Reunited: Grizzle/tan, Dark Ring Around Tail Terrier Border Female
- Dog ID 40728
- Status Reunited
- Registered 26 Jun 2012
- Name PIXIE
- Breed Terrier Border
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Adult
- Colour Grizzle/tan, dark ring around tail
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 26 Jun 2012
- Where Lost Windlesham,Surrey.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area GU20
- Date Found
- Where Found Bought by a man at a fair 5 wks ago. He saw a sign and contacted us this afternoon. Safe and sound, but rather porky!
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 16 Aug 2012
- Other Info
- Phone 1 07778 836784
- Phone 2
- Reward? 500
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 8443
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-08-19 21:29 Saza
Just wondering.... would it be worth postering around this 'horse fair' as it seems that may be a possible focal point for the 'finders' of these dogs? Maybe for Bonnie?
Will text you Sue. Just popped back on to see if there was a reunited picture.
- 2012-08-19 14:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I am over the moon that Pixie has been reunited. And, yes, most of us know which individuals take beloved dogs. You really need your wits about you wherever you are, sadly. And yes, what truly genuine person would take a reward? But we do know that often a reward leads to unscrupulous persons returning or finding out where a dog is, so this is always recommended, just in case. Team Pixie, YOU DID IT! Absolutely well done! Welcome home sweet Pixie baby. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 2012-08-19 08:33 ROB
- Saza, I've lost your number, can you pls call or text me? Sue
- 2012-08-18 22:06 ROB
- Hi Suzanne, I've tweeted about Bonnie and also Chihauhau/JRT Polly (from Sunningdale) today, and so far Bonnie's tweet has been retweeted to over 800 people. If you could send a photo of Bonnie, maybe Pearly can put it direct on Pixe's website (same for Polly), so people see it automatically rather than having to opt to follow link. You never know, but seems a good idea to capitalise on spike in Pixie interest.
- 2012-08-18 20:17 SanBarn
- Mmm...not well done to the man who had pixie then. True dog lovers don't take rewards,might take a bit towards food but nothing else. What sort of people go to horse fairs, apart from "do as you likeys". Sounds like a bit of a set up to me. Main thing is Pixie is safe and home xx
- 2012-08-18 20:14 Pearly Jones
- Suzanne, rest assured we are still looking for Bonnie too. And the other local furries who have disappeared. She really hasn't been forgotten, but maybe with Jamie and Pixie reappearing, whoever has Bonnie will reconsider their actions too. Such a shame there are some real *******'s out there who think it is ok to take what equates to (dog ) people's children/ family members, in return for cash, but sadly, it appears that this is the world we live in today. We can only hope they get their just deserts. But please do not give up hope, you have the Dog Lost army and Team Pixie still looking for her. x
- 2012-08-18 16:41 PaulaK
- wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooo - refreshed the reunited page in case I was dreaming. So pleased Im not. Hope all is going well back home and the search for the others goes on x
- 2012-08-18 13:15 SueD
- Wonderful to see that she's home but doesn't this amount to handling stolen goods?
- 2012-08-18 11:59 Gina
- Pardon my french , but B*****DS !!!! That type took Jamie too, luckily for us ,I think he got out and was picked up by a human being, as Bobsmum says "what goes around, comes around" and they will get their come uppance one way or another ! xx
SUZANNE, so sorry to hear that your Bonnie has been missing a whole year, I feel for you, but never give up ! I have heard stories of dogs comimg home after a good few years, good luck, Gina and Jamie xx
- 2012-08-18 10:24 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Morning Rob & Sue
Im so pleased that you have woken up with your lovely Pixie home & hope you enjoy your time with your family over. Just to say I agree that the reward worked in getting Pixie back but like most on here i would not & could not accept the reward money! I think we know what sort of persons do this it makes my blood boil easy money not caring about the hurt upset distress this causes to families. Why not try earning the money like the rest of us all I can say is what goes around comes back around karma! Last edited: 2012-08-18 10:25:49 by Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- 2012-08-18 08:03 suzanne
- Great news!! All the hard work paid off but it makes you wonder just how many have gone missing in Windlesham as some owners would not go to the effort of you or myself to find our loved pets!! It will be a year in Sept that Bonnie was taken so I will be repostering around the site she vanished!! Maybe it will jog some memories and the reward could be an incentive!! Although this is not the way it should be done, it seems the only way!! And if it gets results so be it! Give Pixie a hug from me X
- 2012-08-17 22:21 Angelmort
- Reward, as expected. But as you say Rob, it's because of the reward you got her back, so that's the important thing. Hope she's settled back in ok.
- 2012-08-17 22:04 janiejewel1649
- ROB You are correct, it is sad that some individuals are quite happy to take the reward, and have no compassion for the missing pets pr their owners, only the financial gain. I like the people on this wondeful site would never take a reward. I think the best reward for the finder is seeing the smile on the owners face and the wagging of the dog`s tail as he or she is reunited with it`s owner. Shame on you, whoever you are.
- 2012-08-17 21:19 ROB
- Yes, sadly the return was motivated by the reward. I encountered so many lovely people during the search who said (and I believeed 90%) of them that they would not even take the reward, they just wanted to find her. However she got to wherever she was, she is home because of the reward. And she left home with a collar and tag, and is microchipped, so could easily have been returned home as soon as somebody picked her up. Have definitely met way more good lovely people than bad through this experience, but we were very unfortunate that Pixie crossed paths with some person or people with no scruples, morals or compassion. They have put our family through a terrible time, when were already grieving for my mother-in-law. And if they happen to read this they should be ashamed.
PS I have not forgotten about Bonnie or Polly, or Archie. I wish there was soemthing we could do to get them all home.
- 2012-08-17 21:03 janiejewel1649
- Yes of course we will pray for the safe return of Bonnie; will light candles too for Bonnie and her family.
- 2012-08-17 21:01 Angelmort
- Did the man that returned Pixie claim the reward money?
- 2012-08-17 19:36 jane
- I am made up for you that Pixie has been found safe and well. It gives hope for all those other poor animals missing from home. My friend's dog Bonnie (ID 32839) also went missing from the GU20 area last year and has yet to be found. Please pray everyone that Bonnie is in the blue soon, as are all those other fur babies lost out there. Hugs and kisses to Pixie xxx
- 2012-08-17 18:20 Trish at K9 Dreams
- Today, with great joy, I took the poster of Pixie out of my car & wrote a big, fat, FOUND in red felt pen across it.....wonderful news, stay safe Pixie....we are having a big G&T & sending our best wishes to you all xxxxx
- 2012-08-17 15:51 SanBarn
- Yay!!! another fur baby home! Never give up hope. Well done to the man that bought her and "did the right thing". A big welcome home porkie Pixie :-) xx
- 2012-08-17 15:01 janiejewel1649
- ELISE. Yes Pixie was microchipped according to the top of this page. Paws and fingers xd that we will soon be seeing you on the reunited page too.
- 2012-08-17 11:48 bazil
- Excellent news. So pleased Pixie is home safe. Well done everyone and great that the man who bought her has returned Pixie to her owners. Welcome home sweetheart xx
- 2012-08-17 11:41 Angelmort
- Thanks Pearley Jones. 'Horse Fair' says it all really, doesn't it. THE Langley Horse fair (which is in Slough Road, London, just to confuse things!) is 24th June as you say but there is a weekly Horse fair in Market Road, Langley, Slough every Weds and some weekends in June, Oct & Dec according to http://www.sloughobserver.co.uk article dated 3rd April 2012. Those who don't know the area, Slough is around 30mins from where Pixie went missing. Last edited: 2012-08-17 11:42:54 by Angelmort
- 2012-08-17 10:50 Pearly Jones
- Elise, don't give up hope. Pixie, and recently Jamie, are just two good examples of dogs who do return home, by some means or other. Keep postering, keep telling everyone you meet, and keep looking. Make sure you make the most of the help offered by these lovely folk on DogLost, and you stand a good chance of getting your baby home too. Everything crossed for you. x
- 2012-08-17 10:37 Elise
- sue.so happy u got pixie back! i dont have facebook so am trying to piece together ur reunited story.give pixie cuddle from me too. sadly day 47 for us and ordeal continues! wont give up til got my precious baby home. was pixie microchipped?x
- 2012-08-17 10:17 Pearly Jones
- He says he bought her from someone at the Langley Horse Fair which is held on the outskirts of London. Oddly though, the June fair was held on the 24th, two days before Pixie actually went missing. Make of that, what you will....
- 2012-08-17 09:54 Angelmort
- ditto OMG!!!!!!!!!! So happy to be able to take the poster out of my car now. I was looking at it and Jensens poster yesterday and thinking is it time take it out - yes! What area did he see a poster? I'm sure we would all like to know what fair he was able to buy a dog from, so that fair can be checked for future 'losts'. We've had a lot of dogs go missing from this area so if we know where the fair is it may help to bring some others home. So happy for you all! x Last edited: 2012-08-17 09:55:23 by Angelmort
- 2012-08-17 09:21 ROB
- Promise to upload photos ASAP, but hugely busy today with phonecalls, cuddles, and preparing for my brother, sister-in-law and nephew to come and stay.
Can't thank you all enough
- 2012-08-17 09:15 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- OMG just got a call from Gina I can't believe that Pixie's home what fantastic news I'm so so pleased for you Rob & Sue you have your little girl back. Stay safe now lovely Pixie xx
- 2012-08-17 08:53 Trish at K9 Dreams
- Wonderful news, welcome home Pixie...lots of tears (of joy) & tail; wagging here !!!
- 2012-08-17 08:37 Jayne - Head Office
- Great news....well done owners for never giving up.
- 2012-08-17 08:28 Gina
- Oh wow! I knew this would happen, so pleased for you,
Well done to all concerned, I know how you are feeling
Sue and rob - gobsmacked !!!!!
Lots of love to you and pixie , YEA ! X
- 2012-08-17 08:03 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- OMG I can't believe that I'm seeing Pixie in the blue!!!
How absolutely wonderful!! Thanks and well done to everyone who has helped XX
- 2012-08-17 07:55 June
- Wonderful, wonderful news. I am so pleased for you all, you never gave up thank goodness. June
- 2012-08-17 07:39 Saza
- Hurray!!!!! So pleased to see the little porky Pixie is home. Sue you and the family must be so thrilled. Give her a little hug from me. Sxx
- 2012-08-17 07:06 janiejewel1649
- I am speechless too. I am thrilled for you, and Pixie. Sending loads of hugs to you all, and of course huge (HUGS) for Pixie. Sure she will lose her excess weight with the correct diet and exercise. But folr now give her lots of cuddles. Can we have a reunited photo if possible? :-) :-) :-) :-) Stay safe now Pixie.
- 2012-08-16 22:40 Max67
- Speechless, so happy for you all !!I cannot actually believe it. Sue you deserve this so much, I refused to give up hope, now we can do walkies and I cannot wait !! Huge hugs to you all but especially Pixie, bless her though I am sure from what Ive heard about her she won't be affected by her ordeal at all,(apart from the weight, I so know how that feels though mine was a holiday) and will bounce back in usual Pixie style in no time at all xxxLast edited: 2012-08-16 22:42:34 by Max67
- 2012-08-16 22:38 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Brilliant news - well done to the honest man that bought her and of course well done to owners and helpers for their postering and continued efforts to find this lovely girl!! - welcome home Pixie!! :)xLast edited: 2012-08-16 22:46:58 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-08-16 22:29 Pearly Jones
- It really goes to show the power of Dog Lost and it's wonderful volunteers from all over the country does work, as does the amazing determination on the part of Sue the owner and the her family for not giving up on Pixie. And the compassion of the general public, most of whom, are honest, lovely folk who are desperate to help.
And finally, well done, to Pixie, for finally coming home and giving all of us, who have been worrying about a small furry girl we have never actually met but who has found a place in our hearts nonetheless... a good night's sleep tonight, safe in the knowledge she is HOME! The posters are coming down tomorrow!! Well done all you amazing people on DogLost, wherever you are! Dog people are the BEST!!
- 2012-08-16 22:20 millypod
- Brilliant news so pleased to see Pixie is home, well done to everyone involved. Pleased that the man that bought Pixie did the right thing by calling owners.Wellcome home Pixie.xx
- 2012-08-16 22:02 mathers22
- Wonderful well done everybody you all worked so hard to find her and it paid off xx
- 2012-08-16 21:58 AnnieSparky
- Fantastic news Pixie is home....big big smile :)) xx
- 2012-08-16 21:37 twoDs
- Just seen the news on her FaceBook page,absolutely delighted.Welcome home Pixie. https://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=Ac_3egN67FlRRJJI#!/pixie.lilley.1
- 2012-08-16 21:21 ROB
- PIXIE iS HOME!!!!!
