Lost: Black,Brown,White Beagle Male In Central (ST18)
- Dog ID 39938
- Status Lost
- Registered 31 May 2012
- Name MYLES
- Gender & Breed Male Beagle (Neutered)
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black,Brown,White
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Small raised lump on his belly. Small patch of white on his bum just above the base of his tail
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 30 May 2012
- Where Lost Whitgreave, Stafford.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area ST18
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Myles lives on a farm but he has never wandered off before. He is 2 years old and is a very lovable and friendly dog. He may have chased after a rabbit and got lost. PLEASE call the owner on the number below if you have any info on him. There is a reward for information leading to his whereabouts. Thank you.
- Phone 1 07814 562492
- Phone 2 07834912667
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Andy
- Views 5421
- View Poster
- See more dogs Lost in ST18
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2014-07-10 13:05 weeze
- 2012-09-17 14:12 Tiga
- Don't give up on Myles - most beagles missing tend to return to the point they went missing. They are quite good at fending for themselves. A missing beagle has just been reunited after more than 10 weeks. Why not try sitting out with some tasty food at/near the point where he went missing, maybe at dawn and dusk. Its worth a try.
- 2012-06-22 16:46 Beaglemum
- I have just updated my friend who runs a rescue near Stafford. I had already told her about Myles when he went missing. She is around Eccleshall tomorrow and will take a look around and she is also going contact people she knows in the area. Keep safe litte chap xxx.
- 2012-06-22 16:11 DianeB
- I have just returned from searching the area again this time with my son. He has seen the poster image of Myles and thinks it may well be him. The dog was very wet and dirty and when he firt saw it, it appeared to be chasing something on the grass verge by the hedge either a pheasant or a rabbit. He took me to exactly where he lost sight of the dog which was the A519 at the junction with the lane leading to Ellenhall. The dog could have either gone down this lane (Mike did drive down a short distance on the night) or it could have continued along the main road in the direction of Woodseaves. When he first saw it, it was runing in the direction of Eccleshall but when a lorry came around the corner it changed direction and doubled back. We put lots of smelly food out on the verge and gateway in the lane leading to Ellenhall, close to the junction with the A519. There are a number of isolated houses and farms in the location and im wondering if it would be worth enquiring at them. Diane x
- 2012-06-22 12:26 Hayley
- Info been put up in Woodseeves post office and pub by local lady. Thank you. Il be postering in the area over the weekend and perhaps towards Newport.
- 2012-06-22 12:24 Hayley
- 2012-06-21 22:41 Owl
- I am going to bump this to top as it seems a very likely sighting and we now need people to keep eyes peeled around Eccleshall and Woodseaves.
- 2012-06-21 20:59 DianeB
- My son was driving along the A519 between Eccleshall and Woodseaves at 7.30pm tonight, when he saw a beagle running along the road. He was unable to stop, but telephoned me a few minutes later, and myself and my husband drove to the area where my son saw the dog (A519 junction with Gorse Lane) Unfortunately there was no sign of the dog, we drove around for an hour before returning home. I was going to phone our local stray kennels to report the sighting and i decided to also look on Doglost and i then saw the report re Myles. I have telephoned the owner who is going to the area now and she has my mobile number if she needs any help. Really hope this was Myles and that he is found very soon. Diane x
- 2012-06-18 11:21 Owl
- Hayley, you may consider extending the postering area. I have seen photos of the surrounding area taken by Emily when she came to search, and Myles could well have gone exploring and got himself lost without anyone seeing him. If he can catch voles and small rabbits, which most beagles can if they need to, he could well be out there living off the land.
- 2012-06-13 08:09 Tillyjess
- Hayley, just wanted to say I am really sorry to hear about Myles. My little girl beagle Tilly went missing on Monday. She also has a chip but no tag. Have you had any leads so far? Just keep strong as no news has to be good news. Let's face it as our babies can't have babies they are not really use to anyone else but us! Good luck- Jess and Tilly
- 2012-06-13 07:48 B30
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news
- 2012-06-11 18:18 Hayley
- Thank you Sue. We both appreciate all the advice you have given and your help in getting Myles 's profile out to a wider audience. Fingers crossed.
- 2012-06-11 17:25 B30
- Hayley, Myles advert is due in the magazine this week so it will get him some media coverage and hopefully someone will recognise him.
- 2012-06-11 12:58 Hayley
- Its been 12 days now and no sign of Myles. I'm starting to feel now that someone has decided that they would like to keep him for their own. :(
I have put up posters all around the local area, adverts on the web and in the news and visit the surrounding pounds every fews days to no avail. I had hoped the microchip would have helped if this ever happened.
If anyone has seen Myles - please let me know good or bad - its the not knowing which is the hardest. There is a reward for information leading to his whereabouts. I will keep searching for him - someone must know something. Our life is missing a integral family member and we miss him dearly.
- 2012-06-01 18:52 Unknown
- Spoke to owner, still no news but they have contacted the Highways Agency and Railtrack. Hopefully he will be home soon.
- 2012-05-31 20:52 Boston
- We have put it on the BeaglesUK Facebook page. If the owner requires further help they should contact us through Facebook. We have found 2 missing beagles and are currently looking for another. We create a lot of publicity on facebook and twitter and have arranged search parties. We have over 600 members.
- 2012-05-31 18:53 Riverlady
- Have put Myles on twitter + will circulate.
- 2012-05-31 17:52 B30
- Details put on Facebook pages Central and West Mids Shrops & Staffs
Also emailed over scenting info
- 2012-05-31 10:49 Unknown
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-05-31 10:49 Unknown
- I have spoken to the owner, he has contacted the council and the pound. I have advised him to tell the chip company and also local vets. He has started postering and I have advised local radio and the paper. He also needs to contact local farmers and the gamekeeper.
- 2012-05-31 09:54 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in ST15,16,17,18,20,21.
- 2012-05-31 08:55
- Sorry to see that MYLES is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and check that all details are up to date.
- Owners targeted by a malicious hoaxer demanding money for the return of their dog should phone the police on 101 immediately and contact email@example.com
- A photograph of your dog is essential for the website. If you have not already uploaded one, please do so by clicking on Update details. Alternatively you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the dog's DogLost ID number: (39938)
- Obtain a missing poster by clicking on View poster above. Posters are very important so start postering now!
- You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments. You can add comments by clicking on Click here to add a comment.
- Contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, the Police. Give a detailed description with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your area here.
- If your dog has been stolen inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN).
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, it can be legally re-homed after seven days. Visit rescue centres in person and do not rely on checking by phone alone. Other people may not recognise your dog by your description, so give them a DogLost poster.
- Keep us updated by keeping your dog's page up to date and check for posts from helpers who may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings
- DogLost is free and anyone asking for money to find or return your dog is not volunteering for us. If you are concerned about an approach you have received, please call our helpline on 01633 668 364. Lines are open seven days a week 08:00-20:00.