Lost: Lemon And White Cocker Spaniel Male In North East (NE62)
- Dog ID 40600
- Status Lost
- Registered 22 Jun 2012
- Name ARCHIE
- Gender & Breed Male Cocker Spaniel
- Age Young Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Lemon and White
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars nearly all white with sandy colour ears, sandy patches over his eyes, 6 sandy spots down his spine
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 21 Jun 2012
- Where Lost Woods on the Morpeth Road Choppington
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area NE62
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 07801 846065
- Phone 2
- Reward? large
- Listed By leamc
- Views 86704
- View Poster
- See more dogs Lost in NE62
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2015-02-10 14:29 janiejewel1649
- I still pray for Archie`s safe return. Please come home.
- 2014-09-13 16:05 janiejewel1649
- Still hope, and pray for Archie`s safe return.
- 2014-04-22 14:40 Jo
- It might be worth looking at the dog called Raffie on http://www.springerrescuescotland.org/family_homes.php
Its a new addition to the site, so not much information about the dog, could be worth giving them a call.
- 2013-12-19 22:00 janiejewel1649
- Nice to know people are still looking for Archie. What a lovely Christmas gift it would be if he was found soon. Come on Archie, show yourself.
- 2013-11-28 16:03 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- The found dog (60643) has a full tail so sadly not Archie
- 2013-11-28 09:09 Woo sips
- Have you seen dog found : 60643? Please take a look. Appreciate the area is different but you never know with him being stolen. I hope you find your beautiful dog x
- 2013-06-22 12:28 janiejewel1649
- Really hoping this is Archie. Hope someone does know something so that Archie can be reunited with his rightful owner. Come on fella show yourself again. Fingers xd.
- 2013-06-21 03:25 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Archie has been missing for ONE year- lots of people still looking for him.
If anyone has any information on Archie please contact his owner or Doglost anonymously.
- 2013-06-18 01:27 bazil
- Shared on my FB page again. My hubby is working up there at the moment so he will keep a look out for Archie.
Lets hope this recently sighted dog is seen again soon x
Fingers crossed it is Archie x
- 2013-06-17 21:55 Gypsy
- ***********POSSIBLE SIGHTING*****************
There has been a possible sighting of Archie on Tuesday 11th June - 11-11:30am at Ashington Bus Station. Seen on a lead with a man (50's-60's) with a beard, meeting a older lady from a bus which could have possibly come from Newcastle route. He seemed happy and in good condition. Very excited when lady getting off the bus greeted him. They then left but sighter did not see which direction they took as it was busy at the time and she was getting on another bus.
Please could you look out for Archie if you live or work in this area. We have had several possible sightings in the Ashington area now. Thanks x
- 2013-05-12 23:33 rene
- did you check with newcastle cat an dog shelter and god forbid have you checked with your local council that he has not been picked up on the road they have to keep records for health and safety reasons of every animal they collect hope not of course . please join our group we will all try our very best to find him x
- 2013-05-12 23:29 rene
- have you been to all the farms and cottages in and around choppington woods a lurcher went missing in Slaley when i lived there and she lived in the woods for two weeks then went to the nearest cottage for help when she was exhausted and hungry a woman who lived int the house had seen the posters thast were up on trees and pamp posts in the area and contacted the owner . He could have been taken in or they could have found him and taken him to a local vet or shelter .
- 2013-05-12 23:25 rene
- I notice Archie is not included on our local animal missing group in North East it is on facebook and is animals lost and found gateshead newcastle . he could be in that area so would be beneficial to put an advert on . Everyone who is a member will share it on their facebook and if you inbox me with his details on facebook i will share it for you in gateshead and ask my friends to share too . Rene' Carr Wardley firstname.lastname@example.org . have you checked wth your local comunity gypsy warden incase he is living with travelers . Rene'
- 2013-05-06 00:25 Gypsy
- Thanks Helen x
Archie will be 2 yrs old this month and has been missing a year next month. Please if you're reading this and have any information, whether it be good or bad, contact us in confidence.
We won't give up on Archie - stay safe little man wherever you are xxx
- 2013-03-31 14:13 LOG HELEN
- Shared again to my group on facebook called https://www.facebook.com/MissingStolenPetsTyneWear we are all looking out for your missing baby.
- 2013-03-22 20:13 Gypsy
- Thankyou Sue. Archie has been missing 9 months now but we aren't giving up. x
Thanks to a very kind and generous donator Archie's reward has been significantly increased. If you are reading this and have any information regarding Archie's whereabouts please contact us in complete confidence.
- 2013-03-21 06:13 B30
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news
- 2013-02-18 16:50 Jojo
- Please look at 48947 found today, could be your boy
- 2013-02-17 21:23 Jojo
- 2013-02-14 17:53 becks
- Good to know about the silver vitara - sounds too similiar not to be linked. Will tell everyone to keep an eye out Last edited: 2013-02-14 18:00:46 by becks
- 2013-02-14 12:07 sarah
- Silver vitara was disturbed in Linton trying to take dogs a few weeks ago. Probably same people.
- 2013-02-13 20:19 Tigermouse
- Without going back through all the posts, which will take ages on my very slow pc, was just wondering if anyone had contacted Alan Titchmarsh about Archie, as he's currently featuring missing and/or stolen dogs on his programme. Apologies if this has already been done but if not then it would be worth an email to try and raise awareness of Archie.
- 2013-02-13 18:21 cavalierandlhasamummy
- I have shared Archie's details on my facebook and twitter, hope he is found soon, if i can do anything else just let me know x
- 2013-02-13 18:20 cavalierandlhasamummy
- I have shared Archie's details on my facebook and twitter, hope he is found soon, if i can do anything else just let me know x
- 2013-02-13 13:59 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Bumped for possible sightings of Archie reported.
Owners want to observe location before organising help with searching.
Have given advice on scenting/feeding stations
- 2013-02-12 00:00 Gypsy
- Thankyou glossoplass. I will follow this up x
- 2013-02-11 22:55 glossoplass
The Travellers Rest
Phone: 01434 673231
Found fawn and white cocker spaniel found yesterday please contact if you have any information 01434 673231
- 2013-02-08 12:40 lynseyb
- Thanks Riverlady for all the help, pretty much a novice BUT think im getting somewhere now lol....lets make Archie TOO HOT
- 2013-02-08 12:00 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- @HelpFind_Archie tweeted so we are retweeting.
- 2013-02-08 00:12 liver1047
- We have arrested two men and recovered a dog, tools and a van all believed to have been stolen.
The arrests came after a member of the public called us on Wednesday February 6 to report two men in a van behaving suspiciously in Thornbury and abandoning a dog.
The dog, a cocker spaniel, was found to have been stolen from Thornbury earlier the same day.
The van was later found by police abandoned just off the A38 in Rudgeway. Officers believe the van had been stolen from London and it contained tools stolen from Thornbury earlier the same day. Two men aged 26 and 32 were arrested later the same day in connection with the thefts and remain in police custody today, Thursday February 7.
Thornbury Neighbourhood Sergeant Victoria Lansdown said: "We are very grateful to the member of the public who called us after becoming suspicious of the behaviour of two men in a van. I'd always say that if you are in any doubt give us a shout."
- 2013-02-07 15:14 lynseyb
- Archie now has a twitter page @HelpFind_Archie
- 2013-01-31 00:08 Gypsy
There has been another theft of a dog from Choppington woods - very similar circumstances to Archie. A terrier was stolen from owner on walk but was later thrown from a vehicle at the Guidepost roundabout. This was witnessed by a member of the public who reported the incident to the police and local dog warden. Thankfully the dog is okay and has been reunited with it's owner.
We believe the man/men involved were driving a silver car (possibly a Suzuki Vitara) and had two dogs, a jack russell terrier and a large dog (possibly a lurcher).
If anyone knows who this may be please contact me in confidence on the number above or email email@example.com
- 2013-01-18 11:29 janiejewel1649
- I often wonder about Archie too. Hope he is found very soonx
- 2013-01-16 14:59 scootjockey
- Any news on Archie? best wishes stolen Tays mum xx
- 2012-12-31 18:16 Gypsy
- Thankyou x
- 2012-12-31 18:07 Maggie
- I will put a request in for you :)
- 2012-12-31 17:41 Gypsy
- Please would it be possible to have Archie advertised in the Countryman's Weekly mag again? Thanks x
- 2012-12-24 10:33 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-12-10 00:17 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- Hi still no news on Archie he's still missing without a trace! on reading about other lost dogs and the power of 'tweeting' is anyone willing to tweet about Archie to famous people to see if that gets any response? please x
- 2012-11-26 00:28 bazil
- Praying this is the sighting that will get little Archie home for Xmas x
- 2012-11-25 11:27 Mistynsashasmum - Area Volunteer, West Sussex
- Good luck everybody as one of these dogs could well be yours
Fingers crossed for you allxxLast edited: 2012-11-25 11:30:43 by Mistynsashasmum - Area Volunteer, West Sussex
- 2012-11-25 11:27 Mistynsashasmum - Area Volunteer, West Sussex
- JewelsK Do you think your post should go on the Found Dogs posts? as I feel it will only be the people who are watching Archies posts that might read it what do you think? It could read somthing like; Have you had your dog stolen! (do not want to tread on anyones toes here it only a thought) but it would make people aware to the fact of these dogs being found
Come on Archie be seen be safe and hurry home darlingxxxx
- 2012-11-25 10:01 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Bumped due to possible sighting and contact details updated.
- 2012-11-24 23:03 Gypsy
We have been made aware of a 'possible' sighting of Archie in a dark blue Corsa next to the Half Moon Pub between Ashington and Choppington. This is less than a mile away from where Archie went missing! There was also another dog in the car possibly black.
- 2012-10-22 01:12 JewelsK
- Just seen this on DogLost Central page on Facebook (a golden Cocker is mentioned so posting here in case it could be a lemon one like Archie):
RE-POSTED FROM ANOTHER GROUP: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR DOG STOLEN! Horse box full of dogs discovered in Tipperary over the weekend. 26 Of the dogs r now being cared for at Limerick Dogs Home. The breeds found r.. JACK RUSSEL‘S. SPRINGER~SPANIEL‘S. SHIHTZU‘S. POMERANIAN‘S. KERRY BLUE & A GOLDEN COCKER. If you r missing a dog of the above breed plz ring LIMERICK DOG HOME ... 061~301604 (OR) GARDA STATION ..... 062~80670. These dogs deserve all the help getting them back to their loving homes. Plz share to any pet sites or profiles. These dogs could of been taken from anywhere around the country.Last edited: 2012-10-22 01:12:47 by JewelsK
- 2012-10-16 21:19 janiejewel1649
- Thought I would check up on Archie too. Strange case this! Really hope Archie will be found soon. Everything xd.
- 2012-10-14 18:45 Gypsy
- Thankyou Michelle. Aud40 sadly no there have been no sightings since Archie went missing, with the exception of the possible sighting the same day with two lads with lurchers. x
- 2012-10-11 05:51 Aud40 Porter, Max mum.
- Has there been any sightings of Archie.
- 2012-10-07 22:54 Michelle Oscars mum
- Have shared Archies details on my facebook wall and Oscar's group page. I hope you are some good news soon xx
- 2012-10-03 13:38 scootjockey
- xLast edited: 2012-10-03 17:56:52 by scootjockey
- 2012-09-30 20:54 Aud40 Porter, Max mum.
- I have posted Archie on my facebook page & Fb Stolen/Lost dogs,have emailed friends/family in the Darlington & Leeds area do hope you get news of Archie
- 2012-09-30 18:06 lynseyb
- 2012-09-30 07:56 Maggie
- Bumped Archie's page so admin can see request for alerts
- 2012-09-28 15:41 lynseyb
- There is a Gypsy fair this weekend off the A40 between Eynsham and Wolvercote (west of Oxford). Dogs are being sold. Anyone looking for a stolen dog may like to go along. Anyone in the vicinity, or living on routes taken by travelers to reach it - BE VIGILANT WITH YOUR DOGS!!!
- 2012-09-28 15:40 Cugisk
- There is a Gypsy Fair this weekend on the A40 between Wolvercote and Eynsham, west of Oxford. Amongst other things, dogs are to be sold!!! So, if you are looking for a stolen dog, you may like to go along. Also, anyone in the area, or living on roads used by travellers to get to the fair, BE VIGILANT WITH YOUR DOGS!!! Is there anyone in the area who could go along to check that Archie isn't there for sale, PLEASE!!! Thank You.
- 2012-09-28 10:25 lynseyb
- FOR ATTENTION OF DOGLOST
we have been given some info from a medium that he is picking up Archie is in the Manchester/Leeds area with an elderly couple....is there any chance that we can have alerts sent out to these areas? many thanks
- 2012-09-15 16:24 Gypsy
- Have been in contact with Jackie who is very kindly spreading the word in the Darlington area and keeping a look out.
We are still keeping an open mind about where Archie may be, so if anyone feels they have any information that isn't connected with the Darlington area...please contact us.
Thankyou to those who've shared Archie's details and offered help and support...it is greatly appreciated xx
- 2012-09-13 11:16 elfie 2575
- last week before i new he was pos in darlington, i live in hurworth and dont know if you know the area but we get alot of hunters passing threw, i was in car with husband and we seen couple of lads with the greyhounds ect but they had a spaniel i commented to my hubby that it was small for a springer and should they be using a pup,it was mainley white had dark patches on ears ect but the dog was dirty with mud, and we never seen the lads with spaniels just the lutchers and terriers, well they were leaving hurworth going up neasham road towards darlington, not seen them since, not even sure if was cocker or springer it was coverd in mud, and got me thinking now, this was before i new he was pos in darlington,
THE DOG WAS MUDDY AND I THOUGHT WAS PUPPY IT WAS MAINLEY WHITE, NOT SURE WAS COCKER, I SEE LADS OFTEN NOT SEEN THEM WITH SPANIEL SO IAM NOT 100PERCENT SURE Last edited: 2012-09-13 11:18:54 by elfie 2575
- 2012-09-12 21:59 elfie 2575
- Thanks gypsy, i left poster at my vets today, will keep eye out spread word, but need anything done local let me know will help out where can, remember this dog going missing, iam in hurworth right next to darlington thats where vets are def keep eyes open, il ask round
- 2012-09-12 20:52 reilly
- There is a very vague posting of a found cocker in Eaglescliffe which is not too far from Darlington - dog no. 42956.
- 2012-09-12 18:30 Gypsy
- Thankyou Michael that would be brilliant and much appreciated xLast edited: 2012-09-12 18:34:00 by Gypsy
- 2012-09-12 17:39 michael_w
- We have a call centre in Darlington, will send the poster down tomorrow and get them to get a load put up...
- 2012-09-12 15:18 Gypsy
- Hi jackie.25. Unfortunately we don't have any more information than that. I suspect Archie has been sold or passed on through FB. I have notified and sent pictures to the Darlington dog warden on behalf of Archie's owners, but would appreciate any help from those in Darlington such as posters, sharing on FB and generally spreading the word. Thankyou x
- 2012-09-12 09:29 elfie 2575
- iam in darlington do you have bit more info ie its big place, iam going to vets today so il take a poster. is there anything else i can do
- 2012-09-09 23:33 bazil
- Lets hope this little one is found safe soon. Still looking and checking out all online websites x
- 2012-09-09 15:46 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- You are welcome.
- 2012-09-09 12:48 Gypsy
- Thanks Jayne x
- 2012-09-09 12:07 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Believed to be in Darlington. Alerts sent to helpers in DL1-7 AND DL10.
- 2012-09-08 16:26 Gypsy
- Sadly Archie has been missing for nearly three months now.
Naturally his family are feeling very down-hearted but Team Archie are still working hard to recover him.
If anyone has any information...however small...PLEASE don't hesitate to contact us on the number above.
- 2012-08-20 19:47 janiejewel1649
- So thesearch for Archie goes on? Come on Archie, where are you? Everything xd.
- 2012-08-19 12:15 Gypsy
- Just an update..the possible lead in Snaith has been investigated and unfortunately the lemon roan Cocker is a bitch. Many thanks to Lesley and her husband for all their help. x
The search goes on for Archie!!
- 2012-08-18 21:45 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- its ok lynseyb DL have been contacted and we are on with the possible lead given earlier from info seen via the Countryman weekly. fingers crossed this is little Archie x
- 2012-08-18 20:14 lynseyb
- JAYNE@HEAD OFFICE, A HELPER IS TRYING TO CONTACT HQ CAN'T GET ANSWER, WHENS BEST TO CALL?
- 2012-08-18 18:05 lynseyb
- Hoping its positive x
- 2012-08-18 17:28 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Anyone in the area of Snaith near Goole...please ring HQ...tx
- 2012-08-18 17:21 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Some info has come in via Countrymans weekly...Have contacted person who put details on and they will get owner to call us. we are talking about the Goole area near Doncaster.
- 2012-08-18 11:46 janiejewel1649
- Just checking again for any news of Archie. All xd again.
- 2012-08-16 12:47 Star
- It was few weeks back now...Yes STAR went missing from cambois near choppington
- 2012-08-16 06:54 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Some comments have been removed....we can't publish names on the doglost page. also you never know who is following the story - names can tip people off....
Lea- please could you ask Archie's owner to contact me so we can catch up on strategies etc either on my mobile or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoping the Countryman's weekly advert brings some news of Archie- thanks Sue
- 2012-08-15 22:28 lynseyb
- I've just said same thing about what he doing with the dogs, possible he has contacts on area if the said things are correct.....am I right in thinking your dog was taken from cambois? Literally down road from choppington
- 2012-08-15 22:23 Gypsy
- Hi Star. Please could you tell me when this was?
- 2012-08-15 22:20 Star
- I dont have the pic as he showed me thro the cam chat on FB as he said he had no pic on profile..It could be nothing but thought best to inform you all..I counted 7 dogs for sale on his page earlier...I have given the phone numbers I have for him..Im unable to contact him as he was wanting to buy my dog and had arguement with him bout wot he was up too with all the dogs.If someone adds him and im sure he will come forth with info
- 2012-08-15 18:59 Star
- 2012-08-15 18:38 Gypsy
- Hi Dreena52. The found Cocker is a male...I have listed him in the 'found' section. I've followed Pip's story from the beginning and I'm always looking out for her. I visited a traveller's site last night that I was informed had Cockers tied up. I saw a lot of dogs but no Cockers but I can assure you that I will always keep an eye out for Pip. xx
- 2012-08-15 17:31 bazil
- Lynseyb copy and paste the link below and you can look at his page on FB. He seems to love his pets, but no pics of Archie or other dogs being sold x Also says he is from Hexham and lives in Newcastle xLast edited: 2012-08-15 17:33:44 by bazil
- 2012-08-15 12:57 lynseyb
- Star do you have the picture still?
- 2012-08-15 12:48 dreena52
- The black working cocker with a white bib that has been found is it a dog or bitch, pip 37934 is still missing. Good luck with your search.
- 2012-08-15 11:53 Star
- 2012-08-15 09:07 B30
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-08-14 21:26 Gypsy
- The working cocker found in Cramlington today is a black cocker with a white chest and not chipped...so not Archie sadly.x
- 2012-08-14 20:49 KB
- Doglost NE Facebook page - someone reported finding a Working Cocker in Cramlington - it has been given to the dog warden. I cant comment on the page as I'm waiting to be accepted into the group!
