Lost: White And Brindle Terrier Staffordshire Bull Female In South East (SS3)
- Dog ID 40879
- Status Lost
- Registered 02 Jul 2012
- Name TINKS
- Breed Terrier Staffordshire Bull
- Gender Female
- Age Young Adult
- Colour white and brindle
- Marks & Scars Tinks is a long legged staffie.
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 01 Jul 2012
- Where Lost Barling,Essex.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area SS3
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Possible sightings in Chelmsford & Southend.
- Phone 1 01702 535718 / 01702 303058
- Phone 2 07736 858604 / 07794128859
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 11785
- See more dogs Lost in SS3
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-28 23:22 Tinksbaby
- still sadly no positive sightings yet. its 10 months now and had no leads at all. lots members sharing her poster still and bumping up to top off groups circulated again on twitter gumtree preloved freeadds. so still trying to make ppl aware shes still missing.
- 2013-04-11 22:40 Tinksbaby
- hi jackie here owners auntie. we have had no positives as yet. had a maybe last week outside job centre in southend about 2 30 3ish time a lady with 2 roughish looking men each had a sbt the lady had a white brindle but not sure of sex. this was sent via her fb page . still postering again and keeping her active on all sites . thank you everyone so far for messages
- 2013-04-06 21:56 willow1
- a message from tinksbaby as she cant get on right now here it is just checked on 1 in clacton not tinks and redoing postering and still lots follow ups. can u share her tinks page open group and say again patches brindle not black and the 1 in danbury called tinks girl given to family or friend may not be tinks but worth a shot
- 2013-03-20 13:17 Paula Griffin's Mum
- Shared on FB, we have family who live in Wakering, I'll keep my eye out for her & I will keep an eye out for a red estate type van too, hope Tinks is home soon, stay safe until then beautiful girl x
- 2013-03-18 20:32 Angel Tina
- we are going to poster and leaflet for tinks on Wednesday evening in the SS3 area before sorting out a day to talk to locals to refresh their memory of the time tinks went missing and to see if anyone remembers a neighbour or friend getting a new dog. fingers crossed we get some feedback
- 2013-03-16 17:35 Tinksbaby
- hi not much happening got lots posters reposted and tinks fb page is growing. had a pm yesterday a lady who lives in canewdon essex saw 2 guys mid 20s with a dog looking like tinks she tried to stroke it they walked off and put this dog in a car. not to clear on make but she said was a red estate type van maybe a ford. in gardners lane canewdon. which driving is about 20 minutes from where tinks went missing. again another long shot. going to go out that way wednesday eve. this was thur they were seen xx
- 2013-03-08 09:24 Angel Tina
- Bumping x
- 2013-02-21 22:36 Angel Tina
- shared all the info again jackie and with people who live near the site she went missing from. Southend were playing at home yesterday so the crowds and activity meant it wasnt ideal to spot a dog. will keep looking though
- 2013-02-20 22:53 Tinksbaby
- hi jackie here from tinks fb page im in westcliff not far from blue boar too lady messaged me from selling site earlier thought saw tinks outside sainsburys shaking and scared did not see who collected this dog as was left outside so many similars lots with black patches but her patches are very dark brindle and her left ear brindle is inside the ear long legged staffy too
- 2013-02-19 23:28 Angel Tina
- Should have added it was this evening
- 2013-02-19 23:27 Angel Tina
- Really odd but saw a lady with a staff looking v much like tinks near blue boar ss0. It was too dark to be sure or stop but it was right near me and im going to walk my dog round there during daylight tomorrow
- 2013-02-19 22:35 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- A woman seen today in Southchurch Ave, Southend with a dog similar to Tinks. Lady had long dark hair, was at bus stop.
- 2013-02-18 22:11 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- From Tink's owner: A couple of maybes first 1 in chelmsford. A man was walking a dog similar markings to Tinks wearing pink collar called it girl, by Admirals Park coming from direction of town.
