Reunited: Grey/Blue And White Whippet Female
- Dog ID 40396
- Status Reunited
- Registered 15 Jun 2012
- Name LOLA
- Breed Whippet
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Young Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Grey/Blue and White
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 14 Jun 2012
- Where Lost Newgate Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area SK9
- Date Found
- Where Found Update to follow
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 22 Mar 2013
- Other Info Lola went missing when she wandered off from her owner on a walk and may just have lost her scent home. Lola is SPAYED and MICROCHIPPED. Lola is very friendly but young and may bolt if approached, please contact with any information or sightings. If found she should be reported to the council dog warden WHICH IS THE LAW.
- Phone 1 07920 258185
- Phone 2 07920 826605
- Reward? Yes
- Listed By CarolineWright
- Views 14255
- Followers 2
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-03 09:23 WB Owner
- Thank you everyone for all your kindness. Lola is doing well she is eating fine and settling into a new routine - we were fortunate after six weeks Lola went to a caring family. We have put posters up locally as so many people helped us in our search. The lady that had Lola keeps in touch - that is the tragic thing (someone's personal greed and dishonesty) brought heartache to two families. WB
- 2013-03-30 00:45 Sarah W
- Oh wow I have only just seen this fabulous news. I'm so delighted that Lola's been reunited and is safe and well, I've often thought of her whilst walking my dog on the commmon and mentioned her to lots of other dog walkers I talk to. Welcome Home xx
- 2013-03-25 23:54 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Wow I'm so pleased I remember Lola's story & thinking how much she looked like a friends boy whippy! really thrilled she is back with her owner & thankfully looked after well these dog thieves make me sick the sadness & distress they cause I hope to god the law starts to toughen & come down hard on these scum bags! Welcome home Lola you beautiful girl stay safe xx
- 2013-03-25 13:00 Nickhoneys
- What a result, welcome home Lola xx Gives hope to all those with long term lost doggies.
- 2013-03-25 10:33 Meru
- Fantastic news! Welcome home Lola - stay safe and close now little sweetie xx
- 2013-03-24 23:41 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Brilliant news WB Owner....since hearing the news yesterday I have been waiting for your update. So pleased to hear you have your girl back.
As you say - well done to the lady who had bought her for coming forward....and power to the MICROCHIP! Welcome home Lola - stay safe now lovely girl! :))) xxx
- 2013-03-24 23:00 AnnieSparky
- So pleased to see Lola is back home with her family. Thankyou for the update Wendy, it must have been an emotional weekend for you all. Thank goodness Lola was chipped. Welcome home lovely girl :)xx
- 2013-03-24 21:46 Jackie
- Fantastic news that Lola is finally back where she belongs.
- 2013-03-24 21:35 WB Owner
- On Friday morning (22 March) I got a call from PetLog to say that they had taken a call from a lady who had Lola. I was stunned as just the day before I had been chatting to a lady on a walk and said I was never giving up and hoped one day she would be returned to me. The lady who had Lola lived in Audenshaw, Stockport - just 25 mins away and had purchased Lola through a friend having seen a photo of her in a pub. She paid £170 for her and believd the purchase to be in good faith. Whilst with that family, Lola has been well looked after but had been fretting. On taking Lola to the vets the lady established Lola was chipped and from that it was established she was a missing dog. Friday afternoon, I went to pick her up - and we were reunited - it was licks and kisses and more licks and kisses - she certainly remembered me - although it was clear she was also content with her new family. She is now back home and introduced to the two whippets we have acquired in the meantime and so we have quite a houseful - but we are so so happy. It is now clear that Lola was stolen and sold on - probably once or even twice - I think it is dispiccable that anyone can be sick enough to do such a thing and I am just grateful that the lady that had her did the honourable thing and returned her to me. All I would say to those out there who are still looking for their pet - Never give up hope. A big thank you to everyone for all your kind words and support during the last 9 months - we couldnt have got through it without.
- 2013-03-24 17:23 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Absolutely delighted to see Lola is back where she belongs. Tried a couple of times to catch up with her owner but no luck so far. I will update the full story as soon as I hear it.
