!xx
- 2012-10-04 10:34 Elise
- skippy, thank you so much for being alert! i also looked into this, it was a staff who is now reunited with owner, many thanks
keep alert xx
- 2012-10-04 10:31 Elise
- thanks lorraine, i don't enjoy being angry and ranting at world, but has been nice is some of what youve said is exactly how i feel and no ones understood how ive felt the last few months x
- 2012-10-04 10:28 Elise
- Ms Pickles, thank you for message, you are right. other than i have your Billy safe and sound there are NO words that you , or anyone, can say to heal my pain.i am following up, all and every lead! Thank you, felt better during day yesterday, just shut my curtains and hibernated inside, actually did me good to have a day without patrinising fools making ridiculously silly comments, i cant cope with public at mo, just doglost friends, god bless you for your kind thoughts, keep praying for billys safe return xx
- 2012-10-04 10:12 Elise
- thank you spangles! that means so much! Samuel is getting ready for halloween and is preparing what Billy will wear for trick or treat this year, please god may my baby have his best friend home by then and hes heart not broken again
- 2012-10-04 10:07 Elise
- just had another possible sighting in area under suspecion!!Last edited: 2012-10-04 10:08:55 by Elise
- 2012-10-03 20:17 JemHarvs
- Me too, still keeping a look out from Devon!
Miss Elise and Samuel! Hoping for good news when I return x
- 2012-10-03 18:59 SanBarn
- LucyL & borderfan, I've sent Elise a text to let her know. Thanks for keeping an eye out for Billy. xx
- 2012-10-03 18:57 SanBarn
- LucyL & borderfan, I've sent Elise a text to let her know. Thanks for keeping an eye out for Billy. xx
- 2012-10-03 14:36 borderfan
- Hi there, found this on preloved in witham?? This dog has been fully stripped out, and is a bit slimmer but thought it worth posting just in case. http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/106555612/border-terrier-dog.html
- 2012-10-03 14:26 LucyL
- What colour collar did Billy have when he went missing? Did he have a round tag? The reason I ask is that my neighbour saw a Border Terrier type dog in his garden at the weekend with a red collar and round tag, he thought it was our missing Oscar and tried calling him but the dog ran off (Oscar went missing back in January 2011) We live in Threshers Bush, near Harlow so quite a way from you but you just never know. We don't know of anyone else in the area with a dog of this description so wanted to check if it could be Billy?
- 2012-10-02 22:54 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Ah - thanks Sanbarn - there was so little detail with it, it was hard to know where to start cross-checking. Glad it's being checked out...sorry it's not Billy.
- 2012-10-02 17:29 SanBarn
- Hi skippy, the found dog is the same one that is in our found section ID 43513, this dog is also on preloved. We've been checking it out and the Basildon DW is aware. Spangles has spoken to this woman and made her aware that she is breaking the law by not informing the DW, also this dog could have come from anywhere in the country and the owner going frantic with worry. xx
- 2012-10-02 16:57 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Just spotted the following on Gumtree and wondered whether someone wanted to investigate further - no sensible details on this at all, but it sounds like finder may not have contacted Dog Warden:
DOG FOUND ON LOWER DUNTON ROAD LANGDON HILLS BASILDON ESSEX
I found a dog last night being Saturday 29 Septemeber 2012 at approx 9.15pm
the dog was roaming in the road outside the back gates of Fyern Manor.
The dog is very friendly and is now in my home untill i can find its owner.
I am taking the dog to the vets tomorrow to see if it has been microchipped if not i will place posters around the area i found it.
I WILL NOT GIVE ANY DETAILS OVER AS THE OWNER WILL KNOW ALL THE CORRECT INFORMATION.
I WILL NOT GIVE IT TO THE DOG WARDEN, AS I DONT WANT IT IN A COLD KENNEL WHEN I AM HAPPY TO KEEP IT SAFE, WARM, LOVED AND FED MYSELF.
IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR DOG PLEASE EMAIL ME A FULL DECRIBTION WITH SEX AND ANY UNUSAL MARKINGS AND IF CORRECT I WILL RETURN THE DOG.
- 2012-10-02 13:59 Lorraine - Area Co-ordinator Kent
- Thanks for your emails Elise... I'm enjoying ranting at the world with you xxx
- 2012-10-02 09:00 MSPickles
- Elise, there is nothing I can say to ease your pain but I just wanted to say we will never forget Billy. I check daily to see if there are any new sightings or updates and I know one day something will come to light.
You must do whatever you feel is right to get you through this stage but you will come thought this stronger than ever.
Come on Billy, we know your out there somewhere, give us a sign. Until your back home safe and sound take care little one xx
- 2012-10-01 21:11 Spangles
- Elise, none of us will forget about Billy, I think about him everyday, and will do until we find him, every lead, every possible will be followed up, we are all here to help you find him, however long or short a time it may take we will keep looking xxx
- 2012-10-01 17:56 Elise
- to all,
sorry im quiet, pain really is now too much to bear and the only way i am getting through the days is to isolate myself from the world, and shut myself off from people. please do not forget billy though!! WANT THE WORLD TO KEEP EYES AND EARS AND MICROCHIP SCANNERS HANDY
all my love
- 2012-10-01 17:51 Elise
- lorraine, jemharvs showed me your you tube video, too close to home!! i am so pleased you have your family reunited!! apologise for past comment to you, will email you in person to explain why i feel like that, didn't mean for it to sound as it did! do not want to put on doglost page for the world to see what a hash ive made of my life! so will email you if thats okay
- 2012-10-01 17:47 Elise
- thank you kimmybear,
its heartbreaking beyonds words when your family member is missing.the daily emotional rollercoaster of hope and desperation and devestation is just torture.I do get upset and angry with the injustice of life!!! Appreciate all the love and support from doglost more than words can express! jemharvs showed me the lily story than san was mentioned, too close to home for me to watch, as my son asks is billy home every day when comes home from school!!
- 2012-10-01 17:39 Elise
- san, typed in dogs reunited and dog name lily, came up with 41 results! wasnt sure which story you wanted me to read
- 2012-09-30 22:11 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks Lorraine. x
- 2012-09-30 19:22 Lorraine - Area Co-ordinator Kent
- Hey Elise - hang on in there and dont give up hope x if you want to email me to get my number to have a rant, cry, chat... whatever you want, please do. Its a horrible dark time when of course youre going to feel terrible and alone but we are all here for you squirreling away behind the scenes xxx firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2012-09-28 12:13 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- It is incredibly heartbreaking to lose a dog and many of us who volunteer on DogLost have been in that situation, or, seen others in that situation. We all get upset and sometimes we get angry, as often it's the stress talking. All we can do is offer love and support. Lorraine's sweet dog, Lily, was finally found after months of desperation and we are all working to get sweet Billy found too. Billy also has a chip, like Lily. Please keep watch for any BT that we can check out, discreetly. Thank you. x
- 2012-09-27 09:42 Elise
- i followed the lead and wasnt my boy. now unfit to work so am in area every day.all day
- 2012-09-26 18:35 SanBarn
- Sadly the BT that we have been watching is not Billy. However, we do still believe he is in that area and we will be keeping watch. xx
- 2012-09-26 13:52 Elise
- lorraine, no one knows how i feel or what i am going through!!
- 2012-09-25 01:14 SanBarn
- Elise,Lorraine, below, is Lilys mum, read Lilys reunited story, ID 23903, it will inspire you and probably make you cry too, it did me! xx
- 2012-09-24 14:06 Lorraine - Area Co-ordinator Kent
- Elise I've shared on all my doggy FB groups and keeping an eye online for you. I know exactly what youre going through, hang on in there xxx
- 2012-09-23 21:53 Aud40
- Elise do hope the recent sightings mean you and Samuel are soon reunited with Billy,keep thinking positive Elise.x x
- 2012-09-22 23:05 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- A few possibles but we are all still working behind the scenes due the nature of these possibles. Pls keep looking anywhere in Basildon and anywhere else for that matter. Thank you everyone. x
- 2012-09-22 10:52 Elise
- San,Jemharvs has been FANTASTIC support!! Would be great if they could meet Billy before they go. Samuel adores Harvey ! Feeding him sausages and giving him kisses and cuddles, no complaintsfrom Harvey with this!!
- 2012-09-22 10:49 Elise
- I second jemharvs comment! and thank you for signing samuels plaster from harvey, hes showing everyone!!on no a week monday! we will miss you and harvey terribly!!xxx
- 2012-09-22 10:46 Elise
- Lisamell, thank you for your support also,what we deserve in life and what we get cruelly do not match. we never deserved to have our boy stolen in the first place! Samuel is coping better than i imagined with his incapacity thank you
- 2012-09-22 10:42 Elise
- MSPickles, thank you for your support, we are praying daily these recent sightings are bringing us closer to our family being reunited. Extremely happy is an understatement!! the last 82 days have been so traumatic it will take time for all 3 of us to recover when we are reunited, but our love and bond is such we will in time get a quality of life back, but not till he is home!
- 2012-09-22 10:37 Elise
- Thank you Aud 40 for adding to your fb! No words to describe what we going through!. my baby is distraught, as his mummy its my job to heal any pain he is in, but this time i cannot, no words can express the pain this causes me!!
- 2012-09-22 10:34 Elise
- Annie sparky, i am immensly proud of Samuel, he is being SO brave, was back at hospital this week for more xrays and plaster, and we doing it again in 3 weeks.Having Billy home will be the best medicine for him though, thats all hes talking about!
- 2012-09-22 10:30 Elise
- Thank you kimmybear for bumping Billy up again, come on decent folk of Laindon, please be aware of and on the look out for our Billy!3 sightings of my boy in area, we are nearly there!!!
- 2012-09-21 19:43 SanBarn
- JemHarvs, we are all going to miss you, you have given Elise and Samuel so much support and I know Harvey has been a great source of comfort for Samuel. Incase I don't get a chance later, I'll wish you a safe journey and good luck in your new home. In the meantime let's see if we can get Billy home before you go. xx
- 2012-09-21 13:18 JemHarvs
- Glad to see Billy bumped after more sightings! Come on people someone must know exactly where he is! Please join Billy's group if u have Facebook and spread the word to your friends etc!
Come billy home time!
San just seen your comment, go week Monday! :-( going to miss Elise and Sam
- 2012-09-21 12:29 LisaMell
- I check every day too and my heart leapt this morning when I saw Billy bumped!! Elise you are truly remarkable and so deserve to have your darling boy safely home soon. Do hope Samuel is coping ok with his leg in plaster!!Thinking of you every day. Come on Billy xxx
- 2012-09-21 11:46 MSPickles
- Hi Elise, I am still checking everyday for news on Billy. Hopefully this latest sighting will bring Billy back home safe and sound, making two very special people extremely happy. Well done Team Billy. Time to go home now handsome chap x
- 2012-09-21 08:51 Aud40
- I have re posted on my Fb we so need to find this little Billy.x
- 2012-09-21 08:46 Aud40
- Do hope Billy is found very soon and back with his owner and son,it must be so hard for Mum explaining to her son why Billy is not here with them.Good Luck to the team looking for this lovely Bt.x x x
- 2012-09-21 00:21 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Another sighting, similar area to surveillance area. Please will everyone keep a look out in Basildon housing estates for Billy. The more sightings we get the better to narrow it down. Thank you. x
- 2012-09-20 08:44 AnnieSparky
- Good luck Elise and Team Billy, hope Samuel is managing with his leg in plaster.......fingers crossed your Billy is found soon xx
- 2012-09-18 23:36 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Team Billy is working behind the scenes, so sorry we are a bit quiet. x
- 2012-09-17 22:51 Elise
- Thank you annie sparks i will check that .before i get sectioned!
- 2012-09-15 22:28 AnnieSparky
- Long shot as bit of a distance,think Tadley is near Basingstoke ? ....hoping Billy is back home very soon:
15 Sep 2012
Location: Tadley RG26
Colour: Brown Tan
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
Last edited: 2012-09-15 22:33:36 by AnnieSparky
- 2012-09-13 12:18 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Call receive of possible sighting. Under surveillance.x
- 2012-09-13 10:50 Elise
- As San has mentioned Samuel has a metatarsal fracture, he is home now, but unable to weightbare for 6 weeks and has pop upto knee. Hes been very brave!! Billy he is asking for you, and despite all the wonderful care at Basildon hosp childrens a&e dept, and the analgesia. having Billy home would be the BEST medicine!!!!
- 2012-09-13 10:45 Elise
- jO , i have emphasised our brilliant DW Sarah, and emailed her in person. Heavily postered in sighting areas only
- 2012-09-13 10:43 Elise
- Jemharvs you clearly not the only one whoose blood has boiled! I haven't caused any damage or meant to offend anyone, just want my family reunited and to fix my sons broken heart, soory if that offends anyone, YES THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT , cant express my gratitude to you all! Yes Jemharvs we def need our boy back before you leave!!
- 2012-09-13 10:35 Elise
- Kimmybear i agree with all of your comment, Sarah does her best in a hard position. Well council i will not comment on, some police have been very symphathetic,again please don't tie all with same brush. our country just lacks justice. Thats right Kim they advertise you to poster, so have to admit im hurt, angry and baffled
- 2012-09-13 10:28 Elise
- I have no regrets about postering, as yesterday alone i had a call from a rescue centre at bishops stortford, they are ringing me when acquire any BTs, and a possible sighting of Billy! So even if i get fined, it has been worth it for me, as the posters are doing what i intentended, will remove them whem Billy home
- 2012-09-13 10:23 Elise
- Spangles i agree totally with your theory!!
- 2012-09-13 10:21 Elise
- Thank you sue for your support, DW Sarah Moran has been supportive
- 2012-09-13 10:19 Elise
- Thank you millypod and debs for your support, just make sure you direct your ill feeling in the right direction, Regards
- 2012-09-13 10:17 Elise
- thank you for advertising Billy in countryman mag , San thanks for not joining me in never giving up on Billy!
- 2012-09-13 10:02 Elise
- Dear supporters, sorry for delay was with my son in hospital. I would personnall like to repeat the comments. Though i am not happy with Basildon council for encouraging me to poster and threaten a fine and prosecution. the dog warden for that are is Sarah Moran and she is an angel! She works very hard, is compassionate about dog welfare, and has shown me great support. Please do not judge our terrific dog warden on the account of Basildon Council, there actions should bear no effect on the hard work of Sarah Moran! Regards
- 2012-09-13 10:01 SanBarn
- Well poor Samuel has fractured a metatarsal (bone in foot) and is in plaster, Elise spent most of yesterday at the hospital. Nevertheless, the hunt for Billy continues, lot's going on in the background so don't worry if it seems a bit quiet on here. Jem, when do you leave? Team Billy will miss you, you have given Elise and Samuel so much support. xx
- 2012-09-13 09:00 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- I would just like to very strongly re-iterate that Sarah, the Basildon Dog Warden is fantastic and not only does her job VERY well, but also very often goes beyond the boundaries of her job to help dogs and their owners. She has been working alongside Doglost ever since she started the job (yes I roped her in almost before she'd got in the door!) and that has seen some fantastic 'against all odds' reunions as well as Sarah publicising and supporting DogLost at every opportunity. I suspect as others have said there has been a complaint....I haven't seen the level of posters in that area (saw lots when I was cycling in Brentwood - well done!) but be mindful of the warning and sensible with the quantity of posters - I'm not saying restrict and use less than needed but don't go to the other extreme and have too many very close together....its getting the balance right.
- 2012-09-12 23:04 JemHarvs
- Ps the dog warden in Basildon is fantastic! Keep up the good work. And well done team billy all the support and help you've given Elise! Let's get Billy back before I leave! X
- 2012-09-12 23:02 JemHarvs
- That got my blood all boiled earlier seeing that! Throw a spanner in the works council, how about helping us and telling us the guilty party who complained? Lol
Surely no damage is done with a paper friendly poster?
Anyways anyone with access to Internet and able to print a poster off could have put posters up so they'll have a job charging everyone!
Come on billy show yourself your poor mummy and lil injured/brave soldier needs you!!
- 2012-09-12 21:52 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Julie, your comment was well understood and I felt just as angry. Basildon dog warden is excellent, but I know where you are coming from - the council! I feel the same. If the council tried to crack down more on crime then we wouldn't need posters up to find stolen dogs. Totally agree. But, of course, as Elise says its the criminals who seems to get off lightly, whether down to the council, the police or the courts. So its up to us Dog Lost folk to keep working for our dogs and to educate councils and police. I am so glad we have a good DW in Basildon, we all know how much we need her there! But, DW's do work for the council so you have not offended, I am sure our dear dog warden understands and is probably just as frustrated. I have been advised that Basildon council advises dog owners to poster for missing dogs on their website! Hmm......
- 2012-09-12 19:37 Julie
- Apologies to all I just felt so upset for poor Elise I expect the dog warden does do an excellent job so sorry for my comment. It is just so upsetting and frustrating when dogs are lost or stolen and I had a bad day yesterday so not in a good frame of mind when I made the comment - please delete it I didn't mean to affend people. Julie x
- 2012-09-12 18:21 SanBarn
- Hi Julie, the Basildon dog warden does an excellent job, she's one of the best, she has a very large area to cover, rural and urban, quite often she's working behind the scenes to rescue dogs and ensure they get home. Hope this reassures you. xx
- 2012-09-12 14:46 Spangles
- Elise if you can take one thing from this let it be a positive, if you have put that many posters up they feel the need to ask for no more then you are getting the message out there about Billy. It does say future occurences, it doesn't actually ask you to remove those already in place and there were still loads up yesterday so abide by the request, poster no more, but perhaps Basildon will allow those already up to remain in place with the agreement that they will be removed once Billy is home. Perhaps the request has come from a complaint, who would have reason to complain about posters and the publicity they are bringing??????????? Billy is our priority and Team Billy will stay focused on finding him xxxxxx
- 2012-09-12 14:02 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I have no idea how wonderful or not the dog warden has been in Billy's case but Basildon Borough Council need to read this page and see exactly how much hard work goes into looking for a missing dog instead of issuing threats to owners who have very few options of how to go about tracing their dog.