- 2013-02-11 23:16 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- @Find_Tinkers on twitter so we are circulating.
- 2013-02-11 21:01 Tinksbaby
- hi im jackie frankees aunty whos running tinks fb page, i have checked last comment out and was not tinks. have had a few follow ups which we have done but sadly not tinks. lots ppl think her patches are black. but they are dark brindle. which has caused some confusion. we are still searching for tinks and repostering and sharing far wide. but still no positive sightings . thank you
- 2013-01-20 18:21 MollyCharlie
- Long shot but could Tinks be mistaken for being black and white?
Found Dog (AFP138764)
Sex: Bitch (Female)
Colours: Black and White
Collar: Red, Leather, Plain
No flea collar
Neutered: Not sure
Found on Sun 30th Dec 2012 (3 weeks)
Found dog in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, SG12
- 2013-01-07 13:17 hazebella
- this one is in rescue in wales, but as you know they could go any where worth a check please x http://www.ncar.org.uk/portfolio/sasha/
- 2012-12-06 18:12 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Doubt it is her as seems to be black on both ears, But best to eliminate just incase, Please check found dog ID 45992
IGNORE THAT JUST NOTICED TINKS IS SPAYED xLast edited: 2012-12-06 18:13:47 by Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- 2012-11-29 00:25 Boo
- Hi Tribalclaire , I have only seen him the once and it was not long before dusk fell, so around half 4 / 5ish / half 5. I have a lousy memory but it was kindof around that time xx
- 2012-11-28 22:38 tribalclaire
- boo do u know what time of day you see the man and dog looking like tinks about i dont work so dont mind heading down that way xx
- 2012-11-26 21:38 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, well done! Now, if we can keep a look out and maybe even find out where he lives, then we could discreetly check to see if this is Tinks. Need to tread carefully in case it isn't, but Tinks could have been sold on. Or, if anyone can get close enough to check on the markings (carry a photo of Tinks in your purse) then we can either eliminate or investigate further. Very well noted Boo. x
- 2012-11-25 23:30 Boo
- We live in Chelmsford and were excercising our dogs in the tennis courts at Melbourne Park last week. I saw a man walking a dog really similar to tinks. She was on a lead walking next to him along the path in melbourne park. He was quite tall, thin, brown hair, glasses and i think he was wearing one of the those oilskin type waterproof coats (proper outdoorsie type coat).
- 2012-11-25 09:46 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in CM1,2,3,4.
- 2012-11-24 20:43 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner has been contacted about a sighting of a dog very similar to Tinks in Broomfield, Chelmsford, near the hospital. Seen with a tall man, brown hair, wearing glasses, walking past Broomfield primary school. Please can we keep a look out. This is same half of Essex as Tinks went missing. Tinks owner has managed to help reunite a number of dogs whilst trying to find her baby, so please keep looking out for Tinks. xx
- 2012-10-30 18:31 Jayne - Head Office
- Willows mum has phoned to say please check re united page today of a SBT found in Herts.
- 2012-10-29 23:37 laurie
- Am constantly putting on my facebook page hoping she will be home very soon xx
- 2012-10-29 13:53 Laura
- fingers crossed this leads to a positive sighting of tinks and she can be reunited with her owners!
- 2012-10-29 13:01 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you, Sue. Owner has just advised the area closest to sighting is CB9, but please keep looking wherever you are. Thank you.
- 2012-10-29 07:56 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Alerts sent to CB10,CB21,CB8,CB9,CO9
- 2012-10-28 23:08 Lorraine - Area Co-ordinator Kent
- keeping my fingers tightly crossed x
- 2012-10-28 16:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Someone has contacted owner from Haverhill, Suffolk, saying they have seen a female dog very much like Tinks, up close, scared and thin, with an inebriated man. They are trying to check this out but we need more eyes out for this dog and man. Long shot, but you never know.
- 2012-10-27 17:53 Jayne - Head Office
- Have emailed owners to ensure...tx
- 2012-10-27 17:42 reggiemollieros
- Was this Found dog checked out? http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=43159 says Black and White but unchipped.
