Lost: Black Labrador Retriever Female In South East (HP14)
- Dog ID 40893
- Status Lost
- Registered 02 Jul 2012
- Name PIP AND MAGGIE STOLEN
- Breed Labrador Retriever
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Colour black
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 02 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Cadmore End, High Wycombe. Both dogs have been featured in the Sunday Telegraph & BBC Three Counties Radio.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area HP14
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 07867 692793
- Phone 2
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Trisa
- Views 8868
- Followers 8
- See more dogs Lost in HP14
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-11 00:06 rachelmorris
- Has this ad been checked out for these two girls or indeed any other missing girls?
- 2013-03-27 19:36 Lynne
- Could 50419 be the 'similar' dog?
- 2013-03-24 21:08 Lynne
- Long shot, out of area, but worth a look:
Has anyone checked dog no. 49760?
- 2013-03-18 20:42 Lynne
- Bit of a long shot but there's a failed gun dog for sale. Thinner but head shape and the way the dog is sitting looks like the picture on the left. They don't state the sex of the dog. Best check - http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/255231-black-labrador-craven-arms.html
- 2013-03-14 18:30 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Do either of these girls have any distinguishing marks? I was driving in to Watermead Village (Aylesbury) this afternoon and saw a man walking away from the village with 2 black labs on leads. Don't know if they were female but will keep a look out for them.
- 2013-03-14 09:48 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumping Pip and Maggies page as they are featured in the April edition of Dogs Today magazine, out now. Do hope it brings some news
- 2013-03-08 10:26 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Pip and Maggie are still missing. Trisa told me that she's had an interview for an article in Dogs Today Magazine, which should be out soon. They are going to send her a copy when it is published.
- 2013-03-08 09:07 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- requested update
- 2013-02-20 19:11 Trisa
- Pip & Maggie mentioned in article in Shooting times this week.
- 2013-02-18 11:31 Jojo
- 2013-01-29 09:54 Shereen
- Thank you rachelmorris and sallybee I have forwarded the ad on to Trisa.....the wording /spelling in the ad is terrible....looks very strange!...fingers crossed.
- 2013-01-28 23:04 sallybee
- There is a strong resemblance I agree Rachel. I do hope these lovely girls are found soon.
- 2013-01-28 22:49 rachelmorris
- dont know whether this ad is any use, but worth a check by you http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/107294213/undog-breed-nice-temp-good-to-train-for-work-or-play.html
- 2013-01-24 11:22 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- These two dogs also appeared on BBC Three Counties yesterday morning and very briefly on the BBC local network show in the evening.
- 2013-01-13 21:30 Shereen
- 2012-12-08 01:33 hazebella
- 2012-10-25 11:09 bashfulbailie
- Do not give up Trisa we were told by a vet that chips can move it all depends how long your girl has been chipped. Make sure that you go and see her as she would recognise you straightaway. Find out the rescue place now so that you can make arrangements to view her. Make sure it is soon as she may be rehomed when she comes to England very quickly.
- 2012-10-22 10:34 Trisa
- They have double checked and this dog is not chipped. She is coming to a rescue in England next week, so I might try to find out where and see if it is possible to view the dog at all when she is over here. I will see if they will try calling her name to see if she responds.
- 2012-10-21 10:07 Shereen
- 2012-10-17 12:33 Trisa
- Thanks for this Skippy. I have contacted them and they are going to re-scan the dog for me to double check if it is microchipped, both of mine were/are chipped, but it really does look like one of my girls, (difficult to be 100% sure just by one photo. I am waiting to hear back. They may just have missed the chip the first time of scanning.
It is so nice to know that people are still looking out for my girls. I am not giving up, they will turn up somewhere and I will get them back.
- 2012-10-11 19:46 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Beautiful black lab girl reported as found in Dublin today on the animal search site - believed to be have been stolen - there is a photo on the site if you want to take a look:
Found Dog (AFP133287)
Found on Thu 11th Oct 2012
Found dog in Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland
Sex: Bitch (Female)
No collar or flea collar
Neutered: Not sure
Thrown over a back wall
Very well trained lab so sweet must be stolen so want to find her owners
- 2012-09-17 19:03 Shereen
- Trisa have left a message on your answerphone please could you call me ...you can get my number from Jayne @ head office 0844 8003220....
- 2012-08-28 09:24 Trisa
- Have checked the Homeless hounds website thanks, but not one of my girls! Good to know that people still have my girls in their minds. I has also not found this website before, so another one for me to keep an eye on. My hope is that these places do scan every dog for microchip!
