Lost: Ginger Dachshund X Female In North East (S81)
- Dog ID 38665
- Status Lost
- Registered 13 Apr 2012
- Name BRIE
- Breed Dachshund X
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Ginger
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Caesarean scar on tummy
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 10 Apr 2012
- Where Lost Thorpe Salvin, South Yorkshire
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area S81
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Very Friendly
- Phone 1 01909 720696
- Phone 2 07590728217
- Reward? Yes
- Listed By podely
- Views 1262
- See more dogs Lost in S81
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-04-22 20:01 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- good work owl and wispa-hope the posters bring some news xx
- 2012-04-16 00:43 Owl
- Back on the trail again next day, started off at the crossroads but Wispa had a sniff and decided the freshest trail led not to Kiveton park itself but left past the industrial estate. Took us down a lane, across a field, and eventually by way of footpaths to the big country park just south of Anston. We couldn't get a clear trail after that, and it seems likely that Brie is somewhere in the park. We put up some posters in this park and owners will be putting up more. The park is used by walkers, cyclists, fishermen etc and lots of people exercise their dogs there.
- 2012-04-15 19:01 janiejewel1649
- Hoping for positive news about Brie.
- 2012-04-14 21:03 Owl
- Nice fresh trail headed from farm to Thorpe Salvin, but before reaching the village turned off down a track before heading along a footpath through a field of oilseed rape. The trail continued through fields and along the edge of a small wood, taking several turns to the right. This should eventually have brought Brie in a full circle ending back home. But after turning right on to a lane we reached a crossroads and this is where Brie seems to have lost her bearings. If she had turned right she would have gone straight home, but instead she continued ahead in the direction of Kiveton Park. At this point we called it a day as Wispa was tired. We hope to start again tomorrow where we left off.
- 2012-04-14 10:44 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Good luck for today Owl ! x
- 2012-04-14 10:01 Owl
- We are going to help search early this afternoon. The farm is not far from Whitwell Wood, where a dog could easily get confused by the maze of paths.
- 2012-04-13 19:38 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Brie is not at Carlton Forest Kennels . His home is not far from the borders of Rotherham dog wardens and they are also aware that Brie is missing.
- 2012-04-13 16:00 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Brie went missing from the farm she lives on. I have advised her owers to check she isn't inside and out buildings etc, She is chipped to an old address and I have given the number for Petlog so they can change contact details and also have her flagged up as missing. I have given her owners the number for Carlton Forest kennels which is their locals Stray kennels and advised them to get lots of posters up. Hoping Brie is found very soon xx
- 2012-04-13 14:40 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in S20,21,25,26,43,80,81.
- 2012-04-13 12:28
- Sorry to see that BRIE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.