In the meantime...Welcome Home Lola xxx
- 2013-03-24 11:26 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Absolutely fantastic news. So pleased she's been found xx
- 2013-03-24 09:20 millypod
- Welcome home Lola, also looking forward to update :)
- 2013-03-24 08:13 duffs54
- Fabulous news for Lola and her family, like others have said cannot wait to hear how she was found etc, come on all you long and short termers show yourselves and get back home to hugs and kisses xxxx
- 2013-03-23 21:07 MAZ
- OMG! That is SO amazingly good to hear - and must give hope that other dogs who have been lost for months may also return home safely ... fingers crossed for them!
- 2013-03-23 20:29 Shereen
- What BRILLIANT news for Lola and her Family!....cant wait for the update !
- 2013-03-23 19:47 Claire - Dogs Northwest Repost
- Awwww I just love happy endings! Where has she been, do we know?
Stay safe now beautiful girl xx
- 2013-03-23 19:34 redmonkey
- Brilliant news. Lola has been on my mind - and I'm so pleased she's been found.
- 2013-03-23 17:38 kjp
- Thats brilliant news ,stay safe now lola you beautiful girl xxx
- 2013-03-23 15:49 Jackie
- Fantastic news...can't wait to see some updates xxx
- 2013-03-23 14:58 Jayne - Head Office
- Great news...what happened?
- 2013-03-23 14:54 Claire Weston Turville
- Terrific news of Lola's return. Look forward to the update having been gone since last year. Welcome back Lola and stay safe and close from now on xxLast edited: 2013-03-23 17:35:02 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2013-03-23 13:39 janiejewel1649
- More good news today on Doglost. Absolutely wonderful news. So pleased Lola is home, and looking forward to the update. Stay safe now pretty Lola:-) :-) :-)xxx
- 2013-03-23 13:01 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Pleased to report LOLA is HOME, just spoken to her owner. Jackalee or owner will update a.s.a.p. Into the BLUE you go LOLA sending you a big hug and cuddle.
Thanks to the helper for the alert. xxx
- 2012-09-23 15:33 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thank you skippy :) WB Owner, we will always look out for Lola in our searches.
If anyone has any new info/sightings please do not hesitate to contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org as we do not have a system to alert us to new comments, thank you.
- 2012-09-16 14:37 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- still looking out for your girl WB Owner... as you say - you never know!
- 2012-08-28 13:17 WB Owner
- No update on Lola unfortunately. I have noted the sighting in East Yorks and will do what I can to pursue this although probably unlikely. I just hope that one day she comes home. Appreciate the ads in the Countryman's weekly - you never know. WB
- 2012-08-23 19:24 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- thank you Sue
- 2012-08-15 09:09 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-08-11 00:25 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Seems a little unlikely due to the distance, but if you think Lola has been picked up, you might want to investigate, but there is a 'sighted only' report of a young Blue white whippet in the found section in Beverley East Yorkshire. Found dog 41946
- 2012-07-31 17:45 WB Owner
- Many thanks Sue
- 2012-07-31 15:48 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- WB Owner, I'll put Lola on the list I'll be sending off tomorrow. Her details and photo will go in.
- 2012-07-31 15:31 WB Owner
- Sue Lola is still missing. Is there a process for putting an ad in teh Countryman's weekly - I was just going to contact them. Any guidance would be appreciated.