- 2012-09-12 13:48 Jayne - Head Office
- Please dont attack our wonderful dog wardens...tx...we have so many on site who are gems.
- 2012-09-12 13:22 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I have to say, I am so upset about this, I will not comment further at the moment. Come on Billy, let us find you. x
- 2012-09-12 13:02 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- MY GOOD GOD! now im am someone who is known for being vocal but by god i am speechless!
- 2012-09-12 11:28 millypod
- BASILDON BOROUGH COUNCIL hang your heads in shame. Lets hope none of you lose or have your dog stolen and need Dog Lost services.
Elise I live in cheshire and like everyone on here check the websites for missing dogs. Good luck you will find him.
Team Billy you are all brilliant.x
- 2012-09-12 11:11 SanBarn
- Elise, I know how hard you have worked to get Billy home, he is famous far and wide,radio appeals,local papers,posters,facebook,CWM,twitter,Dog shows etc. He will turn up,one phone call, a trip to the vet,he may even get picked up by the DW if he's set loose. No one on DL ever gives up looking.There will be people checking the rescue sites and sites like Gumtree,we have eyes and ears everywhere.xx
- 2012-09-12 10:40 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-09-12 09:24 Elise
- Well what can i say. Crime DOES pay!
Well done thieves. A honest.hard working. Law abidding citizen faces a penalty charge along with the cost of posters.petrol.phone bills.postage costs etc etc.and thieves have a few hundred scummy pounds in their pocket.no fine! Obvisouly pays to have no heart and conscience and morals !!!
- 2012-09-11 23:32 Julie
- Perhaps Basildon Council could muster their dog wardens into helping find Billy then there would be no need for desperate owners to put posters up. Julie x
- 2012-09-11 09:54 Jayne - Head Office
- PLEASE READ...email from Basildon council...can posters be restricted to notice boards and shop windows please.
> Dear Sirs,
> > please could you contact me with reference to the posters that
> > been distributed across the area of Basildon Borough Council. They
> > have reference to your company "Dog Lost"
> > This activity is considered as an offence and as such future
> > occurrences will be dealt with by way of a fixed penalty notice /
> > removal charges and prosecutions in extreme cases.
> > I would appreciate your co operation in this matter, and the
> > why this activity is not acceptable.
- 2012-09-10 22:02 JemHarvs
- Good to have u back San hope u had a nice hols!
Elise u have done so so well and deserve little Billy back soon!
Like spangles said of reading this after seeing a poster please please have a heart and return to rightful owner! Poor Elise and her son have been through so much!!
Facebook have people talking and many more eyes watching so hope to have Billy back soon! X
- 2012-09-10 21:47 Spangles
- Welcome home Sanbarn, the calls of Essex were to hard to resist, good to have you back xx
- 2012-09-10 21:45 Spangles
- Well done on the poster front Elise, they are everywhere, you've done an incredible job getting that many up, and well done Andrew, good to have you on Team Billy. One phone call is all it takes, so if someone is now reading this page because they have seen the posters going up, please have a heart and put Elise and Samuel out of the misery that has been caused. Any calls will be in the strictest confidence, and our priority is to get Billy back to his family, if you don't want to call the numbers on the poster please just take him to a local vet, tell them he is microchipped and registered on doglost, that is all you need to do, they will do the rest, no names need to be left no contact details need to be given, just please hand him in so he can be returned to his loving rightful owners.
- 2012-09-10 18:27 Elise
- PLEASE everyone remember CRAVITZ PRINTING@ Brentwood whenever you need posters etc. Andrew there is throughly nice chap, has done superb job for me at the best price by far, and Friday he did me job lot within hours!! He deserves recognition for hes part in team Billy! Thank you Andrew!
- 2012-09-10 18:21 Elise
- Welcome home San! i been working on Billy campaign again today, very busy train station nearby is now well postered. taxi rank and police in that area were great too. Don't know what more i can do!!! Samuel and i went to church yesterday to continue our prayers for Billys safe return. Come on there must be one honest, decent person in the world!! please restore my faith in human nature and give me the call that answers our prayers!Last edited: 2012-09-10 18:23:52 by Elise
- 2012-09-10 18:02 SanBarn
- Ok, I'm back. Although I have been away, Kim and Spangles have kept me up to date with what's been happening.
JemHarvs,great for Billy to have a FB page, well done!
And the Paul O'Grady page is great work too Kim! xx
- 2012-09-10 09:42 Elise
- thank you so much jemharvs! im sure he is local but if not then weve reached a larger audience. yest put up another 150 posters in me area.all around x
- 2012-09-09 21:56 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- JemHarvs, you are great! I put Billy on Paul O'Grady's page Elise, but if anyone else has too, that can only be good. x
- 2012-09-09 12:23 JemHarvs
- OK GUYS - I have create a fb page - Billy is now on facebook!!!
Feel free to add yourselves, spread the word to people in the area and people who maybe able to help! Thank you!
- 2012-09-08 20:39 Elise
- have put 150 posters up in the ME area today if theories and coinsequences are true then they wilk get the message im closing in!
- 2012-09-08 20:34 Elise
- thank you kimmybear for paul o grady link. got another few hundred posters
- 2012-09-08 17:18 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- From Facebook: Paul O'Grady is asking for details of missing dogs so he can help spread the word for as many people as possible.....you have to message them on his page at the link below and state your dogs name, breed,colour,date went missing,contact no,area,reward? Microchip? and add a picture xx Good luck http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-OGrady-For-The-Love-of-Dogs-ITV1/138325049645010?sk=wall
- 2012-09-07 16:29 Elise
- thanks kimmybear.god how good will we sleep when billy home!thank yov every single person on team billy!x
- 2012-09-07 16:24 Elise
- 2012-09-07 16:16 Elise
- koalababe.thank u for your message of support.wish i could say more but dont know who reads this.believe me im still hard at work every day and am getting nearer my baby now!want the story to affect the heart of someone who knows my missing piece of jigsaw! situation is heart breaking on so many levels.wasnt me who lost billy.this has opened up a very painful can of worms!im a mum whose heart is broken because my son has a broken. heart
- 2012-09-07 13:21 Elise
- thank you mspickles for message.it wont be long before my family reunited now. its not that im strong.its my love for billy and the anger at humans that keeps me fighting!
- 2012-09-06 23:12 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Checking that out Jollyloluk. x
- 2012-09-06 23:11 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Update, as Spangles said, there is so much going on in background, but still no concrete evidence. A lot has been uncovered but we won't know till we find Billy, whether this is evidence or coincidence. But, let's just say, a lot of coincidences, for now. All leads being followed and a lot of work being done by Elise, JemHarvs and Spangles. Others working behind the scenes. We can all sleep once we get Billy home. x
- 2012-09-06 20:44 Spangles
- Lots going on in the background at the moment so if Team Billy is a little quiet on the post front fear not, we are working hard and things are starting to add up but for now the posts will not say too much......Elise you are a star you have done so much and more, you so deserve to get Billy home and we will get him home, we will not stop until we have found him.....we will polish up your detective skills never know when his home safe and sound you could have two possible career changes, advertising or Private Eye.....xxx
- 2012-09-06 16:54 koalababe
- Also been following from the start. Never have I wished so hard for a dog to be found. Your story has touched me more than any other. You so deserve to find Billy.
- 2012-09-06 12:23 MSPickles
- I have been following this since the beginning but as I am too far away to help, haven't posted. Elise you are such a strong lady, please take care of yourself. I'm sure it won't be long now until Billy is back with you and Samuel, safe and sound where he should always be.
- 2012-09-06 08:21 Elise
- Kind of you to say Jemharvs, but you being polite, i must be awful company at mo!! It really melts my heart how Samuel and Harvey have bonded, hes been like therapy for Samuel, at least Samuel getting his fix of doggy cuddles in Billys absence, and Harvey getting extra fuss, so win win! You saw my lateast posters, it says exactly what you say. Come on Billy youre birthday cake is now out of date, lets get another and have a party of a lifetime!!! If love can bring a dog home, then no doubt you be back to us. Im fighting with every ounce of energy left in me for you billy boy!!
- 2012-09-06 08:14 Elise
- thank you jollyloluk, i know billys whereabouts now, am just adding final piece to jigsaw! no ifs and maybes now ,at last, have real physical evidence!
- 2012-09-06 07:19 JemHarvs
- Thanks Elise! We enjoy your company Harvey loves Samuel!
I can't believe how clues evidence piling up now!!
If someone put there genuinely didn't know you've got billy please please return him there's a little boy and his mum heartbroken! No action will be taken just need their beloved brother/baby back!
Whoever took him and you're reading this I can't believe you did such a cruel thing, it was theft, but if you come forward anonymously if you have to and help that would make two people (who you've made literally sick with worry!) over the moon!
Come on billy time to get you home!! Xx
- 2012-09-06 01:38 Elise
- spangles u make a great detective! im more divvy.but am learning!billy hold on babe im nearly there!still working 24/7 to get u home!
- 2012-09-06 01:38 Elise
- spangles u make a great detective! im more divvy.but am learning!billy hold on babe im nearly there!still working 24/7 to get u home!
- 2012-09-06 01:33 Elise
- thanx kim for update.u just missed bit of dog warden phone number out. thanks
- 2012-09-06 01:28 Elise
- jemgharvs please dont under estimate what u have done! you are amazing.have been so kind and generous. your hugs and support have been priceless! your gorgeous harvey is all that has made samuel smile recently!x
- 2012-09-05 09:22 jollyloluk
- border terrier on homeless hounds website
- 2012-09-04 23:08 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Appeal from Elise - PLEASE help us find our stolen dog. HE IS OVERDUE IMPORTANT VETERINARY TREATMENT! We believe he was stolen from a relative's garden on 2nd July, SS15 area, in the afternoon by a pick up truck with front and back seats and a seperate closed in section at the back, crew cab type vehicle, possibly a Mitsibushi L200, Nissan Navara, Ford Ranger or Toyota Hilux. If ANYONE knows someone with a similar sounding vehicle who lives in, or for any reason may visit Dunton area, PLEASE GET IN CONTACT.
Someone must know Billy's whereabouts, he is a 6 year old, so not a puppy, castrated , microchipped, male border terrier, he is distinctive because he has a browm coat with black ears. Billy can bark quite a lot, so a neighbour must have noticed a young couple who may have gained this dog in the last 8 weeks. We beg for a decent, honest person with information of Billy's whereabouts to do the honest thing and contact either 07821386775, www.doglost.co.uk, 0844 800 3220, or Dog Warden, Sarah Moran on 01268 mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This disappearance has left a seven year old boy distraught!! No words can express the devestating effect this has caused. My son is an only child with special needs and Billy is his brother, best friend and playmate, he has pined for Billy and cried all of the school holidays. Our summer holiday got cancelled because we have spent the last 61 days tirelessly campaigning for Billy's safe return. My son and I can think of nothing else. I plead to any mother to feel my pain of my son who is badly hurting, but this time I can not heal his pain with plasters and cool packs; he has a broken heart. I'm his mummy and should stop my son's pain, but this time i can't and it has broken me as a person.
Billy is now well known to wardens, authorities, police and vets. If the people who have Billy did not know they were buying a stolen dog I assure them that action will not be taken against them. WE NOW JUST NEED BILLY HOME. Please return Billy to where he belongs, his loving home. If the young couple who have him do not want to ring the owner and are worried of being prosecuted then please safely hand over Billy, anonymously, at a vets.
Some one must know who has acquired a middle aged border terrier dog in the last 8 weeks. An unlawful act has been carried out, with heartbreaking consequences. I plead with anyone with genuine knowledge to contact 07821386775, genuine calls only now please, we are going through enough torment.
REWARD GIVEN FOR BILLY'S SAFE RETURN
- 2012-09-04 23:00 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise has done an appeal for the Echo. It is now thought Billy was stolen but we do not have hard evidence, however, if you read Elise's words that I will post above, this is what we are looking for. Thank you. Jem, you gave much needed support to Elise and you are still. Believe me, when your dog goes missing you really need a few "rocks" around you. You did good, girl! xLast edited: 2012-09-04 23:09:15 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-09-04 22:48 JemHarvs
- Sorry haven't been around recently, so busy cramming in work etc before I leave sunny Essex. Will catch up with Elise soon and help in way I can. You sound like you're covering everything Elise. Thanks Kim, San, feel like I haven't helped a huge deal but help in what way I can between work and packing. Hope u have a nice hols San and hopefully we'll have some good news before your return and before I go!
keep going Elise we'll get your boy back! I wonder if it's worth getting Bruce Forsyth involved? Make an appeal? See vetsgetscanning.co.uk xx
- 2012-09-04 13:44 Elise
- thank u spangles and husband for ur great detective work! appreciate it!x
- 2012-09-04 13:32 Elise
- postered grays yest and ingastone again today.
- 2012-09-04 13:29 Elise
- ive contacted 37schools in basildon.laindon.billericay area.thank u cravitz printing for doing me a good deal ! i am now putting out 200posters with latest info on in all areas
- 2012-09-03 00:48 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Spangles is doing extremely well in trying to locate areas where Billy may be. We are working with maps and spreading outwards. Any extra hands on deck, greatly appreciated. We need to cover all of Basildon now too. Elise has done half of it at least, but no corner needs to be left. Thank you. x
- 2012-09-02 22:36 AnnieSparky
- Hoping Billy is found very soon.Team Billy you are working so hard, thinking of you all xLast edited: 2012-09-02 22:37:26 by AnnieSparky
- 2012-09-02 21:10 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise is still plodding on but she is very unwell. I am amending poster to reflect our recent possibilities. Please, please help poster to more Basildon areas and outwards a bit more. Thank you. x
- 2012-09-01 22:01 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- It is possible Billy was stolen from the garden. It is also possible he has been passed on/sold to someone. I don't know the areas every well that way, but I have seen Elise's posters of Billy totally plastered all over the Dunton area. She has done a fantastic job. I do believe we need to get some posters a bit further outwards, but don't know the places, so please can any helpers print the posters, or even put them into smaller flyers, and help Elise to get them out a bit further, maybe 4-8 miles radius, outwards from Kings Road, Basildon. If someone does have Billy, they may know and are keeping him out of sight and possibly walking him very early morning or very late at night. Or, they really haven't seen the posters and don't know he's stolen/missing and may live a bit further out were there are no posters. Or, they really do not connect that the dog they have is actually Billy. I think Spangles idea of getting schools involved is great and let's spread this idea out of Billericay and Basildon a bit further to more schools. We will find him eventually. Team Billy does not stop. x
- 2012-09-01 18:40 SanBarn
- Hi Elise, I'm going to be away for a few weeks and I'm hoping by the time I come home Billy will be found and home with yourself and Samuel. There are lots of people on the lookout for Billy. You can still text me though it may take a while for me to reply as I'm going to be in some very remote areas and may not always have a signal. I'll be thinking of you all while I'm away and will have everything crossed for Billys' safe return. xx
- 2012-09-01 10:59 Elise
- kim, have you found a ruislip road?
- 2012-09-01 10:54 Elise
- spangles, this is first posssibility he been kept. dog picked up by station im sure was not Billy. Don't think he got a chance to get home to Billericay. Definate sightings show Dunton area. Will poster school today ready for return, spoke to blacksmith yest, he was very aware of Billy. If someone got him they cant be walking him!Leaflets being made do emphathise Samuel and Billys bond and that police, authorites and councils are aware of Billy. WILL NOT highlight no action will e taken because it will! im not scum and lie so will only tell truth. If someone has him i will find out who, and although nothing i can legally do to them will go a patch on the pain they have caused us, i WILL prosecute them for not reporting a found dog, and i hope the police lock them up and throw away the key so they realise that you NEVER taske something that does not belong to you!! that mentality is just beyond me!!
- 2012-09-01 10:43 Elise
- Hello Maz, thank you for joining team Billy!! The whole of Essex know about my baby now!when you love so much, you campaign so hard.I have got one particular police officer who is a dog lover and has been amazing to me, she is back on duty sunday, will update her then, thank you so much
- 2012-09-01 10:38 Elise
- Jem , 1,000 leaflets was put through doors weeks ago by me and samuel and we did some knocking on doors then. Cravitz priners came out the cheapest for me yest to do more leaflets, hes got the info and doing job asap. until they arrive i am postering every inch of dunton
- 2012-09-01 10:34 Elise
- Nicola, all i got told was Dunton, have no more info than that .Sure will be microchip that does it for me now. police need evidence before can do a stolen report. if you see him, take apicture, follow them and ring me and police, thanks
- 2012-09-01 10:30 Elise
- Nicola thank you for contact, appreciate any help and contacts within Dunton area
- 2012-09-01 10:28 Elise
- thanks jem, but i wont get well, no medication is a cure for a broken heart!
