Lost: Brown And White Border Collie Male In Central (LE12)
- Dog ID 38635
- Status Lost
- Registered 11 Apr 2012
- Name JAKE SIGHTED
- Breed Border Collie
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour brown and white
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars one brown eye one blue.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 10 Apr 2012
- Where Lost Normanton on Soar, Loughborough
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area LE12
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info alternative contact numbers: 01274683714 or 07762339095 Jake is wearing a collar but has no tag. He is microchipped.
- Phone 1 07886797849
- Phone 2 07723310088
- Reward? Yes £200 for safe return
- Listed By Sherlock Bones-POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Views 34883
- See more dogs Lost in LE12
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-05-17 21:51 janiejewel1649
- All xd for a positive result. Come on Jake lets get you reunited soon.
- 2013-05-17 12:10 CorbiereW
- Shared to Recognition for the Border Collie's Heritage page on Facebook
- 2013-05-17 10:51 ravenette
- I hope this is Jake as I would love to see him reunited after all this time. Please can his pics be put back up xxx
- 2013-05-17 09:38 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible sighting on 14th at 7 pm Wymeswold Industrial Estate and Melton Road at the Wymeswold Lane turning opposite Burton on the Wolds Allotments and then near Prestwold Hall the following morning
- 2013-05-03 11:16 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumping Jakes Page as he is featured in the DogLost column of the June edition of Dogs Today magazine, out now. Do hope it brings some news
- 2013-04-22 16:31 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumping Jakes page due to being in today's Leicester Mercury
There is a large article on page 13 entitled I'm certain Jake is still alive
Do hope this leads to more sightings and fresh news.
- 2013-04-17 11:35 Carol
- Come on home Jake xx
- 2013-04-17 09:37 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumping Jakes page due to media coverage. There is a large article in the Bradford Telegraph and Argus. Hope this brings some news
- 2013-04-11 07:45 duffs54
- Come on Jake a year is a long time to be out there, time to come on home fingers crossed xxxxxxx
- 2013-04-10 22:52 Carol
- Oh I am so sorry Nessabros yes I can see now , sorry again x
- 2013-04-10 19:13 nessabros
- Jake is BROWN & white! :)
- 2013-04-10 11:37 Carol
- Should read isn't jake , not my jake sorry predicted txt x
- 2013-04-10 11:36 Carol
- Black an white male collie on found page today in chesterfield just another option incase the one sighted is my jake , fingers crossed it is though xx
- 2013-04-10 09:00 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumping Jakes page as it was a year ago today that he escaped from the caravan on holiday in Leicestershire from Yorkshire. There have been possible sightings and Jakes family and friends continue to work hard to bring him home.
- 2013-03-29 15:43 Angel29007
- Theres a possibility that Jake may be following the Great Central Railway line and going between Butterwick Drive, Beaumont Leys and Loughborough. A thin collie was sighted yesterday in fields off Meadow Lane, Loughborough (not far from where the railway ends) And the day before there were numerous sightings of a dog off Butterwick Drive, Beaumont Leys (again not far from where the railway ends). Both areas are being concentrated on. If you live in either of these areas (or anywhere along Great Central Railway line) please keep your eyes open.
- 2013-03-28 17:55 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Just reported on jakes Facebook page that there is a possible sighting in Loughborough, a very skinny collie has been sighted. Jake searchers are on the way.
- 2013-03-25 21:35 Daisysmum
- I'm fairly close to Beaumont and I will look out for him too x
- 2013-03-23 16:07 Angel29007
- Another possibile sighting last night. Same area as a sighting before. Message from his owner Jill ...Hi All I have just had a call from a lady who was on her way home from work and turned into Butterwick drive from beaumont leys lane as you curve around the top there are some bushes and there was a dark coloured dog with a lot of white around the face going in and out of the bushes, If anyone is around that area and you are venturing out tonight could you please keep a look out Sorry no more information Thanks Jill
Jake searchers are staking out the area tonight
- 2013-03-10 13:25 Angel29007
- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151397504973557&set=o.92252229877&type=1&theater PLEASE click on this facebook link and 'like' the photo. Trying to get Jake mentioned on Crufts x
- 2013-03-07 19:43 Angel29007
- Dog Theft Action, Barking Heads, Arden Grange, Natural Instincts and the Collie Trust are all at Crufts supporting Jake :) Lets hope this leads to the breakthrough that we need x
- 2013-03-06 16:29 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Jake features in the Dog Theft Action video to be displayed at Crufts 2013. Hope it brings some news.