- 2012-08-16 01:20 Elise
- hi.san encouraged me to read jamies story to give me some strength.in doing so i heard bout pixie. am sending u heart felt hugs as am in ur shoes.please see billys page ss15..im praying both our bt are home safe and soon! best wishes
- 2012-08-13 22:20 Max67
- Im home tomorrow & desperately wanted to hear that Pixie had been found while I was away ! So sad for Liley Family but there's still hope I really believe that we will find her ! Anything more I can do I will until I hear otherwise ! Coffee this week Sue ? Lots of love Maxine xxx
- 2012-08-09 21:47 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I just wanted to let you know that dogs do very often turn up out the blue, so never lose hope. Last week two BT's turned up in Essex having been used for breeding by certain individuals, but they did turn up! they are now safe. They were not chipped, sadly, but Pixie is. Come on Pixie, where are you sweetheart? x
- 2012-08-07 19:22 ROB
- Sorry missed your call Bobsmum, bit poorly today, but I have lots of posters left (A4) and laminated A5 size which are good for lampposts.
- 2012-08-07 15:45 ROB
- Sadly for us the Woking dog found that PJ mentioned was not Pixie, but she has been reunited with her owner. The Dagenham dog is not Pixie (there is a photo up now).
- 2012-08-06 23:39 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi Sue
Sorry it's late but just to let you know I will gladly help out with postering, I will try & find out where in Guildford if it's ok I will call you tomorrow x
- 2012-08-06 15:32 Pearly Jones
- I have seen that Sue is chasing up a report of one found dog in Woking. Not sure if this is the same one, but this one fits Pixie's description. Posted yesterday in Dagenham. http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=41873
- 2012-08-06 08:58 ROB
- Thanks Bobsmum and Gina. I'll gladly head over to Guildford and poster, just need a hint as to where. Maybe we could tackle it together Bobsmum?
- 2012-08-05 16:26 Gina
- Hi Rob and Sue, as Bobsmum says, a good idea to poster Guildford area, I never gave it a thought, you seem to be going Nationwide in your search which is a really good thing, don't worry too much that you have not had a peep, I think this is good news to a certain extent, because Jamie vanished off the face of the earth - not a sign, then BANG ! there he was, I think someone is taking care of Pixie and she will pop up oneday too, hopefully very soon, Love and Best wishes to you and yours, Gina xx
- 2012-08-05 11:14 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi Rob & Sue
Just wanted to let you know I have asked Gina if she can let me know the area where little Jamie was found as i will go over & poster it may or may not help but it's worth a try, still checking online hoping something will come up soon x
- 2012-08-02 16:54 ROB
- Thanks Gina, really appreciate it. There have now been over 4000 hits on www.whereispixie.co.uk and almost 400 followers on twitter. Plus over 2000 fliers and posters have been distributed and put up. Can't believe that nobody knows anything.... X
Hi Maxy, I did put Billy out on twitter, will do so again, also Bella. X
- 2012-08-02 07:50 Gina
- Morning Sue,
I have the Surrey Herald coming round today to do a short story on Jamie as I wanted to highlight the great work of the Doglost site and the Dog Wardens, I will do my best to slip in a word about Pixie as you are so local too. Best wishes to you all.
Gina and Jamie xxx
- 2012-08-02 01:01 Max67
- Sent a message to a lady on dogs lost who so is devastated over loosing her Border Billy on the 10th July in Basildon ! Just thought I'd let her know she's not the only one and although that doesn't help much it's nice to know people will be there for you to help either by kind words or practical help! I know god forbid if it was Bronte it would help me xxx
- 2012-08-02 00:29 Max67
- Comforting to know people care especially the kids who called you on Old Dean really must help knowing she's not forgotten & that there are some good kind people out there still looking out for her !! Thinking of you xxx
- 2012-08-01 15:28 ROB
- Spoke to lady from dog refuge re 41723 (terrier cross), and it is not Pixie. Worth checking though.
- 2012-08-01 15:26 ROB
- Thanks to boys from the Old Dean Estate (Rowan Road)who thought they had seen Pixie this morning. Checked it out and found it was another border who had found a gap in the garden fence and went for a solo wander. But I do appreciate the effort, and many thanks to Ronnie and his friends.
- 2012-07-31 23:40 Max67
- Hi Team Pixie ! Still thinking of you & not a day goes by I'm not thinking about you Lilley family ! Sue I am sending a big hug & hope & pray that all the hard work over the past 5 weeks pays off !! Like I said NOT FORGOTTEN !! & I will continue to do all I can to help you as soon as I'm hope ! Lots of love Team Pixie x
- 2012-07-30 17:59 Jayne - Head Office
- well done...
- 2012-07-30 17:55 ROB
- Working on the twitter, facebook and website side of things. Lots of retweeting going on and creeping towards 4000 hits on www.whereispixie.co.uk Article coming out in little local church magazine this week - very good coverage locally.
All these efforts, mine and the rest of Team Pixie's, if there was any justice in the world it would do the trick
- 2012-07-30 09:10 Saza
- Keep checking Pixie's page in fond hope there will be good news.
Still looking for her and have poster in the car window. xx
- 2012-07-27 05:45 Gina
- Hi Rob and Sue, I just got back from Spain myself yesterday and can only reiterate - never give up !We only had Jamie back for 4 days before we left for Spain and when we got back yesterday after 10 days away he was still very pleased to see us, 4 months almost to the day he was missing and like you I was very distressed and on tablets for a while (silly I know )Pixie is out there and we are all keeping a weather eye, so good luck, keep the faith ! love to you all Jamie, Whisper and Gina xxx
- 2012-07-25 11:09 ROB
- Have just spoken to dog warden re found dog. It does have a docked tail and bad mange, poor thing. The dog warden said she'll take another look at the tail to be absolutely sure that it is not a recent thing, but if it is healed then it's not Pixie. Plus no chip has been found even though scanned twice. So unlikely :(
Chichester lady dog warden is lovely though!
- 2012-07-25 10:22 ROB
- Thanks so much for getting her in Countryman's Weekly. It is much appreciated.
I'm still trying to speak to the dog warden direct. Left message last night. Will call again shortly.
- 2012-07-25 07:54 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news
- 2012-07-24 15:40 Pearly Jones
- Have rung Rob, the owner and he is checking it out now with the Dog Warden. Initial thoughts is that picture does not look quite like Pixie but you never know. She is chipped so maybe they can check again as it appears that first check didn't find one. Thanks for flagging it up. x
- 2012-07-24 15:00 BB451
- Hello - got a message via facebook asking if 'found' dog 41520 is Pixie? Can you have a little look for me please? xx
- 2012-07-23 21:09 Saza
- Glad that you managed a bit of a rest. We really hoped to have Pixie home waiting for you. Sounds like you were doing your bit for Spanish dog rescue. Lets hope that the same will happen here for you and Pixie will come home soon. xx
- 2012-07-22 21:33 Pearly Jones
- I hope you had a restful break, Sue & Rob. I'm sorry we didn't have her home by the time you got back, we all hoped we would! Don't give up hope. She could well turn up at any time. Team Pixie will carry on looking for as long as it takes. Talk to you in the next couple of days. We definitely need to concentrate on the online element as it goes nationwide. Can show you guys how. So sorry not to have her back by now, but, don't forget, you still have the formidable Team Pixie out there looking! xx
- 2012-07-22 19:13 ROB
- Hi all. Just got back from Spain today. Technical issues (thanks vodaphone - grr!) left me phoneless, which was very aggravating.
Thanks to you all for leaping into action over the phone call about the dog at caesars camp. It is hugely appreciated, and was so disappointing to discover that it seems to have been mistaken identity.
The rest has done me good - it is hard on the one hand to come to terms with the strong likelihood that we won't see her again, whilst simultaneously giving the best possible chance for that miracle to happen by keeping up the posters and publicity. A very odd double think, but I think for me I have to do it that way. I can't wake up hoping and expecting to see her today, or each day breaks my heart anew.
Tomorrow I will find a new photo to put on her facebook and blogspot pages, and I will try to put new comments as often as poss, to keep them fresh. I'm not sure what else to do from here on. The posters are good, but where to put them in the absence of any current leads......?
Anyhow, I would still really like to take team Pixie out for a drink...I'll find out when Maxy is back from her hols and then get in touch.
P.S. I did find a lovely little dog in Spain who had got out without the owner realising. No tag, but got him home safely. Just wish somebody could do the same for Pixie.
P.P.S. Animal lovers - anyone going to Costa del sol this summer. i know a wonderful Italian lady there who has made it her individual mission to care for and arrange sterilisation for the stray cats that proliferate along the coast. She has been doing it daily for many years now and has managed to achieve real improvements in the health of those that are stray and reductions in the number of stray kittens being born. If anyone is heading over there I can let you know how to get in touch with her if you would like to help, make a donation, or buy scarves, tops and fans from her market stall where all the money made goesto support her animal welfare work. She is very glad of donations of second hand books to resell to tourists to raise funds. Probably not relevant, but you never know....
- 2012-07-19 14:10 Pearly Jones
- Thankyou for the tip. Have to admit that although worked in web in a previous existence, new to Twitter so any advice would be really appreciated Riverlady. Will work on what you have said regarding the local companies etc.
- 2012-07-19 13:20 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Seen @WhereisPixie tweets..so now circulating Pixie.....copy + paste link as it has been shortened......plz understand that celebs get thousands of tweets + can scroll past . Local news papers, forums, minicabs, estate agents, leafleters are good as they are actually on the ground looking.
- 2012-07-19 09:23 Pearly Jones
- Thanks B_London, great to have you on board Team Pixie! Several of us have tried David Walliams, no success as yet, but let's all keep trying! He might just give in eventually! Having just one person like that following will do the campaign a world of good, publicity-wise. And we really do need to get Pixie's profile out there and keep at it. I did wonder why Andy Murray's fan's forum had sent so many people to the site, and now I know! Thanks to all! Anyone else think of any celebs who own Borders that we can Tweet?
- 2012-07-19 08:06 Max67
- Tried David Walliams three times unless I'm doing it wrong he wasn't interested so I've unfollowed him lol I was so cross x
- 2012-07-19 07:25 Saza
- Thanks for doing that B_London. It all helps to get her story our there and you never know who may have some info to help find her.
- 2012-07-19 00:04 B_London
- Just tweeted Andy Murray's dog twitter page (he is a border terrier!) and also David Walliams who has a border terrier Bert, with the link to the website in case they can retweet... Sorry if it's already been done - am new to Pixie's page but willing her home ASAP xxx
- 2012-07-18 21:41 Saza
- Keep hoping when I log on that Pixie has turned blue in the found section, rather than still pink. One day it will happen.
Great news about Laura's article. Lets hope it bears fruit really soon. Have a great holiday Maxine. Hope Pixie will be home when you get back.If anyone has any more ideas as to what else could be done to find her, let us know.
- 2012-07-18 20:45 Pearly Jones
- Have a great time Maxine. Hopefully have good news for you on your return. Really well done for all your tireless work to find Pixie.
- 2012-07-18 20:33 Pearly Jones
- The lovely Laura Patricia, Editor at Dogs in the News has written a fabulous article about Pixie! http://dogsinthenews.co.uk/?p=1303 She promised she would and she has done Pixie proud. Huge thanks to Laura who has a worldwide following. x
- 2012-07-18 19:36 Max67
- Hi Team Pixie! I'm off Friday but will be thinking of you all ! Praying for news of Pixies safe return to Sue,Rob & the girls. I have been taken back by the kind caring people who have been willing to help us all search for her in whatever capacity it's astonishing & has restored my faith in human nature, there are some genuinely nice people out there with honest intentions ! Please keep it up & together we will find Pixie one way or another even if it is from afar I will continue to search the net in any way I can!! Team Pixie you are all amazing, let's keep up this struggle to find her ! It will be worth it in the end I think. Maxine xxxx
- 2012-07-18 14:52 Pearly Jones
- It's really heartening to know that Sue, Rob, Grace and Rose - the family who lost her, have got all this back up and help from Team Pixie and Dog Lost. As you say, dogs do return home after longer periods of time. Let's hope that Pixie is one of the lucky ones who does find her way home. Even better, this week! But thanks to everyone who is checking the websites, streets, etc in order to find her.
