Lost: Liver & White Pointer Cross Female In South West (DT2)
- Dog ID 41042
- Status Lost
- Registered 08 Jul 2012
- Name QUIVVA
- Breed Pointer cross
- Gender Female
- Age Young Adult
- Colour Liver & white
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 07 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Broadmayne, Dorchester. Slipped her harness late last night.
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area DT2
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 22 Jul 2012
- Other Info Slipped her harness out of the garden, in broadmayne, Dorchester, late last night, is wearing collar with no tag, not microchipped, liver and white Pointer looking smooth coated aged roughly 1/2, is extremely timid will not approach people will bolt best thing is a sighting, or trapping her in a garden
- Phone 1 07867305146
- Phone 2 07715596368
- Listed By poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Views 3464
- See more dogs Lost in DT2
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-07 15:26 scootjockey
- So sorry no recent sightings willing she shows herself. Stolen tays mum x
- 2012-10-03 20:43 Reynard
- I can not beleive this poor girl has not been caught yet ,,,but she was used to living rough apparently poor poor girl. Good Luck hope you get her before the winter sets in x
- 2012-10-03 20:41 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thanks Sue, you would have thought that now the fields have been harvested someone would report seeing her around the area but no reports for a while now.
- 2012-10-03 08:50 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-09-16 14:14 Lilybear
- Quivva, I've not forgotten you, you're still in my thoughts. Your poster is in my car for my journeys to and from Dorset/Wiltshire/Hampshire areas. Am a regular visitor to DT2 so if there is anywhere you want me to poster let me know, thanks.
- 2012-09-14 07:28 Daisy
- Anymore news on Quivva?
- 2012-08-18 09:08 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- fingers and paws crossed for this girl....come one Quivva/Bella!x
- 2012-08-18 08:58 jobadger
- Good to read this. Well done to all concerned - come home safely gorgeous. x
- 2012-08-17 22:59 Lilybear
- That's good news. I wish you all well. Will be keeping fingers/paws crossed.
- 2012-08-17 22:14 Shereen
- Sounds promising! Hope all goes well and she allows herself to be caught.X
- 2012-08-17 21:59 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- New sightings of Quivva/Bella today. She is now being fed regularly but will not allow anyone to touch her so we are hopeing to use a trap over the weekend. Fingers crossed she will soon be back in her new home.
- 2012-08-12 10:03 Lilybear
- Am returning to Dorset, DT2 for a couple of days this coming week. So hoping for news on Quivva & Wednesday. Will re-check areas I posted to see if posters need replacing. I have transport if there is any news? I have some friends working in Dorset for the Olympics who have offered their support. Fingers crossed... Mum gets a great monthly Crossways Community magazine. Will make contact to see if they might help with an appeal for sightings.
- 2012-08-08 19:26 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Yesterday's sighting is a little confusing as the person who saw her thought she had a collar on but he was sure it was her. She was not wearing one when she went missing. Also posters in the village have been taken dow.
- 2012-08-07 23:07 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thank you Lilybear, there has been a new sighting this morning, not bumping this time as I am not sure exactly where she was seen but at least we know she is still around the area and surviving.
- 2012-08-07 20:13 Lilybear
- Returned to Dorset yesterday, posted from animal sanctuary, near to Bere Regis, through Bovington, Moreton, back to Crossways. So need some sightings to help focus search.
- 2012-08-01 08:00 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- If not already done can you contact Dorset Echo, they maybe prepared to run a story combinining Quivva & Wednesday as they are both lost in the same area. We need more sightings of both dogs, they can't just dissapear.
- 2012-07-31 13:41 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- If still missing please put on the list for a Countryman's Weekly magazine advert
- 2012-07-29 05:41 Lilybear
- posters given to two petshops in dorchester town, a friendly crossways,warmwell bus driver, taxi office, a helpful dog lover staying at warmwell campsite, a couple of Local dog walkers. Bella keep save and show yourself x
- 2012-07-27 08:01 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Great to see that you have been to take Shyer to the area and that you have such good helpers. Lilybear, this must be hard for you to be doing this again, really apreciate it.
