Lost: Black And Tan Dachshund Miniature Male In North East (NE24)
- Dog ID 40142
- Status Lost
- Registered 06 Jun 2012
- Name NOT GIVEN
- Breed Dachshund Miniature
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Small
- Colour black and tan
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 04 Jun 2012
- Where Lost Blyth beach area
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area NE24
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Lost near blyth beach area much loved & MISSED family pet wire haired dauchshund please contact if you see this dog reward on safe arrival home
- Phone 1 07791805363
- Phone 2
- Reward? yes
- Listed By kayleemarie
- Views 5415
- See more dogs Lost in NE24
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-07-25 22:38 bazil
- Just received a text from owner. The found Dachshund is not their dog. Big thank you to Animal Welfare officer who took the dog to owners house for them to see it and check if it was their dog. Owners are gutted and very sad that their little one is still missing x
- 2012-07-25 11:18 bazil
- Spoke with owner yesterday morning and gave all details, asked her to let me know, heard nothing yet x
- 2012-07-25 09:40 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Oh I do hope this is the missing Dachs. Good luck owner! do let us know if it is him.
- 2012-07-24 09:52 bazil
- I have just been told by a Northumberland County Council Animal Welfare officer that they have picked up a male Dachshund similar to yours. It has been scanned and it is not chipped. I have left owner a message on the mobile voice mail. Good luck x
- 2012-07-14 21:04 jobadger
- Any more news on this little bot or the possible sighting? xx
- 2012-07-12 12:17 bazil
- Hope this is a positive sighting with this lady. If not already done I would heavily poster this area. Good luck x
- 2012-07-09 21:30 DaveM
- Went around the South Beach Area again yesterday.
Good to see that there are still some posters up. I spoke to a women with a Dachshund who goes to a lot of shows and said she'd keep an eye out.
She also suggested contacting Dachshund breed forums.
Good luck, hopes and prayers still with you
- 2012-07-06 15:37 jollyesblyth
- Sorry I didn't mention she saw them yesterday, Thursday 5th.
- 2012-07-06 15:36 jollyesblyth
- Hi I know this is old info but a customer was in the store today and looked at the missing poster, she says she saw a lady walking on Rotary way in Blyth with 2 small dogs and a black & tan dachshund. The reason she remembered it was that the dachsie was pulling all over and didn't look happy with the other 2 dogs. It may be worth having some trips round that area incase she is spotted again. The customer has taken a leaflet and is going to keep an eye out for her again.
- 2012-06-29 13:12 bazil
- Can I ask, do we know if this dog is Microchipped? I keep checking websites in case he is put up for sale x
- 2012-06-27 15:51 kayleemarie
- Hi, Still No Sightings Etc BUT WE HAVE NOT GIVING UP & NEVER WILL till hes with his rightful owners/family!! STILL MISSED AS ALWAYS :'(
- 2012-06-26 19:18 DaveM
- Any comments/updates
I have managed to get along from Bedlington to Blyth and back tonight.
going out for Archie later
- 2012-06-24 17:20 DaveM
- I have been down again today, gave out some more flyers. Have you tried emailing Dachshund breeders, showers ?
I am checking internet adds for signs of this dog for sale just incase
- 2012-06-24 07:58 jobadger
- I was wondering what was happening too Shazza.
Hope there'll be some news soon. xx
- 2012-06-24 04:41 Shazza
- I have told some of the 'Kipsters' about this little
Man & they have shared the page with their friends. Does admin know if there are any further updates/info on sightings or anything everything seems to have gone quiet on here?
