Lost: Tan Terrier Border Female In South West (BA22)
- Dog ID 39136
- Status Lost
- Registered 02 May 2012
- Name WHISKY
- Breed Terrier Border
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Colour tan
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 30 Apr 2012
- Where Lost North Cadbury, Somerset
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area BA22
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Went missing near a stream...may have fallen in. Chipped to owner who is on holiday. Chip people contacted with new number. Wearing collar and tag as in photo
- Phone 1 077210 92253
- Phone 2 07855 959037
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 3854
- Followers 2
- See more dogs Lost in BA22
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-05-08 13:37 Charlotte Bebbington
- That is so kind of you, sadly there has been no sightings of Whisky for a while now, it was a year ago last week that she went missing and there isn't a day that I don't think about her. We will always keep hoping that one day she might come back to us.
Thank you again, I was overwhelmed by how kind and helpful people were in trying to find my little Whisk. x
- 2013-05-08 08:08 jrice70
- I was there the day Whiskey was lost and searched North Cadbury everyday in the weeks following. We also keep our eyes peeled for her on trips to Stourhead as we walk our dog around the estate rather than in the gardens. I just wanted to know if she has been found or if there have been further sightings recently?
- 2013-02-08 18:27 Belle
- Please look at this dog. Found in the North East but does look very like Whisky
- 2012-10-23 04:28 Aud40
- Do hope this is WHISKY I have re-posted on my Fb page also Fb Stolen/Lost dogs.as we have friends around your area.come on little fella show yourself,its time for you to go home.
- 2012-10-21 09:29 Charlotte Bebbington
- Thank you for your help, I have been into the office several times over the last couple of months, posters are up, I'm planning to replace some this week. Some children saw this border last weekend again it approached their dog but wouldn't let them near, it sounded like the most positive sighting, as they thought the collar was red, the border who gets out there a lot has a brown/black collar. And had a bone shaped ID tag like Whisky's. these sightings are nearly always around the footpath from Rock Arch leading to King Alfred's tower. I have spoken to the grounds keeper there and have also leafleted every house in the area.
- 2012-10-17 22:01 Bobble
- In view of possible sightings at Stourhead I will concentrate dog walking in that direction. Owner: Have you spoken to anyone in the estate office? It will be well worth you popping in there or phoning. The receptionist can alert all estate staff and volunteers. Dogs are allowed in the garden this time of year, so there will be plenty of people about to keep an eye out, perhaps they will let you stick a poster up in the car park? I'll re-poster Bourton too.
- 2012-10-17 09:16 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-10-12 21:54 Aud40
- Do hope he shows him self again soon if it is Whisky.such a shame he had gone when you got there.x
- 2012-10-11 08:25 Charlotte Bebbington
- I had several calls on Sunday about a Border Terrier by itself at Stourhead, it was approaching other dogs but wouldn't let anyone near it. By the time I could get there it had gone. There is a Border that gets out a lot over there but I have the owners number and they were sure it couldn't of been him. Apparently it was looking well and healthy..... it's so hard to know what to do? This dog seems to be seen near the Rock Arch.
- 2012-10-09 08:52 Aud40
- Is there any update on Whiskey
- 2012-10-07 21:37 Aud40
- Whiskey is still missing.Please re-post to spread the word.
- 2012-10-03 00:03 Charlotte Bebbington
- Thanks so much for updating Whisky's photo, I've just looked at the facebook link posted below - sadly I don't think it is her.
- 2012-10-02 20:33 dogzr4me
one found is chipped
- 2012-10-02 17:42 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Circulating on twitter
- 2012-10-02 17:41 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Both of Whisky's photos now updated.
- 2012-10-02 13:50 Aud40
- So sorry Whiskey is still missing I have Re-posted on my Fb page also Stolen/Lost dogs.do hope Whiskey is found and reunited with his owners.
- 2012-10-02 09:47 Angelmort
- No picture showing. I have refreshed the page.
- 2012-10-02 09:45 Jayne - Head Office
- New photo added...you may have to press refresh to see.
- 2012-08-07 22:44 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- No idea whether this could possibly be Whiskey, but thought I would post and let someone local decide - the animal search website has a somewhat vague report of a dog sighted (not found) at the Royal Bath and West Showgrounds yesterday....from the description it may just be a local dog, but might be worth trying to at least identify what breed of dog this was?