Can all look out for Wednesday in the area too, he was washed down river from Moreton.Last edited: 2012-07-27 10:29:50 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-07-26 19:24 Hopeful
- Also put posters at the large equine vetinary centre just out of Broadmayne
- 2012-07-26 19:19 Hopeful
- Lilybear UR amazing thanks x we walked the field with Bellas mum (shire found on Sunday) and she did pay some attention to some poo but no signs of Bella sadly. Would be great to walk again to see if she is still around I will go tom ankle feelin better. I work at the hospital so I can poster there hon its been on the staff intranet sight for a couple of weeks too x
- 2012-07-26 12:11 Lilybear
- Have spoken to all the dog walkers, dog lovers at Oaklands Park Mobile Home site, Crossways, they are looking out for Bella, One lady had a sighting last weekend. There is a large field to back of the park with old RAF shelters, will go out checking at dusk, dawn when able. Sorry I can't do more at moment, SO wish I could, to and from hospital. Will poster Dorchester hospital today. Goulds Garden Centre & Pet Centre done. Will spread word all I can. Bellas mummy - am sure it's all been done.. pubs, vets, post office sorting offices, public transport canteens, milkman, all those early birds... Dorset Echo readers. Rest your poorly ankle and run up a big phone bill ringing anyone and everyone! My friends are sharing DogLost link on facebook. I rang the dog warden daily/out of hours to ask for any sightings of Major. So wish I could do more, you are in my thoughts. Keep strong.. Keep Safe Bella. I'll leave you some biscuits & water out x
- 2012-07-26 09:50 Hopeful
- Thanks so much everyone x devastated fell down steps yesterday and sprained my ankle which is hindering my searching. Really hoping for sighting today
- 2012-07-26 06:21 Daisy
- I work at Puddletown surgery, I'll put a poster up there x
- 2012-07-25 22:29 Bid
- I will put posters up around dog-walking spots at Tadnol, Chaldon & Winfrith - they all border Warmwell.
- 2012-07-25 19:33 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to all DT postcodes.
- 2012-07-25 17:28 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Good that there were sightings at the weekend, bumped due to these.
- 2012-07-25 10:31 Hopeful
- Quivva/bella has been sighted on Saturday and we think Sunday in the Warmwell area in the field next to Quarry lane and on the holiday resort park dean. We were out all day yesterday but no sightings sadly. Lots of posters about and kind people helping. Due to the distance they do travel it will be best to poster Wool, Affpuddle, I've got Tolpuddle covered. Thanks again for everyone's help. On happy note met the most lovely lady yesterday who wanted to help so much as lost dog found her greyhound for her in Wiltshire she couldn't rate you guys higher x
- 2012-07-22 21:26 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Considering the distance that Quaka managed to travel I am going to ask for email alerts to be sent to a wider area,
- 2012-07-22 19:21 BabsC
- I am now on holiday from work and though based in Weymouth I am happy to help Bella's owners search. Please get in touch and let me know where you would like me to look x
- 2012-07-22 16:03 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have had it confirmed by the fosterer that is is Quaka who has been found, there had been sighting which we were not aware of along the way into Weymouth and along the main road to Dorchester.
Let's hope Bella/Quivva will follow her into the blue soon
- 2012-07-22 15:46 Owl
- I have moved her back to Lost as we need to confirm whether it was Quivva (Bella) or Quaka who has been found. Will leave it to poochpal to sort it out and move as appropriate.
- 2012-07-22 15:39 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- .Last edited: 2012-07-22 16:12:02 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-07-22 15:15 Andrea DDR
- This dog has been found, she was 15 miles away in Dorchster she is a sorry state but is alive, Thank you to all that helped catch her and Dorchester police who returned her to the care of DDR
- 2012-07-22 12:40 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Welcome aboard Hopeful, I had wrongly assumed that either DDR or the fosterer would have given you the details for Bella/Qivva's page as it was them who asked me to register her. Great that you are here now though, let's hope we get plenty of sightings. Posters can be printed, emailed and shared from the tabs at the top, I know you have already done so much to make everyone aware of her. Are you able to plot all sightings on a map to see if her movements follow a pattern. We need her to sttle in one area so that a feeding station can be set up. Sending you an email with some tips.
- 2012-07-22 11:34 Hopeful
- Hi I'm Quivva (bella's) owner I only found out about you guys last night and can't thank you enough for helping. So far Bella was seen for a few days in a field opposite the diary in West Knighton and despite our best efforts were unable to catch her. She has since moved to the water works in West Knighton. The last sighting was some days ago now tho and we were losing hope as we go out every day searching and the farmers and game keeper have been amazing, however now we know Bella was ferell it gives us hope she is still fending for herself. The fields go for miles from West Knighton to Warmwell! Bella seems to like fields with short grass and never strays too far from the hedgerows. She is lighting fast ! Would love a positive sighting just to know she is ok. Any help is extremely welcome x
- 2012-07-21 19:58 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Bumped due to sightings in West Knighton. This girl is very fast and is gone like a shot as soon as she sees anyone. If she is seen sheltering in a shed or any enclosed area please try to shut her in there and call teh above numbers. I have put her new owner's number as the first one but the second number is Dorset Dog Rescue.
- 2012-07-18 15:15 Reynard
- Very good news the owners are on the case, good luck!
- 2012-07-18 13:36 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have been told today that Quivva's owners are doing all they can to find her, she has been sighted around the area of her new home. They are being very patient and have access to a trap which was set for her but she would go nowhere near it. As they are aware that there is help if needed it would be best to stay away from the area and leave Quivva (now Bella) to learn to trust them.