- 2012-08-09 19:25 lynseyb
- hi guys, just a small update, no dog matching archies description was seen today but LOTS of people spoken to, including local authority and vets....couple of posters discreatly left with said people with
emphasis on the reward and two upset boys....fingerd
crossed we heat something soon....and a huge thanks to Cheryl and her daughter for doing the digging and leg work today its is very much appreciate by myself and the owners xxx
- 2012-08-09 19:23 lynseyb
- 2012-08-09 14:19 Chocolate Hero
- Got everything crossed I can, hope we get good news soon. Hope the goings on get this lad home, he's well overdue for a blue page.
- 2012-08-08 20:48 lynseyb
- Message for cashow
could you please email me on email@example.com
Just to pick up bit more info from you
- 2012-08-08 20:40 janiejewel1649
- Hope and pray that we will soon be seeing Archie "In the blue" Will pray to Kip for some spiritual help, (Near his area). Come on Archie, please come home to those who are missing you.xxx
- 2012-08-08 20:25 janiejewel1649
- 2012-08-08 19:17 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Tried to call to offer some advice.
Will send text.
yes lynseyb- if you search for Doglost North East and put a request to join
- 2012-08-08 13:57 lynseyb
- Does dog lost have a general Facebook page?
- 2012-08-08 13:56 bazil
- I have hit on a comment below by mistake, sorry x
- 2012-08-08 13:53 bazil
- Was wondering where he had gone. Wise move. Watching and waiting x
- 2012-08-08 13:40 lynseyb
- Please don't be disheartened that Archie is back to page 4, due to the circumstances of the new lead it was decided not to boost it back to page one until we have further info, there is work going on behind the scenes....hopefully this boy will be home very soon
- 2012-08-08 13:11 Millypod - Social Media Team
- Me too Tigermouse, spent last 5 mins going through the reuniteds:(
Hope you get good news soon. Fingers and paws crossed here too.x
- 2012-08-08 12:12 Tigermouse
- Logged in earlier on and saw this had been bumped up, logged in again just now and saw it had disappeared. Really hoping it had changed to reunited so gutted to find it's moved back down to page 4 - fingers and paws crossed now that this new info will lead to finding Archie and he WILL soon be in the blue x
- 2012-08-08 09:10 lynseyb
- the below post is awaiting moderation to try and protect the info until we have any deff news, hope that makes sense
- 2012-08-08 09:04 lynseyb
- thanks you all for the info given, owners are now fuly aware of situation....lets hope it is all good news
- 2012-08-08 02:43 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-08-08 00:11 lynseyb
- Hi cashow are you local to area? Or could doglost bump page and send out alert to Northallerton and Thirsk area please?
- 2012-08-07 23:49 Gypsy
- Thankyou Cashow. Will pass your message onto Archie's owners. x
- 2012-08-07 23:15 cashow
- 2012-08-05 10:36 janiejewel1649
- Gypsy Do hope this new lead is a positive one. Prayers said and paws and fingers xd.
- 2012-08-01 16:26 Chocolate Hero
- fingers crossed on the new lead. Posters are living permanently with me in the car for if ones need replacing etc & local kids ask me daily if hes been found. Every time i log in i seem to hold my breath for a blue page!
We will get you home archie. xxx
- 2012-07-31 22:20 Gypsy
- There is a new lead that has been passed to Archie's owners and fingers crossed something positive will come from it.
Many thanks to your mum Cat - I know it wasn't Archie but it could have been! x
I was in the area today handing out flyers and raising awareness for Archie - he is very well known and his owners are doing a great job in keeping his profile high. I can't stop thinking about this little lad either and would just love to see him in the blue!
Stay safe Archie...until we find you xxx
- 2012-07-31 22:12 lynseyb
- Everyone had hoped that the Bedlington sighting was Archie.....there is a new lead but obviously the owners don't want to say too much at the moment untill they know one way or another
- 2012-07-31 20:38 Cat
- So sorry the Bedlington wasn't Archie, i so so hoped it would be. I hope theres some positive news soon. My mums still happy to help in any way she can xxxx
- 2012-07-31 18:29 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Have sent a message for an update x
- 2012-07-31 18:21 Chocolate Hero
- There anymore news? cant stop worrying bout this little boy.
- 2012-07-28 23:25 lynseyb
- Thanks sue all underway x
- 2012-07-28 18:15 B30
- If Archie is still missing please speak to the co-ordinator who has already been in touch with you and ask them to request an advert in The Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-07-27 22:21 lynseyb
- Hi, an update on behalf of Archie's owners.......
They finally located the sighted dog in Bedlington, unfortunately the dog was very similar in appearance but wasn't Archie
They are gutted, they really thought it was a positive lead
- 2012-07-25 22:48 bazil
- If you need any help, let me know. I don't live in the area but can drive up. I am still watching and checking online websites x
- 2012-07-25 21:00 Gypsy
- Nothing further has come about as a result of the possible sighting last week. However we have not given up on this lead and there is work going on behind the scenes.
Please join Archie's FB page www.facebook.com/groups/418312854878734/
We welcome and appreciate any suggestions/ideas that may help to bring little Archie home xx
- 2012-07-25 20:25 janiejewel1649
- No news yet then?
- 2012-07-23 15:27 lynseyb
- thanks Cat
- 2012-07-23 14:29 Cat
- 2012-07-23 09:58 lynseyb
- FOR ATTENTION OF CAT
could you please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org please
regarding some info from owners
- 2012-07-22 15:28 janiejewel1649
- -Hope and pray that this sighting is Archie, and is soon reunited with his RIGHTFUL owners. Come on Archie be seen. All xd.
- 2012-07-21 18:42 Gypsy
- Thankyou Cat we really appreciate your info x Archie's owners are aware of this possible sighting and fingers crossed this is the lead we've been waiting for.
Have emailed admin to ask if they can bump Archie's page. x
- 2012-07-21 13:27 Sue Huntley
- I live in bedlington. I'll check this out next week
- 2012-07-21 11:21 Tigermouse
- I've been following the search for Archie since the beginning, though unfortunately I'm too far away to help physically. Can this page be bumped up due to this possible sighting? I hope someone is able to check this out - would do it myself if I could. Fingers crossed Team Archie, I hope this leads to something definite and Archie is soon back where he belongs. x
- 2012-07-21 07:44 Cat
- This may be a long shot, but sometimes long shots are the needle in the haystack.
My mum lives in Bedlington.
She has seen lots of posters of Archie in the neighbourhood and he is very well publiscised in the area.
She believes she may have seen Archie being walked through the cemetary by a young male adult on Netherton Lane twice in the last week. Both times this has been between 2pm and 4pm.
The first time she saw him she wasn't certain because she couldn't get close enough to see his full markings. The 2nd time, she was closer and noted the pale colouring in his markings and the full colouring over his ears. I dont want to get anybodys hopes up if this is another dog in the area but couldn't not bring it to your attention just in case.xx
- 2012-07-19 16:51 Fluffylegs
- As Archie is now seen as stolen, do we know if the police have given a crime number and if registered as stolen and therefore a crime wld the police now be in a poistion to follow up the leads of the 2 lads who allegedly had Archie/similar dog, coming out of woods on day he was lost? JUST WONDER IF OWNERS HAVE FOLLOWED THIS UP small community and bet they're known.
Great work going on, so many dogs just disappearing...we have one down here gone 7 months re postering now as he is not forgotten by local comunity.
Good luck with Archie lovely boy...
- 2012-07-18 23:52 Gypsy
- Thanks everyone x The problem on Archie's FB page has been resolved for now and there been some renewed interest - which is great!
Archie's ad on Gumtree keeps being removed because 'someone' is reporting it. Have contacted Gumtree but I doubt they will help - data protection and all that!
Maybe the 'someone' is becoming frustrated because they were hoping things would go quiet and they could pass/sell Archie on. Anyway they were wrong and TEAM ARCHIE will continue to search and keep his profile high!
Thanks Sue for checking that out. x
- 2012-07-18 21:52 Sue Huntley
- I noticed there was a puppy farm advertising on that site, a number of breeds. I wonder. Places like that are always after un neutered males as stud. They named cocker spaniels as one of their breeds. How do we go about shutting these places down when we find them. Anyone know. My experience of RSPCA is they often don't want to know
- 2012-07-18 21:18 Sue Huntley
- Just rang the mobiya one. That dog was sold last week. Seemed like a genuine sale of a family pet. I'll keep trawling as I'm sure many others are x
- 2012-07-18 21:00 janiejewel1649
- I do hope this new info: leads to the safe return of Archie. Gypsy. I also admire your determination too, to fight for a just cause: to bring Archie back where he belongs. As someone has already stated, make him "TOO HOT TO HANDLE"
- 2012-07-18 20:07 michael_w
- Thanks Sue, at least we can write it off one way or the other. Someone mentioned on FB that they had contacted another one last week, so this may be it but i found this one today...
- 2012-07-18 19:44 Sue Huntley
- Hi I got a picture from the Durham dog. Don't think it's him but I have passed it on for verification
- 2012-07-18 15:42 Chocolate Hero
has anyone checked out this 1 in whitley bay?
come on team archie,lets find this lad & get him home!
- 2012-07-18 13:59 Cugisk
- I admire your grit and determination, Gypsy. It's heartening to see the "renewed" interest in Archie's sad story. I hope that there is a happy ending for Archie, his owners and their two little boys.
- 2012-07-18 10:53 lynseyb
- Have forwarded link to owners who are looking into it, also another friend saw a cocker with a coat on in Wallsend other day she keeping eyes out and will keep me posted too, tho she convinced this was possibly an older dog.....will keep U all updated as archies owner is having laptop problems and struggling to get online
- 2012-07-18 10:51 lynseyb
- Have forwarded link to owners who are looking into it, also another friend saw a cocker with a coat on in Wallsend other day she keeping eyes out and will keep me posted too, tho she convinced this was possibly an older dog.....will keep U all updated as archies owner is having laptop problems and struggling to get online
- 2012-07-18 10:21 Fluffylegs
- Ive checked the refs and are exactly the same.
THE REWARD IS MORE THAN THE SALE PRICE BUT MAYBE HE'S BECOMING TOO HOT TO HANDLE???
It wld be helpful to have some idea of where the owners are with Archie's loss and search and what routes they are following...if anyone has any idea....good luck with this 'lead'.
- 2012-07-18 08:43 Sue Huntley
- Still waiting for a pic. Seemed genuine. Dog for sale at £350
- 2012-07-18 08:40 lynseyb
- 2012-07-18 07:59 Sue Huntley
- Hi I've just contacted them and asked for a pic
- 2012-07-18 01:01 michael_w
- No idea if this one has been contacted or not but......may be worth a call if not http://www.adtrader.co.uk/north-east/county-durham/chester-le-street/pets/dogs/cocker-spaniel-dog/508d4f51e44442169ae344dfc2b6a081?keywords=cocker spaniel
- 2012-07-18 00:21 Fluffylegs
- As Archie is now designated stolen , there must be a crime number so there shld be a way of the owners or someone on their behalf leting the police and dog warden know of this threatening behaviour.
Is anyone in contact with the owners to advise them of this activity so they can progress this case...very hard for them .....???
CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH THIS PLEASE??
- 2012-07-17 22:22 Gypsy
- I've been posting/sharing Archie's details anywhere and everywhere and its bothering someone because I've had a couple of 'nasty' messages and I know they are from the same idiot. Archie's FB group is also in threat of closure due to hackers targetting the admin person - so could this hacker/s be directly involved with Archie's mysterious disappearance and they resent the constant exposure???
Well tough!!! Because it isn't going to stop me. I'll stop when Archie is home WHERE HE BELONGS!
- 2012-07-17 20:55 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- Yes his poster has now gone from 'missing' to 'stolen' due to no sightings or leads, other than early on in the search, that 2 boys were seen carrying a spaniel out of the woods 2 hours after he went missing. could have been sold on out of area think everyone is still thinking about him and praying for his safe return.
- 2012-07-17 19:34 janiejewel1649
- Just checking up on Archie. Is it possible that he has been found and kept/stolen? Pray ands hope that we will soon have a positive result here.
- 2012-07-12 16:55 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- CAN'T BELIEVE ARCHIE'S NOT BEEN FOUND YET!! SOMEONE SOMEWHERE KNOWS WHERE HE IS HE CAN'T HAVE JUST DISAPPEARED!!
- 2012-07-12 12:19 bazil
- Yeah come on Archie be seen so we can get you back home with your family x
- 2012-07-10 20:18 janiejewel1649
- Colme on Archie, lets get you back home, where you belong. He has to be somewhere. Allxd.
- 2012-07-10 01:37 Fluffylegs
- Keep up the good work and the hope. We found Sasha alive and well in LU5 tonight.She was a few hundred yards from home in the gardens of elderly people's dwellings backing onto scrubland and small woody areas..they had been feeding her biscuits for 3 days and hadnt phoned despite posters being on several lampposts, post box, as they thought she may not be the same dog and they didnt want to disappoint anyone.
It took 20 minutes of following the procedure of sitting quietly, no eye contact and gentle feeding and encouragement before Claire got the lead over her head and secured to her collar and picked her up. By 10.30 she was home and when I left she was giving paw.
Dont rule out all possibilities, these dogs both went missing within a couple of days of each other at different ends of the country...could Archie be lurking very locally...we were beginning to consider that someone had her since no more sitings following initial calls...and in a way, these elderly folk did have her...at least she was safe.
VERY GOOD LUCK LOVELY ARCHIE. PLEASE BE FOUND VERY SOON
- 2012-07-09 00:04 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- wow thats was quick! thanks very much for the bump up xx COME ON TEAM ARCHIE !!
- 2012-07-08 23:46 Fluffylegs
- Gypsy -you may find it helpful to contact all local authorities, ie many council have e mail sites and Facebook sites apparently as discovered this when they were present at an event on saturday where I was giving out dog lost posters; worth contacting publicity or human relations.
Good Luck with Archie!!!
- 2012-07-08 23:39 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- great work Gypsy thankyou can Archies page be bumped back up to page one please x
- 2012-07-08 23:02 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Photo/s grouped together to show up on his DogLost poster. Good luck Team Archie you are all doing a fab job in your search. Keeping everything crossed gorgeous Archie is back home with his family soon.
You may need to refresh the page to view the updated photo. x
- 2012-07-08 16:21 Gypsy
- Have also posted Archie's pic and details to FB sites - Berwick Advertiser, Morpeth Herald, Northumberland Gazette and Metro Radio, Vets4Pets including various other North East FB sites.
Already had a good response re Metro Radio with lots of people sharing Archie's details and offering his owners good wishes.
I have contacted the Morpeth Herald directly and hoping they will run an article on Archie - waiting to hear back.
Have made a long list of people/businesses which I intend to contact and work through tomorrow. Hopefully owners are still postering and keeping local people aware that Archie is still missing. x
- 2012-07-08 16:11 Gypsy
- Have added Archie's pic and details to the animalwardens site.
07 Jul 2012 English Cocker Spaniel
Location: Choppington - Northumberland NE62
Colour: Lemon and White
Markings: Mainly white with lemon ears & spots on back. Docked tail.
Our Ref: 39826
Contact Phone Number - 07411749874
- 2012-07-07 13:15 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- I think if a thorough search of the woods and surrounding area where he went missing could be done with tracker dogs and whatever else could be used to try and find him then at least they'l know he's not going to be found there and an alternate search further a field can then take place. just an observation on reading other dogs lost on DL when there has been travellers in the area they have gone in a group armed with posters and asked the travellers if they know anything at all and got them on side made them aware of the reward may have been a coincidence but 1 dog had been missing a few weeks a travellers site was visited by searchers a few days later the dog was found wandering not far from the site had it been let go in order to be found ???? please join 'HELP FIND ARCHIE'group on FB to arrange a time and place to meet to get a search under way for Archie really think his owners need help and guidance as to what to do next bless them. they really need the wonderful people that where in the search for Kip to help them to keep going and do what they can to help get Archie back! please x
- 2012-07-06 21:39 bazil
- If Archie gets Media coverage, radio etc can we have his page bumped please.
Do we know which radio station and when??
Hope we get some news soon and we can get this little lad found. I will continue to keep checking various websites online and will repost to my FB page xxx
- 2012-07-06 04:17 Fluffylegs
- Thanks for sending the message from Archie's owners. I think that helps people to know that continuing to help to search is what is wanted of them, just to get Archie home as with all other missing doggies.
2 weeks seems an eternity and with no sitings or clues it can be disheartening and heartbreaking, but dogs are found.....
Down here Sasha has been gone for a week now and the knowledge is spreading.
A 'mass' search gives a bit of a focus and giving it a name , we have had SNIFF 4 SID, JESS IN DISTRESS, SEARCH 4 SASHA....maybe you could ahve ACTION 4 ARCHIE....
Choose a time and place to meet over the weekend, say 12.00 -2.00 on Sunday, suggest you meet at the point he was last seen, and go off in different directions, maybe getting inspired on route, meet up and swop notes.
Saha's mum and I retraced her steps at 11.30pm tonight and I learned details I had not learned before, you can build up on the triangle theory too, get hold of Sherlock Bones on here.
Keep it simple and good luck, it IS worth while and also adds to all the publicity action youre all ready doing.
Aerchie lovely boy, please be found.
Maybe someone can take this up from here and organize for Archie's owners...it may be a big help...
- 2012-07-05 19:21 leamc
- Message from owner!! Sorry have no use of lap top..we have not planned a mass search but I am more than happy to attend 1 if anybody can suggest a day or time?we ate doing all we can keeping the word out about Archie constantly putting posters up & asking everybody.seems everybody we ask already no.s!!
Its going on the radio station & on there web page & we r hoping to do a news paper article as well when they get back to us.
It's been 2 wks since Archie went missing & with no really positive sightings ..I really don't no what else to do.we just want him home safe.
Thank you all so much for all your help it's so very kind.
- 2012-07-05 11:17 Fluffylegs
- Do Archie's owners put their comments on Facebook and not on here? perhaps?? Maybe they still dont have access to a computer?
No harm can be done in still searching as you go abt your daily life, putting posters where there are none....he hasnt turned blue on this site and many dogs are msissing for a long while with sad owners keeping hope.........
- 2012-07-04 22:40 Lucy's mum
- There are lots of people who want to see Archie home safe and sound and are desperate to help however I think we could really do with an update and some direction from his owners on how we can best do this taking into account the loads of information already provided by fluffy legs. Please Archies owners, can you advise?
- 2012-07-04 21:36 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- "he was last seen in the woods off Morpeth road. you can access the woods via the colliery houses or the barn conversions. last seen near the burn in the woods where the path dips at approx 6.10pm on thursday night.. possible sighting thursday at 8.30pm with two lads with lurcher dogs and a small spaniel coming out of the woods near Choppington and crossing road and going down towards eastgate/ eastgreen.
comment from early on in the search Alig
- 2012-07-04 21:22 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- this is the question I have been asking from the beginning Alig when the sighting was 1st reported ! still think they are the key to whats happened to Archie. I know it means scrolling through a lot of comments but if you do go right to the beginning you'l be able to read what's been happening which may answer your questions x
Last edited: 2012-07-04 21:23:22 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-07-04 19:12 Alig
- What actually happened was he out for a walk or did he run off? If it is someone who has stolen him does anyone know who these lads might be ? or what area they are from?
- 2012-07-04 14:30 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- all gone very quiet about Archie with no sightings in the area if he was sold on to someone in Linton they may well have sold him on again or bought him for someone else out of the area ???? sorry to harp on about it but still think those lads seen carrying a spaniel out of the woods need to be identified and found, seems strange but have they been seen again walking the 2 lurchers! and Archies dog lost page is at the bottom of page 2 soon to go onto page 3 can he get a bump back to the top of page 1 again please xLast edited: 2012-07-04 14:34:00 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-07-04 09:43 bazil
- Hi michael_w I have checked out the preloved advert, owner sent me a message on Sunday saying he is Black, not docked or neutured x
- 2012-07-03 23:07 michael_w
- Couple of ad's online recently, both very vague and neither has a photo, judging by the prices i'm guessing they're not Archie but maybe worth an enquiry or two.....