- 2012-10-09 21:11 willow1
- come on tinks where are u.come show ur nice face please..what i can do to help?
- 2012-09-29 13:25 SanBarn
- I've seen the dog that looked like Tinks in the Romford area and it is not Tinks. I will continue to keep an eye out when I am out and about. xx
- 2012-09-29 00:56 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks Willow1 and jollyloluk. Owners have requested the second poster be placed on site. Not sure that this is clear enough for the missing poster but itdoes give different views of Tinks body. Come on Tinks, where are you baby? x
- 2012-09-23 19:02 jollyloluk
- hi there is a dog that looks somewhat like on rochdale dog rescue
- 2012-09-14 07:56 willow1
- yes here is kimmmybear shoeburyness
- 2012-09-13 22:58 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Debs, there isn't a railway line anywhere near is there? I so hope not, but need to ask. I never had any response from owners, but at least we have you! I have. however, seen Tinks' page on FB. Well done. x
- 2012-09-01 10:17 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Thanks Kimmybear, although i've not logged on to write i have been checking on here regularly. The family have not stopped campaigning for Tinks, a back to basics walk of the fields from the point Tinks went missing took place last week, far easier to see now corn has been cut but not a sign of anything. The farmers were asked to keep an eye out as they cut the crops, even for the red harness she had on when she went missing. Leaflets have been distributed in Southend high street and the family have visited the homeless food station and spoke to several homeless people to keep an eye out.
- 2012-08-09 21:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- We also have a dog similar to Tinks in the Romford area, so this is being checked out too. Wanted to let you know that people are still looking for Tinks and they will check the photos for Tink's markings and compare to those seen. The photos show his markings really well. x
- 2012-08-08 23:37 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- We have received a comment that a dog similar to Tinks has been seen being walked by a lad around Dunton area whilst looking for Billy. This is not a confirmed sighting, just a possibility. We would need to match up Tinks patches with this dog to be sure. x
- 2012-08-08 21:02 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Have updated the details magicpoogle. If the possible sighting in Gunners Park needs to be removed just let us know.
- 2012-08-08 20:26 magicpoogle
- just looked at poster to print off some and it still says Tinks sighted and offered for sale - as this has proven not to be the case maybe the poster should be changed back to missing
- 2012-08-03 18:41 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well I never. Glad that one dog is back home, but where is Tinks? Yes, she could well have been picked up. In reality, she could be anywhere, but that fact that she is micro chipped means she has a better chance of being found if she manages to escape or is let go. However, it doesn't stop them from disappearing in the first place. I so hate it when owners are doing everything they can and still their beloved dog hasn't been found, just like Debs whose precious fur baby is out there somewhere. All we can do is carry on and never give up hope. Miracles do happen sometimes on this site. Let's hope for a couple here. Keep working at it, you never know which poster will be THE one. x
- 2012-08-01 00:22 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- The dog being offered for sale in Chalkwell park was a stolen dog but wasnt Tinks, it was reunited with it's owner. I went out with the family at the weekend and covered the Barling fields, fishing lake, and boat mooring site, we gave out several leaflets and it seemed quite a few people were already aware of Tinks through seeing posters of facebook group. The farmers have started cropping the fields now so it's easier to look about at least! local dog walkers are also walking around areas from shoebury to Leigh and beyond on a daily basis looking out for Tinks. Quite a few pubs, shops, vets, taxi's, bus shelters and phone boxes have had posters put up in various area. Family are feeling Tinks may have been picked up by someone who is laying low with her due to no definite sightings
- 2012-07-28 14:11 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Can we get posters out to all the pubs in all these areas? Dogs are often sold in pubs, someone may know something. Also, posters in cafes and pubs all along A127 route into Basildon, Wickford. Also do Leigh and all Southend.xxx
- 2012-07-28 14:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Oh drat! So, someone else could have him especially if that original sighting was him and with someone trying to sell a dog, I would say it is highly likely it was Tinks. Although, as we know anything can happen with our dogs, so maybe we just need posters further afield but definitely where he was originally sighted. Someone must know more. Thanks Debs. x
- 2012-07-27 18:30 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Tip off addresses were investigated and sadly revealed it wasnt Tinks :-(
- 2012-07-26 21:41 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-07-26 21:21 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Bumped due to on line Echo story.