- 2012-06-21 19:22 Cat
- My mum lives in Bedlington and walks her dogs on the beach daily. I've told her to keep an eye out, spread the word and also be aware of any 'new' dogs/owners with a dachshund in the area. I just want to add though that my mum has been made aware of several dogs in this area going missing uncharacteristically in the last few weeks. Since this is another 'uncharacteristic' disapperance, and it's been acknowledged that someone may have picked him up, it may well be worth logging with the police as a potential theft if this hasn't been done already. It goes without saying that dog walkers in this area are being extra vigilent atm. Sending an angel to watch over this little man and one to guide him home to his humans xxxxx
- 2012-06-20 07:28 jobadger
- Postering and fliers will make this little guy too hot to handle if he's been kept in the mistaken belief that he's a stray or dumped. Keep on at the kennels and the local vets Kayleemarie - speak with local taxi firms, posties, delivery people. Good Luck. xx
- 2012-06-19 22:45 Shazza
- Hi KayleeMarie I have noticed that they have set a group up on facebook for Kip thr
Missing Springer. It might b worth u doing the same & adding all yr friends & asking the
to do the same. It'll make more people aware & hopefully bring yr little man back home to you.
- 2012-06-18 23:38 Gypsy
- Please don't lose hope - your little boy is out there somewhere. Keep his profile high and flood the area with posters - it just takes that one special person to see one and lead you to him.xxLast edited: 2012-06-18 23:39:51 by Gypsy
- 2012-06-18 11:13 Owl
- That's a good idea jobadger. We need to remember with this one that a little dog like him may possibly have been taken in by someone who takes a fancy to him and then finds an excuse in their own mind to keep and not report. It does happen. If that is the case, let's hope the the publicity may jog a conscience.
- 2012-06-18 08:03 jobadger
- Kayleemarie - there's a dog show in Hurworth on 24th June and a lot of people will be travelling through the area. I'll enclose fliers of your little one with some I'm sending for another missing boy. I so hope he's home before then. Stay strong. xxLast edited: 2012-06-18 08:54:36 by jobadger
- 2012-06-18 07:20 Shepherdess
- Please don't give up hope. I too have been watching out for your little boy when I've been in Blyth
- 2012-06-17 23:25 bazil
- KayleeMarie you must never give up hope. You are doing all the right things to get your boy found and home safe. Please keep doing them and searching for him. Dogs can survive on very little for a lot longer than your boy has been missing. It just takes that one positive sighting to give you an area to focus on. Good luck, I will keep looking for him when I travel up to search for Kip xx
- 2012-06-17 22:25 bigdavesdad
- Am in and out of Blyth all day from West Hartford tomorrow so will keep my eyes peeled-stay positive and we'll find the little fella
- 2012-06-17 17:39 andrew
- has anyone been onto the old wellsley school no its shut up but there is missing fence boards on rotary way where u could get in lots ov places in there where a dog can lie low
- 2012-06-17 15:05 DaveM
- Been down to South Beach and Checked all the way along to Seaton Sluice and back through the dunes sadly no.
I talked to many dog walkers about it and lets just keep on hoping :)
- 2012-06-17 10:50 Lisa123
- KayleeMarie these doggies are stronger than we give them credit. There was a little Yorkie lost for 3 weeks in really bad cold weather but she was finally found by a farmer. She was a tiny little thing but survived all on her own. I'm also too far away to help but keep your chin up xx
- 2012-06-17 09:53 AnnieSparky
- Am sure alot of people are looking out for your lovely little one....keep going with all that good work.....and yes keep going to the kennels, are there any others in the area? I'm too far away to help, but will keep a look out on internet.....fingers crossed xx
- 2012-06-16 22:36 Shazza
- KayleeMarie dont give up hope. Iv heard about dogs going missing & turning up weeks/sometimes months later. Am sure your little man will turn up soon. Is he microchipped cos if he is & someone has taken him he could well turn up at one of the vets. Am praying he turns up & will keep looking for him.
- 2012-06-16 22:08 kayleemarie
- Hello, sadly he still aint home & im losing hope he will be!! :'( & thank you to everyone for helping it really does mean alot to me & my family, its nice to know there is some nice people about, & we are handing posters out/posting thru doors & putting them up where ever possible... i go to the dog kennels every day they probs sick of sight of me now but hey who cares hes a missed family pet! once again THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!! :D xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 2012-06-15 21:13 DaveM
- Gave out some flyers today to people with dogs, didn't put any up it was just too wet.