- 2012-07-03 22:37 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- still circulating on twitter
- 2012-07-03 18:07 Alig
Is there any news on Archie where is the search taking place?
- 2012-07-03 10:33 Linzijill
- I have heard the area archie went missing has lots of rabbit holes has anybody checked these or listened very carefully for wimpers eyc it is poss he may of picked up a scent gone down one n became stuck expecially coz there has been no concrete sightings of the little fella does nobody no any ppl who works with drains could they not get cameras down some rabbit holes n see if they can see anything good luck every 1 keep up the good work n dont give up xxx
- 2012-07-03 00:46 Fluffylegs
- What would Archie's owners like to do? Have Dog Lost had any contact with them to see ?
- 2012-07-02 21:47 leamc
- Hi..sorry I'm having trouble getting on here.no computer having to use my phone.the no on the piste is my no but I am not archies owner.I have passed all the ideas & info on 2 the owner as I said the other day no mass search had been planned..I think a mass search is a good idea so if anybody would like 2 put any days or times forward?and I'm really not sure what areas to search.sorry I can't b more help..there has been no more sightings of Archie at all!!
- 2012-07-02 16:54 Sheelybobs
- Not sure where the search is now meant to be. I live in Linton and take my 3 out everyday. I keep a constant look out for Archie, but not seen anything as yet. Will keep on the look out until I get more info. Please update. Thank you.
- 2012-07-02 10:47 Chocolate Hero
- Wished i had got back to better news, dont give up hope. Whats the plan for the searching this week? what area are we focusing on? Can we try & sort a meet up and do a group search as the woods are needle in a hay stack.
- 2012-07-02 02:13 Fluffylegs
- The information was brief put on the essex dog's site by Dog Lost.
Perhaps people are using Facebook to pass on details about Archie etc.
It wld be good to know how things are going but its hard for families; its important to keep up hope for Archie xx
- 2012-07-01 22:59 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- Hi been away for the weekend so was hoping for good news thought there was but then realised that due to the sad amount of dogs being reported lost Archie is well down the 2ND PAGE now! what is the plan of action now in the search for poor little Archie has there been no more sightings ? has the identity of the 2 lads carrying a spaniel out of the woods been found yet ? Now that the owners are back off holiday where and how far are they wanting the search to go? have they spoken on radio stations/newspapers/police about Archie? it just seems everyones giving lots of good advice/ideas on here but there's been no feedback has to whether any of the advice /ideas have been listened to and tried out because reading through people are repeating ideas over and over, asking questions getting no answers x
fluffylegs reading your earlier comment about a dog being returned by thieves in exchange for money how did that come about/ what did they have to do to get the thieves to come forward ??Last edited: 2012-07-01 23:23:31 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-07-01 20:32 Fluffylegs
- Quite a lot of dogs local to here found within a week.Met little Ruby tiny brown cocker this morning at agility and she had been lost in huge country pak but found in lady's garden 2 miles away week later just as were abt to mount the org search.
Out last night nd today looking for 6 month staffy x Sasha gone for 3 days,got out little 'mass search n leafletting going' abt 10 of us but the impetus helps however despondant owners are and it encourages peple to keep looking. The rescue she came from locallly came and are going again 2 morro with the dog she shared kennels with.
Does Archie have a dog he's friendly with and how abt the scenting people that helped with lovely Kip??
Jayne Dog Lost thanks for info re phone number !
- 2012-07-01 16:37 Cugisk
- 2012-07-01 14:51 Linz
- Not archie just rung up has dogs original paprer work dogs 4 years old has emailed papers over and passport copy definatly not him.
- 2012-07-01 12:49 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Its owners friends number....a helper has emailed us this link to a cocker for sale to check out...
- 2012-07-01 10:20 Fluffylegs
- PLEASE COULD SOMEONE CLARIFY WHETHER THE PHONE NUMBER ON THE POSTER IS THE DOG WARDENS NUMBER OR A FRIEND'S NUMBER OR OWNERS??
IF DOG WARDEN'S AND PEOPLE CANT GET THROUGH TO DOG WARDEN, IF SOMEONE FINDS HIM THEY WILL HAVE DIFFICULTY MAKING CONTACT, BY THE SOUNDS OF PREVIOUS POST.THANKS
- 2012-06-30 23:12 Linz
- Archie's new group on facebook going strong 404 members and still adding people from all over the country looking out for archie now so hopefully the little fellar will be home very soon!!
- 2012-06-30 20:54 TRACEY
- Hello from South Yorkshire. I have spent a few hours this afternoon looking at all the free websites and i havent found anything that will help you. Sorry but i will keep looking everyday . Good luck finding archie. Sorry i cant do anymore as im a few hundred miles away. Keep up the good work.
- 2012-06-30 19:06 Fluffylegs
- kEEP SEARCHING. In essex just this afternoon lakeland terrier returned by thieves, money had to change hands, but only gone a few days. Archie's reward is high and hasnt been taken up so keep looking and however daft a mass search may seem, try it out, the concept brings people together in one place. GOOOD LUCK.
Off out on local search for little staffy rescue puppy called sasha, broke free from her harness and known to have got half way home.....
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WITH DOGGY SEARCHES.COME ON ARCHIE!!!XXXX
- 2012-06-30 16:20 jollyesblyth
- Hi not sure what details you have for dog warden but this may help??
Neil Armstrong (blyth dog control officer) tel: 01670 542347 or email: email@example.com
- 2012-06-30 14:48 leamc
- Owner contacted dog warden on fri!!still waiting for a call back!!I also tried there was 9 calls in front of me ..somebody from council rang back & said dog warden would ring no cal back as yet!!
I have asked the owner re; the search and nothing has been planned as yet?
- 2012-06-30 14:43 Linz
- Have made a open group on facebook to all people from all over to share the word about Archie (like Kips page)if anyone would like to join the group is called Help Find Archie https://www.facebook.com/groups/418312854878734/members/
- 2012-06-30 14:37 Sylvia
- I haven't forgotten about you, little Archie. Hope you are safe home with your family soon. Make today that special day.
- 2012-06-30 13:51 Linz
- where off out down the woods again with our dogs later went around all yesterday no sighting but hopefully today will be the day, please go home Archie to your family!!!
- 2012-06-30 01:22 Fluffylegs
- Even if your worry is that Little Archie has been sold on pleae keep all options open and do the scenting in the wood,organise the mass search, people are working really hard to find him but sometimes the effect of a mass search with a focus like Action for Archie will inspire and motivate and give a renewed focus to serchers and the public..you may well be doing this and puttin info on Facebook which I dont go on but would really urge a mass initiative like this and has anyone ontacted the dog warden recently as important to keep them in touch with what youre up to and often they can help, ours is very proactive, some are somecant give the time but keep that link alive s its the only phone number on the poster and you cannot contact wardens direct, the number usually will go through to council offices, check out to see how the wqrdens number works and give an update as that will be really helpful should they get a call from the public
- 2012-06-30 00:09 lynseyb
- Well I've been up in north east since Thursday pm, and have kept my eyes peeled around the Morpeth, pegswood and Ashington area...u unfortunately not seen anything but lots of posters all around...you guys have worked so hard x
- 2012-06-29 14:40 leamc
- Can I just say what u r all doing is amazing!!u can tell u have all done it b4!!
It's great that people all over the place no arch is missing & they r letting everybody no!!
- 2012-06-29 14:17 Nik - PR Adviser
- Amanja, I would suggest you do businesses located in and around where Archie was lost. Use defined postcodes (ie not just NE62, but NE62 x) and use a website like Applegate to find the companies. Companies with warehouses will also have drivers.....
- 2012-06-29 13:49 Lucy's mum
- Have just been on to The Great North Fly however the event has been cancelled until September 2012 because of the weather. I have contact Weldon Gun Room at Weldon Bridge and they are going to keep their eyes and ears open and I'll take posters along there tomorrow (would do today but am stuck at work until 6.00 p.m) Have also spoken to Bywell shooting range but they already know about Archie. Also contact the Kennel Club and they have provided me with some contacts regarding breeders, rescuers etc so will follow these up and post more later if I have anything usefil to report.
- 2012-06-29 13:30 Amanja
- Paula Marie. Thanks for that website. Will give it the once over this evening and see if I can get some useful contacts/ideas from it. Very much appreciated.
Fluffyleg. I'll definitely look at rescues/pounds etc further afield. Great idea to target people who go out and about in the course of their daily work. Will try to get details on some of those groups too.
Thanks everyone for the ideas. I can see I am going to have soem very busy evenings, once I get over the time difference!
Come on Archie, be found so I can justify doing nothing in the evenings!!
- 2012-06-29 11:22 Paula Marie
- Came across this site in the search for Kip. Northumberland Life
has A-Z list of organisations some wih email contacts. Hope this is usefull if not already seen. Sorry can't help with emails at moment, tied up with prom & dog show.
- 2012-06-29 11:09 Fluffylegs
- CHECK OUT CRAFT FAIR MORPETH TOWN HALL 07736702127
ALSO SHEPHERDS WALKS.CO.UK 01830540453
WALLINGTON HOUSE GARDENS AND ESTATE AT CAMBO HAVE AN EVENT
- 2012-06-29 11:06 Fluffylegs
- I have just been looking up EVENTS in your area for the weekend andnext week
1. THIS SAT AND SUNDAY ie 30th June and 1st July- THE GREAT NORTH FLY, ESHOTT AIRFIELD, FELTON, MORPETH this wld be good for someone to go to to give out and put up posters as GET INTO THE FLYING FRATERNITY AND PEOPLE UP IN THE AIR SPOT THINGS ON THE GROUND
Could someone local have a look at the events site WHATS ON IN NORTHUMBERLAND as there are planned walks all around and huge amount of stuff where people are out and about driving to and from places across the county.ATTENDING DIFFERENT EVENTS and participating, some with dogs for the planned walks.....
ALSO a lot of the libraries have knitting groups Blyth ON A TUESDAY
- 2012-06-29 10:08 Daphnesmam
- Good luck team Archie hopefully todays the day we get this boy home, I was in Bedlington, Cambois, Newbiggin, Lynemouth, Linton, Ashington, Morpeth, Mitford, Hepscot and seen posters in every place. People who we genrally only pass pleasantries with have even come up to inform me about Archie, so people are aware about him and spreading the word xxx
- 2012-06-29 01:57 Fluffylegs
- when doing things for Kip I'd posted 14 transport companies that do recovery of vehicles in the area but as not technical had written enveloppes straight from screen, as these wld be out on roads locally every day.
That would be one good task as you are saving details
As many animal rescues and dog pounds as poss nation wide, I will ring local tomorrow but a follow up wld be good as if the normal used rescue is full, if a dog is found, they can be taken far off, 100 miles at times, also good as you will be saving this info. Dog pounds will initially try and find a breed rescue place before 7 days are up but if no places free will try all other rescues..in Archie's case they should find he'se chipped but worth not leaving any stone unturned.
Plumbers, electricians, transport companies, all council offices ie social sevices- childrens, elderly, disabled all health services, health visitors, midwives, gp surgeries, physios all these people are out and about going into people's homes.
- 2012-06-29 00:18 Amanja
- BTW - about a dozen schools have replied and said they will help, from putting the poster up on their notice board, to mentioning it to all the children, to one lovely headmistress who is going to ask her staff who live in the area to keep their eyes peeled for Archie.
While I'm away I'll have boring evenings with nothing to do, so think I will look for other groups of organisations to email. If anyone has any idea of types of companies/organisations to target, please let me know.
- 2012-06-29 00:14 Amanja
- Just read my earlier post and consider it looks a little 'stroppy'. Apologies if it came over that way - was trying to email whilst preparing dinner - never a good idea!
If anyone wants the school list (or the vets one) for future reference, please let me know.
I just wish I was closer and could do something practical.
Here's hoping for some resolution soon.
- 2012-06-28 23:38 Fluffylegs
- Amanja it looks as if your amazing school contact feat has covered the issues.well done and hope all goes well i the states.
- 2012-06-28 22:04 Sparkle
- Hi Cockerdoodledoo
Iv had cockers all my adult life and paid the amounts you stated but I was referring to the dodgy ones on line for a one year old dog they seem to go for £200-300. Dont worry im not buyinginto any of the photos only the info which is why I think its awful when you come across a dog with no papers etc
- 2012-06-28 21:40 Lucy's mum
- There is so much good stuff going on to try and find Archie but please post more if there are specific areas you want explored or help with. Happy to take instructions.
- 2012-06-28 20:34 Amanja
- Hi. I searched for postcodes within 10 miles of where Archie went missing, and then used the Ofsted report website to look for schools in those post codes. Although the report does state what age the schools' pupils are, I didn't make a note of that, although in many instances you could tell that from the name. I figured that whilst hitting the high schools was important, just spreading the word in general was an opportunity that shouldn't be missed. In the email, as well as asking the to publicise the fact Archie is lost, I did comment on the two boys with the lurchers and spaniel and state that we would like to find them to 'eliminate them from enquiries'!
I did keep a note of name, email address and phone number of each school I contacted. Being somewhat anal about this, I keep a spreadsheet of all organisations I email to help out with DogLost, so that going forward if another dog is lost in the same area, I just have to filter on the postcodes and don't have to look all the info up again.
I am in meetings all day tomorrow and then am away on business in the US until 19Jul, so realistically can't do any phoning around. However, if anyone wants a copy of the list of schools I emailed, I would be more than happy to pass it on.
- 2012-06-28 20:14 cockerdoodledoo
- Hi Sparkle ...A working cocker with a good pedigree and papers from a reputable breeder will sell for at least £500 in this area xxx If you see adds for as little as £200-300, I would be suspicious.... I know you can't tar everyone with the same brush xx, but with so many dogs being seemingly stolen, some un-neutered females (and I can't bear to think about this!) will inevitably be bred from ..and puppies sold, at a reduced rate...
Also remember when looking at ads.. don't rely on the picture posted with the ad (or the age given...if stolen, they won't know the age!) xx Don't rule anything out! xx Last edited: 2012-06-28 20:17:48 by cockerdoodledoo
- 2012-06-28 17:56 Daphnesmam
- called into caravan storage facilities today asked if they would be happy to put up archies poster told them the story so far and they going to spread the word, hopefully anyone getting their caravans in or out will see the poster and jog a memory or keep their eye's open while out on the road....also put posters up in Ellington shops, post office, also has the someone called in person to the dog shelters ? I know we said this on kip's search but you hear time and time again how lost dogs have been in there the whole time !! even tho owners have rang up to check x
- 2012-06-28 17:39 Fluffylegs
- Amanja Hi in ypour school lists wld u be able to identify secondary schools in the locality and colleges, to try and see if these lads can be identified. It wld be easier if someone up there cld do it as suggested as they wld know what the schools but everyone is very busy so I'll do it tomorrow if u can iddentify the schools. thanks
- 2012-06-28 17:11 Sophies Dad
- Amanja - No offence taken and brilliant work to have emailed everyone. I think I will try to update my list of schools in Northumberland and Newcastle areas just in case they are useful in the future to anyone. Good luck to everyone looking for Archie.
- 2012-06-28 15:43 Sparkle
- Just having a another search now online for Archie. Its soooo sad looking through quite clearly some dogs have been stolen as info says things like no paper work given with sale of dog and age apx 6yrs :-( . If anyone else is searching online remember to pay close attention to ads with no photo and that have gone online after the 22nd june
- 2012-06-28 15:30 Sparkle
- There are a few cocker spaniels for sale locally that are archies age. I only know because im keeping check to make sure he's not for sale online. 1year olds seems to be for sale between £200-300Last edited: 2012-06-28 15:32:24 by Sparkle
- 2012-06-28 15:25 Ailsa
- If Archie is insured it would be worth his owners checking if the insurance will put up money for a reward.
- 2012-06-28 15:23 Ailsa
- If at all possible I would suggest raising the amount of the reward. I would use the current price of a cocker spaniel puppy as the minimum reward to go for.My dog breed is not cocker spaniel but a quick google search brought up cocker spaniel puppies at £600 to £700 price mark. Perhaps a cocker spaniel person could indicate if that price range is about right?
- 2012-06-28 14:33 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- IF little Archie has been sold on perhaps the people who have bought him have paid alot of money for him and feel they will have lost out if they hand him back so are scared to hand him back in fear of repercussions for buying him in the 1st place if that makes sense ??? can an appeal go out for him to be returned stating that whatever was paid for him the buyer will get it back no questions asked ? I know its abit extreme given that he didn't belong to whoever sold him on to but if it gets him back will it not be worth it to try ??Last edited: 2012-06-28 14:34:47 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-28 14:30 Linz
- that why i said it only because my friends dog went missing we did door to door knocking and he was found in a house at the end of her street the person was scared to inform any1 incase she got into trouble.
- 2012-06-28 14:03 Fluffylegs
- 1.It looks as if the lads have been identified as teenagers or young men so go to seconday schoolor college OR just hang about OR work.
2.So has anyone been able to follow up my suggestion of physically making contact with the heads of the secondary schools or colleges in the area to ask them to make it clear to pupils that Archie is missing and the position young people may be in if they are looking after him and who they cld go to to discuss it.
3.ALSO for sightings has he been seen to be wearing collar and harness??
4.ASK AROUND AS TO WHETHER COLLAR AND HARNESS HAVE BEEN SEEN DUMPD ANYWHERE
5.DEFINITELY GO TO THE LURCHER SHOW, DOG PEOPLE WILL BE THERE, TAKE LOADS OF LEAFLETS AND PUT POSTERS UPAND HAND THEM OUT TO STALL HOLDERS AND PEOPLE AND ON CARS IN CAR PARKS
6.ARE YOU DOING A SPECIAL SEARCH DAY FOR ARCHIE GIVING IT PUBLICITY ETC??
7.Are you doing the scenting with the crates in the wooD HE WENT MISSING IN??
8.I'LL CONTACT THE COCKER RESCUE SITES. also 3 OF THE SPRINGER RESCUES HAVE OPEN DAYS OVER WEEKEND IN MACCLESFIELD AND BARNSLEY, with people coming from all over and also NESSR are having a fun day and a memorial for KIP....I'll put messages on spring thing site to get people to run off posters and take along.
ALSO AMANJA anychance of you e mailing all rscues and dog pounds and wardens about Archie in case he has been sold on. He's an entire male.
HAS ANYONE CONTACTED RAILTRACK AND COASTGUARDS AND HIGHWAYS AGENCY YET??
ALSO DOOR TO DORR KNOCKING WONT DO HARM IF YOU ARE CARRYING THE LEAFLET YOU CAN ALWAYS SAY Please can I leave this with you, thanks for your help etc
- 2012-06-28 14:01 Chocolate Hero
- thought of that 1 myself on the way home from a drive round. postered the beach car park at seaton seluce & spoke to the street cleaning team. Got to go to a funeral tomorrow so will be out of the area till sunday. Fingers crossed for good news when we get back.
Keep up the good work team Archie, hes out there somewhere!
- 2012-06-28 13:59 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- going with the postie idea Do they have a FREE paper that gets delivered around the area ?? we have one and there's usually other leaflets delivered inside it, just wondered if Archies poster/leaflet could be put inside the paper in the same way to or if paper boys could post leaflets with papers they deliver further afield if the newsagents allowed it x
- 2012-06-28 13:09 Sparkle
- Brill idea re the postie!