- 2013-03-04 13:18 Joy
- There was a post on Jakes facebook page which states that 49421 was not Jake :-(
- 2013-03-04 09:38 rottie
- have we heard anymore on the found dog 49421.xx
- 2013-03-02 23:18 bazil
- Wow hope the found dog on here ID 49421 is Jake xLast edited: 2013-03-02 23:21:05 by bazil
- 2013-03-02 08:32 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Have left message to check found dog 49421. Fingers crossed its him!!
- 2013-03-01 16:27 Angel29007
- Thats brilliant about the LOROS walk Ellie! Jake Searchers have been out again today searching and postering up the new areas. He may have been hiding away in one of the woods near Bradgate Park, theres a few to chose from! and its only 3.7 miles from where he was seen (according to my sat nav lol). The lady who saw him on Saturday was absoutely adamant that it was him so here's hoping. Think the lady has said that she will put food out for him in the hope he comes back x
- 2013-03-01 10:21 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- I have obtained permission to poster at the LOROS Paws 4 a Cause walk at Abbey Park this Sunday and will also take fliers of currently missing LE dogs. Anyone else available to help with handouts appreciated
- 2013-03-01 01:21 bazil
- OOh hope the lady can put more food out for him, come on Jake, time to go home, stay safe handsome x
- 2013-02-28 15:25 Baggy Dog
- I’ve found that it helps to print out an A4 sheet of paper cut into business-card size slips, each with brief details and your phone number on. Give them to all the local dog walkers, postmen etc. you meet. Then if someone has news when they’re out and about they don’t need to find a poster or log on to the site to contact you. Useful if there's a big search party going on. Good luck!
- 2013-02-28 12:19 hazebella
- good luck everyone, really hope you can find Jake xx
- 2013-02-28 11:44 mathers22
- GOOD LUCK hope he's caught xx
- 2013-02-28 10:08 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Good luck today everyone XX
- 2013-02-28 10:01 Claire Weston Turville
- Would the lady who saw him scavenging be prepared to put more food out so that he might be tempted back to there again?
- 2013-02-28 09:17 rottie
- fingers crossed everyone with the search xx
- 2013-02-28 08:18 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumped again as there is a big search today in the Beaumont Leys area. Good luck everyone's
- 2013-02-27 22:23 Angel29007
- Is there any way this can be bumped again? This sighting is a strong one? Jake troops are mobilising! Posters are being put up in the area tonight/tomorrow and searchers will be out looking.
- 2013-02-27 22:05 Angel29007
- Is there any way this can be bumped again? This sighting is a strong one? Jake troops are mobilising! Posters are being put up in the area tonight/tomorrow and searchers will be out looking.
- 2013-02-27 20:17 Angel29007
- update shared on facebook. x
- 2013-02-27 19:58 Angel29007
- update shared on facebook. x
- 2013-02-27 19:50 nessabros
- Update from Jakes owner on facebook: call from a lady who has just found out about Jake and she is 100% certain that on Saturday night around 5.30pm she went out of her front door and a dog was scavenging in a bin bag in her garden The dog was a brown and white collie very thin with black freckles on his nose and she saw one of his eyes were blue. She is convinced this was JAKE. This was at Butterwick Drive Beaumont Leys Nr Birstall. Not far off the railway!
- 2013-02-26 23:13 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- It now seems the sightings are of Darcy clearly running across fields
Please keep safe and come home Jake and Darcy
- 2013-02-26 17:03 mathers22
- Really wish Jake could be caught I keep looking for a reunion. It seems so long now his owners must be distraught x
- 2013-02-26 16:22 SH
- i am keeping everything crossed as i have watched jake for so long now - please come home safely x
- 2013-02-26 16:04 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible sighting of Jake this afternoon going past The out woods and Beacon Hill towards Broom Briggs, dog warden present.
- 2013-02-23 22:13 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- All Puppy Needs Facebook page is featuring a missing dog weekend and Jill has put an article about Jake on it. Do hope it brings some information.
- 2013-02-17 18:00 Angel29007
- Update. Jake is still missing :(
- 2013-02-05 20:41 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Another unconfirmed sighting reported on the same evening at Hall Lane, Whiwicjk, near Coalville
- 2013-01-31 20:13 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Unconfirmed sighting today on Forest Road, Coalville
- 2013-01-24 21:08 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Jakes disappearance will be on the 99.2 Hermitage FM radio show on Sunday at 9.00 am.
Hope this brings some news about him.
- 2013-01-21 19:01 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- A brown and white collie has been found and collected by the North West Leicestershire DW today in the Ibstock area. Jakes owner was informed. This is definitely not Jake though being a bitch.