I will try to get down to South Beach again tomorrow for a couple of hours and dish out some more flyers
- 2012-06-15 10:47 bazil
- Hi sorry to see your dog is still missing. I have been searching for Kip and obviously keeping a lookout for your little one. DaveM's idea of flyers being handed out is a good one. Someone may have him but don't underestimate how clever a lost dog can be. He will be in survival mode now. He may have a cozy den somewhere safe and will rest there until he is hungry and only come out to find food. Please keep checking any used/unused sheds, barns, stables etc, if you do hand the flyers out write on them asking people to check their garden sheds and kiddies playhouses etc. Areas to look are farms, dog kennels, allotments, churchyards. Good luck x
- 2012-06-14 23:46 Shazza
- I was so hoping this little pooch would b home by now. Will have
Another look 2morrow as not in Blyth at the moment. Did he have a
Collar on & if so what colour? Has anyone searched
near the farm & the wooded area with the lake?
- 2012-06-14 21:18 DaveM
- Just a thought, the Olympic torch goes past South beach tomorrow, it would be worth getting down there with plenty of flyers and asking people...if you can get there.
I am at work but will try to get some out in Whitley Bay for the torch coming through
- 2012-06-14 18:59 Jill
- Shared on facebook, and posters up at work x
- 2012-06-14 12:20 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thanks DaveM !
- 2012-06-14 00:18 DaveM
- Had another check around the area between Bedlington and Blyth today, sadly nothing gave out a few posters to people on the way.
Good luck and stay strong
- 2012-06-12 13:30 kayleemarie
- hi im the ownwer of this dog & thank you ALOT for all the help we really apperciate it & its over welming"! he went missing at blyth beach next to the car park bit at the band stand it was my dad who was walking him & he followed another dog but never returned & he NEVER strays away from my dad & our other dog so im finding it really strange atm! & we have posters up etc doing every thing we can but personally i think someone has him tbh!! & hes black & tan in colour & a REALLY REALLY big miss to our family its killing my dad :'( I JUST WANT HIM HOME!!! :(
- 2012-06-12 13:13 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Still circulating on twitter...
- 2012-06-12 12:24 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thanks to all !!! have tried calling the owners again today for more specific details but had to leave a voicemail message.
Shazza I did ask if they wanted his name to go on the page but they don't want it to. Some owners do prefer not to reveal their dogs name.
As I understand it he wandered off from his owner and followed another dog near Blythe beach and was then reported as sighted later that day being chased by two police officers along the beach road to Ridley Park.
His owners have been unable to find out anything more about this report or find out which officers it was that were involved.
If the owners don't reply to my message I will try to ring them again tonight.
- 2012-06-12 11:32 Angela C
- Have been looking out, asking around since sunday but no sightings from me. Any luck with the police? Do we have a description of the dog it was following and was the other dog being followed with it's owner, any description of them?
- 2012-06-12 09:33 Jayne - Head Office
- 2012-06-12 09:26 Peggysparlour
- Husband is on his way out with dogs going to have good look out, I am working all day , good luck today searchers x
- 2012-06-11 21:50 Shazza
- I looked along harbour, park & beach today but not sure whereabouts to look. Whats the dogs name as it helps if we can call for him? Has anyone got any idea where to cover?
- 2012-06-11 19:00 DaveM
- Has there been any sightings? where are we trying to search? can we get any updates to help co-ordinate areas to look
- 2012-06-11 18:03 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- FrankieB from what I understand he just wandered away from his his male owner on a walk and followed another dog. He was with his owners other dog but this one didn't wander off and stayed with their owner.
Thanks Riverlady x
- 2012-06-11 17:20 FrankieB
- Is this the little dog that was stolen from its elderly owner on the beach?
- 2012-06-11 17:17 Pat
- So sorry you are missing your little dog.Once again I wish I lived nearer.Have holidayed up there and know the area.I hope he turns up soon.
- 2012-06-11 17:17 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put on twitter + will circulate.