- 2012-07-18 12:47 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Thanx Pearly agree with the dog warden there have been quite a few dogs reunited on dog lost of late it's amazing 1 - 2 or more years check out the lovely story of Biscuit the springer went missing Nov 2010 found June 2012 get yr tissues ready! There are a few of us checking the sites everyday so if Pixie is on there one of us will find her! As I say as soon as I can I will get those posters out where Jamie was found, sometimes the dogs are used for breeding & if they fail they are let go again or escape, I think we all know what kind of people do this so it can take a while. keeping everything crossed that Pixie is found soon. XLast edited: 2012-07-18 12:49:03 by Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- 2012-07-18 07:24 Max67
- A30 by Windmill pub there's a dead fox both myself & my mum & daughter checked its not Pixie. 2 days till I go away would love news before I go for Sue & Rob ! Will continue checking all sites while I'm away in the hope for good news! Team Pixie we will not be defeated ! Xxx
- 2012-07-17 21:14 Pearly Jones
- Big relief, but where is she Saza.? We looked so hard at the weekend, we deserved to find her the day we were all out there on the Old Dean. You have done so much too. Team Pixie is an impressive force to be reckoned with, but we do need a breakthrough. x
- 2012-07-17 18:22 Saza
- What a relief that wasn't her. You are being so good PJ. xx
- 2012-07-17 16:59 Pearly Jones
- Sorry to hear you have been ill Bobsmum. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for your help again.
Was very glad it wasn't her too. Had my heart in my mouth on the way up there. Very sorry for the little badger though. Spoke to the Dog Warden too but sadly they've not had any people contacting them about Pixie as yet. She did say they have had dogs returned after a year of being missing so it gives hope that Pixie will still turn up, obviously sooner, rather than later.
- 2012-07-17 15:00 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi team Pixie
So glad that was not Pixie! have been out of action for couple of days had that horrid flu virus that's doing the rounds! but just wanted to let you know I have still been scanning the web for missing Pixie & wll continue to do so, Pearly I will get those posters out over the area Jamie was found as soon as I feel better x
- 2012-07-17 12:32 Pearly Jones
- Just had text from Sue and Rob to say that the body of an animal has been spotted by M3 motorway bridge on the Maultway. Tried to get hold of Dog Warden and left a message for them to ring me. Just been up there and it is a poor little badger, but not Pixie. Lilley's had text while I was driving to confirm that had been told that already too. This cannot be a very pleasant holiday for them. Pixie's been gone for three weeks today and still we are no nearer tracking her down.
- 2012-07-16 19:14 Pearly Jones
- Have just been to see PeachyGirl and she has confirmed what I suspected. The little wiry haired brown and white dog belonging to the elderly lady opposite is a regular visitor to it's neighbours gardens. Apparently it gets out a lot by itself and has been spotted running in and out of gardens and in the road, which is exactly what we had been told the Pixie sighting dog was doing. I think it is very likely that at a glance, a small brownish wiry haired dog could very easily be mistaken for Pixie. And that well meaning people want it to be Pixie so much that they convince themselves it was her. Having spent hours up there over the weekend with all the lovely people who were out there looking too, I'm now not sure it was ever Pixie. The positive is that the whole area has been flooded with posters, so if she is up there, more people will know about her. We really need just one really firm sighting, and as yet, it hasn't happened.
- 2012-07-16 17:36 Pearly Jones
- Hi PeachyGirl, I was wondering whether in the time you have been living in the road, how many times you have seen the elderly lady opposite's little dog out and about, on the street. We have talked to her twice and I was going to go round tonight after work and ask her if her dog gets out a lot, but I'm a bit concerned she might feel as if she is being harassed by me if i go round there again. Her little dog was obviously out over the weekend as the builder saw it sitting on the pavement. He confirmed it was definitely not Pixie and from the description he gave, we pretty much had it confirmed it was owned by the elderly lady opposite you, with the Beware of the Dogs sign on the front of her house. It's just if this is a regular occurrence with her little dog, and that he can get in and out at will, the likelihood is, that all these sightings are him and not Pixie after all. Would be a huge coincidence if there were two little dogs running about in that area? Have you seen her dog out before this weekend? x
- 2012-07-16 08:15 Max67
- Thanks Saza let's just pray this week bring positive joy & that we can return her home for Sues return next week x
- 2012-07-15 22:17 Saza
- Just done another drive along Caesar's Camp Road and immediate area. Sadly saw nothing but cats and foxes. Thank you AnnieSparky...Pixie bumped. Hope it gives us the boost we need to get her home.
- 2012-07-15 21:23 AnnieSparky
- Though think they forgot the "bump"......will email admin again (sorry admin)x
- 2012-07-15 21:21 AnnieSparky
- You are welcome....am just willing Pixie home for you....at least I can keep checking websites for you though would love to live closer to help you on the ground search. Fingers crossed Pixie is home very soon xx
- 2012-07-15 20:47 Pearly Jones
- Apologies for being so late, but thank you to the Dog Lost follower who emailed and asked for the "bump". Really lovely that you thought of it, at a time we were otherwise engaged. You may not live locally but that is the beauty of Dog Lost. You really did help us from afar and for that, we thank you. xx
- 2012-07-15 20:30 Pearly Jones
- Thank you Trish. Really, really appreciate your help. x It appears that a lady in the road has a small scruffy terrier that is not totally dissimilar to Pixie. And apparently is coming and going from where it lives. So now we are wondering whether the sightings are Pixie or this other little dog. Seems more likely to be the other dog, BUT all the other people who saw her earlier this week are convinced it was Pixie, a small dirty, terrier and not the clean, pristine one the lady owns that was out today.... Come on Pixie, give us a tiny bit of help. We are trying so hard to find you, little girl.xLast edited: 2012-07-15 20:36:09 by Pearly Jones
- 2012-07-15 14:17 Trish at K9 Dreams
- Have just returned from driving along Caesars Camp Rd, around Lorraine Rd, Pascal Rd & out to Saddleback Rd. parked at boxing Club & walked in the woods along by A30 & around the back of the church......sadly, no sign....sorry xx
- 2012-07-15 13:07 Pearly Jones
- Thank you Jayne.
- 2012-07-15 12:31 Jayne - Head Office
- email from a helper...
Re: Pixie 40728 (page 4)
Hope its ok to email this as am following Pixie from a distance so not directly involved..... There has been a few sightings and Team Pixie are working really hard while owners away...could they have a bump please :) ?
- 2012-07-15 11:42 Pearly Jones
- Hi everyone, we are back from the search this morning. Still no sign sadly. Nice to meet you yesterday Peachygirl and thank you. And you too this morning Saza. Let's hope she will come home soon.
- 2012-07-15 11:31 Max67
- Peachygirl is there any chance your dog could of got out at all & therefore it's him people have been spotting ?? Thank you for your support. Last edited: 2012-07-15 11:31:50 by Max67
- 2012-07-15 11:25 Saza
- Any chance Pixie could be bumped up so everyone knows of possible sighting? Thanks.
- 2012-07-15 11:22 Saza
- Met up with Max67 and Pearly Jones this morning. They have done a sterling job with postering/talking/walking. They met a chap who had seen a scruffy dog that he didn't think was Pixie but others who've spoken with Max67 thought they'd seen her in last 2 days. So still hope. Peachygirl, if you are local and know BTs you may be best placed to see if there is a BT or another scruffy there. Pixie may not be a as neat as she was? Fingers crossed for another positive sighting. Nice to meet you PJ and Max67.
- 2012-07-15 10:02 Peachygirl
- Hi, met you guys yesterday. I live on Caesars Camp Road and have a Border Terrier very similar in looks to Pixie. ( you met him yesterday) I only moved there the week before last and am very concerned that some of your sightings of Pixie around Caesars Camp Road have in fact been my dog Teddy, although he is always on a lead when walked around the roads and with either myself or my daughters. Also he's a boy! I have put Pixies details on my Facebook and shared as have friends who own a dog sitting/walking business and they have also spread the word in their circles. Really hope you have lots of luck in your quest and if there's any thing I can do to help please let me know XX
- 2012-07-15 09:37 AnnieSparky
- Following this from afar...you are doing brilliant Team Pixie. Lots of Luck today. Have you thought of,feeding stations and traps especially if she has been to one garden a few times (apologies if you have)...but hopefully todays the day.....wonder if Pixies page can be bumped. xx
- 2012-07-15 08:06 Trish at K9 Dreams
- Unfortunately, I can't get up there until this afternoon. I will do the same as yesterday, drive round from Caesars camp Rd, thru Turf Hill Rd & Cordwallis. I walked thru the woods that run beside the A30 yesterday, will do the same this afternoon. Please let me know if you would like me to walk in another part of the woods. Everything crossed for Pixie today xx
- 2012-07-15 07:35 Saza
- Will be heading over to church on Ceasar's Camp Road . Hope to be there soon after 8. Maybe bump into you PJ?
- 2012-07-14 23:24 Pearly Jones
- Guys, we probably need to scour the area at Caesars Camp Road as it appears that Pixie is there somewhere. Am going to go up there at 7.30am to 8ish tomorrow as that is the time she was spotted today. But big, huge, enormous thanks to Max67, who has been out there all day, looking for her and without her dedication we might not be as far with the search as we are. xx.
- 2012-07-14 23:08 Max67
- Totally right Saza don't put your number on here ! Text Rob to pass it on if that's ok, wish I'd known you were up there. I had another look an hour ago just incase she came out when it was dark. Lady at 21 Caesars Camp Rd just told me she's sure it's her that's been in her back garden a couple of times, though not sure when don't think it was this last week though. At a loss at what to do apart from continue tomorrow morning ! Loads of people & kids have fliers now I've actually run out totally apart from large paper copies . LETS DO THIS TEAM PIXIE, LET'S FIND HER FOR SUE ! Xx
- 2012-07-14 23:04 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi Pearly Jones I have let my friend know about Pixie as I say her garden backs on to the woods hopefully she will put the word out so sorry I couldn't make it over we have little guests (our friends children) for the weekend! Do these woods soomehow connect to where Pixie went missing assuming someone didn't take her is it possible for her to get there on her own?? If there is still no luck tomorrow & you have fresh sightings I will come & help from memory I think the woods are big so the more help the better if there are sightings then it may be worth getting hold of a dog trap? Let's hope it is Pixie.Last edited: 2012-07-14 23:08:02 by Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- 2012-07-14 21:26 Saza
- Thanks PJ. Will try and find Rob's number and text him to say to give you and Max67 my number. When was the most recent sighting?
- 2012-07-14 20:31 Pearly Jones
- Hi Saza, thank you for your help. You are a star. Max67 as been out for hours looking for Pixie. And has been told about another sighting. All around Caesar's Camp Road. Either someone has her or she has found a hidey hole somewhere near the church, it seems. Possibly. Sue's phone is not working in Spain, but Rob's is so if you have that, try that. Am going back up there tomorrow morning to have another look. Will keep you posted here.
- 2012-07-14 19:47 Saza
- Did find Old Dean Common. It's big enough! Put up my last remaining posters at some different entrances and talked to people I saw. Did see all the posters you have all been putting up.
Max67 I don't really want to put my number on here. I did phone and text Sue, so my number may still be on her phone? Although she probably has it on holiday with her. Maybe Rose has a list of those who have contacted. I helped her laminate some posters the 1st weekend.Would like to know if she is spotted again.Have bought a squeaky toy.
- 2012-07-14 17:44 Max67
- Saza I would like to be able to contact you but don't have any way of getting your number ! Maxine xLast edited: 2012-07-14 17:44:41 by Max67
- 2012-07-14 17:41 Max67
- Team Pixie!! Just got back, posters all over Old Dean !!Have given out fliers to everyone I see especially with dogs. Will just go out & have another look later just incase !! PIXIE WE NEED TO FIND YOU SHOW YOURSELF PLEASE !!!! The Lilley family deserve their furry friend back !! We will find her NOW I'm sure of it it's just a case of when. X
- 2012-07-14 17:09 Gina
- Hello Rob and Sue , did put a comment, but as Im a bit of a nit, I put it on my site, so now I am putting one on yours.
I am so pleased that Scout is feeling better, what an awful time you have had :( , thank you for putting Jamie on your site, funny that he came home a couple of days later !
I am so pleased to have him home after 4 months, so I really can say "DON'T GIVE UP" Pixie is out there somewhere and as she is chipped there is a really good chance that she will come home, just keep strong in your thoughts. I am on holiday from Tues but as soon as I get back I shall look and see if Pixie is home, I will do all I can to highlight your plight and have already put her on my facebook page, good luck !! Gina and Jamie xxxx
- 2012-07-14 14:28 Pearly Jones
- I've had to come back here but wish I was up there. Will go tomorrow if she isn't found.
- 2012-07-14 14:19 Saza
- Only just read these. Will come up to Old Dean area. Not entirely sure where common is but will find it. Fingers crossed Pixie pops up today.
- 2012-07-14 13:50 Pearly Jones
- Max67 spoke to a man who said he was certain he had seen Pixie on the Old Dean Common during the week. She and Sue's daughter Rose have headed up there to look. There are posters up all round the Old Dean now so fingers crossed. If anyone is planning to walk their dog in the area this week, please take them to the Common and have a look for Pixie. Thanks Bobsmum, it would be great if you would ask your friend to keep an eye out?
