Reunited: Liver And White Spaniel Cross Female
- Dog ID 41033
- Status Reunited
- Registered 08 Jul 2012
- Name QUAKA
- Breed Spaniel Cross
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour liver and white
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars non known
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 07 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Last seen running up Verne Common Road Portland Dorset
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area DT5
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Picked up from Dorset, but ran off while trying to get her into owners car, did have collar and harness on. Told she was very nervous and timind so please look in sheds, outhouses and other hiding places. Could be on Verne Common, where i shall be later today, or that area.
- Phone 1 01305838000
- Phone 2 01305838333
- Listed By Lynda Carol
- Views 2710
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-07-31 13:58 Lynda Carol
- At the time of this girl missing I was her owner. As this little adventure has set her back she is no longer up to the drive back to North Devon she is now in the care of DDR. where I really hope she gets well. I would like to thank every who took part in the search for Quaka, especially my partner who did most of the driving from devon to dorset and back again thank you all
- 2012-07-25 13:11 Fluffylegs
- Crikey !!!! Thanks!!! points taken......
- 2012-07-25 12:36 Neighbark
- Fluffylegs - you have a really good heart, everyone recognises that. I get very enthusiastic too, and have had my knuckles rapped a few times by the long-timers. It's a matter of working with and thru' the D.L. team, they know a lot more than they dare say sometimes, coz they work with police and others - and dog thieves do read these postings. they are the filth of all society, and too much info can be dangerous. Keep-up your work fluffylegs - your enthusiasm is contagiious and fuels those feeling in despair over their missing doggies.
- 2012-07-23 00:36 Sarah W
- Yay Fabulous news Quaka has been found. Well Done all involved xx
- 2012-07-22 21:52 millypod
- Pleased to see Quaka has been found, hope she soon recovers from her sore feet. Well done to the police and Team Quaka.xx
- 2012-07-22 21:46 lesleyjane
- So pleased to hear of this happy ending, especially as the weather is going to be really hot this week and it would be really tough on Quaka.xx
- 2012-07-22 21:29 Fluffylegs
- Sweet Quaka girlie, so very pleased to see you have been found and safe; we hope your poorlie feet and legs will feel better very soon with cuddles and food and comfort. Stay safe now little one and rest and goodsie lucks at the vetties.Last edited: 2012-07-22 21:30:29 by Fluffylegs
- 2012-07-22 20:26 Reynard
- Brilliant she has been found! ,,,well done to the Police ,,,,welcome home Quaka ,,,,now you can be spoilt rotten . :)
- 2012-07-22 18:32 Shereen
- So pleased she is safe,hope her sore feet get better soon.Xxx...Good luck in your foster home.xxx
- 2012-07-22 18:24 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Great news! Stay safe now Quaka xxx
- 2012-07-22 18:02 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Great to see Quaka in the blue.:) Hope her leg and paws are on the mend soon.xx
- 2012-07-22 17:48 dinkydoodle
- Fantastic news!!
- 2012-07-22 16:47 bazil
- Brilliant news she has been found. Poor sweet girl must have had a terrible time out there on her own. Hoping she makes a full speedy recovery. Welcome home Quaka xxx
- 2012-07-22 16:31 janiejewel1649
- Really happy to see Quaka has been found. Hope her swolllen leg and feet are better soon. Sending her tender healing thoughts for her poorly leg and feet. Stay safe now Quaka:-)xxx
- 2012-07-22 15:56 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- So pleased to be able to reunite this girl, picked up by the police on the road to Dorchester and delivered back to her foster home on Portland this morning. She has a swolen leg and sore feet so off to the vet to be checked over in the morning after a good feed and sleep.
- 2012-07-22 13:07 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Text from BabsC last night to say that she spent a while looking around the area we think Quaka was last seen but no sign of her. Thanks BabsC, our help is much apreciated.Last edited: 2012-07-22 13:09:11 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-07-21 09:07 Jayne - Head Office
- Just emailed number to you Poochpal tx
- 2012-07-21 09:02 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- IWill get your details from admin and give you a call BabsC. Thank you for the offer to help.
- 2012-07-20 22:49 BabsC
- Please get in touch and I am holiday from work so can come search. I am DT4.Last edited: 2012-07-20 22:52:10 by BabsC
- 2012-07-20 00:00 Fluffylegs
I apologise to Dog Lost, the owner and Fed Up and to yourself Poochpal....and if I was overzealous in my wording I apologise for that too and for becoming too concerned about Quaka's welfare when it was beyond my remit to be further involved, so once again Im sorry for that too.