- 2012-08-31 21:31 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Maz and new helpers - UPDATE - We had a genuine sighting earlier on of a dog like Billy get picked up at Billericay station by a scrap van. The person actually spoke to the scrap men and asked them what they were doing. Elise got help from Billericay police but the CCTV at the station was not working when this dog was nabbed. The scrap men told the person they would be handing the dog into the police but of course this never happened. From this we do know, positively, that a dog was taken but whether it was Billy, is uncertain. We have been led to believe that Billy escaped, however, we do not really know what happened and he could well have been taken to Billericay from Basildon or he could have found his way home to Billericay by the time of this station sighting. Then we had a possible sighting in Botney, then two sightings of a dog like Billy in Dunton. The thing is with the sightings, no one knows which one is really Billy. If any of them or all of them? It did seem very likely he could be in Dunton as on the day he disappeared, someone saw a dog like Billy heading toward Dunton. Then a dog at the bootsale, then three weeks ago, the sighting by Louise near the hay fields. It all seemed to fit. But nothing since, not for three weeks despite constant night, dawn, dusk and day vigils in the area. Someone should have seen him again. So, was it Billy who was stolen by the scrap men? Where did Billy go if it was him at Dunton? How did Billy really end up missing? We have no real knowledge as to how he disappeared, only hearsay as no one seemed to witness it. Elise is now ill, no doubt due to stress as she has been working almost 24/7, barely able to sleep and I don't know how she has managed it. She has been undertaking night vigils, day searches, postering, leafleting etc while missing Billy so badly and looking after her special child, Samuel. If anyone can help, please, please, poster or leaflet drop or offer hands on support. Billy's poster can be printed from here and copied. Even black and white ones on a photocopier will really help. For the next two weeks, we will be two helpers short, so any help is truly welcomed. If we have anyone in the Dagenham, Rainham, especially Ruislip Road area, Ongar, Southend, Wickford areas, please would you poster there? Anything to help will be appreciated. Many thanks on behalf Billy and his loved ones. x
- 2012-08-31 19:48 Spangles
- Been thinking about latest info, and there was a previous possibility that someone was keeping him...I know its another few days to wait but, the school holidays may have done you a favour. Someone must know who has him, a neighbour relative, friend of a friend has gained a dog in the last 6 odd weeks that they didn't have before, more people have been at home due to annual leave, school holidays so I think next week could be the week to hit all the schools that would be in catchment for Dunton.....children can't help but talk, someone is going to say something, Elise I remember a text about him being walked, perhaps someone has walked him for a neighbour or grandparent, they may well go into school and say that they got a new dog, or that a relative got a new dog, they may say they earned some pocket money dog walking. A lot of primary schools put stuff in school bags for children to take home, my childrens school does, so we need to appeal to schools to help us, if we can drop leaflets into schools and ask them to put one in every school bag, I think the leaflet needs to say about the bond with Billy and Samuel and how it is affecting him, we also need to highlight the fact that when found he should have been reported to the Dog Warden and that the police are aware his is missing, the leaflet needs to emphasise that if he is returned no action will be taken and that a reward is available leading to his safe return and that any genuine information will be treated in confidence. Mums love to gossip at the school gate, one chance comment from one mum to another or one child to another and we may just get the lead we need....also could the Echo do another story or the yellow advertiser. Have been thinking all day of route, dates etc and went back over text and posts, he went from Kings RD, possible sightings Queens RD, and by the Blacksmiths, bootsale and rectory road, the chances are that he has remained local, so we need to flush whoever has him out, Billy is so well known about from your shear hard work if someone has him they can't hide much longer.........someone has got to buckle and give us the information xxxxx
- 2012-08-31 17:24 SanBarn
- 2012-08-31 16:24 Elise
- dear all.sadly i do not have the health for orsett show tom.anyone who attends please keep billy in ur thoughts thank u
- 2012-08-31 16:16 Maz
- Hi there...I work for the Police in London...I'm sure u have already,but have u told the local police of this latest development?They won't ignore it,especially with all the interest u have generated in finding Billy (the whole of Billericay is talking about him) : ) x
- 2012-08-31 12:40 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise doesn't have evidence, just a possible tip off and she is getting some leaflets printed today to put through all the doors, I also think she is knocking on every house. Nicola, I am sure Elise could do with your support. Jem you are a fantastic helper I know you have done so much. We tried to amend the current leaflets with Dunton info, but as they were done by a "printers" we couldn't do it. But we have no concrete evidence as yet. Elise, Samuel and Billy need as much help as they can get. Thank you everyone. x
- 2012-08-31 07:02 JemHarvs
- Your joking!? Not all this time? Can we put leaflets through all the doors in that area making him too hot to handle? X
- 2012-08-30 23:19 nicola
- i live where billy went missing and phoned you to say i'd look for him... if he is in the dunton area and you roughly know where, please text me and i'll walk my dogs there... if it is him, as he's micro chipped, you will get him back...he will be classed as stolen if they won't give him back... if i know where he is i'll walk my dogs there and take a picture of him if i see him... nicola 07888731865... i still see his posters on my walks xxx
- 2012-08-30 22:39 AnnieSparky
- Like everyone hope so much this is Billy and he is safe but gets back home to Elise and her little boy Samuel who love him very much xx
- 2012-08-30 22:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Possibile lead that someone may have Billy in the Dunton area and whilst they may be caring for him, do not want to let him go. If this is the case, we are pleading for Billy's safe return to his rightful owners who are heartbroken without him. Thank you.
- 2012-08-30 22:12 JemHarvs
- Oh Elise thought I hadn't heard from u much today!! :-( really hope u get well soon! And listen to those doctors when they tell u to rest!
Can't believe we haven't had anymore sightings, evidence of poss him there away from fields when ploughing etc, now they've finished ploughing fields hopefully he will come out of hiding and follow your scenting! I will carry on trying to help u in between mad work before I head off on my move.
But hoping we will find him by then. Keep that chin up and we'll keep praying. Kisses to u and Samuel xxx
- 2012-08-30 19:33 Elise
- will not be posting on here for a couple of days now, hope whoever knows of billys whereabouts(someone must!!!) are happy now i am ill, some humans have no conscience. went doctors and hes gave me medication that may make me drowsy, so the little bit of life i have left in me will be used effectively
- 2012-08-30 15:39 Elise
- willow.no way can face that
- 2012-08-30 09:43 SanBarn
- The fields are now all cut and ploughed so Billy will be staying to the edges as it will be nigh impossible for him to travel across the land. The hedgerows are very overgrown in places as are the field drain off gullys and these are difficult to search properly.There are also small dense forest areas that are ideal hideouts.I've been doing dawn watch and keeping an eye on an area that has a good supply of fresh food and water. This is a huge rural area,farmers and farm hands are on the lookout for Billy.Come on Billy, out you come so we can capture you!xx
- 2012-08-30 09:30 Elise
- welcome back spangles.not much to catch up on.i been tireselly campaigning for billy safe return for 59 days.but to no avail.thanx have seen orsett show posters.very with someone.but had already got that in my diary for sat thank u xmuch doubt he
- 2012-08-30 09:22 Elise
- lisamel.thank u for message. any kindness at such a distraught time is appreciatedd
- 2012-08-30 09:19 Elise
- lynn.thank u for message.am going to scouts today. cant think about being in blue now.we need a miracle x
- 2012-08-29 21:40 willow1
- hiya here is a dog show Come to Westley Heights and see our annual dog show organised by Gemini Kennels. From dog shows for all to veterinary tips, it's a fun day out for mans best friend.
Event runs from 12noon-4pm i will be poping down here
- 2012-08-29 20:57 Spangles
- Elise, I'm back from hols, with stick of rock for Samuel and Billy x I have been catching up with San and Kim to see where you are at, didn't want you to think I have forgotten about you, always checking in even if I don't reply to text or post on here....one thing I have thought of, this weekend coming on the Saturday, 1st of September is the Orsett Show http://www.orsettshow.co.uk/ not a million miles away from Rectory Road, I think this would be a good area to hit with posters, just in case Billy has slipped out the triangle un noticed, this would give a lot of publicity, we have used the show before to help find Molly a missing Cocker, her owner postered like mad, we asked all cars attending the event to go with a poster in them, stall holders put up posters, her owner got a call that night, a reward was paid and she was reunited....really think this is worth a shot, its a really really busy show, lots of different types, horse people, dog people, the other type of people, if there is any chance someone knows of his whereabouts this may flush them out...xx
- 2012-08-29 17:09 LisaMell
- Hi Elise,Just had to drop you a quick line to say I am thinking of you and check every day to see if Billy has gone into the blue.You will be reunited I am sure of it and no one deserves it more than you and Billy.Your dedication has got to pay off.Sending you much love and positive thoughts that Billy will be home with you soon. xxx
- 2012-08-29 16:46 Lynn
- Elise I'm sure you will be reunited, and will pray it's very soon, get onto those scouts and round them up before they go back to school,(they love camping out too ) so I'm sure they could give you lots of practical help,and maybe help with some night shifts, maybe Samuels friends could also help & join in the search , go armed with Billys favourite treats , and tempt him out of hiding!Good luck, and I will be watching for him to go into the BLUE !! XX
- 2012-08-29 15:15 Elise
- thank u lynn. havent tried scouts but will do.as if billy goes to anyone it will be children.we campaign for billy return every single day.its taken over our lives.im guessing he still area lost.but had no sightings. keep praying.as i do for us to be reunited soon x
- 2012-08-29 11:19 Lynn
- Elise, my heart goes out to both you and Samuel, I would be feeling just the same, looking & serching just takes over your life and you think of nothing else! I'm sure my idea may have been already been thought of and discussed but!are there any local scouts,off duty local police/pcso's, firemen,that you could round up to help youwith one massive search? I know that the scouts are always loking to help the community, do you know if he is still maybe around the area that you thought he was hiding in ? easier said Elise but do try and rest,and eat, and look after you and Samuel, I check Billys page everyday, and you and Samuel are in my thoughts and prayers.So willing Billy to be found and home safe with you soon. Love Lynn xx
- 2012-08-29 08:46 Elise
- had reward on poster.even vetinary one. posters ive made up and put up do say reward on them. thank u.so sad and drained now.no sleep last nite.got thumping head today
- 2012-08-28 23:17 Elise
- kim.im trying to hang in there.
- 2012-08-28 22:39 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Have put reward on the poster, so we need some of these posters out there again now. This may prompt a call. Thank you Spangles for spotting that. x
- 2012-08-28 22:38 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Hang in there. xxx
- 2012-08-28 17:11 Elise
- kim thank u for caring. bad day today.samuel sad and withdrawn.this makes my heart break!d am resting where billy may be.have put hot bacon and wateqg down.waiting to c if he takes it
- 2012-08-27 16:20 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, on DogLost we never say stop looking - never! We do say rest because if you get too ill what will Billy and Samuel do if you are out of action? All we care about is you, Samuel and getting Billy home. And, making sure you are not ill. We love you! x
- 2012-08-26 22:22 Elise
- thank u kim .i wil explain mystery when billys home.no one could do more.ive worked tirelessly for my babys return for 62days.and am still trying new things. yes have had offess of work in advertising! so if nhs cut back nurses i got a back up in advertising! there are more than a thousand eyes looking for billy kim!x
- 2012-08-26 22:14 Elise
- julie i have every faith my baby will return and our family unit will be complete again!
- 2012-08-26 22:12 Elise
- theres a ghost on this page.billy poster pic different again.thank u julie i cant rest til billy is home.plz no one else say that.im sure u mean well but i will scream the next time someone sazs rest.or stop looking. billy mummy will do neither until u are safely back home
- 2012-08-26 12:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, I don't know what this mystery is, but hope it pays off. No one could d try harder than you to get your baby back. All those posters out there means a thousand eyes are watching for Billy, okay? xxx
- 2012-08-26 11:39 Julie
- Elise please look after yourself and try hard to get some rest - as you say there are thousands of people looking as well and keep the faith in that it will only be a matter of time surely before Billy is home. Sending special wishes to you and Samuel. Julie x
- 2012-08-26 10:15 Elise
- mystery lady, day five today. i really am trying my best and doing everything you say. am doing it to upmost of my ability, hope its enough
- 2012-08-26 10:12 Elise
- was thinking of you, and worrying about you yest billy in those storms!! hope you were safe. i was out in storm looking for you, good job asthema nurse insists on me having flu jab!!
- 2012-08-26 10:10 Elise
- i dont know for sure where billy is, but thousands and thousands of people everywhere are on the look out now, it has to be a matter of time!!
- 2012-08-26 10:07 Elise
- thanks kim, you changed our boys poster photo back then i see.we will keep going, will not give up till he is home! Samuel is resting, i just cannot sleep, keep waking up, too scared i will sleep through a text or phonecall or knock at door or bark on doorstep!! our turn must come, please be soon!
- 2012-08-25 20:05 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Keep going Elise. You and Samuel are doing brilliantly. Make sure you get enough rest in between as you need to stay strong and healthy. Your turn will come. x
- 2012-08-25 16:02 Elise
- welcome home honey! ur turn next billy boy! if u sense im hurt and angry pleasd be assured its not with you!come home.just pure love waiting for you xx
- 2012-08-25 15:57 Elise
- ok food left yest has gone.more here now.he got it all here food.water.shelter and comfort. am here on watch again. thank u tiffy dog who only scents where other dogs have for scenting in this place!thats given me hope. posters are going up tom at hatfield pev dog show!!
- 2012-08-25 10:40 Elise
- thank u kim for bumping page again.shame we both missed radio appeal.i am printing off vetinary posters to take out with me now. had poss sighting yest.was there hours yest and going back there all day today
- 2012-08-24 21:07 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Bumped for radio coverage again today. No, Elise I haven't been able to hear it, sadly. I will do that Elise asap. x
- 2012-08-24 10:21 Elise
- julie, let every company you speak to know, everyone has to be aware of billy! thank you SO much!
- 2012-08-24 10:19 Elise
- kim, i leave billy poster pictures upto you, you do what you think best, if you just put vetinary info up then i will print some of them off and put up, thank you
- 2012-08-24 01:01 Elise
- thanx kim.have u heard radio? as im out in fields all day i havent! thank u for bumping up hes page .he been round these pages as much as hes triangle!x
- 2012-08-24 00:57 Elise
- no julie he was really sweet.i wasnt atall scared.just amazed how a rat could eat so much and big chunks! thank u for offer.ford website was a headache.couldnt get any joy there!x
- 2012-08-23 21:26 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Bumped as Billy is still on the radio. x
- 2012-08-23 21:26 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Oh, Julie, they're just like little dogs, don't worry. But I never would have thought of a rat eating the food! Hedgehogs, even, but not rats! At least Elise has produced a nice happy, healthy rat family around the church now :-) And, San has watched fox families playing with night goggles. All we need now is Billy! I'm changing the poster photo as Elise has another one. We'll give it a whirl, although I quite like seeing his little face in the current one, this one has his whole body and face for the poster. x
- 2012-08-23 20:23 Julie
- OMG Elise how dreadful a rat eating the food like that I am petrified of them and would have screamed and screamed lol! What a huge amount for a rat to eat too. Will be great if Billy is trying to make his way home now have everything crossed for you. If you need any e-mailing to any companies you haven't covered do let me know and I will do it for you. Best wishes. Julie x
- 2012-08-23 13:07 Elise
- san you beat me to updating billy page re our greedy culprit! yes can you believe it guys a Mr Roland rat!! i was baffled as put 3 big sausages down in bush ,big chunks, and while i watched the food when missing without a rustle! thought i was going mad, so i put chicken in bowl and watched up close from side view and could not believe my eyes when as clear as day a big, grey rat appeared. if i didnt see a rat eat 3 saus and a chicken breast for my own eyes i would never of believed it! san saw him too so sleep deprivation and stress hasnt caused me to illusinate! was on look out last night as sun went down, san helped do dawn watch, i owe her a big drink!, but hes still hiding, im convinced hes had enough holiday now, getting fed up and wants creature comforts again so is heading back home! come on billy, time to come home now!xxx
- 2012-08-23 12:57 Elise
- julie, okay thank you i will contact ford directly now, kim thanks for continued support and updating billy profile, i also believe that was a bed but think his moving more north now. today i am finish trek from where i got upto to home through the fields with scenting and hot fresh food and then back on roads postering, i will be so fit!!!
- 2012-08-23 12:16 SanBarn
- Elise and myself watched the area where food was disappearing from and the culprit is a large grey rat, a rather fat one now after his diet of sausages and chicken! Elise is doing the dusk patrol of certain areas and scenting towards home, I'm doing the dawn patrol. xx
- 2012-08-22 20:22 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, I still believe that was a bed. I cannot think of another animal that could make a bed like that. It didn't really fit with a fox, although it's possible but it seemed heavier than a fox and foxes have their dens. Too out of the way for cats and not make like a cat would do and too big for little creatures, even with big stomachs :-) I know that was a bed, but by who? You are doing really well. Just keep spreading the word. x
- 2012-08-22 19:35 Julie
- Elise - I don't see why you shouldn't e-mail Ford at Dagenham direct to their personnel department I am sure they would be pleased to help you or in fact any businesses around the Dagenham area especially when you tell them of the strong bond between your little boy and Billy. With all good luck and wishes to you. Julie x
- 2012-08-22 12:02 Elise
- THANK YOU to lady who was brave enough to ring a stranger this morning, i do appreciate your call, please be assured your information was listened to, will stay secret, and followed up precisely! kind regards
- 2012-08-22 11:58 Elise
- an appeal for anyone who works or knows someone who works at fords @dagenham , want billys appeal to go up in posters and on company intra hub if poss PLEASE
- 2012-08-22 11:56 Elise
- kim thank you for bumping up billy profile asgain, i have sent you reviewed poster if you dont mind doing that for me please
- 2012-08-22 11:54 Elise
- rain last night so hopefully i see paw prints today!! had tip off billy may be dagenham area, so eyes peeled there! i have made appeal with barking and dagenham post newspaper to cover every angle. thank you kim i have had sightings and still have hope!! am less distraught and more pro active today than yest, yest was a bad day. thank you gina, doglost peeps do know there stuff, i have every faith in them! the knowing is pure torture, so emotionally awful! do hope billy, like me, is a survivor, if there is a god i will have billy back home, except your hugs with grattitude! love Elise
- 2012-08-22 10:33 Gina
- Elise, listen to the people on here, they know what they are talking about. Believe me I know exactly how you feel, this was my worry for Jamie - The not knowing is crushing - but sounds to me like Billy is a survivor ! you will see him again. Hugs to you, Gina and Jamie xx
- 2012-08-21 23:38 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, we are all with you on this. You've got some sightings so no reason why you won't get some more, Billy is just being elusive which may not be a bad thing at the moment. He is a survivor and that is in his favour when hiding out. We'll find him. All those leaflets were brilliant, someone must know what happened. Deep breath, okay. You are doing everything right. xxx
- 2012-08-21 23:09 Elise
- julie.thank u for ur kind words.just reunite my family unit thats all i want!xLast edited: 2012-08-21 23:11:15 by Elise
- 2012-08-21 22:58 Elise
- yes well done danny lawerence! gateway responded in our time of need when other essex stations did not.so lets all retune our radios to 97.8fm!