- 2012-07-14 11:46 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Oh let's hope it's Pixie I have a friend who lives in a house not far from the wooded area at the back I will let her know, it's pooring down with rain at the moment so probably found shelter please shout if any more sightings I will give an extra pair of hands please god let it be her & get her home safe & sound x
- 2012-07-14 11:15 Pearly Jones
- We've been all round the estate, banged on doors, posted flyers through letterboxes, and as Maxine says, driven the locals mad with a selection of squeaky toys, and no sign of Pixie as yet. Going back up there in a while to hand out flyers at the car boot sale. The postman said he thought he had seen Pixie up there, a lady said she had run through her back garden two days ago and the chap who rung this morning said he had seen her. So fingers crossed she is up there somewhere. At least the locals are aware and looking now. Come on Pixie, where are you, little girl?
- 2012-07-14 10:37 Max67
- Team Pixie. Sighting of possible Pixie at Caesar Camp Road on Old Dean at about 8am this morning looking very dirty. We all rushed up there & have been walking & driving round with squeaky toys driving people mad but who cares !! No luck so far am back for coffee & shower then ack there again to continue the search, PLEASE LET IT BE HER & HELP US FIND HER !! Why dont people stop when they see a dog alone ?? XxLast edited: 2012-07-14 10:45:38 by Max67
- 2012-07-13 18:36 Pearly Jones
- That's brilliant, thank you. You just never know... Had an email tonight from Laura at http://dogsinthenews.co.uk They are going to do a piece on Pixie which is very kind of them. As soon as I know when it is up, I will let you all know. I have sent her all the bits about Dog Lost, Team Pixie and the website / Facebook and Twitter links. Wouldn't it just be fantastic, if by the time Sue returned from her well earned rest, we had a small furry, very happy Welcome Home present for her? I wonder how hard we all have to wish, to make it come true?
- 2012-07-13 17:18 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi Pearly jones that's what I was thinking I will get some printed off & do it next week.
- 2012-07-13 13:58 Pearly Jones
- Hi Bobsmum, that's a really good idea. Jamie must have been somewhere for all that time as it is unlikely that he could have survived on his own in the wild for that long. If you would be able to do that, it would be great.
- 2012-07-13 13:40 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi Team Pixie
Had an idea just wondered if it may be worth postering up Pixie where Jamie was found & the surrounding area's as people out that way can keep an eye out, I am happy to do this next week just a thought worth a try??
- 2012-07-13 11:08 Max67
- Team Pixie, I have spare fliers if anyone would like any, laminated ones still being done, but will need a hand putting some up wherever you are next week, though I go away Friday. In the meantime I have plenty others to hand around, if you able to do so. Team Pixie WE WILL FIND HER SO LETS STAY POSITIVE ! XLast edited: 2012-07-13 11:10:04 by Max67
- 2012-07-12 23:36 Pearly Jones
- Man down, man down!!. Can only prescribe loads of TLC and tummy rubs as am not Paramedic..... Sounds like he will be fine, thank goodness. Maxine has been in touch too, we had a long chat, so all fine. Have a relaxing break. Am on mobile if you need me. xxxx
- 2012-07-12 23:25 ROB
- Wounded soldier Scout is home on sofa with a big fat swollen foot, and a very yummy distracting bone.Last edited: 2012-07-12 23:47:40 by ROB
- 2012-07-12 19:43 Pearly Jones
- Great news on Scout, Sue. Have a well deserved break in the (hopefully) sun. We will keep on looking while you are away. Keep strong. x
- 2012-07-12 19:42 Pearly Jones
- Calling all Team Pixie members! You've read the site, you're Facebook Friends, now join the Team! Add your name to the Team Pixie Hall of Fame as one of the fantastic folk who are helping look for Pixie. http://whereispixie.blogspot.co.uk/p/join-team-pixie.html Come on guys, take a bow for the work you have done so far, and then let's find her. x
- 2012-07-12 19:20 ROB
- Scout has almost finished drip, and vet says he's doing well. Will be able to bring him home in about 45 mins.
- 2012-07-12 17:46 Max67
- Hi Team Pixie ! On hearing that the Westie was found and returned after missing since March makes me feel even more hopeful that we will find Pixie. Sue I'm so sorry about Scout, it's all so unfair, as you know I did a very quick u turn after your call on common, I'm snake phobic & was worried about Bronte. We will all continue to look whilst you're away, I promise. Hopefully when you come back it will be to good news, make sure you let me know !! I'll send you a text with my Portugese number if you need it, so we can keep in touch. Whatsapp is a free text messaging service always useful when abroad. Have a great time and leave it to us Team Pixie all the way xxx
- 2012-07-12 16:42 Saza
- So sorry to hear about Scout. Hope he is feeling better soon. He's such a lovely dog. Fingers crossed you hear the same good news about Pixie that Jamie's owner did.
- 2012-07-12 14:43 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Rob & Sue I am so sorry about scout what a bad thing to happen I do hope he will be ok this must be such a stressful time for you all I'm so sorry. We will all carry on looking for Pixie for as long as it takes. As you know Jamie the westie was found & returned this morning he has been missing since March so really hoping this is the case with Pixie x
- 2012-07-12 13:43 ROB
Damn, other dog, Scout, bitten by an adder up on common while hunting for Pixie. Now being looked after by the very capable Pete at Windlesham vets on School Road. Anti venom and steroid drip. Poor boy. And of course happened right at the far side of the common, so have carried Scout (border collie cross) a long way!
We had covered a lot of ground before it happened and no sign. There are posters up at both car parks and everyone we spoke to was aware Pixie is missing. Have let Chobham Rangers know of possible sighting- there are many border terriers walked up there regularly, so it could easily have been one of them. If there is still a little dog running around solo I would expect to get some more calls as the day goes on.
- 2012-07-12 13:38 Pearly Jones
- Just how much bad luck can one person have? Sue went to Chobham Common to look for Pixie after this morning's sighting of a dog matching her description. But Scout, her other dog, got bitten by an adder and now they are at the vet, where he will be for another five hours, being given, anti-venom, steroids and anti-biotics, poor little chap. This is really rubbish luck.
On the Pixie front, no sign as yet, although the wardens are all now aware she is missing, and there are posters up at the entrances. The Common is always full of dog walkers so if she is up there, someone will spot her. The wardens think this morning's sighting might be another dog as it was at 8.30am which is apparently a popular time for several people with Border Terriers to be walking. But if Pixie is there, it is only a matter of time before she breaks cover again. Sending huge hugs to Sue, this is really so unfair.
Ok Team Pixie, let's rally the troops! Have been bombarding Facebook and Twitter this morning, as has Sue, and it is working. Pixie's following on both is building, which means an even wider area is getting covered by people looking. And by lots of people who so far have not heard of Dog Lost. Please, please, please send www.whereispixie.co.uk to anyone you know on either Facebook or Twitter and ask them to become a friend (FB) or follow (TW). The more people we can send this on to, the better.
- 2012-07-12 11:03 Pearly Jones
- Thanks Jayne. I think we all have our fingers and toes crossed that it's Pixie.
- 2012-07-12 11:00 Jayne - Head Office
- Bumped due to possible sighting.
- 2012-07-12 10:59 Pearly Jones
- Fingers crossed, that would be amazing if it was her. Come on Pixie, let it be you! x
- 2012-07-12 10:58 Pearly Jones
- Please don't lose heart, Sue. I know this is all tremendously hard and it's a terribly stressful time for you, but we will do everything we can to find your little girl. We've seen dogs on here that have gone missing for a lot longer time than little Pixie and that are found and return home. Rest assured while you are away, we will continue to come up with new ways to publicise Pixie and we will all carry on searching for her. Try to get some rest and let's hope that when you return it will be to good news. x
- 2012-07-12 10:55 ROB
- Just had phone call with possible sighting on Chobham common this morning - apparently unaccompanied border terrier following a deer. Tried to catch, but bombed past him.
Going up now with as many paople as possible, squeakers and treats.
Please let it be her.
- 2012-07-11 22:16 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi Sue please rest assure that we will all be looking out for Pixie & I will be keeping an eye on the net & am also happy to give my number, I want to wish you a good holiday but also know it will be tough keeping my fingers crossed you get Pixie home soon x
- 2012-07-11 16:03 ROB
- Have phoned all the vets again to let them know Pixie is still missing and could they please keep signs up and keep a look out.
Of course, if somebody has found Pixie, and just kept her, they are hardly likely to take her to the vet, knowing that they have stolen her. And border terrers are very hardy little dogs.
Feeling discouraged :(
- 2012-07-11 15:07 Pearly Jones
- New high resolution poster for Pixie available to download from http://whereispixie.co.uk/PIXIE_3.pdf
If everyone could email the link to http://www.whereispixie.co.uk to one friend and asked them to have a look and then pass it on, we could really widen the search. x
- 2012-07-10 22:38 Max67
- Hi Team Pixie ! Sue you so deserve this break though I know how hard it will be for you ! I am here till the 20th July back 14th August but will be online checking for updates every day. Please pass my number on to anyone who you need to up till I leave I'm happy to help in any way I can possible, we will continue to search while you're gone, Pixie will not be forgotten I can assure you of that ! If you're around tomorrow let me know xxx
- 2012-07-10 21:50 Saza
- Sorry you didn't have any luck at Virginia Water. Have you spoken to the warden there? He may know if any dogs have been spotted or caught.
Kind offer about the drink. Think you should concentrate on you for a bit and have a good holiday, although it will be hard to switch off. Hopefully when you come back Pixie will be back to join in. Sx
- 2012-07-10 19:11 Pearly Jones
- I can't do tomorrow sadly but don't let that stop you if everyone else can. Would love to meet up with "TP" for a drink when you get back, and hopefully by then, we will have some good news. Will keep up the FB, Twitter and site while you are away. Give the girls my contact number just in case they need it. Happy to help in any emergency calls to sightings or anything while you are away. Also, if they can email me any sightings or progress I can update the sites. Do try to get some well deserved R & R while you are away, I know it will be hard. But rest assured the rest of us will carry on the search while you are in Spain. And let's hope by the time you return, Pixie will have done too. x
- 2012-07-10 18:55 ROB
- Sadly no joy in Great park today. Put signs at or near four different car parks and two pubs/restaurants. Also at pet shop in Egham.
One false alarm phone call re dog in Camberley(wearing brown leather collar, and growling, so not Pixie), but still appreciate the effort.
Think I'll recall all dog wardens and shelters tomorrow, and revisit some local pubs to let them know still missing, please keep the signs up.
I would really like to buy all team Pixie people a drink sometime. I'm off to Spain on Friday, and busy Thursday evening, so I guess that leaves tomorrow - which I realise is crazy short notice, but I'm up for it if any body else is - or after I get back on 23rd. There will still be a houseful here to answer the phone to any sightings, and we'll have our mobiles with us in Spain.
- 2012-07-10 14:53 Pearly Jones
- Just remembered we have a lovely client who works in the Crown Estate office for Windsor Great Park, which is based close to Smith's Lawn. Have been in touch with her and she has very kindly said she will pass on Pixie's details to the Wardens and their Gardens and Parks Superintendents. so they can keep an eye out for her across that area.
- 2012-07-10 10:35 Pearly Jones
- Good luck with Windsor Great Park. How fab if you came home with Pixie today! Will add Lexi. Ash Vale bonnie was there as I put the wrong one one, and now haven't the heart to take her off again. Couldn't find Evie on Dog Lost so that makes sense. Bless her. That's great news about the Windlesham magazine. Well done. x
- 2012-07-10 09:00 ROB
- Oh, I have heard, though not from the owner (who I don't know and have no details for), that Evie's body was found eventually in the ditch outside their house.
- 2012-07-10 08:55 ROB
- Thanks guys. Am off to roam Windsor Great Park this morning, just in case. Will pop in to the Bailiwick too.
To play devil's advocate, btw, Ash is not so close to Windlesham. But Lexi was definitely stolen in Suunninghill, just about 2 miles away (didn't get response from owners, to text, but maybe should include him anyway?)
Will pursue attempted thefts in village today...not sure if there is just one, or more.....
Windlesham magazine committee member Fiona (a border terrier owner) kindly called me yesterday, and they delayed sending August issue to the printer so they could put in my little article about Pixie.