I hope the dogs are found very soon and are or become safe and well as soon as possible.
- 2012-07-19 18:29 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have been at work all day so only just catching up on this, had I been around I would have deleted your post, Fluffylegs. The posts from Fedup had clearly stated that the owner is in touch with the dog warden and I have told you myself that the search is under control. There are other factors to consider in this case and a lot of work is going on behind the scenes. We have not posted all sightings, confirmed or otherwise as we do not want lots of people searching and frightening her. You have my telephone number, please call me if you need to know anything rather than posting in a way that could be upsetting for an already distressed owner and helpers.
That said I apreciate that you have apologised and I hope Fedup can accept that the post was not meant to offend.
Thank you also to Reynard for calming the situation, now let's just concentrate on finding Quaka.
- 2012-07-19 16:22 Fluffylegs
- Fed up...Im really sorry I do apologise I didnt mean to offend anyone. I live a long way off but elected to be helpful with these 2 dogs, so Im sorry if it appears like interferring. In a way its inevitable as one is trying to work out from afar how to help and with no information available other than a message from fed up saying no confirmed sighting in 2 days it really did sound like a fed up call for some help!!! I'M REALLY SORRY IF i MISINTERPRETED THE COMMENT.
The suggestions I made were only ones that I have made to others searching for dogs lost which have proved to be helpful and the comment about the olympics was an obvious one of course but only a confirmation of concern.
I'm really sorry that Quaka is still missing and it must be a big worry for the owner. Anyway it sounds from the post that you have the search pretty well organised and that is a good thing so very good luck and I hope the lovely girlie is found safe and well very soon and I'm off to dog walk with little Sasha's owner that we found last week who'd been missing for 10 days; we're going to try tellington touch harnesses, gen con and see if we can get her organised to safe walking.
Dog Lost is a great organisation and the really helpful aspect of it is the ability to share information on here about the highs and lows of searching, people tend to follow the tails! of the lost dogs and share in the delights of the finding and the sdanesses of loss or the sheer misery of just not knowing what has happened to your dog, as with Sid down here, gone for 7 months but owners keep up the hope and we're re postering again tonight.
SO take care and good luck and if any of you have a mo an update wld be great to keep in touch. xxxxof hope from daft springer spaniel !!!
- 2012-07-19 15:35 Reynard
- fedup ,,,,please dont get offended very difficult to get accross that help is on hand when all you can do is list on here,,,,,take it as advise and not a lecture ,, we had know way of knowing what the owner was doing and what she/he was up against,,it is indeed difficult to maintain when at a distance ,,,but she/he is not alone,,,,so lets work together try and keep us updated and we will do all we can to help,,its about Quaka (& Quivva) & all the other missing dogs ,,,,,,we dont have egos here on doglost .x
- 2012-07-19 13:42 Lynda Carol
- Fluffylegs. On behalf of Quakas owner. Quaka went missing in Portland her owner lives in North Devon a distance of 215 miles away. These past 12 days owner has driven well over a thousand miles back and forth. Owner has done everything possible to bring this dog to notice. Owner is well aware of when olympics start and knows, that the present level of search will not be able to be maintained. Owner is in touch with dog warden and the sightening of quaka at fishermans hut was unconfirmed, locals had not seen her.Owner has been plagued with texts/calls of unconfirmed sightenings. Only confirmed sightening of this dog was the 11th. A sightening of dog 2day is awaiting confirmation. Owner doing all that can be done. Last edited: 2012-07-19 15:56:12 by Lynda Carol
- 2012-07-19 12:02 Fluffylegs
- JUST TO ADD TO POST JUST BELOW....QUAKAS OWNER...YOU would need to be there..ALSO the olympics are starting and weymouth is going to be very busy, so will portland for sightseeing..this cld be scary for her....it doesnt matter where the posters go, in weymouth as well, as people get out and abt and schools are out on friday so there will be holiday makers...this little girlie needs a feeling of protection from all these potrentially scary happenings.
1. POSTER all supermarkets
2. Contact prisons to see if they walk their sniffer dogs, weve sent them posters already
3. E mail Bus companies ask them to give drivers a copy of posters
4. if you e mail the schools on Portland this afternoon and ask them to put posters at their gates for last day tomorrow
4.Holiday cottages, send stuff to the actual cottages, locate on line and ask occupiers to look out
5. Tourist info place
6. Attractions in the area ring and ask them to poster
7. Caf ask them to check if their bins are being raided, same for hotels and guest houses on portland
8. Ask Dog lost for details from Sherlock Bones abt how dogs work in a triangle ad try and plot.....maybe with help of dog warden. chris is really helpful and involved with lifeboat service as well
9. GET THE posters on coastal walks
10.BE THERE... HAVE YOU SEEN MY DOG!!! IS GOOD!!!!!
