Reunited: Tan Cross Breed Female
- Dog ID 40432
- Status Reunited
- Registered 17 Jun 2012
- Name APHRODITE
- Breed Cross Breed
- Gender Female
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Tan
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars 3 Legged,front left missing,6 ys old, black leather collar with diamonds,medium sized, GSD x Beagle.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 16 Jun 2012
- Where Lost 10 Hawkhurst Way, West Wickham, Kent
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area BR4
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 17 Jun 2012
- Other Info Rescued from a bad road accident in Athens where she lost her leg. Last seen 10am on Saturday the 16th of June in Sherwood Way heading towards High Street.
- Phone 1 07580 130236
- Phone 2 07580 130374
- Listed By NS
- Views 1758
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-06-18 11:41 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Welcome home pretty little girl. I'm so pleased you're safe. Well done all xx
- 2012-06-18 08:55 heidi
- Excellent news !
- 2012-06-17 23:27 jobadger
- So pleased you're home safely little girl. xx
- 2012-06-17 22:23 Millys Mum
- Pecka - knew you would be happy to hear the good news and also knew you would have done all you could to help. I expect Aphrodite is catching up on her beauty sleep at the mo with a nice full belly. I shall have to look out for her when in West Wickham. I also suspect that her Mum & Dad are having a rest too as I know what a worrying night they must have had. Nick & Lily - how far away from home was she and in what direction had she travelled? I presume a distance as you needed to bring her home on the bus. I hope they didn't charge her the fare! It sounds as though she would have had to cross roads as well to end up outside the finder's house. I also hope she is recovering from her scary overnight ordeal. Is it just her pads that are sore? So glad to hear she will be getting an ID tag in the morning to compliment her microchip (the shoe repairers in the High Street near to Clarks shoeshop and not far from Cafe Nero have a good selection and are very nice people - think they are called 'West Wickham Cobblers') as you really cannot be too careful these days. I have to say she really does have such a pretty face - I just love the head shot of her relaxing... xxLast edited: 2012-06-17 22:29:14 by Millys Mum
- 2012-06-17 21:45 Pecka
- Great news..so pleased. Millys Mum, yes sorry off duty this weekend and tomorrow but of course would of done what I could. Well done all concerned x
- 2012-06-17 20:20 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Whoop whoop, more FANTASTIC news :)) - I'm sooooooooooooo pleased to see Aphrodite is home, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)))))
I'm really pleased for you Nick and Lily, please give her a (((HUG))) from me xxx
Welcome home Aphrodite, stay safe xxxLast edited: 2012-06-17 20:21:16 by Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- 2012-06-17 17:26 NS
- :D Thank you very much all for your support!Yes Aphrodite is home.When the lady found her she was shaking and when we went in...she was standing at the corner of the garden , looking as she couldnt believe it was us!she must have been really scared out there alone all night but now she is very happy again , as we are!!!Thank you all, you are amazing!We still cannot believe all the support we received from you.And a special thanks to Millys mum - Wendy and ofcourse Maggie who found us from the begining!!!From Nick-Lily-Aphrodite...THANK YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOUOUOUOUOU!!!!
P.S Aphrodite will have her shiny ID , first thing in the morning!
P.S2 Excuse me for my English! :)
- 2012-06-17 17:03 pollydog
- What a huge relief, I'm so glad she's safe and well. She's had too many adventures in her short life, so let's hope she stays close to home now. Look forward to seeing a reunited photo and seeing her move to blue.
- 2012-06-17 16:57 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- awww - that's great news....well done finders and everyone else involved!! Stay safe now Aphrodite!