- 2012-07-09 23:23 Pearly Jones
- Thank you Bobsmum. Have been very much motivated by Sue's tireless efforts and inspired by the rest to you guys here working your socks off to find little Pixie. Off to bed now but there is always tomorrow. Fingers crossed. x
- 2012-07-09 22:46 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Pearly Jones what a fantastic job you have made on little Pixie's site & helping all the other missing dogs & owners! Sue & Rob fingers crossed you get some news soon! i will carry on scanning the sites & if there is anything else i can help with please dont hesitate to ask. xLast edited: 2012-07-09 22:49:34 by Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- 2012-07-09 22:13 Pearly Jones
- Just added a page to www.whereispixie.co.uk: Where have all the doggies gone? - The mystery of Windlesham's vanishing pet population. http://whereispixie.blogspot.co.uk/p/where-have-all-doggies-gone-mystery-of.html
If any of you do get the time to read it, please pass it on together with the www.whereispixie.co.uk URL and this one. It is about time the authorities started taking this seriously. Not suggesting Pixie has definitely been stolen, but six dogs should not go missing in one tiny village. That said, if she has been taken, I think that does still give us a very good chance of getting her back. Too hot to handle does work, we have seen it here before. Am hoping we can prod a few more news groups into covering Pixie's disappearance. x
- 2012-07-09 15:31 Pearly Jones
- Did you get a poster to the Bailiwick in Wick Lane? If not, it might be worth popping one in to them on the way. The are very dog friendly and very close to Smith's Lawn. Just had a second telling off from FB too. Am surprised they've not sent a representative to my office to give me a dressing down face to face! Feel about 8 years old. Good luck with the search tomorrow. Fingers crossed. x
- 2012-07-09 14:16 ROB
- Possible sighting, last Monday or Tuesday. Lady just texted, having seen sign in Sunninghill post office. She saw a similar little dog in Windsor Great Park near Smiths Lawn polo fields. Tried to spot it on way back through, but no luck. She has printed signs off this site to put around the park, in the post office there and at the Royal school in Windsor Great Park and is going to send an email to some of the residents and workers. She says the dog looked healthy and happy.
I guess long shot it being Pixie, and I have to go for an appointment and take daughter to physio later. If she'd seen it today or yesterday I'd drop everything and be there in ten minutes. As it is a week ago I think I'll head up there with Scout (other dog) for a long walk with squeaker and treats tomorrow morning.Last edited: 2012-07-09 14:17:09 by ROB
- 2012-07-09 11:57 Pearly Jones
- I don't either, in fact i deleted myself from the site a while back, but in this instance it is an excellent way of getting her out there across the country. It will still work if people make Friends Requests to Pixie, but I'm not allowed to send any out, as am on the naughty step for two weeks. But we have 16 friends on there now, which is more than we had before I got into trouble, so it worked! And we are almost up to 500 hits on www.whereispixie.co.uk A handful of those were me checking the pages but the majority are people having a look. Come on Pixie, let this be the week!
- 2012-07-09 11:43 ROB
- As you say, very BB! I don't generally do facebook, and never twitter. Does it work if other people make the friend request to pixie, rather than in the other direction? When my younger daughter gets back from holiday on Thursday, I'll see if she can do something that way around, and spread the word to her friends to do the same.
Windlesham magazine (it's very local so don't get too excited) will put something in their September issue - seems ages off, but I was thinking of a letter encouraging microchipping, and explaining how it works (NOT a GPS!), and how people can help if they see a stray dog, or even if they hit a dog in their car by accident. Might help somebody.
- 2012-07-09 10:17 Pearly Jones
- Have been blocked by FB from sending friends requests for the next 14 days, as have sent one to everyone that it suggested! Unbelievable. It suggests a list and when you send the request it then goes all Big Brother and blocks you! But I presume I can still post on Pixie's wall and we already have lots more friends as sending it to everyone was working! Very frustrating. But have posted on everyone's wall with her link. And had the account locked twice already, so I may need to tread a little carefully, in order to keep her profile on the FB site.
- 2012-07-09 09:22 ROB
- Have emailed Rachael at dogs today with whereispixie website details.
- 2012-07-08 22:55 ROB
- Hi PJ, don't stress over getting email done so fast - the Windlesham magazine is paperformat , next one due early August. My email will be to ask them if they are willing to give a page (A5) to this, or if I need to pay to run it as an ad (don't imagine it will be exorbitant!). However an email format of the dogs could well be the best way to get it out to vets - might require a paper version as well, and I guess it would be whether vets are willing to give out their email addresses.....
I'll think about that tomorrow.
Max -you need to check her info is up to date on the microchip, you may not have switched it over from breeders info if she was chipped before you got her.
Bobsmum, thanks for scouring the internet, and for contacting Jamie's owner. I hope it hasn't upset her. It's hard to know whether the very very slim chance of distributing photos again is worth the upset of revisiting loss and raising hopes, but as he is chipped it seems worth a reminder to those who comein contact with dogs to scan whenever possible.
- 2012-07-08 22:22 Max67
- Hi Team Pixie ! Every time I log in I am overwhelmed with the kind people Sue has fortunately come in contact with, it's great to see. I am going to get Bronte a new tag as I'm paranoid and must check if her microchip is still there, I'm sure she had one when I got her as a pup. When Meg walked her over golf couse earlier she didn't let her off the lead, she must have hated it, but needs must. The scum that steal dogs (not saying that's what's happened to Pixie though) have spoilt simple pleasures for us all & caused immeasurable pain, it's evil. Whatever has happened to Pixie & wherever she is we will find her I'm sure of it. I know it's must seem like an eternity but hang in there Sue & Rob & stay positive which must get harder by the day, but I'm still convinced something will come of all this hard work ! It has too xxx
- 2012-07-08 22:04 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Thank you Pearly Jones your very kind, just finished checking the web for Pixie nothing come up as yet.
- 2012-07-08 21:09 Pearly Jones
- Re: Jamie. consider it done guys. x
- 2012-07-08 21:08 Pearly Jones
- Bless you, most folk would just worry about their own little pooch, and here you are taking on the rest of the local ones too. I think the fact that you are obviously trying so hard to get Pixie back, and also that you have such a big heart, is why the rest of us are behind you all the way. Let's create an e-shot you can send to people with Pixie as the lead item then all the other dogs included too. If you are going to send an email out to the churches etc, we can make it as eye catching as possible, rather than just text. A bit like the press release, but in email form. Am happy to create it for you and then send it over and you can forward it in, as can anyone else if they wish. It will have more "oopmph" than a text email. Will try to do tomorrow but might have to do after work tomorrow, so you may be looking at some time Tues before it is ready. If you can hang on that long? Will try to do before then. But on the case. Meant to say too, are your daughters on Facebook? If so, can they do a Friends Request for Pixie Lilley? Nothing like getting some web savvie young teens on the case! x
- 2012-07-08 20:57 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi Sue & Rob
I have just spoken with Jamie's owner (Gina) & she said to say thank you very much she would love Jamie to be added I think she is at a loss to what to do as he went missing in March despite all her efforts & those on team Jamie nothing. Absolutely with you on that those who steal dogs are cowardly low life scum with no conscience they can't ever understand the pain upset & sadness this has on owners, these dogs are not just dogs they are a member of the family & sometimes if a person is on their own a dog is their only companion how heartbreaking this must be. I'm going to have another look on the web now we have to remember if this is the case with these dogs then they can be anywhere in the country so that's why I check thes dogs out that are Scotland Wales ect good luck team Pixie x
- 2012-07-08 20:25 ROB
- Planning to email local Windlesham church magazine (monthly and most people get it, even those like me who are non-attenders) and ask if they will put Pixie in, but make the piece about the importance of microchipping, and a plea to people to not assume that a dog seen out alone will just "find its own way home". How I wish the one chap who says he saw Pixie on day one, had just pulled over and dropped her at the vets, post office, shop, pub etc, or called me - she had a tag on!
- 2012-07-08 20:21 ROB
- I was just wondering whether Jamie, the missing Shih Tzu from Lyne (KT15? KT16?) should be added - esp as microchipped, and whther the Pugs stolen from Lyne were ever recovered. Also Minnie - microchipped Shih Tzu from Addlestone. Just thought if I was going to do another mailshot to vets and refuges in wide area, might as well put all these missing little dogs (and they are all little - I guess big dogs are easier to find, even if not alive?) together in a wanted style poster. Obviously it would be incredibly hard to identify any of those that aren't microchipped, especially after many months, but those with microchips might serve as a little reminder to vets to always scan new customers......
Just a thought. Tbh it is easier for me to think in general terms about all these dogs and others that will get seperated from their owners, than it is to just think about my missing Pixie, cos that just breaks my heart.
- 2012-07-08 19:55 ROB
- Thanks Saza X
- 2012-07-08 19:27 Jayne - Head Office
- Probably someone clicked by mistake...will look into it...
- 2012-07-08 19:12 ROB
- Uh oh, I'm being moderated - did I offend?
- 2012-07-08 18:48 ROB
- I can find some other photos, though the one in the park is def clearest of her markings and colouring.
If Jamie the Westie is still missing from Lyne, could we put him on there too? Bobsmum, do you want to ask Gina? - maybe she has moved on by now and doesn't want to get involved - which I would quite understand.
Maybe even some WANTED fliers with pictures of all these dogs, to send out to all local vets and refuges and wardens, just to keep reminding them to look out for them and scan scan scan.... Did the pugs from Lyne ever get found?
To steal somebody's dog is a very low act.
PS great that W'sham Bonnie is there now, I spoke to her owner and know Suzanne does not want Bonnie forgotten.
- 2012-07-08 16:27 Saza
- Have left a poster in Morrison's at Peel Centre in Bracknell today. And put one up in the Hen and Chicken pub on the A322 at Bisley earlier this week.
- 2012-07-08 15:44 Pearly Jones
- No problem, we'll change it about again and add the website somewhere in a large font. if you have any more photos of her send them across too? Don't give up hope Sue, we will carry on looking for as long as it takes. Just added the correct Bonnie to the Pixie's Pals pages. And Archie's photo. I didn't post your comment as the page is there now - wasn't ignoring it, I promise! x
- 2012-07-08 15:35 ROB
- Thankyou guys, it is lovely to come on here and see that you people are still looking and trying. Twelve days have never felt so long. :(
Just been putting posters in Brookwood, Lyne, Thorpe and Chertsey. A friend has taken loads to Ascot Car Boot sale this morning. Almost time to order another batch! This time featuring www.whereispixie.co.uk I think.
- 2012-07-08 15:19 Pearly Jones
- She must be out there somewhere. And with so many people now looking for her it has only to be a matter of time before we track her down. Have been driving about with the poster in the back windscreen of our car and as I was walking back to it today in the supermarket car park I realised just how effective that is. it stood out like a sore thumb. I would encourage you all to put on somewhere in your car, as you will be a mobile advertising hoarding for Pixie.
- 2012-07-07 23:36 Max67
- Hi Team Pixie! I totally agree it's unbelievable that with all the effort by Sue & all of us so desperate to reunite the family with Pixie that nothing has come up yet. But it will I'm sure of it, I'm always asking everywhere I go & handing fliers to random strangers, I won't give up cos if it was my Border Bronte I wouldn't either ! So with determination & continual searching & even pestering we WILL find her I'm sure of it !! So Team Pixie stay positive xxx
- 2012-07-07 22:03 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi just finished looking on gumtree epupz & others still nothing has come up just wish something would cone up! Come on everyone check yr neighbours friends relatives ect someone out there could be living near a new dog even if they tell you its a rescue it's surprising how many people have dogs for months only registering with the vet when the dog has a medical problem, I'm always on the look out this is very much like Jamie the westie who went missing from lyne chertsey in march no sightings nothing but we are all on the case & still looking. Hoping with all the coverage Pixie is getting something will come up soon x Last edited: 2012-07-07 22:07:41 by Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- 2012-07-07 16:40 ROB
- Is it possible for Beezle to remind dog wardens across Berkshire side that Pixie is still missing?
- 2012-07-07 13:30 ROB
- I actually know the lady who lives at Orchard Cottage in church road. She is a lovely lady who does acupuncture and was very very kind to my mother-in-law over many years. Not possible at all.
- 2012-07-07 11:12 Angelmort
- There is also, The Orchard, Orchard Cottage in Church Road which i believe contains a few companies, Orchard Restaurant, plus there must be other houses near you with Orchard in the title. Plus old or still current Orchards or large houses that have their own small Orchards. Everything is worth a try. x
- 2012-07-07 10:28 Saza
- Sounds like you have it covered.
- 2012-07-07 10:19 ROB
- Hi all. I did hear from Coco's owner days ago and went up Orchard Hill. The message at that time was number 23, which doesn't exist as there are only about 8 houses. But I'll go up again today.
Afraid I'm not a believer in mediums psychic etc - and most rural villages and towns have at least one road called Orchard something. Expect it is a very very well intentioned hunch.
- 2012-07-07 09:43 Pearly Jones
- I'm at Upper Chobham Road in Camberley, but the Bagshot end, next to the Red Road roundabout. Sue has my number, so if you do need them and she doesn't have spares give me a ring.