- 2012-07-18 13:34 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have been told today that Quivva's owners are doing all they can to find her, she has been sighted around the area of her new home. They are being very patient and have access to a trap which was set for her but she would go nowhere near it. As they are aware that there is help if needed it would be best to stay away from the area and leave Quivva (now Bella) to gain their trust.
- 2012-07-18 09:59 Fluffylegs
- Chris the dogwarde that went to look for Quaka knows the Broadmayne area says lots of hidng places woodland etc so dog walkers best best maybe. Will have alook for stables in the area as horse riders good and farmers, we can e mail or Ive got 20 posters can stick in post by 4.45
- 2012-07-18 08:44 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- The west Dorset dog warden is on leave this weekso the area will be covered by Weymouth & Portland which is also helping with Quaka. I am not sure if they have the correct number yet, will try to find out and will let you know.
- 2012-07-17 23:37 Fluffylegs
- Details of Quivva also e mailed today to coastguards at weymouth and portland and lifeboat station at weymouth, as although a few miles away it makes sense.
DOES DOG WARDEN HAVE THE CORRECT NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS FOR QUIVVA AND QUAKAS OWNERS/CARERS NOW???
- 2012-07-17 21:19 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I don't really think it matters what the history is, the only fact that matters now is that they are made safe which means we all need to work together to find and catch them. I have sent you an email fedup, let's hope we can change your user name soon. x
- 2012-07-17 20:36 Lynda Carol
- DDR have said they are puppy farm dogs, not feral,with little human contact
- 2012-07-17 19:32 Reynard
- fedup ,,,you sound truly fedup,,what is going on does anyone want help or not,,or is the search under control and we are not wanted?
- 2012-07-17 18:07 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thank you Fedup, this is a start. I feel so sorry for the new owner. We at Doglost know only too well how these feral dogs behave and i am sure if we could have direct contact we would be able to help.
- 2012-07-17 16:44 Lynda Carol
- quivvas ownners live in broadmayne not the fosterer
- 2012-07-17 16:11 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thank you so much Fluffylegs & Reynard, we really nead all the help we can get with these two girls. The dogwarden for Quivva's area is on leave at the moment and DDR have not replied to messages left so I have not been able to contact the fosterer in Broadmayne. If anyone has a number for her/him please can you call 0844 800 3220 so that admin can pass it to me?
- 2012-07-17 15:31 Reynard
- Its brilliant there is a sighting of Quaka today.
Perhaps DDR can update Quivva's page and Poochpal.
Fingers crossed this poor girl and Quaka 41033 will be found and perhaps be reunited,,,, maybe they will be less scared if they have each other?Last edited: 2012-07-17 15:33:48 by Reynard
- 2012-07-17 01:37 Fluffylegs
- I saw Quaka on Its A SPRING THING and let coastguards and lifebaot station know by e mail today also prisons on Portland.
Spring Thing has now had Quivva's details added. There may be someone local to Quivva who can put in some help. Quaka's details on dog lost said Wemouth beach.
We will help from afar all we can but please could info be kept alive on here DOG LOST as it helps toput a plan together.
DOG LOST PLEASE COULD YOU BUMP THESE GIRLS UP TOGETHER AS ALTHOUGH NO LONGER PLACED IN HOMES TOGETHER IT MAY BE POSS TO LINK THEIR HABITS FROM RECENT PAST.Also, Dorset Dog Rescue are involved with both. Thanks
All action postering please encourage owners DDR to post on here....
- 2012-07-11 20:50 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thank you Caroline, I think it is Quaka, 41033, who has been see n on the Chesel beach, very confusing but both came into rescue together and both managed to escape on the same day, one from Portland and this one from Broadmayne. They have not had their names long enough to recognise them and were previously living wild so do not respond t humans.
- 2012-07-11 15:18 Caroline28
- From Facebook:
Dorset Dog Rescue
Quivva is in chesil beach running through crowd please can someone grab the poor mite xx
Can anyone help?!?!
- 2012-07-09 17:38 Andrea DDR
- Still no sighting of this girl both of the above numbers are on 24/7 and we are in contact with people who just adopted her from us, Andrea@ Dorset Dog Rescue
- 2012-07-09 15:06 WDDC Dog Warden
- Just wanted to let you know that i am aware - i have tried to contact who i believe to be the owner but unfortunatley the number i have been given isn't recognised. I will keep looking on here for updates. Fingers crossed x
- 2012-07-08 14:09 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in DT1,2,3,4.
- 2012-07-08 13:32 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Quivva is a rescue dog who is used to fending for herself. She may bolt if approached so please do not try to catch her. Any sightings to be phoned to the above numbers.
- 2012-07-08 13:12
- Sorry to see that QUIVVA is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.