- 2012-06-28 12:51 kimberley66
- I'm uncertain whether or not this has been suggested but is it a possibility to contact Royal Mail to ask if the Postman that covers that estate keep their eyes open, also local window cleaner. I'm sorry if this has already been suggested.
- 2012-06-28 12:40 leamc
- thanks amanja great work & everybody else as well thanks so much..i still believe the best & most positive sighting was on thurs pm in choppington..the odd post on facebook..text msg & a phone call from a blocked number is all we have had to go on & too b fair no body has been 100% sure it was archie & surely if it was they would stop & pick him up not msh or ring hours later..so im sorry if the possible sightings have been vague but i am only passing on what i am being told via these ways.
Im not sure if we can really go door knocking around choppington i think nearly everybody around there no.s we r looking for arch and we really dont want folk to think we r accusing them??thanks again everybody for all your help think we do need to keep checking woods as well just in case.
- 2012-06-28 11:24 Amanja
- Quick update - have emailed 151 schools within a 10 mile radius of where Archie went missing. Have asked them to put the poster on school and staffroom notice boards, mention in assemblies, put in school news letters and place somewhere that parents can see. Hopefully some of them will do at least one of these!
Some of the vets have replied saying they will put posters up, oh and so has the first school. Fingers crossed.
Sophies Dad, sorry didn't mean to ignore your comment - got the info from the Ofsted site, quite manual, but easier than using the phone book and then looking up details on the websites. Last edited: 2012-06-28 11:25:47 by Amanja
- 2012-06-28 10:51 Labmadlady
- This morning I have walked the track behind the Keel Row then left along towards Newsham then back again the into and around the wooded area that leads to Double Row, nothing, I have told all the dog walkers i passed to keep an eye out. The crops in the fields are quite high now so if he was laying low in them he wouln't be spotted, did just stand watch and listen for a while but nothing :( hope he's found soon xx
- 2012-06-28 10:50 bazil
- I have been watching Archie's page everyday and you are all doing a wonderful job trying to find Archie and get him home safe.
Can I just point out that if the sighting of the 2 lads with Lurchers and a spaniel is positive then there are some possiblities.
1. The spaniel is their dog and they need to be found to rule out it is not Archie, someone somewhere will know them.
2. If it was Archie they had, they could have sold him on and this could be to anyone in or out the area.
3. Or they could still have him, and may keep him in a garage, house etc and only let him out at night into a garden or may have passed him on to someone else to hide him until the search dies off or it may be the reward money, waiting for it to go up????
I searched for months last year for missing cocker Meg ID 29387, NE61, the leads that got reported where similar, 1st possible sighting she was seen walking behind 2 lads coming off the beach the day after she went missing, then she was seen running along top of dunes between Cresswell and Lynemouth chasing a Jack Russell, also she was possibly involved in a RTA (checked with police, they say it was not her, the dog survived and was taken by said owner) and also a 90% positive sighting of her being seen on the beach at Lynemouth with 'people' collecting coal. I sat for days/nights watching 3 different people in different areas who possibly had her but sadly Meg was never found. Her owners live down South and I am 35 miles away so it was difficult to contine searching.
Because we now have all you brilliant people on doglost and a lot of you live local to this area, I am hopeful that you will be successful in finding Archie. Keep going, good luck xx
- 2012-06-28 10:18 Linz
- I agree with you Gypsy, but maybe another door to door enquiry is in need there maybe little bit which have been spotted that would make a full picture, its been a few days since the last door to door, we are going out tonight with our cairn terriers and terrier cross who follow scents. PLEASE IF ANYONE IF READING THIS WHO HAS SEEN A POSSIBLE WHERE ABOUT OF ARCHIE DON'T BE SCARED TO COME FORWARD YOU AREN'T IN TROUBLE!!
- 2012-06-28 01:45 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- is it worth taking a team to the Lurcher,Hound and Terrier show on Sunday in Morpeth, as mentioned by Central Bark in an earlier comment, if its not too far for people ?? Last edited: 2012-06-28 01:46:30 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-28 00:49 Sparkle
- Gypsy thats what im starting to think !
- 2012-06-28 00:43 Sparkle
- Cheryl this is not a huge estate . If they wanted to help and come forward to rule themselves out they would have. and remember if thats the case we arent looking for 2 mates with 2 lurchers, We would be looking for 2 mates with lurchers and a spaniel...... if they are not involved where are they and surely owning 3 dogs makes them that more known !Last edited: 2012-06-28 00:53:18 by Sparkle
- 2012-06-28 00:40 Gypsy
- If these are young men they may be keeping Archie somewhere without even their parents knowing about it. If we had descriptions of the two lads and the lurchers, it might have been more helpful. We could do with someone who has a bit of intelligence on this area..if you know what I mean.
Maybe they are waiting for the reward to go up.Last edited: 2012-06-28 00:41:59 by Gypsy
- 2012-06-28 00:31 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- is there a way of asking, by newspaper or poster/leaflet, that by way of elimination can the people that were seen coming out of the woods with the 2 lurchers on the day that Archie went missing, come forward or make contact by phone to prove the spaniel was theirs ??? and maybe offer some of the reward money for genuine information to see if that gets anymore talking, like they say money talks.Last edited: 2012-06-28 00:35:42 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-28 00:31 Sparkle
- I walked around the back of houses that back onto opens fields last sunday there were a few gardens with empty cages . cages big enough to keep lurchers in
- 2012-06-28 00:24 Gypsy
- I know what you mean Cheryl..you would think someone genuine would have come foward to clear that mystery up.
We need to make it easy for a third party to pass on info without any come back, because like you say these 'bloke's might have a reputation in the area and it might be that preventing someone with info coming forward. It is very frustrating but sometimes its a waiting game x
- 2012-06-28 00:19 Gypsy
- If these Lurcher owners keep their dogs elsewhere such as allotments etc then its possible they may be walking them in different areas and keeping a low profile. It is still possibe that Archie could have been passed/sold on and may be out of the immediate area. We need to stay open minded because we don't know for sure if information provided is genuine or accurate. For those of you who are going out looking after long shifts at work - you are amazing helpers! I'm sure we will get a positive lead soon..we just need to keep Archie's profile high x
- 2012-06-28 00:17 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- they were obviously referring to somebody by saying that. 'those blokes' are probably known by reputation and someone may give more detailed information but if its been well covered so be it. just can't stop thinking that they are maybe the ones that were seen carrying a spaniel out of the woods and if it was and they can prove the dog was theirs then thats that mystery solved and done with .
- 2012-06-28 00:13 lynseyb
- "the gate" is the council est in choppington near the travellers rest (I think it is) I really don't know it by any other name
Gypsy,I don't have a clue about eastgate and scotsgate I just thought it was all one area, it is only ever I place I drove through when living up in that area
- 2012-06-28 00:07 Sparkle
- Finished work at 11pm jumped in car drove to all entrances of choppington just incase little archie was hanging around. however afterwards i decided to have another late nite drive around eastgate and tonight there were several lads sitting in front gardens in the dark 'chatting' maybe this is the time they come out. 3 posters up nearer entrance near school but didnt see any at bottom end. not that posters will make any difference down there now cant be a single person that doesnt know we want answers. Poor lurchers must be climbing the walls by now to hav a walk !
- 2012-06-28 00:01 Gypsy
- I assumed the 'gate' was the eastgate or Scotsgate area but as you've lived there lynseyb, you are probably right. These areas have been well covered and 'blokes' is pretty non descript so there isn't really anything to follow up.
I know I have been doing things behind the scenes and I'm sure others have - if its quiet on here its probably because helpers are trying to be careful about what they post.
ARCHIE'S OWNERS...stay positive and don't give up, I know its difficult but we WILL get Archie home xxxx
IF YOU HAVE ARCHIE AND YOU'RE READING THIS ..PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING AND RETURN ARCHIE. COLLECT YOUR REWARD..THERE WILL BE NO QUESTIONS ASKED..EVERYTHING WILL BE HANDLED WITH THE UPMOST CONFIDENCE...WE JUST WANT ARCHIE HOME WITH HIS FAMILY...THANKS.
- 2012-06-27 23:52 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- was just wondering lynseyb if anyone had taken notice of it and followed it up by speaking to 'any bloke' that lives down the gate to try to ascertain who these people were referring to, earlier comments have said that people on this estate when approached have been helpful maybe another visit to show that Team Archie are still around and about and have not stopped searching in this area until Archie is found may prompt someone to speak up ?
- 2012-06-27 23:41 lynseyb
- I pasted that comment from Facebook, unfortunately the link is invalid as the "admin" of the selling page removed all posts....i think that it was in general when she was out and about that was info she was given....i haven't lived in the area for quite a few years now but I assume that the "gate" is still labelled as the "bad" area and folk will talk eventually.....sorry I can't help more
- 2012-06-27 23:27 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- also can I ask did the following comment made on the 23rd get followed up by anyone
'Kay Thornton mentions in above link that she spoke to couple of people today who both said it would be "those blokes" down the gate' ??
- 2012-06-27 23:20 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- when people are ringing with possible sightings can you take their name and number if they decline to do so ask why ?? seems theres been quite a few possible sightings taking searchers away from the initial area where Archie went missing ??? and again people seeing dogs and not stopping to investigate when they obviously know a dog is missing of that colour and description to report seeing it in the 1st place very frustrating !!!
- 2012-06-27 22:35 Fluffylegs
- So looks as if the lads arent trackable through local schools so need to contact secondary schools and colleges to get the message out to the students that they can talk to someone at school if they have seen or found Archie but he is microchipped and it is an offence not to contact the dog warden if they have found a dog but if they can help by remembering something about Archie this would be seen as really helpful. If all leads and worries are followed up logically,it can clarify or confirm concerns...is there anyone up there who knows secondary schools and local colleges who could contact the heads there cant be more than 4???better done locally for follow action.
Also can you manly blokes get ino the pubs and ask about??
- 2012-06-27 22:10 michael_w
- All pubs, clubs, takeaways and shops that are open have been postered tonight in Delaval, New Hartley and Holywell. Also posted through vets and pet shop doors. Will get some more printed and get more shops, doctors etc done tomorrow after work when they're open.
- 2012-06-27 21:13 Chocolate Hero
- No luck around there like Micheal_W says most likely headed off the road there. we checked round the main roads & the road to cramlington too. if get any more news i can go out 1st thing in morning.
- 2012-06-27 20:44 michael_w
- Just walked from Holywell up to the Laverock Hall Road and back (via the Keel Row),nothing and no-one i spoke to has seen anything. Had a good look through the woods next to the Keel Row also. If this sighting was Archie and he was heading towards Delaval, i would be surprised if he carried on that way. The way the roundabouts are set up on that road he is more likely to have been diverted down Wheatfields and into the fields or Double Row and down into Hartley. I'm gonna have a drive down to New Hartley now and have a nosy about. Will stop at pubs and shops on the way in case any have been missed with posters.
Well done to whoever was postering around that way already.....they were everywhere i looked!
- 2012-06-27 20:41 leamc
- advert is in news post leader pg 39 i have just seen it..
- 2012-06-27 20:39 leamc
- yes find archie facebook page...owners have been to delaval no sign they have put the word out & postered around keel row area..
fluffylegs msg off the lad who thought he saw archie with 2 lads aged appeox 15-16 and 2 lurchers 1 sandy coloured..( i think its hard to judge peoples ages tho but thats what he thought)
- 2012-06-27 20:36 Sparkle
- 2012-06-27 20:11 Chocolate Hero
- were 5 mins away from seaton delaval, ill pop up there now to check.
- 2012-06-27 19:47 4cavaliers
- Hi, Does Archie have a facebook page?
- 2012-06-27 19:39 ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator, Bedfordshire
- Bumping- another possible sighting.Phone call off a lady called Judith informed me when she was driving past the keel row pub heading towards seatin delaval a dog like Archie was running along the rd heading towards seaton delaval..Last edited: 2012-06-27 19:41:42 by ESSJ - Area Co-ordinator, Bedfordshire
- 2012-06-27 19:35 Sparkle
- Fluffylegs I think these lads were at least young men. They had two lurchers with them
- 2012-06-27 19:31 Fluffylegs
- Hi Jesw...yes contact as many orgs as poss..coastguards local radio as they traffic alerts and maybe you cld persuade them to ask people to look out for Archie as they drive around as much as its safe to do so.
Has anyone confirmed the age of the children who allegedly had Archie, were they school children as Heads could be contacted and they will know their pupils and maybe cld have chats to the kids/ask parents if children have a new dog or if older kids do they get the bus to secondary school further out??
Do hope you find him soon. What abt going into pubs and asking
Do hope you find Archie soon AARE YOU GOING TO TRY THE SCENTING AND USE THE DOG CAGES IN THE WOOD?
- 2012-06-27 19:00 michael_w
- I live in Delaval, will go out now and have a look around....
- 2012-06-27 18:51 Sue
- I'm in Killingworth and going out with my dog now. I'll head towards Deleval so I'll keep an eye out. Let me know if I can do anything else. Hope he's home soon x
- 2012-06-27 18:09 whinny
- MESSAGE ON ARCHIE'S FB PAGE :-
Phone call off a lady called Judith informed me when she was driving past the keel row pub heading towards seatin delaval a dog like Archie was running along the rd heading towards seaton delaval..I asked of je had collar or harness but she couldn't remember..she had blocked her no so I can't get back in touch with her?ive informed the owners & they r driving over now to ask about & poster the area..I really think we need to poster further a field now?any suggestions anybody?I'm thinking if he is still out there & further a field where nobody no.s him..so defo up for suggestions of areas to poster?
- 2012-06-27 17:12 Sparkle
- Hi Archies owner Sorry we didnt get Archie back for you returning from holiday but we wont give up.Defo agree about speading the word further afield but still think we need to continue hounding choppington just incase he is still there.Like Cheryl says we need to still make our presense known maybe someone will tell eventually! Plus we should still watch the woods just in case he is put back into them.Hope people have been still checking gumtree, pets at home etc incase he's been put online Bx
- 2012-06-27 16:42 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- also I have mentioned it before and I still think its a good idea what about getting local Guide groups, Scout groups, Army, Sea, Air, Police Cadets involved??
- 2012-06-27 16:19 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- Afternoon just clicked on hoping to see good news about Archie but see nothings changed :( would do this myself if I lived nearer but if anyone local to Linton can walk around the streets with leaflets/posters and ask everyone they meet if they have seen Archie, go armed with pen and paper ready to take down any information and contact details and another team thats local to Choppington woods where he went missing can do the same around there. I just think people looking for Archie need to make their presence known and show that until this lad is found there will always be people out there looking in all the areas they can around where Archie lives until hopefully someone comes forward x
Last edited: 2012-06-27 16:24:34 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-27 16:16 jesw
- Hi it's Archies owner here, having problems getting to laptop at the minute so posting on someone elses computer.
First of all thankyou for everything you have done and are doing to help get our Archie back. Not sure where to go from here at the minute. We feel like Archie isn't in the woods we have every local dogwalker there daily looking and listening out for anything. We think it's more likely that someone has him and has possibly sold him on. We have exhausted every possibility in choppington and Linton and he isn't there. If he has been sold on we think it could be further afield so just trying to get the word of archie as far as possible in the hope that he is handed in. If people can continue to put posters up and email local companies, vets and the likes we would be extremely grateful. Also if anybody knows people involved in shoots could you contact them and any dog breeders who could spread the word.
As new leads come to us we will update on here and Archies page and if anyone is available to search please do, we want our Archie dog back home with his family x
- 2012-06-27 15:50 Linz
- i have informed Pet Carers they do loads of dog walking around that are so there going to keep there eyes pealed and ask around, also if a search is being arranged for weekend i will be happy to help just post details and i will help. x
- 2012-06-27 15:42 leamc
- thanks v much amanja for doing all that & everybody else for all your help..central bark thats a good idea..spread the word where ever we can..
rang dog warden re dog found near bebside at blyth..at that point he hadnt picked a dog up..the only details i have r from a post on find archie page
- 2012-06-27 15:12 Central Bark
- Hi We are attending the Lurcher, Hound and Terrier show in Meldon, Morpeth on Sunday if no news by then we will put up posters/leaflets and put leaflets into all the bags we hand out. Fingers crossed we won't need to.
- 2012-06-27 14:19 Sophies Dad
- Amanja - have you got a list of schools I wonder or are you compiling a list from a phone book or somewhere else. If necessary I will approach a contact for a list if that helps. Sorry, I can't be of more help in this search at the moment and I hope Archie is found really soon. Hopefully, I will be able to get out and about next week if he isn't home by then.
- 2012-06-27 14:15 michael_w
- Have posted on Archie's facebook page to ask owner to visit doglost again re advice below....
- 2012-06-27 13:47 Fluffylegs
- wow well done. Im sure that will help!!!!
ARCHIE SEARCHERS IN THE AREA please see reply from Jayne from DOG LOST re searching in a triangle and who to contact. As I am not local please could someone up there do this....ie contact sherlock bones for the helpful advice. Great...please post on here if done...Thanks again..
- 2012-06-27 13:40 Amanja
- Fluffylegs - Yes, working with a 30 mile radius, emailed 56 vets directly. Used website contact forms to send details to another 14 and have a further 17 where I could not find an email address, but they have facebook pages, so am going to contact them that way. I can't use FB from work, so will do that at home this evening.
Am compiling schools today, in the same radius. Will get them out tonight, with any luck. If not, am off work tomorrow so will get them out first thing in the morning.Last edited: 2012-06-27 13:42:48 by Amanja
- 2012-06-27 13:31 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Tx Fluffylegs...for triangular theory...our expert is Sherlockbones..just email admin and put as subject att Sherlock...and leave your number and she can ring you..or email you back...she is the best at this.
- 2012-06-27 11:41 Fluffylegs
- AMANJA did you get any e mailing done?
CRATE AND SCENTING - YOU WILL NEED GUIDANCE WITH THIS, DOG WARDEN/CYNTHIA FROM NESSR WILL HELP WITH HOW AND ALSO DOG LOST. I'd advocate that if done it needs a dedicated person to be not far away, in car or wherever and not leave crate virtually unattended for any time. as its a public place. Here it hs been done in private fields so no risk of the public around...thats just my view.
Has a mass search for Archie been organized for the weekend with owners..maybe call it.....ACTION 4 ARCHIE
If doing this a PLAN needs to be made ie
1. Decide to have the mass search
2. Decide on time ie 10.00-4.00
3. Meeting place
4. People set off then re meet at say 12 to debrief, fo off again
5. Not everyone in same area. agree who is going where
6. Plan of Archie is found
7.Take high value treats and spareslip lead and mobile phone
8. Advice if he's sighted, dont call out. sit quietly and put food down, be quiet and gentle text others.
9. Owners to try and scent the night before
10.Get Dog warden on board
11. If taking dogs and children ne need to be silent but avoid loud shrieking, low gentle chatter is ok as if he hears familiar voices may come out or be hiding near
12. Get local press involved
13. Has anyone yet done the triangle thing and still not clear as to what exactly happened when Aarchie went off. It would help to know what happened on the day Archie went missing from the moment he left the house to the moment he disappeared and what sort of harness was he wearing, what sort of clips or was it velcro, colour...sorry if I have missed this !
Sorry to be bossy, well know for it.
good luck ...archie has lots of lovely people looking for him
- 2012-06-27 00:31 Sparkle
- Keep up the good work DaveMLast edited: 2012-06-27 12:45:48 by Sparkle
- 2012-06-27 00:21 DaveM
- Been out again tonight all around Choppington and Barrington area. Sadly nothing.