- 2012-07-07 09:41 Saza
- Where are you? Maybe Sue has some spares?
- 2012-07-07 09:32 Pearly Jones
- Definitely worth a try. Saza, I have seven A4's and two laminated A4's here at home if you need them? The printers are closed for the weekend, but had these in reserve. More than welcome to have them if you need some more. I can't put them up myself today as we have committed to something I can't get out.
- 2012-07-07 09:21 Max67
- Sorry my post got deleted when I tried to edit it. Regarding random clairvoyant idea, the lady said Orchard kept coming up, so yes I think anything is worth a try.
- 2012-07-07 09:12 Saza
- If I can get some more posters I am happy to put them through the doors in that road. Presuming Sue hasn't already been there? Have printed an A4 off the Pixie website but my ink is running out. Will put that up near/on the road if i can.
I think at this point, in the absence of any other leads, we can go with a gut feeling. You never know. Fingers crossed.
- 2012-07-07 08:53 Trish at K9 Dreams
- I am in Fleet & am happy to help in anyway.
- 2012-07-07 01:43 Max67
- I'm not sure myself about this stuff but that's just what the lady said, maybe we should post there just incase ! Go Team Pixie everything is worth a go x
- 2012-07-07 01:31 Pearly Jones
- Am not a believer myself although I do understand the power of positive thinking. But would not knock your preminition. I read the other day that most stolen dogs end up less than 30 miles from where they went missing. So Pixie may well be closer than we think. I suspect that the case scenario that none of us even imagine, is the one she'll come home to. Fingers crossed. x
- 2012-07-07 01:19 Max67
- I had to post this even though inthinkmits slightly odd. Th woman in the boutique Coco in Ascot has a border and she's desperate to help. So she gave one of the posters which the picture of Pixie I gave her to her friend who's an amazing clairvoyant. The woman said a few things came up but most importantly to her was that Pixie was still local & being held somewhere the word Orchard kept coming up. I've just realised at 1.15am that there is an Orchard Hill in Windlesham. I know it's crazy but if I didn't mention it I'd reproach myself. So it's just a crazy idea I had to pass on, it's up to your kind people on Team Pixie to go with it as you choose, please tell me know what you think, or is it just desperation that's driving me to post this xxx
- 2012-07-07 00:35 Pearly Jones
- Max67, I can feel a Team Pixie page coming on, www.whereispxie.co.uk/teampixie! Not for vanity, but if we can give a list of trusted Pixie helpers, there will always be an available list of genuine spokespeople, should the need or emergency arise. Thoughts please, Sue, Max67, Saza, Bobsmum et al? Not planning on publishing inside leg measurements or anything, but it could be very useful to compile (private) database of contact numbers, and (public) contact email addresses, just in case Pixie turns up when Sue and family are not available. Happy to coordinate but see what you all think first. I know Sue probably has the mobile numbers already, but would be good for all of us to have each others, just in case? Let me know?
- 2012-07-07 00:24 Max67
- Just seen Sues post about Pixie trotting down Hatton Hill, cannot believe that someone wouldn't stop and get her, I have done that several times before, even two weeks ago in Windlesham, didn't find her after she ran off but I tried for an hour, why wouldn't you. So so frustrating, but it's a small glimmer of hope at least. We will find her. X
- 2012-07-07 00:18 Max67
- Hi team Pixie ! Sue and I spoke to two or three of those builders on Tuesday & handed them posters when we did another door to door in Hatton Hill. Also I agree about the land behind the poster, I did mention the same thing to Sue & Rob has access to that land as he uses it for work, she said they would look there not sure if she has yet but I expect so by now. There's so may units on that land, slim chance but worth a look. It's just a mystery but I'm not giving up as I expect are none of you, together we will find her. Xx
- 2012-07-06 23:54 Pearly Jones
- Saza, you are a star. Dog people are the BEST! Funny how most of us have never met but we all have one goal - to get Pixie back home! Have had a great result from Surrey Life magazine just now too. Editor Caroline Harrap is another dog lover, and their Media Editor Matthew Williams has done a short online feature. I was waiting for a Tweet but they have gone one better than that. Thanks to all at Surrey Life Mag. See: http://surrey.greatbritishlife.co.uk/article/pixie-the-border-terrier-another-missing-dog-in-windlesham-42267/
- 2012-07-06 23:23 Saza
- Went to Longacres this afternoon via Windlesham. Parked on Hatton Hill Road and whistled by the gate on the left into the wooded area. There is a house being built near there, so builders may have seen something? Keep wondering if she is caught somewhere or is in a house near by. Also do you know who owns the land opposite the other end of Hatton Hill road to Snows Ride, behind the large poster you put up. She could have gone in there and it doesn't look like many people do. If you want me to do a any more postering or asking around let me know. keeping fingers crossed you get some good news soon. Sx
- 2012-07-06 22:44 Pearly Jones
- Been added to the new section Pixie's lost Pals. We really need some Facebook and Twitter followers though, everyone. If you have an account for either, please find www.facebook.com/pixie.lilley, and @whereisPixie for Twitter, to get the ball rolling. It's the online equivalent of putting up posters, so just think how many people we can get to with both. Please ask every one you know to link to us, Tweet us, Facebook friends us. We are now online 24 hours a day, so please, please, please, help us find Pixie at www.whereispixie.co.uk
- 2012-07-06 21:17 ROB
- Have spoken to Bonnnie's owner (lives in Ascot, but dog went missing in Windlesham September 2011 (listed SE all areas). She would like Bonnie included in Pixie's pals and is going to send me an email and photo.
- 2012-07-06 20:24 Pearly Jones
- Please become a friend on our new Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pixie.lilley
Pixie's Pals to come soon on www.whereispixie.co.uk
- 2012-07-06 18:25 ROB
- Well done!
Paper shop couple want Archie CKC spaniel featured, will email me a higher res image, and details of what happened.
Attempted theft of Louie from Windlesham golf course 18 months ago - owner will email me details.
Have not had reply to text message to owner of Bonnie, will try agian later.
Have had two people today say that dogs have been poisoned locally by sandwiches left for dogs to eatin last few days - trying to check that out.
- 2012-07-06 15:10 Pearly Jones
- Email issue is finally resolved!! Will have the Facebook page up later this evening. x
- 2012-07-06 14:26 Pearly Jones
- Good news on the Pixie sighting. Shame whoever saw her didn't ask themselves "what is a little dog doing on it's own" and catch her. Found two springers happily trotting along the pavement on the A30 once, on their own. Managed to get them both on leads. A police dog handler just happened to drive past so flagged her down and she took them. They found the owners and the dogs had apparently escaped from a garden somewhere. We have to work on the principle that she is out there, somewhere and is being looked after by someone, for whatever reason. Which is why we must keep up the publicity. Have you been in touch with the Arboretum's trust? Am going to work on the site when I get home today so will add Polly. think email thing may be on it;s way to being resolved. Spent an hour on Live Chat with my web provider this morning to try to resolve the problem. Now am just waiting for it to take effect. Very frustrating but there you go. Four followers now on Twitter, and 297 page views for the site. As soon as I can get the Facebook page confirmed (email thing is stopping me) then I expect traffic to increase further. Then we can really start to push the online campaign.
- 2012-07-06 10:04 ROB
- Have just heard Pixie was sighted onthe day she went missing trotting down Hatton Hill road towards the local park. Sadly, over a week later it doesn't really help to locate her now, but at least she turned the right way - away from the A30, and shows that she didn't get stuck in a rabbit hole in the field opposite straight away. I am sure she didn't go in the park when other dog walkers were there, I have spoken to so many of them.
- 2012-07-06 09:43 ROB
- OK, Polly (SL5 - Sunningdale which is just down the road, 1 1/2 miles) went missing Feb. Owner would def like her included.
- 2012-07-05 23:17 Pearly Jones
- Will ensure we get them all on. Will try to get time tomorrow but if not, over the weekend. But we can definitely include them. xx
- 2012-07-05 22:54 Saza
- Thanks Pearly Jones. Managed to get onto the site. It is great. Will pass it on to as many people as I can.
- 2012-07-05 22:27 ROB
- Have texted numbers given here for Lexi (Sunninghill), Bonnie (Windlesham) and Polly(Sunningdale), I will talk to the owners of the KCK stolen from outside paper shop in Windlesham in person tomorrow.
150 hits today is amazing. I do think it would be great to get these other dogs on there, and am very curious to know if there are other cases in the local area too.
- 2012-07-05 21:26 Pearly Jones
- Just to give you a bit of positive news. The website has had 150 hits today, which means that a lot of people have been looking at one page or more. Not got a Unique Users figure but there have been 150 clicks on Pixie's pages, and most of those are not me checking it is working! Secondly, we already have three followers on Twitter (might not sound much but believe me that's not bad for a first post on day one), one of which has added Pixie to several Facebook and Twitter groups, bless him. Think of this as a virtual poster campaign. We will continue to do both, until she is back home. x
- 2012-07-05 21:15 Pearly Jones
- Sorry chaps, was in the middle of burning dinner when I saw this. Saza, try this http://whereispixie.blogspot.co.uk/ The www.whereispixie.co.uk is redirected to a blog site as it was quick to set up. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having problems accessing it? As for hoofing, sounds like you have been an angel. Am unfortunately stuck in the office for much of the time so the technical stuff is something I can do, as can always pretend I'm working.... ;o) Definitely around Sunday for hoofing if needed, but also want to get the site and Twitter / Facebook feeds up and running properly. Sue, Pixie's Pals - consider it done. Might take 'til Sunday to get it up, but it will be there. Anyone posted on DL in the immediate area, that has not been found, will be included. Leave it with me. xx
- 2012-07-05 20:33 Saza
- I have tried to see new website but failed. I copied the http://www.whereispixie.co.uk address into the relavant box but it didn't appear. What am I doing wrong?
Another thing... do the police have any idea where these dogs are being taken ever? Do they ever liase with collegues elsewhere in the country if they are going inter county.
If you want any help at the weekend I am happy to help. Can't do the technical stuff but hoofing around I can do. If you want anywhere walked around or postered? Sx
- 2012-07-05 19:53 ROB
- I wonder whether we could add another tab for Pixie's Pals ,and feature the other dogs locally that have vanished without a trace - Archie stolen from outside the paper shop, Bonnie stolen from Windlesham, Lexi stolen from outsid Stop n Shop in Sunninghill , Polly vanished without a trace from a garden in Sunningdale, and also the lurcher in Windlesham that was tied up to an obscured tree on the golf course - owners strongly suspect an attempt to steal him.
If we do manage to get any press links to the site, it would be good to give these dogs another bit of publicity, as I am sure they are all still missed, and to highlight that there does seem to be a disproportionate number of dogs missing from Windlesham (GU20), esp compared to Bagshot (GU19) and Lightwater (GU18) the neihbouring villages.
What do you think? Should I ask the other owners if they would like their dogs included?
Also, worrd of mouth in W'sham has other dogs having been allegedly stolen, but it is difficult to be sure whether they are different dogs, or just second or third hand accounts of the above.
- 2012-07-05 16:33 Pearly Jones
- Glad you like it. Needs a few tweaks and am still waiting for the email to work. Could do with some more piccies if you have them. Lower res is fine for the web. Facebook page too next! Then I need to give you passwords etc too so you can add Tweets and other info when you want. Am happy to carry on adding bits too. x
- 2012-07-05 16:08 ROB
- Only just been able to actually see the website - it is awesome. Much much more than I expected.
- 2012-07-05 16:03 ROB
- Thanks Bobsmum - have checked out all preloved ads and nothing fits.
Had two possible sightings today - one lady thought she'd seen Pixie being walked by a chap in Frimley Lodge Park yesterday at 3 ish. Checked that out this afternoon, and did indeed find a chap with a dog very similar in colouring to Pixie, but bigger, prob JRT X. The other was word that a friendly little dog (no other description) followed a jogger in Sunningdale on Tuesday this week. Walked my other dog Scout from Windlesham to Sunningdale to leave a scent trail, leafleted all the big houses on the way, then walked around Sunningdale with Scout, refreshing fliers in shops etc and asking people to keep a close look out. Without wishing to be negative, I very much doubt I will find her trotting around solo, unless she'd been captive or "looked after" in the interim - she's too social, nosy and confident to have lurked unseen for a week.
Thanks for the twitter feed and website PJ - you are a star!