- 2012-07-31 13:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- If still missing please put on the list for a Countryman's Weekly magazine advert
- 2012-07-30 20:23 Sarah W
- Hi Wendy,
Thanks for explaining about the missing posters, I wasn't sure if it was something menacing...my mind going into overtime as usual. I'll keep tweeting and FB to keep her visable. I can't imaginge what your going through :( , I'm glad your getting lots of support from this forum and others. Keep faith, there are some fabulous reunited stories on here, I always look at this section after checking the lost section to cheer myself up. Take Care. Sarah
- 2012-07-30 08:49 WB Owner
- Hi Sarah
some of the posters have been taken down by the council and we have also taken some down. we have spoken to a number of people and given the mysterious circumstances in which Lola vanished we can only conclude that she has been stolen and is now probably out of area. we have left some posters where we think people out of area will go and we are going to advertise on game fair sites and in countrymans weekly. We are also going to see if we can add Lolas details to the prince albert fishing club website (there is a pond at the end of Newgate belonging to that fishing club). We are therefore trying to spread the search a little further, whilst at the same time keeping an eye out locally. I so appreciate all your help on this - people's support is what keeps you going. This is one of the worst experiences of my life - I just do not know how people can be so cruel. wendy
- 2012-07-27 18:11 Sarah W
- I have noticed that Lola's missing posters have been removed from around the common. Not sure if this is a council initative? Is there a restriction on how long you can have the posters up? I'm happy to put some more posters up if someone could advise ok to do so, as would hate for any fines to be impossed. Thanks. Sarah
- 2012-07-24 18:52 WB Owner
- Thanks everyone for thinking of us and that it may be Lola, hopefully one day it will be. Wendy
- 2012-07-24 12:19 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- :( what a disappointment - glad to hear Polly is on her way home, but very sorry it wasn't Lola.
Will keep looking.
- 2012-07-24 12:10 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Just heard back from the AW's and the dog below is called Polly and her owners are on their way to collect her from Manchester Dogs Home. Not Lola this time, but all please keep looking. Thanks again skippy x
- 2012-07-24 11:57 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Haha Jackalee - when I checked half an hour ago to see if anyone had spotted the post, your comment wasn't there so I texted the owner myself....:)
Fingers crossed it's Lola! xx
- 2012-07-24 11:31 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thanks skippy, just seen the same thing myself. Will get in contact with Lola's owners :)
- 2012-07-23 21:54 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- There is a found female grey whippet listed on the animals wardens site today. It is some distance I think, and I would hope if it was Lola, you would have been contacted via her microchip, but details as follows:
23 Jul 2012
Location: Sale M33
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
While it is a little bit of a longshot, I do hope this is Lola!xxLast edited: 2012-07-23 22:12:22 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-07-20 21:31 AnnieSparky
- Sorry am not closer to help you....but keep going Wendy. Lola must be somewhere. Will keep checking on internet. Lots of luck she turns up very soon xx
- 2012-07-17 19:19 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Everything crossed you get good news on your girl soon!x
- 2012-07-17 14:13 WB Owner
- Hi Sarah - thanks that it is a good idea. We have got a fox trap just in case.
Will never give up on my girl coming home. wendyLast edited: 2012-07-17 14:13:28 by WB Owner
- 2012-07-16 14:06 Sarah W
- Hi Wendy, Have you asked the business if they would mind checking their cctv cameras, maybe you could double check if it was Lola or get the poss get the car reg?? Still keeping nose to ground and also have a poster in my pocket to show people (usually other dog walkers) Did you manage to get hold of a trap? I was also going to suggest you contact Blue's owners as very similar dog and maybe trade ideais (you've already done this). You have my mobile number, please give me a shout if you want me to check out anything. Best of Luck . SarahLast edited: 2012-07-16 14:08:02 by Sarah W
- 2012-07-16 12:44 WB Owner
- I am not sure if anyone can help. There was a sighting of a grey whippet/greyhound type dog last Tuesday (10 July). The dog was seen leaving Sainsburys carpark and was close to the BP garage. A lady was pursuing it and went back to her car to collect a lead but we don't know what happened thereafter or if the dog was Lola. Our permenant home is close by on Greenway (we are currently in rented on newgate. I have left a bed and food for Lola at our other house just in case. - if anyone has any further informtaion on this I would be very grateful - I miss my girl so so much. thank you Wendy
- 2012-07-09 20:26 AnnieSparky
- Hi Wendy, sorry lovely Lola is still missing....thought it was a long shot but well you never know.
Keep going with your searches.....and posters. Did you get her on facebook and twitter? I'm not on either yet but know they help spread the word......especially if she has been taken in or even stolen. Local papers also....people often respond to them. Ill keep a looking around though sadly a bit far away to search on the ground.