- 2012-06-27 00:12 Sparkle
- .Last edited: 2012-06-27 09:54:35 by Sparkle
- 2012-06-26 23:16 Sylvia
- COME ON, WE CAN DO IT! DON'T BE DISHEARTENED, HE IS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.
Searched more woodland (across the road from the old tip entrance) this afternoon with Marny. Interesting that Archie still has his bits - we had a bitch in season with us, and no sign of him. We can take her out again if we get another sighting.
CAN'T EMPHASISE ENOUGH THAT IF YOU GET A SIGHTING, PLEASE GET THE CONTACT DETAILS FOR THE PERSON WHO SAE SOMETHING - YOU INVARIABLY NEED TO ASK THEM MORE QUESTIONS. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR THE FIRST-HAND ACCOUNT.
- 2012-06-26 22:58 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- the info in an earlier comment that was taken from FB said that the sighting was at 09.00 AM this morning and they think it was made by a lady who works in a school? need to be more precise with times and places and ask whoever calls with a sighting, if it is at all possible, to try and follow and get closer to the dog ??
- 2012-06-26 22:44 mjky73
- I don't know Ashington at all unfortunately but its good to hear you've seen posters up. So hope the reports are right.
- 2012-06-26 22:30 leamc
- also i was in lnton about 2pm nd saw 1 poster on a lampost
- 2012-06-26 22:28 leamc
- arch still has his bits,,,the sighting that was ment to b in ash this morning was actually last night now that ive had it confirmed..a man thought he saw him in the high market area of ash,,havent got a time or anything..not much to go on..ive also just read a post on face book poss sighting in haydon rd area of ash which is the estate opp doves i think??
- 2012-06-26 22:11 mjky73
- I am concerned about there being posters and now none. Has Archie been castrated??? If not then its definitely looking suspicious. Have the police been informed? Depends who you speak to tho as some will take it seriously others may not.
- 2012-06-26 21:54 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- just a thought given the time and area of the possible sighting this morning, is anyone able to be around that area about same time tomorrow ??
- 2012-06-26 20:52 bigdavesdad
- Will be away in London next two days but hope it's good news when I get back-had the gang out Bothal and Pegswood way and Ashington end of Pegswood straight tonight-keep goin all and as usual you are all doing a fantastic job
- 2012-06-26 20:44 vizslagirl
- if someone has archie they cant keep him hidden forever.
- 2012-06-26 20:28 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Well done team Archie...
- 2012-06-26 20:12 b1tc403
- ive been out with my dogs 2 hrs today at qe park , nothing
- 2012-06-26 20:05 Sparkle
- Spent all day since 2pm searching woods at ash. just back from last stint. put some posters up where i found areas had none tho i must say this area is now covered in posters. Defo lurcher territory as someone mentioned earlier as saw plenty lads with them near asda. personally i will search & search but in my heart i feel little archie is in choppington but not in the woodsLast edited: 2012-06-26 20:07:19 by Sparkle
- 2012-06-26 19:53 jesw
- Archie is a working cocker in breed only, he hasn't been worked or had anything to do with hunting etc.
I agree with lucy's mum everybody whos been spoken to in the areas has been concerned about archie and very helpful.
- 2012-06-26 19:13 DaveM
- I was in the woods for a good few hours last night. then went round Eastgate? estate asking lads and people hanging around no-one had any info I explained that there was a good reward.
CAN I ASK IS HE A WORKING COCKER ie does he go to shoots, like to hunt through bushes and retrieve game? I ask this as there was no birds being flushed last night and on Sunday there was clay pigeon shooting at Bebside would the gun noise have attracted him?
- 2012-06-26 18:25 gefrin
- I've postered top end of ashington, along ellington rd, the entrances to the dog walks into the woods along side the tip, and will go put some up in Linton as well
- 2012-06-26 18:09 Fluffylegs
- Woiuld suggest you re poster Linton and do a house to house..people just pull them down as they see it as an invasion of their territory but as you say may also because the pullers down have Little Archie. On the other hand I stick them everywhere in my village and my neighbour who was chair of parish council said he didnt know why I put them up as they all just follow me nd take them down!!!!!!!
But just go back. Letterboxes , lampposts and if village shop may be worth discreetly asking why they think they may have come down. Dont be deterrd although a pain when you have spent the time once and cld be doing something else for Archie.
- 2012-06-26 17:57 Sparkle
- Is choppington still being searched tonight or is everyone heading to ash ? Not sure where to cover ?
- 2012-06-26 17:53 Daphnesmam
- Sorry if spoke out of turn but I walked around house's in Linton today hand on heart did not see any posters. sorry should have said where I walked maybe would have helped...
- 2012-06-26 17:35 mflbcbb
- Is there a specific area you would like me to look tonight Last edited: 2012-06-26 19:19:55 by mflbcbb
- 2012-06-26 17:25 Lucy's mum
- My apologies but I selected the wrong button and have submitted my previous comment for moderation. My comment was as follows:
We need to remember that the most important thing is to get Archie home safe and sound and I am concerned that some of the postings and implications may prevent otherwise innocent people from coming forward for fear of being labelled a criminal. If anyone has Archie and is reading this please just bring him home safely and claim your reward.
- 2012-06-26 17:14 Lucy's mum
- 2012-06-26 16:41 Didothepbgv
- RT from Radio Northumberland, community radio station.
- 2012-06-26 16:34 Linz
- Daphnesmam has been to linton and there was no poster up today whne she was there!!
can't understand why the posters would have been took down unless someone is hiding somethingLast edited: 2012-06-26 16:55:04 by Linz
- 2012-06-26 16:30 Sparkle
- Last nite there were posters on telegragh poles and in local shop window in linton 6pm last nite. linz are they defo not there now?
- 2012-06-26 16:11 Linz
- Maybe linton should be poster and leaflet dropped again definatly suspicious when there were loads there and none now, i would go but can't drive. x
- 2012-06-26 16:00 Jl
- Linton defo was covered in posters on Sunday, I stuck them up!
- 2012-06-26 15:53 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- Linton could still be the area to keep watching. could be that they were out walking Archie this morning hoping no one would spot him and if there are no posters out in Linton I agree where are they?? have they been taken down like the ones taken down by those kids put up in the eastgate estate !?
Last edited: 2012-06-26 15:57:06 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-26 15:35 Daphnesmam
- Theres woods running along the morpeth/pegswood rd acsessed via the rear of the pines care home or the longhirst rd turn off, also wooded area at the back off longhirst opencast again acsess via the rear pines care home. Theres a vast area of woods at the back of Ashingtons rugby club with numerous acsess points (this is an area used frequently by dog lads ! ) this area continues on to the wooded/walking area rear of Ashingtons police station and then on to QE2... I'm local to the top end of Ashington so if anyone needs any help with directions etc feel free to ask, been out and walked the 2 smallest woods unfortunately nothing.
I was in Linton today didn't see any posters up, I maybe wrong but was on the understanding this area had been covered, if so where are they ???
- 2012-06-26 15:29 mflbcbb
- We are out at moor shafts cottages end..... ie nearest Linton
- 2012-06-26 15:25 Linz
- the top end of ashington is head towards the hospital area past maxwells, hope archie is found today, i couldnt help today but if help is needed tomorrow let me know what area it is needed in!! was guna put some posters up around stobhill shops but the poster link wont open for me. x
- 2012-06-26 15:02 Sparkle
- These woods are so near to linton could it be if someone did hav him up there they realised archie was too hot to handle and decided to leav him in those woods early this morn ????? Just a thought but defo possible. iv been around part of the woods and the industrial estate that backs onto wood but nothing so far
- 2012-06-26 15:02 leamc
- I agree we need to poster as much of ash as poss!the woods over there r v much like choppington woods & lead to various diff places..the msg I got was top end of ash & they presumed woodhorn way qe2 I'm still waiting on a def for exact spot!! I will update when I get that info thanks so much everybody for all your help
- 2012-06-26 14:57 jens74
- copied from PM from Find Archie (1450hrs):-
Can't find out, think the lady works in a school so not replying. I'll get Leanne to post on doglost when she finds out, I've driven round Ashington but there are so many wooded areas. Gonna try and get back down and poster there after school run, if anyone on doglost can help with postering that would be good.xLast edited: 2012-06-26 15:01:27 by jens74
- 2012-06-26 14:42 jens74
- FB report:- the sighting was at 9am this morning! Still worth looking in the area?
- 2012-06-26 14:38 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- COME ON TEAM ARCHIE !!! REALLY HOPE YOU FIND HIM TODAY XX
Last edited: 2012-06-26 14:50:38 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-26 14:29 Goldenfrodo
- Bumped due to possible sighting, Stay safe Archie until you are safely back with your family xx
- 2012-06-26 14:04 jens74
- Sparkle... I would head up that way and you'll probably meet other people up there. People on fb page are heading towards maxwells, while further info is waited on.
- 2012-06-26 13:59 Sparkle
- Someone has told me top end of ash is near maxwells but still could mean number of areas. can someone pls find out which part of woods? ie was it near where old Tip used to be?
- 2012-06-26 13:57 Sparkle
- Archie is about to drop of the front page of lost dogs can someone do something to get him back to the top please. Ie an update on his profile . Im sure this worked for KIPs page. Thank youLast edited: 2012-06-26 13:57:45 by Sparkle
- 2012-06-26 13:53 jens74
- RE:- POSSIBLE SIGHTING
Report on fb that top end means near maxwells and aldi, the woods behind there... hope this helps people, I'm not from the area so can't help any more than that. Fingers crossed.xLast edited: 2012-06-26 13:59:03 by jens74
- 2012-06-26 13:47 jens74
- That's all the info that's on the FB page at the moment.
- 2012-06-26 13:47 bazil
- I have posted this possible sighting of Archie to KIP's Group FB page, hopefully lots of people in the area who can get to the woods quickly. good luck everyone who is out searching x
- 2012-06-26 13:43 Sparkle
- Can be in ashington in 10mins please can i have more details on location
- 2012-06-26 13:29 jens74
- POSSIBLE SIGHTING.... COPIED FROM ARCHIES FB PAGE, POSTED APPROX 1310HRS 26-06-12
FIND ARCHIE Off out to search for Alfie in Ashington...someone spotted a light coloured dog running round woods at top end?not sure on exact location as yet. If people in that area can keep their eyes open. WE NEED HIM HOMELast edited: 2012-06-26 13:32:10 by jens74
- 2012-06-26 12:51 Sue Huntley
- Of course I meant woodhorn. Predictive text sorry
- 2012-06-26 12:44 Sue Huntley
- Also the night carp fishing guys at QE2
- 2012-06-26 12:41 Sue Huntley
- I know someone with an allotment at woodworm. I'll get him to spread the word. Lots of lurchers kept there by the way
- 2012-06-26 12:38 bjoyce23
- LEAMC - In Fluffylegs post at 20.23 she suggested the use of a trap with the scenting, Cynthia at NESSR (http://www.nessr.net/) has posted on the Doglost FB page that she has 2 traps available if anyone needs them. The idea being that with the scenting you would put out the traps with something that Archie would associate with home/safety in the trap, he goes in and then can't get out until someone gets him out. If these are used, they MUST be checked at least twice a day, ideally more and should have food and water in. They need to be put somewhere out of sight of passers by in case someone decides they don't like the idea of a trap and vandalizes it, but also attach a note with a contact number in case a well meaning passer by see's it and there is something in it.
- 2012-06-26 12:26 michael_w
- Re crate - we're referring to a post on the doglost north east facebook page from Cynthia at NESSR, explaining that she has 2 traps available if they are ever needed.
Her contact details are on the post found at - http://www.facebook.com/groups/375368903024/
or you can get them from the NESSR website - http://www.nessr.net/
give her a call (or pass details onto owner), she'll be able to advise if she thinks they would be useful in this situation or not and i'm sure that she'll be happy to help if she can.
- 2012-06-26 11:38 leamc
- The lad who rang about the 2 lads just said 2 young lads..there's posters up outside the local schools & some in the class rooms in the local middle school..what's this about a crate?not sure what it is?
- 2012-06-26 11:35 leamc
- Owners return today & I will get them on here as soon as poss!!is anybody available to poster queen elizabeth 2 at ash the big lake near woodhorn grange & the woods near mcdonalds at ash..or even just spread the word over that way?had phone call that spaniel was seen running around woodhorn end of ash I'm presuming they mean the qe2?anybody any other idea where this could b?I've just been over to the qe2 lake spoke to couple of blokes who hadn't seen anything but would keep a look out..unfortunately didn't have any posters on me & had to get back to get my boys from school
- 2012-06-26 11:35 michael_w
- Sylvie - https://www.facebook.com/findarchiedog#!/findarchiedog - I messaged the admin this morning to see if they could put the doglost link on the page for any sightings/info etc...
- 2012-06-26 11:24 Sylvie
- Can't find Archie on fb. Could someone please direct me.
- 2012-06-26 11:13 Fluffylegs
- I'd just crack on you can always put in the e mail STILL MISSING, so wont matter if duplicated also if you have time all local RESCUES.They should check microchip but it has been known for this not to happen.
All ther people from afar can do this type of task whilst locals are physically searching, a real joint effort.
PLEASE COULD SOMEONE POST ON HERE IF CYNTHIA'S CRATE OFFER IS BEING TAKEN UP , HOPEFULLY BY OWNERS AND THEY KNOW WHERE TO LOCATE HER AT NESSR.
Little Archie stay safe and be found soon.
ANY DETAILS AVAILABLE OF POSS AGE OF LADS WHO MAY HAVE CARRIED ARCHIE OUT OF WOODS WITH THEIR LURCHERS?????THIS WOULD DETERMINE TYPE OF SCHOOL ATTENDED ETC.
In this type of locality house to house leafletting is good as you see people as you're doing it. EVEN HIGHLIGHTING DOG WARDENS NUMBER IN YELLOW IS GOOD.
IF OWNERS CLD UPDATE AND ADD A NUMBER THIS WLD ALSO BE GOOD!!!!!
- 2012-06-26 10:38 Amanja
- Hi, I'm in Hampshire, so not able to help with a physical search and work during the day, so can't help much with calling. However, have a pc and internet, so more than happy to help out with emailing, which I can do from home in the evening.
I can take the task Fluffylegs suggests re emailing schools, could also do vets in say a 25 to 30 mile radius (so a bigger radius than the local vets that have already been contacted).
If anyone has already done this, or there is something else it would be better for me to do, please let me know, otherwise I'll work on it this evening.
Good luck in your search. He looks like a real little cracker!Last edited: 2012-06-26 10:39:50 by Amanja
- 2012-06-26 08:49 mflbcbb
- In woods unfortunately no sign. Is there an area you need searched this afternoon. Can go anywhere you would like
- 2012-06-26 08:48 mflbcbb
- Was out Sunday with Sylvia.
- 2012-06-26 06:43 acarr
- There was a girl from bedlington that had bloodhounds who offered to use them in the search for kip but they already had someone. I could try and get her details if you want
- 2012-06-26 06:39 acarr
- Hi, another team kip member. I did go out at weekend I spoke to leamc on Saturday. I am backing you guys all the way but devastated I can't help, a medical condition is playing up at minute stopping me from doing anything, hopefully by time I'm back on my feet Archie will be safely tucked up at home getting lots of love and cuddles. Poor soles I bet their holidays were miserable xxx come on Archie show yourself xxx
- 2012-06-25 23:59 cockerdoodledoo
- Again, too far to be of use on a practical level - but thinking of you all, and checking in for updates and have everything crossed for Archies safe return. Again Fluffylegs has given some sound advice, I'm sure when his owners are back tomorrow they can use this advice to give them a plan of action... and that you will get lots of helpers on board. xx Good luck xxx
- 2012-06-25 23:42 Harleysmum
- Sorry and sad I can't be of any practical use, but all cocker paws crossed down here in south London that Archie will be back home where he belongs safe & very soon
- 2012-06-25 23:38 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- Good luck Team Archie!hope you find him soon! x
- 2012-06-25 23:00 Sparkle
- Big thanks to Michael and his lovely spaniel for searching for so long hope u didnt travel too far! The railway line is still in use. come on team Archie youve gone very quiet tonight xLast edited: 2012-06-25 23:00:27 by Sparkle
- 2012-06-25 22:31 b1tc403
- lets hope he comes home for his owners ,
- 2012-06-25 22:21 michael_w
- I'm not from the area so not very familiar, however sticking with the thoughts that Archie may still be in the woods and having just been to the woods for the first time tonight and spent a couple of hours mooching about, i would agree that scenting should be high on the list and take Cynthia up on her kind offer of traps .....the area consists of a lot of fairly dense woods and ditches, surrounded by fields with plenty of long grass. You could very easily walk within a few feet of a dog that didnt want to be seen and not notice them. It's also criss-crossed with paths and cut throughs, i very easily lost my barings after about 10 minutes of cutting through hedgerows and brambles. But once i was back on the main path it took me no time at all to walk through to Scotland Gate (A couple of shops on the main street, but nothing that jumped out at me as being smelly). There is a railway to the South of the woods, but i dont know if this is in use, so it may also be worth speaking with the rail network. Also, to the west is all farmland so i would make sure the farmers in the area are aware if it hasnt already been done.
Fluffylegs - I dont know the owners but Sparkle kindly showed me to the spot where Archie was last seen, only a few hundred yards into the woods (Google maps cordinates - 55.157665,-1.620376 - just copy and paste into search box). And while i'm on with maps, Linton is at 55.213919,-1.589606.
Very encouraging to see so many posters up in the woods and the surrounding villages and almost everyone i saw was either looking for Archie or was well aware that he was lost. Hopefully not long till we get a positive sighting or lead for the little fella to give us a clue!Last edited: 2012-06-25 22:22:08 by michael_w
- 2012-06-25 22:06 leamc
- The witness who thought he saw Archie being carried out if the woods rang myself on fri night..he said he's driven over a couple of nights at about the same time..but hadn't seen the lads again..1 of the lurchers was apparently sandy in colour but that was all he could tell me...
The owners r home from Hol tomorrow so I will b showing her how helpful everybody is being in the search to find Archie..was hoping we might of had him home for then returning as we have 2 heartbroken little lads!!
- 2012-06-25 20:56 bjoyce23
- Cynthia at NESSR has posted on doglost fb group that she has 2 traps that people can use if needed. It may be worth getting in touch with her to have them ready for when the owners return and can do the scenting.
- 2012-06-25 20:53 Sparkle
- Been to Linton tonight as had to remind myself just how small it is. Archie posters everywhere . Archie simply can not be in Linton its so small someone would have come forward by now. Theres plenty of local people in linton watching out id waste no more time up there. Ended my search tonight in choppington woods covering the exact stop archie was last seen. Plenty of people out searching which is great but has anyone come across these local lads with their lurchers? I already know the answer its no......why i wonder ? when i bumped into archies grandparents on saturday they told me someone had seen the lads with a spaniel in arms and two lurchers Does anyone know who this witness of lads was ????Maybe he/she mite be able to help moreLast edited: 2012-06-25 20:56:06 by Sparkle
- 2012-06-25 20:23 Fluffylegs
- jesw and everyone re SCENTING. SORRY DIDNT REALIZE OWNERS AWAY.
JESW and everyone, didnt realize owners away.
Scenting will need to be done by them taking out old smelly socks, underwear, hooverdust and try and lay a tral from where he was last seen to say the car park. Its not clear from info whether he was walked there or taken by car. if by car car park will be his known spot. If walked he will try and find the route.
