Reunited: Brown & Cream Tabby Cat Male
- Dog ID 41030
- Status Reunited
- Registered 07 Jul 2012
- Name HARRY
- Breed Cat
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Young Adult
- Colour Brown & Cream Tabby
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 29 Jun 2012
- Where Lost Walton, Liverpool
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area L4
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 04 Aug 2012
- Other Info 8 months old, NEUTERED and MICROCHIPPED. Please could you help in anyway to bring him home. CHECK ANY OUTBUILDINGS. Possible SIGHTINGS SUN 8.07.12 Orwell Road going onto Wykeham Street, then Newman Street entry at the side of the Orwell pub. He is a very special boy and loved dearly by his family
- Phone 1 07949 066209
- Phone 2 07809 722509
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Views 2521
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-08-06 09:26 Meru
- Brilliant news! Welcome home Harry - stay safe and close now sweetheart xx
- 2012-08-04 21:06 Sue Whitehead
- thanks everyone for all your lovely messages, i was never goina give up on him no matter how long it took. He is my special little boy (as all 3 dogs & 3 cats are ). I took him to the vets today to check his microchip. The vet confirmed it certainly is my Harry :) as to be honest I was not 100% convinced it was him because of how much he seemed to have grown!!! it is unbelievable, he went out on his adventure as a boy and came home a man!!! So he is now grounded for the forseeable future although I hsve said to the people who had him, that he could end up visiting as I know this is typical cat nature. Thank you all once again, all your kind words and support have kept me going over the last 5 dark long weeks xxxxxxxxxxxx
- 2012-08-04 12:54 janiejewel1649
- Fantastic news. I am thrilled for you. (I own two cats) You must be highly delighted to have Harry back with you. A few years ago a cat went missing from home and was found I think about six or more years later; he had been living in a local park (I kid you not) and after so long the owner almost forgot she ever owned a cat. He was happily reunited. (Perhaps someone who posts on here remember the case) It was I think in the Erdington area of the West Mids. I cant remember the park, but it made it in to the papers. Stay safe now Harry:-)xxx
- 2012-08-04 12:51 Tigermouse
- Brilliant news, so glad Harry is home, and well done Sue for not giving up.
I know full well what it's like when they go missing, one of mine disappeared a few years ago and turned up three weeks later ten miles away - how she got there I'll never know but I was so glad to have her back again.
Welcome home Harry, stay safe now after your big adventure xx
- 2012-08-04 12:42 Sarah W
- Wonderful News,Welcome Home Harry xx
- 2012-08-04 11:45 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Fantastic news. xx I'm so pleased for you Sue. Welcome home Harry xxx
- 2012-08-04 09:43 SanBarn
- Skippy, i agree, great news to start the day! I've been keeping an eye on this one. So glad he's home. Welcome home Harry. xx
- 2012-08-04 09:11 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Great news to start the day on! Well done Sue for not giving up. They really are little monkeys sometimes - I have heard this and other similar stories so many times. Usually the postersleaflets that bring them home. Well done for your persistence - it brought your boy home to you and stopped your worrying!.