Good luck....shes out there somewhere and good shes chipped xx
- 2012-07-09 08:56 WB Owner
Thank you for you for your update. unfortunately it doesn't sound like Lola as she is a small whippet adn is micro-chipped (you can actualy feel her chip at the back of her neck). I will however give them a call just in case - it also shows that they do show up. I went out looking again at the weekend but no joy.
many thanks again wendy baker
- 2012-07-07 20:10 AnnieSparky
- I know this is probably highly unlikely but would anyone ever mistake a whippet for a greyhound?
I saw the following on TheCheshirePetNetwork website:
Greyhound cross bitch found in Lower Whitley on 18th June. Friendly and pleasant. She is not microchipped. For more information please telephone 01925 732888 (Added 19/6/2012)
- 2012-07-06 11:51 WB Owner
- Thank you CC for the update and your continued effort and support. It is disapointing news and it raises my original fears that Lola has in fact been taken, given that it all happened so quickly. We will continue to look for her and hope if she has been taken that one day she turns up and that in the meantime she is being looked after properly. Many many thanks once again. Wendy
- 2012-07-05 18:43 Sarah W
- I walked up Greaves Road this afternoon and came across a loose dog running through the fields and up the lane, as I turned the corner the dogs owner was shouting him in from his garden in West View Terraces. I spoke to this man about lola being seen behind Boddingtons, and he thought there was a very good chance it could be his sons whippet which he said looked like the picture I showed him. He said that both his and his sons dogs often get out and runaround the area!!?? I carried on up the lane to allottments, but surprisingy no one around on a rare sunny day, but I have left a poster up by the entrance gate. I'm sorry it's not been good to report, but I'm not giving up and finding the little girl. Good Luck All. CC x
- 2012-07-05 00:27 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Its all good Caroline, even if you didn't see her tonight you are adding to the scent just by walking around the area and she will know she is safe to stay there. I believe Lola likes squeaky toys, would she respond if she heard the sound?? Might be an idea to try, especially when its quiet.
- 2012-07-04 23:10 CarolineWright
- Hi everyone.
I have been out this evening with my other half and Lola's owners we spent alot of time covering all of the areas of the sightings.
Katherine, at the moment it is lolas cage that is being used but Wendy has ordered a trap that should be here by the weekend.
CC thank you so much for your help that sounds like some good ideas, I will be over tomorrow morning and Wendy will be out again in the evening.
Thank you all for your help and good wishes.
- 2012-07-04 23:06 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Great to hear there have been some more sightings of this little girl. Come home safe soon Lola!x
- 2012-07-04 22:34 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- WB Owner its great to see you posting on here :)
I have bumped Lola's page to todays date due to the latest sighting. It sounds promising that she has been seen in the same area and it sounds ideal surroundings for her to be hiding out in. Get the latest sighting on the map with the others, it all builds up a picture of her movements. The weather has been horrendous the last few days and would explain why she has gone to ground.
Have you managed to get hold of a trap or is it Lola's own crate you are using? Try to go back with food at the same time everyday and if it is Lola she will hopefully get into a routine, nice smelly food.
You are all doing a great job, keep positive x
- 2012-07-04 19:10 Sarah W
- That's great news that there's been local sightings, she is so very close. I did my usual daily common/moss walk and saw all your new posters up. I'm going to dog training tonight at Damien Rileys, so will have a little drive around on way back. Tommorow I'll have a wonder over to Greaves Road via racecourse and see if any of the allotment folk have had any sightings and maybe also the retirement village Mossway Park. GL tonight and fingers crossed. CC
- 2012-07-04 18:22 CarolineWright
- I was over at the area of the sighting this morning, there was no sign of her but there was alot of people around! I will be back this evening with my other half and Lola's owners in the hope that with all of us looking and the fact that it has stopped raining we will be able to find her!!