- 2012-08-21 22:35 SanBarn
- Well done Elise for yet another day of scenting, you've walked miles again! Good work with the radio station too. I've been checking field drainage ditches and certain areas where food is being eaten, have also found old paw prints and if these belong to Billy this means he may be heading north and that's what we want. There is rain in the area tonight so I'm hoping there will be enough of it to show any fresh prints. Spangles, excellent idea to lay sand in certain areas to find out if Billy is visiting those places.xx
- 2012-08-21 19:27 Julie
- Dear Elise - please keep going - if there is anything I can do for you in East Sussex please do let me know. I keep checking on here and am thinking of you and your little boy and praying for Billy to be reunited with you. Julie x
- 2012-08-21 14:51 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Shame every radio station doesn't put lost dogs on but hope it brings Billy home
- 2012-08-21 13:29 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Well done for getting Billy on the radio Elise.
- 2012-08-21 11:00 Elise
- please anyone and everyone im so desperate to get my baby back, please help anyway you can
- 2012-08-21 10:58 Elise
- i would personally like to give special thanks to danny lawrence at gateway radio 97.8 fm for airing billys appeal!! much grattitude to you
- 2012-08-21 10:56 Elise
- kim, i feel i let billy down he should be at home with us being fussed and pampered, instead he is god knows where going through god knows what! did what was best for billy that day but my actions haunt me!! shall we start to organise big search party, i cant carry on this ordeal for much longer.
- 2012-08-20 22:15 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- DJ is Danny Lawrence on Gateway 97.8fm.
- 2012-08-20 22:07 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Billy is on the local radio every day this week - appeal for Billy. Bumped.
- 2012-08-20 13:12 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, you did not let him down at all. This was out of your hands and we don't know why these things happen. You were looking after him and that is why you took him there, so he could be looked after while you were at work. You weren't to know what would happen and it is totally not your fault. We will find him! I will come back out again to help and we can do a search party - no problem. x
- 2012-08-20 09:41 Elise
- kimmybear, had very confusing day yest, will email you the details.i am praying for that party!! if i was the best it would never of happened in first place, ive let billy down,sprinkled roast chicken in discussed areas, no bowls.we may need a group search with branching out in different areas at dusk/dawn to catch him. jemharvs has been superb support, another angel! these are the times you find out who is genuiene indeed! when billy in my arms i wont ever want to stop cuddling him!xx
- 2012-08-20 09:33 Elise
- spangles, thanks for keeping updated, but enjoy your holiday too! thanks for my boys stick of rock, theyll enjoy tuck of war with that! lots more evidence yest, but confusing day, i text you, love elisexx
- 2012-08-20 09:29 Elise
- Gina, beyond me too! only the very disturbed souls could be so cruel! they didnt see him as a pet.Billy did have such an awful start and was so lovely and rewarding to see him so happy, but since my ex husband lost him because of all billys past it has made this so so much worse. i promised billy no one would ever hurt him again, and i feel ive failed him now as, although while not in my care, he has got lost and i dont know where he is and if hes okay, its torture!!thanks for crossing your fingers for us!xx
- 2012-08-19 22:21 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, I really think you have located him, we just need to actually catch him. This will happen eventually and then we'll declare it a holiday and Team Billy can have a party! You really are the best! Remember no bowls anywhere. I think dawn and dusk are probably best. When San arrives, I think we should try to do two locations at once with the equipment, as discussed. Whatever is done is something and at some point, he has to surface again. You are doing really great. Jem, thanks for being such a great helper. It times of need, as Elise, says, you really know who the good ones are! Elise, our thanks will be seeing Billy back in your arms. You, Samuel and Billy are constantly in my prayers. x
- 2012-08-19 20:40 Spangles
- Elise, Samuel and all of team Billy, just to let U know I am thinking of U all and checking regularly. Lets hope the evidence continues and the equipment we now have gives us the edge. Come on Billy, im bringing U and Samuel a stick of rock back so ya better be home. Big hugs to U all xxxx
- 2012-08-19 19:21 Gina
- I for the life of me can't understand why anybody would want a pet just to be cruel and nasty, poor Billy to have such an awful start, well done Elise for rescuing him and giving him a loving home, so pleased he has been sighted, that's a start. Fingers crossed for you .xx
- 2012-08-19 16:35 Elise
- kim, thanks for encouragment and i take all your advice on board! im so pleased for family jamie and pixie, yes billy can you hear us its our turn to be in the blue next!! def will let samuel call, he been such a star and has been out every day and night looking for play mate and best friend. they have a special bondm and have from first time they met, despite his sorry state billy went and sat on samuels lap and kissed him the first day we saw billy, over time me and billy fell in love with each other and the trust and bond was made, but billy loved samuel instantly! that why we chose him over all the lovely dogs that deserved a loving home, and because he a sweetie!!
- 2012-08-19 16:25 Elise
- spangles, again my new friend, i cannot thank you enough for your help yest while i was mum to my other boy,im glad that i didnt imagine things as i want to see them so badly, enjoy your holiday, keep rubbing that budda he not home yet! you will hear me scream with joy in the isle of wight if i find him, but just incase you dont i will put it on doglost too! i know ive realised i must get out more after this if i get excited over poo!! yes just need one more sighting or fresh evidence and i be straight on phone to sniffer dog!!xx
- 2012-08-19 16:15 Elise
- San once again my friend i cannot thank you enough! i thought friday i was imaging things when saw so much evidence, so glad you and spangles have confirmed my sightings of evidence!There are so many people i need to thank when things are most settled, some professionals have gone above the call of duty!1 such kindness when you are in need does not go unrecognised. i may not be thanking those that deserve it at the mo, as all i can concentrate on is getting my precious boy home, but i will be giving deserving people recognision !! i have certainly leart who my reiends are, and are not through the last traumatic 48 days! hope night sights etc work.i will try anything, as you know! hope corn being cut gives me an advantage on my hide and seek champion! billy we got your birthday cake waiting for you, and so many cuddles and tummy rubs and new toys, you will be even more spoilt when you come home, if thats possible! you know we loved you more than anyone has ever loved you, we have so much more love to give you PLEASE COME HOME, we are crying rivers over you, it doesnt matter how tired i get i will not give up looking for you till you are home you hear me?!! im not angry with you you have nothing wrong, big cuddles waiting for you, love muummy and brother xx
- 2012-08-19 16:00 Elise
- Gina, i am feeling a bit better, my voice has come back, just a little hoarse now, impossible not to get ill when youre going through such a traumatic and emotional time that seems everlasting !! ah poor jamie sounds a bit worse for wear on his arrival home, hope he has settled now physically and emotionally. He a determined little soul to escape bless him!! i pray i feel your joy and relief too soon. Im sure my baby is not in jamies position. that was hes start in life. i rescued him. the cigarette burns and his scars had heeled but his still got emotional scars, and has no trust of people. would never approach person or let them approach him. He has been sighted, and im finding evidence of hes whereabouts, so hopefully our ordeal be over soon now, thank you for being with me, only another who has suffered this could understand
Elisexx big cuddles for Jamie!1
- 2012-08-19 15:49 Elise
- okay will try and contact vicar,
- 2012-08-19 15:47 Elise
- jemharvs, im not normally fit! i have walked miles and miles the last 48 dasys through adrenaline! when billy home and i actually sit and relax i think it will hit me then,right now my love for him has kicked off my adrenaline, but on the good side my legs will be the trimmest they have ever been!! i am going to give postering a rest, you know why, but thanks!!x
- 2012-08-18 21:50 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, if you did come across him, it might be an idea to let Samuel be seen by him. But not to chase. Samuel, may be enough to register in Billy's mind that you are there, but it may take a few minutes, so wait for him to come to Samuel. Carefully and quietly. You just never know. x
- 2012-08-18 21:46 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well done everyone! Remember even with a sniffer dog, you still have to actually catch Billy. And be careful he doesn't leg it from a big dog. So hope the night sighting equipment picks him up, but he may just do early mornings and evenings now, bedding down for the hot days and getting some cool sleep at night. So, don't concern yourselves if you don't see him at night. Fingers crossed though. The fact that there was more than one poo, seems to indicate that this is a favourite area to poo. Now as dogs don't poo where they sleep, this will give you indication of where else to look for his bed. I suspect it really is not that far from there. You have all the ingredients for a wild dog home, so this is looking fantastic. Spangles, well done with the other farmers today. The more that know about "things" the better. Gina, I think that about Jamie too. Elise, see how these little terriers survive, Pixie is home, Jamie is home so now we get Billy home. x
- 2012-08-18 20:22 Spangles
- Elise, Samuel and Team Billy, so hoping that I get news whilst on holiday that the little man is home, I will be watching his page and looking for text and email updates, I have rubbed the Buddha's Belly big time!!!!! Totally agree with San, the latest area is perfect for hiding, and there's plenty of shelter and a fresh supply of water, and from feathers, food too. Well done Elise for finding this area, got excited when we found poo too :-) Will be thinking of you all, and wishing and hoping that the new hide and seek champion throws in the towel soon, one spot is all we need with the Thermal Image or Night Sight then we can bring in the tracker dog. It was soooo hot today new we would be extremely lucky to see him, but the finds were extremely encouraging, and its only a matter of time during the cooler evenings before he shows himself xxxxx
- 2012-08-18 19:30 SanBarn
- Spangles and myself walked the area where feathers and poo were sighted and we found more dog poo, terrier sized! This latest area comes within Billys' triangle and it is perfect hiding territory with shelter,water and plenty of food. Trap not possible at the moment due to terrain but we will be watching out for His Lordship with a thermal imaging camera and a nightsite, thankyou to the kind people who loaned these items. JemHarvs, we are not going to poster that area as we don't want to attract the attention of the "you Know who's". The corn is being cut fast now so this will be a big help. Farmers are aware. Gina, thankyou for your encouragement, Elise does need to rest. I will be out there tomorrow night armed with the nightsite,plenty of coffee and a few sandwiches! xx
- 2012-08-18 12:55 Gina
- Oh Elise, don't get ill, it won't help, I did and it made things worse really, you must keep withit and be strong.
No, don't know where Jamie was for that 4 months, but my groomer thinks he was definately kept outside, as i said he was fed, on what heaven knows, his poo was weird looking, he was filthy, matted to the skin and stank to high heaven with fungus in his feet. The nasties had him, this I know, and i think he escaped by the skin of his teeth.
I see from reading your page that Billy may have been sighted !! Here's hoping and praying that its him, we are all with you in spirit if not in body. Keep going hun,
Lots of Love, Gina and Jamie xxx
- 2012-08-18 10:33 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Vicar needs to be told about "you know who" as do farmers. They need to be aware. Keep up the good work. x
- 2012-08-18 08:16 JemHarvs
- I don't know how you do it Elise your so strong and fit! I'm exhausted just helping you last few nights! Keep going we're getting closer if that's him eating the birdys! Wondered if it's worth plastering the north of that field road (Botney?) like u have dunton in case he goes further up north xx
- 2012-08-17 23:54 Elise
- havent met vicar yet.but she lives at horace road in b.cay not near church. will look at church tom for her num. have met some.cruel.sick morons.but have met some incredibly kind.generous.giving.thoughtful folk also.and on the plus side i will so much fitter and toned by time billy home. walked miles every day for last 47days! hope to c u over w.end x
- 2012-08-17 23:46 Elise
- thanx kimmybear.i will write a book .after sleep and rest! thank u for all ur behind the scene work.the emotional rollercoaster of fear.panic.worry.stress.anger.guilt.exhaustion.hope.trauma.upset.highs and real lows im amazed im still functioning.thou only just! jaid more food tonite.food at church still there so i think he saw that before as passing and hes moved further away from harvester
- 2012-08-17 21:48 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- When all this is over and we've got Billy safely back home, we may write a book on here about what we've all been through! You would not believe the things that have happened. A lot of work going on; obstacles to overcome and a few things that go bump in the night, thrown in for good measure. I don't know how they keep going out there; lack of sleep, no rest, safety issues, stress, prank calls, you name it. But, Elise has made some good friends including farmers and firemen who are great to have on side. Oh, and has anyone met the local vicar yet? Must do that too! They are well armed and have a never ending supply of garlic sausages! Hope to see you troopers tomorrow. xxx
- 2012-08-17 18:55 Elise
- mummy may be winning the game of hide and seek at last! walked miles today but in opposite direction .found lots great hide out places.a stream! bunny fur.feathers dragged into bushes and a dog poo! going back to that spot tonite x
- 2012-08-17 16:04 SanBarn
- Yes slight change of plan but safety has to come first. We now have more equipment,many thanks Spangles for your help,Louise and JemHarvs thankyou for looking out for Elise and thanks Kimmybear for all of your help and support. Next step is the capture of the Essex hide and seek champion!xx
- 2012-08-17 14:14 Elise
- hi gina.yes to give me hope san told me to read jamies page.fantastic news and relief for family pixie and jamie.god what mentality do some people have doing prank calls dont they think we suffering enough! it agony when u lose a loved one.do prayer my suffering will end soon im getting unwell now.thank u for wishes.do u know where jamie was for the 4months? thanx for ur wishes x
- 2012-08-17 11:12 Gina
- Hi Elise,
Just heard the fantastic news about Pixie, Im Gina with Jamie, I saw you posted about Jamie on Pixies page.
Just goes to show, never give up ! Jamie was gone for 4 months , no sign, had a couple of crank phone calls and a couple of sightings that were not him but hey ho there ya go, he came home, I'm sure Rob and Sue were in despair and Pixie home too, so we are sending you our love and best wishes for a happy outcome, which I'm sure you will get at some point. Keep the faith. Gina and Jamie xxxxxx
- 2012-08-17 10:42 Elise
- im getting offers of work in advertising if i get fed up with nursing! thank u plz dont give up yet.i havent!x
- 2012-08-17 09:12 Spangles
- Elise, change of plan but the determination is still there and the doglost team will help you and Samuel get your baby home. New tactics but you never know, they may turn out to be for the best, totally agree safety first, this comes from a first hand experience xxxxx sending huge hugs, and bring on the next phase of operation Billy, we have people and equipment on side xxxxxx
- 2012-08-17 08:20 Elise
- sue.im so plzd pixie home and ur family is reunited and complete once more! sadly our ordeal continues .day 47 for us! do feel im getting closer but may be wishful thinking! kim u certainly do have some amazing.dedicated angels at doglost! yes billy ur turn to cum home now! so dissapointed weve had to change plan but safety must come first x
- 2012-08-17 08:04 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Yes come one Billy....Pixie is home and now it's your turn...
- 2012-08-17 00:12 ROB
- Hi Elise. Pixie is home, finally, after 51 long days. I know there is not always a happy ending, but you have sightings, so hang in there! Wishing you luck and for Billy to be safe at home
- 2012-08-16 20:53 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks Jem! San, you ARE an angel! Well done Spangles, I know what you did. I have to say, we have some amazingly dedicated people out there. Remember, everyone, keep quiet and no chasing or jumping up and down if you see him. Wait for him to go in and for the door to shut. x
- 2012-08-16 15:17 Elise
- a huge thank u to spangles and vanda yest! dont know if was well meaning mistake or another cruel hoax.but either way i went to pieces for a while.thank u so much for being strong and focused and practical when i wasnt!xx
- 2012-08-16 11:12 Elise
- managed to get through an emotional day yesy-just!! thank you so so much jemharvs who was a rock yest! religious or not please everyone pray i have no more painful prank calls and our baby is back to his loving home safely soon. thank you san my angel! i dont want billy to have a full tum so he doesnt go into trap so instead of sprinkling food down the trail today im going to scent with our urine down the trail to trap area. have permission from all farmers and they have my number and are aware to look for billy while harvesting. may also be getting hold of a thermal imaging camera for 3 days. As a veggie against all my principals i went butchers yest and got lot of meat for trap incase it takes few days for him to come back to this bit of triangle. please hide and seek champion end our heartbreak and reunite with us, love and miss you SO much mummy and samuelxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 2012-08-16 11:12 Elise
- Deleted duplicate post. No probs :-)Last edited: 2012-08-16 20:50:27 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-08-16 07:03 SanBarn
- I set trap up at 12.30am and stayed through the night till 5.30am then dismantled trap. Mr hide and seek Billy did not show but as we're not sure where he is in his triangle it may take a while for him to come back to the area we are working from.xx
- 2012-08-16 00:59 JemHarvs
- Will do Kim! Sure I can squeeze in some shifts in between work somewhere! Been with Elise tonight! Fingers crossed for some news x
- 2012-08-15 21:27 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jem, if you have any free time for a shift, even a small one, pls let Elise know. Thank you. x
- 2012-08-15 18:31 Elise
- thank you kim, have read, recieved and understood email. this emotional rollercoaster is shattering Lynn! i wont rest til he is home. thanks jem yes you saw what i been up against in the countryside, trap and a miracle needed! went back today and yest food was still there, took that away and left fresh bacon, will see tonight if its there. we do have to get him!! thank you all for your kind messages xx
- 2012-08-15 16:57 LisaMell
- Good Luck to you all. I am not very religious but sending a prayer for tonight to be the night. Come in Billy...xxx
- 2012-08-15 13:55 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, we are all set, or nearly. If we go a bit quiet now on this page don't worry, we will let you know when we get him! We just HAVE to get him! x
- 2012-08-15 08:17 MSPickles
- My thoughts and prayers are with you today. Come on Billy, lets have a birthday celebration to end all birthdays, come home little man xx
- 2012-08-15 07:40 Spangles
- Elise thinking of U and Samuel today and sending you hugs and positive thoughts, as for Billy, happy birthday little man, now it really is time to come home. Don't panic or be put off if no more food goes for a few days Billy has been fending for himself for so long and now he has a food supply he will want to suss everything out, you have found his safe place so I am convinced he is watching from a distance and building confidence so it may take him a couple of days before he takes more food, but he knows where it is now. Have everything that is possible to cross crossed for U xxxxxx. Kimmybear I've got your email x
- 2012-08-15 07:26 JemHarvs
- Come on billy boy come home for your birthday!!