- 2012-07-22 23:15 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks for posting Debs. Maybe they, or others, simply need to do a stake out at this address and watch throughout the day. Taking turns, incognito. x
- 2012-07-17 00:15 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Sorry I hadnt been on laptop for the past few days so only been using phone internet and couldnt remember my log in details! I had passed on details from postman to the owners and i believe they have been to the address a couple of times but no response. They have been continuing postering but are finding alot are being taken down. I have advised this could be due to Tinks being held in that area. There is a growing following on facebook and they have set a group up called Tinks the staffy. Glad Laura did the article in the echo, although it hasnt bought anyone forward with info on Tinks, it's raised awareness of her missing and those of the others missing in the area. Keeping paws crossed for a positive outcome soon
- 2012-07-16 21:43 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- No probs, Jayne. I knew it had been approved via you. :-) So wish Tinks was now home. We keep going..... He is somewhere.
- 2012-07-13 09:50 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Kimmybear for co ordinating with Laura to get the details in...she did call me but your local knowledge is better than mine...
- 2012-07-13 09:20 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Sorry Debs, I've been having problems with my phone so not sure where your voicemail went!! Damn, would have gladly spoken to Laura, she's been great in the past and done stories for me.
- 2012-07-12 23:00 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Remember if you have any problem, you can call police and us of course! Hoping for good news! Hope the postie is right. Very pleased with Laura. I sthe paper actually out Debs? What is in it; who is in it? Thank you. x
- 2012-07-12 21:36 Jayne - Head Office
- Worth a bump...
- 2012-07-12 21:26 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Yes it was Laura, lovely lady, probably more compassionate than most journalists due to the fact she too had her dog go missing for a while. There has been another possible sighting of Tinks last night at St Marys Church / Edith road / Victoria Avenue. I spoke to taxi drivers and gave them posters and also postered the lampost. Spoke to the postman who believed he may have seen Tinks at an address local to the sighting, this is being followed up by the owners. Paws crossed!
- 2012-07-11 21:00 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Just re read it. Yes, Echo have been speaking to me about this and I put Tinks' name forward with some others. That is all okay Debs. So glad they went with it. Well done. x
- 2012-07-11 20:58 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Bumped! So glad he is in there! Was it by Laura? She's getting a few dogs sorted, I think. Excellent news! Come on Tinks! Home girl! x
- 2012-07-11 13:11 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Can we bump Tinks due to have a newspaper appeal in the Evening Echo today. I had rang Jo and left a voicemail to contact me as the Echo wanted to do a big story on the fact so many dogs missing from ss postcode but i didnt get a response from her :-/ paws crossed some info will come to light in due of the article. Posters are still being put up. Wish this rain would get lost so i can get on my bike and look around the fields! the corn is growing rapidly higher every day making it even more difficult to look about!.....Lizzy thanks for that link to Gumtree i have passed it on and Creativeworshiper that preloved ad is 21 days old, Tinks went missing 11 days ago but thanks for looking and thinking of Tinks x
- 2012-07-11 01:44 creativeworshiper
worth a check...x
Last edited: 2012-07-11 01:45:13 by creativeworshiper
- 2012-07-08 18:37 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- 2012-07-07 22:13 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- This is good news, we need to keep those posers going up. If someone still has her, they may try for a reward instead. x
- 2012-07-07 15:38 Spangles
- Have reported both these sightings on FB and asked everyone living in that direction to spread the word...lets get you home Tinks x
- 2012-07-07 12:59 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- There have been 2 reports of a dog with a description of Tinks being seen, first one was at Chalkwell park with a lad about 17 years old dark skin asking people if they wanted to buy the staff for £250, the people he asked didnt see the missing posters until after he had left, people have since been around the area to see if this lad re appears but at the moment no more sightings. The second sighting was in Gunners Park Shoebury of a staff running around on it's own late last night, again on further investigation nothing has come to light. The family are continuing to poster and today i went to Garons Park where there is the Robin Hood Dog event on and have handed out hundreds of leaflets for both Tinks and my boy Ozzy. Tink's also went missing with her red harness still attached as wel as her diamontee collar