- 2012-06-17 16:53 Millys Mum
- Hi Pecka - I also sent you an email but... the good news is that gorgeous Aphrodite has been found safe and sound albeit very scared and with sore legs/feet. Just I was printing off posters to drop into owners, I had a call to say that they had just received a call from Bromley's dog warden service to say that someone in West Wickham had found a 3-legged dog! Owners then called finder and yes, A RESULT, it was Aphrodite. The owners were taking her home via the bus as she was so sore and so a bit difficult to hear what was said but, from what I could gather, the finder's own dog started barking at something today and, when they investigated, their dog was barking at Aphrodite who was outside their house. What a clever dog, eh? And so a big thank you to the finders, their clever dog, to the dog warden service and Maggie & Star for spotting the Gumtree ad in the first place. I'm hoping that Aphrodite's owners will update page once they've had time to feed her, settle her and give her some extra TLC and cuddles. I've also asked them to get this pretty girl a nice, new, shiny ID tag as a welcome home present. They said a big thank you to DL and were surprised to receive such support. Welcome home Aphrodite and no more running away from home!!!
- 2012-06-17 15:12 Pecka
- Hi I work as a PCSO in Coney Hall, I am back to work Tuesday so will spread the word to all my contacts and also my colleagues in West Wickham..its times like this I wish I was back to work tomorrow..sorry. I really hope she is found soon.
- 2012-06-17 15:08 Millys Mum
- Jayne - would you add the black leather collar with diamante and that's she's 6 year's old and a medium-sized GSD/Beagle cross to 'Other Info' please so that it appears on the poster.
- 2012-06-17 14:48 Jayne - Head Office
- Says in the marks and scars...
- 2012-06-17 14:44 Millys Mum
- Jayne - sorry to be a pest but could you also add that Aphrodite is wearing a black collar decorated with diamante. Thanks!
- 2012-06-17 14:40 Millys Mum
- Have just spoken to Jayne who is updating Aphrodite's poster - thanks Jayne! I also tried to report Aphrodite's missing status to SDK Environment (not sure if Aphrodite's other owner has already done this but she is at work at the moment amd so can't check for certain until later when she calls me) but SDK's system would allow me to report a dog as missing. Could this be the case? I called them on 0844 482 8337. I also called my vets (Foxgrove Road) who confirmed that they are aware. Because we don't know at the moment which way she would have headed (that's assuming she reached the High Street) she could have headed towards Croydon (nearby Bethlem Royal Hospital has 140 acres but is frequented by dogwalkers) or she could have headed towards Sparrows Den (another vast area of playing fields and woods) along Addington Road and near to Layhams Farm. We just need so more positive sightings to know where to target initially. Owner also told me that they lived in Beckenham Road, West Wickham (not the one in Beckenham!) for 2 months and so she might head there. This would be close to Blakes Recreation Ground and near to St David's Close. Other parks include High Broom Woods, Harvington Estate, Crease Park (Village Way / Wellhouse Road), Croydon Road Recreation Ground (near Beckenham Beacon hospital) and Kelsey Park, to name a few. There's also the Park Langley golfcourse and sports/school fields in the area of Hawksbrook Lane and St Dunstan's Lane.
- 2012-06-17 14:07 Millys Mum
- I also meant to say that Aphrodite's owners do not have transport and so would appreciate help with postering. I can print off some and drop them in to them later on today but need to speak to DL Admin first to amend/update the poster. If anyone from Admin is reading this can you give me a call please or I will give you a ring. Thanks!
- 2012-06-17 13:57 Millys Mum
- I've just had a call back from the holding kennels (thank you so much Meg!) but unfortunately Aphrodite not with them at the moment. I've spoken to Aprodite's owner and explained that someone may have taken her in for the weekend and may not report her until tomorrow (Monday). NS said that he found Aprodite aged just 7 months beside the road in Athens where she had been involved in a RTA (she was also pregnant!). He took her to the vets and spend a large sum of money to save her life by agreeing to have her leg amputated (the vet wanted to put her to sleep). The owners are quite distraught and cannot believe how kind people are being. He doesn't have a printer (although does have access to a computer).Last edited: 2012-06-17 14:01:53 by Millys Mum
- 2012-06-17 13:10 Millys Mum
- I have just left a message for a holding kennels who are used for the London Borough of Bromley's contracted-out dogwarden service. Stray dogs have ended up there is the past. I know the owners/staff quite well and so have asked them to call me if Aphrodite is there. I also have all the local contact numbers and so I will send you a text message if you wish to call me on my landline or on my mobile. I'm sure DogLost Helper ellejay will see this and respond and one of my friends works as a volunteer at the Last Chance fundraising shop and she is always happy to display a poster. I know that this alert will also go to another friend/Helper who normally drops a poster into our mutual friend. Good Luck and hope she is found today.