- 2013-01-21 18:09 cavalierandlhasamummy
- Im in the Midlands and will tweet link :) Hope he's found soon.Last edited: 2013-01-21 18:10:32 by cavalierandlhasamummy
- 2013-01-20 23:04 bazil
- Fingers crossed it is him and he is found safe x
- 2013-01-20 21:42 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- There is a possible sighting of Jake tonight in Church View, Ibstock. Friends of the family are acting on this. Bumping Jakes page.Last edited: 2013-01-20 21:59:19 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2013-01-14 20:44 mathers22
- Isn't there any news on Jake ? Xx
- 2012-12-28 18:13 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- According to the lostyourpet site a border collie was either found or sighted at Crow Mills, South Wigston on the 27th December. Have emailed for further details.
- 2012-12-20 17:11 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2012-12-07 16:52 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Unfortunately it appears that the dog seen at Bottleacre Lane was not Jake, his owners had followed this up
- 2012-12-04 17:40 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible sighting at 8.50 this morning going from B&Q towards Bottleacre Lane described as looking very wet and muddy
- 2012-12-01 21:36 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible sighting near the fire station in Loughborough this evening
- 2012-11-22 19:45 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Unconfirmed sighting 2 days ago on Victoria Street which runs on from Burton Walks, Loughborough
- 2012-10-31 17:39 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible sighting today on Shelthorpe Road
- 2012-10-29 10:27 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thanks everyone. Unfortunately the dog spotted the other day turned out to be a farm dog.
- 2012-10-29 00:04 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Still checking in on Jake on a regular basis. Hoping there is a positive sighting and Jake is home very soon. x
- 2012-10-28 15:23 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Very unlikely due to possible sightings but will post this incase you want to rule it out x
28 Oct 2012
Location: Exmouth EX8
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-10-26 18:03 jobadger
- Oh - crossed fingers that this sighting is THE ONE. xx
- 2012-10-25 11:03 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Jakes page bumped due to a possible sighting yesterday on Ingleberry Road, Nanpanton area of Loughborough running into fields
- 2012-10-25 09:24 cathie
- Can Jakes page be bumped to top of list due to possible sighting yesterday, details on his facebook page.
- 2012-10-24 23:56 Mags
- did you try hathern dog rescue as this is where starys are taken once picked up x College Garth Kennels, Derby Road, Hathern, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE12 5LD or by telephone: 01509 842327/mobile: 07542 164912
- 2012-10-03 09:10 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible sighting on the 30th on Valley Road/Forest Road 10 - 12 am
- 2012-09-26 12:18 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine
- 2012-09-25 22:08 CharlieChin
- The dog seen below was wearing a red collar.
- 2012-09-25 20:20 CharlieChin
- My friend saw a dog on Fairmeadows Way at 5 30ish on 24/9/12. It was very scared and running around. She thought it ran in the direction of Spruce Ave, but didn't see clearly where it went. I asked her to look at Jake's doglost page and she is pretty sure it wasn't Jake. She said it had a collie type body, but a different shaped head. It was wearing a collar and I think she described it as black and white. I really wish that it was Jake as this is in the middle of a housing estate and surely someone would have seen him or perhaps been able to get him in their garden. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for a happy ending
- 2012-09-25 11:04 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible but unconfirmed sighting at 9.10 am on Sunday 23rd at Priory Pub car park, Snells Nook Lane. Also probably Forest/Nanpanton Road. A lot of people seem to be getting confused with Jakes colour - he is brown and white
- 2012-09-21 21:43 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- There has been no news or sightings recently but his searchers continue their hard work.
- 2012-09-21 09:38 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Have we any news about this lovely boy....do hope he is found safely very soon, before the weather gets any worse...
- 2012-09-12 19:14 rottie
- Got my fingers crossed,good luck to you all xxx
- 2012-09-12 17:30 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Good luck to you all going out searching at 6 pm this evening, hope the rain stops for you and you have the results we all so badly want to hear.
- 2012-09-11 08:36 nessabros
- Oops yes, sorry didnt have my glasses on. Changed it now :)
- 2012-09-10 23:21 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- nessabros....can you please confirm the time....Jakes facebook group says 18:00 which is 6pm in old money :)x
Too far away to help on the gorund, but good to see Jake back towards his old haunts! Time to show yourself again please Jake! Wishing you all the best of luck for Wednesday!