- 2012-07-04 08:41 WB Owner
- There was another sighting of what could be Lola last night at 9.30 pm. She was seen going into the bushes on the land at the back of the Boddington Arms car park ( there is a lane that runs off racecourse road and joins the Altrincham road and it is just off there that the back of a grey short coated dog was seen) - there is a lot of undergrowth and laurel bushes which would provide shelter. This is in the same vicinty that she was sighted last week. If it was her she appears to be scavanging in the public bins on the BA car park as there was a Mcdonalds take out box on the road left abandoned and I noticed this morning that there were other McDonald wrappings in the bin. We have now left her bed in her cage (which she loved) together with some food in those bushes. We are so very grateful to everyone who has assisted us in searching for Lola and supported us - I cannot describe how desperate we are to have her home and would urge you to continue to look in this area. Many thanks again Wendy Baker
- 2012-07-02 19:36 CarolineWright
- Thank you to everyone for all of your help. Wendy. Lola's owner has even scenting all weekend, there have been no more reported sightings of Lola but we are hoping that now that the scouts have gone she may. Be spotted. Thanks again for all of your help. X
- 2012-07-01 23:37 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thank you CC and LGreen, your help means a lot to Lolas family. I spoke on Friday to Lolas owner but not had chance to update due to being at a show for the last 2 days. Posters are still up and they are busy scenting the area of the latest sighting to try and keep Lola in the area and hopefully lead her home.
CC if there has been activity in the area this weekend Lola will probably have stayed well out of the way. Hopefully now the scouts have gone she will show herself again. Come on Lola, time to come home!!!
- 2012-07-01 21:48 LGreen
- Hi, i work at Newgate kennels full time so whenever i get a chance i will do all i can to try and help you find Lola, everytime i go down Newgate Lane i always wish she will just come out infront of me so i can give her back to you, hope your all ok and hopefully she will come home soon
- 2012-06-29 15:25 Sarah W
- Just got back in from doing the outer perimeter path on the common on racecourse road. Since last done that path it seems there's been some scout group activity taking place in the woods, whether they had a camp out unsure. I'll keep checking in just in case there's new areas I can help search. GLLast edited: 2012-06-29 16:49:36 by Sarah W
- 2012-06-29 15:17 Sarah W
- I'm walking my dog at least once daily on the common scanning the area. It's great news thats she's been sited so close again. Could she be getting food behind boddingtons pub or chinese takeouts on Chapel Road. Please contact me if you want me to pop out with Tilly this afternoon. She's is a scent hound but I've only had her six weeks and owning a dog is all very new to me, but you never know? I don't think I can post my number on a open forum but maybe admin can pass you my mobile number? Good Luck.
- 2012-06-29 11:56 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thanks for the text Caroline. Its very positive that there has been another sighting Looks like someone has already bumped Lola's page :)
The sighting was of a grey whippet, white on the face crossing Racecourse Road near Lindow Common if anyone is in the area to keep an eye out. Wendy (Lola's owner)is going to scent the area this afternoon. I will speak to her at some point today to offer further advise. Fingers crossed for some good news soon.
- 2012-06-29 09:55 CarolineWright
- We have had a VERY positive sighting of Lola. Yesterday at 10am running across racecourse road from the common near the pub. Please keep looking for her, many thanks Caroline
- 2012-06-25 22:09 wilmslow wags
- i went back about 7pm and walked around the paths near the shelter but it seemed quite busy at that time with dog walkers and runners also its still quite light. Whether that would make her hide more if she is timid i dont know. Thinking of maybe going back nearer to when it gets darker as it would be quieter. Im doing everything i can to help.