Welcome home Harry! :))x
- 2012-08-04 08:35 Tobys Mum
- So pleased he is back home Sue, with a similar story to one I heard before. A friend of mine lost a young cat and then 4 years later (yes 4 years!!) she had a phone call from a lady a mile away to say that she had been feeding the cat for all that time but was going on holiday. To be fair the nice lady didn't realise that the cat hadn't been going home inbetween. My friend had not long rehomed a rescue cat and suddenly found that she had two. Just goes to show you should never give up and on this occasion........power to the tag. Welcome home to your Harry, stay safe now xxLast edited: 2012-08-04 08:36:17 by Tobys Mum
- 2012-08-04 08:27 AnnieSparky
- Fantastic news......welcome home Harry after your adventure! Well done Harrys mum :)xxLast edited: 2012-08-04 08:28:58 by AnnieSparky
- 2012-08-04 08:09 jobadger
- I'm so pleased you've found him safe. Well done for not giving up. Cats can be such little tykes at times - my Ddraig lived between two homes for a while before the other people moved away and he realised that he wasn't going to get spoilt rotten by the new people. Have a long and happy life Harry - so glad you're home. xx
- 2012-08-04 07:05 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Sounds like he's had a great time!! Holiday and everything!! So glad that all your hard work has paid off and that you've found him Sue XX
- 2012-08-03 23:59 Sue Whitehead
- Guess wot people????? Harry is HOME :))))) he has been livin for the last few wks in the SAME rd my Mum lives in ...... OMG can u believe that?? he has been well looked after and has come home lookin really healthy and MUCH bigger (mind u, he is still a kitten so is growing ALL the time) he has even been on his holidays to WALES for a week. As the people who have been lookin after him went away for a week so they took him to the man's sister's house in Owestry whilst they were away. I leafleted more houses in the area on Wed nite and got a call Thurs morn to say he had been gettin fed in a house round the corner. I have spent two agonises days trying to locate the people (but obv they where on Holiday) finally got the call tonite to say that Harry was safe and well. We went round and it WAS him finally. I have had several sightings over the last few wks. I have had my hopes dashed each time :( but this was the call i HAD been waiting for. Thank you everyone one for ALL YOUR HELP and support. I am absoulteley over the moon. Feel like ive won the LOTTERY :))))) xxxxxx
- 2012-08-03 19:21 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- This is a bit random as the animal wardens site don't normally post cat details, but:
03 Aug 2012
Location: Liverpool L28
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
Not much in the way of detail, but not far from your area I think?
- 2012-07-31 17:31 Sue Whitehead
- I am going back to the area this evening, it is not far from where we live and not far also from the sighting in the Walton park housing estate. So this cud definateley be the same cat for sure :) xxx
- 2012-07-31 17:28 Sue Whitehead
- Another possible siting last night of little Harry, in Walton Village,he went into the grounds of Alsop School at apporx 8pm. Been round there but no luck :( goin back in the morn an puttin leaflets through doors. The lady who saw him is convinced it is Harry, as she said he appeared lost and frightened and kept crying (which Harry does constantly) Thanks yet again Jan for all your wonderfull dedication and adding the pic of Harry and the sighting pic. Lookin at them together makes me convinced it is HIM. Plse look out for him if u live in the area. Thanks x
- 2012-07-29 11:23 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Fingers crossed Harry is safely back home with you soon xx
- 2012-07-27 22:02 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Sue, thanks for keeping us updated and great you are getting calls from the posters which work time and time again. You and your family are working so hard and hopefully it will pay off and you will get that most important call and we see him in the BLUE on DogLost.
Sue could you please send me the photo that you have of the sighted cat? When there are sightings it is so helpful if anyone who sees a cat in there area that they do not recognise take a photo to help you eliminate it if is clear to you it is not Harry.
Thank you to everyone who is taking the time to post on his page, your support is greatly appreciated. x
Bumped due to sightings.