- 2012-06-17 13:01 Millys Mum
- NS - this in right on my doorstep as I live on the West Wickham side of Beckenham i.e. Park Langley near to the Chinese Garage roundabout. Foxgrove Veterinary Centre ARE OPEN TODAY as they cover all emergencies for ALL local vets 24/7. It's my vets and the veterinary staff and nurses are very caring! Their number is 020 8650 2003. I will also alert one of our very caring PCSOs from the Hayes & Coney Hall Team and will send her a link to Aphrodite's DogLost page. Waggles the West Wickham petshop is great and they also have smashing (also very caring) staff.
- 2012-06-17 12:31 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Hi NS - sorry I'm not local so can't help you poster....I have done a quick search for Staples or Rymans who do printing and copying and are usually open on Sundays. the nearest I could find is a Rymans in Bromley - open til 4:30 today I think - postcode BR1 1LE - ph number 020 8460 6606 - link to store details below:
Looks like a couple of miles from where you are? Hope this helps and you find her soonLast edited: 2012-06-17 12:35:17 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-06-17 11:52 NS
- I just registered her chip and details with Petlog!
- 2012-06-17 11:44 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- she is 6 yrs old
- 2012-06-17 11:40 NS
- Thank you very much all!!!thank you for the posters cause we are trying to find a shop to print but everything is closed.i ve called everywhere but i havent register the chip in UK.i will do that now...and most vets are closed today so we ll have to wait till tomorrow!!!I really appreciate your interest!!!
- 2012-06-17 11:37 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you bertiejess, pollydog & heidi for all your help.
They have also contacted Croydon DW :)
I have given them the full list and contact details of DW's in the area and surrounding areas. I have advised them to contact vets and DW in the area and surrounding areas, same with rescues, plus other info.
This is not a area that i help in but i would never not help anyone that needed it :)
I have advised them to look on here at the comments for further, help, advise and support - i know they were going back out searching for her, fingers crossed they find her very soon :) Would be fantastic to come home from work and see she is reunited :)
- 2012-06-17 11:07 heidi
- Sorry to hear about Aphrodite, not exactly local to me, but will be going through WW today, so have printed some posters and will post them on main road through to croydon, don't know what the road is, but I'll put them up in the best places. Thinking of you. x
- 2012-06-17 10:21 pollydog
- its very important that the ownmers register her chip with a uk data base whilst she is here, I suggest PetLog. They can always re-register when they take her back to Greece. The reason for this is that if she is picked up with a Greek chip, she could be considered a rabies risk and quarantined (or worse), if the authorities can not confirm that she is here legally with a passport.
- 2012-06-17 09:47 bertiejess
- As well as the Bromley dog warden it would be good to contact the Croydon dog warden as well as West Wickham borders with Shirley (Croydon). The area she was lost from in very residential so make sure that you really poster everywhere as it is likely that someone has taken her in. I have emailed Scallywags pet shop in West Wickham. Owners please also contact Waggles on the High Street. I have emailed her poster to Eden Veterinary Centre and Foxgrove Vets.Last edited: 2012-06-17 09:57:19 by bertiejess
- 2012-06-17 09:43 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have given them advise and info, hope thats ok
- 2012-06-17 09:33 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- thank you Bertiejess for your help
- 2012-06-17 09:32 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Shes a German Shepherd X Beagle
- 2012-06-17 09:27 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I sent the owner a message when i saw the missing Ad on gumtree - they have replied to my mail and have told me that her chip is registered in Greece and they are only here for 3 months.
They have contacted the DW and registered as missing with Battersea Dogs Home - they said they would contact there owne vets on Monday!
- 2012-06-17 09:26 bertiejess
- Many of my friends live in WW so have sent them this. Am currently tied up with exams but will be able to poster and help at the end of this week.
- 2012-06-17 07:48 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in BR1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. CR0.