- 2012-09-10 21:51 nessabros
- Jake searchers meeting up weds 6pm b&q car park. Bring spare lead, smelly food, phone (take pic if seen) & wellies! Come on Jake, it's getting dark earlier every night xxLast edited: 2012-09-11 08:35:12 by nessabros
- 2012-09-10 16:18 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible sighting of Jake yesterday morning on Belton Road heading towards Bishops Meadow Road.
- 2012-09-04 11:11 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thank you everyone. No news since the 30th as yet.
- 2012-09-04 00:13 Bounty the Dog Hunter
- Have shared Jakes profile on facebook to my loughborough friends. dont worry we'll soon have him back x
- 2012-09-03 16:02 rottie
- good luck to all involved, wish i was closer to help xxLast edited: 2012-09-03 16:03:00 by rottie
- 2012-09-03 15:15 Bounty the Dog Hunter
- am in the area and looking for this dog
- 2012-09-02 03:37 Teddys Mum-JW
- I do so hope this is Jake and he stays put in this area. Come on Jake time to go home.
- 2012-08-30 19:23 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- The sightings are being to look very hopeful as they are all in nearby areas. A farmers wife also saw him in fields recently. There are woods nearby, hopefully a feeding station can be restablished. DW is aware of the current events
- 2012-08-30 16:10 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Another possible sighting about an hour ago ran into fields off Snellsnook Lane. Do hope it is him
- 2012-08-29 15:55 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible sighting 9.30 this morning on Manor Drive Someone did take a video but it's poor quality and inconclusive.
- 2012-08-28 22:19 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 'Fraid not. Despite lots of people searching there has been no further sightings or information.
- 2012-08-28 19:40 Claire Weston Turville
- Any update?
- 2012-08-25 16:44 bazil
- Please let this be Jake, good luck helpers x
- 2012-08-25 15:14 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- There was another possible sighting at 5 pm yesterday in fields between Rempstone and Hoton which helpers have gone to check.
- 2012-08-23 20:00 janiejewel1649
- Paws and fingers xd too.
- 2012-08-22 21:20 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Everything crossed this is Jake! Come on Jake - time to come home please!x
- 2012-08-22 16:01 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Another possible sighting two days ago in Sharpley Road of a collie with distinctive different coloured eyes
- 2012-08-18 18:45 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible but unconfirmed sighting on the 14th on Sharpley Road, Loughborough and then another this afternoon on Ladybower Road, off Hirst Wood Road, Loughborough.
- 2012-08-16 20:55 janiejewel1649
- Hope you find Jake soon. Where has he got to? All xd.
- 2012-08-15 17:44 bazil
- Fingers crossed for some good news soon, hope he is found safe x
- 2012-08-11 18:43 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Ross anywhere you could poster could prove valuable as someone may know a person with news.
I postered today at the International Agility Festival at Rockingham Castle as there were Border Collie owners there from all over to help spread the word.
Please Jake keep safe until you are found.
- 2012-08-11 10:11 ROS
- We have never given up searching for Jake - I work at the Airport, so have Work Colleagues looking in that Area, Lockington etc. We walk our Dog regularly around the Derby Road Playing Fields and keep a look out on the way to Work. Has the other side of Normanton ie: Burton-On-The-Wolds, Barrow-On-Soar been Posted? He may have gone more in that direction. Hope he turns up soon !!!
- 2012-08-09 22:53 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Just checking in on the lovely Jake - sorry things have gone quiet...come on Jake lad - show yourself!x
- 2012-08-06 12:05 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Sightings of Jake have now gone very quiet. Please all LE helpers spread the word about him wherever you can
- 2012-08-04 17:42 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thanks CharlieChin for checking Jakes poster and also for keeping an eye open for him, much appreciated
- 2012-08-04 16:20 CharlieChin
- I saw the dog on the A6 and looking at Jake's photo I really don't think it was him. There was no hint of white on its face and although he could have been dirty the dog was smaller I think. I really wish I could help more. I will keep looking out for Jake as I work around the Loughborough area and travel around. Hope he finds his way home soon.
- 2012-08-04 10:55 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- A collie type was seen on the 31st on the A6 Near the roundabout for Loughborough. Traffic stopped and someone tried to catch it. Dog went into bushes on the left. Do not feel it could be Jake as described as black and smaller but he would now be very dirty and cannot leave any stone unturned
- 2012-07-27 09:55 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- There was a Facebook message from someone yesterday saying they had seen a dog like Jake in Hemmington and he was living in fields there. This is obviously being searched and really hope this is him. However, Hemmington is the place where our hopes hd been raised previously but the dog was a black and white lurcher. His team of helpers are working tirelessly.
- 2012-07-26 19:00 bazil
- Keep checking here for any news.