- 2012-07-19 11:43 Fluffylegs
- Chris the dog warden had a sighting o Quaka injured 2 days ago ad was on his way out when he rang me from his mobile, although she may not have been at the same place when he got there...all possibilities have to be taken account of.
QUAKA'S OWNER... when dogs have gone off local to us we have had a special day, which could be saturday/sunday, when we have a round up of as many people that we can muster, friends, local dog walkers etc and suggest meeting at a certain point at say 12noon and each pwerson will take on a task, ie putting posters through doors, sticking posters in a certain area etc all carry high value treats and slip lead and be aware of action to take if sighted, no running after, no calling, sitting quietly no eye contact etc
Then meet say 2 hrs later for de brief.
This raises awareness and if you give the ctivity a name such as QUEST 4 QUAKA like weve had Sniff 4 Sid, Jess in Distress... it sticks in peoples minds.
Whereas you may not be local dont worry, the publicity for it can go out on here, weve done this before and on Spring Thing and people locally will soon get to hear.
Its not to try and round her up but to give impetus to her recovery...at the mo its not clear what is being done to find her if you dont mind my saying so and every little helps.
ALSO the more you are able to keep in touch here, the more people living away from the area can help like e mailing companies, organisations, guest houses, holiday cottages...people will do this. In northumberland Archie is missing and a peron from 200miles away is at the e mailing all the time.
Last week we found Sasha missing for 10 days, a few hundred yds from home, hiding near scrubland by old peoples dwellings...we'd walked miles on sitings sat in car parks postered the universe and the next day we cld hardly walk but WE FOUND HER, WE WERE NON STOP!!!!!
COME ON HELP US TO FIND QUARKA. IT MAY WORK, IT MAY NOT.
I mean for instance Tara at my garage up the road has been e mailing stuff out for you to help, so lets get with it .xxxxxx okey dokey???????
- 2012-07-18 19:49 Jayne - Head Office
- Have emailed you...
- 2012-07-18 19:20 Lynda Carol
- Could you e-mail me please, probs with the phones
- 2012-07-18 18:24 Jayne - Head Office
- Fedup can you ring Jayne HQ on 0844 800 3220 we need to speak to you...the telephone number you registered is 1 digit too long...so we cannot call you....tx
- 2012-07-18 16:56 Lynda Carol
- have learnt that there has been no confirmed sightings of this girl since the 11th
- 2012-07-18 15:12 Reynard
- Is the area that she was sighted right at the top of Portland?
I guess the lighthouse folk have been notified and local Fisherman
Please Poster poster poster and still leave food in the area sighted .
- 2012-07-18 09:49 Lynda Carol
- owner in touch with dog warden no sightings of this girl for the last couple of days
- 2012-07-18 09:48 Fluffylegs
- Thanks.. what a shame but as with all dogs lost guess they dont stay in one place for long and if people are feeding hope that can keep her going. I wonder why its so difficult to communicate with DDR.
- 2012-07-18 08:36 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Good morning Fluffylegs & Fedup. There was no sign of Quaka when the dog warden visited the area yesterday so again we are waiting for further sightings. I am still waiting for calls from DDR/fosterers/owners to work out what can be done next.Last edited: 2012-07-18 08:37:51 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-07-18 00:02 Fluffylegs
- The phone numbers on Quakas details are the day and out of hours numbers for the weymouth dog warden
- 2012-07-17 23:59 Fluffylegs
- TO FED UP.
It wld be really helpful if someone cld take on the task tomorrow morning ie wednesday, of drawing together the current situation regarding Quaka and Quivva too and then give some pointers as to the next suggested actions required.
I'm pretty bossy myself, willing to give time froma distance, but I need to be clear about
1. what happened with the dog warden when he went to search for Quaka today Tuesday
2. Is he aware of the names and tel nos of who shld be contacted abt the dogs, if found or information available
3. what IS the situation please
4. What tasks are DDR carrying out?
5. What support and help wld they like from others?
6.What is the best contact point/number/person for DDR?
I do hope the news on these dogs will soon be good..