Found Dog (AFP129232)
Found on Mon 6th Aug 2012 (1 day)
Found dog in Evercreech, Somerset, United Kingdom, BA4
Sex: not recorded
Colours: Golden and Brown
Collar: Brown, Leather, Diamante (artificial jewels)
No flea collar
Chipped: Not sure
Neutered: Not sure
We are running a christian camp at the royal bath and west showgrounds and saw the dog walking arround by its self. It has a brown leather collar with beads on it.
- 2012-06-25 06:59 Bobble
- I took "My" posters down as Weather damaged, in view of this I will put up fresh ones today. I have been looking for Whiskey, she could be anywhere, keep looking.
- 2012-06-22 19:42 Spindle
- The sighting that were in May we have now eliminated as a local dog who regularly gets out. have been working alongside whiskeys owner with advice and support. Charlotte deserves a medal she is working tirelessly to find her little dog. She has to be somewhere. A reward has now been put up for her safe return. She is again in this weeks Blackmore Vale magazine.
- 2012-05-30 09:53 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-05-11 10:31 Spindle
- Large article on Whisky with photo in todays blackmore vale magazine. Hope it brings calls that we need to find Whisky.
- 2012-05-10 17:14 Spindle
- Will contact and offer advice. Working on assumption sighted dog is Whisky and not local loose dog. Will update on progress.Last edited: 2012-05-10 21:03:22 by Spindle
- 2012-05-09 23:20 Charlotte Bebbington
- We think that Whisky has been seen in North Cadbury a few times now, the most promising was at about 8.30pm on Tuesday evening. She was sitting in the back porch of the Catash Pub sadly she ran off when they tried to approach her. I have been there all day and we have left her bed and blanket in the porch tonight in the hope she might come back. I will go back first thing and continue to look for her.
- 2012-05-07 11:42 Bobble
- Going out soon and will keep a good look out for Whiskey. Also will be doing a detour in opposite direction to look for another dog! Whiskeys carers best thing is to get out there and poster, poster, poster. Lets get her home safe.
- 2012-05-06 17:56 TerenceT
- Have posted on Twitter
- 2012-05-05 20:45 jasper
- had a drive/ walk around sutton montis /queen camel and south cadbury but no luck . will try again.
- 2012-05-05 20:09 Jayne - Head Office
- No more sightings yet...
- 2012-05-05 11:41 Bobble
- Any more recent sightings? I can get out that way (Maperton/Holton) with my dogs this afternoon and have a good look around - always handy to have up to date info. I will also print off a couple of posters for Bourton and talk to local farmers.
- 2012-05-04 19:55 twoDs
- She's covering a fair bit of ground if sightings are her.have posted on BT World and shared on FaceBook,hope she's home safely soon
- 2012-05-04 18:31 Caroline Hallam
- There have been 3 possible sightings. On the night of 3 May and at 10.00am on 4 May a Border Terrier was seen in Maperton by the Church. She was last seen going down the lane towards Holton. Also a Border Terrier was seen on the lane between Queen Camel and Sutton Montis at approx 8.00am on 4 May.
- 2012-05-04 18:29 Jayne - Head Office
- email in admin...
I just wanted to update the details on Whisky. There have been 3 possible sightings. Last night and also this morning at 10.00am a Border Terrier was seen in Maperton by the church and went off towards the Holton area. Also a Border Terrier was seen this morning at approx 8.00am on the lane between Queen Camel and Sutton Montis.
- 2012-05-04 15:24 JeanC
- I have just been for a drive around and didn't see anything, even in a land rover the hedges are quite high to see over. I didn't see any posters up though so might contact the people who reported Whiskey missing and ask if they need help with that.
- 2012-05-02 15:13 Lauraloo
- Hope Whiskey is found safe soon. Had a scout around this morning on my way past but sadly didnt see her! Hopefully there will be a sighting soon x
- 2012-05-02 10:53 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Details updated. Please note that Whiskey was lost in NORTH Cadbury and not West
- 2012-05-02 10:03 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in BA7,8,9,10,22. DT9.
- 2012-05-02 09:40
- Sorry to see that WHISKY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.