- 2012-07-05 15:18 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Just came across your add for little pixie well done hopefully hundreds of people will see this now she has got to be somewhere! I take it you have seen the add recently put on Preloved 18 month female or sale? I'm just checking the other sites now x
- 2012-07-05 10:15 Pearly Jones
- Pixie now has her own Twitter feed @whereisPixie
- 2012-07-04 22:48 Pearly Jones
- http://www.whereispixie.co.uk is now up and running and open for comment. It will need a few tweaks along the way but it's up. If anyone sees something obivous I've missed please do get in touch and I'll rectify it. x
- 2012-07-04 18:48 Pearly Jones
- Pixie now has her own website which will link directly here. Her site will include extra info, more images, downloadable posters etc. At the moment the holding page is up, but in the next day or so, a full site will appear. Words of encouragement and support will always be welcome in the comments space at www.whereispixie.co.uk but please keep all the main messages for the search here. Her website is intended to support this one, and be an easy way for us to get the link to here included in the media. Come on home Pixie, you are going global now, little one. x
- 2012-07-04 18:03 ROB
- Pixie is now on Dogs Today Facebook page, with a link to here.
- 2012-07-04 13:42 ROB
- Thanks PJ X
And thanks for the encouragement Bobsmum.
I have managed to get hold of Countrymans weekly now ,and Farmers weekly also. Can't see anything that could be her, but will go through again cover to cover to be sure.
Windlesham Newsagents are doing fliers in with the papers they deliver tomorrow - thanks again to them.
- 2012-07-04 09:26 Pearly Jones
- Surrey Life are kindly Tweeting this morning to their several thousand followers the news about Pixie's disappearance. They hope to get something about her in the next issue too, if they can.
- 2012-07-04 00:22 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi there have just checked the sites again before bed nothing as yet, fingers crossed that Pixie will pop up somewhere like so many do on here! dog lost is a fantastic site with great dog lovers all over the place. Just to give you an idea there was a lovely Siberian/husk went missing recently on golds worth park Woking & absolutely no one had seen her the owners were convinced they wouldn't get her back but we all postured like mad everywhere & they got a call from a lady who had been sold the dog in a local pub because she had seen the posters so they do work & the great thing is Pixie is microchipped! Rob & Sue you are working so hard I pray you get your little girl back soon x
- 2012-07-03 22:42 Saza
- Sorry to see there is not any better news for you. Keeping the poster in car window. No one can take that down!
Is it Countrymans weekly that you were looking for? If I see one tomorrow after work I will let you know and get it if you haven't found one. Think I have seen them in Supermarket in the past? xx
- 2012-07-03 20:56 ROB
- NO, they didn't stock it in WHSmiths in Camberley.
Don't drive yourself crazy Max67 - the internet is huge, Bobsmum is looking on Gumtree and epupz daily. Maybe if you look at pets4home?
I have to go to work and do other errands tomorrow, but will drop off "still missing" fliers to newsagents to be circulated with papers again on Thursday morning.
The photo on preloved and Gumtree is definitely not Pixie.
From talking to one guy in Durham yesterday it seems there are dog dealers who buy and sell on various dogs. Not something I was aware of, but I guess everything has a price, even if to some of us they are priceless.
- 2012-07-03 18:49 Max67
- Im also checking all dog sites I can find but nothing so far. The Boder in the picture in Hartlepool unfortunately I'm pretty sure isn't Pixie as it has a lighter back and chest than her, but it's worth keep checking just incase. Looked for the magazine in Waitrose but they didn't have it, did you manage to get it? we won't give up Sue, anymore help you need please just call me x
- 2012-07-03 18:07 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Just checking on the websites again & Preloved has a female border terrier 2 years old not microchipped or neutered £150 Hartlepool cleveland & Gumtree has the exact same add & photo £150 Blackhall county Durham again no phone number you would have to message something not right? Have to go out now but will carry on cjecking later on & report back with any findings!
- 2012-07-03 14:51 Max67
- I just stuck some more up at the top of snows ride & traffic lights on A30 at pedestrian crossing also at the A30 end of School Road. Do not get this at all, why would you go to all the trouble to stop, get out at lights & junctions to take them down ! Very strange and very thought provoking. We've done all we can for today, now to search online sites again ! X
- 2012-07-03 12:50 Pearly Jones
- Someone mean spirited or employed by the nanny state I assume. Were they on private property? If not, stick some more up! Did you get my email re: press release this morning? Happy to send one over to the news groups. Let me know? x
- 2012-07-03 12:41 ROB
- Hmm, apparently all the signs I put up near traffic lights by Windmill pub on A30 with Saza on Saturday have been taken down. They were not on bollards or obscuring junction. Who would take them down?
- 2012-07-02 22:32 Saza
- Others searching for lost working dog breeds dogs sometimes seem to advertise in Countrymans Weekly. Not sure if that is the best one or if there are others too? Did the chap mention the name of magazine where stolen dogs advertised? Did you manage to get your story Add into the local papers as you hoped?
Do hope tomorrow is the day she returns. You must be worn out. xx
- 2012-07-02 21:06 Pearly Jones
- Good idea, sounds like that is definitely worth a go. Can always do you layout etc for ads, gratis, if you need me to.
- 2012-07-02 21:00 ROB
- County Durham guy from dogs4homes just called me back. She is sold. I was very straight with him, asked if there was any chance it could be my dog, as I'm offering a big reward for her safe return. Does seem not to have been her, but he suggested putting an ad in the hunting magazines, said that is where stolen borders often get sold.
- 2012-07-02 20:56 Pearly Jones
- Anything is worth a try. I have no experience of answering dog ads I'm afraid. Maybe someone else does on here and can advise? I'd say though that calling as well would be a good idea just in case they don't go back to that site after their initial post. Maybe asking for picture, or coming up with a way of saying you are looking for your little girl and that there is a substantial reward and you were just ringing to see if they had always owned the dog, or bought it recently?
Any decent minded, dog loving owner will totally understand and wont mind you asking, and anyone who does take offence or gets stroppy with you for checking, is not a nice person and therefore is not worth worrying about. x
- 2012-07-02 20:48 ROB
- Hmm, just tried calling the Sutton one too, but no answer. Will try again later. Not that I really know what to say if they do answer. Is the simpler thing to do to post wanted ads on all these sites? That way if anybody does have her (where ever they are by now)they can see it is more worth while to get her back to this area, claim to have just found her, and claim the reward. Any thoughts?
- 2012-07-02 20:43 Pearly Jones
- At least it will be up there now. Well done. Today's poster in the car back windscreen now and have a few more to hand out to neighbours and relatives that I know will follow suit. x
- 2012-07-02 20:40 ROB
- Had to alter my ad on preloved as they would not run it with any mention of any other website. Have now posted a wanted ad.
- 2012-07-02 20:32 Pearly Jones
- And another, this time in Sutton. Again no email just a mobile. Does anyone know if this is the usual above board method of selling a dog, just to leave a mobile number and no image? Just seems a bit odd to me if you wanted it to go to a good home. http://www.dogsandpuppies.co.uk/border_terrier_3yrs_old/advert/198042 I was wondering whether to post these or not, as I don't want to waste your time or get your hopes up Sue, but I'd hate not to and then find out that I should have done. I'd call them myself but I don't know enough about Pixie to know what to say.
- 2012-07-02 20:26 ROB
- Thanks, I have emailed the sellers of the two on epupz, asking if spayed, and can they send pictures. Tried calling the number from pets4homes, but no answer, will try again later
- 2012-07-02 20:08 Pearly Jones
- Just found one advertised in Durham too, only this one is apparently aged 3. But no image and only a mobile number. Possibly the same one as the one mentioned on Epupz but a different description. and slightly different age. http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/43462-border-terrier-bitch-trimdon-station.html Worth a call maybe to see if they will send a photo. It's not impossible that Pixie could have been taken elsewhere in the country. The ad was posted two days ago. Am hoping she will just trot back through those gates under her own steam, but until that happens, let's keep looking. x
- 2012-07-02 17:42 ROB
- Called highways agency and network rail. Fliers in to Pennyhill Park.
- 2012-07-02 17:40 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi Sue
I have been checking Epupz since pixie went missing I will keep checking on Epupz & Gumtree daily just checked Epupz under border terriers & there are a couple not long been been put on both girls Durham & Notts there are no phone numbers so you can only send a message to these people I know it's a long shot & they are very far away but one of the dogs age is 2 anyway hope this is of some help I will keep looking daily for you hope you get a beak through soon x
- 2012-07-02 17:35 Angelmort
- Everything crossed that tomorrow brings some good news. x
- 2012-07-02 14:19 Trish at K9 Dreams
- Rob, would you like me to contact the dog warden in Fleet. I just think that there is a chance, someone travelling back this way may have seen Pixie on the A30, picked her up and brought her back to Fleet with the best intentions. I know its a really long shot, but I am happy to give them a call if you would like me too.
- 2012-07-02 12:39 ROB
- Thanks Angelmort, will do tomorrow am in traffic again. No businesses around, no houses opposite, flat to the left with no CCTV. THere are many large houses along A30, many owned by arab families often not here, but think the chances of persuading anybody to study CCTV footage very very slim.
Have got fliers in to staff room at sunnigdale golf course, Woodcote school, and posted letters and fliers to all surrounding post offices
- 2012-07-02 11:04 Angelmort
- Definately as Saza suggests get out there at the same time tomorrow morning when she went missing a week ago. Did you see my earlier note about CCTV, have you had a chance to check it out?
- 2012-07-02 09:26 Saza
- Just a thought but with it being a week tomorrow that Pixie went missing, maybe it would be a good idea to make something of that too? Just in case someone saw her but only goes that way on a Tuesday? Would maybe link in with the 'Still Missing....please look' posters.
- 2012-07-02 08:19 ROB
- It seems that most people locally are aware that she has gone missing, though I guess some may assume she has been found by now. Maybe a poster that says - Pixie is still missing. There has been loads of kind help looking for her, but not one sighting since Tuesday. Please check your sheds, garages, outbuildings and anywhere an injured dog may have ended up.
- 2012-07-02 08:06 ROB
- We're thinking along the same lines Saza. I still find it very hard to imagine that she could be trapped and not let everyone know about it - she is no shrinking violet - but maybe if wounded or traumatised....
I've emailed PJ about more fliers to tackle this.
- 2012-07-02 08:02 Saza
- Maybe some large posters could be put up along Snows Ride and roads off it, to ask neighbours to look in sheds etc.? It could explain why there have been no sightings. Happy to help if I can with distribution.
- 2012-07-01 23:27 Angelmort
- Hi. It is odd that there have been no sightings of Pixie. Yes there is a possibility that someone picked her up and is hold her and that needs to be constantly monitored but more dogs get lost than stolen. Have you checked all outbuildings, shed, garage etc? Or any place she could be stuck, like between fence panels, between buildings, under buildings, basement? There have been a few dogs of late that this has happened to. One dog had been locked in a storage shed for nearly two weeks. Please have all your neighbours look thoroughly too. To just call her name isn’t enough as dogs that are lost or stuck will quite often not respond, so the places need to be turned upside down. Do you have CCTV, or any of your neighbours? If so, has it been checked? Hope she’s home soon. x
- 2012-07-01 22:45 ROB
- Thank you Trish, really appreciate it - I couldn't possibly cover all this area without the help of you and others. X
PJ, that's great, I can stop worrying about ebay. Is it worth sticking a wanted or missing ad on there? I've put one on preloved (though it's awaiting editorial review (?)), and I've contacted those who are advertising that they want an adult border to aske them to be vigilent if they are offered a bitch. One of the posters has since asked me for more details and will circulate them on her facebook contacts, so that's another thread started.
Saza - you are a star, I couldn't poss get to bracknell as well.
When she comes home the drinks will be on me!
I'm quite overwhelmed by the kindness I've encountered.
- 2012-07-01 22:17 Saza
- Been out today visiting family. Did drive through Windlesham looking. Have left a poster with car cleaners near station in Bracknell, the petrol station at John Nike ski centre and handed out to various dog minded people where ever I met them. One who's wife works for RSPCA.
Really hoped to log on and see Pixie in the blue.... hopefully tomorrow.
- 2012-07-01 21:47 Pearly Jones
- Sorry last post went before I'd finished on BB.Am very happy to take the eBay monitoring on as am an eBay fiend so know it like the back of my hand. Can anyone who knows Gumtree take that one as have never used it? If not, am happy to do that one too but if any of you can, please say here?
- 2012-07-01 21:45 Pearly Jones
- Am very happy to take the eBay monitoring on as am an eBay fiend so know it like the back of my hand. Can anyone who knows Gumtree
- 2012-07-01 20:49 Trish at K9 Dreams
- I have put posters up from Fleet end of A30, between The Ely pub & Hawley roundabout, that includes Yateley Common, I have also postered the MOD land opposite The Ely. Its probably a long shot, maybe worth giving Fleet Dog warden a call.....they don't always scan dogs to see if they have a chip.