- 2012-06-11 14:13 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Sadly there is still no ends of this little chap. His owners have been postering and checking with the dog wardens and I have suggested they try to get some media coverage. Hoping for news of this boy very soon xx
- 2012-06-11 13:43 jenny4
- Check all rabbit holes in the area in case he chased one....just shout down some holes and listen if he is you should hear him....but hopefully he wont be.
- 2012-06-11 12:59 whinny
- Shared on FB, various pet groups on FB and also twitter. Keeping everything crossed for a safe return to owners. x
- 2012-06-11 12:23 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Andrew...
- 2012-06-11 11:54 andrew
- will be on blyth beach later will keep lookout has anyone been and spoke to the owner off the chip shop at the beach there is empty farm buildings around there as well may need be checked not sure if anyone still living there are now empty
- 2012-06-11 11:13 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Sheperdess....just wanted to alert peeps about this missing dog too...
- 2012-06-11 11:10 Shepherdess
- I didn't realise this little boy was missing, and this is close to me, I've been passing the area on way to search for Kip. Will drop by and look around for him, any ideas as to where to start
- 2012-06-11 11:07 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Hockeysmom and Peggys parlour.
- 2012-06-11 10:58 Shereen
- Sharing with all my friends who are sharing Kip too hopefully we can see this baby home safe soon.X
- 2012-06-11 10:51 hockeymom
- Posted on Fb and off down there soon so will keep an eye open
- 2012-06-11 10:47 Peggysparlour
- Hi it's jennie here I am still looking when we go for our walks fingers crossed he is found soon will continue looking when I can so much going on at the minute any updates let me know x
- 2012-06-11 10:42 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Two people have reported seeing him on the day he went missing being chased by two police officers along the beach road towards Ridley Park. Owner has tried to find more information from the police.
Advised taking a poster to the local station to see if they can work out the shift team who may have been on duty that morning.
Hoping for more news soon
- 2012-06-10 19:12 hamish&katy
- have posted him on fb, hope he is found soon x
- 2012-06-10 13:23 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks everyone- have sent a message to ask for an update
- 2012-06-10 00:05 visionvalue
- Not in this area but have tweeted a few people who live in the blyth area to keep a look out also put this on facebook. The more coverage this gets may help to get him back home to a very relieved owner.
- 2012-06-09 12:25 DaveM
- I have been out around the area and asked a few people to keep a look out.
Try going to the SHAK caravan tomorrow (sunday) at Seaton Sluice a lot of dog walkers head that way for a cuppa on a sunday he may also be able to put a poster up for you?
Hope that your dog turns up soon.
I will walk the stretch from Blyth up to Bedlington this afternoon just in case
- 2012-06-08 18:44 Peggysparlour
- Had a good look on beach and dunes no sightings , I have freinds coming down tonight for another look I will resume my search in morning if he is still missing . Not feeling to grand of too bed soon . Good luck will be down helping in morning jennie x
- 2012-06-08 14:21 Jayne - Head Office
- Have corrected postcode from ne2 to ne24. Alerts sent out to helpers in NE22,23,24,62,63.
- 2012-06-08 12:49 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks Jayne!
Hoping for news of this boy x
- 2012-06-08 12:39 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in NE1,2,3,4,5,6,7,12.
- 2012-06-08 01:01 kayleemarie
- thanks for the help.really hope hes home soon,we are devasted!!:(
- 2012-06-07 21:09 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Have spoken to the owner. He went missing missing on a walk near Blyth beach after following another dog.
Owner has reported him missing to the dog warden,local vets and is checking with stray kennels.
She has been postering the area and is going to send in a photo or upload one of him.
If found he must be reported to the dog warden as is required by LAW.Last edited: 2012-06-08 01:09:25 by minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- 2012-06-07 14:58 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Message sent to owner to offer help/advice
- 2012-06-06 23:28 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Will contact owners tomorrow and request photo
- 2012-06-06 22:32
- Sorry to see that NOT GIVEN is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.