- 2012-07-26 19:17 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Sue - that sounds really promising....everything crossed it's Harry and he's back with you soon. x
- 2012-07-26 10:39 AnnieSparky
- Fingers crossed Harry is home soon...this sounds promising :)x
- 2012-07-25 23:29 Sue Whitehead
- still no Harry but 3 possible sightings, a lady rang me yesterday after i posted a flyer through her door (over a week ago) she had a tabby on her wall, she is going to ring me if it comes again. At least I know people are keeping an eye out for him. Another call this morning from the vets who put a flyer up yesterday, a lady has been seeing a tabby boy on her wall for a few wks now, he comes and goes. The lady is going to bring him in next time and call me, she said he is very friendly (which Harry is) and the 3rd sighting, I have a pic of, and it does defo look like him. This stary has also been visiting this lady for at least 3 weeks now, she has 7 cats and she said all the strays visit her. She is going to call me next time he comes visiting. So fingers and toes crossed that one of these cats DOES turn out to be my baby boy and we can bring him home where he belongs. Thanks everyone for your support at this very stressful time xxx
- 2012-07-23 13:11 Sue Whitehead
- Thanks Jan for all your dedication xxx only had one call from the Echo ad, a lady who just wanted to give me advice, which was lovely but no Harry :((( I am NOT givin up thou. Put a flyer in the nearest vets (although it is not the one i use) and going to keep puttin ads in the Echo. Hopefully the local paper I have contacted are going to put his pic in so this may be the key (let's hope so) thanks everyone for all your support. Please join my group on FB 'Bring Harry Home' if you are able to thank you xxx https://www.facebook.com/groups/404343046280019/
- 2012-07-22 22:44 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- So sorry you've had no news yet...you must be worried sick. A friend of mine lost her cat just this week or so and happily got her back after a week...she wasn't all that far away, just outside her normal 'patch' and couldn't find her way home. A lady a few streets away responded to the leaflets through the door saying she had seen her and Nicki had her home in no time.
Hope you get the same with Harry soon.xLast edited: 2012-07-23 09:33:46 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-07-21 21:19 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
Harry now has a group page on facebook.
- 2012-07-21 21:18 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Sue, I went into the cattery this afternoon in Halewood RSPCA and had a look around for Harry. There is a longterm tabby in there, semi coated, in case anyone alerts you to him.
Great you have got an add in the Liverpool Echo, hop it brings some news. Good luck. xxx
- 2012-07-21 15:47 Sue Whitehead
- Goldenfrodo thank u so much for posting on ur FB page, can u add me as a friend, tried to look for ur page but can't find it. Thank you once again xxx
- 2012-07-21 15:38 Sue Whitehead
- Still no signs of my baby Harry :(( the last sighting has stil not been confirmed but the lady has my number for if this cat turns up again!! I have an ad in the Liverpool Echo tonite so hopefully some feed back from this (fingers crossed) I won't EVER give up on finding my boy as he is far too precious to us all. Thanks everyone for all ur support as the search continues xxx
- 2012-07-19 20:55 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see Harry is missing. Only recently a friend of mine "lost" her cat. A few days later he was found only a street away living "The life of Riley". Cats can be crafty sometimes. Paws and fingers xd for this handsome cat to be found soon. Good luck
- 2012-07-16 15:49 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Crossposted to my Cats Missing FB page. Hope Harry is safely home soon.
- 2012-07-16 00:07 scootjockey
- Good luck x
- 2012-07-16 00:04 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Great you've had some sightings Sue - poster power again! Hope this latest turns out to be your boy and you have him home soon.
- 2012-07-15 22:49 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Sue, for posting the update. Great to see the posters are working and you are getting reported sightings. Exactly whereabouts was the last sightings? Hope it is Harry and we see him back home with you soon. Well done for doing a great job spreading the word. x
- 2012-07-15 21:38 Sue Whitehead
- had an eventful wk-end, had a call after puttin flyers in more houses in the area. A lady had found a tabby near the park by were we live so we went to see him but unfortunately it wasn't Harry. We have had another possible sighting a lady has seen a stray tabby for about a week or so now trying to play with her 4 cats so still waiting on confirmation on this recent sighting. Put more flyers up in the area tonite and going to do more during the week. So the search continues for my baby boy xx
- 2012-07-13 15:01 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Sorry to hear you've still had no news Sue :( ....everything crossed he finds his way home soon, either through his own devices or his chip
- 2012-07-13 13:04 Sue Whitehead
- still no signs of my baby :( been leaving treats out of an evening and a dog bed in the hopes he finds his way home. going to put more flyers through doors this weekend as i am not giving up on him, love him too much xxx
- 2012-07-10 22:14 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- No problems terri9090, thought did not recognise where in Liverpool you were referring to. Thanks again for taking the time to look out for Harry. x
- 2012-07-10 19:01 terri9090
- hi sorry what a numpty i am mistook for a cat missing in ulverston cumbria sorry x
- 2012-07-10 14:39 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
terri9090, do you mean Devonshire Road where you live? Harry is missing in Liverpool and on checking your registered details on DogLost you do not live in Liverpool.