- 2012-06-25 13:22 wilmslow wags
- Been searching for over an hour now where the shelter is with her bed. Will come back tonight
- 2012-06-24 23:22 wilmslow wags
- Hi I am sarah from wilmslow wags dog walkng and pet sitting service. when im not walking dogs i have been out there looking for Lola and I have told all my clients to keep a look out too. I will be out there again tomorrow looking. x
- 2012-06-23 09:29 CarolineWright
- I had a call late last night from a twitter followers who thought he had seen Lola crossing Buckingham Drive. Wendy went straight over to look but there was no sign. Please kelp looking for Lola. Thank you
- 2012-06-22 22:06 CarolineWright
- Wendy, Lola's owner was out this evening and saw a small black lurcher that definately wasn't Lola. But this may have been the dog that people have been seeing. We are not giving up hope for Lola but we now do not think that it is definatly her that has been seen. Please keep looking for her. Thank you
- 2012-06-22 21:28 CarolineWright
- Once again thank you CC for your help. It is very good that she seems to still be in the area. Now we just have to find her. Her owner has been scenting and has made her a bed in a shelter. Ear the sightings in the hope that we can coax her home. She eats anything, even likes dog poo, so I'm sure she will be ok! Thanks again for your help my fiancé and I will be over there tomorrow. X
- 2012-06-22 20:41 Sarah W
- Been out this evening with Tilly on Common and walked the bridlepaths between Newgate,Lindow Lane, Battery Lane, Strawberry lane. Saw all you new posters, but the poster on the entrance to the Common opposite Newgate Lane had been ripped off (I really hoped that she had been found). I have been calling her name and using a whistle (not sure if she responds to this?) It's great that she's still in the area, and so very close to home. Could she be getting food from somewhere? Do the kennels store anyfood in outhouses on their land that she could maybe have access to through the bridlepaths, unless she's eating horse poo like mine :/ I don't know anything about the breed but she seems like a plucky little girl. Best of luck as always. CC x
- 2012-06-22 17:32 Gillian
- If I didn't have such a busy few days I'd come and help you look - I'm not a million miles away in Glossop. Just got loads on this weekend. Hope Lola shows herself to you soon and lets you catch her. I always feel especially concerned for the lost whippets, having two of my own. Good luck xxxLast edited: 2012-06-22 17:35:19 by Gillian
- 2012-06-22 17:07 CarolineWright
- There has been another report of a sighting of Lola in the same area, we are still looking for her. Thank You everyone for all of your help.
CarolineLast edited: 2012-06-22 17:12:32 by CarolineWright
- 2012-06-22 15:19 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- still circulating on twitter.
- 2012-06-21 21:39 CarolineWright
- Thanks, I will be back out in the morning with Floss so fingers crossed. Thank you all for your good wishes. X Last edited: 2012-06-21 21:40:25 by CarolineWright
- 2012-06-21 21:33 Gillian
- I do hope you get Lola back soon. She is so lovely x
- 2012-06-21 21:07 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- That is great CarolineWright, Wendy mentioned that you were taking Flossie out, lets hope the scent works. Like I said earlier, try and get an item of clothing belonging to the family in the area, or some of Lolas bedding. Somewhere that will give her natural shelter, under a bush would be ideal and try leaving some food and water there too. We need to let Lola know it is safe to stay in the area. I know there are plenty of posters up but make sure all the local shops, vets etc know so everyone is looking for Lola. The more sightings we have the better.
Lola's page bumped due to the sighting.
- 2012-06-21 18:43 CarolineWright
- Thanks Jackalee for your help.
There have been two posotive sounding sightings of Lola on the bridal path near SPRINGFIELD HOUSE behind NEWGATE LANE KENNELS please keep looking if you are in the area.
I have been and walked from Lolas house in a circuit and back to her house with Flossie her daycare friend. I just hope that she will pick up Flossies scent and find her way home. Lola's owners will be back out this evening and I will go back with Flossie in the morning.
Thank you again everyone for your help. We need Lola home.
- 2012-06-20 22:24 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thanks everybody for keeping an eye out for Lola, its very much appreciated.
Had a message on FB a couple of days ago from CarolineWright but we keep missing each other. Will try to ring you again tomorrow Caroline.
- 2012-06-20 21:14 Maria
- Have been keeping eyes open each day around SK8 area - quite a few whippets seen recently, all on leads. A fair distance from where Lola was lost, but will continue to watch out. Good luck. x
- 2012-06-19 16:32 CarolineWright
- Thank you CC for your help you are very kind. Please just keep doing what your doing. She is a lovely dog and if someone has decided to keep her we need to make it as difficult as possible for them by keeping her profile high. I can't thank you enough. Xxx
- 2012-06-18 22:14 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Circulating on twitter.