- 2012-07-01 20:21 ROB
- Is there any chance that somebody could volunteer to monitor say Gumtree for me and somebody else do ebay etc? I just can't cover them all and am getting very stressed that I may miss her. I can do preloved, but there's just so many avnues to follow. Thanks X Sue
- 2012-07-01 16:48 ROB
- Thanks PJ, good to know people are aware. Thanks to a lovely lady Maxine who has helped by putting loads more posters around Windlesham this afternoon, while Rob and I revisited Chobham area. Daughters have done Tescos and homebase at camberley, very kind ice cream guy at Longacres (they have no community sign to speak of in the garden centre now - which is a damned shame as popular as they are!), and Hobby Craft, Pets at Home etc in Woking today. Plus recalled loads of dog sanctuaries.
- 2012-07-01 16:10 Pearly Jones
- Just got back from High Curley where we have put a big A3 laminated one. We showed some people at the viewing point the poster and a chap said "I go in the newsagents and around Bagshot and there is Pixie looking out at me from everywhere". So the posters are working, she is sticking in people's minds. Keep it up Sue, the more we can get her details out there for everyone to see, the more likely it is that if someone has got her, they will decide it would be better to give her back. Keep strong. x
- 2012-07-01 11:46 Pearly Jones
- No problem on the poster front, just let me know. Have put a big one up in the entrance to the MOD land at our end of Chobham Ridges. Going to put another up at High Curley today as loads of dog walkers up here.
- 2012-07-01 11:23 Saza
- Hope today brings some good news about Pixie.Will keep putting up posters and let yuo know where they are.
- 2012-07-01 06:19 ROB
- If anyone in the southeast is going anywhere dog walking today, or to the DIY store, car boot sale, park etc etc, please please ytake some posters of Pixie with you to put up or give to people. She must be out there somewhere!
- 2012-06-30 21:10 ROB
- PS Pearly Jones, I'll call you re more posters. Getting through them quickly- which is good, just waiting for one to be seen by the right person.
- 2012-06-30 21:07 ROB
- Still no joy. Huge thanks to Saza for helping me put more posters up around WIndlesham, you are so so kind.
Glad to hear the posters are up at Horsell already. Haven'y done Guildford area, so that would be fab. Please do keep checking the internet for sale sites, just in case. There are so many ways to look, I'm incredibly greatful for the help, but can't believe there still hasn't been a single sighting of her.
Trish, thanks, if there is any chance you could spread posters anywhere between fleet and here, that would be great. Also, I've started asking people (strangers, dog people, random people) to stick the signs inside their car windows, that way they go all over the area. so if everyboy in this area could do that it would increase coverage. I think I'll head to camberley homebase tomorrow and spread some around up there, and a car boot sale in Ascot and spread them there too.
PS Dog people really are the BEST kind of people XLast edited: 2012-06-30 21:08:30 by ROB
- 2012-06-30 18:40 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi we have just got back from horsell common & had taken posters but noticed they have already been put up so that's really good also couple of people walking had mentioned that Pixie was missing so the word is getting about! has any one done Guildford Area as I am happy to do that? also have been looking on the dogs for sale sites & will keep looking anything else I can do to help please shout.
- 2012-06-30 16:59 Trish at K9 Dreams
- Sorry to see Pixie has gone walkabout. I am in Fleet, just say if you would like me to come and help look & give out posters, its only down the A30.
- 2012-06-30 10:07 Pearly Jones
- You are definitely doing everything right in your efforts to find her. Let's hope she is back home soon. Don't forget, if you do need any help posting flyers etc am around after today, so call me. We have everything crossed that Pixie is back home very soon.
- 2012-06-30 06:06 ROB
- Have just delivered a thick stack of fliers to the newsagent in Windlesham to go out with this mornings papers (thank you to Jackie and Phil, whose CKC spaniel pup was so cruelly stolen last year). Also went in to the dairy to ask the milkmen to keep a lookout, which they very kindly agreed to do.
- 2012-06-29 23:18 ROB
- Thank you twoDs, it all helps. Actually went out to the comedy night at South hill park tonight, as was prebooked, and needed to lift my spirits - but managed to chat to and hand out flyers to everybody (about 80 people I think) in the queue as they were waiting to go in. One chap told me he had lost a border terrier in Isleworth a few years back, and he eventually turned up in White City, so that cheered me up.
Re-postering Windlesham tomorrow afternoon.
- 2012-06-29 18:03 twoDs
- Sorry to hear Pixie is missing,have put her details on BT World and shared on FaceBook,hope she is home safe very soon.
- 2012-06-29 16:40 Saza
- Sadly there have been others go missing. One I remember most is Bonnie. http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=32839
Maybe her owner has some suggestions? Also a little CKC was taken from outside Windlesham shops last year. Sorry to be confirmer of depressing tidings.Will put up posters if spot looks useful and will be in touch if I get any time tomorrow. POster delivery with papers great idea. Fingers still crossed for Pixie to just trot home looking pleased as punch.xx
- 2012-06-29 16:13 ROB
- Thanks Saza, I saw your poster.x
I've doen the garden centres, and all the vets I could find on yell.com, including Bagshot (I think i did that one in person, and by post yesterday as well!) Did Charters school, Hurst Lodge, Sunningdale school, The Marest, and St Marys, and the primary school in Sunninghill and in Bagshot (A30), and I know Valley End school has been done, and Collingwood. Mostly on staff notice boards, some also agreed to put on parent notice boards. I'm going to fecdt more flyers from Pearly Jones shortly, and hopefully they will go out with the Windlesham paper boys and girls tomorrow. I think I'll be going around refreshing/adding posters tomorrow afternoon, starting in Windleham again, so if anyone is willing/able to help it'd be great, but I'm ok solo otherwise.
I heard Joe Talbot - it was great, though worrying when he said that four terriers had gone missing from Windlesham. Is that true? Does anyone know?
- 2012-06-29 15:17 Saza
- Happy to help. Having car serviced tomorrow. Could come over this afternoon if that helps? Have you done the garden centres down A30 or vets in Bagshot? I have hand written numbers on posters I printed.
- 2012-06-29 14:02 Pearly Jones
- Joe Talbot has just read out the details about Pixie on BBC Surrey and Sussex. Fingers crossed getting the news to a wider area will bring her home quickly.
- 2012-06-29 10:20 Pearly Jones
- Have just added Pixie's photos and all the contact details etc, to Camberley People http://www.camberleypeople.co.uk/home
- 2012-06-29 06:49 ROB
- Hi Saza, sorry I missed your post about posters (sleep deprived I think). Thank you so much. Pearly Jones is doing some bigger ones for me this weekend, so maybe I cold get some of those to you to spread around the place?
- 2012-06-29 06:30 ROB
- Found out who the field opposite belongs to (very nice chap, thankyou to Mr Lumley senior), and have searched perimeter as the field is used for polo ponies, so no/few rabbit holes. No luck, but it is another possibility crossed off.
Have posted flyers to more vets, dog groomers, trainers ad walkers, and another batch going today to local gardening firms.
- 2012-06-29 06:30 ROB
- Found out who the field opposite belongs to (very nice chap, thankyou to Mr Lumley senior), and have searched perimeter as the field is used for polo ponies, so no/few rabbit holes. No luck, but it is another possibility crossed off.
Have posted flyers to more vets, dog groomers, trainers ad walkers, and another batch going today to local gardening firms.
- 2012-06-28 23:06 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Hi Rob
Only just seen this some other places to look are Preloved, pets4homes, epupz, petsonline ect, if it's Amy help I will start looking for you also did you say you have done nottcuts garden centre pet shop would be a good place to poster Battersea old windsor, RSPCA? We live 10 mins from West Emd area if you need any help please let me know, I hope you get lovely Pixie home soon x
- 2012-06-28 22:57 Saza
- Put poster up on A30 by traffic lights near Snows Ride. Only realised later that my printer has not printed the pale blue phone numbers, only the black typing. Is that the case for others? Could numbers be in black on poster?
Did keep eyes open for her.Called her name a few times into fields. Saw some of your posters. Would be good to have a big one on road side and A30 if possible. Will keep looking and hoping she's home soon. xxx
- 2012-06-28 21:59 ROB
- Hi, I'm trying to check online in case somebody has Pixie and is trying to sell her on. Nothing on Gumtree, as far as I can see, where else should I look? Can anybody help keep an eye out?
Thanks. She went missing on Tuesday 26th, so it could only be since then.
- 2012-06-28 15:35 Beezle
- I have sent out my DogWatch email to about 40 Dog Wardens among other interested people. Hope you hear some positive news soon.
- 2012-06-28 14:13 Pearly Jones
- Hi Sue, I've just spoken to Rob and given him my email address. If you can send me a larger version of the image you have used as the poster I will make some large ones to go along our fence. He has my number too so any problems ring me. Heather
- 2012-06-28 12:49 ROB
- Yes please Beezle, forward details anywhere that might help. I have already called the microchip company, so they know she's missing, and have put posters at Travis perkins, garden centres etc. Have not yet done door to door leaflets (though I'd go for visible and maximum public stuff first), but will start that later. Thanks for thought Angelmort. Thank you so much for putting posters up Pearly Jones. Everyone's help is very very much appreciated. Desperately want her back.
Sue (On Rob's log in)Last edited: 2012-06-28 12:50:23 by ROB
- 2012-06-28 11:01 Pearly Jones
- Hi Rob, had a look for Pixie this morning when I walked ours on the MOD land that runs from the Maultway between Bagshot and Camberley, down to Lightwater Country Park, in case she has come up this far. We are on the roundabout of Upper Chobham Road, Red Road, and the Maultway so will put some posters up along our fence tonight. We get a huge amount of traffic going past so hopefully a fair few will see it up this end of the A30. Good luck finding her. Am sure she will be back soon.
- 2012-06-28 10:05 Angelmort
- Hi Rob. If you haven't already it's very important to contact the Microchip company to say she is missing so they can log this on her record. Also, take posters to Travis Perkins and the Garden Centres along the A30, local schools and put posters through your neighbours doors. You've already done lots of postering which is so important. There is so much woodland around you she's probably having the time of her life and will come home in a couple of days wondering what all the fuss was about. x
- 2012-06-28 09:32 Beezle
- Hi Rob. I can forward all Pixie's details, (to all Berkshire Councils plus except Slough as I do not have a contact for them since they made their DW redunant,) if you would like me too. Mandy
- 2012-06-28 05:25 ROB
- Any ideas how I can get Berkshire dog wardens to take her details? We live right on the boundary between the two counties, but they won't take any deyails because our post code is Surrey. We live 700metres from Berkshire boundary, if she crossed the A30 she could easily be there.
- 2012-06-27 22:09 Saza
- One would hope so, but can't hurt for them to have photo too, just incase chip hasn't been located.
- 2012-06-27 21:12 ROB
- Thanks, have phoned both, but will drop photos off tomorrow. She is microchipped, wouldn't they scan as a matter of course?
- 2012-06-27 21:05 Saza
- Have you contacted Battersea and RSPCA Chobham? Do hope she trots home tonight.
- 2012-06-27 21:03 ROB
- Thankyou Gill, much appreciated. Just back from putting up fliers in the rest of the pubs in Windlesham, and several in Sunningdale
- 2012-06-27 18:44 GillH
- Sorry to hear that Pixie is missing. Will put up posters at Barossa Common, Camberley tomorrow. With any luck she will make her own way home.
- 2012-06-27 17:53 ROB
- Thanks Polpat. She got out of our garden at the A30 end of Snows Ride, between 8.30 and 9.00 on Tuesday morning (yesterday). I realised she was gone and started to search within 30 minutes, but no sign. Had posters up by lunch time, have put fliers up in Windlesham, Bagshot, Lightwater, Sunningdale and pubs and restaurants along A30 to Camberley. Have informed vets in Windlesham, Sunningdale, Sunninghill and Ascot. Have informed Surrey Heath Council dog warden, and police. Leafleted as many drivers as possible this morning at Snows Ride A30 junction, covering the time frame in which she disappeared yesterday. Loads of kind and helpful people, but no sightings. She is very very nosy and friendly, and will make a detour to greet strangers like long lost friends. I have scoured A30 and Snows Ride verges and ditches in case hit by a car. Any other suggestions? We are desperate to get her back. Generous reward available. It has been suggested that she may have got stuck in a rabbit hole in field on corner of Snows Ride and A30. Grass is knee high and thick - I've tried looking and calling, but no joy.Last edited: 2012-06-27 17:54:51 by ROB
- 2012-06-27 17:42 Polpat
- Whereabouts in Windlesham was Pixie lost? I live there and can help with a search.
- 2012-06-27 17:20 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in GU15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,24,25. SL5. RG12,45. KT16.
- 2012-06-27 11:40 ROB
- Sorry, Pixie is not brindle, but grizzle/tan, with a darker ring around her tail. Thanks for reading.