- 2012-08-27 09:40 jollyloluk
- black lab on homeless hounds website
- 2012-08-06 09:23 Trisa
- Spoke to person who sighted the Lab in Bledlow, as I didn't manage to see the dog myself I can't say for sure, but the description didn't sound like one of my girsl (too big!). The lady was very nice and said she would let me know if she spotted the dog again. lets hope he has been reunited with his owners by now. Thanks, for all the people looking out for us.
- 2012-08-04 16:02 Jayne - Head Office
- Sighting of a lost black labrador in Bedlow this morning...have passed on sighters number to owner to investigate.
- 2012-08-03 22:37 bashfulbailie
- Did you find anything out about the black lab on the A34. When my daughter's shorthair german pointer was missing he ran alongside the traffic on the M2 and disappeared into woods. With the help of the kind helpers via Doglost we found him after ten days. Your litle ones will come home I am sure.
- 2012-07-30 16:36 Shereen
- Trisa...im sure you get the dogwatch reports....Dogwatch No.811...Stray black lab seen running fast in a northerly direction alongside traffic between Chilton and didcot on the A34 today at around 1pm,wering a brown collar
- 2012-07-30 08:42 Trisa
- Thanks for the info regarding the 2 labradors found (Lincs). Nice to know people have our dogs in their minds. Unfortunately not my dogs, but at least these dogs have been re-united with their owners. We will keep looking.
- 2012-07-27 17:36 AnnieSparky
- Was searching on http://www.lincsfm.co.uk/features/lost-pets/
and someone posted following around the 17th July:
Found Dogs (Lincolnshire)
2 black labrador bitches, 1 has red collar on the other has a blue one on.Found in Stickney.Contact John on 01205 480557
- 2012-07-25 20:23 janiejewel1649
- Hope the microchip works its magic and reunites them with their family. Paws and fingers xd.
- 2012-07-25 10:14 Angelmort
- They could have done this because they have a reason for wanting you to stop looking. I know you never will so lets all hope the ad in the Countryman's mag brings some good news! x
- 2012-07-25 09:48 Trisa
- Thanks for the advert in countryman's weekly. Fingers crossed for news.
I had what I am hoping is just a hoax call last night. The caller left a voicemail to say he had seen a dog run over by Tesco the other day (didn't say which Tesco or whether the dog was killed or just injured) and because I had not answered the phone he became abusive in the message, swearing etc! He did leave a mobile number which I have called back and the person denied any knowledge of the incident or the voicemail message - assuming this is just kids. It does coincide with poster being pulled down and put in a bin locally where youngsters do tend to congregate. Makes me feel sick that they would find this funny, but that reflects the world we live in today!
- 2012-07-25 07:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news
- 2012-07-22 19:36 Trisa
- Great, thanks. I took a trip to Tadley Saturday and put some posters up in shops etc.
I spoke to a lady today who had seen 2 Black Labradors being walked on leads by a group of young adults this morning in Eastwood Woods, Stokenchurch. She had no reason to suspect anything at the time, other than she had not seen these dogs or people before! She then saw one of our posters so thought it was worth reporting. She will let me know immediately if she sees them again. She could not say for definate that they were even bitches, but it is worth everyone knowing, just in case. Anyone who walks in these woods, please keep an eye out for these, or if you know who they may be, just to elimate them would be good.
- 2012-07-21 19:44 Shereen
- Trisa....Looks perfect...have now started to share and we will keep sharing..to make everyone aware!...
heres the link to anyone who wants to share!
- 2012-07-19 10:52 Trisa
- I have made the girls a facebook page (title - 2 Stolen Labradors) I have not been onto facebook before, so hope i have done this correctly. Anything that helps get the word out there has to be a good thing!
- 2012-07-16 21:29 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-07-16 18:51 Shereen
- No Matter where you live ,if everyone who views this page could possibly print off a poster of these two girls and put one up in your vets or local shop/petshop etc would be fantastic if everyone could help in any way possible...and make these girls TO HOT TO HANDLE...we need to get these girls home!..Thank you!
Trisa...have you thought about making up a Facebook group/page for for 'Two Missing Labs Buckinghamshire' or something along those lines...we could make this go viral between us!..I left my number with Martin if you need to get in touch...also maybe a paper could run the story?...if you are advertising or get a story in the paper, if you let me know we can bump their page right to the top.