All best with trap. Went out there with Elise mon eve and with corn so high and so many hiding places he could be in, which I'm sure he's going to hay bales too! Hope u can get trap today and catch him for his bday!! x
- 2012-08-14 22:39 Lynn
- Just seen Kimmybears comment, good luck and everything crossed!! x
- 2012-08-14 22:21 Lynn
- Elise, I'm sure you are shattered, I'm so sorry I can't search physically, as I'm in Warwickshire, but watching Billys page, and praying for him to get home, youu are doing such a fantastic job in finding him I know it will just be a matter of time before you have him home, maybe a birthday BBQ tomorrow might get him out of hiding! look after yourself & Samuel, and also make sure you take some time out to rest and re charge, that is very important too.Thinking of you, god bless & good luck, so willing him home!!Lynn xxxx Last edited: 2012-08-14 22:38:48 by Lynn
- 2012-08-14 22:16 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, I'm going to email you, San and also copy Spangles in. I want you to read it carefully. Don't worry about the thermal imaging thing for the moment, I think we stand a great chance with the trap which is on its way. I need to seek permissions etc, but you don't need to worry about that as I'll talk to San who will help. Just read my email and please try not to get too excited if you see Billy, as we don't want to scare him off. Please remember he has had to survive in the wild, this has meant no human contact. He won't know it is you and may just run. We don't want that as we need him to come back. The best thing for you to do tonight is sit around one area, away from the hay bales as those bales are his safe area. But you want to be close enough to watch quietly from a distance. If you stay right next to the bales he will not want to come back there as he will just see a person and run. If you sit away from them, and talk quietly he may recognise your voice, but it could be hours before he picks up courage to come over. Do NOT chase him. Under any circumstances, do NOT chase. Let him come to you. If he doesn't, that is fine, as eventually he will. But if someone chases, he will run and be scared to return. Apart from that, carry on with what you have been doing it is working. In honour of Billy's birthday, we will have the trap ready. If you do what I say in the email, we should manage to catch your furbaby, hopefully sooner rather than later. Everything crossed. x
- 2012-08-14 15:00 Elise
- until i knew hes whereabouts billy did have to fend for himself.it does all make sense. hope he relaxs soon.cant wait for him to be pampered pooch again!cheapest i cud find thermal imaging was £90 for 3days.gud idea bout wildlife.will enquire bout that. thank u i will try fire stn also! repostered bootsale for tomorrow, farmer and son at sellars farm were lovely and understanding, they keeping watch in their harvesters and know to ring me asap of sighting, gave them poster with my number on, postered lot more in brentwood road and rectory road also, so shattered havent stopped today! the other side of fields where hay bales are belong to chase farm, just traced their number on internet so will contact them, by the time i got to fire station it was shut, put poster through letter box and will try and email them in a minute, been a very tough day today for Samuel as tomorrow is billys birthday!! goodness knows how we are going to get through tomorrow.Last edited: 2012-08-14 19:37:33 by Elise
- 2012-08-14 09:14 SuzeeBee
- Just a thought, when the search was on for Kip up in Northumberland the local Fire and Rescue helped out with a thermal imaging camera and an off duty fireman. It may be worth contacting your local branch to see if possible that they could help. Wishing you all the luck in the world in finding dear Billy safe and well,you are doing really well Elise wish I were nearer to help. xx
- 2012-08-14 08:25 Spangles
- Well done Elise, your hard work is gonna pay off, you are getting closer. Foxes would eat anything and everything and they do not like to be cornerned so I cannot see them taking food into the bales, hopefully Billy is forming a little stash in there just in case the food supply stops. Its taken him a while to realise the food is coming every night but then his had to fend for himself, so its brilliant that you have left more again, and well done on the scent and teddy, he just needs to build his confidence up, which he will. He could be closer than you think when you are around the bales, just because he isn't coiming when called and you can't see him doesn't mean his not there, he just needs to re adjust, his had to go back to being semi wild, now he needs to make the tranisition back to pampered pooch.....you are doing everything you can, and brilliant that scenting is concentrated to one area, this will reassure him. I am sure Kimmybear will be back with news of a trap. I've been googling thermal image cameras, you can hire them but its going to be expensive, but just a thought, a lot of wildlife groups use them, the ladies you met yesterday from Essex Wildlife, have they got a FB page or website, can you contact them and see if anyone has and would be willing to mount a widlife camera up?
- 2012-08-14 03:09 Elise
- sori to do ths on phone and in the dark! have postered more in rectory road.left tonites bbq food down track again.and scented billy teddy with my wee and hes deodariser and threw it in bales near saus.did not scent back to mine this morning when i looked for him. once again have walked miles tonite.imposrible to do on foot and with naked eye.so po many acrep of land.corn.hedges etc! really need infa red@ thermal imaging camera! a trap would be great too thank u.come on billy we so want u home fos ur birthday babe
- 2012-08-14 02:58 Elise
- sori to do ths on phone and in the dark! have postered more in rectory road.left tonites bbq food down track again.and scented billy teddy with my wee and hes deodariser and threw it in bales near saus.did not scent back to mine this morning when i looked for him. once again have walked miles tonite.imposrible to do on foot and with naked eye.so po many acrep of land.corn.hedges etc! really need infa red@ thermal imaging camera! a trap would be great too thank u.come on billy we so want u home fos ur birthday babe
- 2012-08-14 02:49 Elise
- hi kimmybear is ahead of me.been quite a good nite already so far.3am now. got heqge at 8.30pm and took advice and shone torch in every inch and gap of hay bales.coulent believe it as found two and half saus in there! the food trail on the track in cornfield from church to hay bales has all gone.but food i put in hes bowl at church still there.so there isnt foxes in area.me and san both hatent seen foxes there either.and he isnt coming as north as the church.louise saw me on her way home at 1am and stopped.she said every nhte she drives down there and never sees foxes! ive lost my voice now so been playing camcorder footage.showed this to louise and she 100 % sure it was billz she saw 1am thurs.thip sunday wap first week wasnt sighted at bootsale but i been feeding him every nite po he didnt have to come out for food.its all adding up! ive scented all round bales and left mose food on trackmy scent and hep deod.yet more posters in rectory road and put hes teddy with
- 2012-08-13 21:46 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- We seem to be in luck. Elise just texted some of us to say a sausage has been "sighted" in a hale bale. Yes!!!!! Okay, we need to keep this low key and Elise is out there now with a helper. Poor Elise has run herself into the ground and we so need Billy home before she gets really ill. This sausage sighting is just what we needed so, I am thinking trap time. We don't want to scare him away, so we need Elise and the helpers who have been working with her, to do this together to start with as Billy is now used to their smells. However, depending how long it takes we may well need more helpers to work on a rota. If anyone is willing, please pop a note on here. Then we can figure out who can do when. Need to get the trap first, so we have to carry on as we are for the moment. Extremely well done, all of you and to Elise for her sheer devotion to her Billy. xxx
- 2012-08-13 17:49 Elise
- hi spangles .hasnt been seen at churbh but it next to corn fieldqh so was a gud place to bbq without burning down all of dunton! yes from church he ran from left corn field to the hay bales on rite. will have very thorough search of bales tonite with torch! he would def run away from baring.esp big dog!
- 2012-08-13 17:16 Spangles
- Elise, just reading back through comments, has he actually been seen at the Church? I read your comment about Louis seeing him and you said "He ran across the road from corn field to hay bale" so, taking the Church as the northern point, Dunton Road as the southern point, bootsale as western point and rectory road as eastern point, when he ran, did he run from the field to the east of rectory road, across rectory road and into the corn field on the western side, ie where the haybales are? or in left and right terms, if you came down rectory road from the Church, was he in the field on the left, and ran across the road to the field on the right with the haybales? if so, there are lots of houses and outbuildings on that side of the road, you can't see them from rectory road but if you google map street scene it you can see how many, it could be his triangle takes in that side of the road? also, what's he like with other dogs, if he heard any barking would he run towards the sound or away? just down from the hay bales on the opposite side of the road is New Road, between there and Dunton Road is www.k9to5doggiedaycare.co.uk its like a creche but for dogs, just a thought that he may have heard other dogs barking, and will either be attracted to that area, or will stay away. x
- 2012-08-13 16:54 Spangles
- Elise, looks like it's starting to rain, which in my opinion will help you, the fresh rain always stirs up scents and smells, so it should help. I've been thinking about where he was seen at the haybales, as Kim said, he will bed down where he feels safe and possibly enclosed, the haybales are an odd shape, they are round, is there any gap in them, ie could he have squeezed in and bedded down? have you got a powerful torch you could shine in there?, just thinking whatever way you stack a cyclinder there will always be a gap so I think this will be worth a close look if you haven't alredy. As for the BBQ, I think keep to the same spot for consistency, he may not have got to the food, but it is within his triangle. Good thing, if the food is still there you can rule out foxes and badgers being in that area as it would have gone by now, so I think if it does dissapear its a good sign its Billy, also, if he did go to the bootsale area last night he may have eaten something and as it as so warm he may have just laid low again so I think stick to same spot to camp cook and scent back to there. How much scenting did you do towards home? was it much or did you stick mainly to the triangle? xx
- 2012-08-13 16:20 Elise
- met some nice dog walkers today at essex wildlife trust when postering.been back to asda and got another bbq for tonite.sadly sniffer dog only works upto 48 hrs after sighting so come on billy time for game of hide and seek to end! plz all pray for another sighting SOON! saup in billy bowl yest still there 3pm today!
- 2012-08-13 10:40 Elise
- thank you for updating poster, have just printed some off, am going to put up birthday posters today, and light bbq back at church same time and place tonight. from sightings and when spoken to people when ive postered thats exactly what happened, first 9 days he kept wandering around, but he seems to of settled in small triangle. after work last night the sausages i laid there at lunch break was still at church ,last night 9-11pm i went round bootsale field and hedges and then from church through corn fields to hay bales and back up fields the other side, while walking me and samuel were squeking toys, laying trail of food, spraying his deodariser and chatting bout our day, played some camcorder of happier times for billy to hear and recognise, then scented back to our house. the dog teddy which is allowed by owners to roam freely was sighted again at bootsale yest.i would really love one more sighting of billy too!! teddy is much older and porkier than billy so when a sighting comes through its easy to aliminate him, as i did yest by asking gentleman who rang me a few questions. if you lay a trap i dont mind being on the rota of helpers.saus laid yesterday hadnt gone, but will check today when im out postering. jemma we will be at church with bbq tonite again if you want to join us, thank you spangles forsniffer dog info, my internet is hit and miss, so will ring that number in a min! huge thanks to san again for all her efforts yest!! all the kindness among the prank morons im encountering is what is keeping me going!!
- 2012-08-13 00:28 Elise
- just got in. laid food and scent and happy calling at bootsale.hay bales and church and back home.
- 2012-08-13 00:28 Elise
- just got in. laid food and scent and happy calling at bootsale.hay bales and church and back home.
- 2012-08-12 18:58 SanBarn
- Spangles, tracker dog may be a good idea! I've been at the bootsale all day, patrolling the edge of the cornfield and keeping a close watch on the food areas, I think today may have been too warm for him to come out, even for a smelly burger! Went up to church later then walked down to black sacks, no sign. If anyone would like to keep an eye on the bootsale area this evening, that would be great, he may come out to scavenge once it's cooler. Good news is, the corn fields are being cut. xx
- 2012-08-11 23:01 Spangles
- And now I am home I can copy and paste, the contact details for Sniffer Dog,
T: 01787 269111
M: 07775 694508
- 2012-08-11 22:58 Spangles
- Text Elise earlier this evening with a suggestion, Kimmybear, when Maisy the black lab went missing you suggestd using a sniffer dog, a Bavarian Mountain Dog, I called the info and pasted it onto Maisy's page at the time "The contact website for the sniffer dog is http://www.invisiblefencebrand.co.uk" if they could help I think it would be really worth a go, we know from sightings that a Border Terrier has been seen within a triangle near to where he went missing, the sighting last week from Louise seems like a positive ID, as the corn is so high it is hindering human sight line but if we had a nose on our side, we know Billy was seen around the hay bales in Rectory Road, Elise has items of Billy's too, so would it be worth a go and see if they could help track him? I know Elise would try anything to get Billy home. Do you agree this could be worth a shot, you posted on Maisy's page that they had helped doglost before, they are based in Halstead so about 45 minutes away :-) xxx
- 2012-08-11 22:27 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- MISSING BIRTHDAY BOY!!
PLEASE! Help us find our MUCH loved part of the family!! The disappearance of Billy from a relatives garden in Dunton SS15 4AQ on 2nd July has left us utterly devastated!! We desperately want him home where he belongs for his 6th birthday(15th Aug).He is a castrated, microchipped, male border terrier, who was wearing a black collar with diamondy studs at the time of disappearance. My seven year son is so distraught, I appeal to anyone with a heart and conscience who has genuine knowledge of his whereabouts to contact 07821 386775 or doglost from Elise and Samuel
- 2012-08-11 22:13 JemHarvs
- I can do a few hours on the mon eve when I get back if that's any help?
You're doing great job Elise and ignore all those horrible prank calls! We're getting close I can feel it, he'll come out of hiding soon, keep calling, perhaps even just talking as if he's there when you're sat out there he'll come of he hears your voice surely? X
- 2012-08-11 21:07 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Is there anyone would could go out tonight, to do a quick BBQ, even if it is now as opposed to midnight? I just want to keep the momentum going. Food every night in the field. Even if only for an hour, any time. Or Elise, just leave some food there and check if it has gone the next day? Could be a fox, but it would help to know if it has been eaten. And, do the scenting about a metre from, the food. You are doing great! x
- 2012-08-11 21:01 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, that field of corn can probably be narrowed down quite a bit. I could be wrong, but I doubt a dog would be running through it; more likely to be running alongside it or follow a path that has been made through it. When they bed down, they will usually find somewhere protected possibly with bushes, trees, corn, or buildings at their back so they only have to face one way to keep a look out. Unless, of course, they do decide to hide in the corn for safety, but I doubt it would be right in the middle, nearer to the edge facing outwards, probably. Yes, Spangles, it is very possible the smaller triangle is the right one. Plus, we do not know whether the Botney sighting was actually Billy either. We have to follow every sighting as you really just never know, but this smaller triangle is closer to the area he was lost and is where Vanda thinks she saw him heading the day he went missing (if that was him that she saw). Plus, when dogs first get lost, they go all over the place in a panic, then when they calm down they figure out their triangle. Whether he would do one big and then one small, I do not know, but I would hate any possibility to be ignored and anything is possible and right now this small triangle is the best we have and in reality, the most probable. Plus, this is where the food is at the boot sale. Spangles suggested he has been seen on, or after, boot sale days/nights, so this should be born in mind. When they've all gone away, he may come out looking for leftovers. I'd like Elise to keep the BBQ in the same place as the lady that saw Billy in the field showed Elise the exact spot, so we know this is definitely part of Billy's route. But, so is the boot sale, it seems. I am now in a quandary as to which area to do the BBQ? How far is the boot sale from the fields, could Billy smell it if he was at boot sale area? Even if Billy was not seen, it does not mean he wasn't there watching. Elise, as you told me you smelt the BBQ all the way across the fields, to answer my own question, I think you do need to keep to the same place. Spangles, I meant before that you are an expert on this geological area, and you are! You have been invaluable. Finally, can I ask if someone can please find out about that dog who visits the Burger van to get a sausage. Is he allowed out all the time? We need to rule him out of everything else. Elise, terriers are little troopers, they can survive very well. I'd really love one more sighting to confirm this route and if he can't be caught, we'd need to think of a trap but we would need a rota of helpers, day and night. We could do it. Thank you. x
- 2012-08-11 19:57 Elise
- Thanx for ur mobile num.agree with ur triangle.gona do another bbq mon nite if u want to join up x
- 2012-08-11 19:52 Elise
- Spangles.i agre is a small triangle and its amazing that in 6 weeks he gone round and round in a few miles! But its countyside with billions of hiding places! The corn in fields is waist high! Isnt big area but impossible to find a dog in honestlz.very frustrating!!