Thanks for all the info skippy, I could tell from the amount of comments there is a fantastic team of people helping to find Jake. Good luck everyone, lets hope its not too long now for this boy to be home safe x
- 2012-07-18 09:17 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Possible but unconfirmed sighting at 7 pm last night at Loughborough Crematorium
- 2012-07-14 15:49 Teddys Mum-JW
- Sorry to see Jake is still out running. Bless him. I xpect you have been told but I hope, as he is seen regularly in the same area, that there is a food station set up. That will keep him there. Also, has anyone mentioned a trap. Good luck and I do so hope he is home very soon
- 2012-07-14 10:52 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Has anyone put him on Radio Leicester? I often hear lost pets mentioned on there....
- 2012-07-13 23:21 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Another sighting tonight in the same area on the A50 near the Hilton. A lady stopped her car but he looked at her and ran. Described as a collie with dark ears and freckles in his nose. His army of helpers have been out searching again.
As Skippy says the dog seen with travellers at Lockington was a black and white lurcherLast edited: 2012-07-13 23:32:18 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2012-07-13 16:49 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Come on Jake - time to come home now!
Bazil - please don't think there are not people looking for Jake - although his mum and dad aren't local to Loughborough he has a fabulous team of local helpers who routinely drop everything to follow up sightings. Most of the coordinating is done I think through Jakes facebook group 'Jake Lost Dog please help' (link below) - which is why sometimes things are quiet here. I too am not local (Cheshire), but have been quietly willing the gorgeous Jake home from a distance since day one.
I understand from his group that this most recent sighting has been discounted - I think it turned out to be a black and white Lurcher. I have copied the latest description from his FB page about where he has been seen in case there are any other non-facebook locals who can continue to keep an eye out:
"The area that Jake has most been spotted, without a doubt is the Derby Road Playing Fields, Loughborough. But its not just the playing fields themselves, its more the fields behind where hes been laying low and he often uses them to travel between places. He's also been seen around the B&Q /industrial park/Belton Road/Bottleacre Lane areas and Warwick Way, Braddon Road/the flats on braddon road. In the past its also been Hathern, Cotes, Stanford on Soar."
- 2012-07-12 23:16 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Praying for this baby. Collies are so clever and amazing survivors. Jake, let some nice person catch you now sweetheart. x
- 2012-07-09 21:13 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- I've asked the reporter on the Loughborough Echo - who ran the story in May - whether he could highlight where Jake has been spotted in the last two days.
- 2012-07-09 18:05 bazil
- Feeling really emotional reading Jake is looking very thin and also where he has been sighted this morning. Poor boy has been out there 3 months now, please, please anyone who is near this area try and get out there and find this beautiful boy. I feel like driving down to help but in reality I am just too far away (Durham). Please stay safe Jake, keep still and be found so you can go home to your family. Good luck to all the wonderful people who are helping to find Jake xx
- 2012-07-09 16:01 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- A man driving to work at 7.00 am has phoned owners with a sighting this morning. On the A50 heading towards the M1 roundabout that takes you to Kegworth , near the Hilton Hotel. DW has been out searching, as are many helpers.
Aud40 we cannot say for certain the dog seen on Bottleacre Drive recently was him as there is a brown and white collie that lives in the area. However, many sightings match Jake exactly and is now being described as looking thin.
Please head back to a safer area JakeLast edited: 2012-07-09 16:02:15 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2012-07-05 06:30 Aud40
- Do weknow if the reported sighting of dog like Jake description was him!
- 2012-07-02 13:57 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- There was a reported sighting of a dog matching Jakes description seen on Bottleacre Road at 9.30 this morning.
- 2012-06-26 13:24 bazil
- Please let this be Jake xx
- 2012-06-26 11:11 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- There was another unconfirmed sighting this weekend at the playing fields. This morning came a report of a bin man holding the collar of a brown and white collie talking to a lady. DW alerted, as are local vets and Council waste collection etc. As yet no further news. Several people know the bin man as he collects trolley type and not lorry so hopefully he can be traced Last edited: 2012-06-26 11:13:38 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2012-06-19 10:23 MSPickles
- Oh I hope this is Jake. Come on lad, time to go home x
- 2012-06-18 20:09 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Possible sighting outside Blockbusters in Loughbourgh Town Centre about 5.30
- 2012-06-15 10:23 bazil
- Praying today is the day your Jake is home safe with you, good luck x
- 2012-06-14 19:32 slabcabbage
- Come on Jakey boy
- 2012-06-14 17:21 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Great!!! Come on Jakey boy
- 2012-06-14 17:00 Jayne - Head Office
- OMG paws crosed....