- 2012-07-05 22:15 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- That is brilliant Debs. So hope that Tinks has simply strayed and that he keeps safe. Keep the posters going up. You are doing fab! x
- 2012-07-04 10:36 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Went out last night with the owners postering all around from off sutton road to all of Barling.I also postered at the school. The owners also have horses so the farms and stables have been highlighted. Walked through the fields and my god i never realised just how many fields there are in Barling!this morning i gave posters to the bin men to take back to depot and deposit to other drivers. I also advised owners on scenting, postering further a field ie to shoeburyness and rochford (i'll cover parts of Rochford today. Tinks has disappeared before on a walk at Gusted hall and ended up approx 2 hrs later in Rayleigh! now thats about 3-5 miles! so we know this dog can travel!
- 2012-07-03 21:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks Debs. What I'll do is put "yes" to the reward. This means you have room to negotiate should anyone try to claim this, or, if anyone dodgy comes along. Read the email I sent as this will tell you how to deal with this sort of thing. Genuine people rarely claim a reward. As this is the SS postcode, suggest you poster as much as you can at truck stops, cafes, shopping malls, supermarkets, boxing clubs, schools can have little flyers for the kids. Our mission is to make Tinks extremely famous! Speak to the police, they may not issue a crime number as no proof of theft, but they need to know because a number of females have been taken around this area according to the dog warden. So they need to record this, maybe an incident number. If they should investigate any others that we know are thefts, then they could happen to see Tinks, so need to be aware. I am not saying Tinks has been stolen, but it is always a possibility so we need to cover all our bases. If you and/or owners have done everything in the emails, then that should rule out some things, so what are we left with? Need to work on those. Also try the scenting, as per emails - do this further out in the fields in case she's out there and she can follow this scent back towards home. She must know the immediate locality, so you'd need to do it a mile or so away to lead her back in. The best thing is POSTER!!!!
- 2012-07-03 17:31 reggiemollieros
- Have tweeted with the hashtag TOWIE as well in the hope of getting more people looking at the tweet.
- 2012-07-03 14:44 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- A reward has been offered by one of my friends for the safe return of Tinks
- 2012-07-03 11:56 Vittoria
- Have posted on my FB profile some of my friends are in the SS3 & SS4 area, hope she is found soon x
- 2012-07-02 23:36 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-07-02 22:26 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Many thanks Debs. Take a look at Poppy's page from CM now in the blue - Lakeland Terrier. Worth a try! Also everything else in the email I sent will need to be done, if not already. Thank you again. Let's find this baby! x
- 2012-07-02 21:52 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- She went missing from the back garden which backs onto fields. The owner has left me a few contact numbers incase she cant be contacted by those above. No sightings so far :-( im carless until tomorrow sods law! but will poster and scout about once car back. I have shared on facebook and also advised peeps to print off posters and leaflets from here
- 2012-07-02 21:21 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Debs, do you know how she went missing? I have contacted owner but no reply yet? Too many gone missing in this area recently, so it will help to know how she disappeared. Thank you. x
- 2012-07-02 19:42 Jayne - Head Office
- 2012-07-02 19:29 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Tinks is a bitch not a dog, can admin change please
- 2012-07-02 18:11 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Emailed and texted owner. x
- 2012-07-02 17:38 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in SS0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
- 2012-07-02 17:31
- Sorry to see that TINKS is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.