Lost: Black,Brown,White Beagle Male In Central (ST18)
- Dog ID 39938
- Status Lost
- Registered 31 May 2012
- Name MYLES
- Breed Beagle
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black,Brown,White
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Small raised lump on his belly. Small patch of white on his bum just above the base of his tail
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 30 May 2012
- Where Lost Whitgreave, Stafford.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area ST18
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Myles lives on a farm but he has never wandered off before. He is 2 years old and is a very lovable and friendly dog. He may have chased after a rabbit and got lost. PLEASE call the owner on the number below if you have any info on him. There is a reward for information leading to his whereabouts. Thank you.
- Phone 1 07814 562492
- Phone 2 07834912667
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Andy
- Views 4501
- Followers 1
- View Poster
- See more dogs Lost in ST18
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2014-07-10 13:05 weeze
- 2012-09-17 14:12 Tiga
- Don't give up on Myles - most beagles missing tend to return to the point they went missing. They are quite good at fending for themselves. A missing beagle has just been reunited after more than 10 weeks. Why not try sitting out with some tasty food at/near the point where he went missing, maybe at dawn and dusk. Its worth a try.
- 2012-06-22 16:46 Beaglemum
- I have just updated my friend who runs a rescue near Stafford. I had already told her about Myles when he went missing. She is around Eccleshall tomorrow and will take a look around and she is also going contact people she knows in the area. Keep safe litte chap xxx.
- 2012-06-22 16:11 DianeB
- I have just returned from searching the area again this time with my son. He has seen the poster image of Myles and thinks it may well be him. The dog was very wet and dirty and when he firt saw it, it appeared to be chasing something on the grass verge by the hedge either a pheasant or a rabbit. He took me to exactly where he lost sight of the dog which was the A519 at the junction with the lane leading to Ellenhall. The dog could have either gone down this lane (Mike did drive down a short distance on the night) or it could have continued along the main road in the direction of Woodseaves. When he first saw it, it was runing in the direction of Eccleshall but when a lorry came around the corner it changed direction and doubled back. We put lots of smelly food out on the verge and gateway in the lane leading to Ellenhall, close to the junction with the A519. There are a number of isolated houses and farms in the location and im wondering if it would be worth enquiring at them. Diane x
- 2012-06-22 12:26 Hayley
- Info been put up in Woodseeves post office and pub by local lady. Thank you. Il be postering in the area over the weekend and perhaps towards Newport.
- 2012-06-22 12:24 Hayley
- 2012-06-21 22:41 Owl
- I am going to bump this to top as it seems a very likely sighting and we now need people to keep eyes peeled around Eccleshall and Woodseaves.
- 2012-06-21 20:59 DianeB
- My son was driving along the A519 between Eccleshall and Woodseaves at 7.30pm tonight, when he saw a beagle running along the road. He was unable to stop, but telephoned me a few minutes later, and myself and my husband drove to the area where my son saw the dog (A519 junction with Gorse Lane) Unfortunately there was no sign of the dog, we drove around for an hour before returning home. I was going to phone our local stray kennels to report the sighting and i decided to also look on Doglost and i then saw the report re Myles. I have telephoned the owner who is going to the area now and she has my mobile number if she needs any help. Really hope this was Myles and that he is found very soon. Diane x
- 2012-06-18 11:21 Owl
- Hayley, you may consider extending the postering area. I have seen photos of the surrounding area taken by Emily when she came to search, and Myles could well have gone exploring and got himself lost without anyone seeing him. If he can catch voles and small rabbits, which most beagles can if they need to, he could well be out there living off the land.
- 2012-06-13 08:09 Tillyjess
- Hayley, just wanted to say I am really sorry to hear about Myles. My little girl beagle Tilly went missing on Monday. She also has a chip but no tag. Have you had any leads so far? Just keep strong as no news has to be good news. Let's face it as our babies can't have babies they are not really use to anyone else but us! Good luck- Jess and Tilly
- 2012-06-13 07:48 No Longer Registered
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news
- 2012-06-11 18:18 Hayley
- Thank you Sue. We both appreciate all the advice you have given and your help in getting Myles 's profile out to a wider audience. Fingers crossed.
- 2012-06-11 17:25 No Longer Registered
- Hayley, Myles advert is due in the magazine this week so it will get him some media coverage and hopefully someone will recognise him.
- 2012-06-11 12:58 Hayley
- Its been 12 days now and no sign of Myles. I'm starting to feel now that someone has decided that they would like to keep him for their own. :(
I have put up posters all around the local area, adverts on the web and in the news and visit the surrounding pounds every fews days to no avail. I had hoped the microchip would have helped if this ever happened.
If anyone has seen Myles - please let me know good or bad - its the not knowing which is the hardest. There is a reward for information leading to his whereabouts. I will keep searching for him - someone must know something. Our life is missing a integral family member and we miss him dearly.
- 2012-06-01 18:52 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, still no news but they have contacted the Highways Agency and Railtrack. Hopefully he will be home soon.
- 2012-05-31 20:52 Boston
- We have put it on the BeaglesUK Facebook page. If the owner requires further help they should contact us through Facebook. We have found 2 missing beagles and are currently looking for another. We create a lot of publicity on facebook and twitter and have arranged search parties. We have over 600 members.
- 2012-05-31 18:53 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Myles on twitter + will circulate.
- 2012-05-31 17:52 No Longer Registered
- Details put on Facebook pages Central and West Mids Shrops & Staffs
Also emailed over scenting info
- 2012-05-31 10:49 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-05-31 10:49 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- I have spoken to the owner, he has contacted the council and the pound. I have advised him to tell the chip company and also local vets. He has started postering and I have advised local radio and the paper. He also needs to contact local farmers and the gamekeeper.
- 2012-05-31 09:54 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in ST15,16,17,18,20,21.
- 2012-05-31 08:55
- Sorry to see that MYLES is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
- If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
- Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster.
- You can find vets in your own area by clicking here.
- A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number.
- You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
- You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
- Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
- If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
- DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.
- DogLost is a public site and believes that postering / crossposting on the web site, together with informing relevant authorities and using local media, is the best way of getting dogs back. Owners may want to use other means to help find their dog, we believe this is the owner's personal choice. If you would like advice, please contact DogLost first.