- 2012-07-17 19:29 Reynard
- OMG! I thought she had been found as she had gone from the top,,,why has she slipped down again ,,,there is a sighting so normaly they go to the top so as to alert everyone?
fedup ,,,you sound truly fedup,,what is going on does anyone want help or not,,or is the search under control and we are not wanted?
Last edited: 2012-07-17 19:46:54 by Reynard
- 2012-07-17 18:32 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have a dog from DDR myself and know what a brilliant job they do, not only rescuing the cute and cuddlies but also the sick, injured and elderly but they are not helping the people who are wanting to help these to girls. Communication between us all would be so much more productive. We need to be able to contact the owners. Last edited: 2012-07-17 18:47:53 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-07-17 16:48 Lynda Carol
- DDR do do good work and yes help is always wanted but it neeeds clarifying and co-ordinatingLast edited: 2012-07-17 20:31:43 by Lynda Carol
- 2012-07-17 15:56 Reynard
- Apparently - QUAKA injured. chris robertson dog warden off there now 11.45am to fishermans huts on portland, people have been feeding her.
chris mobile 07912363361 if any sightings ONLY please.
west dorset dog warden on hols but work transferred to weymouth
no further sitings of quivva that chris knows of :(
Thanks Chris & good luck! xxxLast edited: 2012-07-17 15:58:48 by Reynard
- 2012-07-17 15:05 Reynard
- Oh! that's Brilliant a sighting!
Yes great work Fluffylegs xxx
I am sure DDR are on the case but lets hope they will call you back poochpal and update us worried doglost helpers , fingers crossed this poor girl and Quivva 41042 will be found and perhaps reunited with each other,,,, maybe they will be less scared if they have each other?Last edited: 2012-07-17 15:26:47 by Reynard
- 2012-07-17 11:42 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thank you Fluffylegs for your call and all the help, latest update is that Quaka has been sighted again today and the dogwarden is on his way. I have tried to contact the rescue yet again but still no reply. Bumping due to today's sighting.
- 2012-07-16 17:45 Fluffylegs
- ACTION TODAY TO HELP FIND QWAKA
1. emailed coastguards at portland and Lifeboat station in weymouth, with poster attachment and dog warden details
2. Posted posters to coastguards at weymouth key and Lifeboat station and the 2 prisons on Portland, as have staff coming and going and maybe sniffer dogs
- 2012-07-15 22:19 Fluffylegs
- 1. WHAT COLOUR COLLAR AND HARNES????
2. PLEASE INFORM COASTGUARDS...SADLY we know that 2 lost dogs have been washed up on beaches in the last few weeks, lovely Kip in Northumberland and Dash in Cornwall
3. Alert any organisations with boats
4. put posters out as quickly as possible, who in the area can do this
5. Advise local police to advise she may run through traffic
5. Who is the person she most knows in person, by voice
6. HER details have been put on Its Spring Thing
7. ARE THERE ENOUGH PEOPLE IN THE AREA WHO KNOW ABOUT HER TO HELP?
- 2012-07-15 15:18 scootjockey
- ID 41025 was found wearing collar and lead on 7th in Berkshire reunited on 9th is this that dog anyone. Thanks Tays mum x
- 2012-07-15 14:41 Lynda Carol
- Only phone the dog warden numbers if you spot this dogLast edited: 2012-07-17 11:00:34 by Lynda Carol
- 2012-07-12 19:04 Lynda Carol
- I live in North Devon, and have been unable to get to Dorset today, floods/torch.
If you see this frightened little girl do not approach her, she is very nervous and will bolt, do not chase her. Only attempt to catch her if you are sure of success, preferably keep her in sight, and, if poss, phone Dorset Dog warden on 01305 838000 office hours or 01305 838333 out of hours thank you
Last edited: 2012-07-12 19:06:16 by Lynda Carol
- 2012-07-11 20:54 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Quaka has been on a stretch of beach Weymouth side of Portland this afternoon, she is terrified of all the people who have tried to catch her so, please,if you see her just phone the numbers on the poster.
- 2012-07-09 17:40 Andrea DDR
- Still no reported sightings of this girl. We believe she sgone to ground around the portland area please if you spot her ring us so we can quickly get there and hopefully get her safe
- 2012-07-09 14:42 Lynda Carol
- Seen running around olympic village
- 2012-07-08 18:10 bazil
- Do hope this nervous girl is found safe very soon x
- 2012-07-08 14:58 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in DT3,4,5.
- 2012-07-08 13:53 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Text sent requesting photo.