- 2012-08-11 13:32 Spangles
- Elise I will text you my mobile number x
- 2012-08-11 13:31 Spangles
- So sorry your were empty handed, but its only a matter of time, the sightings confirm he has stayed in the area. I has another look on google map, how big a triangle have you been looking at? Just thinking the last sighting in Botney Hill was 9th July (I think from thread) I just wondered if his triangle has got smaller, ie his triangle is actually within the bigger triangle is this possible Kimmybear, does this make sense? He was seen last Sun at bootsale and then Rectory Road, haystack, I wondered if his triangle is more bootsale then sort of diagonal across cornfields towards Church, then down the fields parallel to Rectory Road (taking in the Haystack) then back along the fields parallel to Dunton Road towards the bootsale, maybe wrong but just thinking other sightings were early on and recent ones closer together.....Elise I'm not sure what time we are back on Sunday but definately before evening so I would be happy to meet up with you, SanBarn either both, to do an evening search BBQ, not sure I'm an expert by any means but I am very willing and would love to help you get your baby home, shout if you would like some company, help...Come on Billy, last day of the olympics tomorrow, you've won the gold medal for hide and seek, now we'd settle for a Blue :-) xxxx
- 2012-08-11 08:56 Elise
- 8am.were home.safe but empty handed
- 2012-08-11 08:50 Elise
- Its 4 am now still silent here!. Had good idea thou euery time after bath spray him with groomer deodariser spray.as he typical terrier and likes to roll in muck in fields he got bathed often.have just sprayed this.church.rectory road.bootsale and down t rectory road akll back to kings road as this is familar smell for him!
- 2012-08-11 03:48 Elise
- Spangles sighting was in rectory road.not phone box but she got my number from phonebox pmster yes its rectory tye common junction where road forks.clockhouse junction.not sure where u saw corn being cut. Where we are and was sighted corn waist high both sides of road.just walked it!spangles did fresh garlic and burgers tonite.really scented area alot.u rite gge seems to cum out bootsale days.im work sunday til 9pm but whll go back to botsale and rectory road area after work
- 2012-08-11 03:25 Elise
- Sighting 1am wed nite was up close and shes positive its billy. He ran across the road from corn field to hay bale corn field.louise got my num from poster at the phone box!
- 2012-08-11 03:20 Elise
- Properties with land working from bootsale to kings road i have either leafleted throu door os postered outside their house
- 2012-08-11 03:17 Elise
- Spangles im doing all i can to get billy in the blue! Praying we reunited soon! Love and miss him so much! Well its 3am.no sign of billy in corn fields tonite again.done bbq and scented our urine from botney to kings rd inc through the corn fields. Threw the cooked burgers and saus and hes dog mixer from boot sale to kings road. Postered rectory road more.am exhausted gona have flask now.billy is too good at this hide and seek! Really need the corn cut!
- 2012-08-11 00:52 Elise
- We have bbq garlic too.could smell food bbq throu corn fields.louise came.very nice lady showed me where she sighted him and walked throu corn fields with us.unfortunately i gnta work w.end but will bbq and camp again mon nite.just no movement or sound here! Po desp to get him home!
- 2012-08-10 23:21 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well done everyone! Elise, even though he doesn't come out, he could still be watching and plucking up courage to investigate. Keep those cooking smells going, preferably every night at the same time. Dogs can tell the time, okay? Even if u can't stay the night, do the BBQ same time if you can, or thereabouts. Even if only for a short time. If he knows there's a regular BBQ, he will come back every night. Also, he could have been elsewhere on his circuit, but if you move and then he moves back you will miss him, so stay put with the BBQ for the time being. If we get a sighting somewhere else, we can always amend what we do, but right now here is a good place to stay. Spangles, thank you for texting me and yes, sounds good. Sanbarn, well done last night, too. Come on Billy, please come home to Mummy and Samuel now. x Last edited: 2012-08-10 23:25:53 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-08-10 19:32 JemHarvs
- Fingers crossed for u guys again tonight! Take some garlic to put on BBQ too Elise, they give out lots of smell if u can.
Spangles is mountain biking at hadleigh, would u be able to hand out mini posters (I've done 4 to a a4 page before that are handy) to give out there maybe someone that lives nearby etc? Never know?
All the best tonight hope little bill is with u for the weekend. X
- 2012-08-10 18:37 Elise
- Doing nite tonite.then i gota work the w.end. But if not home by mon nite then thanx spanglep would appreciate ur company and expertise for nite watch mon.we are cose with sightings.hes there just hard to c where.think a trap may be needed. Im very tearful today plz everyone hope and pray i get my baby back tonite!
- 2012-08-10 18:29 Elise
- Forgot scent last nite but got 600mls ready by door to take tonite almng with treats and squeaky toy.lots of puddles and dips so dont think water supply a prob at mo.such a maze there im looking into hiring infa red device to pick up hes whereabouts as im at such a lose end now! So gutted today.had high hopes for last nite.
- 2012-08-10 18:19 Elise
- So sori.had no internet since yest am. Have to start message with a huge thank u to san barn for doing nite watch with me last nite! Got another bbq and food and am going tm nite watch again tonite. Please god get a beta result tonight! Thank u everyone for wishes x
- 2012-08-10 18:16 Spangles
- Just got in, sorry to report no sighting but they are definately cutting the corn in the field I mentioned below, I couldn't talk to the farmer as they weren't near the edge of the field but have they been spoken to? My guess is his not going to hang around in any field that the combine is in so he may move further towards to boot sale again, I mentioned to Kimmbybear earlier in a text that each sighting has been after a boot sale, 9th July was a Monday, then actually at the boot sale and then Thursday early hours, again after the boot sale, perhaps the noise of voices and smells are definately bringing him out, he maybe recognising human voices but not the voice so he wants to have a look but is scared, I think if his not back before Sunday then Sunday after the bootsale right through to dawn on Monday may be a good idea to hang around, I reckon also some more of the fields will be cut but then giving a better view of surrounding land. I am out on Sunday, one of the lucky ones who got mountain bike tickets but will be back in the evening so shout if help needed for late search, fingers crossed he will show himself before then though and Elise if you can repeat the BBQ tonight try burgers as well as sausages and maybe onions try and replicate the smell the burger vans etc make...fingers crossed that tonight is the night, xxxx
- 2012-08-10 17:04 SanBarn
- Yes, that's the one Spangles. He could be in the fields either side of Rectory Road so the sooner the corn is cut, the better. I'm going to Dunton Road at dawn to have a look in the woods next to the boot sale entrance. Word of warning!I would advise anyone going into the paintball area to spray themselves with insect repellent as it's full of biting insects due to the pond sized black filthy puddles. xx
- 2012-08-10 17:00 JemHarvs
- Spangles-just looked on google earth, that box is on the junction that forks into rectory road, if that's the one sighting was at, couldn't see another one down there?!
Glad cutting fields be easier to spot him, but he may well run away and hide in barn or something? x
- 2012-08-10 16:38 Spangles
- Are we talking about the red phone box at the junction of Rectory Rd where the road forks? Heading back that way in a while but noticed earlier they are cutting the corn in the field on the left coming down Rectory, the field that is adjacent to rectory rd and Dunton rd x
- 2012-08-10 11:41 SanBarn
- Not a sight or sound of Billy last night. We searched, looked and listened, we were even in the cemetery at various times through the night! Food that had been left earlier in the day was untouched. We are up against it at the moment with the height of the corn/wheat fields and there are so many tracks running through them. The sighting 2 nights ago was at the phone box in Rectory Road and then he made his way down the hill to the hay bales, just inside a field on the right hand side of the road, they are wrapped in black plastic. I've advised Elise to scent between these 2 points and maybe we can set up a feeding area at the hay bales. The lady that sighted Billy is going to spend the night there with Elise tonight. Yes, I know the lake you mean JemHarvs, I went and had a look last Sunday but no sign of a dog having being there but that doesn't mean to say he won't add it to his triangle at some point. Spangles, I think I know the building you mean and we've both been in there at various times but it's still worth checking regularly as are all the nooks and crannies. I'm going to the bootsale on Sunday and will be scanning around the area. If we can't nab him soon then I'm thinking along the lines of a trap and I'd be willing to stay with this overnight. xx
- 2012-08-10 08:41 JemHarvs
- A tired Elise text me at 5.30 they'd been out camping and walking all night no sign of billy which is a shame! Right troops what's next? Can we put a cage out? Any volunteers to look today? I'm in Devon til tues, but praying he'll be home by time I get back to help! We're close I'm sure we are with sightings. x
- 2012-08-10 07:06 Spangles
- Just checking for any news, so hoping Billy goes into the blue :-) x
- 2012-08-09 21:12 Spangles
- Picking up on Jem's spot, there is also a large agricultural green building quite near the lake and the boot sale site, also working from the boot sale back towards Kings Road there are a number of properties but one has a lot of out buildings to the side and rear, some are stone built but these all back onto the fields adjoining the boot sale site and paintball woods. So hoping those sausages smell too good to resist, crossing everything here, come on Billy time to go home :-) xxx
- 2012-08-09 21:03 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Spangles, if they need assistance, I will shout as your expertise in this area is fantastic. Jem, that lake may be Billy's water supply. Well spotted. Okay, let's all hope like mad. x
- 2012-08-09 20:56 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Everything crossed, prayers being said. So hoping you get him tonight, but do not despair if you don't, as we know where he is now. Even if you just get a sighting tonight, that will be great as we can then move on to ways to other ways to catch him. But soooooooooooo hope it is tonight. So hope. Good luck girls, Samuel and Billy. xxxxx
- 2012-08-09 19:05 millypod
- Sending good luck wishes for tonight.
Come on Billy show yourself lots of nice smelly food to eat.x
- 2012-08-09 18:58 lesleyjane
- Really hoping you get him back tonight, good luck.xx
- 2012-08-09 17:51 JemHarvs
- Good luck guys, will be thinking of u tonight!
Dropped off some liver/garlic cake pieces for Elise tonight and salmon smelling treats, spread them round where u will be, may e trails leading to you?
Quickly went to rectory rd this morning and walked round churchyard and spread some liver treats for you! And dunton on way to bootsale there is small lake(big pond perhaps?) I saw from road, parked near there and called him and checked posters! All looking good, you've done a grand job Elise! All best for tonight! X
- 2012-08-09 17:35 SanBarn
- Thanks Spangles and ROB. Elise is taking disposable BBQ and lots of his favourite food, I'm taking a BBQ too and sausages,hot dog sausages and tasties, let's hope he's hungry :-) xx
- 2012-08-09 15:20 Spangles
- Keeping everything crossed for you and will be thinking of you, plenty of smelly sausages, garlic flavouring is great as they can smell it a mile off, and if you are using disposable BBQ's take a couple or three as they don't keep there heat as long as a home BBQ so you won't keep your sausages sizzling as long......but hopefully the first wave of smell will do the trick :-) xxx
- 2012-08-09 14:32 ROB
- Wishing you loads of luck X
Sue (pixie's owner)
- 2012-08-09 12:11 SanBarn
- Thanks everyone but I think for tonight we'll keep it low profile, don't want to flood the area with people and scare Billy off, if we can't nab him tonight then we'll think about another plan of action! xx
- 2012-08-09 12:00 twoDs
- Good luck everyone have spread the word on FaceBook and BT World.So hope Billy is home tonight.
- 2012-08-09 11:32 Spangles
- Wishing you loads of luck, if you need a hand this evening I would be happy to help let me know if there is anything I can do x
- 2012-08-09 11:07 SanBarn
- I'll be meeting with Elise tonight and we'll be staying the night in the field if we need to. Elise is bringing a disposable bbq, sausage and scent! Hopefully this should entice him out. We now have a better idea of exactly where he is. xx
- 2012-08-09 08:13 JemHarvs
- Oo good luck Elise you have to do this!! Make sure u take lots of nice smelling treats and maybe his blankets bed etc he'll smell u. All the best!! Xx
- 2012-08-09 02:29 Elise
- Another sighting! Hes at rectory road field. Lovely dog owner louise called him but he wouldnt go to her .i went when she rang at 1am didnt see him.am going to do a nite stake out there tom.he def still in dunton/botnexm triangle.but coming out at nite. I cant sleep without bily anyway so going back all nite tom.im so close to getting him now.thip ip what ive got to do!
- 2012-08-08 23:26 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Are there any sheds or garages around there? He could be hiding out in the cool during the day? I think the idea of a BBQ might be the way to go. You just need to get one of those foil trays with coals and cook on it. Fairly simple I believe, never done it myself.
- 2012-08-08 21:12 JemHarvs
- Hi Elise, was going to go after work but just didn't have chance! Going away for few days tomoro, so hoping u have good news by time I get back! Remember hadleigh racing Olympic stuff going on at weekend so might be worth putting more posters over there giving them out etc! The ones I put up may have been washed away. Tho billy has been sighted nr bootsale u never know someone there may know something etc. worth going for a walk over there tonight/tomorrow morning to see if he's scavaging scraps etc?
If he's not home before I am will come help u look when back. All the best xx
- 2012-08-08 17:30 Elise
- Anyone go to bootsale today? Despite postering posts.trees.toilets and bins at bootsale last nite.ive had no calls atall today.at wits end now!x
- 2012-08-07 23:33 Elise
- We been out hours today.scenting.searching.calling and postering.so gutted still no bikly.if any helpers are in bootsale area tom appreciate that as i gota work
- 2012-08-07 23:27 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise has to work tomorrow, so if anyone is going to the boot sale, please watch the outskirts for a hungry, scared dog. I am sure no one will miss who to call with a million posters! Well done Elise and Samuel. x Well done Sanbarn & Spangles for the supplies. x
- 2012-08-07 22:06 SanBarn
- I know Elise and her little boy have worked very hard today,calling,scenting,postering and laying sausage for Billy. Come on Billy, we all want you home in time for your birthday. xx
- 2012-08-07 21:49 Spangles
- So hoping the smell of burgers is too much for Billy to resisit tomorrow and he shows himself again, come on little man we need you home in time to blow out your candles :-) xxxx
- 2012-08-07 17:45 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Keeping my fingers cross that Billy is home for his birthday XX
- 2012-08-07 15:07 Elise
- Please everyone.its our billys birthday on 15th. It would be a dream come true if he home with us to celebrate!!
- 2012-08-07 15:05 Elise
- Yes as kim says def sighting sunday at bootsale lady also lives at rosebay. Samuel and i are out every min im not at work.so desp to have billy home!
- 2012-08-07 15:00 Elise
- Yes kim everything crossed! We scenting now again.along with sausages to tice him out! Thanww jem have been postering daily. Had call from nice lady in rosebay who also helping. We do live near there amwd walked billy there once or twice a day at hannakids park
- 2012-08-07 12:22 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Lady who reported him lives there, and sow eare covering all bases even though she saw him at boot sale. if that makes sense? Elise is out again today. Every second she is not working she is out with her little boy searching. So wish he'd get home soon. x
- 2012-08-06 23:08 JemHarvs
- You've postered well Elise! Drove round that area in little time I had today up towards golf courses! Botney?
Hope little dude gets spotted or follows scent home. Did u live in rosebay ave or just have sighting there? Have friend down that road so will get him to keep eye open! x
- 2012-08-06 22:41 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well definitely looking good then. Everything crossed. x
- 2012-08-06 21:51 Elise
- Triangle not big in mileage but its all countryside! Def sightings were botney on 9th july and dunton rd on sunday.blacksmiths. And queens road so he may never of gone out the area! Am praying he smells our scent! My small donation least i cud do !wish i cud afford sopqe much more.do deserue our boy home.hnpe theres justice in the world!cant c billy at bootsale.just been the
- 2012-08-06 20:28 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Great that this forms a triangle, how big is it? We mustn't rule out anything else, but this is definitely something to work on. As sightings come in, we need to record the dates and times if we can so we can see how long it takes him to get from one place to another. Although with any luck, if this is him, he might have a whiff of some scenting and hang around here. That would be excellent if he did as he may stay in one place. Elise, thank you so much for the donations to DogLost. You do not need to pay for the posters as helpers are giving these to you themselves because they want to, but your donation will definitely help keep the site up and running, so we are all very grateful to you. Thank you so much. Elise and young Samuel, you have done a tremendous job of searching and postering. You so deserve to get sweet Billy home and quickly. Come on Billy show yourself to someone nice, sweetheart. x
- 2012-08-06 19:00 Elise
- Spangles.thank u so so much! I did it all yest but couldnt hurt to do it again.im at work til 9pm .will pick up posters then.thank u!
- 2012-08-06 16:21 Spangles
- Been all round Dunton Road, Boot Sale area, Rectory Road, Botney Hill, Tye Common Rd, sadly nothing to report but well done Elise, so many posters you've done a brilliant job and if someone spots him they will know where to call. I did find the Milkman in Botney Hill so I asked him to carry a poster in his cab which he said he would happily do and he knows to call you if he sees him....let's hope he shows himself again really soon, keeping everything crossed xx (dropped posters through your door)
- 2012-08-05 23:02 Elise
- Yes bootsale people were nice.but they didnt c me put scent down!thank u spangles for more pmsters.noticed train stn area and bus stops posters are gone so i redo them.jemharvs thank u for any postering u do.i have done everywhere but they dont all stay put or intact. Yes triangle is botney. Bootsale and kings road! Yes teddy is a bt whose garden backs onto bootpale and he a regular at burger van! But he much older and portly than billy! I have postered all the portaloos in bootsale field ready for wed! Thank u so so much helpers@
- 2012-08-05 22:47 Elise
- Thank u all helpers! I been out billy hunting most of day sorry not to write.seemed a very! Possible sighting this morning was at site within minutes of call but sadly didnt see our boy. Just walked throu door and still cant c him! He must be scared. Hiding there is like finding a tiny needle in a huge haystack! Ive scented with our urine and hoover bag.
- 2012-08-05 22:46 Spangles
- Just had a look Dunton Boot sale is held on Sunday's and Wednesday's, contact number 01277 624979....just thought the smell of burgers will be back on Wednesday so may bring Billy back into view, perhaps the guys on the gate could hand all the stall holders a poster to put up.
