Lost: Black And Liver/brown Cocker Spaniel Unknown In North West (L29)
- Dog ID 40806
- Status Lost
- Registered 29 Jun 2012
- Name 3 COCKER SPANIELS
- Breed Cocker Spaniel
- Gender Unknown
- Age Adult
- Colour black and liver/brown
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 29 Jun 2012
- Where Lost The punch Bowl, Lunt,Merseyside
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area L29
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Stolen 2 labradors (since reunited) and 7 cocker spaniels (4 since reunited) 3 COCKER SPANIELS ARE STILL MISSING. 1 x male- liver/brown, 1 x female - liver/brown and 1 x female - black, all 3 years old and ALL MICROCHIPPED. If found they MUST be reported to the council dog warden WHICH IS THE LAW.
- Phone 1 07501 5910953
- Phone 2
- Reward? yes
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 3950
- See more dogs Lost in L29
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-12-30 19:34 Scruffpot
- Black cocker bitch found Essex last Friday. Thin and matted coat, full tail. See 46743
- 2012-08-20 17:22 RCPersse
- 2012-08-19 10:10 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Found Dog
18 Aug 2012
Location: Sale M33
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-07-10 19:05 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- .Last edited: 2012-07-10 23:13:41 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-07-03 21:25 bazil
- Keep checking here for any news x
- 2012-07-03 16:52 Fiona
- Have a look at id40886 found cocker right colouring, but maybe a bit far away, worth a look anyway.
- 2012-07-01 23:42 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thanks for checking scootjockey :)
Not heard from Jane today and unfortunately still not received photos of the 3 still missing. I will try and catch up with her tomorrow to check if there has been any developments.
- 2012-07-01 16:37 scootjockey
- Sorry they are not cockers.
- 2012-07-01 16:35 scootjockey
- Theres a couple of sighted young dogs in the found column theres a photo and not too far away in Billinge which is Wigan. Good luck stolen Tays mum x
- 2012-06-30 21:41 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Spoke to Jane earlier, who is helping the owners in their search. Last night the stolen vehicle was found in the Fazakerley area with 3 of the cocker spaniels still inside.
There are still 3 cocker spaniels missing and it is now believed that these dogs could have been sold before the vehicle was dumped, possibly in the Croxteth area.
The police are still very much involved and I have advised the family to poster the entire area, get everybody looking for these dogs, make them TOO HOT TO HANDLE - a REWARD has also been offered for information leading to their safe return.
Photos to follow asap.Last edited: 2012-06-30 21:42:29 by Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- 2012-06-30 14:27 Jayne - Head Office
- Spoken to lady who sihted the dog...it was a liver and white spaniel...on its own..wearing a brown webbed collar...lady unsure what type of Spaniel...this was on the Paramount estate, Huyton.
- 2012-06-30 13:25 AnnieSparky
- Have tried to email details to Dogs trust centre which is in Whiston Lane,Huyton. Not sure how quick they will get it. I cant use phone right now but if anyone thinks it could help their tel no 0151 480 0660
- 2012-06-30 13:18 Jayne - Head Office
- May be related or not but a scant report of a spaniel running around in L36 5TZ Huyton, Cherry trees...
- 2012-06-30 12:07 Jayne - Head Office
- Owners friend is trying to get info for us and will update page when received...its 3 COCKER spaniels still missing...
- 2012-06-30 10:14 AnnieSparky
- Good to hear 5 spaniels found....hoping other 3 follow soon. Have emailed Animals in Need in Melling and Liverpool Dog Rescue with details.
Agree with you J MO they may have gone from Lunt to Thornton, Litherland to Bootle so would avoid switch island.
- 2012-06-30 09:59 J MO
- Brilliant news. I work in Bootle so do we know where the 5 where found and I can go over there. If the thieves have headed to Bootle then they have not gone to the M57 or the M58 as they would have gone through Switch Island and not Bootle. There is a VOSA site on Switch Island and there is usually a police presence there. This site backs onto agricultural land up to Lunt and beyond to Formby.
- 2012-06-30 09:56 Jayne - Head Office
- Would appear that Bootle is where the car ferry departs to Ireland...
- 2012-06-30 09:52 Jayne - Head Office
- A total of 5 Spaniels now recovered...3 still missing...we believe in the same area but are trying to confirm area and colours of those remaining...luckily for owner all were microchipped so hopefully good news soon...
- 2012-06-30 09:50 bazil
- Thanks for the info Jayne x Hope these dogs keep safe if they have been dumped xLast edited: 2012-06-30 09:50:47 by bazil
- 2012-06-30 09:45 Jayne - Head Office
- Usually in the past we have found that vehicle theives and dog thieves are different...if the vehicle has been stolen they usually dump the dogs at the point they change the number plates of the stolen vehicle which is before they join a major motorway or A road...this is usually within 20 minutes of vehicle being stolen.
- 2012-06-30 09:43 AnnieSparky
- Terrible to hear this......will keep a lookout and inform as many people/rescues as I can.
- 2012-06-30 09:30 bazil
- Shocked to read so many dogs inside a vehicle and stolen. Hope they are all found safe soon.....just a thought and don't know all the circumstances but is it possible that only a few have escaped when the vehicle doors where opened and the thieves couldn't control all of them, I would think if they had been dumped the dogs would stay together as a pack???
- 2012-06-30 07:23 Jane
- Went for a drive round Bootle this morning but just too big an area. Would be helpful if there were more details of where the labs and one spaniel were picked up. I did think that if they had found themselves anywhere near the canal they may have followed that in either direction. I shall walk my dog later in Rimrose Valley country Park as the canal runs by there.
- 2012-06-30 00:43 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thank you so much J MO :)
I have also had confirmation that the 2 labradors have indeed been reunited, found in Bootle.
Further to my previous message re breed of the dogs still missing. This dog is also showing as 'reunited' on the Animal Warden website, similar time as the labs were found, same area. Could be one of these dogs and maybe owners friend got it wrong with it being a springer that had been found and they are infact all cockers, will find out more tomorrow.
29 Jun 2012 Cocker Spaniel
Location: Bootle L30
Our Ref: 271427
- 2012-06-29 23:34 J MO
- Glad one has been found. Will go to Freshfields 2moro as they are near Lunt and will ask them to keep an eye out in case any dogs were dumped near there. Can anyone check Halewood RSPCA? Unfortunately Sefton don't have an out of hours Dog Warden service
- 2012-06-29 22:25 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Not all cocker spaniels, just had a message to say that one of the 'springers' has been found and the 2 labradors are thought to be around the Bootle area.
Sent a message for further info on breeds and the possible sightings but no reply so far. Sent my email address so they can send me further details and photos.
- 2012-06-29 22:04 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- A little more information received - the vehicle stolen at approx. 4pm was a black Range Rover Sport, FY11 plate. I only had a couple of minutes to speak to the owners friend as already they were receiving phonecalls with information. I've asked for further details of the individual dogs so we can get the info out there.
- 2012-06-29 20:13
- Sorry to see that 3 COCKER SPANIELS is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.