Lost: White And Black Jack Russell Cross Male In Central (NG11)
- Dog ID 40586
- Status Lost
- Registered 22 Jun 2012
- Name JR
- Breed Jack Russell Cross
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Elderly
- Build Small
- Colour White and black
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Toe missing on back foot. 15 years old. Deaf and dementia. Long legged.
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 17 Jun 2012
- Where Lost Clifton, Nottingham.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area NG11
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Wearing a blue collar. JR was been walked with the owner and her other dog, they were near the gate of the nature reserve and owner bent down to put her other dogs lead on and when she stood up he had gone. He is 15 years old, partially deaf and has dementia. This was about 6.00am and a short distance from home. He is not one to go down holes. PLEASE help us find him. Thank you.
- Phone 1 07969 594654
- Phone 2
- Listed By Andrea
- Views 3651
- See more dogs Lost in NG11
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-11-25 11:37 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- JRT cross found (Approx 50 miles away) Described as white with dark (Grey) head says dog is confused, DL ID 45607 Maybe worth ruling out
Text sent to JRs owner xLast edited: 2012-11-25 12:12:16 by Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- 2012-10-31 06:59 Jan.Petsearchuk
- An elderly JRT with blue collar has been taken to the vets at Rocester, nr. Burton on Trent. please phone 01889 590 449 vets, where he is being treated. If you want a photograph please email me on email@example.com
- 2012-10-01 06:21 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- JR's got a FB group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/450187758354911/ - (Where Are You,JR)
- 2012-09-29 18:45 reggiemollieros
- A few people have suggested this Found Dog might be a JR. Dog ID 43462 in the Found section on this site. UPDATE: The found dog I referred to has now been reunited. I am sorry he was not JR. Will keep looking. Last edited: 2012-09-29 19:35:02 by reggiemollieros
- 2012-09-21 09:39 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Have we any more news on this lovely old boy? do hope he is found before the cold weather arrives...
- 2012-08-28 15:39 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Could this be JR
It doesn't give the age....
- 2012-08-16 15:49 Jan.Petsearchuk
- I have re-circulated JR in the hope that it will give people a reminder of him, I hate to see old and confused dogs missing....
- 2012-08-16 11:07 reggiemollieros
- I was just talking to JR's owner on the Babbington Rescue FB page and she mentioned that they and JR lived, 13 years in an area called Bulwell postcode NG6 so if anyone is in that area could they please keep a look out in case he has made his way over there. I see alerts had gone out to NG6 previously so hopefully people from that area are members here. Thank you.
- 2012-07-27 20:04 Bellas Mum
- I have heard that a Jack Russell has been found on Flawforth Lane in Ruddington and taken to RSPCA shelter at Radcliffe on Trent. I think the dog is young though so unlikely to be JR but I haven't seen details myself, just second hand. May be worth a phone call
- 2012-07-20 10:22 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Oh that's a pity, I can't believe how many dogs seem to dissapear into thin air...they have to be somewhere! I hate dogs getting lost, specially very old and very tiny dogs! Where are you JR, we want you home - NOW!
- 2012-07-19 18:16 Owl
- The Barnby Moor dog isn't him, Jan. There is now a photo of that one, much younger and white with brown spots.
- 2012-07-18 07:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine
- 2012-07-16 15:12 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Have you checked found dog 41275. Jack Russell male found on A1 Barnaby Moor, Retford. I don't know how far this is away from you as I don't live in the area, but it's worth a look. Good luck.
- 2012-07-09 18:13 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thank you Charlotte and Nik.
- 2012-07-09 17:44 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Just to confirm, story has gone to Post, Topper & Trent Sound.
- 2012-07-09 17:15 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Charlotte has done a press release for JR, so we'll get it across to the local press.
- 2012-07-05 07:52 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- JR is advertised in the community magazine that is being distributed this week covering Clifton and surrounding areas. I hope it brings some news Andrea
- 2012-07-01 00:54 Andrea
- So sorry. I have only just seen this! Been looking at FB sites and missed this! Thank you for adding JR. It is Brecks Plantation near Summerwood Lane. We still haven't found him. There was a couple of sightings of Jack Russells yesterday. Went to the areas but no signs so not sure whether or not it was JR.
Still hoping that he turns up
- 2012-06-30 22:17 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Hi Sue, I think it is called Brecks Plantation.
- 2012-06-30 15:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Put on Facebook Central and East Mids & Warks
- 2012-06-30 06:47 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Andrea what is the name of the nature reserve?
- 2012-06-29 11:22 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- She didn't say but I think the brambles are quite dense. Maybe that will be included in the search on Sunday.
- 2012-06-28 17:18 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I was thinking about this little one earlier. Liz do you know if owners have managed to do a thorough search of the bramble area in case he's stuck somewhere?
- 2012-06-28 17:14 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, no news on JR but he has been in the paper for the last 3 nights and there is a search planned for Sunday.Last edited: 2012-06-28 17:15:23 by Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- 2012-06-23 15:01 Owl
- The trail we followed yesterday led from entrance to nature reserve down to fields where JR is sometimes walked. There seemed to be a lot of scent in a rape field which backs on to gardens. This has given owners a new area to search and do leaflet drops.
- 2012-06-22 16:45 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Had text from Owl to say she has now been able to go and look for JR:)
- 2012-06-22 13:34 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Just had a call from Owl she has set out but has a problem with her car and she does not think she will make it today. Can anyone who feels they can help please contact the owner but be prepared to be able to go into thick undergrowth/nettles and to wear/take the right equipment for this. All help is very much appreciated. Liz xx
- 2012-06-22 13:07 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I'm really worried for this little fella. With his deafness and dementia he may just keep quiet and still and not respond if he's stuck and nettles are so difficult to search through. I hope he's ok.
- 2012-06-22 13:03 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put JR on twitter + will circulate.
- 2012-06-22 12:59 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Good luck....hope you find him:)
- 2012-06-22 12:53 Owl
- Leaving in 5 mins. I believe people have been helping, but anyone who wants to search please contact owner as the more the better. Mostly nettles 5 ft high to search through, so searchers need tough footwear and clothing plus gardening gloves, and a walking stick of some kind.
- 2012-06-22 11:47 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-06-22 11:44 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Don't know Sue, she didn't mention that she had. Hopefully Owl will find out this afternoon.
- 2012-06-22 11:39 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Thank you:)
- 2012-06-22 11:28 Owl
- We will be helping this afternoon.
- 2012-06-22 11:14 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Has owner been in touch with them Lizzy as it sounds like some help is needed to see if JR might be stuck in the nettles and need some help to get out.
- 2012-06-22 11:00 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- He was lost on the Nature Reserve and Becks Plantation. There ar a lot of nettles which the owner cannot get into. I have enclosed a map of the area. http://www.nottinghamshirewildlife.org/nature-reserves/brecks-plantation/
- 2012-06-22 10:42 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, DW has been contacted and posters are up and flyers have been handed out. There is a thing called the Clifton Gazette on the internet which her friend has set up for her. Owner has also been to Babbington Rescue and the local pound. She has put posters up in the village she moved from a year ago. He has been on the radio once but it was just before the England match. I have suggested the local paper. Local farmer has been notified.Last edited: 2012-06-22 10:46:15 by Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- 2012-06-22 09:59 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Alerts sent to DE7,DE72,DE74,LE11,LE12,NG1,NG10,NG11,NG12,NG2,NG3,NG4,NG5,NG6,NG7,NG8,NG9
- 2012-06-22 09:25
- Sorry to see that JR is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.