Sue, there is a cat charity shop on Wavertree Road next block to the KFC near the car dealers. Take a look at the above link and you will find other places to alert that Harry his missing, ideally pass a poster onto them. Some of the contact details are in the info/advice email. x
- 2012-07-10 12:36 Sue Whitehead
- Hi Terri9090, where abouts is that? thanks xx
- 2012-07-10 12:14 terri9090
- can you get a poster to the shop on devonshire road on the honeypot estate i dont have a printer,lots of children and cat owners here x
- 2012-07-09 21:09 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Sue, thanks for the text update. :)
Great you are getting Harry in the free paper, we get that one in South Liverpool and it has really good coverage especially now the Merseymart is not being delivered, but it is still going out weekly but in the Tuesday Liverpool Echo. In the Liverpool area we always struggle to get any media coverage so you have been so lucky. x
- 2012-07-09 12:54 Sue Whitehead
- i have been back last night and this morning to the area of the sighting but no sign of Harry. It has been raining so even if it was him he wouldn't come out in the rain. A neighbour who reckons Harry was meowing on his door step last Sunday night was in an old dog kennel in his back this morning. When the man went to see him he ran off. He knocked at my house and told mu daughter if he goes in there again he is going to 'trap' him in and come and get my daughter to see if it is him. So much help and support from everyone :) I have also managed to get a slot in a local free paper which is distrubted in my area once a month, they are putting his picture in too. I went on the theme of him being named after THE Harry Styles (which he is) and it seems to have worked. Thank you all once again for all your support xxx
- 2012-07-08 17:36 Sue Whitehead
- Thanks Skippy for all ur advice an thank u Jan once again for all the wonderful hard work u do I'm goina back soon to the area were he was possibly sighted, goina to sit quietly in my car and watch xxx
- 2012-07-08 17:33 jobadger
- Come on Harry boy - your family need you safely home. Thinking of you all - particularly the lad! xx
- 2012-07-08 17:11 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks skippy for posting advice.
I've not long got back from Halewood RSPCA and checked the cattery, have alerted some of the staff about Harry and I did post his details with photo on their fb website last night when sharing his details. x
- 2012-07-08 15:45 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Certainly don't give up Sue, cats can be little monkeys about coming home, especially at this time of year when there is plenty to chase and eat. People often don't even notice new cats around for at least a couple of weeks...it's great that he's chipped - if someone does find him and gets him scanned he will be back with you in no time.
I don't really know your area very well, so can't help with specifics, but obviously think about places he could have got shut in, keep badgering your neighbours to check sheds and garages. Are there any local allotments - usually lots of sheds there to get locked in (also good hunting ground for a young cat).
Keep an eye on window sills as you're walking past...the cat of a friend of mine got shut in a house for 10 days whilst it was being emptied after an old lady had died. One of their neighbours spotted her (after seeing a poster) sitting on the window sill, patiently waiting to be let out!
Cat chat website might give you a few more thoughts about places to contact and share his details - I know you've probably contacted most of these, but not sure which you've done. (http://www.catchat.org/adoption/mersey.html) They have an 'advice' page too, which may be worth a look (http://www.catchat.org/lost.html)
As with lost dogs, he will be most active dawn and dusk, so if you are out and about then, keep calling quietly and let him know you are about. Leaving well worn clothing or pyjamas (or perhaps a slightly smellie dog bed if he gets on well with your dogs) outside your back door to help spread the scent of home, has also been known to help them back too.