If you know where he went off people need to work in a triangle. DOG LOST produce info on this!!!He will come out at dawn and search for food.are there rubbish bins where food may be dropped into. Any caffs near, houses...he may follow someone with dogs in the hopes of being lead to food.
How far is the area from gardens.
I have looked up ;ocal website and there are localpeople officially involved with choppington wood, school learning parties go there, there may be a warden. Amaway from home til early tomorrow, as owners are away I will make contact tomorrow with the people involved in this woodland.
Linton was mentioned but I cant find it on the map.
Has the local dog warden been contacted for help and advice, they may help to set up a trap.
I can see its a bit difficult as owners not available to co-ordinate,
1.Contact all local rescues and dog pounds- who can do this
2. Contact Dog warden for info on scenting, traps etc
3.Request from Dog Lost the info on scenting and how lost dogs behave...each one of you can do this in your own right
4. e mail schools with attachment of dog lost poster asking to make it known in the school and has anyone seen Archie and request mums at school gate be asked....
WHO IS A COMPUTER WIZZ AND NOT CLOSE BY TO SEARCH THAT CAN DO THIS...gets schools from internet or go into northumberland county council school and look on map to see which are close
5.Please could someone post on here the spot that Archie actually went missing from and whether he was walked to the are or went by car.
6. In your hunt in the area he went missing look for flattened grass or brambles as he will sleep by dark
7. Is there a visitor centre in the wood or similar
8. when owners get back work with dog warden to set up safe barbecue for the sossiz smells but searcher can carry this sort of smelly treat, dried tripe, anything stinky and yummy.
9. Could someone contact the Highways agency and local council refuse collection section to ensure , we have to say this, he has not been found and they will know when he is. Highways agency deal with M ways and major roads, you ust say what area. Council will check microchip with Dog warden
when are owners back????
Sorry have to go now long journey will clock in again about 2am and 8am good luck and well done
I HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL,ITS WHAT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE AND JESS AND RUBY BOTH WENT OFF IN SIMILAR TERRAIN AND WERE FOUND WITHIN A WEEK.
Dont lose site of the other possibilities
- 2012-06-25 19:20 Chocolate Hero
- i went searching between 12-2 in the woods. good that got a last seen point as i didnt really know where to start. got in some of the wilder bits too. No luck. Is there going to be a meet up and search? Im free to help most of the week.
- 2012-06-25 18:39 bigdavesdad
- Been out around Pegswood and the Bypass down to the woods at Bothal today with Big Dave and the clan-good to see all the posters of Archie covering the area-carry on the good work all
- 2012-06-25 17:56 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- ps tx River lady for tweeting and Nik for the story sent to the paper...
- 2012-06-25 17:54 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Well done team Archie...
- 2012-06-25 17:40 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- Circulating on twitter after @Laurajaynemoore tweeted Archies photos.
- 2012-06-25 16:57 michael_w
- Excellent, thanks Sparkle, makes perfect sense and i've found the tub on street view. Lets hope he's home soon!
- 2012-06-25 16:39 Sparkle
- Michael shud hav said colliery tub is about a minutes drive from guidepost roundabout. On left handside ul pass an estate called the pastures its just a few fields along
- 2012-06-25 16:33 Sparkle
- Michael you need to get to morpeth road (the road from queens head guidepost to morpeth).from guidepost on the left hand side there is a colliery tub where a inlet is and an entrance to the woods its very over grown at the mo but youll spot it. following the path ul come to an area with rows of trees. keep going straight forward. You will come to a sudden dip will probs be very muddy at the mo. this is where archie was last seen . hope this makes sense
- 2012-06-25 15:10 michael_w
- Although i think everyone is making a fantastic effort following up leads/sightings, I do agree with Fluffylegs that we shouldn't rule out that Archie may still be somewhere in the woods where he was last seen or close by. I have a few hours spare this evening and i'm happy to get out searching but can someone please help me with pinpointing the area that he was when he went missing, as i'm struggling to get my barings and there is a lot of woodland in that area.....
- 2012-06-25 14:41 johunter64
- I live just off the Spine Road at Bebside and often walk our dog around the industrial estate near where the small dog was spotted yesterday. As soon as my daughter gets home from school I'll take a good look around the estate and take a spare lead with us just in case. I hope Archie is found soon x
- 2012-06-25 14:30 jesw
- Fluffylegs the owners will be home tomorrow so will pass info on about scenting and lost dogs. do you know anything about leaving scent for archie to follow home? I would say archie could easily have been carried he is small , he is a very friendly dog and used to being handled by kids and things.
- 2012-06-25 14:25 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- that's great to know thanks jesw x Jl perhaps plessey woods may be another area worth a search through ? if you'r not familiar with the breeds of spaniel one looks just like another I'm like that about lurchers/greyhound/whippets x
- 2012-06-25 14:25 jesw
- Jl the lead from blyth didn't come through to facebook till evening and the sighting was at 11, I drove up spine road and round bebside/cowpen and blyth. I've asked anybody I know in blyth to keep an eye out. If anyone could spare an hour to go up there on foot that would be great. Also there was a golden cocker spaniel found in cramlington yesterday evening so maybe the sighting at blyth could have been same dog as cramlington and blyth are pretty close
- 2012-06-25 13:37 Nik - PR Adviser
- Ignore the post about the Morpeth Herald. I've done a quick story and sent it over.
- 2012-06-25 13:37 Jl
- Do we kno if anybody has followed this lead near blyth?it sounds promising to me,the lady who saw him says on FB that it's was poss a Charles spaniel and was sandy coloured!if she was driving her car past he cud poss b mistaken as a sandy coloured,also Archie is still small for a cocker so could easily b mistaken for a Charles?somebody has mentioned before Archie is familiar with plessey woods,well if u walk the entire length through them u would come out at bebside!
- 2012-06-25 13:15 jesw
- Archie was being looked after by owners parents but in the same area. The area archie became lost is his local walk which he does at least 2 times per day. The neighbours all have their blinds open and the house is being checked incase he returns home
- 2012-06-25 12:36 gem
- Hi just to let everyone know that a missin post for Archie is goin in the news post leader this week x
- 2012-06-25 12:34 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- thanks Sparkle so is Archie not from where he's gone missing??
- 2012-06-25 12:23 merlin
- Susan at Jolleys pet shop in Blyth will be printing off some posters to hand out to customers, dog walkers etc.
- 2012-06-25 12:15 Nik - PR Adviser
- If someone would like to call the Morpeth newspaper, I think the local reporter has been told about Archie being missing by James on the Northumberland Gazette.
- 2012-06-25 12:13 Sparkle
- Hi cheryl he was being looked after by his grandparents owner on holiday x
- 2012-06-25 11:53 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- Was Archie being looked after at his own home ? just a long shot but sometimes when dogs get spooked or get lost they run to somewhere they know ? my friends dog got spooked by fireworks set off by the neighbours we all help search the surrounding area and woods so sign of her half an hour later she was found! she had run out of her garden, across 2 main roads,a dual carriageway and got herself to safety at my friends ex's house, who looks after the dog when my friend is on holiday and the dog knows the route, because she gets walked it, from one house to the other, if he knows his way 'home' from the woods he could be there ?? Last edited: 2012-06-25 11:58:06 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-25 11:26 cockerdoodledoo
- Yes Morning,and good luck to you all, just having a sneaky peak from work!! ... Would say Flufflylegs has written a marvellous post below - well constructed and thought through. GO TEAM ARCHIE xx
- 2012-06-25 10:07 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- morning Team Archie hoping today is the day for good news!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GOOD LUCK !! x
- 2012-06-25 01:24 Sparkle
- Ok cheryl il hav a look x
- 2012-06-25 01:01 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- yes I get your drift beverleya that's the impression I got from earlier comments of people being very selective in what and how much information they parted with when asked about Archie. I have put a suggestion on Archie's FB page it's just an idea to try and help x
- 2012-06-25 00:55 Fluffylegs
- Good Luck with the search for Archie. Everyone is doing brilliantly getting out there. I hope you will not mind if I make a few suggestions, from previous Dog Lost searches...
1. It is not clear whether anyone followed up the sighting of a tired looking spaniel near ASDA in Blyth
2.Archie MAY still be in the area he was lost. Have you individually or as a group read the helpful scenting info supplied by Dog Lost and guidance on how lost dogs function??
3. If Archie is still around the wood area he will be travelling in a triangle trying to get back to where he was lost
4. By now he will be fearful. dogs become feral very quickly so he will be fearful of sounds like his name being called, so approach gently, carry high value treats n spare lead and keep looking around as he may follow or peep at a distance.
5. Follow Dog Lost scentings, info,Archie's owners best to do this
6. Carry on working on all other possibilities...the lads coming out of the wood carrying a spaniel..is Archie carriable???? how heavy is he??HOW FAR COULD HE BE CARRIED, WOULD HE ALLOW HIMSELF TO BE CARRIED. spaniels are wiggle bums, would he tolerate this..he's not a puppy is he....
7. Did anyone see his harness??
8. What colour and type and size were the lurchers???
9. How far is this area from where the lads are said to live??
10. There are a lot of chances that Archie may be caught up by his harness in the woodland...he has distinctive hair when searching look out for hair on brambles
11. Archie will be hungry..are there houses locally get them to serch gardens, Ruby aged 5 months lost in huge country park down here was found in a village gdn 2 miles away from area lost
12.Keep postering everywhere possible, shops, car parks, supermarkets, all over the area lost, contact farmers, schools, colleges, the local paper,petrol stns. Bus stops
13. Are there any events going on in the area
14. Going back to the lads what age were they. if school age info to schools is good in case it was them nd theyre bragging, if older, info at pubs, local shops, council offices, get hold of housing dept and check out housing officer to see if any families known for having dogs etc etc
15. Archie's owners, if you are able, organize or get the helpers to help you organize a special day for a search for Archie, such as next saturday/sunday and give it a name such as ALERT 4 ARCHIE...or maybe ACTION 4 ARCHIE. we have had Sniff 4 Sid, Jess in Distress and it captures peoples imaginations.
If you can get stickers done by friendly prinetr this is also good, 2"x3" 18 to a sheet, peel off, blck on yellow, can be put on garments, hats stuck to lampposts, anywhere and it keep sawareness such as if worn when you are shopping etc
16.If there are real concerns for safety then the owners need to discuss with the police, community liason officer
17. Good luck in your search for little ARCHIE.people from a distance can help. Be safe little spaniel
- 2012-06-25 00:42 Sparkle
- Probably me davem . There were very few people about . i only saw two dog walkers
- 2012-06-25 00:40 Sparkle
- Without answering ur question directly...... most places hav an eastgate if u get my drift
- 2012-06-25 00:35 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- mm something smells fishy! is it not a very nice area ??
- 2012-06-25 00:33 DaveM
- Been out fora couple of hours, had a drive round and a walk through the woods with a hunting lamp couldn't see anything.
If Archie was around he may well have been sheltered up for the night, the trees are dense in places (most places) so it would be fairly easy to lay low.
Lets all keep looking, passed a couple of other cars driving real slow so maybe they were out looking too.
- 2012-06-25 00:30 Sparkle
- Yes cheryl
- 2012-06-25 00:28 JewelsK
- Good point Bazil, and worth bearing in mind on Facebook too! I will pop a note on there.
- 2012-06-25 00:20 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- was it Eastgate where those kids were taking the posters down and where those lads with the lurchers are from ??
- 2012-06-24 23:54 Sparkle
- Back home drove up morpeth road. hepscott. barrington road. morpeth road estate. eastgate. no one about only spotted one poster in eastgate x
- 2012-06-24 23:44 vizslagirl
- does anyone no what age these boys were roughly.
- 2012-06-24 23:15 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- there could be some truth in that because no one seems to have seen hide nor hair of them since that sighting will keep looking on here to see if he's been found good luck x
- 2012-06-24 23:05 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- they possibly didn't know about the reward and it might be someone they know who's got Archie. if it is Archie they were carrying and money has changed hands for him they've sold a dog that didn't belong to them so is that not deception/stealing. The police may know the estate and the people and get more information from them just a thought x
- 2012-06-24 23:03 bazil
- I hope what I am about to say does not offend anyone on here.
Just want to remind helpers/searchers that if someone has Archie they could be following the comments on here. Would it not be wiser to post your update after you have been out, because if they are reading Archie's page or FB comments they will know when and where you are going to search. Remember his doglost page is for sightings and information. Everyone is working really hard to get this boy home safe, although we do have to be very careful when it is likely that some does have him x Keep up the good work Team Archie and anyone who is out tonight keep safe xxLast edited: 2012-06-24 23:05:22 by bazil
- 2012-06-24 23:00 Sparkle
- Spanielgirl, i do actually think the lads hav got him. im just not convinced he 's been sold so quick and to then find out he,s in a tiny village ????? I got excited when i heard linton cus i thought thats it he will be found soon yet he hasnt. everyone is assuming who's bought mite be genuine but wot genuine person do u know will take a pedigree dog off someone so quickly and hav no doubts ?
- 2012-06-24 22:52 Spanielgirl
- Another Kip follower here but I'm afraid to far away to help. beverleya your comments about the fact that the boys could not have planned this is exactly what I have been thinking. I think it would be best not to rule out everything else and keep searching in the area he was lost. Can't bear to think there is another lost spaniel out there. Keeping everything crossed he is back safe and well soon.
- 2012-06-24 22:40 Sparkle
- Finish at 11 but gotta do sumthing hate the fact iv been stuck at work all day. of f for two days now so can help loads. im very local so mite just drive around estates like suggested. linton so small word will hav travelled fast if he is there i think we'd of known. Wot i dont get is if these to lads came across archie obv they didnt hav a plan to nab a dog it was just a random event they hav cashed in on. but how did they get him sold so fast????? im sure none of us hav a list of people In our pockets who we can just ring up and say wanna spaniel for £ 200? something still funny about this. surely they are not that thick not to think a reward wud get them more dosh than selling him sooooo quick. All very strange starting to think he s not at linton :-(
- 2012-06-24 22:23 leamc
- maybe just stay down here hun..even a drive around the estates choppington guidepost area..might see summit with it being dark?how kind when u have just finished work as well
- 2012-06-24 22:23 leamc
- maybe just stay down here hun..even a drive around the estates choppington guidepost area..might see summit with it being dark?how kind when u have just finished work as well
- 2012-06-24 22:19 Sparkle
- Just about to finish work . how has eastgate and linton gone today is it worth me going to either now ? Just thought archie mite be getting walked or even to replace pulled down posters ?????? Any thoughts
- 2012-06-24 21:56 leamc
- prob good time 2 go out davem..only volunteers there today & few horss & dog walkers but defo no lurchers??
ah thanks lucys mum..i no she would do it for me and i no how much archie means to her and her boys and her hubby..her parents and inlaws..sister cousins literally everybody helping to find arch..its just so frustrating with no sightings!!!
- 2012-06-24 21:21 Sparkle
- Police wont get involved as no evidence he has been stolen. female cocker found in cramlington may explain asda blyth commentLast edited: 2012-06-24 21:21:51 by Sparkle
- 2012-06-24 21:02 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- GOOD LUCK TEAM ARCHIE GOT EVERYTHING CROSSED FOR ARCHIE'S SAFE RETURN HOME HOPE IT WILL SOON! GOOD NIGHT GOD BLESS X
- 2012-06-24 20:54 Sue Huntley
- Hi dianne. But dianne who?
- 2012-06-24 20:49 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- looking back over the comments a few people have suggested knocking on doors and asking if anyone's seen Archie, what about a door to door leaflet/poster drop in Linton ?
keep going Team Archie you'r all doing a grand job!!!
Last edited: 2012-06-24 20:52:30 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-24 20:49 Linz
- lady seen dog to Archies description heading across spine road but thats all the info they have. xx will keep looking tho. xx
- 2012-06-24 20:47 dogsit38
- I agree Sue!!!! I reckon someone knows something.......been out again but no joy..... (BTW Sue, its Dianne here xxx)
- 2012-06-24 20:42 bigdavesdad
- Everybody is again doing a great job both searching, organising and following up-keep it up Team Archie and something will bring us closer to him.-he's only a heartbeat away
- 2012-06-24 20:37 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- really feel for Archies 'grandparents' that were looking after him. hope they are doing ok x
- 2012-06-24 20:36 Linz
- just been on facebook someone seen a possible sighting of Archie heading towards blyth asda from bedlington says around 11am this morning. x
- 2012-06-24 20:33 Sue Huntley
- Just a thought. Ad on local radio?
- 2012-06-24 20:25 Sue Huntley
- There must be someone down the gate who knows something if there is anything to know. Please speak up. Call the owners. Tremendous support and effort by the way. All the walkers at plessey know and are involved. Also I've just text a friend in Linton to keep her ear to the
- 2012-06-24 20:20 janiejewel1649
- If Archie has been stolen (allegedly) then the police should be involved. Hopefully his microchip will do its magic. Perhaps Kip can help from up above too.
- 2012-06-24 20:12 Lucy's mum
- We looked at the woods too today and we didn't see anyone with lurches either. Learnc - you're doing a great job and Archies owner is v lucky to have you as a friend.
- 2012-06-24 20:12 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- given the info that has been passed on and the theory that little Archie has been sold on to someone in Linton does the police not now get involved ?
- 2012-06-24 19:57 vizslagirl
- still no news about archie. spoke to someone and they said they would probably try and sell him on but if people no hes stolen and chipped they wont buy him as all you need to detect a chip is a builders stud wall finder what ever one of them is. Still messaging people from that area to see if they have hurd anything.
- 2012-06-24 19:55 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-23 21:34 lynseyb
Not sure if any use
Kay Thornton mentions in above link that she spoke to couple of people today who both said it would be "those blokes" down the gate!
recopied from a comment left yesterday .
- 2012-06-24 19:42 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- mmm praps those lads know you're on to them so they are lying low! yes I agree with you Alfies mum I think these lads were carrying Alfie and no one seems to want to tell exactly who they are and where they live. think the lady who knew he'd been sold on to someone in Linton perhaps knows more than she dare let on.
Last edited: 2012-06-24 19:43:32 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-24 19:24 DaveM
- I have been talking to as many Lurcher and Lamping men as I know and asking them to do the same.
I will be down later tonight hoping that lads might be out after the match.
- 2012-06-24 19:21 Alfies mum
- to far away to help but followed kips page from day 1. people that have running dogs/lurchers usually have terriers not cocker spaniels. These 2 "men" know something and why carry a dog surely it would have been on a lead if it was their dog, people usually walk dogs not carry them. Hope Archie is home soon, with team kip on board it wont take long to find him. You are an amazing group of people, wish i lived closer xx
- 2012-06-24 19:03 leamc
- i never saw anybody with lurchers the whole time we were in the woods!!!summit is not right..those woods go for miles & miles
- 2012-06-24 18:51 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- oh dear! no news on those lads seen with a spaniel that we think may have sold him on ??
- 2012-06-24 18:46 leamc
- thanks to everyone for helping look for archie...no linton drew a blank so far!!!
- 2012-06-24 17:54 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- has there been no luck in Linton ??
- 2012-06-24 17:48 Mrs M
- We've been around Bothal this afternoon. No sign of Archie but have put a few more posters up. Dropped one in at Coopers kennels and put a couple up in the village and also one at Hartford Bridge entrance to Plessey Woods. Hope there's good news soon
- 2012-06-24 17:48 cassiesmam
- Good luck, hope Archie is found soon xxxx
- 2012-06-24 15:27 Springer princess
- Hi All, fab news Kiera has been found and is in the blue!!!!!! xxxxxxxxLast edited: 2012-06-24 17:34:37 by Springer princess
- 2012-06-24 14:18 Sheelybobs
- Hiya, I live in Linton, the "fair" was a BBQ and music in aid of raising money for cancer research. It was a one off for yesterday only. I will certainly keep a look out for both Archie and Kiera whilst out in theses areas with my lot! Hope he's found soon!