- 2012-06-18 19:43 Sarah W
- Spent about 3 hours walking around The Carrs, Styal Mill and the back of the rugby club. Lots of your posters of Lola already up which is great. Spoke to lots of dog walkers who will pass info on to others dw's. Fingers crossed some kind person has given temporary shelter to your girl. Please let me know if you want me to search anyware particular. In the meantime will obviously keep searching on my usual routes around common/moss. Best of Luck. CCLast edited: 2012-06-18 23:06:37 by Sarah W
- 2012-06-18 12:49 CarolineWright
- Thank You Jane. That is very good of you. I am her day carer and am helping with the search. Thank You again x
- 2012-06-18 09:28 Animal Support Volunteers
- Animal Support Volunteers here. I have circulated poster to Volunteers locally and sent one to Morley Green Club as they have so many local members. Fingers crossed! From T.Jane Windsor
- 2012-06-17 18:53 CarolineWright
- Hi, thank you so much for all of your help, this is very kind of you. Please let me know if you see her.
- 2012-06-17 17:14 Sarah W
- Just been out again on common and moss and took some smelly cheese and spare lead just incase. You have been busy posting up plenty of flyers around common and fishing club. Looks like Lola followed this blond lady wz her greyhound onto the common. I spoke to some regular dog walkers around Black Lake to keep an eye out and I did the perimiter path around the common through all the undergrowth. Just a thought and you might well have already done this, Put/Ask posters up at Ned Yates /Damian Rileys Dog Training Building (follow road after Ned Yates) Local Cycle/Running clubs, local stables, Wilmslow Messenger. The farm right at the end of Newgate after prince albert lake has a lot of derelict outbuildings, I went up to some of these calling, but obviously she wouldn't be familiar with my voice. Do the newgate kennel staff walk any of their boarders on the common? I'll probably walk around The Carrs tomorrow, so will of course keep my eyes open. Best of Luck. CCLast edited: 2012-06-17 17:23:23 by Sarah W
- 2012-06-17 16:32 CarolineWright
- Hello, yes taht does sound like Lola. It wasnt her owner you saw though. Lola went missing from her house on Newgate lane at around that time. Thank you for your comment. x
- 2012-06-17 00:41 Sarah W
- Hi, I was on the common about 6.30-7pm on Thursday evening with my neice walking my little dog and saw a dog very similar to the 2nd picture. The dog was offlead and whizzing around the heath having fun and excited. A minute of two later I met a lady with an elderly whippet/greyhound dog on a lead and assumed this was other dogs owner as I remarked to her how fast the other dog was. This was probably the owner? I have seen your posters around the village and will keep my eye out as always walking there as live only a few minutes away. Best of Luck . CCLast edited: 2012-06-17 02:00:26 by Sarah W
- 2012-06-16 16:43 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Lola is also registered with the Animal Wardens
16 Jun 2012 Whippet
Location: Wilmslow SK9
Our Ref: 270299
- 2012-06-16 16:39 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Lola has been added to DogLost by Caroline on behalf of the owners who do not have internet access at the moment.
I have spoken to both Caroline and Wendy and they are doing a great job so far. Posters are up in the area, dog warden, vets, kennels and microchip company notified. The family are making a visit to both City Dogs and Manchester Dogs Home this weekend and notifying Field Farms, Congleton and The Hollies, Crewe who have the contract for Cheshire East out of hours.
I have also sent the scenting advice as Lola may still be in the area, hiding away.
- 2012-06-16 14:32 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- CarolineWright, I will email you some inforomation / advice and contact you at some point today.
- 2012-06-15 19:00 CarolineWright
- Please keep an eye out for Lola, she usualy stays very close to her owner or me ( She comes to me for day care) We think she must have chased something and got lost. Thank You fro helping
- 2012-06-15 18:20 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in SK7,8,9,10. WA16.