- 2012-08-05 22:05 Spangles
- Have we any sightings in Rosebay Avenue area? If not what is the most likely triange, we have Dunton Boot Sale area and Botney Hill both with possible sightings, if you add Kings Road as lost point this would form a triangle ( I think!!!) I have printed off another 150 posters so I will head as I said, via Dunton Road, all round the bootsale area, Rectory Road (this would form part of the triangle) and onto Elise to drop off, I will then come back same route. Is he most likely to be seen Dawn and Dusk? maybe worth contacting postman for this area as quite rural and also milkman. I think the paintball is Go Balistic if permission needed to enter the site for a sit in. Fingers, toes and paws crossed...come on Billy time to come home little man xxxx
- 2012-08-05 21:47 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well done everyone! Spangles thank you for you assistance today. Elise and SanBarn, you are real troopers! Trap - yes Jem, but as traps need to be manned 24/7 and we need permission, it would probably be best to have another sighting at same place first, but absolutely possible! We need enough people doing shifts. We may be able to entice him in with that BBQ yes, definitely. The other thing to remember is as he has been away from home for over a month, he will be more scared than usual of being caught. It may even take a while for him to realise Elise and Samuel are calling him. So he may not come to them straight away, but smells he remembers, so Elise is scenting the area, and BBQ will help too. One more thing, if he is doing a triangle he may not be there every day, although if this is him, and it does sound very likely, he could be hanging around the vicinty doing a little triangle. Also, everyone be aware of two other Border Terriers in this area. Vanda has told me one is a boot seller's dog - the man has a moustache. SanBarn has told me the other one is a dog who comes in to every boot sale and gets a sausage from the burger van and goes back home. The sighting today was of a scared dog, covered in mud and grass, disorientated and wouldn't be caught. People who saw him state, categorically, it was not the other two dogs. So this is the one we are looking for, but if you see any Border Terrier please phone Elise who needs to check it out, just in case. We have no guarantees, but this sounds very good. x
- 2012-08-05 20:54 JemHarvs
- Cool just looked up dunton road, think I've been to bootsale there few years ago
So will recognise it when there!
Spangles BBQ sounds like fab idea.
Also have seen in other pages people have used cage trap, would this be possible if u think he's def in this area still? Hope he follows his trail home! X
- 2012-08-05 19:30 Spangles
- SanBarn, Elise, I will drop another batch round tomorrow and will come via Dunton Road up Rectory Road, I will have a look around on route and then look around Rosebay Avenue Park... would it be worth lighting a BBQ in the paintball area if they would give permission, could the burger vans etc have attracted him today but then the amount of people scared him off?
- 2012-08-05 19:20 SanBarn
- JemHarvs, sorry you've had a bad weekend. Yes Dunton Road is very close to Basildon itself. Elise has done an excellent job with postering but if you see any areas that you think could do with a poster then please feel free to put one up. Spangles, I can't do a search tomorrow as I'm working away from home and doing other work in between but Elise has today scented from Dunton road back to Kings road where Billy was lost from, she has also scented from Rosebay Avenue park back to her own house as Billy could possibly be in that area. I think Elise would be happy with any posters, When I'm home I'll also do a batch.xx
- 2012-08-05 18:57 Spangles
- Elise, I can't laminate but if you want some more black and white posters I would be happy to print another batch off for you x
- 2012-08-05 18:53 Spangles
- Sanbarn, what's the next plan, are you organising a search of the area tomorrow?
- 2012-08-05 18:12 JemHarvs
- Hi so sorry you've not caught billy yet, the people and rain/thunder may have scared him and gone hiding.
Had a busy/upsetting family weekend so didn't get chance to go out postering, but will have chance tomoro morning and do that for you! Around that area, is that nr Basildon? If so will do around there too. Hope people in bootsale were helpful and helped to this may spread word also. Good luck, hope little Billy's home soon xx
- 2012-08-05 17:55 SanBarn
- Elise and her son arrived at the sighting area and have been calling and searching but Billy may be hiding again as he doesn't like people and the boot sale was on. Due to rain and mud Elise came home and I got the waterproofs on and took over the search. I've been in woods,fields, ditches and hedgerows but no sign. Also checked football club opposite. Given the weather he could be hiding up. The paintball area is an ideal hideout and I searched this area twice and so did Elise earlier but with no luck.Being a BT and given his colouring it would be very easy for Billy to hide away under bracken etc. xx
- 2012-08-05 11:26 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Sighting of BT Dunton bootsale, running, disorientated. Muddy, in a state. Scared. Please help!!!!!! Owner on way now!
- 2012-08-04 23:39 Elise
- Dear san/kim i have just donated another =£20.could u please send me some more laminated posters .ive run out of ink! Thank u. Elise x
- 2012-08-04 23:21 Elise
- Thank you rileys mum i have sent photos x cant thank san and kim enough for their efforts in dagenham! Thank u doesnt seem enough! Thank u also michelle.ive followed that lead.am doing more appeals and publicity as we speak and have spent day postering again! Thank u to all the good people in this world may god bless u. And karma get the cruel people
- 2012-08-04 23:12 Elise
- Hello sori not been in touch on this page. Had traumatic time.but with all the kindness and support.im back fighting! Have repostered wheqte they gone from thanx spangles.sure hope my efforts do pay off!
- 2012-08-04 15:46 SanBarn
- Michelle H. Thankyou for the information, I passed this on to Elise and she has checked this out but Billy isn't there. I've left posters with South Essex golf course and farms in the area but Elise has done an excellent job with the postering and most places are covered. I've been in fields and Parkhill woods, sadly no sign of Billy. xx
- 2012-08-04 14:08 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise is out today postering all the rest of Billericay. Helper SanBarn is out searching Botney Hill. Any help greatly appreciated. If anyone has seen a border terrier anywhere, please check to see if it could be Billy. Thank you. x
- 2012-08-03 16:01 SanBarn
- As Kimmybear has said, Elise had a bad day yesterday due to a very cruel phone call. Remember Elise, what goes around, comes around and this nasty person will come unstuck at some point.But hey! well done, you're back out their again working hard to get Billy home. I've been out searching again today, speaking to people and giving out pocket size posters. Tomorrow I will be visiting as many farms as I can near where Billy was sighted at Botney Hill. xx
- 2012-08-03 10:38 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Poor Elise, went through the mill yesterday as she had those horrible prank calls. Some rotten idiots out there. Okay Billy could be anywhere, but he does have a chip so when he surfaces he can be traced to owner. Meantime, we have to keep looking and postering. You are all doing so well, thank you so very much. Come on Billy, time to get you home sweetheart. x
- 2012-08-02 22:29 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you, ROB and Riley's Mum. SanBarn and myself have been out searching today but no luck. We don't give up though! Vanda is also searching. Spoke to a policeman and he will keep a look out as well - he's on a bike so can access lots of places. x
- 2012-08-02 21:01 RileysMum, Area Co-ordinator South East
- So sorry to see Billy is missing. Im in Holland Park area of London, W11... I do alot of driving through these area's so will keep a look out. Is it possible to have any more pics of Billy? something that shows more of him?
- 2012-08-02 17:00 ROB
- Have tweeted about Billy, may be near Dagenham, ad doglost site, and dog ID number.
That will go to almost 400 followers, and they seem to be pretty good at retweeting....
Hope it helps.
- 2012-08-02 10:10 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- It is possible Billy could be in Dagenham. Dogs from this area do get taken to Dagenham as we have seen from a previous post and we need people to keep their eyes open around the fishing lake called Tom Thumb. PLEASE. Does anyone on here have links to an RSPCA official in the area? Or a police officer contact? Preferably someone who likes dogs in that area. I need to speak to anyone who could help. Thank you. x
- 2012-08-02 00:55 Max67
- Hi ! I am part of Team Pixie a Border Terrier that went missing on the 26th June, she belongs to a lady called Sue who I have been trying desperately to help as have other but with no success as yet, it's heart breaking. I have a BT called Bronte she's my best friend & if I lost her I can't begin to imagine so I feel your pain. If you ever need a chat we are here on Pixies dog lost page I'm sure Sue wouldn't mind either she's devastated too so you share your sadness with her. If you need any help let us know please ! Fingers crossed and a prayer for both of you x
- 2012-08-01 22:07 SanBarn
- Elise, what is the area/name of road where posters are going missing? Let me know if you need posters. xx
- 2012-08-01 19:04 Spangles
- There is an article in the Echo, there's a picture of the full page story on Mini's FB page and there is a picture of Billy, I can't find a link to the article online, will keep looking. Had a couple of comments today saying people have seen a lot of posters so keep up the good work Elise and as for the ones going missing, there could be a few reasons, one could be kids mucking around, could be people are taking them down to take with them for your contact details, not everyone has a mobile phone with them or pen and paper, or it could be you have hit a spot where someone knows something, in all cases keep re-postering and replace everyone taken down. You are doing a fantastic job and your efforts will pay off, fingers crossed its really soon x
- 2012-08-01 18:46 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well done, Elise! You are fantastic! xxx
- 2012-08-01 18:32 Elise
- Thank u.i have postered most of those suggested places.am noticing my posters are not staying up in places.so will go out and do again. Plz god someone with a heart and conscience reads our appeal and it gets billy home! Im praying so hard. Its been the longest month ever!a
- 2012-08-01 18:26 Elise
- I rang luke at echo when mini found and asked him to still publish appeal i had email him.i spoke to him again yest.am going now to get echo!
- 2012-08-01 11:25 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I have been told there is a big article in Echo with a plea for Billy and the story from Vanda on Mini Maga. Well done Elise and Vanda for getting this done. Well done, Luke of the Echo, for doing it. I can't find any online link at the moment, maybe it'll come on later today.xLast edited: 2012-08-01 18:49:16 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-08-01 08:18 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in CM4,5,13,14,15.
- 2012-07-31 21:40 Elise
- Thank u so much spangles. Kindness means alot at such a painful time x
- 2012-07-31 21:16 sophiesuds
- Just an idea but have had a quick look online for events in the mentioned areas so maybe worth going to them and handing out leaflet/postcards with details on, and this will also prove that you won't be giving up and also get more eyes looking out for your dog. Epping Ongar ~Railway are open everyday throughtout the olympics so that may well be worth a try, also at Ingaterstone there is a garden centre, worth putting a poster up in their restaurant at least, as most people have a cuppa when going to these places. Also in ~Brentwood there are free family fun days at King Georges Playing fields on the 3rd and 10th August from 11-3 and these are usually well attended in my area and all the kids are good for spotting things us adults don't sometimes. Also get a variety of people there including travellers kids and their mums so may just hit home if they do have him (especially if it states a reward is offered - may be worth considering but just the word reward not amount)/ Also in Brentwood each and every Saturday evidently is a farmers market, must be worth giving the stall holders a poster as they will have customers with dogs etc and can pass the word. Hope this helps, keep trying you will get him home Im sure. hE HAS SUCH A CHEEKY FACE.
- 2012-07-31 19:29 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I have asked for alerts to go out to Ongar, Ingatestone and Brentwood. Information has come to light that dogs from this area, could end up there, so we are desperate for helpers to poster out that way, focusing on "site" areas, main roads and pubs, please. If everyone could just put up a couple it would really help. Thank you. x
- 2012-07-31 17:20 Spangles
- Elise I have dropped 150 black and white posters through your door, didn't want to leave them outside as it was raining....keep up your fantastic efforts, we will get Billy home x
- 2012-07-31 11:28 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Having a few hours rest is not not stopping to care; its just recharging batteries. Being telepathic, he knows how much you care and always will, but he doesn't want you ill. He knows how hard you are trying. Helper Spangles wants to deliver some posters to you, Elise. I will text you also. This is my email if you want to send anything email@example.com and my mobile number you will get when I text you in a moment. Well done at the police station. Try and get a crime number. Billy disappeared from the garden, so he could have been taken. Scrap van that picked up a dog like Billy, that is also a crime. Try and make police give you a crime number. Not an incident number but a crime number. See how you go. x
- 2012-07-31 09:09 Elise
- Kimmybear. I cant rest til billy home.esp if he telepathic he will think ive stopped caring. And i will never do that! Have begged to billy and god to send much loved dogs back to safe.warm loving homes and ease their families broken hearts. Will talk to police sue again today.want to poster more to. Cud i plz send u another poster ad.update the doglost one? Its billyst birthday in august we must have him home for that!x
- 2012-07-30 22:17 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- still circulating on twitter...stay strong.
- 2012-07-30 21:43 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, I can tell you, your son and Billy are so devoted to each other and if wishes could bring him home right now, it would be so! You are the best! You have done everything right. Sometimes it does take a few weeks and sometimes it is the chip that brings them home, so don't lose hope, ever! Let's see if one of these sightings will pay off. I know how sick we can get when we lose a beloved dog and how we need to search for them every second. This is what makes you such a great owner and why you so deserve to get him home now. This is why my heart goes out to you. You have done everything. Sadly as we are human, sometimes our bodies can't keep going without getting ill so you need to take a little break just to recharge your batteries. It is okay to do this. You don't want to be ill if a call comes in. Billy will be so proud of you! He knows how much you love him. Dogs are telepathic so talk to his photo, he will hear you. You have put everything out there and contacted everyone so now it is just a case of waiting until you hear more news. Then you will be refreshed and ready for action. Fingers and paws crossed. xxx
- 2012-07-30 14:24 Elise
- Thank u i do appreciate the behind the scenes help! We love billy so so much will do all it takes to get him home! He is somewhere.but where?!
- 2012-07-30 14:20 Elise
- Kimmybear im doing all i can.im emotionally drained! Its 4 weeks today our liues turned upside down! Cant tell u how desperate we are to have our family unit back.i just know what else to do!
- 2012-07-30 11:59 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Please can people keep postering Leigh and Botney Hill also. We need to keep an eye out for him - he could have been picked up and let go; we just do not know. But we can't dismiss any sightings. Many thanks. x
- 2012-07-30 11:57 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, you are doing so well. You have postered everywhere and done everything right - you really deserve to have your Billy home! We are all doing what we can behind the scenes as well. You are such a great person Elise and we are all with you. Hang in there, Billy is somewhere.Let's find him. xxx
- 2012-07-30 10:35 Elise
- Kimmybear. Thank u for updating file.i will ring dw again today
- 2012-07-30 10:34 Elise
- Thank u so much jem harvs.im praying he is home by then!appreciate ur help!
- 2012-07-29 20:04 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, in the light of further information, PLEASE can people poster along the A127, anywhere and everywhere they can. Cafes, shops, garages, rubbish bins, laybys, anywhere you can get them. This is really important. We've got to get Billy back home. Please also poster the station in Billericay and around it, all public areas in Billericay. Please! Thank you. xxx
- 2012-07-29 12:33 JemHarvs
- No worries!
The date for cycling says isn't until 11th/12th, but there is tents etc up already so dont know if they are doing bits in between. But hopefully You'll have Billy back by then!
Hope the posters have helped and you have people calling soon with sightings. x
- 2012-07-28 23:08 Elise
- Oh jemharvs cannot thank u enough! Plz find out when cycling there.i will to.and will go there on the day. Billy will have to get back home with being so public. Home is awful.way too quiet!
- 2012-07-28 22:17 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well done, JemHarvs. Thank you. So appreciated by us all. We have to get Billy home! x
- 2012-07-28 20:02 JemHarvs
- Hi, Went to Canvey, Benfleet and Hadleigh and Leigh putting posters up and giving out leaflets (posters shrunk to 1/4 A4 page which work out well to give to people to put in pocket!) Put some on Cars too! Spoke to a lovely lady nr Hadleigh Farm woods/park where they are doing the cycling events soon for the olympics and she said it may be worth going down there when the events on handing out leaflets as there will be loads of people!! Worth a shot Elise? will try and find out what day it is for you.
No sign of Billy but lots of people with dogs looking at the posters as soon as I put them up, so hope this helps!! x
- 2012-07-28 18:33 Elise
- Possible sighting was at old leigh cockle sheds nr station and restaurants.please help if in that area. Many thanx!
- 2012-07-28 17:30 Elise
- Dont know postcode but its off tye common road.thank u everyone for all ur help!its much appreciated!
- 2012-07-28 14:03 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- JemHarvs, I've been trying to find the postcodes for sightings, but can't, however, the postcodes below might help? Many thanks. Owners and helpers are out again today searching. Cockle sheds, I would guess by the sea at Leigh? Come on Billy, please get home! x
- 2012-07-27 20:50 JemHarvs
- Hi there,
I am from Chelmsford, work in billericay couple days a week so will put his poster up for you! I do not know basildon, old leigh very well, but if you are able to give me a post code or something i can find on map will have a look round that area tomoro as heading to billericay tomoro afternoon, if thats any good for you? x
- 2012-07-27 19:03 CopperM
- Wishing you every success; regret I'm out of the area as from tomorrow morning. Will check again when I get home...
- 2012-07-27 17:46 twoDs
- Do hope one of these sightings is Billy,have shared update on FaceBook and BT World,good luck,hope he's home soon.
- 2012-07-27 17:31 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-07-27 16:44 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in CM11,12,13. SS5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17.
- 2012-07-27 16:30 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Asked for alerts to go out to all helpers in areas: Basildon, Billericay, Southend, Wickford, Rayleigh, Leigh, Old Leigh and anyone else who can come to these places to search and poster, we need you! Thanks. xxx
- 2012-07-27 14:53 SanBarn
- URGENT!!! Are there any helpers that can poster around Leigh cockle sheds and maybe ask around? Many thanks. xx
- 2012-07-27 13:56 Elise
- Please doglost helpers. Ive had 3 calls for sightings .one in botney hill.one in old leigh and nmne at ballards walk.! Im on way back to botney hill and ballards wakk.please if theses someone near old leigh cockle sheds plz poster that area! Cant run in 3 directionp and im so tired.confused and sick now!