- 2012-06-24 14:03 Spangles
- Just a thought on the "Fair" being in Linton...is it a fun fair? if so might be worth checking when it is due to move on and where it is going next, just in case there is any connection, too far away to offer on the ground help but everything crossed and well done everyone x
- 2012-06-24 13:50 Sparkle
- Bazil we only know bcus someone in choppington has told a person searching the same thing. sounds like linton could be a possibility for defo now
- 2012-06-24 13:39 bazil
- Good luck team Archie xLast edited: 2012-06-24 15:09:20 by bazil
- 2012-06-24 13:31 lynseyb
- GOOD LUCK TEAM ARCHIE xx
- 2012-06-24 13:30 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- also think its worth pointing out Archie has a DOCKED TAIL which is also unusual now !
- 2012-06-24 13:22 Lucy's mum
- Learned about DL through Kip. Thanks to him we are on our way now to do what we can to help find Archie.
- 2012-06-24 13:21 Sparkle
- Team Archie a black labrador has gone missing near woodhorn ashington. anyone searching linton keep ur eyes peeled for kiera too please
- 2012-06-24 13:10 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- Archies's colouring is unusual for a working cocker, not the common type of liver or black colouring I mean, feel he would stick out more if seen being walked around Linton, maybe an idea to approach, carefully, anyone seen walking a dog that matches Archie and ask if they know of anyone else with one like theirs, maybe say his name see if you get a response from the dog and you never know, it may even be Archie!Last edited: 2012-06-24 13:32:07 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-24 13:06 bigdavesdad
- I think the Social Club in Linton is still there in front of First Row-might be an idea for Poster
- 2012-06-24 12:59 Sparkle
- Sue i cant understand the 12.27 comment probs just me tho doh!
- 2012-06-24 12:57 dogsit38
- been through a good bit of the woods this morning, started at coal cart near barn conversions...soz, nothing to report.....tip....take wellies!!!!! Its very muddy xx
- 2012-06-24 12:54 Sue
- beverleya - there's apost at 12:27 that more or less says where the Linton information came from. I agree there are no names but in a close knit community word travels fast ! Good luck everyone you are doing an amazing job x
- 2012-06-24 12:52 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- GO TEAM ARCHIE !! HOPE YOU FIND HIM TODAY ! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !! I'M REALLY ROOTING FOR YOU ALL THE WAY FROM SOUTH YORKSHIRE !!Last edited: 2012-06-24 12:53:51 by CHERYL COOP WILSON
- 2012-06-24 12:50 Sparkle
- Sue dont think anyone has been named but i do agree with u. JL go go go !
- 2012-06-24 12:49 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- It seems a very close community where people seem to want to help but feel they can't or scared to which maybe explains, if it was Archie, why they didn't do the right thing by him and ring the number on his tag or report him found!
- 2012-06-24 12:47 Jl
- I heading over to Linton now to put posters up,so if somebody has bought him out good faith theyl get a shock xxx
- 2012-06-24 12:47 Sue
- Please be careful when saying who gave information. These lads or people who know them might be aware of this website. Would hate anyone to come to any harm through giving information. Hope I am not offending anyone
- 2012-06-24 12:43 bigdavesdad
- i think someone possibly knows someone who knows something here in amongst these enquiries-can't get over to Linton yet but will try asap
Are owner and admin aware?
- 2012-06-24 12:42 Sparkle
- I can go to linton when i finish work at 11pm mite see someone walking him. if posters are going to be put up longhirst,ulgham and widdrington shud all be covered tooLast edited: 2012-06-24 12:45:43 by Sparkle
- 2012-06-24 12:36 vizslagirl
- i know a few people in linton. il message them now to see if anthing comes back. its not a very big place. think theres only 3 streets.
- 2012-06-24 12:34 vizslagirl
- i have spoke to a few people that no dog owners down eastgate and hoping they can find out some information about archie. i have also made my niece aware of archie missing she lives in the barn converted houses beside the woods where he went missing. ive told her to let all her neighbours know aswell incase he is still in the woods. if i find anything out i will post asap
- 2012-06-24 12:31 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- I agree bigdavesdad was just thinking that as I read nedthedog's comment but was a contact number taken or do they know who or where this lady is. really think the 2 lads are the key to this and wouldn't put it past them to sell him on! like I've said before lurcher keepers don't 'normally' keep spaniels too GOOD LUCK TEAM ARCHIE HOPE YOU FIND HIM SOON!!
- 2012-06-24 12:27 nedthedog
- 2012-06-24 12:22 bigdavesdad
- Plus who told this lady and who told that person-it seems a very positive statement and fairly close to the action, not gossip or hearsay -might be worth re contacting her.
- 2012-06-24 12:22 Jl
- Iv just been down the woods n thro choppington,I bumped into a women walking her dog and was telling her abt the poss sighting of ARchie on thurs nyt,she seemed to agree that this was possible,she said there was a few lads further down the estate who causes probs,I questioned her if she knew them n she seemed like she was possibly scared to say to much!i try pushing her but got the impression she was scared to say to much but did say that there was lads further down the bottom of east gate!jus spoke to a friend from Linton way he says there is alot of doggy ppl that way,so worth a try!il print some posters n meet ppl at 2pm
- 2012-06-24 12:18 Sparkle
- Linton ?????? Its tiny if he is there shouldnt take long to search. how was this lady that gave info ? Hope its not a false lead. plus surely the reward is much more than selling price ? Unless of course they were despo for the money
- 2012-06-24 12:06 bigdavesdad
- Might be worth postering round Oxford, Nelson,Wellington,Cambridge Road area and Stakeford Crescent as there is a large doggy population round there.
- 2012-06-24 12:04 nedthedog
- JUST SPOKE TO A LADY IN KINGS PARK AT CHOPPINGTON AND SHE HAS TOLD ME THAT SHE HAS BEEN TOLD THE DOG WAS SOLD TO SOMEONE IN LINTON IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN SEARCH THE AREA? BEEN ALL AROUND SCOTLAND GATE AND PEOPLE DOWN THERE HAVENT SEEN THIS DOG
- 2012-06-24 12:04 leamc
- Travellers is on main rd thro Scotland gate choppington on the right if u coming from Guidepost..meeting 2-2.15 plenty parking near there..b there 2.-2.15..I'm waiting to hear back from the Lad who I had the sighting from..2 find out what colour the lurchers were but hes quite sure he was Archie if not he may have a twin!!!!un likely but we need t keep looking & spread the word in case he is hurt or trapped somewhere
- 2012-06-24 11:58 Mrs M
- Heading out to Travellers Rest now. Dropped poster at Paddocks Equestrian Centre & they said they will spread the word.
- 2012-06-24 11:19 bazil
- Hi everyone, can't make it today but good luck everyone who is going out searching for Archie. If your info re the 2 lads with a spaniel and 2 lurchers has come from a good source then it is possible one of the lads has kept Archie or they may try to sell him on....if it was Archie carried out of the woods, he may have been injured through getting trapped somewhere and the Lurchers found him??? Sorry to say that put is possible and he could still be trapped in there somewhere. Until you get an absolute positive sighting really you can only do what you are all doing and that is keep searching the area and surrounding areas where Archie was last seen. I have spaniel 'for sale' alerts set up on preloved website and have been checking Gumtree. Good luck everyone and lets pray today is the day Archie is found safe xx Last edited: 2012-06-24 11:20:56 by bazil
- 2012-06-24 11:14 cockerdoodledoo
- Julie ... see the post below from learmc ",icant get out to search until 2pm..going to meet at travellers rest at 2pm and search from there maybe heading towards bedlington..friends of mine r covering the barrington rd at approx 1pm..have people covering netherton as well somebody that has a farm over there checking all there land as well..can anybody go in to the woods from the estate opp the ridge farm..also cover bothal & we will cover the woods where he went missing..like i said i will b at travellers rest down gate at approx 2pm to leave for search 07411749874 if anybody needs more info thanks again" ... I am not familiar with this area, so suggest maybe call this user on the number given - or if leamc see's my post, can you give exact details of where "travellers post" is so that willing helpers can find you? xx
- 2012-06-24 11:01 Sue
- Good Luck everyone. You are all amazing. Hope Archie is home safe and sound soon. Please TAKE CARE x
- 2012-06-24 10:48 Sparkle
- Jobadger that is a possibility which is why i think everydoor shud hav been knocked on by now
- 2012-06-24 10:46 Sparkle
- I drove around kind care kennels yesterday x
- 2012-06-24 10:44 lynseyb
- MESSAGE OFF A LADY ON FACEBOOK
Has any1 tried Kind Care Kennels,they may of seen him,the noise may of attracted him 2 that part?,just wundering
- 2012-06-24 10:41 jobadger
- They may have been visiting the area - friends relatives living there. Good luck. xx
- 2012-06-24 10:30 Sparkle
- And another thing LOL..... If they have nothing to do with archie we arnt just looking for someone with 2 lurchers. we are looking for two mates that between them own 2 lurchers and a spaniel. someone must know who these two lads are! Good luck today everyone wish i wasnt working :-(
- 2012-06-24 10:28 MSPickles
- Oh no not another poor baby missing.
I have only just found this as have been having problems with my network connection. I am too far away to physically help with the search but as with Team Kip if you need any emails etc sending please let me know.
Sylvia you are an amazing, inspirational lady.
Go Team Archie x
- 2012-06-24 10:27 Julie
- Hi I am happy to come over and help with the search today. However it is not an area I am familiar with, so can someone give me some advice on where best to park and which area too look in.
- 2012-06-24 10:08 Jl
- Lets face it tho if somebody honest had found him they would of rang the number on tag or reported it!
- 2012-06-24 09:58 lynseyb
- good thinking x
- 2012-06-24 09:57 Sparkle
- Just thought we all know someone has 2 lurchers somewhere in choppington (poss in eastgate) if they have nothing to do with archie why havnt they been seen walking their dogs since. They have choppington woods on their doorstep so you wud assume they wud walk them there all the time ??????????? Just the fact these people havnt been since with lurchers is strange. are they staying indoors? Are they walking else where (towards back of estate)? And WHY
- 2012-06-24 09:57 leamc
- lyns julia mam been over there to put pic up x
- 2012-06-24 09:55 tynesmate
- I am going out now with my dogs- i am going to look round gallagher park( which backs onto barrington road) - has the police been informed about the possible sightings and involvemnt at Scotland Gate/East gate-( lurcher men)? They will no doubt have contacts in the estates there who may know something? Good luck today lets gets this boy home!
- 2012-06-24 09:51 lynseyb
- bit of long shot has anyone been down plessy woods? i know he was often walked down there
- 2012-06-24 09:48 nedthedog
- SYLVIA I AM GOING TO WALK ROUND KINGS PARK THIS MORNING AT ABOUT 11AM YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN ME i WILL ALSO COVER SCOTLAND GATE AS WELL
HAVE MESSAGED YOU ON FACEBOOKLast edited: 2012-06-24 09:58:27 by nedthedog
- 2012-06-24 09:41 leamc
- hi tried to ring acarr cant get thro,,icant get out to search until 2pm..going to meet at travellers rest at 2pm and search from there maybe heading towards bedlington..friends of mine r covering the barrington rd at approx 1pm..have people covering netherton as well somebody that has a farm over there checking all there land as well..can anybody go in to the woods from the estate opp the ridge farm..also cover bothal & we will cover the woods where he went missing..like i said i will b at travellers rest down gate at approx 2pm to leave for search 07411749874 if anybody needs more info thanks again
- 2012-06-24 09:36 dogsit38
- Heading out now......will go into wood via morpeth road near barn conversions and have a scout around...... will be there in bout 15 mins if anyone wants to join me xx
- 2012-06-24 09:22 Sylvia
- NEDTHEDOG Definitely on my moby, please, taking my dog(s) for a walk now. 07846 396853 x
- 2012-06-24 09:07 acarr
- Anyone know if there is or was a meeting place today. Princessh i can be ready in hour but dont know what plans they have ring me on 07795473977
- 2012-06-24 09:06 Sylvia
- Morning. Don't know how, but chunk of my post below has disappeared that said I don;'t know that area but when and where this morning.
NEDTHEDOG I have forgotten who you really are!! Where do you live, please? Can you message me on Facebook with some details? My satnav does not take postcodes, only addresses so I will need more info. I guess that you already have my moby number if that's easier.
- 2012-06-24 08:49 leamc
- yes there is a reward hoping that if somebody has him it may flush them out...no we dont no for def anybody has him...got a call fri night to say a small spaniel fitting archies description was seen with 2 lads with lurchers it v possible it wasnt him but it was about 2 hrs after he went missing in the thurs night & they came out of the woods at the travellersrest end at scotland gate!! we still need to search everywhere because it may not b him..u can get into the wood from the estate opposite the ridge farm at bedlington also & there was a poss sighting there but that was also thurs pm...we just need to spread word s much as poss..a relative is also re checking cat & dog shelters today as i no they get lots everyday & may b having trouble contacting owner as she is out of the country
- 2012-06-24 08:36 gefrin
- Is there a reward???? If he has been nicked may be putting reward amount on posters would help....money talks with these people
- 2012-06-24 08:29 Jl
- Dunno if anybody has thought of this but what about checking the likes of gumtree etc to see if anybody's advertised a spaniel for sale?also is the sighting of Archie with the lurchers from a reliable source?or should we also be concentrating on this poss sighting in bedlington and getting the word out in that area as much as poss?if these people wi lurchers hav got Archie they'll have to walk their dogs at some point,id think they'd avoid the woods if they know about the search,so what about other places locally that u can walk eg riverside park?
- 2012-06-24 08:22 jobadger
- Just a thought - whoever has Archie may be checking on here. Good luck today. xx
- 2012-06-24 07:58 leamc
- Morning guys..just spoke to owners mam..she has to work today can't get out of it..she has gave me her husbands mobile no..if anybody wants to spk to him text or call me on 07411749874 & I will pass number on!!
Thanks for all the offer to help search..nothing has been set in stone so ant suggestions would b grateful as he really could of travelled anywhere?woods lead to bedlington hepscott choppington..he could have crossed rd tho..so bothal Guidepost stakeford also options!!I suggest maybe meeting central then splitting & covering as much ground & telling as many folk as poss...he could b in somebody's garden or shed or house..but if he is hopefully them or somebody that no.s them will crack soon??thanks again everybody u r all amazing xxx
- 2012-06-24 07:00 Maggie
- Archies's got a FB group: https://www.facebook.com/findarchiedog#!/findarchiedog - "FIND ARCHIE"
- 2012-06-24 01:08 Springer princess
- Beverleya ...... am about to PM you on the Kip chat notice board..... xxxxx
- 2012-06-24 01:03 Springer princess
- ACARR do we have an idea what time everyone are meeting up and where yet? is there a co-ordinated search? or is it to be yet arranged..... are we searching the woods from where Archie went missing? i'm free whenever you are hun, just let me know what time you would like to go xxxxxxxx
- 2012-06-24 01:01 Springer princess
- We will need all the help we can get honey...... the more peeps to help out, the better chance we have of getting this baby home..... are you on Kips chat page? i can possibly PM you my number? am not too far away, but i dont drive, so am far enough away to struggle lol
Gypsy, i work just as hard as Cheeba, who lives next door.... we all work just as hard as each other, but due to me having two young daughters i will find it hard to do 16 hour searches.... we are all stars on Team Kip and Team Archie now.... need this search to be just as big as the last one xxxxxxxxx
- 2012-06-24 00:56 Sparkle
- Re my earlier post iv been so brave lol and checked out the eastgate back gardens. the ones on the outskirts few empty cages but no archie x
- 2012-06-24 00:52 Sparkle
- Princessh let me know if u need a heads up on that estate thought u lived gufther away but still happy to help let me know if u want number x
- 2012-06-24 00:52 Springer princess
- oops caps lock sorry xx
- 2012-06-24 00:51 Springer princess
- wHENEVER YOU ARE FREE HONEY XXXX
- 2012-06-24 00:47 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- yes they probably would keep it hidden wherever they could in a house, in a shed, an allotment shed/kennel. Good luck with your search for Archie tomorrow really hope you find him soon x
- 2012-06-24 00:45 acarr
- What time u going over, i can poss do couple of hours just let me know what time u want to go
- 2012-06-24 00:45 Gypsy
- beverleya - I agree they aren't likely to walk Archie, he is probably locked in a shed or at a 'friends house', but they will likely still be out with their own dogs. I'm of the same mind as everyone else...a reward for his safe return with 'no questions asked' seems the best approach at the moment.
PrincessH - you've been a very busy girl lately with all this dog hunting..you're an absolute angel. I'm not familiar with this area sorry, so take care everyone! xxx
- 2012-06-24 00:44 CHEEBER
- if they are using the dogs as hunting dogs they wont care what breed it is. so chances are it will be kept with the other dogs.
- 2012-06-24 00:43 Springer princess
- CHEEBS....... come to back door pleeeeeeease xxxxxxx
- 2012-06-24 00:43 Springer princess
- Would someone actually keep a pinched spaniel outside tho? would they not keep it in the house, for safety? if that makes sense? xxxxx
- 2012-06-24 00:41 CHEEBER
- we were round there from early this morning, yes the estate could do with a tidy up, but most people were happy to speak to us. to be honest alot of people were just concerned with strangers sitting in cars watching them etc.. as im sure most people would be the same especially with their children running around.
also, if the lads were coming from the woods with lurchers..chances are they were rabbiting etc. doesnt mean they are from that area they could be from bedlington etc. alot of lads travel away from where they live to do this. if they are hunting dogs, alot are kept in kennels in allotments. so worth postering those.
- 2012-06-24 00:40 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- also know of a few people who keep lurchers for hunting/lamping near me and they are not house dogs they are kept outside, so if able to, safely, check for dogs kept outside in back gardens/yards Archie may be being kept hidden where these dogs normally live. Its not usual to see any type of spaniel living/working along side lurchers.
- 2012-06-24 00:39 Springer princess
- Ooh, a lift would be amazing honey, if you dont mind?? not too sure what Eve's plans are? xxxxxx
- 2012-06-24 00:38 acarr
- Princessh, r u ok for lift over tomorrow or wud u like a lift
- 2012-06-24 00:37 Springer princess
- NE63 honey...... am in Ashington, just near flower park xxxx
- 2012-06-24 00:36 Springer princess
- The posters were fine until after we spoke to kids, then as i was away to nose at a house, some kids approached me and said the posters had been pulled down, by another girl.... we should poster after 11pm to be really honest, that way i reckon we would be safer around that area like.......Last edited: 2012-06-24 00:57:10 by Springer princess
- 2012-06-24 00:35 Sparkle
- Princessh are u not from ne62?
- 2012-06-24 00:33 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- exactly Gypsy ! I so wish I lived nearer so I could help look for this little lad. If they get to know there's a reward for his safe return that may get someone talking or prick the lads conscience to hand him back! COME ON TEAM ARCHIE!!!
- 2012-06-24 00:27 Springer princess
- .Last edited: 2012-06-24 00:46:24 by Springer princess
- 2012-06-24 00:26 Sparkle
- Please look back at my comments. loads of fields to back of estate for them to walk late at nite. but wud they even bother to walk him. he wasnt in any back gardens this evening more likely locked out of site. still say if reward isnt asked for tomorrow il be shocked ! Hope the reward flushes them out !!!!