- 2012-06-14 12:15 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Report of Jake being sighted near the Warwick Arms, Loughborough. DW informed and people out searching.
- 2012-06-12 15:25 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Jill has spoken again to the person who sighted Jake on Sunday at 5.30 pm. It was not on the playing fields but through the bottom end of the playing fields near where the rape fields are at the side of the canal. Other people have now come forward with sightings there over the last couple of weeks. The rape is very high and dense now so he could well have made a den there.
- 2012-06-11 19:56 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Jake's photos updated.
- 2012-06-11 16:24 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- I agree millybeau when he was first registered we put on the posters black and white by mistake. I will try to get another picture.
- 2012-06-11 16:18 millybeau
- Hi Ellie, just to point out that the picture that is up of Jake is showing that he is tri coloured not just brown and white. He seems to have a black head. I can understand why people think he is tri, perhaps ask owners for another picture if they have one.
- 2012-06-11 10:16 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thanks Hayley, it's hard to tell without a picture. I don't think it is Jake has he is not tri coloured but will make sure owners see this.
- 2012-06-11 10:09 hayley
- Just for peace of mind, could someone please check out dog id 40174... same description. A kind friend pointed this out to me but is not a member who is able to comment, thank you so much. xxx
- 2012-06-11 08:59 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- There was a sighting of Jake last night at the far end of Darby Road playing fields. Jill went out and will search again today.
- 2012-05-31 09:41 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Good luck with the article. I hope it brings some news
- 2012-05-31 09:40 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Jakes page bumped due to article in today's Leicester Mercury
- 2012-05-30 20:38 janiejewel1649
- Come on Jake, yout owners want you back safe and sound. Be cauight SOON. All xd.
- 2012-05-25 19:48 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Nothing I am afraid jobadger. Searchers been out all day today too, perhaps he is lying low in the heat.
- 2012-05-25 19:34 jobadger
- Any news on last night's search?? xx
- 2012-05-24 17:25 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Good luck for tonights search, fingers crossed that today is the day xxx
- 2012-05-24 16:35 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Another sighting 10.30 this morning at Wymswold
- 2012-05-21 22:41 bazil
- Good look everyone searching for Jake, lets hope this boy is home very, very soon x
- 2012-05-21 18:26 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- So hope Jake gets back home very soon. Come on, boy. x
- 2012-05-21 13:59 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent.
- 2012-05-21 13:38 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumped Jakes page due to latest sightings. Can alerts go out for another 8 mile radius please- DE24 DE72. DE73. DE74. DE99. LE11. LE12. LE 65. NG 10. NG11. NG9
- 2012-05-21 12:26 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Sightings during the week have been Birstsll, Wymeswold, the A6006 near Stanford Hall and Kegworth, so helpers are postering as far out as possible to get in front of him. If anymore alerts can go further afield that would be good. I emailed an article for the Leicester Mercury so hoping they will publish it.
- 2012-05-11 13:29 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- A call from a guy who has spotted Jake he said he has seen him before, Confirmed Brown and white and white at the front couldnt get to him as had his own dog Jake was heading out of the playing fields in the gap at the top end could be going towards Hathern or up to Zooch area
- 2012-05-09 22:29 bazil
- Keep checking here, hope he is home soon x
- 2012-05-09 16:43 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thanks jobadger i have let Jakes searchers know of your posting on Jakes facebook page xx
- 2012-05-09 12:38 jobadger
- This morning tv programme have posted this on their website....
This Friday we’re intending to feature an item on missing pets. So if you’ve lost a pet, or think you’ve had one stolen, let us know and we might be able to feature them in our missing pets gallery. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with some good shots of your missing pet and a few details that might help: when you last saw your pet, any distinguishing marks, habits or characteristics. Maybe it was wearing a particular collar. We need your emails by 5.00pm Thursday the 10th May. http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/reuniting-lost-pets-with-owners/
- 2012-05-08 21:54 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Jills daughter, Gemma is going to do this and it will be on Jakes Facebook page. Thanks for your help Susj
- 2012-05-08 20:02 Suzj
- Could someone maybe produce a map pin pointing all the confirmed sightings and the times. Just got back from Derby Road playing fields and the towpath but no sign. It breaks my heart just want him to be safely back where he belongs
- 2012-05-08 18:33 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thanks Suzj he was seen on Monday raiding bins near the flats on Braddon Road, Loughborough. He is extremely scared and living on his instincts to survive now and will not come up to you. If you do see him crouch down low, leave a few bits of garlic sausage nearby and just really try to keep sight of him while you phone for help.