- 2012-07-10 16:01 Trisa
- Really appreciate all the help and comments. Tx
- 2012-07-10 13:22 Ellie
- As I thought, the white van b------ds ! These are the same 'people' that tried to snatch the dog fron Aston Rowant. The police should have the details on this van !! Let's hope that they move quickly !!
- 2012-07-10 10:47 BettyBoo
- Hi. Went down to the Livery and met the girl who found the dog but it wasn't one of them. This dog has been reunited with it's owner. Thanks anyway. We will keep looking!!!
I've just heard from a neighbour that a white transit van was seen driving down the track at the side of the house on the afternoon the dogs disappeared.
- 2012-07-10 10:16 bashfulbailie
- Hi, Husband brought posters home from work. Posters have been sent to Labrador Rescue who are more than happy to help. My friend whose husband is in a shooting club has sent faxes to friends who in turn have sent posters to their friends. All are involved with shooting. Around 100 posters have been sent out. Posters have also been sent to vets in the Kent area. Faye's message looks hopeful. Have you been to the Livery Yard as I do not think you will find a main telephone number. People usually only have their mobiles. Perhaps Faye could meet you there as she would recognise the lady she handed the Lab to.
- 2012-07-10 09:34 BettyBoo
- Hi Faye
She didn't happen to give you a phone number did she?
I've tried yell.com and searched on google but I can't find a telephone number
- 2012-07-09 19:18 Faye
- Hi, I was driving towards high wycombe from aylesbury yesterday when i passed a black lab wondering in the road, i stopped and i got out, she was a very friendly female, fairly slim with no collar, i knocked on a few doors and had no luck, she was very hot and so i did not want to put her in my car and take her any where. eventually a lady from a nearby livery yard appeared, i talked to her and she took her off my hands, she said she was going to put her in a stable and give her some water, i went back on my way home to offer the lady some help with locating the owner, she wasn't there and neither was the dog but i think she would have taken good care of her as she was very happy to help me out with her. I've left my number with the livery yard, it is called UPPER WARREN FARM on warrendene rd. hugheneden, it may be worth checking out. She was an amazingly well trained dog, i hope this helps
- 2012-07-09 14:35 Ellie
- Do we know if the obvious culprits have been checked out ?
- 2012-07-09 10:12 Jayne - Head Office
- 2012-07-09 09:43 BettyBoo
- Posters put up in Stokenchurch, Beacons Bottom, Christmas Common, Aston Rowant,Aston Rowant Nature Reserve and Thame. I will do Radnage, West Wycombe, Piddington and Watlington in the next couple of days.I have also given posters to people at work who live a fair distance away i.e Cowley, Fleet, Hoo and Slough and they have put these up for us. Hopefully, someone, somewhere will have seen something!
- 2012-07-05 17:59 Ellie
- Sounds like the usual suspects. White van b------s!!
- 2012-07-05 13:42 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in HP10,11,12,13,14,15. RG9. SL7. OX39,49.
- 2012-07-05 13:02 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Photos now sorted and will use the poster photo for an advert in the Countryman's Weekly asap.
There is also a reward for the safe return of these dogs.
- 2012-07-05 12:14 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Just emailing over some similar photos to owner to choose the nearest
- 2012-07-04 16:58 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Text sent requesting photo.
- 2012-07-04 09:44 Claire Weston Turville
- Hi Cadsden is near Princes Risboro/Monks Risboro (its where the PM "left" his daughter!) and Cadmore Stokenchurch is nearer High Wycombe.Last edited: 2012-07-04 09:44:47 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-07-03 08:22 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Thanks Ruth. I think it's probably Cadsden that I was thinking of anyway - not even sure if I've spelt that right :) Will pass the word around xLast edited: 2012-07-03 08:22:49 by Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- 2012-07-02 22:30 Ruth
- Barney'n'Ozzie's mum - no it's Cadmore End, near Stokenchurch.
This is the information I got from Dogwatch
'Two black Labrador bitches were stolen from locked kennels in Cadmore End, near Stokenchurch, today, 2 July, between 1:00 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. Both are microchipped. Police have been informed, crime reference number given.'
- 2012-07-02 22:05 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have shared on facebook x
- 2012-07-02 22:01 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Any idea of the circumstances - i.e. if a vehicle involved/registration number etc? Also, is this the Cadmore near Princes Risborough/Chequers?
- 2012-07-02 19:44
- Sorry to see that PIP AND MAGGIE STOLEN is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.