- 2012-06-24 00:20 Gypsy
- CCW - Probably because they didn't have a third lead for a dog they weren't expecting to find in the woods. Maybe someone could sit in their car and keep a low profile in the eastgate area (is this where the posters have been taken down?) and watch out for these two lads and their dogs. They're more likely to be out after dark if they know there are people looking for Archie. Hopefully a decent member of the public will tip his owner's off as to his whereabouts.
Well done everyone for acting so quickly in light of the devasting news we recieved yesterday. Go TEAM ARCHIE!!
- 2012-06-24 00:10 jesw
- I think most people will be covering the area at choppington woods tomorrow, it's such a large area the more help the better. with not many sightings to go on somebody may have found him, it's a substantial reward and worth handing him in for though. even if somebody does have him they will have neighbours and friends....somebody has to know something. there are lots of lovely people in that area too think it's important to get posters back up and hope that they stay up
- 2012-06-23 23:51 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- mmmm doesn't sound like its a very nice area PrincessH be careful!I really think those 2 lads are the key to where Archie is if they had 2 lurchers on leads why were they carrying a spaniel ??
- 2012-06-23 23:39 Springer princess
- Sylvia, you are one blooming AMAAAAAZING LADY!!!!
Hi everyone, myself and eve ((Bazil)) have been around the Scotland Gate are today......
We also drove over to Linton, where there was a party in the paddock at a livery yard ((cant think of its name now)) we didnt see anything of the poor Archie, but i have 'contacts' in Linton, who are keeping eyes and ears to the ground for us...... I am backing this search, after my experience with Team Kip.... everyone has been absolutely outstanding, i have made some lovely friends on the way.... now we are Team Archie....... we must find this lad...... Kip will never ever be forgotten....... run free gorgeous lad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLast edited: 2012-06-24 00:51:11 by Springer princess
- 2012-06-23 23:29 CHERYL COOP WILSON
- Hi I am really sorry live too far away to physically help look for Archie but followed Team Kip on fb and will try to help in whatever way I can to help get young Archie back. The questions that I would like to ask are did the people who saw the 2 lads leaving the woods get any kind of description of them and what were the lurchers like colour etc ?? My thought on this was that they could be regular uses of these woods to walk and work the lurchers, if they go in there lamping for instance they may be seen late at night and if not them then others may and know who these lads are.
- 2012-06-23 23:23 Sylvia
- Hi. Would like to help with the search tomorrow morning. to be in he morning.
- 2012-06-23 23:21 Sparkle
- Me too mrs m just hope they dont panic and let him go again. best result is if they lie and say they have just found him. sickening i know but best result for archie. spent all my day off looking today unfortunately im doing a 12 hour shift tomorrow but if need be free mon & tues. will stay tuned in tho x
- 2012-06-23 23:16 nedthedog
- Hi leannec rose here I will go out again tomorrow I will walk dwn the farmtracks from mine to eastgate and circle back round again.
Sylvia if you want to join me you can will be leaving mine at about 11am we can meet at the travellers rest at choppington if you wantLast edited: 2012-06-23 23:33:50 by nedthedog
- 2012-06-23 23:14 Mrs M
- Beverlaya - I think you're right and just hope the efforts of Team Archie can make him too hot to handle.
We can join in tomorrow too. Will check on here in the morning to see where and when people are meeting
- 2012-06-23 23:10 leamc
- Hi...thanks everybody so much..no more leads on Archie up to now..we really have got to just keep searching the woods he went missing in and all surrounding areas..he could b anywhere those woods lead to choppington ..bedlington..hepscott..& if he's managed to get out the woods he could b in any of the surrounding areas?Guidepost..stakeford..bedlington etc...I'm not sure if there is a search set up yet for anywhere in particular tomorrow but any suggestions greatly appreciated & I will spk to owners parents & see what's organised?
- 2012-06-23 23:04 Sparkle
- Il be very shocked if no one rings tomorrow asking about the reward. The posters must be replaced at eastgate if a search group is not going to knock on every door.If someone in eastgate owns two lurchers and a spaniel surely they will be happy to say so ????? Yet no one has come foward to say this was a false alarm and more importantly not one single possible sighting of a spaniel ? Im still sure archie has been taken but wether he is still on eastgate or maybe taken away from there is a worry x
- 2012-06-23 22:54 acarr
- What time people meating up to search tomorrow
- 2012-06-23 22:32 dogsit38
- can be out and about tomorrow if you let me know where xx
- 2012-06-23 22:30 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- well done everyone.
the owners friend messaged earlier about the posters being taken down around the Scotland gate area- advised to poster like mad again around there.
really hope for news of Archie soon
- 2012-06-23 22:27 Linz
- everyone who is getting confused about people saying archie has been found it was a westie called archie who was missing from the beginning of june and was only found on the 22nd. I live in the stobhill area and am keeping my eyes open up this way. x
- 2012-06-23 22:19 cockerdoodledoo
- jesw ... I'm really sorry to hear about Archie and wish you all the best in getting him home xx I'm sure you must already be a member of the Kip Missing Springer Spaniel facebook group, so if you and your family do decide to do a co-ordinated search/poster of the area tomorrow, suggest you ask Admins on that group to advertise this for you and ask as many hands on deck to help you as possible. I'm sure there will be lots of people locally who want to help you xx Sadly I'm too far away to be of any use - but I'm sending you LOTS of positive thoughts xxx
https://www.facebook.com/groups/464864166874212/Last edited: 2012-06-23 22:29:36 by cockerdoodledoo
- 2012-06-23 22:05 Shereen
- basil...thats a very strange thing for a young child to do,to remove the posters...it makes you wonder if they were told to do it?? Hmmm...were they replaced again?
Good luck Team Archie.Xxx
- 2012-06-23 22:00 jesw
- Archies owner is my cousin and i'm desperately trying to help in anyway possible. I am so saddned to hear of the loss of Kip my thoughts are with sylvia and all those who have helped with the search for him! it is incredible that you are joining the search for Archie. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. it's not a case of IF we find archie he really MUST be found
- 2012-06-23 21:34 lynseyb
- Not sure if any use
Kay Thornton mentions in above link that she spoke to couple of people today who both said it would be "those blokes" down the gate.....somebody out there got to know something....just wish I was up this week visiting instead of next week.....stay safe Archie xx
- 2012-06-23 21:30 whinny
- Awww, another little dog missing :-( Shared on facebook and lots of groups. Come home soon Archie. x
- 2012-06-23 20:37 bazil
- Been out with PrincessH for about 3hrs just driving around some of the areas where there have been possible sightings. Walked and watched the Eastgate and Scotland Gate area for a while. A very young child removed some of the posters that other helpers had put up on this estate earlier???? We also went to another area and talked to a lady out with her 2 cockers helping to find Archie. Believe she is a friend of Archies owners. Hoping to hear some positive news soon about Archie. Stay safe Archie xxx
- 2012-06-23 20:22 janiejewel1649
- So hope Archie will soon be in the blue soon. Stay safe now Archie, until you are found okay?
- 2012-06-23 20:05 Tigermouse
- Good luck everyone in the search for Archie. I've followed Kip's story all the way through and will now follow this - I hope Archie is found safe and well and is soon back with his mum.
- 2012-06-23 19:58 Daphnesmam
- just got bsck in from a walk along choppington woods, noticed already few posters up and passed a few people shouting on Archie, we'll be back out tomorrow and keep checking doglost for updates, good luck everyone still out there xxx
- 2012-06-23 19:09 Sparkle
- Just back from searching stakeford to eastgate walk. walked right past the back gardens of eastgate in case archie was in a back garden but found nothing
- 2012-06-23 18:50 Poppy & Willow's Mum
- Joined Doglost as part of Team Kip, sadly I'm too far away to join the search but hope Archie is found very soon. Sylvia you are and inspirational lady xx
- 2012-06-23 18:35 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- well done to everyone who is out there helping and searching...hoping for news of Archie very soon xxx
- 2012-06-23 18:10 lynseyb
- how kind of Sylvia xx
- 2012-06-23 18:00 b1tc403
- Hope hes found soon , nd well done to Sylvia what a brave lady x
- 2012-06-23 17:57 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Tx Merlin and other team Kip followers for joining team Archie...have spoken to Sylvia..who is pleased to know that her dedication towards Kip and hence his legacy is helping other dogs...especially as its another Spaniel...Sylvia wishes Archie and team Archie the best...and can you believe this...will be out tomorrow to help the search if Archie has not been found by then...what an inspirational lady...
- 2012-06-23 17:41 merlin
- Joined as a result of the search for Kip. Not able to assist today but praying for the safe return of Archie. It may be worth contacting Susan at Jolleys in Blyth, she is the store manager and would be willing to hand out leaflets, act as a leaflet collection point etc. let me know if you want me to contact her for you. Good luck Team ArchieLast edited: 2012-06-23 17:43:49 by merlin
- 2012-06-23 17:41 merlin
- Joined as a result of the search for Kip. Not able to assist today but praying for the safe return of Archie. I may be worth contacting Susan at Jolleys in Blyth, she is the store manager and would be willing to hand out leaflets, act as a leaflet collection point etc. let me know if you want me to contact her for you. Good luck Team Archie
- 2012-06-23 17:22 Sparkle
- Off to do the stakeford to eastgate walk
- 2012-06-23 17:19 Tobys Mum
- Just a thought.....do you know anyone with a springer who may be able to pick up a scent and who may be able to venture into the woods a little bit further than a person can, incase he has got stuck somehow? Fingers crossed Archie is home safely very soon xx
- 2012-06-23 16:56 leamc
- thanks everybody for your help..we have volunteers now checking stakeford/gidepost area wiil update with exact areas when i get details..
- 2012-06-23 16:28 Mrs M
- We are just back from a search around the woods and putting up posters. Sadly, no sign of Archie but we did meet quite a few people out looking so let us hope he is found soon xx
- 2012-06-23 16:03 gem
- Hi Iam friends with the owner aswel and she hasn't said he has been found, just wanted to make yous away that some people are writtin that he has been found x Keep up the good work hope he's found soon xx Last edited: 2012-06-23 16:05:29 by gem
- 2012-06-23 15:51 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Gem I have sent a message to Archie's owner asking them to confirm. Just had a reply Archie IS STILL MISSING.
- 2012-06-23 15:44 nedthedog
- Have been down to choppington this afternoon and along barrington ind.est. no sign Im afraid but will be back out tonight
- 2012-06-23 15:35 Sparkle
- Another thought on males carrying a spaniel towards eastgate estate. if they are intending on holding archie they arnt goin to walk him back over at the woods . they are more likely to walk over the fields towards the back of that estate leading over to stakeford and barrington industrial est. Theres a walk from stakeford (near speed camera) caravan park that leads you to the back of eastgate takes 30mins but it mite be worth some people doing this walk, even if he is just wondering he could be in those fields x
- 2012-06-23 15:34 gem
- hi there is some confusion goin over archie some people are writting on facebook and aemg sites that archie has been found,x
- 2012-06-23 15:24 wickedweims
- with such amazing helpers looking for archie hope he is in the blue soon stay safe archie x
- 2012-06-23 15:19 bigdavesdad
- agree with beverleya
EASTGATE,EASTGREEN link might yield something if the two lads were with lurchers-will try to get out when off call x
- 2012-06-23 15:17 Nana Jayne
- Is there no joy on the house to house door knocking??
- 2012-06-23 15:09 Dexter&cassiesmam
- Have been on usual walk this am & had good look, met neighbour who also lookin, will be back out later with my 2 & will keep lookin x
- 2012-06-23 14:40 Springer princess
- Aaaaaaaw!!!! tha's such a lot of doggies going missing...... am awaiting for contact from Bazil...... I am joining the search today for Archie...... TEAM ARCHIE!!!! fingers crossed for today we have him in the BLUE!!! xxxxxxxx
- 2012-06-23 14:39 lynseyb
- some one on facebook has said there is a tired looking spaniel near asda at blyth, wasiting for more info
- 2012-06-23 14:28 mjky73
- I helped look for poor Kip, can't believe my friends cousins dog Archie is now missing. Thank you everyone who is helping to look for him. I know your a great bunch. Thank you. XxX
- 2012-06-23 14:07 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Well done team Archie....
- 2012-06-23 13:12 lynseyb
- good luck everyone, hope he is found safe and well
- 2012-06-23 13:09 bazil
- i have just received a txt from a doglost member who has updated me....will contact learnc soon, i am coming up x
- 2012-06-23 12:53 Sparkle
- Bazil cant say much but probs not in this case :-(
- 2012-06-23 12:36 leamc
- Thanks everybody for all your help..hopefully we will find him soon safe & well xx
- 2012-06-23 12:34 bazil
- if thes 2 lads have Archie, they could be going back to where they found him to see if anyone is out looking for him...always possible if there are not many posters up yet. Hope Archie is safe wherever he is, good luck
if he is not found today (hope he is) I will try and join the search tonight or tomorrow xLast edited: 2012-06-23 12:44:37 by bazil
- 2012-06-23 12:27 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Message from owner's friend
Meeting at 1pm at Queen's pub car park Guidepost to leaflet drop
Thank you all for your help
- 2012-06-23 12:20 Sparkle
- Just bumped into archies owners parents at entrance of woods near choppington welfare they were looking after him when he went missing..two males eere seen coming out of this entrance with two luchers and a spaniel in their arms two hrs after he was lost. they were seen walking towards eastgreen estate.i wud suggest the 1pm search starts by knocking on every door on this estate before anything
- 2012-06-23 12:06 poppy
- keep safe little boy xx
- 2012-06-23 11:50 Goldenfrodo
- Hope this little boy stays safe until he can get back to his family
- 2012-06-23 11:35 lynseyb
- fingers crossed, it sounds like he's still local
- 2012-06-23 11:34 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- text from owner's friend "Possible sighting just now down Scotland gate with young lad with two lurchers"
- 2012-06-23 11:25 Mrs M
- Looka - we will be at Guidepost with the doods at 1.00pm
- 2012-06-23 11:08 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Archie was wearing a collar and ID tag when he went missing and he is now flagged up as MISSING with the MICROCHIP company. If found he must be reported to the dog warden as is required by LAW
- 2012-06-23 11:01 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- text from owners friend
"he was last seen in the woods off Morpeth road. you can access the woods via the colliery houses or the barn conversions. last seen near the burn in the woods where the path dips at approx 6.10pm on thursday night.. possible sighting thursday at 8.30pm with two lads with lurcher dogs and a small spaniel coming out of the woods near Choppington and crossing road and going down towards eastgate/ eastgreen. Other sighting also Thursday night was at meadowdale park in Bedlington"
have texted for more info on the Meadowdale Park sighting
Thank you everyone- hope this helps
Edited to say the possible sighting at Meadowdale Park was of a dog on their own,
xLast edited: 2012-06-23 11:10:08 by Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- 2012-06-23 10:53 nedthedog
- If you can help I am meeting up with some people at the queens head car park at guidepost at 1pm today
- 2012-06-23 10:50 acarr
- Rang for details of locality no answer, we cud help search later today if little fella not back.
- 2012-06-23 10:45 nedthedog
- this is in my local area trying to get some people together to organise a search please if you can help give me a shout on here or on facebook
- 2012-06-23 10:19 bazil
- Thanks minigirl x
- 2012-06-23 10:18 bazil
- Sorry Ashmark my head was all over the place last night after I had been told about Kip. Thanks....I haven't double checked yet but did I read on FB that there had been a possible sighting of Archie with 2 boys???? Also what were the circumstances leading up to him getting lost please and exact location he was last seen x
- 2012-06-23 10:15 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Thank you everyone.
Archie is sadly still missing.
Owners friend is going to come on his page and update locations and possible sightings.
Have advised her to contact microchip company and flag him up as missing
hoping for news of this boy very soon
- 2012-06-23 09:59 maggiesmam
- I was meant to be heading out to Hadston to help in the search for Kip so will head to Choppington instead.
- 2012-06-23 09:46 Sparkle
- Can we have an exact location on where he went missing...ie was it down the farm track near the pastures estate or was it further up morpeth road near the colliery tub ?
- 2012-06-23 09:43 Linz
- I live in the stobhill area and walk dogs all the time will keep a look out just incase Archie has made it up this way!! xx
- 2012-06-23 09:40 lynseyb
- was wearing blue collar and harness when went missing, he is microchipped too
- 2012-06-23 09:38 lynseyb
- further info from owner
missing dog archie! Working cocker spaniel,white n lemon! Which is nearly all white with sandy colour ears n sandy patches over his eyes he has 6 sandy spots down his spine he's very distinctive looking!can everyone put this as his description please!xxxx
- 2012-06-23 09:27 Mrs M
- We were going to Hadston today but will head to Choppington woods instead.
- 2012-06-23 09:16 Peggysparlour
- Hi unfortunately I can not get out today but am free tommorrow so can help with the search , will keep an eye on here for updates , good luck those out searching today let us hope this outcome is a happy one , there is lots of people that were due to go on kip search today but unfortunately woke up to the worst news today , maybe they can help search for Archie x
- 2012-06-23 09:14 Sparkle
- Im free all day and live very close. I will make several searches but i will have my lemon roan cs with me . so i will update after every search incase of false poss sightings x
- 2012-06-23 09:00 bigdavesdad
- Will have a look down through Bothal and Pegswood way
- 2012-06-23 08:40 DaveM
- Can we get some photo's and an exact location
I can get down for a couple of hours this afternoon to have a bit of a search around
- 2012-06-23 08:18 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in NE22,23,24,61,62,63,64.
- 2012-06-22 23:57 mflbcbb
- I am at work at the mo. Will go home via to have a wee look. Hope he has found his way home before then x
- 2012-06-22 23:09 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Photo added ready for email alerts to go out please.
- 2012-06-22 22:18 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Bazil we only send out email alerts once a photo is on the page. I have sent a text requesting a photo.
- 2012-06-22 22:11 bazil
- Please can we get the alerts out to this area as we have a lot of new members on here who have joined to search for Kip. Hope Archie is found safe very soon x
- 2012-06-22 21:28 Gypsy
- You also need to get posters up in the area asap!x
- 2012-06-22 21:25 Gypsy
- Can we have a picture of Archie so we can start sharing and cross posting please? x
- 2012-06-22 21:20 Sharon-ann
- This morning I told a dog walker who walks 2 dogs in the woods to look out for the cs she hadnt seen anything. She will look out for him. My 2 bc walked in the woods this afternoon nothing was seen. I will take them for a walk in the morning in the woods and search for archie. Hope he is found soon.
- 2012-06-22 20:09
- Sorry to see that ARCHIE is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and check that all details are up to date.
- Owners targeted by a malicious hoaxer demanding money for the return of their dog should phone the police on 101 immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A photograph of your dog is essential for the website. If you have not already uploaded one, please do so by clicking on Update details. Alternatively you can email it to email@example.com quoting the dog's DogLost ID number: (40600)
- Obtain a missing poster by clicking on View poster above. Posters are very important so start postering now!
- You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments. You can add comments by clicking on Click here to add a comment.
- Contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, the Police. Give a detailed description with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your area here.
- If your dog has been stolen inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN).
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, it can be legally re-homed after seven days. Visit rescue centres in person and do not rely on checking by phone alone. Other people may not recognise your dog by your description, so give them a DogLost poster.
- Keep us updated by keeping your dog's page up to date and check for posts from helpers who may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings
- DogLost is free and anyone asking for money to find or return your dog is not volunteering for us. If you are concerned about an approach you have received, please call our helpline on 01633 668 364. Lines are open seven days a week 08:00-20:00.