Reunited: Black Labrador Cross Male
- Dog ID 41099
- Status Reunited
- Registered 10 Jul 2012
- Name CHESTER
- Breed Labrador Cross
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Older Adult
- Build Large
- Colour Black
- Tail Half
- Marks & Scars Grey under his chin and a lump on his chest which is like a but nipple. A stumpy tail.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 09 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Stonegravels / Whittington Moor, Chesterfield.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area S41
- Date Found 09 Jul 2012
- Where Found Claycross, Chesterfield
- Found In Region Central
- Found In Post Area S45
- Date Reunited 12 Jul 2012
- Other Info HELP FIND CHESTER (CHESTERFIELD)****** http://www.facebook.com/HelpFindChesterChesterfield ****** This is Chester who went missing today at 11am from the Stonegravels / Whittington Moor Area, in the chesterfield area. Near The massive Tesco/Chesterfield Football Ground. He is 8 years old and he has never ran off before so we think he may have been stolen. If you know of his whereabouts then PLEASE contact us asap. Thank you.
- Phone 1 01246 204843
- Phone 2 077 20 76 08 46
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Gareth Burroughs
- Views 1288
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-07-12 23:51 Owl
- Very pleased to hear this, welcome home Chester and don't do it again!
- 2012-07-12 21:46 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Brilliant news Gareth xx
- 2012-07-12 21:40 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- That's wonderful news Gareth. So pleased that Chester is ok and it sounds like you deserve a rest !!
- 2012-07-12 21:32 Barneysmum
- Excellent news, welcome home Chester x
- 2012-07-12 21:32 xWendyx
- Really, really pleased to see Chester 'in the blue'. Welcome home Chester - stay safe xx
- 2012-07-12 21:30 Jayne - Head Office
- Yippee great news...
- 2012-07-12 21:28 Gareth Burroughs
- Hi all,
CHESTER IS BACK - HOOORAYYYY
He was picked up shortly after he went missing by a kind lady who looked after him. They saw a poster today, and the rest is history.
He's lying next to me now and when I went to get him he acted like he'd been on holiday - no idea what trouble he has caused.
I can't thank everyone enough.
The facebook page has reached over 3000 people -
The support from DogLost has been so helpful -
I have chased up 4 suspected sightings -
Printed 800 posters, 1000 A5s and 2000 A6s -
He's been on the radio 3 times -
I've been chased by travelers
Had on hoax call -
Been to the police station -
Probably got a massive phone bill -
Had and army helping me -
And the most incredible help -
THANK YOU ALL FROM ME AND CHESTER.
- 2012-07-12 18:12 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, he is following up a lead at the moment.
- 2012-07-12 14:28 wease
- sorry - just seen the link for the posters!! I'll get some up. Do let me know about any organised searches though please!
- 2012-07-12 14:09 wease
- Hi, Although my area (s33) has not come up in the alerted postcodes, I am really not that far from S41, and would like to distribute posters!!! please could someone send me some? Are there any organised searches bieng arranged?
- 2012-07-12 08:50 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Chester has been circulating on twitter every few hrs.....got one person....who just syas thats not Chester? @Doggdayz....are they just commenting on the photo?
- 2012-07-11 23:07 Gareth Burroughs
- by the way there is a facebook site. please join
- 2012-07-11 22:48 Gareth Burroughs
- Thank you Barneysmum. Please feel free to print and distribute the poster if you get time.
- 2012-07-11 22:46 Gareth Burroughs
- HI dash and thank you for your comments. Your first post about twitter is not something I have done. I am really finding it hard to manage my time. I am constantley on the phone, and dog shelters, sticking posters up and keeping tabs on Facebook. Your points are noted and thank you. I have never used twitter so will ask about.
The taxi/bus companies is also a great idea - thanks.
- 2012-07-11 21:25 Barneysmum
- Hi, just seen the post. I live in Walton area, working in Sheffield tomorrow but will have a drive round the area on my way home. Will keep checking the site hopefully he will be home safe and sound soon x
- 2012-07-11 19:39 Dash
- Oh, and also call local vets, if possible leaving them a poster, also the local animal shelters in addition too RSPCA, Dogs Trust and the local dog warden
- 2012-07-11 19:37 Dash
- Hi - am so sorry to read about Chester. I have alerted a friend who works in the Derham (?) Lane office park, and asked him to put some posters up. I recently lost my dog and found that twitter really helped raise the profile and spread the word very quickly. In the end we had 187,000 following Dash's story. Tweet all the local businesses and ask them to retweet to their clients etc. I expect you have already thought of it I know, but also alert the local bus and taxi companies. They spend all day driving around the area, and have a good chance of spotting a stray dog - and Chester is quite large so thats a good thing. Local radio usually will announce it on air too. Another obvious one (sorry!) is to check with the football club next to , lots of laces for a dog to hide or get shut in and no one much there off season. Fingers crossed for you, keep positive. Jayne
- 2012-07-11 14:41 Gareth Burroughs
- Thank you. They also have a poster now
- 2012-07-11 10:26 Owl
- The people who run Stonegravels Lane recycling centre are aware, I happen to know them through this site and sent a text.
- 2012-07-11 09:13 Gareth Burroughs
- Thanks for your comments. I have set up a facebook page with regular updates on. The address is facebook.com/HelpFindChesterChesterfield.
There has been a sigting on Stonegravels Lane on Monday 9/7/12, but that is all I know so far. It was a posting on facebook so trying to find more out.
He went missing for the s41 7jf area.
The following is my latest posting this morning:
All we have today is a sighting on Stonegravels Lane on Monday 9th July 2012.
I have been putting Lost Posters up and will continue today covering the 3 main big roundabout on the bypass, and along Sheffield Road.
I am going to the RSPCA and the kennels on Broomfield Road this morning and I will be ringing the following councils:
If anyone can give me some more ideas for councils, that would be appreciated.
Also today I will be ringing the Police again, the railways, highways agency, dog rescues, getting adverts on Gumtree and Preloved.
I need to get these posters all over, so could do with a little help. If anyone has the time to come and collect some and put them up around your local area, that would be great. My number is 0772 07
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE THIS PAGE/POSTER ON THIS PAGE WITH ALL YOUR EBAY FRIENDS. AND PUSH THEM TO DO THE SAME.
That way 10 become 100. 100 become 1000. 1000 become 10000. 10000 become 100000.
Thank you all.......
- 2012-07-10 20:17 xWendyx
- I'm in Walton and got to drive to Barnsley in about an hour so will detour that way. I'm at work tomorrow in the day but can search in the evening. Will check on here for more details
- 2012-07-10 18:24 whiskas
- I live a little too far from here but can make a detour drive past stonegravels on my way home each evening. Where exactly did he go missing from?
- 2012-07-10 17:35 Jayne - Head Office
- TX...Alerts sent out o helpers in S18,20,21,40,41,42,43,44,45.
- 2012-07-10 16:57 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-07-10 16:51 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Can alerts be sent out please. Thank you.
- 2012-07-10 16:49 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner. DW has been contacted, plus vets and local kennels. I have advised to poster asap. Also to check certain sites on the internet and do put lost ads on them. Local radio has been contacted and owner needs to contact local paper. Owner needs to visit dogs home every day and to phone local rehoming kennels and also ones in the next county.
- 2012-07-10 16:47 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Put on Facebook Central and East Mids & Warks
- 2012-07-10 16:46 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.