- 2012-07-27 11:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Oh yes! Well done Elise! Thank you CopperM. Let's hope this brings good news. x
- 2012-07-27 11:35 CopperM
- Excellent article in Yellow Advertiser last night. Lets hope it brings results!
http://www.basildon-today.co.uk/news.cfm?id=26208&headline=Have you seen Billy?
- 2012-07-26 14:59 Elise
- Kimmybear and sanbarn. Thank u. As soon as got call yest i went and knocked on doors.gave out posters.and put posters up at riding school.cattery.pub .trees. Public footpath and cememtry in that area.will go there again after work tonite! Please help end our agony and find our precious billy!x
- 2012-07-26 12:30 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Dog Warden believes it is very possible Billy could have come to this area as it is very rural and lots of places to hide, so please everyone, can you check Botney Hill for Billy and please help Elise poster everywhere there. Many thanks. x
- 2012-07-26 02:01 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Everything crossed. Get more posters that way. Elise, anything is possible. I'm bumping Billy up again due to that sighting, so others might keep a look out for you. x
- 2012-07-25 21:31 SanBarn
- I've had a look at the map and he could be trying to get home to you. Give a poster to as many farms and cottages that you can, he could be hiding out in farm outbuildings.xx
- 2012-07-25 19:34 Elise
- The posters are at least getting him known.thats true! Please god the right person sees them!
- 2012-07-25 19:32 Elise
- I traced the border sighted.he an old dog who house backs on to bootsale and goes there every wk for hes burger off van and then sneaks back to garden! Bless him! Had another sighting on 9th at botney hill but the lady rang me today.long shot but now concentrating on that area. Very emotional day!
- 2012-07-25 16:55 SanBarn
- Elise, I'm sorry that the Border Terrier you had the call about wasn't your Billy but at least that dog is with his owner now. It's worth checking everything out because you just never know. At least people are aware of Billy and are seeing the posters. xx
- 2012-07-24 18:36 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Hi Elise, okay. Well done for figuring that out. At least you know. Now, regarding the police. I want to you tell them that Billy went missing from the garden on the same road as Mini did. Tell them you know about the "you know whos" and you want them to investigate. It is a big coincidence. Keep trying, I know it is hard to get through to them sometimes, but go in there and tell them what you know and why you want them to investigate. Or at least acknowledge the possibility. Worth another try. x
- 2012-07-24 17:21 Elise
- It was a border collie.not a border terrier that was found! Keep ringing pojice.they dont want to know!
- 2012-07-24 17:19 Elise
- 2012-07-24 17:19 Elise
- 2012-07-23 21:11 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, we are now double checking. I thought this had gone thru dog warden, if so, it would 100% not be Billy. If, however, it didn't, we will figure it out and get back to you. x
- 2012-07-23 17:19 SanBarn
- Elise I have emailed you. xx
- 2012-07-23 15:05 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Yes 100%. Billy is chipped, this was not Billy and has been claimed. Elise, might be worth you going to police as you are in the same road that Mini went from and it would be worth registering with them because whilst they are investigating Mini they could find Billy. Please tell them. You are doing well, keep going. x
- 2012-07-23 12:12 Elise
- R u 100% sure it wasnt billy!
- 2012-07-22 23:12 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, we are still with you on this. I am so sorry Billy is not home yet. But never give up hope because even months later they get home, especially with a chip. Yes, the found dog was a border terrier, but not Billy, sadly. It is on this site in the "found" (green) pages. Search for SS13, I think it is. You will see there. SanBarn is trying very hard for you as well. Come on Billy, where are sweetheart? x
- 2012-07-22 10:37 Elise
- Oh please someone ring! Its breaking my heart to see my son in tears! Our lives hate been taken over by our search for billy.itr an awful time.anyone who has half a heart and has information.please ring!
- 2012-07-20 10:13 Elise
- Pixie peeps. Was the dog found a border terrier? Please confirm this
- 2012-07-20 00:27 pixies peeps
- deleted as I understand this is not BillyLast edited: 2012-07-20 00:29:31 by pixies peeps
- 2012-07-19 22:39 Elise
- Pixie peeps.im out again all day tom looking. me and vanda love and miss our dogs desperatly.PLEASE contact this page again! I live in chelmsford postcode so am not familar with ss area myself either.
- 2012-07-19 22:03 vanda
- PIXIE PEEPS!!!! Please contact me, my dog was seen at the ballards with another person walking her. could be they have a change of heart. i need to know where that poster is exactly. many thanks Vanda
- 2012-07-19 21:50 Elise
- Pixie peeps.was it a border terrier found at ballards?
- 2012-07-19 19:12 pixies peeps
- Havent any idea of this area but on the found here there is a post about a found poster in SS15 Ballards.Evidently owner was there looking. Worth looking
- 2012-07-19 14:38 Elise
- Thank u san.was very disheartened but hope ur theory rite. Cant stand not knowing if billy ok. Me and son r so miserable! Thanx for all youve done i be out all weekend again for billy.chased echo today to x
- 2012-07-18 20:59 SanBarn
- I know it can be disheartening when posters are removed, sometimes it's malicious (kids mostly),sometimes like you said, people don't want them "spoiling" their area, these people have no idea of what you are going through and some will remove a poster to take home "just incase" they see Billy and then they can contact you, even these days, not everyone carries a mobile to take the number from the poster, so they just take the poster! Carry on with posters,when they disappear, replace them if you can. xx
- 2012-07-17 19:48 SanBarn
- Elise you are doing brilliantly! An appeal in the Echo with Billys photo will get people thinking and talking. Posters in vets are good too. Someone somewhere must have seen Billy so the more people see him, the sooner he'll be home with you again.xx
- 2012-07-17 12:51 Elise
- Kimmybear, okay i have done a mix of colour and black and white. Appeal along with Billy photo is going in evening echo paper. also a poster is going up of Billy in all 160 essex vets. Me and Vanda have joined forces, do hope all our efforts pay off!!
- 2012-07-16 21:39 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- The black and whites are useful Elise, but obviously coloured ones are best but they do need to laminated or they run something terrible. Even in plastic sometimes they get hot and that makes condensation. So, a mixture of all is the best bet. It just covers all your bases. You have a great helper in SanBarn, so you are not alone. x
- 2012-07-16 19:07 SanBarn
- Elise, I will text you tomorrow and let you know when the leaflets will be ready. xx
- 2012-07-15 17:42 Elise
- Kimmybear. Thank for email did colour posters so billys photo was clear. But agree black and white be cheaper.will try to read what youve sent me. And will read and act on what ive been sent. I adore my billy .yes someone must know hes whereabouts!x
- 2012-07-15 17:21 Elise
- Sunbarn. Have put posters upside down in plastic covers.thank u so much for doing my posters and leaflets.will send u donation .do want him too hot to handle! Thank u x
- 2012-07-15 15:35 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well done both of you! Also, black and white photocopies can last very well without any covering and are good to use where they may get pulled down as cheaper, but if they stay up can last for ages even in rain. Elise, I'm going to send you an email to read. San, has sent you the paper copies that you need to work on. I have a couple more bits of info to share. You are doing brilliantly. Someone knows where Billy is, so we keep going. What a fab human mummy you are and Billy knows it! x
- 2012-07-15 12:02 SanBarn
- Hi Elise,put the posters upside down in A4 plastic pockets,they should last a bit longer. I'm going to make a start on your posters this afternoon, the leaflets will take a little longer.Any donations to DogLost please.Elise you are doing great with the posters,keep going,we want Billy too hot to handle.xx
- 2012-07-15 11:21 Elise
- Was just the petrol stations, supermarkets were sympathtic. I have been replacing the posters, really would appreciate some laminated ones as mine keep getting ruined by the rain and im replacing them all the time, thats a great point bout neighbour. Am out again today putting up lots more, wont stop till my baby back home. if you could send me some laminated posters and leaflets for through doors, and i send you cheque or give me number to ring you so i can make donation, thank you
- 2012-07-14 21:43 SanBarn
- Petrol garages can be funny about posters as can some supermarkets,some will let you put them up and some won't.If the ones that have been taken down are in a public place then just replace them.Do you need posters? If so I can get some printed off for you.Make a note of where these posters are being removed from, it may just be kids with nothing better to do or council workers just following orders to remove all types of posters,leaflets etc. On the other hand it could be someone who wants to keep Billy so the posters need to keep going up so that people are aware if their neighbour has suddenly got a dog that looks like Billy, you would be suprised at the number of people that are willing to "do the Right thing" and make that call.xx
- 2012-07-14 21:27 Elise
- Did put posters up at festival leisure park and cinema and harvester and church again ready for sunday service.glad he a terrier and will survive but want him home with creature comforts.so lonely in evenings when son goes to bed as me and billy usually cuddle up under blanket on sofa together
- 2012-07-14 21:19 Elise
- Hi san havent yet but our post system going throu lot of changes at mo.thank u..needed ur words of encouragement as been out again today and lot of my popters have been taken down and petrol garages on a127 wouldnt let me put posters up! Want to shout dont u understand how much i love him!
- 2012-07-14 16:48 SanBarn
- Elise,I know this is tough but you are doing all the right things,hope you've received the scenting info I sent.Posters play a huge part in getting dogs home and Billy is chipped and that also is in his favour as wardens,pounds and rescues do scan.I know the weather is awful right now but these little terriers are extremely hardy,the weather doesn't bother this breed and they are excellent little hunters,if he's in the fields or woods he will have plenty to eat and drink and will have made himself a cosy den in the hedgerow,dense bushes or undergrowth and may even be using an old rabbit or fox hole.When dogs get lost they will revert to ferel behaviour but at some point he WILL be spotted. xx
- 2012-07-14 09:40 Elise
- Devastated again, was hoping it was Billy in Hastings, but he has been claimed from hes owner in Hastings
- 2012-07-13 23:43 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Keep going Elise, You never know which poster will be the one, okay? Or which call will be the one. Bill is somewhere, so somewhere we will find. x
- 2012-07-13 22:55 Elise
- Kimmybear thanx for updating billy profile x
- 2012-07-13 22:52 Elise
- Its a long shot but will ring hastings tom! Thank u
- 2012-07-13 21:55 mumstaxi
- Found Dog
13 Jul 2012 Border Terrier
Location: Hastings TN34
Colour: Brown Light
Our Ref: 272751
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
i know its a long shot and quite away away maybe worth checking
- 2012-07-13 21:42 Aud40
- Sorry to hear that Billy is missing I have shared to my Facebook page and to Stolen/Lost dogs.do hope he is found soon.
- 2012-07-13 21:00 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, I have amended Billy's breed to Border Terrier. Well done for contacting the Echco - Laura is who you need. Many dogs do get home Elise and there's every hope that Billy will too. O2 was down for two days where I am as well. Thank you for posting here now. x
DW I have sent dog pages to you, but just realised you want the photo itself, so in case you can't download them, so am now sending just photos too.
- 2012-07-13 19:18 Elise
- Thanks for tips, have already put posters up at bus stops, parks, dog poo bins, petrol stations, supermarkets, schools, sports centres, vets, pet shops, farms, church and golf club, but will keep on until our family is united and complete again
- 2012-07-13 19:14 Elise
- Dear vanda, thank you for your email, sorry to hear you are going through the same traumatic experience as us ut mo, you have my number, i am happy to join forces with you, i live in billericay, would not mind putting up pictures of your dog in my area too if you think that may help, im out looking for billy every night if you want to join us, Regards Elise
- 2012-07-13 19:10 Elise
- Dear Sanbarn, yes i did put appeal in local paper incase an elderly person who doesnt walk much and see the posters had taken billy in, im just trying to reach the message to everyone! Im with o2 and have had no network, of all times!! thank you so much army of helpers i really cannot express my grattitude to you!
- 2012-07-13 19:06 Elise
- Dear kimmybear, i am trying to hang in there, mainly for my distraught 7 year old son, do hope that with the posters,microchip,internet reports, facebook and newspaper ad people feel he is too hot to handle. i have spoken to echo today, thanx for your help, im happy to work alongside vanda
- 2012-07-13 18:50 Elise
- can you please change poster as Billy is not a cross, he is border terrier, and change it to print off in one page and not over two please, thanks
- 2012-07-13 14:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Bumped Billy due to ad. DW I am sending you what I can any minute now.x
- 2012-07-13 10:31 SanBarn
- Billy is in the Basildon Yellow advertiser.xx
- 2012-07-13 10:13 Basildon DW
- If owners or DL can email me jpegs of the missing dogs I can make a flyer of the ever growing list of missing Basildon dogs to give to council staff, easier than giving them lots of posters. there are more missing dogs that have not yet registered on DogLost or got back to me to let me know if they are back home
- 2012-07-12 23:11 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- DW, thank you for that! Wish everyone was like your council. Appreciated. Elise and Vanda, maybe you can join forces and work together. If both of you put up the two dogs posters, instead of one, you can cover more ground quicker and you can support each other. Give each other some posters. Then you can search together as both dogs have been lost in the same area. Elise, most dogs get home, even days or weeks later, so keep going and remember Billy is chipped so he has a better chance of getting back home. Jamie, a Westie on this site, has just got home after months because of his chip. Let's hope Billy gets back much quicker than that though. Come on Billy, where are you sweetie? x
- 2012-07-12 17:44 vanda
- HI!! Elise I am your neighbour , (your relatives neighbour , my daughter was the one that spotted it going down the road at the time hestrayed, I am sorry it was of no help. We have lost ours too. I have put your lost billy on our Find Mini Page on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/FindMiniSausageDog you can check it here. I do post and tweet about it, and my page is getting dozens of local people joining, so if anything, will let you know, also because I am on the look out for mine, I will keep my eyes peeled for yours, when I sepak to people I amention it to. Hope you guys get reunited really quick. Blessings
- 2012-07-12 16:10 Basildon DW
- Hi Kimmybear, just for info our cleansing team manager has a scanner for my days on leave and they always call me for deceased dogs they find so I can take photos etc, thank God we have had no such calls for Billy. I know other councils dont scan dead dogs but our guys are great and we dont get too many. There is lots of farm land in the area Billy went missing so farms, the Church Golf club etc will be good places to try. Other places sent to Elsie via email the other day.
- 2012-07-12 15:47 SanBarn
- Elise, I know your internet is down at the moment but like I said in the text, there is an army of helpers that are on the lookout for Billy. Also being a terrier he'll know how to fend for himself if he's in the fields, he will find food and shelter,sometimes it takes a little longer than we'd like to get them home. xx
- 2012-07-11 21:47 twoDs
- Looks like a full Border,not a cross - can this be checked please.Have shared on FaceBook and will post on BT World,hope he's home soon.
- 2012-07-11 21:36 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Elise, thousands of dogs get back home, so hang in there and keep working on this. You need to contact the Highways Agencies for the major roads, also the councils cleansing teams for the smaller roads because they do not scan dogs they find, so the only way to find out if they have seen him is to keep calling them and asking. If someone has him, the posters will make him too hot to handle. Please will you call the Echo and ask to speak to Laura. She is doing an article on missing dogs, and maybe, if not too late, she could mention Billy too. Don't get your hopes up in case it is too late, but she might decide to do a follow up next week, so please try! The fact that Billy is chipped is in your favour as it gives him a bigger chance of getting home. So tour mission now is to focus on spreading the news. Poster all cafes, garages and petrol stations along the A127, give smaller ones to school children at all the schools you can find, poster at supermarkets and sports centres, give all the vets one to pin up and pet shops are usually helpful. It really is possible to find him, so please keep trying and you are not alone; we are all helping you now. You are doing so well. x
- 2012-07-11 21:01 Elise
- Please help us find billy.our family is not complete without him! I do not always have access to web so any genuine sightings or info please 07821386775 any time day or nite. If u c billy please do not try to catch him.he will run away.please call me immaedetly.its so important we get our baby back.its torn our family apart.please help!
- 2012-07-11 13:13 SanBarn
- Thankyou Sue and Sue! I'll email scenting advice etc xx
- 2012-07-11 13:12 Sue
- Hope you got the other photo that I sent to you, I was sent that by the owner this morning i think it might be a better one????
- 2012-07-11 13:11 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in SS6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17.CM11,12,13. RM14,15,16,17,18.
- 2012-07-11 13:10 SanBarn
- I've just spoken to owner,photo should be on shortly,Billy was being looked after by a relative for the day as owner had a long shift at work and didn't want to leave Billy on his own all day,however,the relative left Billy in the garden and went to work, owner is not best pleased about this as Billy escaped through the gate, owner does not think Billy was taken as he doesn't go to people easily. Billy went missing sometime between 4pm and 9pm and was spotted walking down the road. Owner is very distraught and has put up over 200 of her own posters,she is having trouble loading photo on here so is sending to me to upload. owner is checking kennels and dog warden, I've also given her phone no.s for neighbouring wardens incase Billy crosses boundaries.xx
- 2012-07-11 13:06 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Alerts will be sent out once the photo is on the page Debs
- 2012-07-11 13:01 Sue
- Ive got a photo of Billy, how can I share this with you please? Ive sent it to you through admin, hope it works okLast edited: 2012-07-11 13:04:35 by Sue
- 2012-07-11 12:58 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- I hadnt received an email alert for this one, can someone check email alerts have been sent please. Is it a possibility this dog could have escaped or pinched?
- 2012-07-11 12:35 twoDs
- Looks like he is a full Border rather than a cross,mentions photo but not seeing one? Will share.
- 2012-07-10 19:20
- Sorry to see that BILLY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.