Sorry - rambling on now. Really hope he turns up soon for you.x
- 2012-07-08 14:58 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Sue, you are all doing a fab job. Very often people take dogs/cats in and do not realise someone is actually looking for them. The posters are the key to getting him back and you have been getting them out which is great and also contacting the right people. As said earlier today I will check in the cattery of Halewood RSPCA just in case he has been handed in. x
- 2012-07-08 14:27 Sue Whitehead
- Just come back from the area of the sighting, we think the Tabby that has been seen is a ferrel cat an not Harry :( as we saw a tabby runnin away I did chase after it but wasn't him. We have left our contact no with a lady who feeds all the strays and are goin to go back later just incase it WAS Harry that was seen. Thanks everyone, feel a bit disappointed but not givin up hope of finding him :) xxx
- 2012-07-08 13:26 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Have been in regular touch with owner and given advice on things to do. Family are staying in the area and other people they have spoken to have seen the cat. Young lad said he has seen it a few times and it goes into the derelict pub (The Orwell). There is also a derelict house that cats go into. Owner is sitting off in her car in case he appears, other family members are looking around. x
- 2012-07-08 11:26 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Sue, for posting an update. Good luck. x
- 2012-07-08 11:22 Sue Whitehead
- My hubby has just come back no more sightings of the cat, I'm going back round there with his fav sardines and ham, hoping and praying it is my baby but even if it isn't it is so comforting to know so many people care and are joining in the search to bring my special baby home. Thank you so much EVERYONE xxxx
- 2012-07-08 10:44 AnnieSparky
- Really hope this is Harry...fingers crossed xx
- 2012-07-08 10:29 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Last update from helper: Its gone down Newman Street entry at the side of the Orwell pub.......
Family have gone to the area to look for Harry, it is not too far from where they live and great the helper has seen the sighted cat again. Come on Harry let it be you we want to see you in the BLUE. x
- 2012-07-08 09:52 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thia msg has not long been posted on my fb page:
We've seen a cat this morning walking down Orwell Road and went onto Wykeham Street. It went behind the empty green shop into the garden area behind it. It looked exactly like this one, we're keeping an eye out for it......
Thank you to the helper for looking out for Harry and the alert. I've passed msg onto owner. X
- 2012-07-08 00:33 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Angus you are a star. :)x. Thought I was seeing things when I received the email alert. X
- 2012-07-08 00:20 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- alerts out to helper in postcodes L1,L2,L3,L4,L5,L6,L7,L8,L9,L10,L11,L12,L13,L14,L15,L16,L17,L18,
- 2012-07-07 23:43 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Shared Harry's details across facebook, thank you to everyone who is also sharing.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/362175273467/ DOGLOST NORTH WEST
https://www.facebook.com/rspca.liverpool Rspca Liverpool
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dogs-Trust-Merseyside/157460557624061 Dogs Trust Merseyside
https://www.facebook.com/lostfound.dogsliverpool Lost-Found Dogs-Liverpool
https://www.facebook.com/Liverpoolvets4pets Vets4Pets Liverpool
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alder-Veterinary-Hospital/132860703427503 Alder Veterinary Hospital
https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolDogRescue1990 Liverpool Dog Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/groups/111371689000895/ Ben's Dog Busters
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Animals-In-Need-Maxicare/296713837658?ref=ts Animals In Need
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Official-Freshfields-Animal-Rescue-Page/285048157613 Freshfields Animal Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/groups/127069480725163/ Bargain Bay (Kirkby)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/memoriesofkirkby/ Memories of Kirkby
https://www.facebook.com/ilovekirkby Kirkby Liverpool
https://www.facebook.com/KirkbyMarket Kirkby Market
https://www.facebook.com/groups/208507829188025/418705858168220/?notif_t=group_activity Pets needing homes
- 2012-07-07 22:44 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Owner has reported him missing to the right authorities and family have been putting leaflets through doors an flyers up in shops, going to go to Pet shops as well. They have the bin men to look out for him. x
- 2012-07-07 22:41 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Harry belongs to a DogLost helper who has just REUNITED a missing Cavalier AUCKLAND ID 41029.