- 2012-05-08 17:46 Suzj
- Could you tell me where the last sighting was on Monday as we plan to try and help by walking our border collie in the Derby Road / Zouch area this week in the hope we might see him.
- 2012-05-08 16:03 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- A sighting reported this morning at Cotes although this has not been confirmed and may be a timewasterLast edited: 2012-05-08 16:37:18 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2012-05-08 14:24 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Jake in the Loughborough Echo
- 2012-05-07 16:27 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Am bumping Jakes page following this recent sighting. Jakes family and friends are trying everything. Area rescented although still it rains. It was the Loughborough Canal festival over the weekend so loads of fliers handed out so hopefully messages of sightings keep coming in to keep track where he is going
- 2012-05-07 16:14 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Ellie and i have met up with Jakes amazing family and helpers at lunch time today for a photo for The Loughborough Echo. Also discussed plans for the week. Not long after we left we heard the news of another sighting this afternoon in the same area! Fingers and paws crossed xxx
- 2012-05-07 14:19 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- A trap was left in position since Saturday in a position where it was known Jake had been and carefully monitored but as yet no news.
- 2012-05-03 21:42 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Confirmed sighting of Jake yesterday. Snowdrop and myself went to Normanton today to meet Grandad Gerry and a lovely lady Joan who has been a great help to discuss further plans. Jakes owners coming back down again from Yorkshire for the weekend. We are all behind you Team Jake!
- 2012-05-02 18:12 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Also in today's Loughborough Echo.
- 2012-05-02 08:35 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-05-01 18:27 bazil
- Keep checking here, any news? x
- 2012-04-29 07:14 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- No luck again last night. Last reported sighting was Saturday morning 11.25 at a churchyard, Walton on the Wolds, 7 miles from Loughborough.
- 2012-04-27 20:32 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- All the best for tonight xx
- 2012-04-27 20:06 Jayne - Head Office
- Good luck everyone...
- 2012-04-27 17:39 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I hope it goes well tonight and you find Jake XX
- 2012-04-27 15:22 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Tonight (Friday) is a big search night. Meeting at the airfield at 6.45 pm. Everyone will be split into groups but do not bring dogs please
- 2012-04-26 17:42 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Good luck tonight. I hope you come home with Jake X
- 2012-04-26 17:08 BorderCollies
- Good luck to Jake's owner and I hope he will be home soon.
- 2012-04-26 16:48 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Jakes owner has asked that please will no one search after 8 pm tonight as she is meeting the DW with a tracker dog. I am sure we all wish them well
- 2012-04-26 10:16 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Jake was sighted by police last night still in the playing fields area
- 2012-04-25 13:00 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- As well as the Facebook page below, there is also Jake Lost Dog Help Us. www.facebook.com/jakelost10april2012
- 2012-04-25 06:50 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Hopefully he didn't show himself because he was sheltering from the weather, I know I would have been!
Thanks to the DW for giving helpers advice on searching without frightening him out of the area. Fingers crossed for some news today.
- 2012-04-24 22:16 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thanks for your offer Jonfiz I will check with owners, they are coming back to Leicester on Thursday. Despite many people turning out tonight including Dog Warden who has offered use of tracker dog I gather up to now tonight there has not been a sighting. Please stay safe Jake
- 2012-04-24 20:01 Jonfiz
- Hi is Jake entire as I have a collie bitch in season I could bring up Thursday evening after work to see if that would entice him out
- 2012-04-24 19:18 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- What an amazing job Jakes search party is doing! I keep checking for good news, come on Jake home time xxx
- 2012-04-24 13:13 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Good luck everyone, hoping for some good news soon
- 2012-04-24 13:01 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- With Jakes owners going back to Yorkshire I am liaising with their fantastic bunch of helpers and we have each others mobile numbers. I have given them all advice as to what to do if they see him, etc. It seems that the river is blocking Jakes triangle and he is staying around the playing fields and allotments. The area is heavily scented by owner and food is being left to contain him in the area. Come on Jake everyone is willing you home.Last edited: 2012-04-24 13:02:51 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2012-04-24 11:20 bazil
- Jake is going where there is food and water (allotments & lake). Any chance of scenting and leaving food what he can access in these areas? Everyone is doing great. Stay safe Jake, lets hope today is the day he is home.Last edited: 2012-04-24 11:21:48 by bazil
- 2012-04-23 23:15 Sherlock Bones-POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- seen by the lake next to the playing fields, normanton tonight.
