Lost: Blue Whippet Female In South West (EX16)
- Dog ID 41109
- Status Lost
- Registered 10 Jul 2012
- Name BLUEBELL
- Breed Whippet
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Blue
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars White chest, white paws and greying around the muzzle. Slight scar on back.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 05 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Lost in Bampton in Devon. Likely to have wandered onto the road and been picked up.
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area EX16
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Lost late afternoon. Have checked with all of the neighbours and thoroughly searched the area.
- Phone 1 01398 332 822
- Phone 2 07970 775 727
- Reward? Yes
- Listed By rosieclarkson
- Views 2214
- See more dogs Lost in EX16
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-11 09:39 rosieclarkson
- Hi - I am so sorry I didn't see your comment before - I kept checking and there was nothing new and got out of the habit. We sadly still haven't found Bluebell and I presume it is now too late to call regarding this sighting?
- 2012-08-07 18:07 ERS
- Hi - might not be connected, but I had a call today about the missing Teasel (lurcher) which might be relevant to Bluebell instead. It was of a sighting on the road between Stow on the Wold and Burford (A361?) on the morning of 17 July, of a grey whippet/greyhound runnng in the road. I do hope she's home, but if not thought I would pass that on. Won't have been Teasel as she didn't go missing until 25.7. I can pass on caller's number if that would help.
- 2012-08-02 14:54 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-07-11 21:27 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have sent an email to you Rosieclarkson with some advice which may be helpful. I hope there is good news soon.
- 2012-07-11 10:44 rosieclarkson
- Thanks very much Sharon, thats so kind. Nice to know you have people on side as it feels like trying to find a needle in a haystack!
- 2012-07-10 20:03 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-07-10 19:58 Sharon
- Have just added details to the Whippet Forum
- 2012-07-10 19:52 Sharon
- Hi So sorry to hear about bluebell. We have printed posters and I will distribute around Wivelsicombe area. I have asked all my friends to print a poster and put in their cars. I know very well the situation you are in and how you are feeling as we lost our whippet 3yrs ago. Thanks to postering we found her. I wish you lots of luck and I hope she will be returned to you soon. sharon
- 2012-07-10 17:58 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in EX16,TA21,22,4.
- 2012-07-10 17:43
- Sorry to see that BLUEBELL is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.