- 2012-04-23 23:07 Sherlock Bones-POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- bumped up due to tonight's sightings
- 2012-04-22 21:06 gvhawtin
About 6pm but not totally sure from Facebook page thanks Doglost so many people have helped its been amazing to see. He would be seen when we are back home in Yorkshire
Rachel Ascott just got back,walked all the way to the river at normantan from the allotments shouting him all the way.spoke to someone on the allotments who said they had seen him 20 mins before i got there,so i think hes trying to make his way back to normanton through the fields,going again tomorrow!!x
4 minutes ago · Like · 7
- 2012-04-21 20:29 gvhawtin
- Further from Ellie, more sightings seen by the Police and people on the recreation ground of Dishley playing fields. Just going back over where he could be seen. More searching tomorrow. Gemma, Jill, John and all of our Search party Thankyou all x
- 2012-04-21 17:29 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- The sighting was on Wednesday Gemma. There have been 3 people who have said they saw him on Bottleacre Lane that day and are sure it was Jake and he appeared nervous. Snowdrop and myself have been out searching all day today, firstly from the caravan sight from where he went missing and then met up with owners and their big search party to a recreation ground where reports came in of another possible sighting. He seems to be staying in a relatively small area from where he went missing. Owners have been following scenting advice. Hope to hear some good news soon.
- 2012-04-21 12:40 gvhawtin
- Could you please confirm this was a sighting yesterday and where we are in the area looking thanks
Could u contact us for more info thanks on 07723048044
- 2012-04-20 15:51 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- There has been another sighting of Jake in Bottleacre Lane, Loughborough. It does seem to fit his triangle. Owners just arrived back in Normanton for the weekend to blitz and scent area.
- 2012-04-18 17:01 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Fingers crossed this is Jake
- 2012-04-18 15:27 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumped Jakes page due to a unconfirmed sighting on Ratcliffe Road. I asked lady who reported this to check Jakes DogLost page and she feels it could be him and rang owner. Jakes Grandad and others are on their way. Please let it be him and he stays safe until they can get to him.
- 2012-04-15 22:19 BorderCollies
- I hope there will be some good news about Jake soon. Fingers crossed.
- 2012-04-15 19:58 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Despite owners searching all weekend there has been no news or sightings of Jake. They have ran the story on 3 radio stations and emailed the Loughborough Echo. Hope to hear some good news soon. Time to come home now Jake
- 2012-04-14 16:14 gvhawtin
- Family are down in the area of where he went missing all this weekend, they are searching local villages and any places they think he might be. He has been on Fb and twitter, camping and caravanning club and caravan club, radio stations. Friends and family are spending all weekend looking for hi today. Your family misses you Jake.
- 2012-04-12 20:02 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Jakes owners have now offered a reward for his safe return. Jake will also be in the Leicester Mercury and Nottingham Post
- 2012-04-12 13:04 Jayne - Head Office
- email from a local helper...
I have already printed out some of Jake's photos and will post them on walks popular with other dog walkers....I hope he is safe and well and is returned very, very soon to his owners. My heart goes out to them. Here's hoping for a speedy reuniting of Jake to his family.
- 2012-04-12 12:59 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Jake on twitter + will circulate.
- 2012-04-12 10:07 gvhawtin
- http://www.facebook.com/groups/275064035912558 this is jakes Facebook page :)
- 2012-04-12 09:25 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Shared on my facebook page. Hope Jake is found soon.xxx
- 2012-04-12 08:44 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Jake is from Yorkshire and was staying with his Grandad when he jumped over the top of the caravan door. Owners doing all the right things although unfortunately Derbyshire DW is not willing to help as Normanton although on border is technically LE. Microchip company informed and postering. Any volunteers in that area help with postering and searching would be appreciated. Jake will be in the local Loughborough newspaper and has his own Facebook page, the link to which wil be advised by owners daughter.Last edited: 2012-04-12 08:51:21 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2012-04-12 08:21 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in LE12,13. NG11. DE73,74.
- 2012-04-11 23:15 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Ready for alerts to go out please
Added to DogLost Leicestershire facebook. Www.facebook.com/groups/253035444716284/
DogLost East Midlands and Warks Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/270158526343032/ DogLost Central Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/doglostcentral
Plus my own and other local missing dog fb sites
- 2012-04-11 22:32 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Will ring owner in the morning but will now email advice sheets and contact numbers info. Keep safe Jake until you are found
- 2012-04-11 21:31 littlehelper
- I wish you lots of luck to finding Jake try ringing Babbington kennels 01159324576 also Castlefields 01159322763 we spoke earlier Anna
- 2012-04-11 21:08
- Sorry to see that JAKE SIGHTED is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.